Funds $30 | Needed $120
Like the community? Enjoy reading manga?
Then click on the small donation banner! Thx!

28%

Author Topic: The Ravages of Time ~ Chen Mou  (Read 2529 times)

Offline tthheerroocckk

• J-Starter
  • Renommée: 0
    • View Profile
Re: The Ravages of Time ~ Chen Mou
« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2018, 10:17:52 PM »
Literally the best Masterpiece of all time :wahaha:

Offline Firray

• J-Starter
  • Renommée: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Is there a Ravages of Time wikipedia?
« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2011, 07:00:59 PM »
We all know that China is a big country(ies) but there are way too many similiar looking characters and similiar sounding names. For western folks who are not used to differentiate fine differences in tones it's very different to tell them apart. Am I the only one who thinks that Churchill and Roosevelt are easier to differentiate 5 different Liu Beis and Lu Bais?

well anyone would have problems recognizing words from a different language... even i get lost in the plot too... even someone who just picked up english would have trouble differentiating Tim and Tom 

Offline Maho0o

• Official J-santa
  • Forum Donator
  • J-Overlord
  • Renommée: 107
  • 死にますよ~~~~
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2010, 10:54:46 PM »
Quote (selected)
Santa Claus
wtf? O_o       I would sue you for stealing my identity......

Quote (selected)
their names are difficult...
but when I think of it a bit.... Japanese ppl have problems remembering my family name....

Offline R3dknight

• V
  • J-Titan
  • Renommée: 142
  • YEAH!
    • View Profile
    • Website
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2010, 07:42:52 PM »
ridicules

let say we remember Liu Bei/Guan Yu/ Zhang Fei as The Bromance of Three Kingdom
To the titles that were given or the clans that they belong.

Offline silverado

• Administrator
  • J-Titan
  • Renommée: 399
    • View Profile
    • Manga Underground
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2010, 06:54:36 PM »
If I were a Chinese Popstar I would call myself hmmm Santa Claus?

Offline Maho0o

• Official J-santa
  • Forum Donator
  • J-Overlord
  • Renommée: 107
  • 死にますよ~~~~
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2010, 06:51:51 PM »
MMMmmmmmmh well yeah.... their names are difficult... but then what can be done about this? I guess the only solution is to get used to it....     
but chinese people working with western folks are trying hard, they chose western names (for my part I think it really doesn't suit them sometimes).

Offline silverado

• Administrator
  • J-Titan
    • View Profile
    • Manga Underground
Is there a Ravages of Time wikipedia?
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2010, 06:34:25 PM »
We all know that China is a big country(ies) but there are way too many similiar looking characters and similiar sounding names. For western folks who are not used to differentiate fine differences in tones it's very different to tell them apart. Am I the only one who thinks that Churchill and Roosevelt are easier to differentiate 5 different Liu Beis and Lu Bais?

Offline silverado

• Administrator
  • J-Titan
    • View Profile
    • Manga Underground
The Ravages of Time ~ Chen Mou
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2007, 05:47:50 PM »

Quote (selected)
[From Mangacity]:

Nearly 2000 years ago, the prosperous Han dynasty of China collapsed. Heroes rose and fell, and three nations emerged--Wei, Shu, and Wu. Historians refer to this period as the three kingdoms period. The romance of the three kingdom is an intriguing tale of heroic deeds, of alliance forged and broken, of loyalty and betrayal...

Hong Kong artist Chan Mou retells this classic tale in "The Ravages of Time" from the perspective of the Sima clan, which in the end united the three kingdoms. Readers will be attracted by an array of well-developed characters and Chan Mou's own unique top-notch art-style. Whether you have played Dynasty Warriors or not, this is definitely worth a read!

Sorry, please read the forum rules to see why you can't view spoilers and why you can't post in this forum section. Thank you!

Offline mysticangel

• sometimes you have to stop chasing a dream and let it catch you
  • AS-Team
  • J-Master
  • Renommée: 41
    • View Profile
    • Curious Star
The Ravages of Time ~ Chen Mou
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2007, 03:40:57 PM »
The Ravages of Time

Host: Megaupload

taken from Fifay.net

Plot summary:Nearly 2000 years ago, the prosperous Han dynasty of China collapsed. Heroes rose and fell, and three nations emerged--Wei, Shu, and Wu. Historians refer to this period as the three kingdoms period. The romance of the three kingdom is an intriguing tale of heroic deeds, of alliance forged and broken, of loyalty and betrayal...

Hong Kong artist Chan Mou retells this classic tale in "The Ravages of Time" from the perspective of the Sima clan, which in the end united the three kingdoms. Readers will be attracted by an array of well-developed characters and Chan Mou's own unique top-notch art-style. Whether you have played Dynasty Warriors or not, this is definitely worth a read! http://www.mangaupdates.com

Volumes 1:
Sorry, please read the forum rules to see why you can't view spoilers and why you can't post in this forum section. Thank you!

Volumes 2:

Volumes 3:

Volumes 4:

P.S. sorry for delay and there be more to come i just dont' had time the past few weeks to upload :aty:..... and btw check back for it in 8 hours cuz somehow i got error twice while upload before going to sleep