Funds $0 | Needed $120
Like the community? Enjoy reading manga?
Then click on the small donation banner! Thx!

0%

Author Topic: Desert Punk - Usune Masatoshi  (Read 65082 times)

Offline Goral

• Firefly/Serenity fanatic
  • GWR Team
  • J-Regular
  • Renommée: 24
    • View Profile
    • MiB scanlations
Re: Desert Punk - Usune Masatoshi
« Reply #85 on: January 03, 2012, 12:04:42 AM »
Every time I see a reply in this thread my heart rate increases hoping that I will find another volume of this awesome manga. Nonetheless seeing new (or old) fans posting here is the second best thing. Keep it up guys. Oh, and of course and thank you Morten for previous volumes. BTW, since Desert Punk is so hideous to clean maybe you could consider releasing scanlations with only typesetting performed (and maybe some basic cleaning)? I doubt that fans of this manga would be disappointed (on the contrary). And to be honest the raws to which links I've provided already look very good and no cleaning is necessary unless you would want to be a perfectionist.

Offline thesoc89

• J-Starter
  • Renommée: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: January 01, 2012, 11:44:53 AM »
thanks for tranlating dudes  :yay:  i really love this manga hahaha
BTW when is vol 6 translated to be uploaded?

Offline Bdd

• J-Starter
  • Renommée: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: December 11, 2011, 07:29:06 PM »
Great releases. Many thanks for the hard work you guys keep putting in your scanlations.

Offline f47

• J-Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: December 06, 2011, 12:06:48 AM »
Just passing to say, GOOD WORK!
I hope you continue this great manga and thanks for the translations. :yay:

Offline Revilenigma

• Medically Certified Man-Child
  • J-Titan
  • Renommée: 193
  • #wow #whoa
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: October 17, 2011, 06:29:36 AM »
This is good series but just wondering, why is this seinen? So far it hasnt been too graphically violent nor nudity. Maybe because he tries to rape her all the time? XD

Because it runs in Comic Beam

Offline Redcat74

• J-Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: October 17, 2011, 06:18:33 AM »
This is good series but just wondering, why is this seinen? So far it hasnt been too graphically violent nor nudity. Maybe because he tries to rape her all the time? XD

Offline lightpsycho

• J-Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: October 15, 2011, 01:00:38 AM »
Wow, this is so incredible!  I just finished watching the whole anime series on netflix and I immediately went on wikipedia to see if it was based on a manga series and...well the rest is history!  I found your site and was so releived to find out that you were doing scanlations!  Thank you so much!  I'm looking forward to more volumes being released!

Offline InkStorm

• J-Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: September 26, 2011, 03:22:12 PM »
It's such a treat to be able to read even more of Desert Punk.  I enjoyed the anime immensely though the ending did seem odd, and I couldn't help but be excited after I realized it had a manga counterpart (which has a different ending to boot).  The downside, however, was the complete lack of chapters.  Anyways, thanks Gantz Waitingroom for continuing to do releases for this series.

On another note, I love the nostalgia I get from reading this.  It's always a blast to see Kanta act like the complete ass that he is,  Underhanded, crude, devilish, and yet the most important part, efficient.  I don't see why people hate on his balloon clones as they're relatively cheap and keep you from getting shot.  They might not be for the desert, though, as I could see the heat and gusting wind wiping them all away.

Offline marijan

• J-Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: August 20, 2011, 11:51:52 AM »
AWWW YEAH!

It was my destiny to find you. Thank you very much for all your work on translating this series..

Offline overdriveteleporter

• J-Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: August 16, 2011, 08:27:10 AM »
Not very.

Damn, was looking for something that was a tease. Oh well, I'll probably still read this as soon as I'm done with dorohedoro

Offline Revilenigma

• Medically Certified Man-Child
  • J-Titan
  • Renommée: 193
  • #wow #whoa
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: August 15, 2011, 07:55:53 PM »
This manga is listed as "ecchi" on baka updates, just how ecchi is it?

Not very.

Offline overdriveteleporter

• J-Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: August 15, 2011, 05:34:35 PM »
This manga is listed as "ecchi" on baka updates, just how ecchi is it?

Offline morten

• Turnin' On The Screw
  • J-Titan
  • Renommée: 439
  • Human after all
    • View Profile
    • ALL HAIL OFFTOPIA
« Reply #73 on: August 13, 2011, 09:13:48 PM »
I wanted to ask whether you have a translator for this great manga (the best you've ever worked on, maybe besides Dorohedoro IMO)? I know that molokidan has retired from amateur translations and went pro and since it's a rather old and unpopular title maybe you have trouble with that? Or maybe you're lacking in other positions like typesetters/cleaners? If yeah I could try to do some advertising and maybe help, if just a little...

Yeah, Molo retired but he will continue Moyashimon for us.

I thought of brolen for continuing Desert Punk but I'll see in Autumn when we completed some of our projects and have time to switch priorities again. I always wanted to make Desert Punk our main project besides Dorohedoro but this manga is a S.O.B. to edit. After cleaning it's still necessary to remove dust from the black areas in the image which takes ten minutes every picture. One of the reasons why it's very annoying to work on this manga. It's difficult buty maybe we can release another volume this year to finish up the Shit Truck arc. Help would be always welcome but you have know how you engage into this. I guess after cleaning one volume you will throw the towel like Feanor did...  :wahaha:

Offline Goral

• GWR Team
  • J-Regular
    • View Profile
    • MiB scanlations
« Reply #72 on: August 13, 2011, 05:42:32 PM »
I wanted to ask whether you have a translator for this great manga (the best you've ever worked on, maybe besides Dorohedoro IMO)? I know that molokidan has retired from amateur translations and went pro and since it's a rather old and unpopular title maybe you have trouble with that? Or maybe you're lacking in other positions like typesetters/cleaners? If yeah I could try to do some advertising and maybe help, if just a little...

Offline BYAHTEM

• J-Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: August 11, 2011, 12:55:50 AM »
This manga is so funny  :wahaha: I never get tire of reading it.
Thank you for the releases, they are a fine work. +Ren

Offline Goral

• GWR Team
  • J-Regular
    • View Profile
    • MiB scanlations
« Reply #70 on: August 07, 2011, 07:01:52 PM »
Sunabōzu is a unique manga, interesting from start to finish and even though humour wasn't too refined (it was more of a college humour) I consider it as one of the most valuable reads I've had in my life as a manga reader. Paradoxically, despite it's often primitive jokes or out of the top behaviour (sometimes even cartoonish) of characters, there are not many manga that depict reality as well, even if it's in a setting almost completely unknown to us. The same goes for characters who we see as made from flesh and blood and not ink and paper. It's very rare to find characters such as these. Since the world they live in is more cruel than the one most of us know and here motto "survival of the fittest" is a fact and not just an empty slogan, characters behave very logically in such conditions. The main hero (and most of other characters that have at least half a brain) are pragmatist and/or opportunists. If there was a chance to screw someone over they don't miss it, if the opponent has an advantage they don't think twice about withdrawing. The latter action is something that most mangakas do not consider. Main hero would run ?! That's ridiculous. He can't. He must stand firmly and fight with his foes and surely he will defeat them because of sheer fighting spirit... Well, not in Desert Punk (but in Arms Peddler unfortunately yes). There is no honour here, no pardon, what matters are results and effectiveness. It reminds me of Fallout game (but not crappy Fallout 3 but Fallout 1 - godly game) and maybe that's why I've loved it so much. It also reminds me of Firefly (the best tv show ever) and I haven't found any cartoon/anime or other tv series that would get even close to it.
Even though the plot isn't very original, carrying it out is. Desert Punk surprises (in a good way) in every chapter. Often I had to pick up my jaw from the floor, even more often I laughed (my sense of humour isn't too refined :P) and sometimes my adrenaline level would rise. There are only few manga/anime that could trigger such reactions from me and even fewer that managed to maintain it from start to finish (Trigun, Cowboy Bebop, Legend of Galactic Heroes, SPT Layzner, FMA, Urasawa's mangas, Romeo no Aoi Sora, Kemono no Souja Erin, Kaiji and that's about it). So if you're looking for a non-schematic, action manga, something that would allow you to relax and something you won't forget than this manga is for you.

Manga and anime are unfortunately very under-appreciated. This title has disappeared in tons of sh*t that floats around and are considered as masterpieces when they can't even compare to Desert Punk. The proof of that is that no fansubbers have translated the anime and manga has only one group that's interested in doing it (thank you GWR), which is very sad. On the other hand such poor manga such as Arms Peddler is being scanlated by two groups. I can't understand it. *sigh*

Offline parkan-tux

• J-Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: August 05, 2011, 03:33:35 PM »
Releasing volumes 4 & 5 which were originally scheduled for September...

I just couldn't ignore the voices in my head anymore releasing it now...

God bless these voices! Thanks for awesome release.

Offline van234

• J-Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: August 05, 2011, 04:11:30 AM »
Thank you for your work! You are awesome :XD:

Offline Goral

• GWR Team
  • J-Regular
    • View Profile
    • MiB scanlations
« Reply #67 on: August 04, 2011, 03:29:30 PM »
Thank you so much ! You're the best. Wow, that really made my day. Plus you've released 4th volume of Shingeki no Kyojin, wow, just wow. But Desert Punk is the one thing I'm most grateful for.

Offline Vladis1

• J-Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: August 04, 2011, 03:06:05 PM »
Thanks for releasing those volumes - looking forward to more.

Offline morten

• Turnin' On The Screw
  • J-Titan
  • Renommée: 439
  • Human after all
    • View Profile
    • ALL HAIL OFFTOPIA
« Reply #65 on: August 04, 2011, 03:42:27 AM »
Releasing volumes 4 & 5 which were originally scheduled for September...

I just couldn't ignore the voices in my head anymore releasing it now...

Offline Valo

• Dust and Ashes
  • J-Starter
  • The world keeps turning...
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: July 11, 2011, 05:06:42 AM »
Amazing manga, stellar job on the scanslation.
The only errors I spotted were minor, like the last vol.3 omake: 28 and 12 ammo "each" when the M1903 holds 7/mag and the shown grenade belt holds 6.

Keep up the good work! I'm really looking forward to the next release.

Offline kirika

• J-Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: May 15, 2011, 06:16:15 PM »
Oh, and here I hoped that next chapter of Desert Punk is out or on the way :/. Along with Dorohedoro it's the best manga being scanlated by GWR.

Offline armada

• J-Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: May 15, 2011, 03:19:44 PM »
I freacking Love this manga, hope you guys will catch up to the series some time soon!

Offline Nukah

• J-Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 04, 2011, 04:11:54 AM »
are you guys still translating this series?

Offline Derp

• J-Starter
  • Yo~~
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: January 05, 2011, 01:47:39 AM »
Love the anime and I'm loving the crude humor of the manga.  :banzai: here's to hoping to see some more.
PS! This was the only place in the interwebs I found the manga, mucho mucho thankful!   :wakuwaku:

Offline Mooltie

• J-Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: December 20, 2010, 08:43:03 AM »
God I've been looking so hard for this XD

thank you guys so much! Desert punk is the epicest of the epic of the epic. and you boys and girls... you DO it! XD

Offline snpaa

• J-Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: December 14, 2010, 12:23:42 AM »
thanks  ive litteraly been waiting for 6 years to read this glad that somebody finally doing it. :heaven:

Offline Desert Rat

• J-Starter
  • Renommée: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: October 28, 2010, 12:07:26 AM »
Awesome!  Thank you guys for this, loved the anime and been looking forward to seeing what they left out!

Offline zo-pai

• J-Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 23, 2010, 08:01:13 AM »
Ahh FINALLY found desert punk~
Thanks for scanlating these! c: