Funds $0 | Needed $120
Like the community? Enjoy reading manga?
Then click on the small donation banner! Thx!

0%

Author Topic: General Manga/Novels Recommendation thread  (Read 65664 times)

Offline BunnyPillow

• J-Starter
  • Renommée: 1
  • Bunnies! Pillows! BunnyPillow!
    • View Profile
Re: General Manga/Novels Recommendation thread
« Reply #328 on: February 27, 2017, 12:48:12 AM »
Any recommend completed romantic comedy manga or light novels series?  :huh:
Thanks before

Some romantic comedy mangas! My specialty!! Although for some, I'm not too sure if they are completed.

Mangas:
- Acchi Kocchi: Acchi Kocchi follows the misadventures, screw ups, and idiocy of 5 schoolmates: Io, Tsumiki, Hime, Mayoi, and Sakaki.
[It's really hilarious and the main protagonist is Tsumiki Minwa. She's super tsundere but a really cute one!]

- Akatsuki No Yona: Yona is the sole princess of the kingdom, living the luxurious and carefree life as a princess should. She has it all: the finest clothes and cosmetics, the most divine sweets, a loving emperor as a father, and the hottest cousin crush, Soo-wong, anyone could ever hope to have. Now, if only her bodyguard, Son Hak, wasn't so annoying to her and her hair wasn't so red.
But her nearly perfect world quickly shatters as the man she loves, Soo-wong, murders her father and the path to his ascension to the throne is assured. Son Hak escapes with Yona, and they lead a life on the run from that point on.
[If you haven't already read this manga, you definitely show go for it!! It's held in a historical time period and the main couple will make you squeal. <3 The characters are all so amazing and I think you will really enjoy it!]

-  Horimiya: Hori is your average teenage girl... she has a side she wants no one else to ever find about. Then there's her classmate Miyamura, your generic glasses-wearing boy in school and a totally different person outside. When the two meet unexpectedly, they discover each others' secrets and develop an unexpected friendship.
[It's about two people who are really different from what others imagine them to be. It's a really cute manga so try it out sometime!]

- Kami-sama Gakuen @ Armeria: Yanagawa Rokuhana is a student from Armeria - a school where only 30 students are attending.
Little did Yanagawa realized that she was actually the chosen one by God to protect the world from the almighty, God of the Death.
[I swear this manga will just give you the perfect dose of diabetes. It's just so sweet and oooh! You just have to read it to find out!!]

- Colette wa Shinu Koto ni Shita: Greek mythology come into this one! The main character Colette is the village's only doctor. She wants to take a rest and falls into a well. There she meets Hades! The god of the Underworld!!

- Last Game: He's rich, he's smart, girls gather around him all the time, and he has always gotten first place on his exams... well, until Kujou transferred in his primary school class. She was quiet, plain, and poor, yet not once has she failed at beating Yanagi, both in academics and sports! Yanagi has made it his life goal to defeat this girl Kujou, and ten years later, as they enter high school, he just might finally win! This is the story of their last game.

That's all for now! I don't want to fill up the other's screens. Wait can I get in trouble for that?!?

Offline Sasuke13096

• J-Starter
  • Renommée: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: February 20, 2017, 09:31:47 AM »
Definitely recommend Ballroom e Youkoso, it's a gorgeous sports manga ;^;

Offline Vindoque

• J-Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: February 14, 2017, 02:23:13 AM »
Guys, can you tell me some of your recommended novels?
I already read these:
(Arifureta Shokugyou de Sekai Saikyou, Death March kara Hajimaru Sekai, The New Gate, Konjiki no Word Master, Overlord, Seirei Gensouki and Tensei Shitara Slime Datta Ken)
and i liked these novels very much especially SeiGensou, Konjiki and Tensei Shitara, and now i'm searching for novels to read because I don't quite my other novels so I'm hoping that there are still novels like these that I would really like.
I don't mind it's genre, I'll read it whether its fantasy, sci-fi or romance as long as it piqued my interests but if you can I would like some fantasy novels like those mentioned above.
Anyway, Thanks in Advance...

Offline Merui

• J-Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: February 01, 2017, 03:00:53 PM »
Hello~
Does anyone have any sports manga recommendations?
Loved Major and Baby Steps for example

Offline horimiyafan

• J-Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: February 01, 2017, 05:53:35 AM »
Can someone reccomend me something like Isekai Mahou wa Okureteru! ?
I already know Mushoku Tensei,the manga with the Unique cheat guy, Re Monster, Douluo Dalu, and The New Gate.

Offline greenisgood

• J-Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: January 07, 2017, 03:40:59 PM »
Hi someone have or now where I can read  the novel about orphen?

Offline Demonright

• J-Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: January 05, 2017, 07:47:16 PM »
Is Isekai Mahou good?

Offline Yakiki

• J-Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: December 27, 2016, 04:21:37 PM »
one punch man
psycho mob 100

Offline HiramekiAbe

• J-Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: December 15, 2016, 06:57:08 AM »
Any recommend completed romantic comedy manga or light novels series?  :huh:
Thanks before

Offline floydo

• J-Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: November 22, 2016, 11:02:51 PM »
Can anyone recommend some completed light novel series?  I'm open to pretty much anything in terms of genre but am a little annoyed that a lot of times you just get a "well, better wait for the next chapter..." without an actual conclusion.

thanks in advance

Offline x149te

• J-Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: October 29, 2016, 03:07:46 AM »
Recommend please ranobe similar to Rise of the Shield Hero.

Offline Kabusaku

• J-Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: October 06, 2016, 03:36:39 AM »
There are two works that I would highly recommend and both are by the author Yusei Matsui.

The first is also his first serialized work called Majin Tantei Nougami Neuro (various translations give it the name Neuro: Supernatural Detective or Private Demon Detective Neuro Nougami). MTNN is about a sadistic mystery-eating demon named Neuro Nougami who has come to Earth to consume the negative energy created by terrible crimes. He uses Yako Katsuragi, a high school girl who just lost her father to a horrific murder, as a mask by having her act as a detective while he eats in order to hide his origins. But that's just the premise, the actual work is not a mystery manga at all but rather a psychological horror comedy. The comedy itself could be considered caustic (as one reviewer put it) since it mainly revolves around the suffering of others, particularly Yako, but it didn't really bother me while reading it and I found myself enjoying it. The only detriment is the art which is absolutely terrible in the beginning, though it does get better over time. It's one of my favorite manga, though it is unlicensed and the scanlation quality tends to vary throughout the series. Avoid the anime until you finish the manga. Actually, just avoid the anime.

The second is his newest series, Assassination Classroom, which recently finished in Japan at 21 volumes, but is ongoing in the US by Viz. In this series, over two-thirds of the moon has disappeared without warning forming a crescent shape. The being that has done this has since declared that he will do the same to Earth in one year's time unless he can be killed. He makes a deal with the government to give mankind a chance. He will allow them the attempt to kill him if they let him teach Class 3-E at a local middle school, the bottom class of the most prestigious school in Japan. They agree and the class is told that if they kill him, they will receive 10 billion yen. It is now a race to see who will die first: the teacher or the Earth. This one is definitely an action comedy with heavy emphasis on the comedy and a larger cast of characters. I usually call it the "refined Neuro" series considering how similar the early chapters are to MTNN with much better art. Also, it's licensed which is really nice. The anime is also pretty decent, and it's been dubbed as well if you prefer English dubs.

Offline WillemAditya

• J-Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: September 30, 2016, 06:21:58 AM »
i recommend mugenjin's manga's its funny AF

"Zannen Jokanbu Black General-san" is one of my fav

Offline mangaraw

• J-Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #315 on: September 18, 2016, 04:07:43 AM »
I recommend reading Naruto and watching Dragon Ball Super
 :elephantdancef:

Offline thebluenavi

• J-Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: September 16, 2016, 07:23:48 PM »
???

Offline Machinart

• J-Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: September 13, 2016, 11:15:29 AM »
I recommend Mushoku Tensei -Isekai Ittara

Offline balumbong

• J-Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: September 12, 2016, 10:55:23 AM »
I recommend reading a korean light novel called "Everyone Else is a Returnee." It's really awesome.
Also, for any of those who have "Dungeon Seeker", what are your thoughts?

Offline robonxt

• "Mental curruption at 75%. Please evacuate. All safety fail-proof systems are now offline."
  • J-Hero
  • Renommée: 20
  • World's first high-tech human-like robot
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: September 10, 2016, 07:02:35 PM »
Finished A Certain Magical Index (all series) in 3 days, am trying to find Re:Zero English LN...

Offline mangaraw

• J-Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: September 09, 2016, 12:22:23 AM »
Bleach next chap: An infinite loop of damage transfer between Uryu and Haschwalth until one of them falls unconscious or dies.

Offline mangaraw

• J-Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: September 06, 2016, 10:46:21 AM »
recently I started reading some horror novel ... it is quite attractive :hi:

Offline kwali

• J-Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: September 05, 2016, 02:26:55 AM »
recently, i have started reading light novels, namely rakudai kishi no eiyuutan and completely loved it. Can somebody recommend some good light novels

Offline dragonkiller

• J-Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: September 03, 2016, 10:32:46 PM »
These are interesting

Offline tm2yk

• J-Starter
  • Howdy. Name tm2yk. Lets get along.
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: September 01, 2016, 09:42:12 AM »
I will not recommended HOT manga cause they already well known.
The recommended manga which i think plot, drawing and story are good (also touching):

Love Story
To the Earth-Born You
The Sleepy Residents of Birdcage Manor
Mizutama Puzzle
The Hands the Demon Adored
Fetish Berry
Clear up after rain
KANOJO WA MADA KOI O SHIRANAI

History/ Science/ Investigation/ Horror
Shinjuku DxD
Ouroboros
Otoyomegatari
Book Club
SHOUKOKU NO ALTAIR

There a lot i did like to recommend but too much will cause confusion. Have fun reading them.

Offline walkerworld3

• J-Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: August 13, 2016, 03:44:26 AM »
Hello, I've never read any light novels, and I'd like to start, I'm quite fond of retro-futuristic universes and mature dark stories.
Any recommandation?
Psycome
Monogatari Series
Toaru Majutsu no Index
Sword Art Online

Offline tistebamato

• J-Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: August 01, 2016, 05:10:54 PM »
Hello, I've never read any light novels, and I'd like to start, I'm quite fond of retro-futuristic universes and mature dark stories.
Any recommandation?

Offline GaiaLancer

• That one Finnish guy
  • J-Starter
  • So... do I fit in the group?
    • View Profile
    • My streams
« Reply #303 on: May 10, 2016, 11:53:30 AM »
I really have to hype up Grisaia -series, both as an anime and a visual novel.

That pretty much made me return to anime, manga, light- and visual novels after over ten years of being "it is all just boring and doesn't really tickle my fancy".
The whole anime can be watched on Crunchyroll (all three seasons!) and the visual novel of the first season is available on steam
Sorry, please read the forum rules to see why you can't view spoilers and why you can't post in this forum section. Thank you!
and the uncencored version (which I HIGHLY recommend as the steam version cuts tons of story stuff even when sex scenes aren't taken into account) from translator denpasofts site. (40$)

The series follows the viewpoint of Yuuji Kazami that because of various reasons transfers into a private school with just five other students that all have their own problems and dark pasts. I absolutely adore the characters and writing. I've watched through the anime for multiple times and went through the novel twice, while waiting for the second visual novel to get released.

If you guys enjoy psychological slice of life I really suggest you guys check this one out!

But nothing is without its faults, the first season of anime is in my opinion kind of great and doesn't really have any filler material but the second season (and labyrinth of grisaia, which is pretty much just one episode long special) pretty much changes the genre to some dumb action anime that seems kind of out of the theme.

It still isn't bad, but it just doesn't feel the same anime as the first season, so watch after first season with a grain of salt. I really hope that the two visual novels that follow the first one actually fix this and are just as great experiences as the first one was!

hopefully I didn't go too off topic talking about the visual novel, but as it is related and it felt really dumb not to talk about it AND the anime I decided to include recommendation for that also.
Also, there isn't a general "Anime" recommendations thread at Anime & Manga area? Am I just blind. This felt the most proper place to put this recommendation!

Offline B-rizzle

• J-Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: May 06, 2016, 01:50:34 PM »
Such great recommendations, I'm going to try to read the mangas to the different animes I've seen.

Offline 3rd Last

• J-Starter
  • "The Rason Ko Wala Labot Sa Imo"
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: May 01, 2016, 08:00:39 AM »
I got some gloomy OR anti-protagonist MC novels/manga that are a bit hard to find(at least for me). :r38: :stabby:
               *Not in any form of logical patterning or in any particular order.*
                <(You can find the novels at http://www.novelupdates.com)>
1.Welcome to the Man-Eating Dungeon
2. Necromancer
3. Bishoujo wo Jouzu ni Nikubenki ni Suru Houhou (R-18)
4. To Deprive a Deprived Person
5. Senketsu no Elf (R-18 due to OVER HEARTH BREAKING PLOT AND F***K OP GORE)
6. Isekai Mahou wa Okureteru
7. The Lazy King
8. Yobidasa Reta Satsuriku-sha (R-15)
9. Black Haze
10. The legendary moonlight sculpture

Offline Complexe

• J-Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #300 on: April 25, 2016, 07:41:18 AM »
Yamada-kun to 7-nin no Majo is pretty good, but if you're looking for something darker i personally recommend Utsuro no Hako to Zero no Maria.

Offline robonxt

• "Mental curruption at 75%. Please evacuate. All safety fail-proof systems are now offline."
  • J-Hero
  • Renommée: 20
  • World's first high-tech human-like robot
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: April 22, 2016, 10:58:47 PM »
Anyone got any recommendations for any manga preferably one that has less than 100 chapters?

Iris Zero might be a good manga, even though it's (dead?)  and it's under 100 chapters as of 2015
Or if you like to read manga that has a anime created already, try reading Sword Art Online, Angel Beats, or Time of Eve. can't guarantee all are under 100 chapters

Offline Lucario.Dragon9001

• Lord Of Hentai
  • J-Starter
  • Bry-Bry Hentai, Lord of hentai!
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: April 22, 2016, 10:20:23 PM »
If you're looking for a fun light novel to read, then look no further than No Game No Life. Simply googling no game no life light novel english will yield a link to a jcafe topic dedicated to the translations. :hi:

Offline xXShunXx

• J-Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: April 07, 2016, 06:16:26 AM »
Anyone got any recommendations for any manga preferably one that has less than 100 chapters?

Offline danlk

• J-Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: April 04, 2016, 08:13:07 PM »
Well at the moment i'm reading No game no life... again, its just to good to read it once, there's one more that is re zero kara hajimeru isekai seikatsu, I just saw the anime, and my body asks for more.

Offline mnmsquared05

• J-Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: March 09, 2016, 02:33:59 PM »
I personally like light novels with OP MC's like The New Gate, Arifureta, and Mushoku Tensei.

Offline eijitoh

• J-Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: March 07, 2016, 12:34:07 PM »
Anyone here read Pajama na Kanojo?

Offline pujo_purnomo

• J-Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: February 22, 2016, 09:29:49 AM »
re:marina if you like romance comedy

Offline lenzzcaliburn

• J-Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: February 12, 2016, 08:45:58 AM »
This:
Isekai Maou to Shoukan Shoujo Dorei Majutsu
Reunion with the Twelve Fascinating Goddesses
Overlord

Sadly, I've read Isekai Maou and Overlord but Reunion with the Twelve Fascinating Goddesses looks interesting. Thank You :D
If you are looking for something that has the genre I have mentioned try these:
Re:Monster
Tsuki ga Michibiku Isekai Douchuu
Arifureta
Sendai Yuusha wa Inkyou Shitai
Souen no Historia
Spirit Migration
The Lazy King
Master of Monsters
Tsuyokute New Saga

The Ones Below Are A Little Bit Interesting:
In A Different World With A Smart Phone
Return of The Former Hero
The Lazy Dungeon Master
Takami no Kago

You could also try Slave Harem but it gets pretty boring later on. I also recommend Riot Grasper but there are still only a few chapters translated.

Offline superdragonite64

• the "damnit yet another one" dragon of jcafe
  • J-Legend
  • Renommée: 8
    • View Profile
    • Always in Progress
« Reply #291 on: February 04, 2016, 06:24:43 PM »
One of the best in that genre is Mushoku Tensei

Offline pempem0123

• J-Member
  • Renommée: 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: February 04, 2016, 07:41:21 AM »
Can someone recommend me a light or web novel with rpg elements, reincarnated mc, or transported to another world. It doesn't have to contain all three. Even if it is only one please tell me. I might find something new to read.

This:
Isekai Maou to Shoukan Shoujo Dorei Majutsu
Reunion with the Twelve Fascinating Goddesses
Overlord

Offline lenzzcaliburn

• J-Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: February 04, 2016, 04:56:42 AM »
Can someone recommend me a light or web novel with rpg elements, reincarnated mc, or transported to another world. It doesn't have to contain all three. Even if it is only one please tell me. I might find something new to read.

Offline lenzzcaliburn

• J-Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: February 04, 2016, 04:52:34 AM »
Is Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari really that interesting?  :huh:

And btw can someone recommend me some interesting Light Novel if possible that Action with Romance type, thnx  :hero:

Have you read Mushoku Tensei? If not it's a good read though if you don't like harems then avoid this one. Gun-Ota is another web novel I'm reading though again if you don't like harems then you can avoid it.
I also recommend Yuusha Party but the translations kinda slow. There's no harem in it, i think?

Offline hhiggins1

• J-Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: February 03, 2016, 07:50:55 PM »
I'm into older/alternative manga, & the books which got me into them include

AX:Alternative Manga, Secret Comics Japan, Comics Underground Japan - Various

Red Colored Elegy/Gold Pollen - Seiichi Hayashi

GeGeGe Kitaro/Onwards Towards Our Noble Deaths/3, Street of Mysteries - Shigeru Mizuki

Doing Time - Kazuichi Hanawa

Good-Bye/The Push Man & Other Stories/Fallen Words/A Drifting Life - Yoshihiro Tatsumi

No.5/Bamboo Samurai/Kanai-kun/Hanaotoko - Taiyo Matsumoto

Blue/Itaitashii Love/Pumpkin & Mayonnaise - Kiriko Nananan

Nasu/Japan Tengu Party Illustrated/Sexy Voice and Robo - Iou Kuroda

Goodbye Punpun/Solanin - Inio Asano

Even A Monkey Can Draw Manga  - Koji Aihara & Kentaro Takekuma

Little Forest/Witches/Children of the Sea - Igarashi Daisuke

Bakune Young/Ryuguden - Toyokazu Matsunaga

Me-Bug & Other Stories/Journey to the End of the World/God's Child - Nishioka Kyoudai

Disappearance Diary - Hideo Azuma

Phoenix/MW/Ode to Kirihito/Dororo/Alabaster/Crater etc - Osamu Tezuka

I'm re-reading Little Forest atm & it's even better than I remember it!

Offline timothywhizz

• J-Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: January 24, 2016, 10:44:16 PM »
helck i think because many of my friend recommend me to read this manga

Offline PrinceSharming

• J-Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #285 on: January 24, 2016, 01:16:54 PM »
Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari great work, though I'm not sure the LN will be translated :((

Offline oneclicklogin

• J-Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: January 24, 2016, 10:15:51 AM »
Lookism is a manhwa i really like these days. Definitely worth reading

Offline supprzem

• J-Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: January 24, 2016, 07:41:49 AM »
Hello.
  I'm new here. I just finished Phantom - Requiem for the Phantom and I'm a little depressed. Could anyone recommend some good comedy that would fit into this?

Offline AbyssalRing

• J-Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: January 22, 2016, 07:59:22 PM »
Hi Guys Im Looking For A Novel With a female MC :D

Offline Othinus

• J-Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: January 18, 2016, 08:06:34 AM »
Is Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari really that interesting?  :huh:

And btw can someone recommend me some interesting Light Novel if possible that Action with Romance type, thnx  :hero:

Offline Miguelostos

• Global Moderator
  • Silver Dragon
  • Renommée: 5177
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: January 13, 2016, 04:48:52 AM »
is this post considered an intro
No. But it'll do.

Offline YukihiraLux

• J-Starter