Funds $0 | Needed $120
Like the community? Enjoy reading manga?
Then click on the small donation banner! Thx!

0%

Author Topic: Rain v01-10 + Ex  (Read 55791 times)

Offline seaghyn16

• Translator of Rain
  • J-Starter
  • Renommée: 11
    • View Profile
    • Bread VS Rice
Re: Rain v01-09 + Ex [novel]/manga vol 1-2+
« Reply #72 on: November 15, 2011, 01:09:20 PM »
volume 1 Chapter 1 part 1, or Rain 1.1.1 is finally out for any interested parties.

Sorry, please read the forum rules to see why you can't view spoilers and why you can't post in this forum section. Thank you!

So....much....typing.....aaaaahhhh! I also took a lot of time to get to know this new program called OmegaT for CAT translating. It was really interesting, but I think I might stick with line by line translating.

Anyway, hope you enjoy it, and leave a comment when you get a chance!

Thanks!   :wahaha:

Offline MaerisCrisis

• J-Addict
  • Renommée: 18
  • Sleepless writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: November 09, 2011, 06:02:17 PM »
Thanks a lot for the update.

Offline seaghyn16

• Translator of Rain
  • J-Starter
    • View Profile
    • Bread VS Rice
« Reply #70 on: November 09, 2011, 01:04:23 PM »
Novel Translations, site moved to:

Sorry, please read the forum rules to see why you can't view spoilers and why you can't post in this forum section. Thank you!

Intro and Prologue Complete.

Chapter 1 should be out middle of next week. We meet Princess Shelva!

(pretty much I've got to get myself to stick to the same naming conventions...)

EDIT: comment if you like the new site design. "old" wordpress site wouldn't let me do any "real" modifications.

:p!ssed:

Offline lichen

• J-Starter
  • Renommée: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: October 10, 2011, 02:40:26 PM »
 :XD: HI, just found this series with the "surprise me" function on mangareader, and boy was I surprised. I love it! It's entertaining and somewhat different from the other things I've been reading. The main character is hilarious :p

Offline S3vEn

• Procrastinating
  • J-Legend
  • Renommée: 68
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: September 10, 2011, 04:44:48 AM »
Well, the prologue is up for anyone interested in reading it.

Volume 1 has a prologue, 6 chapters, an epilogue, and a special edition about "the start of a friendship---Lunan."

For the record, the prologue is really short. I'm not a fast translator, but if I can get a chapter up in a month or so, I'm happy. Faster is better, but school, work and church take up alot of time O_o

If you like what you read, plz leave a comment. Also, I'm interested in an editor if someone has the skills, experience, etc in fantasy works, and preferably college level or above english.

well...what do you think of this bad a$$ king?
It's great you picked up this series ~ it one of my fav. fantasy type novel/manga aside from ID

Thanks for your hard work and hope too see more in the future :D

Offline whsie

• The Geologist
  • J-Addict
  • Renommée: 128
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: September 09, 2011, 04:25:06 PM »

Volume 1 has a prologue, 6 chapters, an epilogue, and a special edition about "the start of a friendship---Lunan."

For the record, the prologue is really short. I'm not a fast translator, but if I can get a chapter up in a month or so, I'm happy. Faster is better, but school, work and church take up alot of time O_o

If you like what you read, plz leave a comment. Also, I'm interested in an editor if someone has the skills, experience, etc in fantasy works, and preferably college level or above english.

i like it.

Offline seaghyn16

• Translator of Rain
  • J-Starter
    • View Profile
    • Bread VS Rice
« Reply #66 on: September 09, 2011, 03:17:20 PM »

Offline dark mage

• J-Hardcore
  • Renommée: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: September 08, 2011, 02:34:00 PM »
Hey, I don't post much, but just wanted to say I picked up these novels and...wow...so I'm starting a translation for them here:

Awesome! Thanks alot and I hope you can keep it up. I always thought this novel/manga are hugely underrated and had requested for translation in bakatsuki but to no avail. So I m really grateful to you for picking up the novel.

Offline seaghyn16

• Translator of Rain
  • J-Starter
    • View Profile
    • Bread VS Rice
« Reply #64 on: September 07, 2011, 05:17:47 PM »
Just to keep the information current I'm busy today and tomorrow, but I'm hoping to get the prologue up by the end of Friday.

Offline RainbowWing

• J-Regular
  • Renommée: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: September 07, 2011, 12:59:21 AM »
Hey, I don't post much, but just wanted to say I picked up these novels and...wow...so I'm starting a translation for them here:

I LIKE U B MY FRIEND  :fangirl: :fangirl:

this is awesome, keep up the good work

Offline MaerisCrisis

• J-Addict
  • Renommée: 18
  • Sleepless writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: September 06, 2011, 06:51:10 PM »
Thanks a lot. I hope you will keep it up.

Offline S3vEn

• Procrastinating
  • J-Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: September 06, 2011, 06:13:09 PM »

+RENNNNNN
Right on bro ~ hopefully more comes :D

Offline seaghyn16

• Translator of Rain
  • J-Starter
    • View Profile
    • Bread VS Rice
« Reply #60 on: September 06, 2011, 02:24:53 PM »

Offline someguy

• J-Starter
  • Renommée: 19
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 12, 2011, 04:14:43 AM »
Any chance for a text version of volume 9?

Offline 6294086

• Winny Club Premium Uploader
  • J-Addict
  • Renommée: 185
  • Read the forum rules before PM-ing me !
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 12, 2011, 12:41:06 AM »
Here is a download link for ch.11-31.

When posting upload don't use unfriendly hosts such as depositfiles, rapidshare, oron, wupload, sendspace, etc that banned IP from certain countries/regions or have ridiculous waiting times.

Use megaupload/mediafire instead; you can also use mirrorcreator or multiupload to upload files to many hosts at once.

Examples of "friendly" hosts :
1. Mediafire
2. Megaupload (use firefox extension)
3. Zshare
etc...   

Replied: August 10, 2011, 06:42:27 AM
Volumes 8&9 of the novel. If I'm not wrong, there was only text version of vol.8 before...

Thanks a lot for vol 8 and 9; it's been a long wait  :yay:

Replied: August 10, 2011, 11:52:54 PM
Could someone upload rain chapter 23-27 (Japanese) to mediafire/megaupload ?

I cannot download from depositfiles...

Thanks a lot in advance !

Offline Spiritovod

• >:3
  • J-Legend
  • Renommée: 1583
    • View Profile
Re: Rain v01-08 + Ex [novel]/manga vol 1-2+
« Reply #57 on: August 12, 2011, 12:39:11 AM »
Volumes 8&9 of the novel. If I'm not wrong, there was only text version of vol.8 before...

Offline T1

• The H Emperor
  • J-Master
  • Renommée: 78
    • View Profile
    • Que Bono?!
« Reply #56 on: May 21, 2011, 03:18:50 AM »
I like this a lot...it's one of those stories that both girls AND guys should read. After all it's supreme in it's idea and character development.

I could mention breakblade but this dude a bit more powerful, lol.

Offline dark mage

• J-Hardcore
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 30, 2011, 04:13:00 AM »
after reading the spoilers, i really hope someone translates the novel... this is more worth it then the mediocre mainstream harem stuff out there...

Yep! I totally agree but its a shame that no group seem even interested in translating the novel. :p!ssed:

Offline deathcoy

• J-Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 30, 2011, 01:18:22 AM »
after reading the spoilers, i really hope someone translates the novel... this is more worth it then the mediocre mainstream harem stuff out there...

Offline dark mage

• J-Hardcore
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 31, 2010, 01:34:46 AM »
I was about to request it on baka-tsuki forums but I got lazy lol

summary = wins :D

I already made a Request for translating Rain in Baka-Tsuki but unfortunately they dont seem interested at all.

Offline S3vEn

• Procrastinating
  • J-Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 31, 2010, 01:01:48 AM »
Yeah! I also have the same request.

I wish the novel was translated into English by some translating group like Baka-Tsuki.

I was about to request it on baka-tsuki forums but I got lazy lol

summary = wins :D

Offline dark mage

• J-Hardcore
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 30, 2010, 06:37:24 AM »
anyone who read novels summary please! :sigh: i want to be spoiled  :hahaha:

Yeah! I also have the same request.

I wish the novel was translated into English by some translating group like Baka-Tsuki.

Offline alsana

• J-Recruit
  • Renommée: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 30, 2010, 06:31:24 AM »
anyone who read novels summary please! :sigh: i want to be spoiled  :hahaha:

Offline dark mage

• J-Hardcore
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 15, 2010, 03:52:25 AM »
Hmmm... Fantasy action romantic comedy novel(put on to check list XD). There's too many of those kind of novel to read ><. Is this one any good? How good is it compared to... let's say... IS(Infinite Stratos)?

Edit : Anyone have the image scan version of the novel(like the vol 7 scan)? Since I like that version more than txt version XD.

Trust me! Its quite different from the others' and its really good. Especially Rain himself is hilarious and awesome, also the story and girls are cool too....only wish this novel was being translated or the manga was scanlated a little more frequently

Offline Andrew85

• J-Hero
  • Renommée: 69
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 07, 2010, 05:41:49 AM »
 First of all, thank you people, for sharing light novel and manga. Unfortunately I have some issues with txt files' code and can only see nonsense in place of hieroglyphs. So I would greatly appreciate if someone share vol 01-06 & 08 of light novel in another form (best of all if it will be pictures, like vol 07). Thanks in advance.

Offline kuroi_shinigami

• J-Addict
  • Renommée: 25
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 03, 2010, 08:01:23 PM »
Hmmm... Fantasy action romantic comedy novel(put on to check list XD). There's too many of those kind of novel to read ><. Is this one any good? How good is it compared to... let's say... IS(Infinite Stratos)?

Edit : Anyone have the image scan version of the novel(like the vol 7 scan)? Since I like that version more than txt version XD.

Offline abyssbreak

• J-Member
  • Renommée: 14
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 03, 2010, 03:15:33 PM »
Anyone have an update on the manga or novels?

Offline S3vEn

• Procrastinating
  • J-Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: September 26, 2010, 11:56:47 AM »
Shelfa is the princess.
No clue how they romanised it in scanlation but I do it this way

Thanks that is fairly interesting, I wish the manga will keep going and follow the novel <3

Offline ZeroUrashima

• J-Hero
  • Renommée: 135
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 26, 2010, 10:50:25 AM »
That's you I guess.
I would rather have a passing mark for everyone than failing despite doing lots of hard work. Especially in settings in which the guy saves the world, he worked so hard to save the world, he deserves some rewards <_<
As long as the heroines are fine with that situation, I have nothing against it.
My order of preference is pretty much:
1) Favorite Character Ending
2) Harem Ending
3) Open Ending
4) Ending with Main Heroine that isn't my favorite character
999) Ending with Sub Heroine that isn't my favorite character (like RinxShigure from Shuffle Anime, I WTF at it for months or Kampfer's ending, the novel's author said she was supposed to be the main heroine but wasn't really treated like one and the guy liking her was so out of nowhere, no hint throughout the whole serie and suddenly says he likes her...) =_=

Anyway, not really expecting you to agree with me

Offline dark mage

• J-Hardcore
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 26, 2010, 10:01:36 AM »
Nah...In most novels/mangas, I end up picking the losing girl but I still dont want harem endings. That's because it kinda feels meaningless. If my girl isnt chosen, I would rather she moves on than left hanging and a harem end doesnt do proper justice to all the development. Its like you are working for your exam really hard and then the examiner says everyone receives equal marks and no one stands out. It will feel like all the hard work was for nothing. Kinda like Communism and capitalism. Communism kinda sucks.

Oh I too Like Henrietta more than Luoise, infact Henrietta is my favourite girl in Zero no Tsukaima. I have liked her the moment she was introduced and lost her old lover. However, I would still prefer it she has a conclusive end to her feelings than see her still be after him, If he chose Henrietta, then I all be jumping up and down with joy but if he doesnt then I would want him to clearly choose Louise so my favourite can settle her feelings once and for all. I would not like the final pair but it gives a nice conlusion to the story. Its the same for me in Chrome Shelled Regios, my favourite girl is Nina but Layfon will probably choose Leerin.

I hate open-ended conclusions like the To-love-Ru manga or shuffle. I prefer something like Sword Art Online.