Funds $5 | Needed $120
Like the community? Enjoy reading manga?
Then click on the small donation banner! Thx!

5%

Author Topic: Gamaran - General Discussion  (Read 7578 times)

Offline mono

• nobody
  • MU-Team
  • J-Legend
  • Renommée: 113
  • nothing
    • View Profile
    • Manga Underground
Re: Gamaran - General Discussion
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2010, 11:49:44 PM »
yeah, there's no fake morals in this series, if you are an enemy, you will be killed, end of story!
likewise there is no guys trying to kill the main, then after their defeat, join them or vow to vollow them til they can defeat them

id agree with you on that too, the artist is doing a good job.
a lot of mangaka seem to photoshop photos for backgrounds  too, or use computer generated ones like in Gantz (who apprantly uses cg for his characters too and draws faces etc on by hand)

Offline silverado

• Administrator
  • J-Titan
  • Renommée: 397
    • View Profile
    • Manga Underground
Re: Gamaran - General Discussion
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2010, 11:15:37 PM »
Yeah, one thing that really stands out in this manga is the number of killed enemies. Unlike other shonen manga the enemy is pretty much killed off by Gamaran. Btw, is it just me or does Gamaran look like a fusion of Naruto (Edo period) and Bleach (Samurai fights)? Btw, did you notice that the gamaran author still draw backgrounds? Unlike Kishimoto or Kube Tite who quit drawing backgrounds, it is refreshing to see a manga with decent drawings lol. The current series WSJ series like HXH, Naruto, Bleach and OP look so liveless without proper background drawings.

Offline mono

• nobody
  • MU-Team
  • J-Legend
  • Renommée: 113
  • nothing
    • View Profile
    • Manga Underground
Gamaran - General Discussion
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2010, 10:22:43 PM »
thought i'd make a starter thread for this area as i requested it's creation....

the pacing, the ever growing cast of characters and groups, the almost non-stop action, the training, Gama's development, and the little edge of mystery (ie about his dad and the other guys from his school), are all great.
also i like how they dont go on long preachy speeches during fights, and how its ok for characters to die.

Therefore I propose that Gamaran is the best new shounen title for a long time. Discuss.