Funds $0 | Needed $120
Like the community? Enjoy reading manga?
Then click on the small donation banner! Thx!

0%

Author Topic: Why did Miu's father kill his wife?  (Read 8265 times)

Offline DanielTuvi

• J-Starter
  • Renommée: 0
    • View Profile
Why did Mius father kill his wife
« Reply #24 on: October 22, 2017, 12:27:33 PM »
another thing i thought about when Im not thinking of what to do to the 827 next, is why did brad sell all his 800s?

Offline ZeroP

• J-Starter
    • View Profile
Re: Why did Miu's father kill his wife?
« Reply #23 on: October 08, 2012, 09:14:34 PM »
I'm not sure, there are some good ideas in this thread. I think it may be similar to Gamaran in that the martial arts became all that mattered and he became power hungry. Similarly friendships and relationships didn't seem to matter if they didn't have the same view, and those not sharing that same world view were killed. It would be an interesting twist if Miu's mother wasn't all "peaches and cream", something along the lines of him having to stop the mother, but falling himself in the process (doubt it x) ). We'll see.

Offline Alhazad2003

• J-Regular
  • Renommée: 19
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 19, 2012, 05:40:25 PM »
Agree with Gildartz28. From the explanation that comes from the elder when they visit Miu's mother village, it seems to me that Saiga was not involved in her wife death, but he neglected her, and therefore, she died.

Also, from later chapters, I find Saiga to be quite the strange fellow for a Satsujinken... As shown from previous masters, they are supposed to always aim for the killing without holding back.

Well you must remember, Hayato arrived after the fact.  Had he come sooner he would've tried to stop Saiga, but he didn't know until Shizuha sent him a letter, and by then it was too late, for all of them.

This is true, but perhaps Saiga didn't want Kenichi and especially Miu to know he's the One Shadow, the Lord of all Satsujinken.  Yet even what he demonstrated amazed Kenichi to no end.  He let go of his jacket, pummeled three or four masters into submission and returned before the jacket hit the floor.  Definitely the work of a Fuurinji.  I'm awaiting for Miu's reaction when she does learn her father is the One Shadow, it'll be one of the most dramatic and emotional scenes in the whole story.  Until then..

Offline Exether

• J-Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 09, 2012, 07:49:43 AM »
It is just hinted that mui's dad killed her mom, there is no confirmation yet. but if there is so then probably since the two faction of her clan is fighting each other so to stop them he has to kill his wife!

Agree with Gildartz28. From the explanation that comes from the elder when they visit Miu's mother village, it seems to me that Saiga was not involved in her wife death, but he neglected her, and therefore, she died.

Also, from later chapters, I find Saiga to be quite the strange fellow for a Satsujinken... As shown from previous masters, they are supposed to always aim for the killing without holding back.

Offline Gildartz28

• J-Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 20, 2012, 05:18:58 AM »
I wonder why. Poor miu is soooooooo alone!

It is just hinted that mui's dad killed her mom, there is no confirmation yet. but if there is so then probably since the two faction of her clan is fighting each other so to stop them he has to kill his wife!

Offline hendog

• J-Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 12, 2012, 04:46:05 AM »
Hmm I don't think Saiga will be fighting any of the masters there, but will just talk to Kenichi and the run off before Sakaki gets there

Offline Alhazad2003

• J-Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 04, 2012, 07:26:33 PM »
Well the old man is just basically nuts, enjoy murder and fighting just like demon fist. He is just excited with rage and I hope we will be seeing more about him in further chapters.

Somehow I doubt is Saiga is as insane as you might believe, definitely not like Jenazad, who simply kills for its own sake, even his own disciples when they don't measure up to his standards.  Saiga simply believes satsujinken is the true path of martial arts, and believes it with all his heart, according to Kajima at least, his lone disciple.  Though I don't doubt we'll be seeing him very soon, perhaps to land the final blow on Jenazad when the dust seems to have settled.  Can't wait to find out myself.  Until then...

Offline paladinartix

• J-Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 06, 2012, 03:00:38 AM »
Well the old man is just basically nuts, enjoy murder and fighting just like demon fist. He is just excited with rage and I hope we will be seeing more about him in further chapters.

Offline byakushiki

• J-Robo Police
  • Global Moderator
  • God of Earth
  • Renommée: 76
  • Byakushiki is my variation on Hyakushiki.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 18, 2011, 01:36:36 AM »
Miu following her mother's path or her father's path?
The Elder has been trying to protect Miu from falling into darkness.

Offline Alhazad2003

• J-Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 17, 2011, 04:27:37 PM »
 Somehow I doubt that, Shizuha probably saw what was happening to Saiga and tried to stop him before he did something unforgivable.  And, as we saw, she inevitably paid with her life, so it seems her efforts to save her husband ended in failure.  And now, her daughter may end up following the same dark path, and I shudder to think of the consequences of such actions, but I can't wait to find out.

Offline Xarkhon

• J-Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 25, 2011, 10:02:18 PM »
I think as Miu's mother somehow might have been dangerous to him or Miu, that' why he killed her. I think there is a bigger plot in that.

Offline dRAEMtYGER

• J-Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 06, 2011, 11:04:16 AM »
I think the Kuremi Sago that Ryuto mentioned in chapter 242 tie into this somehow.  Maybe Miu's mother ran away with Miu so she wouldn't be raise the same way Kanou Shou was.  Could have been attempting to meet up with the Elder (or maybe Miu's grandmother) when Miu's father catches up and is able to kill the traitor (Miu's mother) but not take Miu back.  Who would really want to fight the Elder and try to carry an upset child at the same time?

Offline r1iroh

• J-Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 28, 2011, 04:47:57 AM »
Something like kill the light/love in his heart.

Offline Zenkichi

• J-Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 21, 2011, 02:01:19 AM »
Maybe it had something to do with the cliche cut your ties with your loved ones to become truly powerful. Hopefully it will be something more complex but you never know.

Offline justapimp

• J-Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2011, 03:35:33 AM »
ok just taking a stab in the dark on this one but it stands to say that the reason he killed her was due to
1. the fact that she was a fist of the light and he was fist of the dark he must have tried to turn her to the fist of the dark/hois
2 miu is a dao fighter and the fact that she was there at the time of death made her go out of control
3 the reason that the elder has miu living with him is that her mother had to tell her father in law to save miu hence the reason he is traveling around with her and to give her a chance to heal her wounded heart.

this is just my thoughts on the subject :huzzah: :huzzah:

Offline rakac

• J-Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2010, 09:15:43 AM »
Miu's mom like's cats he doesnt and couldnt take it any more :hahaha:

Offline hmmmokaythen

• J-Regular
  • Renommée: 3
  • Algebraic Geometry, it's as crazy as it sounds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2010, 08:28:55 AM »
Perhaps the mother was killed in order to instill rage in Miu which would lead to her choosing Satsujinken eventualy.

Offline xapa

• J-Hardcore
  • Renommée: 7
  • Somewhere in the universe...
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2010, 11:37:32 AM »
As stated by silverado, Miu was present when he killed her mother, so if he wanted her to become a Satsujinken, he would've take her right there, so, i can see two reasons as to why he didn't took her:

1 - Someone(Elder?) got in the way before he could get her, and he ended giving up on making her a Satsujinken;

From the way Kajima quoted Saiga on that "heart" thing, makes me think that Saiga believes that one disciple can't be simply made a Satsujinken, the disciple has to choose it, and to support this theory, we've seen that the two disciples that struggled the most inside Yami were the ones that never had the chance to really choose what they wanted, Shou and Chikage, which leads to the second option:

2 - Saiga left Miu on the snow believing that if she were to become a Satsujinken she would eventually make this choice, and if not, she would just be crushed alongside others Katsujinken;

I think this are the possible reasons, my personal pick is number 2, but who knows?

Offline silverado

• Administrator
  • J-Titan
  • Renommée: 399
    • View Profile
    • Manga Underground
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2010, 09:33:22 AM »
bummer. her mother was hot!

Now, click here! http://piratepad.net/0KajvzLMY6

Offline Henchy432

• The Henchiess there is.
  • J-Overlord
  • Renommée: 89
  • is walking sin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2010, 09:23:16 AM »
Then why killing mom? Why leaving the child to elder? He could have kidnapped and raised her in some secluded area.

Most likely anyone who betrays him must die.

Offline silverado

• Administrator
  • J-Titan
    • View Profile
    • Manga Underground
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2010, 09:06:20 AM »
Then why killing mom? Why leaving the child to elder? He could have kidnapped and raised her in some secluded area.

Offline Henchy432

• The Henchiess there is.
  • J-Overlord
  • Renommée: 89
  • is walking sin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2010, 09:03:35 AM »

I think Miu's mother was going to take her away and Daddy did not like that. He might see Miu as the only one who should take over as the One Fist.

Offline Garoden

• J-Starter
  • Renommée: 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2010, 06:52:08 AM »
My guess would be they had different views on how to raise her. There are hints that Miu's father is "One Shadow" who belongs to Satsujin-ken fraction. So my guess would be, Miu's mother belonged to the katsujin-ken fraction and opposed the possibility that her daughter would become a martial artist who takes the lives of her opponents.

But I believe the author will address that matter when Kenichi faces of against "One Shadow"s disciple.

Offline silverado

• Administrator
  • J-Titan
    • View Profile
    • Manga Underground
Why did Miu's father kill his wife?
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2010, 05:42:08 AM »