Funds $17 | Needed $120
Like the community? Enjoy reading manga?
Then click on the small donation banner! Thx!

16%

Author Topic: Seikai no Monshou v1-3, Seikai no Senki v1-4+, Seikai no Danshou v1-2+ [novels]  (Read 34981 times)

Offline Ushwood

• J-Starter
  • Renommée: 0
    • View Profile
Could anybody upload SnS volume 6?

Offline kokedrunk

• J-Starter
    • View Profile
Here you go:
Sorry, please read the forum rules to see why you can't view spoilers and why you can't post in this forum section. Thank you!

I'll upload mirrors in a bit as well

Edit: Added mirrorcreator link

Hi!!!
The link is dead, could you plz reupload it?
Thanks a lot! :D

Offline Hyndsyte

• J-Starter
    • View Profile
link to vol 2 of Seikai no Monshou is dead.

Offline plasmodo

• J-Starter
    • View Profile
Seikai no Danshou III
has been published (2014/3/20)

Offline plasmodo

• J-Starter
    • View Profile
Uhm, a summary has been around for...about 10 months already at fan sites.

Offline azziz

• J-Regular
  • Renommée: 5
    • View Profile
and make a summary while we're at it  :huh:

Offline plasmodo

• J-Starter
    • View Profile
It's not like it's easy to get hold of any of this outside japan. And it's not like everyone wants to take their favorite copy apart for scanning. You are looking at a collection of what's available in twenty years, here.

Anyway, since the 5th senki novel came out there have been three other new Danshou publications. So it's not like there's nothing going on the japanese side either. It's just things don't make it to us easily. Not to mention the over hundreds of other official, unofficial, artbooks and fan book publications for this series. There's at least a book every month....and you call that frustrating?

Despite everything it's my top favorite series after all these years. So I'm keep hunting.

Offline nosaer

• J-Member
  • Renommée: 2
    • View Profile
I was excited when I saw this thread so close to the top. This is one of my most anticipated series...unfortunately it looks like there's no new updates regarding it  :aty:

I don't mind the art, but maybe that's because I've really grown to know and like the series. Maybe to someone new to the series it could be old.

Offline kiritoxasuna

• Novel Fanatic!
  • J-Addict
  • Renommée: 13
  • must read a volume of light novel a day
    • View Profile
the art's ancient or it may be me

it doesn't matter if the art is old what matter is the story. but i really agree with you gohanish! :XD:

Offline Gohanish

• J-Addict
  • Renommée: 3
  • I may not be the best but i am not the worst eithe
    • View Profile
the art's ancient or it may be me

Offline plasmodo

• J-Starter
    • View Profile
Monshou web manga alternative backups:
ch01: #1
ch02: #1 #2
ch03: #1
ch04: #1 #2

Offline bizmar

• J-Starter
    • View Profile
muy buen post

Offline plasmodo

• J-Starter
    • View Profile
The new web manga of Seikai no Monshou can be found here:
http://comic-meteor.jp/seikaino/
http://flex-comix.jp/titles/seikaino/

Unfortunately, the chapters are only available for a certain time. I have missed part of it.
As it turns out a free magazine was released last year but the news was hidden. Anyway, volume 1 will be on sale on May 11, 2013. http://www.amazon.co.jp/gp/product/4593857325/
Also I heard the japanese SF magazine 2013 No.5 has a feature story and a chronology. People say it's as good as sold out in shops.
http://www.amazon.co.jp/S-Fマガジン-2013年-05月号-雑誌/dp/B00BSDQ23C/

Offline ecael

• Forum Donator
  • J-Member
  • Renommée: 1
    • View Profile
Pretty sure he was hospitalized in 11 around the earthquake, not all that old either. Meh, on author's words for 5 he was like he'll try to pump out part 2. I sure hope he can.

The birth chapter was animated a long time ago, idk what they plan to do w/ franchise though.

Offline plasmodo

• J-Starter
    • View Profile
I got it from someone:
Quote (selected)
On the O'Toole column at ANN this week, mention was made about a Crest/Banner of the Stars followup OVA named Fragments of the Stars.

I only found something here http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/the-mike-toole-show/2012-09-09
Perhaps it's the "Birth" chapter.

The author is old and got recently hospitalized. Let's hope we get to see the end before he disappears.

Offline ecael

• Forum Donator
  • J-Member
    • View Profile
The Chinese have it but unfortunately their forums are surrounded by their login and forum coin walls, plus they are really anal about reposting in other areas. Even more unfortunate is the fact that the publisher fucked up forecasting hard and no like no one has any physical copies to sell orz

I didn't hear shit about them animating the short stories, but if they animate only banner 4 and 5 w/o the author gearing his ass up and actually writing part 2 there would be a riot.

Offline plasmodo

• J-Starter
    • View Profile
To clear things up:

The Seikai no Monshou I - III novels are the intro novels and have been animated in the Crest of the Stars.
The Seikai no Senki I - V novels are the first arc novels of the war and have been animated according to their number in the Banner of the Stars I - III.
The short stories are still ongoing and have been partially collected into the Danshou I - II short story novels.

The Danshou stories will be animated and released next year (?). Depending on its success Banner of the Stars IV & V may get animated, too.

Now, if anyone could get us the Senki V novel it wouldn't be a problem to get them translated.

Edit:
Tokyopop's Crest of the Stars novels are abridged (cut) english versions. After all the ~250 japanese pages per novel are worth at least 400+ english pages. The Seikai Trilogy mangas are abridged versions of the anime of an abridge version of the novels and cover
Seikai Trilogy Volume 1: Crest of the Stars (Seikai no Monshou)
Seikai Trilogy Volume 2: Banner of the Stars (Seikai no Senki)
Seikai Trilogy Volume 3: Banner of the Stars II (Seikai no Senki II)
There's a new ongoing web manga remake of Crest of the Stars. It's more closely to the original novel and features arts by Kouichirou Yonemura.

Offline azziz

• J-Regular
  • Renommée: 5
    • View Profile
Banner of the Stars V is up. Someone with a faster connection should upload it.

yes,please someone do so.

Offline Elemhutner

• J-Recruit
  • Renommée: 15
    • View Profile
Banner of the Stars V is up. Someone with a faster connection should upload it.

Offline ecael

• Forum Donator
  • J-Member
    • View Profile
Umm, Monshou books are done in the 1cour anime in Crest of the Stars, Banner vol 1 is done in Banner of the Stars I, vol 2 done in II, vol 3 is an hour long (50min rather) OVA. Vol 4 is unworked on. Short stories also have no signs of being adapted. I can't say anything about the manga because I couldn't bring myself to read it because the art.

Anyone got scans yet? I was waiting before I buy my copy, then amazon ran out of their stock.

Offline tonyorobsky

• Expert of the 9 ancestral arts
  • J-Addict
  • Renommée: 41
    • View Profile
I want to make sure i understand, cause I'm a little confused:
The story in the 3 volumes from "Seikai no Monshou" is the same as what's on the 2 first animes seasons and the 3 manga volumes right??
And the story in the 4 volumes of "Seikai no Senki" is what is after (starting with the prison planet from the third season of the anime), right??
Theses 4 volumes are the ones BakaTsuki is working on (with only v04 OK) right??

Offline ecael

• Forum Donator
  • J-Member
    • View Profile
Damn nice :D The funny thing about it is that the had plans to show the life of the main chars as they got older....taking 8 years to get the next volume out just proves that it won't happen. So I hope that he will finish it in a good manner so we can say that we got a complete story. :D
This will just be part 1 from what the publisher's abstract says. We are better hoping that Morioka has a son that's like the second coming of Christopher Tolkien. That and he left notes.

Offline eriolclow

• J-Hero
  • Renommée: 108
    • View Profile
There is a new manga serialised (new version from beginning) Chapters 1+3-5 :
Sorry, please read the forum rules to see why you can't view spoilers and why you can't post in this forum section. Thank you!

Offline T1

• The H Emperor
  • J-Master
  • Renommée: 78
    • View Profile
    • Que Bono?!
A new Banner of the Stars (Seikai no Senki) novel volume (5) is scheduled for release in late March.
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2013-01-21/1st-banner-of-the-stars-novel-volume-in-8-years-slated

Damn nice :D The funny thing about it is that the had plans to show the life of the main chars as they got older....taking 8 years to get the next volume out just proves that it won't happen. So I hope that he will finish it in a good manner so we can say that we got a complete story. :D

Offline ecael

• Forum Donator
  • J-Member
    • View Profile
A new Banner of the Stars (Seikai no Senki) novel volume (5) is scheduled for release in late March.
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2013-01-21/1st-banner-of-the-stars-novel-volume-in-8-years-slated

Amazon finally has a page for it, now to figure out how to get it.

Offline DrunkDragon

• Forum Donator
  • J-Master
  • Renommée: 86
    • View Profile
:james: say what!?  Ohhh this is awesome. Now if only I could read the whole series in English I would be happy.

+ren for the heads up!

Offline ratte_ru

• J-Recruit
  • Renommée: 16
    • View Profile

Offline sbep

• J-Starter
    • View Profile
thank you! didnt even realize this existed. bought a few of these a couple years back only to realize they were manga not novels... not to say i dont like manga but would have preferred actual novels.  :megane: :P

Offline DrunkDragon

• Forum Donator
  • J-Master
  • Renommée: 86
    • View Profile
Here you go:

I'll upload mirrors in a bit as well

Edit: Added mirrorcreator link

Offline Lastear

• J-Starter
    • View Profile
sekai no monshou volume 2 link broken  :huh: