Funds $10 | Needed $120
Like the community? Enjoy reading manga?
Then click on the small donation banner! Thx!

11%

Author Topic: MUST READ ! LIST OF GOOD FILE HOSTS !!  (Read 73504 times)

Offline Kazuyama

• Burning...Love!
  • Winny Club Premium Uploader
  • J-Hardcore
  • Renommée: 675
    • View Profile
Re: MUST READ ! LIST OF GOOD FILE HOSTS !!
« Reply #443 on: January 17, 2014, 01:43:12 AM »

Offline Andrew85

• J-Hero
  • Renommée: 69
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: December 12, 2013, 09:59:02 AM »
 Still using http://www.mirrorcreator.com/ and I think there is a need for some updates.
 I was looking for cyberlockers without mandatory registration to upload/download files, thus ziddu.com (which require free account for uploading now) is no longer qualifed for anonymous uploads. And, as usual, cyberlockers' most attractive point for me is longer hosting period. So:
Sorry, please read the forum rules to see why you can't view spoilers and why you can't post in this forum section. Thank you!

Offline AKAAkira

• J-Starter
  • Renommée: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: July 27, 2013, 11:39:34 PM »
I'm surprised this site isn't listed here (heck, it even has the same quote as the Winny Club):
Sorry, please read the forum rules to see why you can't view spoilers and why you can't post in this forum section. Thank you!
It recently increased the delay between downloads from ~2 min to a full-blown ~45 minutes, but it seems to be reliable enough. (Then again, I haven't actually uploaded anything myself, so this is more a "Is this site any good" thing than a recommendation.)

Offline WarriorKalia

• J-Starter
  • Renommée: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: May 13, 2013, 07:41:11 PM »
I'm going to second [third?] 1fichier.com
I've downloaded files from there for a year or so now and if I recall correctly, they have pretty good speeds. If you feel like making a free account to upload to, they extend the file retention period to 90 days.

Considering what we're doing here, it could be a lot better, but it does have some perks. I'll let you know if I come across anywhere else with good retention times.

Offline Andrew85

• J-Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: April 16, 2013, 01:26:45 PM »
 I'm using mirrorcreator.com for now and I compiled short list of filehosters which I likely to use for my uploads (main criteria - long hosting period and stability):
- Ziddu.com (60 days after last download);
- Megashares.com (90 days);
- 1Fichier.com (60 days);
- Solidfiles.com (infinity, at least on paper);
- Cloudzer.net (180 days).
- Ge.tt (30 days, but it seem to be popular).

For those who prefer to use separate filehosters. I can recommend Upload.ee and Nowdownload.eu (I already mentioned them in this topic). First one has 50 days for anonymous files and 120 days for registered user's. Another one has 90 days of hosting period without need to register (unless you want to use their reward's program). It suffice to say that link on nowdownload.eu to one of the raws (Shook Up volume) that I posted almost a year ago is still online.

Offline sh1v4

• J-Recruit
  • Renommée: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: January 20, 2013, 10:53:31 PM »
MEGA IS UP AGAIN

https://mega.co.nz/#start  :XD: :XD: :XD: :XD:

hope this will bring us some new hope for Jcafe24 and it's raw manga  :hahaha: :yay:

Offline sh1v4

• J-Recruit
  • Renommée: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: January 12, 2013, 04:02:43 PM »
Anyone tried Ryushare?
Seems like a good alternative to mediafire (especially since MF is "strict" these days)

yep, +1 for ryushare
especially for no captcha
using Jdownloader to exploit it's free mode
and it support resume for 1 file that you have download and cut off....

the minus is, we need to wait 30-40 minute before we start another DL, but because it's free, then i suppose it's not a problem

Offline Spaceborne

• Cosmic Spacedust
  • J-Starter
  • Wait, that look can't be good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: November 08, 2012, 01:51:10 AM »
Anyone tried Ryushare?
Seems like a good alternative to mediafire (especially since MF is "strict" these days)

Offline Folt

• The Moon
  • J-Overlord
  • Renommée: 30
  • I think this picture's pretty rad!
    • View Profile
« Reply #435 on: October 26, 2012, 01:55:54 AM »
Ooh, I'll make a mental note of that. Thanks.

Offline Andrew85

• J-Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: October 26, 2012, 01:32:53 AM »
 You can use both (and some others) through mirrorcreator.com

Offline Folt

• The Moon
  • J-Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: October 26, 2012, 01:29:09 AM »
I see. I used zippyshare for my first uploads, but Ziddu sounds pretty nice, so I'll keep it in mind when I next upload something.

Offline Andrew85

• J-Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: October 26, 2012, 01:18:09 AM »
So... I take it that zippyshare is one of the better hosts to upload files to?
Upper part of the list (i.e. excluding ultrashare and cramit) doesn't structured as "from best to worst". It's just throwed together. And it need to be updated.

For example, Badongo.com is closed, BrutalUpload.com is down for almost three months already and unlikely will be back; Ifile.it is Filecloud.io now and claims that files doesn't expire due to inactivity anymore (which has to be tested as I have certain doubts about that). For the others it's hard to tell, cause situation constantly changing, and cause I, for example, don't always understand criteria which was applied to choose one cyberlocker other other. I, personally, place long hosting periods above all (stable uptime implyed, so newest sites is a risk).

If you want recommendation, try Ziddu.com. Good speed, 60 days of hosting period, simultaneous downloads,captcha is simpler than most of the others. Also, you can upload files anonymously and use mass upload services, like mirrorcreator. Minuses: 200 Mb filesize cap and "must be" AD pop-ups (so AD block should be disabled for that site). Another option is narod.yandex.ru. Good speed, simple captcha (just digits), high filesize cap (up to 5 Gb files), option to renew hosting period (aside from someone downloading file) for every file infinite number of times with a couple of clicks (although for every file separately). Minus: well, it's in russian and require registration.

Offline Folt

• The Moon
  • J-Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: October 25, 2012, 06:01:31 AM »
So... I take it that zippyshare is one of the better hosts to upload files to? I want to upload a couple of the OSTs that I've found over the years, so I'm speculating on whether to use it as my main uploader.

I'd also like to hear opinions on other filesharing sites so I can provide multiple links if necessary.

Offline LX2010

• J-Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: September 26, 2012, 06:48:50 PM »
@Renegade334
Here the premium link generators that I use. Granted, they don't work with every filehost so I'm not sure if they suit your requirements. Anyways, hope it helps  :yay:

Offline Renegade334

• ** RETIRING **
  • Silver Dragon
  • Renommée: 6190
  • Do NOT ask me how to see DL links. READ THE RULES!
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: August 29, 2012, 07:36:29 PM »
Another filehost: http://cyberlocker.ch
As the .ch domain indicates, it's based in Switzerland (Zurich, more specifically). Dunno whether it's good or bad.

Download speeds were good (~400kb/s for a 180mb file) and uploading seemed a-okay. It appears it also allows parallel downloads for free users, which is a nice perk.

As the user type chart indicates, free users can enjoy
- download accelerator support
- DL resume capability
- No captcha
- No download delays
- 30 days of reprieve (files get deleted after 30 days of inactivity)

Free registered users have
- the reprieve length increased to 60 days
- a 100Gb file vault

P.S. Still open to suggestions for my question at the end of the above post... (ó_ò)

Offline Renegade334

• ** RETIRING **
  • Silver Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: August 25, 2012, 08:35:15 PM »
For those who don't already know it, Badongo left the cyberlocker business. Their website is now off the airwaves.

There is one filehost I recently came across that's called http://www.uload.to (not ul.to AKA uploaded.to). Download speeds were very good, with no timeout between downloads AND the presence of a search engine just like on 4Shared. The search engine can be bypassed if you decide to make your files private, though...
...but I'm kind of put off by two things:
  • You need to register (a no-go for me) in order to upload - you have both free and premium options.
  • Their FAQ/frontpage doesn't even show a comparison of the free/premium privileges, so I have no idea how long files will last, whether there's a download counter limit, a filesize limit, etc, etc.

Still, it's a name to keep in mind.

Offline Güney

• J-Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: August 06, 2012, 12:33:50 PM »
What if we were to host the files ourselves in a private and controlled manner? I'm willing to provide the hosting space for free and I also know of some scripts (systems) with the possibility of adding multiple users.
That way we could either:
- Let someone add users with access to the storage as we go.
- Use one general password (like 'jcafe24' for example) for access to the entire directory

That way files wouldn't get deleted and the risk of getting a DMCA complaint would be next to nothing because everything would be private and hard to trace.

If someone is willing to give this a shot by volunteering as a uploader, please let me know through PM and I'll get it all online ;).

Edit: Oh, on a sidenote. I can also provide premium accounts for Bitupload (raw uploaders only).

Offline 6294086

• J-Addict
  • Renommée: 185
  • Read the forum rules before PM-ing me !
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: June 16, 2012, 01:19:25 PM »
LIST HAS JUST BEEN UPDATED...

rodfile.com is added to the list, I just tried it and the download speed is not bad.

Tried filetechnology.com... after finish uploading a file, I cannot download the file even though I opened
another window and tried to use download link...

files2k.eu AND fileduct.net are removed from the list temporarily...

ultrashare.net (21 days) and cramit.in (15 days) are put at the bottom of the list...

nowdownload.eu => I tries uploading a file but when I tried to download it, I receive error message : 403 - Forbidden

upload.ee WORKS ! I added it to the list.

Offline Andrew85

• J-Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #425 on: June 13, 2012, 07:03:45 AM »
 Imo, several hosters should be removed from the list:

files2k.eu - currently is down;

fileduct.net - had a hardware crush recently, currently is down (well, they say that they open up soon again, on .com domain, but if there is one crush, there can be another);

cramit.in - 15 days of hosting period of files for free users is almost nothing;

ultrashare.net - 21 days of hosting period is not significantly better.

And for that matter gamefront.com isn't good for anonymous (for example, through mirrorcreator) uploads, cause files expires after 7 days. For registered users period is 180 days, so registration is pretty much required.

Many others (like zippyshare.com or file4sharing.com) offer only 30 days after last download, which is not inspiring too.

Also, anyone used Upload.ee or nowdownload.eu? Maybe it can be a good addition to the list.

P.S. Apparently, ifile.it changed their policy not too long ago, so files started to expire faster. New policy is:
For guest files - 3 days.
For registered users and less than 300 Mb files - 8 weeks; for more than 300 Mb files - 2 weeks.

UPD. According to their FAQ, jumbofiles.com no longer differentiate hosting periods for files of different sizes... i would've said but their FAQ is inconsistent and differ from language to language. In their English FAQ there is same mentioned above table, relating filesize to hosting period. In every other language hosting period is constant and equal 90 days, except Russian (where it's 45 days). I don't know if that means differentiation between uploaders by IP-address or simple screw-up of site admins.

Offline 6294086

• J-Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: June 12, 2012, 03:38:19 PM »
List has just been updated

One thing for sure, I myself doesn't see any of these hosts : RapidShare, HotFile, Uploaded.to, MediaFire, Turbobit, 4Shared ,2shared as worthy to be mentioned and they will not be put into the list for sure.

I cannot download anything for rapidgator; so it won't be put into the list also.

I'll put narod.ru into the list, because I've had no problem downloading from it  :hi:

I'll try filetechnology.com later...

Thanks for all the input everyone !  :hi:

Offline Renegade334

• ** RETIRING **
  • Silver Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: June 04, 2012, 04:34:09 PM »
More and more filehosts are requiring registration nowadays (either to download or to upload - if not both), which makes me rage (attaching an uploader ID to your uploads means the filehost can delete them with greater ease, rather than carefully sifting through a mountain of uploader IPs - that is, if they keep such a thing in their databases) - the latest in date is 2shared, which was (anyway) starting to go down in terms of quality of service, as more users were flocking to it...and server loads were, as a direct consequence, steadily increasing (resulting in lower DL speeds and waiting times). It's been removed from MirrorCreator's mirror list since then. Thankfully, it's been replaced by RapidGator, which at the beginning I saw as quite disagreeable...but has become significantly more amenable since then.

Other services that have opted to tread the mandatory registration path now include:
  • RapidShare
  • HotFile
  • Uploaded.to
  • MediaFire
  • Turbobit
  • 4Shared
  • 2shared

Some Japanese filesharers are now getting quite interested in the aforementioned FileTechnology.com, which gives me high grounds to rejoice since it has high DL speeds and acceptable inter-download waiting times.

However, I've met at least one FT upload that bore the notice "max downloads reached". That's not a good sign at all... T_T

Offline PROzess

• Pissed Off Translator
  • J-Legend
  • Renommée: 280
  • Minicon
    • View Profile
    • Unlimited Novel Failures
« Reply #422 on: May 29, 2012, 01:35:53 AM »
Spirit wanted a feedback, so here I go :)

He's using Narod.ru and I simply love it.
Easy captures (numbers not letters. I always get the letters wrong and it annoys me-.-)
I havent encountered any "no available slot" situations yet, nor did I have any problems with the speed.
There's also no waiting time.
Thus it meets all requirements for a good upload site!!
I totally approve~
 :XD:

Offline Spiritovod

• >:3
  • J-Legend
  • Renommée: 1582
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: May 28, 2012, 11:57:51 PM »
Another filehost - with some good points, others not so.
http://www.filetechnology.com

Reminds me Dropbox, but with more limitations.

P.S. Huh, narod.yandex is not even in the list >.> Well, I've picked it up just because of the great uploading speed (for me, since it's based on your location) and prolongation functionality.

Offline Renegade334

• ** RETIRING **
  • Silver Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #420 on: May 26, 2012, 07:35:11 PM »
Another filehost - with some good points, others not so.

http://www.filetechnology.com

Download speed: 800-900kb/s (excellent, very fast)
Ability to remote upload (2 URLs) - also available to registered users. (*not tested*)
Upload size: 100mb, 2 files max (in multi-file upload). Filesize limit upgraded to 1Gb for registered users. (*not tested*)
Download filesize: 200mb max for each file, increased to 500mb for registered users.
Lifetime reprieve: 5 days after last download, increased to 60 days for files uploaded by registered users.
Captchas: yes.
Delay between downloads: 90 seconds for free users; 60 seconds for registered users.
Captcha countdown: 60 seconds for free users; 30 seconds for registered users.
Storage space: 0Gb for free users, 50Gb for registered users (however, their ToS indicates that if you're using too much bandwidth - the filehost reserves for itself the right to remove those over-popular files, especially if they cause traffic problems).

This seems very good, but the service actually only gets interesting after registering, which is sort of a bad thing for me. Attaching an uploader ID to all your files simply means the filehost will have less trouble rounding up and deleting your stuff in case you get red-flagged...which is what happened with me on MediaFire.

Also, when the 60-second captcha countdown reaches 0 and you need to input the four-digit code, do it ASAP and don't dillydally - if you wait for too long, the webpage will restart the 60-sec captcha countdown.

Offline Renegade334

• ** RETIRING **
  • Silver Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: May 23, 2012, 12:42:49 AM »
I just tried to download a file from zshare.ma and I've got to say it's nowhere near what the filehost used to offer when it still was zshare.net. From 300kb/s, they settled down to ~40kb/s. I don't know if they've relocated their servers, but I've taken it off my list of potential "good" filehosts. I didn't even bother trying to upload something on it.

Also, many Japanese P2P users are now starting to favor 2shared, which is good as it does offer (most of the time), 300kb/s download speeds, but with its increased popularity it's starting to feel some strain, as, with Uploaded.to, not too long ago, I'm starting to see "user session maxed out" messages (the equivalent of "no download slots available, please wait", I guess).

I used to look at Rapidgator with some distaste but they've come a long way and it's become quite palatable, becoming a slightly watered-down version of filesonic, download speed-wise.

However, one that has me up in arms right now is Filereactor, which some Japanese uploaders appear to like a lot... Average download speeds: 30kb/s. Average amount of time required to download a 100mb tankoubon: 1h at the very least.

°\(>益<)/°

Offline 6294086

• J-Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: May 22, 2012, 02:37:14 PM »
List is updated

Thanks for the info on Sendshare and Brutalupload. +Ren :)

When I upload a file to Sendshare and try to download it, it gives me "different ip" error message.

This means that whoever use dynamic IP (which means most of users on many internet providers) cannot download the file = meaning that this is sendshare is a BAD FILEHOST.

I've seen the exact same error message when I tried to download files from other file hosts outside of the list.

I put back Badongo into the list because it is working well again...at least for now.

I just tried BrutalUpload and I like the way it encripts file names and without any captcha => I put it on the list :) 

Offline Andrew85

• J-Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: May 20, 2012, 07:26:14 AM »
By the way bitupload.com seems to be a pretty good filehost.
There is not much of statistic for it on their site, but according to wiki it hosts files for 30 days (for guest uploads) and 60 days for registered users. So registration suggested (30 days is a too little, especially for non-popular series).

As for sharesend.com It more or less decent but they have 100 Mb as max filesize so it's unfit for many HQ-volumes and batch files.

And about BrutalUpload.com... As I was saying It's very good on almost every part except the two but very important to uploaders.
 What's on the bright side for now:
- good download speed;
- very VERY long hosting period - two years from last download (imho, the most important trait to keep files available);
- after test for uploading and downloading, it connection looks pretty stable;
- no restrictions on bandwidth, traffic, filestorage or filesize;
- no waiting time (neither before nor between downloads);
- no captcha;
- direct access (FAQ says it exist but I didn't try it);
- remote uploading (didn't try also);
- no need to register, no search in their database and upload process encrypted (so files is more or less secure from revealing on that end, I presume).

There are only two drawbacks (I don't consider renaming files as such), but it make this hoster not very convenient for uploaders:
- limited upload speed (something about 50 kilobyte/sec or maybe slightly better);
- you can upload only one file at a time and there is no queue functionality for upload process (or at least I didn't find it) so you have to manually add new file for upload after uploading previous. Well, It can be automatized, I guess, but only through off-site means (additional programs, scripts, etc).

Well, maybe problem with several simultaneously uploading files and uploading speed can be solved through remote uploading from another hosters, but I don't know for sure. Also, maybe it can be done through initiating uploads in several working  at the same time browsers (part of browsers, maybe, will have to work through proxies), but anyway all of it would be external methods. As it is BrutalUpload let you upload only one file at a time and only with limited speed. Well, at least it has stable connection (can be used to upload batch archives and especially big files).

Offline DarkLelouch

• J-Member
  • Renommée: 59
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: May 20, 2012, 01:09:51 AM »
Thanks for all the info guys; the 1st post have been updated...[/color]

I've taken restfile and badongo out of the list because restfile display error message everytime I want to download and you need to login to badongo to download files.

Yes, filekeen is also down, so it's out of the list
:p!ssed:

I'm not sure about 1g8.ru and yandex.narod.ru but I remember something about bayfiles.com and hulkshare.com either not allow free downloads before long waiting time/ have certain free downloads for each day...

I haven't tried BrutalUpload.com, sharesend.com and bitupload.com, I'm also not sure about zshare.ma

You don't need a account at badongo to download, it is quite a stable & good host.

restfile is *&#^#*&@ shit and it was good just one & the half weeks ago...  I wouldn't recommend hulkshare.com it may provide us with direct downloads, but it could get us into trouble in the future, here is the agreement for it.

Also here is a GREAT way to test out new filehosts:

Quote (selected)
site:bitupload.com

Just copy that and paste it into google then hit search and it will give you a list of files that other people have uploaded. You can change the "bitupload.com" with say "badongo.com", you are only allowed to use the main name (bitupload) & the (.com or .net, etc).

Quote (selected)
site:badongo.com

If you are looking to test it on a big file like say mp4, mkv or avi, you can do something like this:

Quote (selected)
site:bitupload.com *.avi

or

Quote (selected)
site:bitupload.com *.mp4

By the way bitupload.com seems to be a pretty good filehost.

Offline 6294086

• J-Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: May 17, 2012, 07:52:41 PM »
Thanks for all the info guys; the 1st post have been updated...[/color]

I've taken restfile and badongo out of the list because restfile display error message everytime I want to download and you need to login to badongo to download files.

Yes, filekeen is also down, so it's out of the list

I'm not sure about 1g8.ru and yandex.narod.ru but I remember something about bayfiles.com and hulkshare.com either not allow free downloads before long waiting time/ have certain free downloads for each day...

I haven't tried BrutalUpload.com, sharesend.com and bitupload.com, I'm also not sure about zshare.ma

Offline Güney

• J-Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: May 08, 2012, 07:50:37 AM »
Why not give www.bitupload.com a shot?
I'm also using it for Scantily Clad scanlations and it is a Dutch (based in the Netherlands) filesharing site (so no American ISP crap).

Offline Renegade334

• ** RETIRING **
  • Silver Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: May 01, 2012, 09:00:36 PM »
Zshare has resurfaced, though it's no longer available at the address zshare.net but at zshare.ma...
Not sure whether it's still the real thing or if it's a fake/offshoot, haven't tried it yet.

Offline Andrew85

• J-Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: May 01, 2012, 05:19:07 PM »
Hmm... someone needs to put together a list of which hosts have already been measured and found lacking.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_file_hosting_services

BrutalUpload.com looks so good it's hard to believe. No limits to bandwidth/traffic/filestorage/filesize, no waiting time, no captcha, possible direct access, remote uploading and 2 years(!) of hosting period. Too good to be true. And apparently there is at least one drawback. It's upload speed. Maybe It was just me but uploading something of 200 MB archive required about one and a quarter of hour (so upload speed ~ 50 KB/s). Additionally the file was renamed to some nonsense, but that's hardly much of inconvenience. On the other hand, download speed is very good - about 800 KB/s at the top.

Offline halteclere

• J-Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: May 01, 2012, 11:06:01 AM »
Hmm... someone needs to put together a list of which hosts have already been measured and found lacking.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_file_hosting_services

Offline Andrew85

• J-Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: April 23, 2012, 01:57:32 AM »
 I think it's better to specify for jumbofiles.com that "Registration is suggested". Otherwise files with 0 downloads may be deleted after 10 days since upload. With registration (or with at least one download) there is a table with hosting periods (in accordance to their FAQ):
25Mb or less                   180 days from date of last download
25Mb - 100Mb                 60 days from date of last download
100Mb - 600Mb                45 days from date of last download
600Mb - 2000Mb              30 days from date of last download

filekeen.com (I think it's .com, as domains wasn't stated in the first post) is down. Are you sure that it's reliable filehoster?

Also, how is sharesend.com? Is it good or not? I asking cause at least it hosting period is better that of most other hosters (60 days in comparison to 30 of many others, like zippyshare or bayfiles, for example).

And what about cyberlockers from previous list (bayfiles.com, hulkshare.com, 1g8.ru, yandex.narod.ru)? Were they "dismissed" because of their shortcomings or were simply forgotten when list was put together?

Offline 6294086

• J-Addict
    • View Profile
Re: MUST READ ! LIST OF GOOD AND FREE FILE HOSTS !!
« Reply #409 on: April 22, 2012, 01:11:10 PM »
The big list on 1st post is updated

Offline Andrew85

• J-Hero
    • View Profile
Re: List of good free file hosts
« Reply #408 on: April 07, 2012, 09:46:03 PM »
http://slodive.com/web-development/best-free-file-hosting-sites/

Here's a list of great-looking filehosts. I bet you haven't even heard about half of those.
Part of this is pretty known (you can look full version of the first post to see), others not so great. Like there is limited overall storage (cloud services, although adrive.com's 50Gb free storage per account and no expiration date for files look more or less decent), limited bandwidth for your account (fileden.com), peer-to-peer sharing i.e you have to keep your browser working to share files like in bittorrent (fileai.com) and/or short expiration periods (for most of mentioned hosters - 30 days after last download or less, ShareSend is exception - 60 days, mediafire and "clouds" didn't count). Not to say that some of this services are paid and/or offer downloads only for your own files (like filesonic, wupload, and fileserve now) and some at least have issues with proxy ( whether they bloocking IP or it's just a technical issue, I don't know). And most of them is of .com domain which also can be considered drawback, although in our situation it's hard to be picky.

P.S. Please, if someone know a good filehoster or discover a favorable change in terms of services of some already known, like increase in hosting period, download speed, decrease of limitations (more simultaneous downloads, less or no time before and between downloads), let us know here. But please provide us with actual information or at least precise link to that information, not simple link to main page of filehoster's site.

As for requirements, I see it as this:

P.P.S. Maybe requirements have to be in the first post?

Offline 6294086

• J-Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: April 07, 2012, 04:07:36 PM »
FreakShare has indeed slipped a bit in terms of QoS - the download speeds for me were slightly higher than 100kbps, but it was their consistency that suffered a lot, until they inevitably settled below the 50kbps barrier and so. I prefer BitShare to FreakShare now - that filehost has slightly lower speeds, but they at least remain consistent.

OTOH, DepositFiles, which I've quite disparaged in the previous pages, seems to be getting better with its download speeds, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

And what in the nine hells happened to Zshare? Did it go under or what? I rated it quite high due to its admirable download speeds and ability to provide simultaneous downloads. Jesus, if it's gone, then really, it'll be another one of my favorites to kick the bucket this week...

Yep, Zshare is also another great disappointment to me.

In the past I consider it as one of the best alternative to mediafire but now.... :p!ssed:

Badongo and zippyshare are my current favorite.

I don't know about depositfiles' downloading speed but they ban certain IP address/transparent proxies.

Many of the ISPs use transparent proxy (like mine) so I cannot download from sites like depositfiles, shareonline and quite a number of other hosts...

jumbofiles is easy to download from but it seems that files got deleted fast  :p!ssed:

crocko has been unfriendly to free user lately; don't use it !  :p!ssed:

ddlani.me is also not bad, I've been using it to download several files...

New 2 multiuploaders that you should consider :

1. embedupload.com

2. directmirror.com => got badongo, jumbofiles, ifile.it and even bayfiles !
    It also has many other less-known hosts => good to find new alternatives  

Offline burst1

• J-Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: April 07, 2012, 06:08:12 AM »
http://slodive.com/web-development/best-free-file-hosting-sites/

Here's a list of great-looking filehosts. I bet you haven't even heard about half of those.

Offline Sality

• J-Hero
  • Renommée: 253
    • View Profile
« Reply #405 on: April 06, 2012, 07:08:09 PM »
I guess everyone missed it, but ddlani.me has good speeds and is not well known to the RIAA/MPAA.
Looks good. I'll start using that host as my alternative mirror.

Online ramenchef

• J-Recruit
  • Renommée: 40
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: April 06, 2012, 05:12:02 PM »
I guess everyone missed it, but ddlani.me has good speeds and is not well known to the RIAA/MPAA.

Offline Renegade334

• ** RETIRING **
  • Silver Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: April 06, 2012, 02:34:19 PM »
FreakShare has indeed slipped a bit in terms of QoS - the download speeds for me were slightly higher than 100kbps, but it was their consistency that suffered a lot, until they inevitably settled below the 50kbps barrier and so. I prefer BitShare to FreakShare now - that filehost has slightly lower speeds, but they at least remain consistent.

OTOH, DepositFiles, which I've quite disparaged in the previous pages, seems to be getting better with its download speeds, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

And what in the nine hells happened to Zshare? Did it go under or what? I rated it quite high due to its admirable download speeds and ability to provide simultaneous downloads. Jesus, if it's gone, then really, it'll be another one of my favorites to kick the bucket this week...

Offline 6294086

• J-Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: April 06, 2012, 02:09:39 PM »
I've been downloading stuffs from various sources and based on my recent experience, the following hosts are good for downloading (I'm not sure about the upload though) :

1. badongo
2. jumbofiles
3. crocko.com
4. 1fichier.com/en

No 1 and 2 are also available when you use mirrorcreator to upload...

You may want to consider them when uploading stuffs...

Recently I've been completely upset with freakshare; it used to work well in the past  :p!ssed:

Offline FairGame

• S-Angel Hime-chan
  • J-Highlander
  • Renommée: 1286
  • Suteki na Anata ni Okurimono♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: April 06, 2012, 11:20:47 AM »
not a little, it`s alot difficult for me. From what I read, I`m hearing everything is bad to sum it up

Offline silverado

• Administrator
  • J-Titan
  • Renommée: 396
    • View Profile
    • Manga Underground
« Reply #400 on: April 06, 2012, 03:24:48 AM »
Well with all the different opinions and experiences from different file hosts it's become a little difficult to tell where to upload to.

Offline burst1

• J-Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: April 04, 2012, 11:08:51 PM »
MediaFire has already taken restrictive steps - i.e. making user registration mandatory. You now can no longer upload something without having an account...which means that if only ONE file gets reported (as in my case), the entire contents of your folders are seriously endangered.

That is not true. I can still upload anything without loggin in.

Offline krmtrad

• J-Starter
    • View Profile
    • my french scanlations
« Reply #398 on: April 04, 2012, 03:59:00 AM »
I quickly seen your thread and this is sick >_<
Anyway good luck for re-uploading the files!

I guess I will start using bayfiles along with mediafire just in case.

Offline Renegade334

• ** RETIRING **
  • Silver Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: April 04, 2012, 03:02:55 AM »
MediaFire has already taken restrictive steps - i.e. making user registration mandatory. You now can no longer upload something without having an account...which means that if only ONE file gets reported (as in my case), the entire contents of your folders are seriously endangered.

FileServe, after momentarily adopting FileSonic's stance (sharing disabled) and then dropping it, is now going in the same direction: in order to upload, you need an account.

Looks like the concept of "anonymous upload" is taking on water and heading for the seabeds.

Offline krmtrad

• J-Starter
    • View Profile
    • my french scanlations
« Reply #396 on: April 04, 2012, 02:40:48 AM »
This will become really annoying if mediafire is the next one :nonono:
I don't wanna use anything else right now.

Offline dragonspell

• I ♥ Winchester Boys!
  • jCafe Nobility
  • God of Water
  • Renommée: 513
  • And you know what? We kind of liked it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: April 03, 2012, 10:46:01 PM »
^ I was pissed off about it, too.  Especially seeing as how I found out, like, only an hour after they did so so everybody else had Game of Thrones except me! 

Had to go find another link.

This whole thing is going to Hell in a handbasket because the MPAA/RIAA are riding high on the flush of having the US Government take down Megaupload.  They're overreaching and I hope it comes back to BITE them.

Putlocker and Mediafire are also coming under fire. http://torrentfreak.com/were-no-rogue-site-putlocker-responds-to-hollywood-120403/

Offline Renegade334

• ** RETIRING **
  • Silver Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: April 03, 2012, 02:50:00 PM »
God*******. God*******. God*******.

WUpload is now mimicking FileSonic: sharing is disabled, you can only download what you uploaded yourself (login required).

This is a shame, it was one of my top 5 alternative hosts, due to its high (compared to others) download speeds. *walks off to sulk in a corner*