Funds $31 | Needed $120
Like the community? Enjoy reading manga?
Then click on the small donation banner! Thx!

29%

Author Topic: MUST READ ! LIST OF GOOD FILE HOSTS !!  (Read 75347 times)

Offline silverado

• Administrator
  • J-Titan
  • Renommée: 396
    • View Profile
    • Manga Underground
Re: Discuss file hostings and ! ! DO NOT USE MEDIAFIRE.com ! !
« Reply #293 on: January 27, 2012, 05:04:33 AM »
Give me a fucking link to the latest acta version that s been passed.

Offline burst1

• J-Regular
  • Renommée: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: January 27, 2012, 05:00:08 AM »
You guys don't listen, do you?

Counterfeit: Made in imitation of what is genuine with the intent to defraud.

What the hell does this have to do with sharing online? I'm so fucking tired of all this fear mongering.

Offline kainord

• J-Hero
  • Renommée: 21
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: January 27, 2012, 04:51:03 AM »
It means that all uploaders living in ACTA states might lose their internet connection and be banned from their ISP after uploading copyright infringing materials three times.

It also requires all ISP to now officially store IP and connection data by law, bypassing the previous court decision by the national courts against mandatory data storage.

This is a fucking nightmare. Forget Megaupload, you might never upload anything in your life if this becomes national law.

I understood that, just i reached a point where i had enough. I live in Hungary. Because of the US we suffered loses from the year '56. Then came the global economic disaster which started from the US, then they started this copyright shit. And my government agreed to this idiotic ACTA  :p!ssed: nightmare. I'm so fed up with my government, who dosen't even care about us, they killing us slowly and painfully. The net was my "safe heaven" if they took our liberty from here, i don't care about the whole thing anymore, i'm gonna go postal on them.

Offline burst1

• J-Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: January 27, 2012, 04:47:10 AM »
There's a lot of fear mongering regarding this. It's not as bad as many say, but it won't solve the global problem too, it will be a huge failure.

But it isn't what many of you have been saying. As the bro above me says, this isn't what it seems.

-No, it won't shut webhosts.
-No it won't force ISPS to trace your activities the 24h of the day.
-And no, the 3 strike bullshit isn't even in the draft.

So stop panicking.

Offline Lightysnake

• GWR Team
  • J-Regular
  • Renommée: 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: January 27, 2012, 04:42:50 AM »
Look, Silverado? Just....take a few minutes, step back...this is paranoid fear mongering.

This isn't what you think it is.

Offline silverado

• Administrator
  • J-Titan
    • View Profile
    • Manga Underground
« Reply #288 on: January 27, 2012, 04:41:39 AM »
It means that all uploaders living in ACTA states might lose their internet connection and be banned from their ISP after uploading copyright infringing materials three times.

It also requires all ISP to now officially store IP and connection data by law, bypassing the previous court decision by the national courts against mandatory data storage.

This is a fucking nightmare. Forget Megaupload, you might never upload anything in your life if this becomes national law.

Offline kainord

• J-Hero
  • Renommée: 21
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: January 27, 2012, 04:04:42 AM »
Hmmm, i don't care, if this reach me, it's gonna be messy.

Offline silverado

• Administrator
  • J-Titan
    • View Profile
    • Manga Underground
« Reply #286 on: January 27, 2012, 04:03:10 AM »
The nightmare has begun.

Offline raptorfalcon

• Final Boss!
  • J-Addict
  • Renommée: 221
    • View Profile
« Reply #285 on: January 27, 2012, 03:45:28 AM »

Offline iSiscon

• J-Starter
  • Renommée: 14
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: January 27, 2012, 01:21:57 AM »
There's some chinese provider use this site.

http://hulkshare.com/

I think it's quite good for me. Nice speed, no couting time.

Offline 6294086

• Winny Club Premium Uploader
  • J-Addict
  • Renommée: 185
  • Read the forum rules before PM-ing me !
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: January 26, 2012, 05:48:00 PM »
I don't like it as much anymore ^^'
I've tried uploading some files over night and got error several times. (on files over 50MB though). It continued to upload only when i manually dismissed the error and removed the file that caused error (and that sucked because it happens with one 250MB at 99% upload so i have to reupload it again <_<). But that doesn't mean that other people will have same problem.

On mission to find next personal favorite :)

Oh well, even if it's true; it's still useful for uploading small files such as single chapters...

Offline burst1

• J-Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: January 26, 2012, 05:26:05 PM »
I'm liking this one, may try it out in the future.

Also, for those who are getting blocked from Uploaded.to because of recent country restrictions, I've confirmed that Tor will allow you to download from Uploaded.to:
Sorry, please read the forum rules to see why you can't view spoilers and why you can't post in this forum section. Thank you!

Though it's a bit slow on the DL, it's better than being blocked off completely, and a bit easier than having to use a different proxy site/link generator all the time. Haven't tried out any other restricted sites yet.

EDIT: Oh, some good news, a blog that I was using to get magazine raws that went down has come back up.

Which, which?

Offline bungaku

• J-Addict
  • Renommée: 415
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: January 26, 2012, 05:04:06 PM »
I've tried uploading some files over night and got error several times. (on files over 50MB though). It continued to upload only when i manually dismissed the error and removed the file that caused error (and that sucked because it happens with one 250MB at 99% upload so i have to reupload it again <_<). But that doesn't mean that other people will have same problem.

That's weird; I did a test uploads with it using files from 40-500mb and turned out fine for me. Did uploads using Chrome.

Offline Chibi-Chibi

• J-Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: January 26, 2012, 05:00:58 PM »
It's server is in NETHERLANDS and the registrar is directnic.com (CAYMAN ISLANDS).

This is another GOOD alternative; I've added it to the big list  :megane:

Offline 6294086

• J-Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: January 26, 2012, 01:27:20 PM »
Guys, anonyupload currently receive registration and it will open on Friday.

I've registered an account there.

We'll see how it turns out later...

Offline alchemist11

• J-Regular
  • Renommée: 120
    • View Profile
    • ray=out
« Reply #278 on: January 26, 2012, 12:28:46 PM »
From my experience and Mediafire staff concur with this (from a recent interview by the CEO), is that everything hosted on MF lasts forever UNLESS it is reported to be removed. Manga, is an extremely rare case anyway. It's just mostly anime, films, music, and sometimes software. I have quite a lot of manga archived on my MF account, including the Okusan raws that I once shared (posted by someone else on jcafe) via my blog. At one point I even had 23 volumes of Countach without a single download by anyone in 2 years (deleted it myself though). That said, I'd stick with MF because it doesn't affect the manga scene in comparison to the anime, film, and music.

If MF is not going to used for what ever the reasoning is, the only safest option I see are cloud storage providers such as Dropbox, SkyDrive, Box.net and many more. Others are either unreliable or pay hosts with time limits and non-parallel downloading web-sites.

Offline 6294086

• J-Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: January 26, 2012, 12:04:32 PM »
rawparadise? :spurt: :huh: anyways if we talking about good host sites, sendspace is ok? :huh:

No, sendspace blocks IP address from certain countries...

Its registrar and server are also in US...

Take a look at the big list of free file hosts that I have compiled several posts earlier...

Offline psicomenace

• J-Titan
  • Renommée: 477
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: January 26, 2012, 11:20:53 AM »
Forget about that stupid bill already, that won't do shit.

In the meantime and while rawparadise is reuploading everything, you can check in here for raws:

Sorry, please read the forum rules to see why you can't view spoilers and why you can't post in this forum section. Thank you!
rawparadise? :spurt: :huh: anyways if we talking about good host sites, sendspace is ok? :huh:

Offline bungaku

• J-Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: January 26, 2012, 09:43:45 AM »
I'm currently trying out http://refile.net seems ok for upload/download, but than again i'm not the best person to say that as both my UL and DL are pretty slow. There is captcha before download and they delete files 30 day after last download same as bayfile, i just don't like how both of them do not enable folder sharing, but i guess thatch a luxury now.

I'm liking this one, may try it out in the future.

Also, for those who are getting blocked from Uploaded.to because of recent country restrictions, I've confirmed that Tor will allow you to download from Uploaded.to:

Though it's a bit slow on the DL, it's better than being blocked off completely, and a bit easier than having to use a different proxy site/link generator all the time. Haven't tried out any other restricted sites yet.

EDIT: Oh, some good news, a blog that I was using to get magazine raws that went down has come back up.

Offline 6294086

• J-Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: January 26, 2012, 09:18:28 AM »
I'm currently trying out http://refile.net seems ok for upload/download, but than again i'm not the best person to say that as both my UL and DL are pretty slow. There is captcha before download and they delete files 30 day after last download same as bayfile, i just don't like how both of them do not enable folder sharing, but i guess thatch a luxury now.

It's server is in NETHERLANDS and the registrar is directnic.com (CAYMAN ISLANDS).

This is another GOOD alternative; I've added it to the big list  :megane:

Replied: January 23, 2012, 03:26:57 PM
Let's remember to wrap spoiler tags around links that lead to raw providing sites.

Of course, we mustn't forget to put spoiler tags around links to uploaded file hosts.

Speaking about protection for the links, I remember there is another raw manga provider website (cannot remember the name) that whenever you click on their download links, a new window will be opened and then you can download the file.

If you wait for too long before clicking on the download links, you need to refresh the manga page otherwise when you try to click on the download links, you will see a message saying that the link is expired/cannot be found in big black letters...

Could we have this kind of protection implemented here ?

Offline bungaku

• J-Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: January 26, 2012, 09:16:48 AM »

In the meantime and while rawparadise is reuploading everything, you can check in here for raws:
Let's remember to wrap spoiler tags around links that lead to raw providing sites.

Offline burst1

• J-Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: January 26, 2012, 09:09:15 AM »

Offline nakiami

• J-Starter
  • Renommée: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: January 26, 2012, 08:43:56 AM »
I also recommend for Bayfile :x. But why i read terms of use of them... they said the main branch located in Hongkong @_@....?

-------------------------
well... Iceland, they join ACTA in EU @_@...? can anyone confirm this news?

Offline shamalama

• yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
  • J-Recruit
  • Renommée: 12
    • View Profile
Re: ! ! WARNING TO ALL UPLOADERS - DO NOT USE MEDIAFIRE.com ! !
« Reply #270 on: January 26, 2012, 05:27:07 AM »
BAYFILES IS BRILLIANT! I ADORE IT!

http://bayfiles.com/

I second this. It's fast, fast, fast, and did I mention it's fast?

Usenet would be the most reliable option because it's got the best of both p2p and DDLs. The files propagate to multiple servers operated by totally different companies so one company can't just delete a file, but they're all stored on dedicated servers so you don't have to deal with the agony of slow seeders like torrents. The only problem is that ISPs that used to offer access to usenet/newsgroups for free aren't anymore. Usenet costs moolah :/ more than regular file hosts.

Offline silverado

• Administrator
  • J-Titan
    • View Profile
    • Manga Underground
« Reply #269 on: January 26, 2012, 05:19:37 AM »
Bayfiles.com seems to be fast and convenient, but the domain still lies in US jurisdiction which means: don't put all your eggs in one basket. Since we've discussed enough file hosts and created awareness to the mediafire problem, I'm going to merge this topic with Discuss Free File Hosts

Offline shamalama

• yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
  • J-Recruit
  • Renommée: 12
    • View Profile
Re: Discuss File Hosts & VPNs Here!
« Reply #268 on: January 26, 2012, 05:11:34 AM »
I recommend we start using Bayfiles. It's run by the founders of The Pirate Bay. I've just tested it and it's excellent for free users.

1. 5GB maximum file size.
2. Multithreading and resuming allowed. Multithreading is splitting your download into chunks and opening a separate connection for each chunk to increase the overall speed.
3. It's fast. I'm downloading at 1.0-1.5 MB/sec

Offline wanlily

• J-Starter
  • Renommée: 7
    • View Profile
    • Brother running The Boston Marathon to raise $ for cancer.
« Reply #267 on: January 26, 2012, 03:53:00 AM »
Things might have changed since they published this on Jan 19, but here it is:
http://gizmodo.com/5877709/five-great-alternatives-to-megaupload

Offline wanlily

• J-Starter
  • Renommée: 7
    • View Profile
    • Brother running The Boston Marathon to raise $ for cancer.

Offline 1stwinter

• J-Recruit
  • Renommée: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: January 26, 2012, 03:21:48 AM »
anybody heard of usenet in here?

Offline burst1

• J-Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: January 26, 2012, 03:14:12 AM »
The whole reason that the federal government is cracking down on file sharing sites is because next to IRC the downloads in terms of tracing who is downloading a file is in most cases next to impossible. I would say this is a scare tactic by the federal government to scare people like us into using something that is completely traceable like torrents. So be very wary of using torrents because they leave behind a very traceable trail for the fed's to follow.

Unfortunately for the fed's, many torrents already implemented tools that leave no traces of your activity.