Funds $13 | Needed $120
Like the community? Enjoy reading manga?
Then click on the small donation banner! Thx!

12%

Author Topic: MUST READ ! LIST OF GOOD FILE HOSTS !!  (Read 84185 times)

Offline freedom86

• J-Regular
  • Renommée: 84
  • Japan is fun but Japanese Finals are HELL.
    • View Profile
Re: ! ! WARNING TO ALL UPLOADERS - DO NOT USE MEDIAFIRE.com ! !
« Reply #263 on: January 26, 2012, 03:07:54 AM »
The whole reason that the federal government is cracking down on file sharing sites is because next to IRC the downloads in terms of tracing who is downloading a file is in most cases next to impossible. I would say this is a scare tactic by the federal government to scare people like us into using something that is completely traceable like torrents. So be very wary of using torrents because they leave behind a very traceable trail for the fed's to follow.

Offline Chibi-Chibi

• J-Starter
  • Renommée: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: January 26, 2012, 02:53:42 AM »
I'm currently trying out http://refile.net seems ok for upload/download, but than again i'm not the best person to say that as both my UL and DL are pretty slow. There is captcha before download and they delete files 30 day after last download same as bayfile, i just don't like how both of them do not enable folder sharing, but i guess thatch a luxury now.

Offline 6294086

• Winny Club Premium Uploader
  • J-Addict
  • Renommée: 185
  • Read the forum rules before PM-ing me !
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: January 26, 2012, 02:18:53 AM »
Is it that good? If it is, then i'm happy to found that article that mentioned it.

Yep, it doesn't have any waiting time and max file size is 5 GB [!]

Too bad that the uploaded files will be deleted if there is no download within 30 days.

Offline kainord

• J-Hero
  • Renommée: 21
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: January 26, 2012, 01:26:41 AM »
BAYFILES IS BRILLIANT! I ADORE IT!

http://bayfiles.com/

Is it that good? If it is, then i'm happy to found that article that mentioned it.

Offline silverado

• Administrator
  • J-Titan
  • Renommée: 396
    • View Profile
    • Manga Underground
« Reply #259 on: January 26, 2012, 01:06:24 AM »
BAYFILES IS BRILLIANT! I ADORE IT!

Offline raptorfalcon

• Final Boss!
  • J-Addict
  • Renommée: 221
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: January 26, 2012, 12:04:46 AM »
I have... but can't really say whether it's really effective (in avoiding warnings)  since I don't use torrents for anything other than anime.

Offline burst1

• J-Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: January 25, 2012, 11:25:59 PM »
Have you ever used Peerblock, guys?

Offline 6294086

• J-Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: January 25, 2012, 11:00:38 PM »
Files stored 30 days since last download

Well, that's too bad but at least it's better than nothing...

I've added not only the location of servers but also of registrars in the list; you should wary of filehosts that have servers in non-US and non-US affiliated countries but with registrars located in US...

Offline Kaze105

• J-Hero
  • Renommée: 103
    • View Profile
« Reply #255 on: January 25, 2012, 10:04:58 PM »
Thanks for the info.

Too bad they're running out of uploaded.to account so I cannot download for now...

Replied: January 22, 2012, 08:39:48 AM
I just checked the TOS and at the bottom I see this :
"Hong Kong, 2011.08.03"

I just checked that their server is in SWEDEN but the company is in HONGKONG :kukukuh:

I don't see any limitations on how many files can be uploaded (max file size 5 GB) and nothing is mentioned about how long the files will be stored...

I'm still worried whether it can still be blocked since the company that manage .com is based in US but I will use it as additional backup.

Added it to the list.   

Files stored 30 days since last download

Quote (selected)
However, this deletion shall only take place after 30 days have passed since the end of the last download. If a file has not been accessed for download, the minimum storage period of 30 days shall begin with the completion of upload.

Offline kainord

• J-Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: January 25, 2012, 08:58:42 PM »
Sweden is good :)

Offline 6294086

• J-Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: January 25, 2012, 07:34:06 PM »
Rapid8 is working for me right now, but it has a ton of popup-ads (and it won't let you use its functions if you use an adblocker on the site), and there's a limit to the number of downloads you can generate within a given time frame I believe.

Thanks for the info.

Too bad they're running out of uploaded.to account so I cannot download for now...

Replied: January 23, 2012, 01:39:48 AM
Anybody tried this one out?

One of our online tech magazine wrote that they can be the successors of megaupload.

I just checked the TOS and at the bottom I see this :
"Hong Kong, 2011.08.03"

I just checked that their server is in SWEDEN but the company is in HONGKONG :kukukuh:

I don't see any limitations on how many files can be uploaded (max file size 5 GB) and nothing is mentioned about how long the files will be stored...

I'm still worried whether it can still be blocked since the company that manage .com is based in US but I will use it as additional backup.

Added it to the list.   

Offline kainord

• J-Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: January 25, 2012, 07:29:14 PM »
Anybody tried this one out?

One of our online tech magazine wrote that they can be the successors of megaupload.

Offline 6294086

• J-Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: January 25, 2012, 07:00:43 PM »
This.

I'm pretty much just browsing 2ch daily to see if any new raw providing sites are popping up. Even ones that updated daily have been frozen still for a while now. Uploaded.to isn't available to my country, so I have to use a link generating site to gain access to its files.

Bungaku, my country also doesn't allow me to access uploaded.to (ul.to).

Could you share with us which website you use to generate the links from uploaded.to ?

Thanks in advance

rawmangaspot.com have quite a number of raw chapters in uploaded.to which cannot be found anywhere...

Offline Mini_Pro

• J-Regular
  • Renommée: 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: January 25, 2012, 06:54:34 PM »
oh no! more bad news?  :sob:

Offline silverado

• Administrator
  • J-Titan
    • View Profile
    • Manga Underground
« Reply #249 on: January 25, 2012, 06:21:12 PM »
This is why this topic is here, to discuss new file hosts, post alternatives while ranting about the corporations.

Offline Lightysnake

• GWR Team
  • J-Regular
  • Renommée: 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: January 25, 2012, 04:22:10 PM »
People will post them again. It just remains to be seen where

Offline Renegade334

• ** RETIRING **
  • Silver Dragon
  • Renommée: 6190
  • Do NOT ask me how to see DL links. READ THE RULES!
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: January 25, 2012, 04:14:22 PM »
Exactly what RAW source has been deleted? :spurt: :huh:

A certain blog, if I'm not mistaken. The problem is that we're not the only ones being dragged kicking and screaming deep into the shitter; even the Japanese raw-providing scene is experiencing significant difficulties redistributing their stuff, as they largely favored hosts like Filesonic (most tankoubons were on FS), MU and UploadStation.

Now they're switching to FreakShare and Uploaded.to, neither of which is to my liking due to low DL speeds...but I guess that some individuals witnessed all their work turning into vapor and got discouraged, preferring to stop instead of trying again.

Noticed how few new volumes were posted lately? Everybody's indecisive as to what to switch to.
Or even if it's worth the bother uploading again.

Offline Kaze105

• J-Hero
  • Renommée: 103
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: January 25, 2012, 02:10:24 PM »
I know there are some people uploading to uploaded.to, but is there any way to access them using proxy or such for people in US?

Offline metasinz

• J-Starter
  • Renommée: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Megaupload taken down by the Feds, and my topics and threads
« Reply #245 on: January 25, 2012, 01:39:34 PM »
Finally a topic like this! I have been looking at forums that have used megaupload links and none have really bitched about it yet haha. They just switched to another, like mediafire as they have mostly been using at least 2 to 3 file sharing sites anyways. The thing is, I do agree that it would really be an insane job trying to fix every dead link now because of this lost. It hurt me too. I had premium for both megaupload and filesonic. Lucky for me I listened to my sister and resisted buying the lifetime membership for file sharing sites. Imagine my anger if I did buy them haha.

This however does poses a very real issue to us. What is going to happen to the internet now?

Offline morten

• Turnin' On The Screw
  • GWR Team
  • J-Titan
  • Renommée: 439
  • Human after all
    • View Profile
    • ALL HAIL OFFTOPIA
« Reply #244 on: January 25, 2012, 01:02:00 PM »
Well, it s not just file hosts, but web hosting will also become much more difficult:

http://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/news/2011/07/paypal-joins-london-police-bid-to-financially-starve-illegal-websites.ars

Paypal received too much power when it became ebay's number one payment method... And now there are no alternatives to them...
They only turn the anger of hacker groups upon them again...

Stupid, a lot of illegal transactions go over paypal, not even the small number of donations/pays for scanlation groups&sites and other fanbased stuff included...

Sorry, please read the forum rules to see why you can't view spoilers and why you can't post in this forum section. Thank you!

Offline WarriorKalia

• J-Starter
  • Renommée: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: January 25, 2012, 12:55:14 PM »
Against all that? Where were you during wikileaks? Paypal does whatever it can to make themselves look good and save their own asses, even if it means stuff like this.

I'm on board with the idea of a Darknet thing- problem is, I can't quite figure it out for the moment. Anyone got any clarifications?

Offline psicomenace

• J-Titan
  • Renommée: 477
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: January 25, 2012, 09:53:30 AM »
Well, it s not just file hosts, but web hosting will also become much more difficult:

http://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/news/2011/07/paypal-joins-london-police-bid-to-financially-starve-illegal-websites.ars
No way, even more? as if it weren't already enough :spurt: :p!ssed:, I would think that PayPal would be against all that stuff :spurt:
this is just perfect.. now even one of my raw sources has been deleted :P

i guess i'll stop uploading raws here for a while until this matter with the f** FBI has been solved <.<
Exactly what RAW source has been deleted? :spurt: :huh:

Offline silverado

• Administrator
  • J-Titan
    • View Profile
    • Manga Underground
« Reply #241 on: January 25, 2012, 08:43:56 AM »

Offline morten

• Turnin' On The Screw
  • GWR Team
  • J-Titan
  • Renommée: 439
  • Human after all
    • View Profile
    • ALL HAIL OFFTOPIA
« Reply #240 on: January 25, 2012, 07:52:43 AM »
If you want to upload your files excessively to be sure that they won't get deleted, go to Upload Mirrors and select 14 uploaders that are still available.

Sorry, please read the forum rules to see why you can't view spoilers and why you can't post in this forum section. Thank you!

Offline burst1

• J-Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: January 25, 2012, 07:49:48 AM »
*sigh* it is true that when 1 service like MU goes down, a few others remain and even some more will pop up. The problem is, are you willing to upload gigs of data to any of these services with the possibility that at any given moment it all goes down the drain again? Ask renegade, animeraider, guill, or any of the other frequent uploaders their opinion about it and you will see. I think right now it's a good time to ditch all the free file hosts to store the raws. When you give your data to someone else to hold, things like this can happen at any time.

Perhaps they can still be used to host the most recent chapters, but when it comes to use them as an archive for hundreds of series, I believe we need to look at other alternatives.

What this man says. Either use mirrorcreator, or upload your files in a torrent, or p2p, or mIRC, or whatever, because this way your files will stay forever. Seriously guys, for what do you thin these programs were created in the first place?

Offline raptorfalcon

• Final Boss!
  • J-Addict
  • Renommée: 221
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: January 25, 2012, 07:41:48 AM »
*sigh* it is true that when 1 service like MU goes down, a few others remain and even some more will pop up. The problem is, are you willing to upload gigs of data to any of these services with the possibility that at any given moment it all goes down the drain again? Ask renegade, animeraider, guill, or any of the other frequent uploaders their opinion about it and you will see. I think right now it's a good time to ditch all the free file hosts to store the raws. When you give your data to someone else to hold, things like this can happen at any time.

Perhaps they can still be used to host the most recent chapters, but when it comes to use them as an archive for hundreds of series, I believe we need to look at other alternatives.

Offline 6294086

• J-Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: January 25, 2012, 07:18:23 AM »
I just go to anonyupload website and I notice that they're adopting Bitcoin for receiving support as alternative to paypal's.

No matter how us government try to control online payment; there will always be alternatives mushrooming up everywhere.

Having an FTP means that to save space every time a manga has a new volume released we need to delete some of the past uploaded chapters...

Uploading and downloading each page of a manga to an online gallery is very troublesome; you might also got banned temporarily/permanently if you download so many pages at once...

I still download from mediafire if the files are available there, but I don't upload to it anymore...

Hmmm, I don't think Switzerland is as neutral as it's used to be - remember when they released US account information.

I'm not sure whether they're going to stay neutral anymore...

Anyway, I think I also need to stay away from EU's related hosts due to ACTA...

Offline whsie

• The Geologist
  • J-Addict
  • Renommée: 128
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: January 25, 2012, 07:06:18 AM »
^ The thing with MU was that it was the fastest and most open of the file hosts. Its uploads also usually stay uploaded unlike RS, HF or others. Then there are the others with their slow sleeps, long wait times, 1 download at a time. MF is a close second for it's even more open nature and simultaneous download, but that's it.

Offline burst1

• J-Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: January 25, 2012, 06:43:42 AM »
Like we care! In a month or so we will better, just wait and see. In the meantime you can use other websites, P2P or mIRC among others. Seriously guys, the Internet is vast, it's infinite.

Offline noal

• J-Hero
  • Renommée: 25
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: January 25, 2012, 06:40:32 AM »
Still if I look at noal's comment then they may not care a bit about raws if it's the music industry....so movies and music and games.... :huh:

The problem is the massive collateral damage it would cause to other sector and the chilling effect it would induce, as we're experiencing now.