Funds $16 | Needed $120
Like the community? Enjoy reading manga?
Then click on the small donation banner! Thx!

16%

Author Topic: MUST READ ! LIST OF GOOD FILE HOSTS !!  (Read 72661 times)

Offline WarriorKalia

• J-Starter
  • Renommée: 0
    • View Profile
Re: ! ! WARNING TO ALL UPLOADERS - DO NOT USE MEDIAFIRE.com ! !
« Reply #243 on: January 25, 2012, 12:55:14 PM »
Against all that? Where were you during wikileaks? Paypal does whatever it can to make themselves look good and save their own asses, even if it means stuff like this.

I'm on board with the idea of a Darknet thing- problem is, I can't quite figure it out for the moment. Anyone got any clarifications?

Offline psicomenace

• J-Titan
  • Renommée: 474
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: January 25, 2012, 09:53:30 AM »
Well, it s not just file hosts, but web hosting will also become much more difficult:

http://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/news/2011/07/paypal-joins-london-police-bid-to-financially-starve-illegal-websites.ars
No way, even more? as if it weren't already enough :spurt: :p!ssed:, I would think that PayPal would be against all that stuff :spurt:
this is just perfect.. now even one of my raw sources has been deleted :P

i guess i'll stop uploading raws here for a while until this matter with the f** FBI has been solved <.<
Exactly what RAW source has been deleted? :spurt: :huh:

Offline silverado

• Administrator
  • J-Titan
  • Renommée: 395
    • View Profile
    • Manga Underground
« Reply #241 on: January 25, 2012, 08:43:56 AM »
Well, it s not just file hosts, but web hosting will also become much more difficult:

http://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/news/2011/07/paypal-joins-london-police-bid-to-financially-starve-illegal-websites.ars

Offline morten

• Turnin' On The Screw
  • GWR Team
  • J-Titan
  • Renommée: 439
  • Human after all
    • View Profile
    • ALL HAIL OFFTOPIA
« Reply #240 on: January 25, 2012, 07:52:43 AM »
If you want to upload your files excessively to be sure that they won't get deleted, go to Upload Mirrors and select 14 uploaders that are still available.

Sorry, please read the forum rules to see why you can't view spoilers and why you can't post in this forum section. Thank you!

Offline burst1

• J-Regular
  • Renommée: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: January 25, 2012, 07:49:48 AM »
*sigh* it is true that when 1 service like MU goes down, a few others remain and even some more will pop up. The problem is, are you willing to upload gigs of data to any of these services with the possibility that at any given moment it all goes down the drain again? Ask renegade, animeraider, guill, or any of the other frequent uploaders their opinion about it and you will see. I think right now it's a good time to ditch all the free file hosts to store the raws. When you give your data to someone else to hold, things like this can happen at any time.

Perhaps they can still be used to host the most recent chapters, but when it comes to use them as an archive for hundreds of series, I believe we need to look at other alternatives.

What this man says. Either use mirrorcreator, or upload your files in a torrent, or p2p, or mIRC, or whatever, because this way your files will stay forever. Seriously guys, for what do you thin these programs were created in the first place?

Offline raptorfalcon

• Final Boss!
  • J-Addict
  • Renommée: 221
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: January 25, 2012, 07:41:48 AM »
*sigh* it is true that when 1 service like MU goes down, a few others remain and even some more will pop up. The problem is, are you willing to upload gigs of data to any of these services with the possibility that at any given moment it all goes down the drain again? Ask renegade, animeraider, guill, or any of the other frequent uploaders their opinion about it and you will see. I think right now it's a good time to ditch all the free file hosts to store the raws. When you give your data to someone else to hold, things like this can happen at any time.

Perhaps they can still be used to host the most recent chapters, but when it comes to use them as an archive for hundreds of series, I believe we need to look at other alternatives.

Offline 6294086

• Winny Club Premium Uploader
  • J-Addict
  • Renommée: 185
  • Read the forum rules before PM-ing me !
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: January 25, 2012, 07:18:23 AM »
I just go to anonyupload website and I notice that they're adopting Bitcoin for receiving support as alternative to paypal's.

No matter how us government try to control online payment; there will always be alternatives mushrooming up everywhere.

Having an FTP means that to save space every time a manga has a new volume released we need to delete some of the past uploaded chapters...

Uploading and downloading each page of a manga to an online gallery is very troublesome; you might also got banned temporarily/permanently if you download so many pages at once...

I still download from mediafire if the files are available there, but I don't upload to it anymore...

Hmmm, I don't think Switzerland is as neutral as it's used to be - remember when they released US account information.

I'm not sure whether they're going to stay neutral anymore...

Anyway, I think I also need to stay away from EU's related hosts due to ACTA...

Offline whsie

• The Geologist
  • J-Addict
  • Renommée: 128
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: January 25, 2012, 07:06:18 AM »
^ The thing with MU was that it was the fastest and most open of the file hosts. Its uploads also usually stay uploaded unlike RS, HF or others. Then there are the others with their slow sleeps, long wait times, 1 download at a time. MF is a close second for it's even more open nature and simultaneous download, but that's it.

Offline burst1

• J-Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: January 25, 2012, 06:43:42 AM »
Like we care! In a month or so we will better, just wait and see. In the meantime you can use other websites, P2P or mIRC among others. Seriously guys, the Internet is vast, it's infinite.

Offline noal

• J-Hero
  • Renommée: 25
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: January 25, 2012, 06:40:32 AM »
Still if I look at noal's comment then they may not care a bit about raws if it's the music industry....so movies and music and games.... :huh:

The problem is the massive collateral damage it would cause to other sector and the chilling effect it would induce, as we're experiencing now.

Offline shoryuma

• J-Recruit
  • Renommée: 31
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: January 25, 2012, 06:28:10 AM »
Does anyone else have thoughts about hotfile? I've been experimenting with them for a couple of days and I like how you can use ftp to upload to them. I have been hearing conflicting information so I've been disguising my files, but so far so good.
Hotfile? Well... A lot of my files were lost this week, so I don't know if I will upload there again...

Offline burst1

• J-Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: January 25, 2012, 05:49:43 AM »
ACTA has a big problem, or should I say many problems? Deutch Land refuses to join, other European countries such as Netherlands for example won't ever follow any of the US laws (specially after they approved the Net Neutrality), Switzerland is a paradise, and of course, China too will never favor any of US laws, so this makes the bill useless. Plus it's bad for trade, and countries can't afford that.

Offline T1

• The H Emperor
  • J-Master
  • Renommée: 78
    • View Profile
    • Que Bono?!
« Reply #231 on: January 25, 2012, 05:40:07 AM »
Like mangafox.com [*Cough* Dirty Bastards *Cough*] that is hosting it's online reader on chinese servers, or mangareader.net that is hosting in Turkey, new uploader service sites will go to countries that won't criminalize uploading or piracy...

Well EU is looking into ACTA and will join it, well the chances are quite high, and Turkey want to join EU as fast as possible. Now China...well China is China, just as Lussia is Lussia...we can't say anything about them until they take a stand (though China and India are against ACTA atm)

Oh morten, seems like you forgot Singapore who got a harsh policy when it comes to pirating. That kind of policy is something that they can begin in other countries too which is the problem with ACTA, SOPA and PIPA. Sigh...I don't see that many from Singapore doing piracy as I did in the old days. 

Still if I look at noal's comment then they may not care a bit about raws if it's the music industry....so movies and music and games.... :huh:

Offline morten

• Turnin' On The Screw
  • GWR Team
  • J-Titan
  • Human after all
    • View Profile
    • ALL HAIL OFFTOPIA
« Reply #230 on: January 25, 2012, 05:23:00 AM »
Anyway I would agree with you on that statement that someone else will come forth but will that happen as long as more and more countries join the cause?

Like mangafox.com [*Cough* Dirty Bastards *Cough*] that is hosting it's online reader on chinese servers, or mangareader.net that is hosting in Turkey, new uploader service sites will go to countries that won't criminalize uploading or piracy...

And soon the gubberments will give up again and will be satisfied by just taking down the big names for now.

By the end of next month we will see a huge number of entrepreneur uploaders who step in to try getting the money megaupload has received before... So, you shouldn't crab your pants too much about this issue.

There's not much companies or governments can do against global piracy.

Offline noal

• J-Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: January 25, 2012, 05:22:29 AM »

Offline T1

• The H Emperor
  • J-Master
    • View Profile
    • Que Bono?!
« Reply #228 on: January 25, 2012, 05:07:45 AM »
Lol, every time the government tries to shut down one service sites it will only result into 10 new sites that will offer the same service.

When online readers like onemanga and mangatoshokan were taken down it was the same griefing, but then they were soon replaced by new online readers weeks later.

I was over at [rawscans.com] to find stuff I can't get at winny anymore and most of the upload site links were broken but I can confirm that wupload.com didn't delete any links with manga raws (yet), so it seems wupload is still reliable for now. If we find a multiuploader host that can upload content to several safe uploader services then I will use that to upload my scanlated manga.

Is it now I mention that we instead got some bigger bastards that annoy most scanlators these days?

Anyway I would agree with you on that statement that someone else will come forth but will that happen as long as more and more countries join the cause?

No, I still think it's best to see what will happen by taking a deep breath and if worse comes to worse then winny, share, and pd still lives xD (plus some more) Just sad that it will affect the open raw sharing but nothing to do about it.

Offline morten

• Turnin' On The Screw
  • GWR Team
  • J-Titan
  • Human after all
    • View Profile
    • ALL HAIL OFFTOPIA
« Reply #227 on: January 25, 2012, 04:48:20 AM »
Lol, every time the government tries to shut down one service sites it will only result into 10 new sites that will offer the same service.

When online readers like onemanga and mangatoshokan were taken down it was the same griefing, but then they were soon replaced by new online readers weeks later.

I was over at [rawscans.com] to find stuff I can't get at winny anymore and most of the upload site links were broken but I can confirm that wupload.com didn't delete any links with manga raws (yet), so it seems wupload is still reliable for now. If we find a multiuploader host that can upload content to several safe uploader services then I will use that to upload my scanlated manga.

Offline Stubbs

• J-Hero
  • Renommée: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: January 25, 2012, 04:45:55 AM »

Offline Renegade334

• ** RETIRING **
  • Silver Dragon
  • Renommée: 6190
  • Do NOT ask me how to see DL links. READ THE RULES!
    • View Profile
« Reply #225 on: January 25, 2012, 03:22:05 AM »
'Twas kind of so-so for me; decent speeds, but nothing groundbreaking like either Rapidshare or MegaUpload (the two filehosts where I could hit more or less consistent ~900kb/s DL rates). Strangely enough, though, it has become impossible to upload on Hotfile using services like MirrorCreator (Embedupload and Multiupload have become useless with all the nixed popular filehosts like MU, FileSonic and FileServe).

Offline Animeraider

• Yes, I am THAT Animeraider
  • J-Legend
  • Renommée: 1932
  • I live in a pub-crawl through Roppongi in my mind
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: January 25, 2012, 02:53:00 AM »
Does anyone else have thoughts about hotfile? I've been experimenting with them for a couple of days and I like how you can use ftp to upload to them. I have been hearing conflicting information so I've been disguising my files, but so far so good.

Offline whsie

• The Geologist
  • J-Addict
  • Renommée: 128
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: January 25, 2012, 02:35:03 AM »
I've used 115 several times and it's the main uploading site that the Chinese groups use.

That said, I'm often forced to use it because it's the only option. And while it's ok, I never liked 115 because most of the files have a time limit of like 30 days (1 month) before it's dead. This is why it's so hard (or sometimes impossible) to access a lot of the old Chinese uploads. It's possible 115 may have changed it a few months ago because they completely reorganized their website, but I wouldn't bet on it.

Overall, I wouldn't recommend 115. I only use it because I have to in order to access Chinese uploads.

As for the others, I'll also chime in. depositfiles does have rare stuff long after most other uploads have expired, but the wait time, the 1 download at a time, the buffer time in between downloads, and the overall slow speed of download are all a pain. I primarily used it the past for A Team's Breaker and didn't really like it.

MU actually has always been my preference because of it's fast download speed, but it's gone now. MF is a close second because of it's easy accessibility and simultaneous download, but the situation is looking bleak on that front. Hotfile and Rapidshare seems like it's ok for now, but both of those sites are way too liberal in taking down stuff. Not to mention, RS gives out your information.  Filesonic for all intents are purposes is dead.

So many have been taken down that I don't even know which ones work anymore.

Offline royanthony

• J-Regular
  • Renommée: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: January 25, 2012, 02:25:22 AM »
there
Sorry, please read the forum rules to see why you can't view spoilers and why you can't post in this forum section. Thank you!

Offline SquirrelLuvsPnut

• J-Member
  • Renommée: 21
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: January 25, 2012, 01:29:27 AM »
This might seem horribly primitive, but can't we make little password protected galleries online? I know it's a pain in the ass to save each scan manually, but that's what I used to do before I figured out the whole zip file thing.

Offline FADM_Khyron

• J-Member
  • Renommée: 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: January 25, 2012, 12:06:12 AM »
I guess we need to find some kind of solution for the short term where we could safely share stuff until we could find much more suitable filehosts and start from scratch. ( it will take a long time i believe)  :p!ssed:

Offline kainord

• J-Hero
  • Renommée: 21
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: January 24, 2012, 11:50:08 PM »
Hidden FTP accesible only for members, it works fine. Here is one that works over 10 years and has ton's (over 200 full series) of anime, some manga and japan related stuff.

Offline 6294086

• J-Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: January 24, 2012, 11:46:14 PM »
Personally, I think we are looking at this the wrong way. The reason we are in this predicament to begin with, is that we relied too much on MU. Looking for another file host is merely a temporary solution since the main problem has not been addressed. From my point of view, the main problem is centralized storage. Even though there were many file storage options available, many websites used only 1 file host, and now they have nothing left. We cannot make the same mistake twice. Rather than relying on any of the few file hosts left, we have to find a way to spread the storage. Also, we need to take into account that even if we have gigs of stuff in our HDD, there's no way we are going to upload all of that when at any given time our effort will amount to nothing again.

Well, I personally don't think that the situation is as bleak as what some people are feeling now...

Not all is lost...

Quite a number of filehosts like ifile.it is based in countries like Netherlands which won't follow any US laws.

I personally will avoid using any of .com filehosts as my primary upload (some are still useful for secondary upload though) and focus more on non .com filehost, preferably those with servers not based in US...

So far, Winny and Share are also working fine too...

Offline raptorfalcon

• Final Boss!
  • J-Addict
  • Renommée: 221
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: January 24, 2012, 11:20:23 PM »
Personally, I think we are looking at this the wrong way. The reason we are in this predicament to begin with, is that we relied too much on MU. Looking for another file host is merely a temporary solution since the main problem has not been addressed. From my point of view, the main problem is centralized storage. Even though there were many file storage options available, many websites used only 1 file host, and now they have nothing left. We cannot make the same mistake twice. Rather than relying on any of the few file hosts left, we have to find a way to spread the storage. Also, we need to take into account that even if we have gigs of stuff in our HDD, there's no way we are going to upload all of that when at any given time our effort will amount to nothing again.

Offline T1

• The H Emperor
  • J-Master
    • View Profile
    • Que Bono?!
« Reply #216 on: January 24, 2012, 10:48:25 PM »
Are you sure.... havent they already sign the ACTA treaty (except china)????

Maybe, atm it's a no. But yes after all Japan are the one who proposed stuff like ACTA, Korea is in ACTA too, and china and india were against it from the start. They take our side (lol when you think about how much progress they made on illegal stuff then it's not so weird :p )

Offline FADM_Khyron

• J-Member
  • Renommée: 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: January 24, 2012, 10:41:14 PM »
Koshiki - Operating 100% Japan will not join the SOPA / PIPA
Shienko Box - 100% working China / Korea will not join the SOPA / PIPA
ShareX BR - group UOL / BOL / iG say they will join the SOPA / PIPA

Are you sure.... havent they already sign the ACTA treaty (except china)????

Offline DarkDooM

• Godfather of jCafe
  • J-Titan
  • Renommée: 2485
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: January 24, 2012, 09:37:33 PM »
this is just perfect.. now even one of my raw sources has been deleted :P

i guess i'll stop uploading raws here for a while until this matter with the f** FBI has been solved <.<

Offline burst1

• J-Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: January 24, 2012, 08:36:12 PM »
And that list comes from 4chan. Some are true, but others... seriously, I don't believe anything that crappy troll nest say.

Offline Renegade334

• ** RETIRING **
  • Silver Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: January 24, 2012, 08:31:26 PM »
People, if you want to complain about the filehost situation, please do it here (and add something useful - we've all ranted enough as it is, now is the time to find solutions to the problem). Don't fill the other threads with messages that have nothing to do with the concerned series/subject.

Thank you.

Offline Ichika11

• J-Member
  • Renommée: 1
    • View Profile
Re: Denpa Kyoushi ch.01-10+ (MOVED)
« Reply #211 on: January 24, 2012, 07:41:46 PM »
anyone what should we do if MF will closed >_< by those freak FBI
this is the link that had been closed

MegaUpload - Closed.
FileServe - Closing does not sell premium.
FileJungle - Deleting files. Locked in the U.S.
UploadStation - Locked in the U.S.
FileSonic - The news is arbitrary (under FBI investigation).
VideoBB - Closed! would disappear soon.
Uploaded - Banned U.S. and the FBI went after the owners who are gone.
FilePost - Deleting all material (so will leave executables, pdfs, txts)
Videoz - closed and locked in the countries affiliated with the USA.
4shared - Deleting files with copyright and waits in line at the FBI.
MediaFire - Called to testify in the next 90 days and it will open doors pro FBI
Org torrent - could vanish with everything within 30 days “he is under criminal investigation”
Network Share mIRC - awaiting the decision of the case to continue or terminate Torrent everything.
Koshiki - operating 100% Japan will not join the SOPA / PIPA.
Shienko Box - 100% working china / korea will not join the SOPA / PIPA

no one can be shared anymore, this is tyranny

Offline silverado

• Administrator
  • J-Titan
  • Renommée: 395
    • View Profile
    • Manga Underground
« Reply #210 on: January 24, 2012, 06:12:03 PM »
No this way, it always moves up when somebody posts something important.

Offline T1

• The H Emperor
  • J-Master
    • View Profile
    • Que Bono?!
« Reply #209 on: January 24, 2012, 05:45:56 PM »
Well Kaze you see the japanese got a problem with their kids uploading illegal raws which in their opinion affects the manga, anime, game, music sales so they try to minimize the ways they can do illegal stuff. So that's the reason for those limited sharing spots  :spurt:

Btw shouldn't this thread be made to sticky or something?  :huh:

Offline Kaze105

• J-Hero
  • Renommée: 103
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: January 24, 2012, 11:55:41 AM »
Sucks that most Japanese file sharing website keeps file for only 7 days.  Those that allow you to keep it longer has a very limited amount that you can upload.

Offline 6294086

• J-Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: January 24, 2012, 10:53:32 AM »
6294086ifolder not require a registration. Registration is necessary only if you want to extend a file storage time (30 days).

On the other hand, dump.ru is require a registration, otherwise file will be deleted after one day. Up to 320MB, 30 days after last download for registered users (you can extend a file storage time).
Test link:

Press button for download.

Thanks for the info, but since most if not all of uploaders want to have their stuff available as long as possible; I think it's better if I put "need to register"

Offline Motsu

• J-Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: January 24, 2012, 10:34:33 AM »
ifolder.ru [RUSSIAN] - need to register

ifolder not require a registration. Registration is necessary only if you want to extend a file storage time (30 days).

On the other hand, dump.ru is require a registration, otherwise file will be deleted after one day. Up to 320MB, 30 days after last download for registered users (you can extend a file storage time).
Test link:

Press button for download.

Offline psicomenace

• J-Titan
  • Renommée: 474
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: January 24, 2012, 09:26:39 AM »
:sic:

This is getting more and more depressing by the hour...
I'm feeling exactly the same way :sic:, thanks for all the advises :yay:, I try the site that Silv mentioned "http://board.planetpeer.de/" but I can not register :sic: & "http://board.planetpeer.de/Creating" just keeps saying Not Found :huh: :sic:, on the other hand, only a few days, try download something from some russian host site and worked well for me (with the obvious problems of language) :p!ssed:
Many Sites are in panic...
Nostradamus and the Mayas could not see this!!!
The Mayan culture predicts doom for the world this year right? maybe they referred to this :spurt: :XD: :wahaha: :sic:, anyways I will try to test all the options mentioned here :hi:.

Offline 6294086

• J-Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: January 24, 2012, 09:21:59 AM »
BIG LIST OF GOOD AND BAD FREE FILE HOSTS

For UNKNOWN, anyone please share information whether :
1. Any of their servers are in US
2. They ban IP from certain countries
3. They have any bad reputations (deleted files in the past, etc)

Share, Winny and torrents are so far OK; of course the main problem is that the sources/seeders of the file must be active...

By the way, could anyone give the URLs of Koshiki & Shienko Box ?

Anyone know any other non-us free filehosts (preferably not a .com) !?

LATEST RECOMMENDED GOOD FILE HOSTS (registrars+ servers are not in US or other countries affiliated with US and signed whatever digital laws  )

Offline geniuspaus

• Raging Member
  • J-Addict
  • Renommée: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: January 24, 2012, 09:16:45 AM »
How about Dropbox account?

Offline Motsu

• J-Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: January 24, 2012, 08:24:54 AM »
It's a fake.
Quote (selected)
Megaupload is NOT back in any form, so don't get fooled. Scammers are taking advantage of the closure of Megaupload. Please beware!
From megaupload's twitter. If it's their real twitter, of course.

Offline Darkwolf

• J-Member
  • Renommée: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: January 24, 2012, 07:58:52 AM »
looks like its back

LINK DELETED BY ADMIN

Offline Motsu

• J-Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: January 24, 2012, 07:04:36 AM »
Are you sure? It's quite easy to use.
Well, I always forget to uncheck the yandex-bar box  :wahaha:
Turns out they have english registration page.

Offline Spiritovod

• >:3
  • J-Legend
  • Renommée: 1582
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: January 24, 2012, 06:06:22 AM »
narod.yandex.ru can be a pain in the neck even if you read russian
Are you sure? It's quite easy to use. Besides, they're offering unlimited storage, 90-day storage time and up to 5Gb per file (it's all for registered users, though no premium account or payments are needed).
Well, actually there are some limitations for the service, but it's more for the leechers from abroad.

Offline Andrew85

• J-Hero
  • Renommée: 69
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: January 24, 2012, 05:09:19 AM »
I don't even know where to click  :wahaha: Damn, can you write those russians to translate their website into English?

How to download from ifolder:

narod.ru

Offline Renegade334

• ** RETIRING **
  • Silver Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: January 24, 2012, 05:07:44 AM »
Got a little lazy and copied the list of filehosts supported by filestube:

Barely know a quarter/third of the entire list and haven't gotten to test much of it anyway...

:sic:

This is getting more and more depressing by the hour...

Offline Motsu

• J-Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: January 24, 2012, 05:02:10 AM »
I don't even know where to click  :wahaha: Damn, can you write those russians to translate their website into English?
They are not interested in foreign users, otherwise they would have done it long ago  :sigh:
In ifolder.ru case - i've already spent "all" foreight traffic, but jDownloader downloads it anyway. narod.yandex.ru can be a pain in the neck even if you read russian, so again - jDownloader

Offline okomi

• J-Hero
  • Renommée: 9
  • Karma is a BITCH
    • View Profile
« Reply #195 on: January 24, 2012, 04:58:01 AM »
Info extracted from 4chan

MegaUpload - Closed.
FileServe - Closing, does not sell premium.
FileJungle - Deleting files. Locked in the U.S..
UploadStation - Locked in the U.S..
FileSonic - the news is arbitrary (under FBI investigation).
VideoBB - Closed! Will disappear soon.
Uploaded - Banned in the U.S. and the FBI went after the owners who are gone.
FilePost - Deleting all material (will leave executables, pdfs, txts)
Videoz - Closed and locked in the countries affiliated with the USA.
4shared - Deleting files with copyright and waits in line at the FBI.
MediaFire - Called to testify in the next 90 days and it will open doors. Pro FBI
Org Torrent - Could vanish with everything within 30 days "he is under criminal investigation"
Network Share mIRC - Awaiting the decision of the case to continue or terminate Torrente everything.
Koshiki - Operating 100% Japan will not join the SOPA / PIPA
Shienko Box - 100% working China / Korea will not join the SOPA / PIPA

Offline nesfe

• J-Begger
  • J-Hardcore
  • Renommée: 520
  • People are Sheep, individuals are wolves
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: January 24, 2012, 04:46:52 AM »
I've tested a couple russian filehosts. Basically, all of them have speed or traffic limitations for foreign ip, some require a registration, slow uploading, etc.
Not worth the effort, but here are a test links anyway (use jDownloader).

The first one wouldn't let me download saying that foreign IPs need to go to advertiser sites to support them before downloading (Google Translate). The second one narod.ru worked quickly and has resume capability for download.

Edit: @Darkdoom, do i need to register to be able to upload. I can't find the upload button  :huh: