Funds $0 | Needed $120
Like the community? Enjoy reading manga?
Then click on the small donation banner! Thx!

0%

Author Topic: MUST READ ! LIST OF GOOD FILE HOSTS !!  (Read 91338 times)

Offline fenrill

• J-Member
  • Renommée: 4
    • View Profile
Re: ! ! WARNING TO ALL UPLOADERS - DO NOT USE MEDIAFIRE.com ! !
« Reply #83 on: January 23, 2012, 05:25:14 PM »
so what are the other options? I hate people saying that you can't use something and can't give an alternative in the other hand, It's like saying the current way of doing something is wrong without to give an alternative, I will use mediafire till it's down( if ), most of the things I upload are saved on my Hard disks( 8TB are enough for now), so it won't hurt to have a direction for every little thing like Mangas, Raws, Done Raws, etc. So I can upload the things again if mediafire goes down.

Replied: January 23, 2012, 05:30:38 PM
rapidshare isn't a alternative, it's selling information of the uploaders.
Have used multiupload a few times, good thing, many host one link, So if one or more hosts goes down you still have the other host and multiupload itself

Offline silverado

• Administrator
  • J-Titan
  • Renommée: 398
    • View Profile
    • Manga Underground
« Reply #82 on: January 23, 2012, 05:23:46 PM »
We are talking about American law my dear friends and mates. Have you ever trusted American law to protect the poor and its citizens?

I understand that mediafire is for most of you the most reliable and convenient way to upload. It is the more important for us to find and discuss new file hosts and encourage an avid exchange of information about alternatives.

Which file host that you know has been offering reliable service for more than 4 years?

Offline Spiritovod

• >:3
  • J-Legend
  • Renommée: 1583
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: January 23, 2012, 05:14:22 PM »
Simple renaming doesn't work - and even password-protecting, if the file listing of the archive will be visible (that is why WinRar has a function to restrict access even for it).

Dropbox is quite nice in my opinion.
It has too many limitations for a common uploader.

As an alternative, we could use sites that creates mirrors for your uploads, like Mirrorcreator or Multiupload, but the future of those services is unclear too.

P.S. I'll continue to upload on mediafire anyway, just password-protect and rename the files properly, and all will be fine. MF still stores my one-and-a-half-years-old uploads, which are not even renamed or password-protected. Also, from now on I'll probably use some alternative file hosting as mirror in case if MF will be closed or something in the future.

P.P.S. As for the good file hostings, I could recommend some, but most of them are russian (without english interface), so...

Offline iSiscon

• J-Starter
  • Renommée: 14
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: January 23, 2012, 05:08:02 PM »
According to this site http://venturebeat.com/2012/01/22/mediafire-megaupload-business-model-piracy/

Quote (selected)
But Derek Labian, CEO of popular cloud-based file-hosting site MediaFire, told VentureBeat in an interview today that he isn’t too concerned about the government going after his company because, unlike Megaupload, MediaFire doesn’t incentivize piracy.

“We don’t have a business built on copyright infringement.” Labain said. “Like many other cloud-based sharing services like Box.net and Dropbox, we’re a legitimate business targeting professionals.”

Don't you think that mediafire is still safe?
Anyway, do you have other suggestion site for uploading? Dropbox is quite nice in my opinion.

Offline silverado

• Administrator
  • J-Titan
    • View Profile
    • Manga Underground
« Reply #79 on: January 23, 2012, 04:50:30 PM »
No. Simply find another file host.

Offline T1

• The H Emperor
  • J-Master
  • Renommée: 78
    • View Profile
    • Que Bono?!
« Reply #78 on: January 23, 2012, 04:48:58 PM »
You know an easy way to bypass this is just to rename the files. Spirito, you do it already. You just use initials which is also a good way to do it.

I know hentai groups use different naming since their stuff gets taken down (well they deserve it for using fileshosters like depotfiles, filesonic, fileserve etcetc places where you get money the more people that downloads)

So calling them something else or like Spirito said, pass protecting them should be fine too.

Offline silverado

• Administrator
  • J-Titan
    • View Profile
    • Manga Underground
Re: Megaupload taken down by the Feds, and my topics and threads
« Reply #77 on: January 23, 2012, 04:44:47 PM »
It was the first link to list VPNs that I could find. VPNs usually operate from multiple countries. Simply chose one where the headquarter is outside the states.

Offline Spiritovod

• J-Legend
    • View Profile
Re: Discuss File Hosts & VPNs Here!
« Reply #76 on: January 23, 2012, 04:35:04 PM »
Filesonic is out of business for sure after that:
"Vobile a leading provider of content identification and management services, today announced that Filesonic, a leader in cloud storage solutions, will be deploying Vobile vCloud9 to check all files when they are uploaded to its site - including compressed files - for copyright infringement before users are able to share them publicly."

Offline Spiritovod

• J-Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: January 23, 2012, 04:32:54 PM »
Just make sure to avoid american VPNs.
So why have you posted an american VPN service in near topic? Actually, most of the good known VPN services are hosted and provided by american companies. So, no thanks, I'll better avoid all this VPN shit by any mean.

Offline silverado

• Administrator
  • J-Titan
    • View Profile
    • Manga Underground
! ! WARNING TO ALL UPLOADERS - DO NOT USE MEDIAFIRE.com ! !
« Reply #74 on: January 23, 2012, 04:14:10 PM »
I officially warn you guys, DO NOT USE MEDIAFIRE.COM! It is the next big file host on the crack down list.

I've had good experience with

http://www.Depositfiles.com

http://www.4shared.com (only good for small files).

http://fileape.com/

http://filedude.com and

http://www.2shared.com/

Their up-rate seems to be better than others, so for now those five are good alternatives!
Especially fileape and filedude, which have no waiting time, between downloads.

Offline silverado

• Administrator
  • J-Titan
    • View Profile
    • Manga Underground
Re: Discuss File Hosts Here!
« Reply #73 on: January 23, 2012, 04:00:16 PM »
Ok, I will turn this topic into a Discuss VPN services.

Offline silverado

• Administrator
  • J-Titan
    • View Profile
    • Manga Underground
« Reply #72 on: January 23, 2012, 03:58:05 PM »
The Internet started blocking the United States of America!

http://ohnotheydidnt.livejournal.com/65920166.html

Oh, the irony!

Offline silverado

• Administrator
  • J-Titan
    • View Profile
    • Manga Underground
« Reply #71 on: January 23, 2012, 03:47:11 PM »
s it is, I'm not even sure that pulling all servers and hosting from the US will keep them safe. IRC can be easily targeted too. Even though the server masks your IP, the moment you download something you establish a direct connection to that person and all masking goes out the window. In other words...we are really screwed if they start enforcing the law like this. I don't think they'll target manga sites that much since there won't be anyone filling their pockets and urging them to take action, but DDL would be damn near impossible for sites like this one.

@raptorfalcon

1. Buy a Virtual Private Network, for 50$ dollars a year you can surf safely with encrypted out- and inbound traffic. Just make sure to avoid american VPNs.

2. MF and RS WILL take measures to delete all warez they can find. Especially RS has lately shown a zero tolerance policy.

3. When SOPA etc. gets through, all legal costs to take down a server will shrink to virtually zero. All it takes is 1 letter from an attorney to take down WHOLE network of servers. It pressures the webhosts into a zero tolerance policy.

4. P2P won't help, because all ISPs would still be required to check for outgoing copyright infringing material. You need a VPN which gets you right back to number 1.

Offline psicomenace

• J-Titan
  • Renommée: 477
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: January 23, 2012, 01:30:48 PM »
Seems like with all the bs going on, in a couple of weeks we will going back to irc and torrents (or magnet links), or Sites might have to go back to Direct downloading. Also I read that Uploaded.to started blocking US ip addresses  :huh: .

Edit: it appears annonymous is on an attack spree.
Sorry, please read the forum rules to see why you can't view spoilers and why you can't post in this forum section. Thank you!
Long life to annonymous :spurt: :XD: :wahaha:, so, each host site is in danger? Without exception apart maybe MF & RS? :huh: not even with P2P softwares we're safe? :huh:

Offline raptorfalcon

• Final Boss!
  • J-Addict
  • Renommée: 221
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: January 23, 2012, 12:49:21 PM »
*sigh* As much as I root for their revenge spree, it's pretty pointless. I'm pretty sure mediafire and rapidshare will take some measures to save themselves soon. As it is, I'm not even sure that pulling all servers and hosting from the US will keep them safe. IRC can be easily targeted too. Even though the server masks your IP, the moment you download something you establish a direct connection to that person and all masking goes out the window. In other words...we are really screwed if they start enforcing the law like this.

I don't think they'll target manga sites that much since there won't be anyone filling their pockets and urging them to take action, but DDL would be damn near impossible for sites like this one.

Offline Nanaya2007

• J-Hero
  • Renommée: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: January 23, 2012, 09:10:06 AM »
The filehosting company, its servers, its owners and its workers should exist abroad in a country that cannot be touched by those guys.

Offline nesfe

• J-Begger
  • J-Hardcore
  • Renommée: 521
  • People are Sheep, individuals are wolves
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: January 23, 2012, 08:09:12 AM »
I just lost my filesonic premuim account. Good thing i only had 13 days left (orginally got one year premuim account).
Question, If the File hosting site is located in china, Can they still go after it ? I mean wasn't the point of starting file sharing sites in china to avoid legal action.  :huh:

Offline nesfe

• J-Begger
  • J-Hardcore
  • Renommée: 521
  • People are Sheep, individuals are wolves
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: January 23, 2012, 07:52:19 AM »
Seems like with all the bs going on, in a couple of weeks we will going back to irc and torrents (or magnet links), or Sites might have to go back to Direct downloading. Also I read that Uploaded.to started blocking US ip addresses  :huh: .

Edit: it appears annonymous is on an attack spree.
Sorry, please read the forum rules to see why you can't view spoilers and why you can't post in this forum section. Thank you!

Offline burst1

• J-Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: January 23, 2012, 07:48:46 AM »
Well, it simply means that US webhosts are becoming more unattractive and they are going to lose a lot of customers.

Which will lead to a direct conflict between hosters and the industry of the entertainment in the US.

Also, Taringa will open again and use another server in case it gets closed.

Offline silverado

• Administrator
  • J-Titan
    • View Profile
    • Manga Underground
« Reply #64 on: January 23, 2012, 07:33:26 AM »
Twitter is also DOWN due to "Maintenance". In other words they are probably introducing filters to ban users spreading links to sites with copyrighted material.

Offline silverado

• Administrator
  • J-Titan
    • View Profile
    • Manga Underground
« Reply #63 on: January 23, 2012, 07:21:36 AM »
Well, it simply means that US webhosts are becoming more unattractive and they are going to lose a lot of customers.

Offline rubedo6

• J-Starter
  • Renommée: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: January 23, 2012, 07:19:41 AM »
I'm really worried about this situation, what can we do? Now the FBI has a new target, it´s taringa, an spanish website that has many copyright material....
Damn it feels as the mayan prophecies are coming true.......

Offline silverado

• Administrator
  • J-Titan
    • View Profile
    • Manga Underground
« Reply #61 on: January 23, 2012, 07:14:23 AM »
From their website: "Filesonic joins the Internet Watch Foundation to combat online criminal content. They join over 100 companies from across the world in the fight against online child sexual abuse content."

Such a joke! They are disguising fear of profit losses as a fight against child abuse.

Offline Nanaya2007

• J-Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: January 23, 2012, 07:14:02 AM »
That sucks. Well, nobody's going to be using filesonic after this monthly cycle ends.

They choose to have no customers.

Offline 6294086

• Winny Club Premium Uploader
  • J-Addict
  • Renommée: 185
  • Read the forum rules before PM-ing me !
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: January 23, 2012, 07:02:51 AM »
Just on in case if someone still don't know...

FILESONIC is also DEAD !!!  :p!ssed:

When you try to download a file which are uploaded by others, you'll see this message :

"All sharing functionality on FileSonic is now disabled. Our service can only be used to upload and retrieve files that you have uploaded personally. "

Offline silverado

• Administrator
  • J-Titan
    • View Profile
    • Manga Underground
« Reply #58 on: January 23, 2012, 06:50:04 AM »
They use Paypal, don't they know that Paypal is known to notoriously withhold collected funds for websites? DO NOT DONATE via Paypal, because your money MIGHT NOT REACH them!

Offline bskbob

• J-Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 23, 2012, 06:35:41 AM »
word on the streets anonymous working on a new file hoster

LINK DELETED BY ADMIN. DO NOT POST LINKS TO SITE WHERE YOU ARE NOT SURE THAT THEY ARE GENIUINE.

Offline burst1

• J-Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 23, 2012, 06:19:10 AM »
Now all Filesonic links are a problem.   
All sharing functionality is now disabled. You can only download files you uploaded personally.   

Filesonic sucks ass anyway, and there's hundreds of websites like this one.

Offline wanlily

• J-Starter
  • Renommée: 7
    • View Profile
    • Brother running The Boston Marathon to raise $ for cancer.
« Reply #55 on: January 23, 2012, 05:50:30 AM »
Guess who's come out on a massive revenge spree for the megaupload take down? Anonymous! Is it wrong that I'm actually really happy about this?

Offline RS456

• J-Starter
  • Renommée: 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 23, 2012, 05:48:55 AM »
Now all Filesonic links are a problem.   
All sharing functionality is now disabled. You can only download files you uploaded personally.