Funds $189 | Needed $160
Like the community? Enjoy reading manga?
Then click on the small donation banner! Thx!

125%

Author Topic: MUST READ ! LIST OF GOOD FILE HOSTS !!  (Read 80060 times)

Offline silverado

• Administrator
  • J-Titan
  • Renommée: 396
    • View Profile
    • Manga Underground
Re: Mirrorstack - File Mirroring Site
« Reply #53 on: January 22, 2012, 08:28:34 PM »
Hi, I'm going to merge your topic with the free file host topic in winny club, where it will find higher exposure.

Offline silverado

• Administrator
  • J-Titan
    • View Profile
    • Manga Underground
Re: Megaupload taken down by the Feds, and my topics and threads
« Reply #52 on: January 22, 2012, 06:23:31 PM »
You don't need to reupload everything. Just upload what you like and what maybe is wanted.

This is one of the reasons why it is important to push those bills back where they came from. They are a serious threat to all internet. Megauplad was one of the last bastions for easy file sharing. The bills also forbid services like google ads and paypal to be used by any party even remotely linked to file sharing and gray activities. Those bills threaten all website and community owners.

Offline mirrorstack

• J-Starter
  • Renommée: 0
    • View Profile
Mirrorstack - File Mirroring Site
« Reply #51 on: January 22, 2012, 06:22:28 PM »
Hello everyone,

I am the owner of
Sorry, please read the forum rules to see why you can't view spoilers and why you can't post in this forum section. Thank you!
I have created this topic for different issues regarding the mirrorstack.com site. The site is pretty new and i would appreciate if you guys could point out bugs/problems when you are using it so that i can fix them and offer a better service.

Offline Renegade334

• ** RETIRING **
  • Silver Dragon
  • Renommée: 6190
  • Do NOT ask me how to see DL links. READ THE RULES!
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 22, 2012, 05:32:57 PM »
Sorry, please read the forum rules to see why you can't view spoilers and why you can't post in this forum section. Thank you!

Natsuyume taken down too.
I can't believe this...

Natsuyume has done this before - putting a department of justice / whatever seal on the front page and claiming that the website was taken down by the Feds and that the owners were on the run from the authorities. -_-

I was very surprised when I saw this information thursday !!
I'm the webmaster of Cover-land.net and, as Animeraider, I used Megaupload exclusively too. So all the links are down.
It's not the same amount as him, but ... 10.000 links !!

I don't know what I'll do, but I don't have the motivation to upload what it takes me around 2 years (I was uploading slowly but surely).
So, I don't know, and I don't want to refix all the links with another filehoster to see it closed too.

I know what you mean. I'm kind of experiencing the same feeling of discouragement, though I believe it'll only be temporary. But holy crap on a stick...for me, just reloading what I've uploaded on MU during the past few weeks/days is a hefty commitment of resources I might not even have in the first place (esp. time)...

Offline 6294086

• Winny Club Premium Uploader
  • J-Addict
  • Renommée: 185
  • Read the forum rules before PM-ing me !
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 22, 2012, 03:41:21 PM »
It is really disgusting to see there are those in US who are unlimitedly greedy and all they think is profit, profit and profit !

I would really love to see those assholes having all kinds of misery/disease/accident and other bad things throughout their entire lives and beyond !!!  :p!ssed:

Since they're making things harder and harder for other people on purpose; I'm personally sure that they're going to get what they're deserved in one way or another.

I'm not particularly attached to any religion but I do believe in the natural law of retribution; no matter how powerful these people are.

Anyway, I'm glad to see that some of other websites have started using other alternative filehosts...

Offline copyninja

• J-Regular
  • Renommée: 57
    • View Profile
    • Cover-Land
« Reply #48 on: January 22, 2012, 06:39:15 AM »
I was very surprised when I saw this information thursday !!
I'm the webmaster of Cover-land.net and, as Animeraider, I used Megaupload exclusively too. So all the links are down.
It's not the same amount as him, but ... 10.000 links !!

I don't know what I'll do, but I don't have the motivation to upload what it takes me around 2 years (I was uploading slowly but surely).
So, I don't know, and I don't want to refix all the links with another filehoster to see it closed too.

Offline DarkDooM

• Godfather of jCafe
  • J-Titan
  • Renommée: 2487
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 22, 2012, 06:30:32 AM »
dont forget about ACTA here

it will affect the whole of europe
and the best is, its gonna be signed in 5 days xD

Offline Lightysnake

• GWR Team
  • J-Regular
  • Renommée: 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 22, 2012, 04:18:49 AM »
SOPA was never meant to pass. It is PIPA you should all worry about! This is called a double loaded gun: the issuer of the bill focuses the majority of the opposition on a futile bill as distraction, while the real shot hits you after the peak of resistance has passed. If ANY of those bills get passed, it simply means that scanlations will cease to exist completely, because no US webhost will allow you to host even remotely copyright protected material, not even raws. And it also means that all online manga readers, as well as scanlation groups asking for donations via paypal etc. will cease to be able to raise any kind of funding and be solely unable to run a website without exposing their own creditcard number and details. It means the complete collapse of the internet world as we know it.

No. PIPA is also more or less screwed here.

In order for a bill to become law, it must pass in both the Senate and the House in identical form.

Offline silverado

• Administrator
  • J-Titan
    • View Profile
    • Manga Underground
« Reply #45 on: January 22, 2012, 03:22:14 AM »
SOPA was never meant to pass. It is PIPA you should all worry about! This is called a double loaded gun: the issuer of the bill focuses the majority of the opposition on a futile bill as distraction, while the real shot hits you after the peak of resistance has passed. If ANY of those bills get passed, it simply means that scanlations will cease to exist completely, because no US webhost will allow you to host even remotely copyright protected material, not even raws. And it also means that all online manga readers, as well as scanlation groups asking for donations via paypal etc. will cease to be able to raise any kind of funding and be solely unable to run a website without exposing their own creditcard number and details. It means the complete collapse of the internet world as we know it.

Offline Lightysnake

• GWR Team
  • J-Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 22, 2012, 03:17:11 AM »
Wanna stop the intrusion of the feds into the internet and save America at the same time? impossible you ask? Vote Ron Paul 2012 mofos!!! he will repeal SOPA and many more god awful $#it.

1. Ron Paul can't repeal a thing there. That's the providence of Congress or the Supreme Court. And you think states won't continue with it? If Florida passes the same law, you're still screwed

2. SOPA DID NOT PASS. You can't repeal a law that didn't fucking EXIST

a little question about this video since im not that good in understanding native english speakers

does that mean that uploaders of illegal stuff to megaupload that live in the UK are fucked or all around the world?

No. This guy is an ignorant little fuck who has no idea what he's talking about.

Offline noal

• J-Hero
  • Renommée: 25
    • View Profile
Re: Post your favorite file hosts here!
« Reply #43 on: January 22, 2012, 12:05:32 AM »
afaik, only mediafire and ifile.it support download resume, no captcha and no waiting time for non-paying users so those are my favorite filehosting service.

Offline DarkDooM

• Godfather of jCafe
  • J-Titan
  • Renommée: 2487
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 21, 2012, 11:59:54 PM »
a little question about this video since im not that good in understanding native english speakers

does that mean that uploaders of illegal stuff to megaupload that live in the UK are fucked or all around the world?

Offline tsukikageran

• J-Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 21, 2012, 03:57:13 PM »
Natsuyume LOOKS to be back up... :yay:

Offline Animeraider

• Yes, I am THAT Animeraider
  • J-Legend
  • Renommée: 1943
  • I live in a pub-crawl through Roppongi in my mind
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 21, 2012, 03:49:42 PM »
Wanna stop the intrusion of the feds into the internet and save America at the same time? impossible you ask? Vote Ron Paul 2012 mofos!!! he will repeal SOPA and many more god awful $#it.

ooooh, we got RonRolled  :spurt:

Offline Aaroniro

• J-Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 21, 2012, 03:42:27 PM »

Offline michi2026

• J-Starter
  • Renommée: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 21, 2012, 02:28:55 PM »
so maybe natsuyume might coming back?? why this is happening?? i don't understand...  :huh:

Offline Animeraider

• Yes, I am THAT Animeraider
  • J-Legend
  • Renommée: 1943
  • I live in a pub-crawl through Roppongi in my mind
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 21, 2012, 02:16:56 PM »
I have been told by the people who run natsuyume that it is down only as a protest measure to raise awareness of the issue among their members.

I go to dozens of sites every day and today no one uploaded anything new.  :p!ssed:

[update] I cannot speak for what's going to happen at natsuyme next, nor here. I'm not in charge in either place.

Offline michi2026

• J-Starter
  • Renommée: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 21, 2012, 11:52:38 AM »
natsuyume not coming back ever??

Offline psicomenace

• J-Titan
  • Renommée: 477
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 21, 2012, 10:12:43 AM »

I can't believe this...

No way :spurt: :spurt: this is real? :huh: :p!ssed:

Offline bakacat

• J-Regular
  • Renommée: 63
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 21, 2012, 09:55:25 AM »

I can't believe this...

Offline Spiritovod

• >:3
  • J-Legend
  • Renommée: 1582
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 21, 2012, 03:55:43 AM »
Agreed, my spyware&malware scanner (not antivirus/firewall) is telling me that there is a strange network activity after clicking on a certain links there. Therefore links to the sites has been removed.

Offline bungaku

• J-Addict
  • Renommée: 415
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 21, 2012, 03:27:38 AM »
I don't know how genuine this is but we'll see in a few days or so.  For now it keeps on going up and down.

I would remove that link; it's a confirmed phishing site (lololol「pishing」).

Also, I'll do what I can today with reuploading; UL speed is utter shit though, but I have nothing better to do today but Katawa Shoujo.

Offline RS456

• J-Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 21, 2012, 03:19:53 AM »
I don't know how genuine this is but we'll see in a few days or so.  For now it keeps on going up and down. 

The links removed due to suspicious and potentially dangerous content of the sites.

Offline Namidaame

• J-Addict
  • Renommée: 76
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: January 20, 2012, 11:57:59 PM »
I feel sick to my stomach thinking about all the hard work and effort put in by so many j24 uploaders and scanners gone in an instant. I hope MU is able to recover in another location soon.

I fear this is only part of a bigger picture. It's about what you will be allowed to see, hear and say on the Net and who determines it. Filthy greedy politicians are selling you down the river at the behest of their corporate enablers.

This isn't just about you're right to download and read manga. It's about the lust for power and control. In the US between the "Patriot Act" and the "National Defense Act of 2012" which Obama just signed into law, all they need is a concocted "state of emergency" and they can shut down the net or replace it with a more heavily monitored and censored version. I'm sure other nations of the world have similar plans in place. Can the "Ministry of Truth" and the "Ministry of Love" be far behind. Frightening times indeed.

Offline Suiram

• J-Regular
  • Renommée: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 20, 2012, 11:34:48 PM »
 I can't honestly express my feelings about this mess. Megaupload was the best there was and it being taken down feels like a stab to the liver... Hurts as hell but you will probably survive... Frankly I was expecting the law to take down the uploaders not the business. This is so wrong... I weep for us and others that relied heavily on it.

Offline Snowblade

• J-Starter
  • Renommée: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 20, 2012, 10:49:08 PM »
Right. Hard times lie ahead but we will survive through the hardships. Stay together!

Offline nesfe

• J-Begger
  • J-Hardcore
  • Renommée: 521
  • People are Sheep, individuals are wolves
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 20, 2012, 07:45:27 PM »
Maybe you guys can set up something like minitheatre does, where each user states what series he/she is going to reupload [if he/she wants to]. Just some organizing to be more efficient  :kaede: . I have about a terrabyte and a half of manga (raw/english), I'll reupload what i can, when i can. We will survive  :banzai: .

Offline baldulf2024

• J-Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 20, 2012, 07:35:42 PM »
And who can assure that tomorrow another filesharing site got taken down arbitrary too?

Megaupload was only the first of many, that's for sure.

Offline noal

• J-Hero
  • Renommée: 25
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 20, 2012, 07:15:00 PM »
And who can assure that tomorrow another filesharing site got taken down arbitrary too? This was too sudden dammit.  :o.o...:

Luckily I have archived some of my favorite manga, raw, I'll try to upload those and post on the relevant thread. Now the problem is where to find them among my mess of files... :p

Offline luckyhuh?

• J-Hero
  • Renommée: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 20, 2012, 07:12:09 PM »
UUu i sincerely feel for you and the other moderators it's a enormous task  :sob:, however even though you are a big provider bless you  :pushup: there is still the possibility that some of the information will be lost,  since some previous members that were contributors are not active anymore.

the bills are bogus and that's what worries me, as the community could be shut down just because of the simple fact that we discussed said material  :dark:, it's vague very vague in some aspects, sigh  now i will go and harass my stupid moronic senator for the state of Texas and one of the bigger supporter of this embarrassment of a bill  Rep. Lamar Smith  :o.o...:  man no wonder this mofo and and all of the representative supporting this  don't  know squat about how the internet works, save to used it  for political campaign, dagnet  :gabu: