Funds $5 | Needed $120
Like the community? Enjoy reading manga?
Then click on the small donation banner! Thx!

6%

Author Topic: MUST READ ! LIST OF GOOD FILE HOSTS !!  (Read 72545 times)

Online ramenchef

• J-Recruit
  • Renommée: 40
    • View Profile
Re: List of good free file hosts
« Reply #393 on: April 03, 2012, 01:39:45 PM »
you guys should try out ddlani.me, it's pretty low profile and has good speeds.

Offline Goral

• Firefly/Serenity fanatic
  • GWR Team
  • J-Regular
  • Renommée: 22
    • View Profile
    • MiB scanlations
ifile.it sucks. Me and my friend have uploaded 350 MB batch file of Claymore manga and it didn't even last for a month, whereas it's still available on Bayfiles and Rapidshare. Probably Fileserve would also be better as well as 180upload.

Offline Andrew85

• J-Hero
  • Renommée: 69
    • View Profile
http://www.share4web.com
I think hosting period and reliability is more important in our case.
 Well, for this site, hosting period look good for now - 120 days from last download date for all sizes of files (strangely, this info is in their FAQ but site there named as unibytes.com), registrars + servers - Russia(?). Drawback is .com domain. I don't know if their blocking some country and their actual policy in regard to copyright materials.

Offline D3DIZ

• Former J-Freemium Downloader :P
  • J-Titan
  • Renommée: 49
  • (Still) Looking for that great escape.
    • View Profile
Found this one.

http://www.share4web.com

The biggest you can upload is 2bg. There are no limits on how much you can download or upload.

Offline Motsu

• J-Recruit
  • Renommée: 25
    • View Profile
Fileserving?
The domain name was registered with GoDaddy (US based company), it won't be hard to shutdown the site. Oh, and I love their "private" policy  :spurt: Well, at least they're honest.

Offline kainord

• J-Hero
  • Renommée: 21
    • View Profile
Fileserving?

tryed only a day ago but it was relative fast, the download was 3-500 kbs and no waiting between downloads.

Offline Motsu

• J-Recruit
    • View Profile
Anyone hear of Gigabase?
It blocks users with US IP.

Offline D3DIZ

• Former J-Freemium Downloader :P
  • J-Titan
  • Renommée: 49
  • (Still) Looking for that great escape.
    • View Profile
Anyone hear of Gigabase? As far as I know there are no wait times. The Maximum upload size is 2bg. Depending on the file size and how much it's been downloaded will determine how long it stays up.

http://www.gigabase.com/page/faq

Offline Spiritovod

• >:3
  • J-Legend
  • Renommée: 1582
    • View Profile
Re: LIST OF RECOMMENDED FILEHOSTS - AVOID OF MEDIAFIRE.COM FOR SERIES UPLOADS!
« Reply #385 on: February 29, 2012, 04:46:58 AM »
PP = paypal ?
transfer your files from MF automatically = one link at one time? is it impossible to use MF shared folder link?
well, does DMCA apply to MF?  i have no idea as i only use MF all along.
1) Yes, I mean the Paypal.
2) Like I've already said, I don't know, since I didn't use their premium service. But since they're offering money back within 14 days, you can "test" their premium service and its features and if you will not like it, just cancel the subscription.
3) Especially to the MF. Basically, if we're talking about DMCA, file hostings are divided into 2 groups - those which has a certain relations with copyrights holders and which are deleting files on simplified requests; and those which are "supporting" DMCA just on the surface and which are requesting court orders or something to delete the files. And now MF belongs to the first group due to the recent developments.     

Offline Motsu

• J-Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: February 29, 2012, 03:58:32 AM »
From my point of view, multi-mirror uploaders do more harm than good. Almost every filehosting gives download lifetime for a file based on its last download. More choices at same time shortens the lifetime of the files.
It would be better just to have one or two trusted filehosts in separate countries, rather than to rely on same shitty hosts, that will delete your files anyway.

Spiritovod in his pro/con list of russian filehost forgot to mention one more thing. Yandex doesn't pay for downloads or even have premium services. So most warez sites (music and movies) aren't interested in this at all.

Offline silverado

• Administrator
  • J-Titan
  • Renommée: 395
    • View Profile
    • Manga Underground
« Reply #383 on: February 28, 2012, 10:00:35 PM »
I found another good mass mirror uploader, which allows you to upload 300mb

http://www.uploadonall.com/

Any tester?

Offline hapinasu

• J-Member
  • Renommée: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: February 28, 2012, 08:42:23 PM »
@Spiritovod , i see. 
PP = paypal ? 
transfer your files from MF automatically = one link at one time? is it impossible to use MF shared folder link?
well, does DMCA apply to MF?  i have no idea as i only use MF all along.
TIA!

Offline Spiritovod

• J-Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: February 28, 2012, 05:25:58 PM »
I want to see info on advanced file importer tool and more importantly prices for premium account which is not shown anywhere. 
moreover, i am worried abut DMCA. ifile says "•Any files that are removed are added to a file filter (based on md5 hashing of the file) to prevent the exact same file from being uploaded again. " i do not know whether my files are safe anot. T-T
They've just closed anonymous access to the service (i.e. to the upload functionality) after that accident with the group of publishers to secure new uploads, so you need a free account to take a look at their prices and such. Anyway, 30days premium costs 5€ (they're accepting PP, credit cards and one more payment processor). 
About that DMCA thing - actually almost all hostings (maybe except some chinese ones) are following this act in one way or another, so always there is possibility that some of your files will be deleted. And it was, like, starting from the 2001..? I'm not saying that it's the best option out there, but you've asked for a place where you could transfer your files from MF automatically, and it was the first thing that came in mind.

Offline hapinasu

• J-Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: February 28, 2012, 11:48:10 AM »
@Spiritovod, i see. thanks very much for the tip -  ifile! i did not know it at all.

BUT I still remain skeptical as on Premium accounts information page, every feature i click on only shows

"Sign in
Sign in using your email address

Gmail    Hotmail       Yahoo mail      Aol Mail
Or, type your email address
"

:S

I want to see info on advanced file importer tool and more importantly prices for premium account which is not shown anywhere.  
moreover, i am worried abut DMCA. ifile says "•Any files that are removed are added to a file filter (based on md5 hashing of the file) to prevent the exact same file from being uploaded again. " i do not know whether my files are safe anot. T-T

anyway, keep me informed about any more sites which got file importing from mediafire for premium accounts. TIA!!

edit: i just found out info on ifile
http://torrentfreak.com/book-publishers-shut-down-library-nu-and-ifile-it-120215/
- dated February 15, 2012
seem like ifile cannot be counted on?

Offline Spiritovod

• J-Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: February 28, 2012, 02:26:24 AM »
Next, is JDownloader better than IDM? I heard IDM is better due to higher speed dl.
I just copy like 100 direct dl links and set JDownloader to 2 - 5 simultaneous downloads. Is it acceptable? i have over 5K of files which range between few mb to 200mb per file. I am on 10mbps and i think it may take me 1 month to finish it?  for real?

JDownloader works better for me and it's easier to handle with, but it depends on your PC - if it's fast enough, it will take around 30-40 hours to download ~100GB for you. But it's only for a premium account, because their downloading speeds are quite low for free accounts.

Also, ifile supports file importing from mediafire for premium accounts, but I didn't use it by myself, so I'm not sure how exactly it works.

Offline hapinasu

• J-Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: February 28, 2012, 01:50:39 AM »
wah. i guess yours is more than 10mpbs. i am still looking for someone who got higher speed like fiber than mine (locally) and can help me out but no to avail. T-T

anyway, thanks so much!! I get pro account then.

Offline silverado

• Administrator
  • J-Titan
    • View Profile
    • Manga Underground
« Reply #377 on: February 27, 2012, 10:30:14 PM »
I just downloaded 40gb from mediafire using jdownloader with 2 downloads on 8 threads in a couple of hours. The problem are small files. If you have 5k of files, jdownloaders has to go through the waiting time of download request, verification, download, complete etc. For each single download, every single file. So of course it will take ages to either upload or download your stuff. If you really want to have a drive backup i suggest you to different file hosts. Dropbox for very small files, mediafire pro etc for big files.

Offline hapinasu

• J-Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: February 27, 2012, 08:51:04 PM »
@Spiritovod, i ♥ you! finally, a real reply. (TT )

i see. then, i get pro account - 100 000MB/mth for content distribution - direct dl without going to mediafire site. the problem is 100 000MB which i do not get.

100 000MB = 100GB
so is it possible to have direct dl to the rest of my 163GB data (i deleted some files in case you might see i mentioned 164GB earlier) after deleting 100GB -files which have been downloaded to my hdd already?

Next, is JDownloader better than IDM? I heard IDM is better due to higher speed dl.
I just copy like 100 direct dl links and set JDownloader to 2 - 5 simultaneous downloads. Is it acceptable? i have over 5K of files which range between few mb to 200mb per file. I am on 10mbps and i think it may take me 1 month to finish it?  for real?

Is there any site which use remote file transfer? Adrive got but it is only 1 link at 1 time which is so time-consuming.

TIA! ♥

Offline Renegade334

• ** RETIRING **
  • Silver Dragon
  • Renommée: 6190
  • Do NOT ask me how to see DL links. READ THE RULES!
    • View Profile
« Reply #375 on: February 27, 2012, 08:20:40 PM »
One site that has very recently caught my attention is uploadur.com (yes, I know - it's a .com website, which means DNS ban-vulnerable, no need to repeat it again). I had 300-500kb/s on one download and the service offers 120 days of reprieve for inactive files. The FAQ indicates that premium users do not have waiting times and have unlimited download privileges, but I have yet to fully test it and see what exactly are those set limits (hourly quotas, perhaps?) for the FREE, unregistered users.

EDIT: "Our server currently processing numerous request. Upload and Download speed is limited"
Well, that's promising... -_-

Offline Spiritovod

• J-Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: February 27, 2012, 07:23:33 PM »
i tried to use IDM and JDownloader (my first time to use them) for bulk file download. but alas, they failed to work, wasting my bandwidth and causing a dramatic rise - 932( how come it is too much!! I used one folder - 170 files.) in Total Downloads Served while most files were not downloaded yet. it was due to recaptcha and i do not understand why some files were seen as html instead.
Since you have free Mediafire account, it will be better if you'll set JDownloader to one simultaneous download from a one filehosting (it's set to 3 by default, you can change it at the bottom of every tab - Max Connections and Max Downloads to 1). I know that MF supports more than 1 simultaneous download, but that is where those errors are coming from most of the times. Besides, if you have slow download speeds, try to download less amount of files at once (for example, ~100 files with total size less than 10Gb) if possible, it should help too.
That toolbar was designed for premium members, so don't expect much from it - but anyway, you should not face those problems, just some limitations related to the free account.   

WUpload, which I mentioned before, offers a longer reprieve for those un-downloaded files: a good 60 days. But my main gripe is that they limit the maximum filesize to 100Mb.
Well, the only two reliable hostings for me are Mediafire and ifile.it atm, but the second one already suffered from a huge amount of uploads and therefore it now looks more like Uploaded.to (though their storage times are still NNNG, more than half a year for small files).
If they'll close MF, I'll be forced to move on local (russian) hostings only.
Sorry, please read the forum rules to see why you can't view spoilers and why you can't post in this forum section. Thank you!

Sorry, please read the forum rules to see why you can't view spoilers and why you can't post in this forum section. Thank you!

Offline hapinasu

• J-Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: February 27, 2012, 11:02:01 AM »
i urgently need advice from experienced mediafire downloaders!!

i tried to use IDM and JDownloader (my first time to use them) for bulk file download. but alas, they failed to work, wasting my bandwidth and causing a dramatic rise - 932( how come it is too much!! I used one folder - 170 files.) in Total Downloads Served while most files were not downloaded yet. it was due to recaptcha and i do not understand why some files were seen as html instead.

last night, i tested mediafire toolbar which was supposed to download multiple files at once but it did not work too. got error - connection error for most of files which failed to be download.

i am so fed up but i need to download my files from my account(164 GB) due to no copy in my hdd.  :p!ssed:

i am thinking of getting Pro plan for Content Distribution to make it easier for me to download directly. however i am scared that i might face similar error above.

anyway, is there such service like server helping to download for me at a fee and then I can download them from the server? help!! TIA!

Offline DarkDooM

• Godfather of jCafe
  • J-Titan
  • Renommée: 2485
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: February 26, 2012, 09:05:56 PM »
@DarkDooM: for as far as I can remember, RapidShare offered very good download speeds, even for the unregistered. When trying to get large files I always looked for RS links first before shifting my gaze to MU/FileServe/FileSonic. But now it's become a joke.

i downloaded a file from it yesterday and as i said full speed and no waiting

And why in Gehenna's name is MirrorCreator always reducing the number of available mirrors for each upload? Before it was 14, then 12, 10 and now 8? J.H. Christ...

i use prem there since its free but... its gone down to 10 even for premiums o.O
at the beginning you had 25 lol

Offline Renegade334

• ** RETIRING **
  • Silver Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: February 26, 2012, 08:26:10 PM »
@DarkDooM: for as far as I can remember, RapidShare offered very good download speeds, even for the unregistered. When trying to get large files I always looked for RS links first before shifting my gaze to MU/FileServe/FileSonic. But now it's become a joke.

@Spiritovod: WUpload, which I mentioned before, offers a longer reprieve for those un-downloaded files: a good 60 days. But my main gripe is that they limit the maximum filesize to 100Mb. *groan*

Continuing my thoughts from my previous post, I can't believe just how many of those "All of our free-download capacities are exhausted currently" messages I've received on uploaded.to - this little twerp of a message pops up almost every ten/fifteen minutes. I'm seriously starting to think they're doing it on purpose to compel users to buy premium accounts...

And why in Gehenna's name is MirrorCreator always reducing the number of available mirrors for each upload? Before it was 14, then 12, 10 and now 8? J.H. Christ...

Offline Spiritovod

• J-Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: February 26, 2012, 06:52:31 PM »
180upload - no captcha, no waiting, decent speed.
Quote (selected)
- For how much time files are stored on the server?

files are stored on the server as long as they are in use
if no one will download/watch them, after 20 days they will be deleted
files that has low usage may be deleted even before...
:gah2:   No thanks.

Offline Goral

• Firefly/Serenity fanatic
  • GWR Team
  • J-Regular
  • Renommée: 22
    • View Profile
    • MiB scanlations
« Reply #369 on: February 26, 2012, 06:44:01 PM »
180upload - no captcha, no waiting, decent speed. Currently my favourite.

Offline DarkDooM

• Godfather of jCafe
  • J-Titan
  • Renommée: 2485
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: February 26, 2012, 03:15:22 AM »
The biggest and most annoying change for me, IMHO, is Rapidshare. Yes, I know some of you will shriek about how evil they can be because they kowtow to the demands of certain authorities and thus delete files on request, but I could nevertheless NOT deny the fact that they offered some of the fastest download speeds out there - for free. And in some cases, with little waiting time.
Well, no more. Now there's a 2m30s average waiting time to observe before being allowed to download the requested file AND if you're a free, unregistered user, the download speeds (which usually topped 900kb/s for me) are now capped at 50kb/s. So I have to bitterly bid farewell to this option - and save it as last resort.

ive been wondering about this since months
everyone says how crappy rapidshares download speed is

but somehow for me (registered user but NOT premium) it downloads with maximum speed every single time without any second of waiting
i just have to click the download button and it downloads like when having a premium account
i had a premium account like 1 year ago but even after it expired i still had full dl speed :P

though the matter of deleting files after 30 days still remains >.>

Offline Renegade334

• ** RETIRING **
  • Silver Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: February 25, 2012, 10:27:42 PM »
Well, in the past few weeks it seems that some filehosts seem to have changed either their quality of service or terms of use... Or at least for those I favor/use.

WARNING: the observations made below MIGHT NOT apply to you. User experience varies on one's ISP, network setup, country, etc. See Animeraider's previous post - clearly what is one user's next best thing since sliced bread can be a steaming pile of horse manure for another.

The biggest and most annoying change for me, IMHO, is Rapidshare. Yes, I know some of you will shriek about how evil they can be because they kowtow to the demands of certain authorities and thus delete files on request, but I could nevertheless NOT deny the fact that they offered some of the fastest download speeds out there - for free. And in some cases, with little waiting time.
Well, no more. Now there's a 2m30s average waiting time to observe before being allowed to download the requested file AND if you're a free, unregistered user, the download speeds (which usually topped 900kb/s for me) are now capped at 50kb/s. So I have to bitterly bid farewell to this option - and save it as last resort.

Depositfiles...for some reason, is also getting worse. I once enjoyed decent download speeds, but today the results appear to be wildly variable. They mostly tend to loiter around an irritating <100kb/s average. On good days and depending on the file, I can still hit 100<speed<200kb/s, but it's a kind of chance-meeting I don't expect to have frequently nowadays.

Uploaded.to, the apparent popular successor to Filesonic - as far as certain overseas uploaders are concerned -...the experience varies, but half of the time I get >100kb/s or speeds comparable to Filesonic's. HOWEVER, a very annoying problem that is rising in frequency is the appearance of those "All of our free-download capacities are exhausted currently" notices.

Rapidgator is another filehost that some Japanese uploaders seem to be interested in...but up to recently it was just crap on a platter as the download button (that appears after captcha submission) usually led to a 404 or "download expired" message. It's been getting better, but in terms of QoS, it's somewhere between Uploaded.to and Depositfiles. Nothing to gawk at.

FileServe - I thought this one was diving down the drain (I was under the impression that it was going the FileSonic way - with disabled sharing), but it's still there and it still has some decent download speeds compared to the rest of the filehost landscape. In certain instances you have to wait between downloads, but in others you don't...it's kind of a coin toss, but despite that, I actually feel relieved FS is still there. I prefer it to others.

Hotfile...yeah. Still a good FH, doesn't seem to have changed much, I don't mind downloading from it at all.

Turbobit...meh. Nothing stellar, below 100kb/s.

A multi-mirror uploader that I sometimes relied on, Multiupload, seems to have gone under shortly after the MegaUpload fiasco. EmbedUpload, MirrorCreator are other services I'd turn to, but I have had a tad too many upload stalls lately to use them all the time - but that is my own experience, it might not apply to you.

Freakshare...so-so. I nevertheless rate it above Turbobit or Letitbit. More or less 100kb/s.

There is however one host that I am relatively happy with, it's WUpload. It's one of the rare hosts that seem to offer high DL speeds. I consistently hit 400kb/s speeds, but I have yet to extensively test it because it's not as popular an alternative as, say, Ul.to (uploaded.to), Turbobit, Freakshare, etc. Still, I feel quite happy when I see that this option is available.

MediaFire is what I fell back on due to sheer ease of use; it's not as fast as, say, WUpload...its new file manager page has some quirks (if an upload stalls, your next attempt to restart it will fail - unless you refresh the page, etc, etc)...but it's more than decent and there is no waiting time.

Offline WarriorKalia

• J-Starter
  • Renommée: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: February 17, 2012, 08:34:07 AM »
Tribler is just okay- it's still kinda buggy. I'm using it right now for some stuff, but the basics work. Can't figure out this channel making thing for the life of me though.

Offline silverado

• Administrator
  • J-Titan
    • View Profile
    • Manga Underground
Re: DISCUSSION AND LIST OF RECOMMENDED FILEHOSTS - BE WARY OF MEDIAFIRE.COM !
« Reply #365 on: February 12, 2012, 07:50:38 AM »
How about the new awesome decentralized bittorrent network Tribler? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tribler

And I changed the topic title to DO NOT USE MEDIAFIRE FOR SERIES UPLOADS! Because I'm tired of people being too stupid to heed warnings and seeing their uploads crash and burn.

Offline Animeraider

• Yes, I am THAT Animeraider
  • Winny Club Premium Uploader
  • J-Legend
  • Renommée: 1932
  • I live in a pub-crawl through Roppongi in my mind
    • View Profile
Re: DISCUSSION AND LIST OF RECOMMENDED FILEHOSTS - BE WARY OF MEDIAFIRE.COM !
« Reply #364 on: February 09, 2012, 02:38:37 AM »
I have been testing out various hosts and services for the past month and you know what? THEY ALL SUCK.  :p!ssed:

What one person has had a great experience with the next person has had a terrible one with. I've had people tell me that hotfile is the worst and I've almost never had a problem with them. I've had people tell me mediafire is the best and my own experiences with them were a nightmare. Rapidshare is the most mis-named service I've ever seen, and  lot of the Europe-based sites are blocking ISPs.

I have run into deleted files, slow download times, blocked ISPs with all of them, including bayfiles. I had a breathtakingly large number of uploads (I counted and even I was surprised) and I'm not going through this shit again if I can help it. Silv talks about spreading your uploads to minimize any potential issues but this doesn't really work for me.

This is a hobby, and hobbies are supposed to be fun, damn it!

Sorry for ranting - I haven't enjoyed this very much. I don't have a better answer.

Yet.  :spurt:

Offline Spiritovod

• J-Legend
    • View Profile
Re: DISCUSSION AND LIST OF RECOMMENDED FILEFOSTS - BE WARY OF MEDIAFIRE.COM !
« Reply #363 on: February 06, 2012, 05:24:38 PM »
my mirror file from other forum can be re-download just fine (date upload july 2010).
That just means 1) they've changed their storage time policy recently or 2) your link was being accessed every 14 days. Most likely, it's the first option, but I clearly see expiration date set on 2 weeks from now on for the newly uploaded file. We can't rely on such file hosting.

Offline bambang_314

• J-Member
  • Renommée: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: February 06, 2012, 05:19:34 PM »
And only 14 days storage time for free users. Thanks no. For example, here is storage times table for ifile.it (first of the recommended filehosts):

my mirror file from other forum can be re-download just fine (date upload july 2010).
ex:

sadly as far as i know it can not sharing folder

Offline Spiritovod

• J-Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: February 06, 2012, 04:41:41 PM »
big storage, no waiting time. cmiiw
And only 14 days storage time for free users. Thanks no. For example, here is storage times table for ifile.it (first of the recommended filehosts):

Offline bambang_314

• J-Member
  • Renommée: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #360 on: February 06, 2012, 08:30:59 AM »
does that means
could be put on the list of no good file hosting? it's location in ACTA signatory country

big storage, no waiting time. cmiiw

Offline Spiritovod

• J-Legend
    • View Profile
Re: DISCUSSION AND LIST OF GOOD AND BAD FREE FILEFOSTS - BE WARY OF MEDIAFIRE.CO
« Reply #359 on: February 03, 2012, 06:57:28 AM »
First post was a way confusing, so I've edited it - now, that is how helpful post for this theme should look like. If someone wants to dig into the whole question about registrars and such, he can use Google and this topic was not created for demagogy, random shitty hostings in so-called good list (nobody actually tested them, so we have freshly uploaded stuff already dead in some topics) or something. All initially posted info is still linked there for those who want to have a headache.

P.S. Oh, and we are not unicorns, so there is no point in using those rainbows for the text - two colors, [b.] and [spoiler.] tags are enough to highlight or hide the important parts of the text. 
P.P.S. And do not use any american or european VPN services, because they're logging your activities better than your internet provider.

Offline 6294086

• J-Addict
  • Renommée: 185
  • Read the forum rules before PM-ing me !
    • View Profile
Has anyone used Wupload? I use it from time to time to upload my typeset work and its really simple to use. I have no idea on how long links last though.
The servers are hosted in Netherlands.

wupload is definitely a bad freehost.

Its registrar is in US.

It also blocks/bans IP from certain countries.

Added to BAD LIST.

Offline xOWT

• J-Starter
  • Renommée: 0
    • View Profile
Has anyone used Wupload? I use it from time to time to upload my typeset work and its really simple to use. I have no idea on how long links last though.
The servers are hosted in Netherlands.

Offline 6294086

• J-Addict
    • View Profile
Let's not get our hopes up, but still...

Well, as far as I'm concerned, I don't think the gov. will allow putting the servers back online.

Definitely agree; to be more precise => those we-know-who-as***les behind the screens that benefit the most of this issue will not let government give permission to have the servers put back online...

Offline Renegade334

• ** RETIRING **
  • Silver Dragon
    • View Profile
Let's not get our hopes up, but still...

Well, as far as I'm concerned, I don't think the gov. will allow putting the servers back online.

Offline silverado

• Administrator
  • J-Titan
    • View Profile
    • Manga Underground

Offline 6294086

• J-Addict
    • View Profile
A few suggestions to your list above:

Make it more readable.

Suggest http://bayfiles.com/ as the alternative or replacement for mediafire.com

Put the good hosts without a spoiler and at the top from the list, sorted by reliability and user review as well as country safety.

Put the bad hosts under it.

Write in BIG FAT LETTERS to the uploaders: to not use passwords for every single chapter upload if avoidable and if those geniuses must use passwords, to not use some strange weird untypable passwords that nobody can remember without looking it up. This is a place to exchange links and share files while trying to not undermine host reliability. If every uploader still continues to use mediafire.com and encrypts his files, what do they do if they also start mass deleting encrypted files?

If you think you need protection, then don't rely on a single file hosts to begin with.

I've sorted the list alphabetically and deleted some unnecessary information to make it more readable.

Recommended server list has been moved to the top with bayfiles.com included.

A notice for uploaders has been put on the top.

Offline silverado

• Administrator
  • J-Titan
    • View Profile
    • Manga Underground
A few suggestions to your list above:

Make it more readable.

Suggest http://bayfiles.com/ as the alternative or replacement for mediafire.com

Put the good hosts without a spoiler and at the top from the list, sorted by reliability and user review as well as country safety.

Put the bad hosts under it.

Write in BIG FAT LETTERS to the uploaders: to not use passwords for every single chapter upload if avoidable and if those geniuses must use passwords, to not use some strange weird untypable passwords that nobody can remember without looking it up. This is a place to exchange links and share files while trying to not undermine host reliability. If every uploader still continues to use mediafire.com and encrypts his files, what do they do if they also start mass deleting encrypted files?

If you think you need protection, then don't rely on a single file hosts to begin with.

Offline 6294086

• J-Addict
    • View Profile
You can log in through "open session" button. But you can upload only through ftp and download through ftp (if linking other people, you have to include user/pass in the ftp for other people to be able to download). Or at least i was not capable of getting normal URL.
I think they're really meant as personal back up ie. just for you to upload/download and nobody else.
Either way, they're not particularly useful <_< ... i wanted to delete my account there but the button doesn't work, so i'm screwed until the fix that :/

Thanks for the info.

In that case, I'll leave in the bad list then...

Offline Chibi-Chibi

• J-Starter
  • Renommée: 3
    • View Profile
I tried several times these few days and there is not even a login button on Anonyupload website  :p!ssed:

I put them on BAD list...

You can log in through "open session" button. But you can upload only through ftp and download through ftp (if linking other people, you have to include user/pass in the ftp for other people to be able to download). Or at least i was not capable of getting normal URL.
I think they're really meant as personal back up ie. just for you to upload/download and nobody else.
Either way, they're not particularly useful <_< ... i wanted to delete my account there but the button doesn't work, so i'm screwed until the fix that :/

Offline 6294086

• J-Addict
    • View Profile
Is Rapidshare a good site? oAo/

I put in on BAD LIST even though both its registrar and servers are in GERMAN because it blocks IP address from certain countries.

It is also notorious for quickly deleting files...

Offline Selidra

• J-Starter
  • Renommée: 23
  • Go to bed D:
    • View Profile
Is Rapidshare a good site? oAo/

Offline 6294086

• J-Addict
    • View Profile
About przeklej.pl - it's shit. For free you can only download files no bigger than 10 MB (lol) and overall you can upload 100 MB (lol x2). It's written in II.5 section. There is no good, Polish filehost site. There was once but it was shut down by the police.

Thanks for the info. Since it only allowed download form file maximum of 10 MB then it's a shit.

I removed it from the list...

Replied: January 27, 2012, 07:50:20 AM
hulkshare

Thanks for the info.

Slingshot has been added to the BAD list.

hulkshare's company is in Hongkong but their servers are in Netherlands...

Replied: January 29, 2012, 09:54:13 AM
Like I said, anonyupload's Paypal account got frozen and all donations went right into Paypals pocket.

"In response, Anonyupload's self-described single backer went on the offensive, launching a Twitter flame war--some of it in French--with official Anonymous channels, and updating the Anonyupload website with this clarification: "We are not Anonymous Member, but we defend the anonymity. It's not fake! It's not a scam!" Beyond the site's lack of any official Anonymous endorsement, Anonyupload appears to be facing further challenges. For starters, PayPal closed the site's account, thus imperiling its founder's ability to lease bandwidth or purchase any servers for hosting shared files, although a notice on the website said that Anonyupload also accepts Bitcoins.

http://www.informationweek.com/news/security/privacy/232500452

I tried several times these few days and there is not even a login button on Anonyupload website  :p!ssed:

I put them on BAD list...

Offline silverado

• Administrator
  • J-Titan
    • View Profile
    • Manga Underground
Like I said, anonyupload's Paypal account got frozen and all donations went right into Paypals pocket.

"In response, Anonyupload's self-described single backer went on the offensive, launching a Twitter flame war--some of it in French--with official Anonymous channels, and updating the Anonyupload website with this clarification: "We are not Anonymous Member, but we defend the anonymity. It's not fake! It's not a scam!" Beyond the site's lack of any official Anonymous endorsement, Anonyupload appears to be facing further challenges. For starters, PayPal closed the site's account, thus imperiling its founder's ability to lease bandwidth or purchase any servers for hosting shared files, although a notice on the website said that Anonyupload also accepts Bitcoins.

http://www.informationweek.com/news/security/privacy/232500452

Offline silverado

• Administrator
  • J-Titan
    • View Profile
    • Manga Underground
Anonyupload might be a honeypot. Which intelligent anon group would offer file hosting on an US webhost? Highly likely a scam to get your ips.

Offline Chibi-Chibi

• J-Starter
  • Renommée: 3
    • View Profile
Found another host that is a no-no .... guess it's hard to find one that does not have any connections with US what so ever D:

EDIT: bayfiles changed some of the things during last few days. Most of it is seen on table when downloading. The only thing i'm not clear with is
Quote (selected)
Regular members are limited to 500 MB while premium members never run out of space for their files.

that writes on their page that offers premium.

Small details....?

EDIT2:

-primary meant for music sharing
-accepts rar (haven't tried uploading anything else)
-up to 275MB
-no waiting for download
-based in Hong Kong

.... is what i can say about the host atm.

EDIT3:
Since its on the list ... i got heads up from one of my community members that anonyupload is based in US .... whois says the same (california, US).