Funds $35 | Needed $120
Like the community? Enjoy reading manga?
Then click on the small donation banner! Thx!

33%

Author Topic: MUST READ ! LIST OF GOOD FILE HOSTS !!  (Read 76197 times)

Offline Renegade334

• ** RETIRING **
  • Silver Dragon
  • Renommée: 6190
  • Do NOT ask me how to see DL links. READ THE RULES!
    • View Profile
Re: MUST READ ! LIST OF GOOD FILE HOSTS !!
« Reply #413 on: May 01, 2012, 09:00:36 PM »
Zshare has resurfaced, though it's no longer available at the address zshare.net but at zshare.ma...
Not sure whether it's still the real thing or if it's a fake/offshoot, haven't tried it yet.

Offline Andrew85

• J-Hero
  • Renommée: 69
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: May 01, 2012, 05:19:07 PM »
Hmm... someone needs to put together a list of which hosts have already been measured and found lacking.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_file_hosting_services

BrutalUpload.com looks so good it's hard to believe. No limits to bandwidth/traffic/filestorage/filesize, no waiting time, no captcha, possible direct access, remote uploading and 2 years(!) of hosting period. Too good to be true. And apparently there is at least one drawback. It's upload speed. Maybe It was just me but uploading something of 200 MB archive required about one and a quarter of hour (so upload speed ~ 50 KB/s). Additionally the file was renamed to some nonsense, but that's hardly much of inconvenience. On the other hand, download speed is very good - about 800 KB/s at the top.

Offline halteclere

• J-Starter
  • Renommée: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: May 01, 2012, 11:06:01 AM »
Hmm... someone needs to put together a list of which hosts have already been measured and found lacking.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_file_hosting_services

Offline Andrew85

• J-Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: April 23, 2012, 01:57:32 AM »
 I think it's better to specify for jumbofiles.com that "Registration is suggested". Otherwise files with 0 downloads may be deleted after 10 days since upload. With registration (or with at least one download) there is a table with hosting periods (in accordance to their FAQ):
25Mb or less                   180 days from date of last download
25Mb - 100Mb                 60 days from date of last download
100Mb - 600Mb                45 days from date of last download
600Mb - 2000Mb              30 days from date of last download

filekeen.com (I think it's .com, as domains wasn't stated in the first post) is down. Are you sure that it's reliable filehoster?

Also, how is sharesend.com? Is it good or not? I asking cause at least it hosting period is better that of most other hosters (60 days in comparison to 30 of many others, like zippyshare or bayfiles, for example).

And what about cyberlockers from previous list (bayfiles.com, hulkshare.com, 1g8.ru, yandex.narod.ru)? Were they "dismissed" because of their shortcomings or were simply forgotten when list was put together?

Offline 6294086

• Winny Club Premium Uploader
  • J-Addict
  • Renommée: 185
  • Read the forum rules before PM-ing me !
    • View Profile
Re: MUST READ ! LIST OF GOOD AND FREE FILE HOSTS !!
« Reply #409 on: April 22, 2012, 01:11:10 PM »
The big list on 1st post is updated

Offline Andrew85

• J-Hero
    • View Profile
Re: List of good free file hosts
« Reply #408 on: April 07, 2012, 09:46:03 PM »
http://slodive.com/web-development/best-free-file-hosting-sites/

Here's a list of great-looking filehosts. I bet you haven't even heard about half of those.
Part of this is pretty known (you can look full version of the first post to see), others not so great. Like there is limited overall storage (cloud services, although adrive.com's 50Gb free storage per account and no expiration date for files look more or less decent), limited bandwidth for your account (fileden.com), peer-to-peer sharing i.e you have to keep your browser working to share files like in bittorrent (fileai.com) and/or short expiration periods (for most of mentioned hosters - 30 days after last download or less, ShareSend is exception - 60 days, mediafire and "clouds" didn't count). Not to say that some of this services are paid and/or offer downloads only for your own files (like filesonic, wupload, and fileserve now) and some at least have issues with proxy ( whether they bloocking IP or it's just a technical issue, I don't know). And most of them is of .com domain which also can be considered drawback, although in our situation it's hard to be picky.

P.S. Please, if someone know a good filehoster or discover a favorable change in terms of services of some already known, like increase in hosting period, download speed, decrease of limitations (more simultaneous downloads, less or no time before and between downloads), let us know here. But please provide us with actual information or at least precise link to that information, not simple link to main page of filehoster's site.

As for requirements, I see it as this:
Sorry, please read the forum rules to see why you can't view spoilers and why you can't post in this forum section. Thank you!

P.P.S. Maybe requirements have to be in the first post?

Offline 6294086

• J-Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: April 07, 2012, 04:07:36 PM »
FreakShare has indeed slipped a bit in terms of QoS - the download speeds for me were slightly higher than 100kbps, but it was their consistency that suffered a lot, until they inevitably settled below the 50kbps barrier and so. I prefer BitShare to FreakShare now - that filehost has slightly lower speeds, but they at least remain consistent.

OTOH, DepositFiles, which I've quite disparaged in the previous pages, seems to be getting better with its download speeds, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

And what in the nine hells happened to Zshare? Did it go under or what? I rated it quite high due to its admirable download speeds and ability to provide simultaneous downloads. Jesus, if it's gone, then really, it'll be another one of my favorites to kick the bucket this week...

Yep, Zshare is also another great disappointment to me.

In the past I consider it as one of the best alternative to mediafire but now.... :p!ssed:

Badongo and zippyshare are my current favorite.

I don't know about depositfiles' downloading speed but they ban certain IP address/transparent proxies.

Many of the ISPs use transparent proxy (like mine) so I cannot download from sites like depositfiles, shareonline and quite a number of other hosts...

jumbofiles is easy to download from but it seems that files got deleted fast  :p!ssed:

crocko has been unfriendly to free user lately; don't use it !  :p!ssed:

ddlani.me is also not bad, I've been using it to download several files...

New 2 multiuploaders that you should consider :

1. embedupload.com

2. directmirror.com => got badongo, jumbofiles, ifile.it and even bayfiles !
    It also has many other less-known hosts => good to find new alternatives  

Offline burst1

• J-Regular
  • Renommée: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: April 07, 2012, 06:08:12 AM »
http://slodive.com/web-development/best-free-file-hosting-sites/

Here's a list of great-looking filehosts. I bet you haven't even heard about half of those.

Offline Sality

• J-Hero
  • Renommée: 253
    • View Profile
« Reply #405 on: April 06, 2012, 07:08:09 PM »
I guess everyone missed it, but ddlani.me has good speeds and is not well known to the RIAA/MPAA.
Looks good. I'll start using that host as my alternative mirror.

Online ramenchef

• J-Recruit
  • Renommée: 40
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: April 06, 2012, 05:12:02 PM »
I guess everyone missed it, but ddlani.me has good speeds and is not well known to the RIAA/MPAA.

Offline Renegade334

• ** RETIRING **
  • Silver Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: April 06, 2012, 02:34:19 PM »
FreakShare has indeed slipped a bit in terms of QoS - the download speeds for me were slightly higher than 100kbps, but it was their consistency that suffered a lot, until they inevitably settled below the 50kbps barrier and so. I prefer BitShare to FreakShare now - that filehost has slightly lower speeds, but they at least remain consistent.

OTOH, DepositFiles, which I've quite disparaged in the previous pages, seems to be getting better with its download speeds, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

And what in the nine hells happened to Zshare? Did it go under or what? I rated it quite high due to its admirable download speeds and ability to provide simultaneous downloads. Jesus, if it's gone, then really, it'll be another one of my favorites to kick the bucket this week...

Offline 6294086

• J-Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: April 06, 2012, 02:09:39 PM »
I've been downloading stuffs from various sources and based on my recent experience, the following hosts are good for downloading (I'm not sure about the upload though) :

1. badongo
2. jumbofiles
3. crocko.com
4. 1fichier.com/en

No 1 and 2 are also available when you use mirrorcreator to upload...

You may want to consider them when uploading stuffs...

Recently I've been completely upset with freakshare; it used to work well in the past  :p!ssed:

Offline FairGame

• S-Angel Hime-chan
  • J-Highlander
  • Renommée: 1286
  • Suteki na Anata ni Okurimono♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: April 06, 2012, 11:20:47 AM »
not a little, it`s alot difficult for me. From what I read, I`m hearing everything is bad to sum it up

Offline silverado

• Administrator
  • J-Titan
  • Renommée: 396
    • View Profile
    • Manga Underground
« Reply #400 on: April 06, 2012, 03:24:48 AM »
Well with all the different opinions and experiences from different file hosts it's become a little difficult to tell where to upload to.

Offline burst1

• J-Regular
  • Renommée: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: April 04, 2012, 11:08:51 PM »
MediaFire has already taken restrictive steps - i.e. making user registration mandatory. You now can no longer upload something without having an account...which means that if only ONE file gets reported (as in my case), the entire contents of your folders are seriously endangered.

That is not true. I can still upload anything without loggin in.

Offline krmtrad

• J-Starter
    • View Profile
    • my french scanlations
« Reply #398 on: April 04, 2012, 03:59:00 AM »
I quickly seen your thread and this is sick >_<
Anyway good luck for re-uploading the files!

I guess I will start using bayfiles along with mediafire just in case.

Offline Renegade334

• ** RETIRING **
  • Silver Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: April 04, 2012, 03:02:55 AM »
MediaFire has already taken restrictive steps - i.e. making user registration mandatory. You now can no longer upload something without having an account...which means that if only ONE file gets reported (as in my case), the entire contents of your folders are seriously endangered.

FileServe, after momentarily adopting FileSonic's stance (sharing disabled) and then dropping it, is now going in the same direction: in order to upload, you need an account.

Looks like the concept of "anonymous upload" is taking on water and heading for the seabeds.

Offline krmtrad

• J-Starter
    • View Profile
    • my french scanlations
« Reply #396 on: April 04, 2012, 02:40:48 AM »
This will become really annoying if mediafire is the next one :nonono:
I don't wanna use anything else right now.

Offline dragonspell

• I ♥ Winchester Boys!
  • jCafe Nobility
  • God of Water
  • Renommée: 513
  • And you know what? We kind of liked it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: April 03, 2012, 10:46:01 PM »
^ I was pissed off about it, too.  Especially seeing as how I found out, like, only an hour after they did so so everybody else had Game of Thrones except me! 

:p!ssed: 

Had to go find another link.

This whole thing is going to Hell in a handbasket because the MPAA/RIAA are riding high on the flush of having the US Government take down Megaupload.  They're overreaching and I hope it comes back to BITE them.

Putlocker and Mediafire are also coming under fire. http://torrentfreak.com/were-no-rogue-site-putlocker-responds-to-hollywood-120403/

Offline Renegade334

• ** RETIRING **
  • Silver Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: April 03, 2012, 02:50:00 PM »
God*******. God*******. God*******.

WUpload is now mimicking FileSonic: sharing is disabled, you can only download what you uploaded yourself (login required).

This is a shame, it was one of my top 5 alternative hosts, due to its high (compared to others) download speeds. *walks off to sulk in a corner*

Online ramenchef

• J-Recruit
  • Renommée: 40
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: April 03, 2012, 01:39:45 PM »
you guys should try out ddlani.me, it's pretty low profile and has good speeds.

Offline Goral

• Firefly/Serenity fanatic
  • GWR Team
  • J-Regular
  • Renommée: 23
    • View Profile
    • MiB scanlations
ifile.it sucks. Me and my friend have uploaded 350 MB batch file of Claymore manga and it didn't even last for a month, whereas it's still available on Bayfiles and Rapidshare. Probably Fileserve would also be better as well as 180upload.

Offline Andrew85

• J-Hero
    • View Profile
http://www.share4web.com
I think hosting period and reliability is more important in our case.
 Well, for this site, hosting period look good for now - 120 days from last download date for all sizes of files (strangely, this info is in their FAQ but site there named as unibytes.com), registrars + servers - Russia(?). Drawback is .com domain. I don't know if their blocking some country and their actual policy in regard to copyright materials.

Offline D3DIZ

• Former J-Freemium Downloader :P
  • J-Titan
  • Renommée: 49
  • (Still) Looking for that great escape.
    • View Profile
Found this one.

http://www.share4web.com

The biggest you can upload is 2bg. There are no limits on how much you can download or upload.

Offline Motsu

• J-Recruit
  • Renommée: 25
    • View Profile
Fileserving?
The domain name was registered with GoDaddy (US based company), it won't be hard to shutdown the site. Oh, and I love their "private" policy  :spurt: Well, at least they're honest.

Offline kainord

• J-Hero
  • Renommée: 21
    • View Profile
Fileserving?

tryed only a day ago but it was relative fast, the download was 3-500 kbs and no waiting between downloads.

Offline Motsu

• J-Recruit
    • View Profile
Anyone hear of Gigabase?
It blocks users with US IP.

Offline D3DIZ

• Former J-Freemium Downloader :P
  • J-Titan
  • Renommée: 49
  • (Still) Looking for that great escape.
    • View Profile
Anyone hear of Gigabase? As far as I know there are no wait times. The Maximum upload size is 2bg. Depending on the file size and how much it's been downloaded will determine how long it stays up.

http://www.gigabase.com/page/faq

Offline Spiritovod

• >:3
  • J-Legend
  • Renommée: 1582
    • View Profile
Re: LIST OF RECOMMENDED FILEHOSTS - AVOID OF MEDIAFIRE.COM FOR SERIES UPLOADS!
« Reply #385 on: February 29, 2012, 04:46:58 AM »
PP = paypal ?
transfer your files from MF automatically = one link at one time? is it impossible to use MF shared folder link?
well, does DMCA apply to MF?  i have no idea as i only use MF all along.
1) Yes, I mean the Paypal.
2) Like I've already said, I don't know, since I didn't use their premium service. But since they're offering money back within 14 days, you can "test" their premium service and its features and if you will not like it, just cancel the subscription.
3) Especially to the MF. Basically, if we're talking about DMCA, file hostings are divided into 2 groups - those which has a certain relations with copyrights holders and which are deleting files on simplified requests; and those which are "supporting" DMCA just on the surface and which are requesting court orders or something to delete the files. And now MF belongs to the first group due to the recent developments.     

Offline Motsu

• J-Recruit
    • View Profile
Re: LIST OF RECOMMENDED FILEHOSTS - AVOID OF MEDIAFIRE.COM FOR SERIES UPLOADS!
« Reply #384 on: February 29, 2012, 03:58:32 AM »
From my point of view, multi-mirror uploaders do more harm than good. Almost every filehosting gives download lifetime for a file based on its last download. More choices at same time shortens the lifetime of the files.
It would be better just to have one or two trusted filehosts in separate countries, rather than to rely on same shitty hosts, that will delete your files anyway.

Spiritovod in his pro/con list of russian filehost forgot to mention one more thing. Yandex doesn't pay for downloads or even have premium services. So most warez sites (music and movies) aren't interested in this at all.