Funds $0 | Needed $120
Like the community? Enjoy reading manga?
Then click on the small donation banner! Thx!

0%

Author Topic: The Slackers Academy  (Read 18747 times)

Offline dragonspell

• I ♥ Winchester Boys!
  • jCafe Nobility
  • God of Water
  • Renommée: 515
  • And you know what? We kind of liked it.
    • View Profile
Re: The Center for Lower Learning
« Reply #14 on: November 19, 2010, 02:08:09 AM »
It's all about supporting the institution and it sucks.

On a related note:  You fuckhead!  That's not how that word's supposed to be used!  It's a damn VERB, not a noun!  Stop trying to sound "smart" and actually bother to WRITE.  JESUS.

Offline silverado

• Administrator
  • J-Titan
  • Renommée: 399
    • View Profile
    • Manga Underground
« Reply #13 on: November 19, 2010, 02:04:59 AM »
I'm always annoyed as to why in the world of academics one has to recite what a certain others has said before, interpreting and analyzing and interpreting the interpretation before one can speak our own mind. Are we not capable of making up opinions that are not related to gurus? What if we refuse to inherit the random bullshit and not be indoctrinated? I had to work my way through 10 books of economic theories that were all wrong, the first book layed the foundation, the 2nd proved the first wrong, while the third proved that both are wrong. How much wrong knowledge does one has to absorb before one can finally get to the right knowledge? How are young students supposed to differentiate between what is wrong and what is right, what is accurate and what is out-dated?

Jeez, even mathematica is only a construct of supposedly unfaulty logic, while in reality it's just an artificial construct based on a few unprovable premises. Like a cheese that looks solid from outside while in the inside it is riddled with hundreds of holes. This too is a myth. Math is not logical. It just seems like it. People who still claim it to be logic merely haven't dug deep enough into higher math.

Offline antonus

• J-Wanderer
  • Global Moderator
  • God of Wind
  • Renommée: 185
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 19, 2010, 01:51:11 AM »
and in some cases.

-a spouse
-kids

Of course these were created from the prior post by Silv-san!

:XD:

Offline silverado

• Administrator
  • J-Titan
    • View Profile
    • Manga Underground
« Reply #11 on: November 19, 2010, 01:46:14 AM »
These factors might influence the ability to produce valuable academic works:
- party
- sex
- drug abuse

Only the isolated mind can both create great ideas and reach the peak at the top.

Offline dragonspell

• I ♥ Winchester Boys!
  • jCafe Nobility
  • God of Water
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 19, 2010, 01:42:18 AM »
I'm currently reading my way through three different essays for my small group and I suddenly realize why my one group member said that my shitty essay was the best on in the group that she had to read: besides hers, these essay are shit.  I don't mean shit by my standards but actual shit.

One has no idea what she wants to do, if she wants to talk about creativity or sustainability and is abusing quotes like WHOA while the other thinks that he's clever but can't write a sentence to save his life.

:p!ssed:  You're supposed to be university seniors!  Why can you not write an essay?!

Offline antonus

• J-Wanderer
  • Global Moderator
  • God of Wind
  • Renommée: 185
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2010, 01:32:36 AM »
Cannot.  Read.  Anymore.  Need.  Thanksgiving.  Break.  STAT!

:gashp:

Definitely need a break, whether from work or school.  :pah:

Offline silverado

• Administrator
  • J-Titan
    • View Profile
    • Manga Underground
« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2010, 12:07:47 AM »
Nothing is duller than learning an idea, that's taught by somebody, who read it by another and thought by a dead.

Offline dragonspell

• I ♥ Winchester Boys!
  • jCafe Nobility
  • God of Water
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2010, 02:00:13 AM »
Cannot.  Read.  Anymore.  Need.  Thanksgiving.  Break.  STAT!

:gashp:

Offline FairGame

• S-Angel Hime-chan
  • J-Highlander
  • Renommée: 1287
  • Suteki na Anata ni Okurimono♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2010, 03:18:42 PM »
My favorite subject would be math, it's not that i like math but it's easy and also cool thing is that there's pool table in class so I can play with it when there's no work to do.

My least subject is english, they give me too many eassay to right and I have a bad grammer.

Runt: Currently school is gaving me frustration and bad health right now. Most of the time, I have to leave home at 6:00AM and comes back at 12:00AM. there's no beauty sleep for me and also it's worth when they give me alot of homework(currently doing home work and it's past midnight). I'll have only 4 hours to sleep or less and i can't wait for a weekend.

Offline dragonspell

• I ♥ Winchester Boys!
  • jCafe Nobility
  • God of Water
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2010, 06:19:47 AM »
Hmm.. Want to know what kind of learning I expected this to be ;o

:XD:  I thought about that little pun when I was considering what to title this but then decided "Eh." 

Yay for sex ed, though.  :XD:  JCafe just has so many wildly differing tastes that I don't know how a general thread like that would work out, though.

Offline Acce

• Untitled1.txt
  • GWR Team
  • J-Master
  • Renommée: 22
  • I work hard to be able to be lazy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2010, 05:18:40 AM »
Hmm.. Want to know what kind of learning I expected this to be ;o

Well, currently I just dislike probability and statistics maths.. But I have ranted too much about them already.

Offline dragonspell

• I ♥ Winchester Boys!
  • jCafe Nobility
  • God of Water
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2010, 04:38:16 AM »
XD Good way to procrastinate, go on jCafe and make a fanclub about how much you hate not procrastinating :P

I thought it was a good idea.  :XD:  My EYES were starting to cross, the damn textbook was that boring.  Sociolinguistics is such a fascinating subject and yet, somehow, Ronald Wardhaugh makes it sound dry as DUST.  =|

Currently avoiding homework by posting on jCafe :P Though I have to get down and do the homework sometime today sigh.

That's the really sucky thing about homework--it's due at some point.  >_<

=|  Am currently trying to make my way through my backlogged lj and am boggling at the word count on my still unfinished fic.

And added!

Offline Moonsongrain

• jWizKid
  • J-Hardcore
  • Renommée: 37
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2010, 04:20:08 AM »
~ DS - who should totally be reading about a million different books right about now.  -_-
XD Good way to procrastinate, go on jCafe and make a fanclub about how much you hate not procrastinating :P

Anyways, Least favorite: Social Contexts of Business or Statistics...Its hard to pick between the two. Both of them are so absolutely dry. I suck at them and no matter how hard I try I just can't pull anything out for them. =_=;

Most favorite: Discrete Mathematics. Logic is fun. I like doing knights and knaves questions. Makes me think but not excessively so I don't get frustrated and throw my notebook around.

Currently avoiding homework by posting on jCafe :P Though I have to get down and do the homework sometime today sigh. Watching dramas is also a good way to avoid homework >_<

Offline dragonspell

• I ♥ Winchester Boys!
  • jCafe Nobility
  • God of Water
    • View Profile
The Slackers Academy
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2010, 01:51:42 AM »
Welcome to the Slackers Academy!

Jared and Jensen just because. ♥

For all school-going JCafians (or not, we don't discriminate):  Had enough of this "higher learning" bullshit?  Or even just regular learning?  Are you sick of your classes?  Have a particularly BORING class this semester?  Hate a professor?  Want to rant and rave about a project, a paper, a random piece of homework?  Think you could find a better use for your time than reading a stupid-ass textbook?  Then you are in the right place.  This club is for all of your bitching about school and school-related things.

On the flip-side, however, if you've found something that you like during school, feel free to discuss that as well.  Or, even, post about what you're doing to AVOID school/homework.  We all need procrastination tips.  ♥

Also, you are allowed to join even if you aren't in school anymore and would just like to reminisce/commiserate.  Join in on the misery and/or procrastination!

~ DS - who should totally be reading about a million different books right about now.  -_-

To join, post your favorite subject and your least favorite subject.  Any reason why?

Members:
  • dragonspell
  • Moonsongrain
  • Acce
  • FairGame
  • red_pucca
  • Silverado
  • Antonus
  • ambassoon
  • Maho0o