Funds $26 | Needed $120
Like the community? Enjoy reading manga?
Then click on the small donation banner! Thx!

24%

Author Topic: Does you family and friends know your yaoi interest or is it still a secret?  (Read 19832 times)

Offline PicardJthy

• J-Starter
  • Renommée: 0
    • View Profile
Some of my friends know but I feel it would kill my parents to see there child sitting in front of a computer squealing at guys kissing. :huh:

Offline hungrycat21

• J-Starter
  • Renommée: 2
    • View Profile
I have told my closest friends.

my family however is completely different.

Sameeee my parents would probably have a heart attack if they found out. But I think my brother knows since he's been dropping hints O.O

Offline Yakiki

• J-Starter
    • View Profile
my friends, my mum and my older sis totally knows that i read yaoi!! XDD even tell them abt the sexy guys stories *Q*

Offline cryberry

• J-Member
    • View Profile
I have made a fujoshi out of my imouto. Hehe. My younger brother has also seen me reading yaoi. And the rest of my family... well, sometimes I read in the living room but I'm not quite sure if they could differentiate between the manga that I read with the yaoi ones.. hahaha.

Offline joongieren

• J-Starter
    • View Profile
my family doesnt know.. its a total secret and i dont think I'll let them know..
for friends, almost all of my friends know that I'm into yaoi~
but yes of course most of my friends also into yaoi! lololol~

Offline kiritoxasuna

• Novel Fanatic!
  • J-Addict
  • Renommée: 13
  • must read a volume of light novel a day
    • View Profile
My family doesn't know that I'm reading or watching yaoi (even my hentai stash ) and they'll never know it....ever  :wahaha:

yes! my sister knows it and were on the same boat savoring yaoi

Offline gingin

• J-Starter
    • View Profile
My family doesn't know that I'm reading or watching yaoi (even my hentai stash ) and they'll never know it....ever  :wahaha:

Offline MiladyBalthazar

• J-Starter
    • View Profile
I have told my closest friends.

my family however is completely different.

Offline cryberry

• J-Member
    • View Profile
i can now read yaoi in the living room and not mind other people passing by. not in public though.

but i spread the yaoi love whenever i can. hehe.

my imouto saw the file i had with the list of the manga titles that i was reading and she was amazed. i just smiled at her and said, 'i have a separate yaoi list'. i read so much yaoi manga that i need to list everything to keep track. although it's fine with me if i read titles twice or thrice. ^_^

Offline cika

• J-Starter
    • View Profile
I still keep it from my family. I hide the yaoi manga files in a secret place so they cant find it easily.
Its been years since I got hooked, but still I have no guts to come out and say to my family " I like yaoi, if you got a problem take a hike"

Does anybody have this problem??
Me too. Maybe sometime I will tell them.. but I don't think so..

Offline Cintai

• J-Starter
  • Renommée: 1
    • View Profile
My sister knows but I think its because she used to read it. My bf knows since he goes through my mangas. One night he was just like gimme a manga before bed I handed him In These Words by GuiltPleasure and as soon as he opened it he was like NOOOOO... no YAOI... but I kept saying no backsies... he kept complaining but read the whole volume.

Offline atemumana

• J-Starter
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr.com
I don't have a deep interest in BL but I do read it on and off. Most of the series I read have BL undertones but are not considered as a BL series. I am aware of my sisters' interest in BL but we don't talk about it because they are uncomfortable disccusing BL with their youngest sister (me) whom they think is still an innocent. When I am old enough, I make it clear that BL topic can be discussed and we have no issues talking about it in the open. Sometimes, I like to give out random statements that carries double meaning. It's fun making people's head spin around. :D

Offline cherrypie

• J-Starter
    • View Profile
My girlfriend and my best friend know. It's sort of hard for me to tell people that I fangasm over two grown men falling in love or even getting a little intimate!......But I do roleplay with my Girlfriend, stories with so many characters and couplings (originally made no canons), I found my inner Otaku becoming unsatisfied after reading almost every Yaoi that catches my eyeballs and found roleplaying stories with other people a good way to feed the addiction! lol.

Mmm. Now I don't sound all that healthy :hot:

Offline rinrinbaby

• J-Starter
    • View Profile
My close friends and my younger brother know, but they think anything of it.

My close friends are willing to listen to my babbling about yaoi, usually with an amused look on their faces.

But nobody around me I like yaoi, so it's not possible to have real conversations on the genre.

However, I'd NEVER tell my dad.

I love my dad despite his flaws, but if he ever gets wind of this, my very Chinese, traditional, chauvinist & homophobic dad will start a war with me.

Offline crbrgmi

• I'm a GumiBear. (´・ω・`) ~ Princess of Spam
  • Gold Dragon
  • Renommée: 120
  • the pathway to Hell is paved in good deeds.
    • View Profile
    • Skelly fairy bloggy
My yaoi obsession is known only by my online friends and 1 real life friend who was the one who got me into it in the first place.

Other than that, I kind of keep my yaoi/ecchi/hentai reading a secret from my family and other regular people.

Offline kuroku

• J-Starter
    • View Profile
My brother and sister knows. My mom doesn't know, she just thinks I just watch random anime or manga.

Only a few of my friends know that I'm a bl fan. I don't really voice it out much, which is why only my close friends knew.

Offline sonzaishinai

• J-Starter
    • View Profile
My sister might know, but just not how much I am into it. The rest of my family suspects but its more of a dont ask dont tell thing.

Offline Evilrabbits

• Spam God
  • Gold Dragon
  • Renommée: 11
  • time to relax and stop to smell the flowers
    • View Profile
Hahaha, of course my family knows nothing about it!!! They would have a heart attack if they do, I'm sure.

My parents don't even like me reading manga, let alone yaoi... (actually, I don't think they know what yaoi is, anyway)

It's very lucky that my parents don't touch my computer, but sometimes my mother just walk into my room without knocking when I am reading yaoi, and gives me a real fright  :XD:

Lol that's exactly the same with me!

Offline cryberry

• J-Member
    • View Profile
Huwah!

I am a yaoi fan to the bones. lol.

Some of my friends know that I am a yaoi fangirl and I am also not abashed in telling my other friends that I love yaoi. 

My little sister knows about it since I was the one who encouraged her to watch yaoi anime. kekekeke!

My parents don't know.  I'm sure my father would have a nervy b. if he did. my mother... I'm not sure what her reaction would be but I'm sure she'll be okay with it. 

But it is still kind of embarrassing reading yaoi alongside another person especially in the smexy parts. lol.

Offline kotaru123

• J-Starter
    • View Profile
my family doesn't know that i love yaoi, though there was one time i almost got caught by my sister, since i used to use her Pc to read yaoi and to make the story short, she thought it was my brother, he  doesn't even know what's yaoi. it was really hard on me not laugh xD

Offline mikiyachi

• J-Starter
    • View Profile
All of my new best friends in class know - 2 of them are fangirls themselves  :fangirl: (found the fangirl smiley xD)
also 3 of my past classmates know (also yaoifangirls) <3  :megane:
and aaaaaaalllllllllll of my Japanese Class (including the teacher, who also adores boyxboy couples) xD  - BEST.TEACHER.EVER :3

but my parent, no - or at least i hope they don't  :ghostly: :escape: :omgnooo: :dark:

so for now, at home, i'll just have to be a closet fujoushi  :thiefness: :banzai:

but all in all, its all good - as Yoh from Shaman King would have put it "don't worry it'll all work out" (nando ka naruse?)   :happy:

Offline yuko7anakaori

• J-Starter
    • View Profile
Nope....
We live in different house......
And it's like taboo in our family...

Offline Akihito

• J-Starter
    • View Profile
My parents know nothing about the fact that I read yaoi. My two sisters know but they didn't take it serious, so I'm still fine now. There are about 6 friends in uni know my secret, since we're all study on social fields, they're kind of open-minded. They respect my hobby but rarely talk with me about it, yup I can't ask for more.

Offline roseetta

• J-Starter
    • View Profile
They know by accident.  I got some doujins in the mail they opened up.   :XD:   It's not a big deal now.  My mom was just fixing bookshelf with my manga on it.

Offline cherryred07

• J-Starter
    • View Profile
My family knows that i love boy to boy pairing, but i somehow feel that they pretend not to understand the full extent of how i love it.  :wahaha:

Offline spartanstar

• J-Starter
    • View Profile
HAHAHA about this, nobody knows about it at all!
I wouldn't dare to tell anyone, it's so embarrassing!
I guess I need to keep it a secret for the rest of my lifee..........

Offline machisuki

• J-Starter
    • View Profile
Everyone knows. It's out in the open  :maikka:

Offline vacoide

• J-Starter
    • View Profile
My parents will probably never know I like yaoi...They just know I like some Japanese stuff but nothing more. I don't particularly try to hide this on the internet so everyone that I have enough contact with online will know about it, probably. I don't usually talk about it irl because I don't have any friends that like yaoi and anime's not a subject that I usually talk about with my friends either LOL But if it pops up in a conversation I won't try to hide it, probably, I just won't talk about it as enthusiastically as I do online because it would feel pretty stupid.

Offline xarox

• J-Starter
    • View Profile
Well for me in the family only my big brother know that i read yaoi  :wahaha: (i was caught red handed one day while reading crimson spell  :aty:) but with my parents i still keep it as a secret from them  :imd:
I have a group with my japanese club friends that girls who like yaoi  :wohoho:... We like to talk and exchange information about good yaoi manga or anime. But with my school friends i still keep it as a secret. 

Offline Hito

• J-Starter
    • View Profile
My family will never know I'm a fujoshi. NEVER. If the truth ever got out, I think my parents would kick me out of the house  :XD:
All of my classmates know though, 2 of them became my best friends because we have the same hobby  :fangirl: The guys in my class seem to be kinda gay, they often hang out in pairs and the class president once "raped" the other guys in a camping trip (like pushing them on the bed and taking off their clothes  :XD:)