Funds $10 | Needed $120
Like the community? Enjoy reading manga?
Then click on the small donation banner! Thx!

11%

Author Topic: Photographer's Studio  (Read 5523 times)

Offline issaxchan

• unpredictable
  • J-Hero
  • Renommée: 10
  • I'm a vampire disguised as a Martian! >,.,<
    • View Profile
Re: Photographer's Studio
« Reply #46 on: February 23, 2013, 12:15:05 PM »
I wonder when the next contest will be?
I'm eager to participate!  :snap:

Offline TheMangaLover

• Lord of the nothingless.
  • J-Titan
  • Renommée: 26
  • I speak spanish, so be nice if write something bad
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: February 23, 2013, 03:26:18 AM »
Welcome! ♥♥♥ :ham: :ham: How should I call you? My fingers will get tired typing your nick every time :huh:

Well you can call me TML, or lover-kun, others call me lovey

Good photos!

Especially the Moon :) How did you make it (gear, setting etc)?

camera t3i, lens 75-300 mm, iso i thinks it was like 1500, shutter speed around 1/2000, and i used a tripod.

Sorry, please read the forum rules to see why you can't view spoilers and why you can't post in this forum section. Thank you!
Sorry, please read the forum rules to see why you can't view spoilers and why you can't post in this forum section. Thank you!

I loved these 2, I have a few of flowers too.

Offline issaxchan

• unpredictable
  • J-Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 21, 2013, 02:14:07 AM »
Cloud iridescence, now I know. Thank you for that info!
I googled it just now - never thought it was rare. Since at that time I was thinking of it as a dying rainbow.
Now I feel one lucky gal  :XD:

Offline pterbull

• J-Master
  • Renommée: 27
  • Mad Mathematician
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 21, 2013, 01:53:01 AM »
@Lii-sama

My personal favorite is the fifth one, though not without a remark  :XD: Namely, the composition again - a flower cut in half on the right side of the photo. The remedy - either cropping it further to cut the flower completely, or to photography it using less zoom so the flower would be whole.

The first three look a little blurry, but since it was probably a compact camers, it's to be expected :rapeist:

Replied: February 21, 2013, 02:00:02 AM
As I was on my way to my grandma's house, I saw this rainbow that looked like clouds (or rainbow-colored clouds?).Good thing I had my camera ready, as the rainbow quickly dissipates.

You were very lucky with that shot - I looked it up - it was so called cloud iridescence, a very rare occurence :yay:

Offline issaxchan

• unpredictable
  • J-Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 21, 2013, 01:48:10 AM »
 :wakuwaku: Waaah...
I want that penultimate one! I've always liked pictures of flowers, they're relaxing to look at.

Offline Lii-sama

• photographer's studio's president
  • jCafe Nobility
  • J-Titan
  • Renommée: 122
  • Genderless & Immortal
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 21, 2013, 01:36:49 AM »
Bu-chan, something for you
I missed spring
These are taken with the sister's camera, so I am sure you will have many things to say, also taken in 2011 I think

Offline pterbull

• J-Master
  • Mad Mathematician
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 21, 2013, 01:04:11 AM »
@Lii-sama
:blush: But who knows, may be I'll manage to whip myself back in the shape... Or, better, to whip someone other in the shape  :dragonspell:

Not sure what the problem is since I didn't remove anything, interesting tho.
Then may be when you were uploading the image or saving a resized one, the EXIF info was lost :rapeist:

About your method, for these I used S-mode and tried to take as much as I could, those I posted here are the best of the batch.
Well, then a tripod or some steady surface to place the camera on and exposures running in seconds or even tens of seconds :XD: That depends on the amount of fireworks per time

@TheMangaLover
Welcome! :hi:

Good photos!

Especially the Moon :) How did you make it (gear, setting etc)?

Offline Lii-sama

• jCafe Nobility
  • J-Titan
  • Genderless & Immortal
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 17, 2013, 01:49:49 AM »
O, I like the Moon photo very much. That's what I want to experiment with and also the Moon's trail in the water in the sea... I hope I will get that done in this summer.

Welcome! ♥♥♥ :ham: :ham: How should I call you? My fingers will get tired typing your nick every time :huh: btw add photo club's sign to your signature.
Bu-chan will bully you some time later, but he has mellowed out with the age :shy:

Offline TheMangaLover

• Lord of the nothingless.
  • J-Titan
  • Renommée: 26
  • I speak spanish, so be nice if write something bad
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 15, 2013, 08:47:01 AM »

• what meaning photo has for you?
  • you have held camera in your hands at least once
  • you like taking photos or you like to be taken in photos
  • when you take a photo it doesn't mean in the end people are left without head (usually)
  • you are a fan of photograph, but you don't take photos of yourself

1. For me photo is way to express myself, a way of expression and show the beauti, and the interesting you can see.
2. Well I think my t3i counts
3. I like to take photos.
4. :XD: they are never without head.
5. Actually I'm on very few pics.

A few showcase of my pics.

Offline Lii-sama

• jCafe Nobility
  • J-Titan
  • Genderless & Immortal
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 13, 2013, 12:25:41 AM »
@Bu-chan
Really, really? :wahaha: Not sure what the problem is since I didn't remove anything, interesting tho.
About your method, for these I used S-mode and tried to take as much as I could, those I posted here are the best of the batch.

@Issa-chan
Nope, those were taken on the 18th November 2012 when Latvia has birthday.I got good shots because I shot many of them and here I posted the best.

@Jelly

*laughs* glad you like them, your firework photo looks interesting and different from those we have here, but I guess for each their own, eh...

Offline JellyJolli

• J-Starter
  • Renommée: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 12, 2013, 11:15:51 PM »
@ Lil-chan

Hi there :D

Fireworks  :lovelove:

The last one I took from one look like this:

@ Mr. Bull

Thanks for the tips. ^^ Will look forward to those links.  :ronin:

@ Issa-chan

Quote (selected)
But why? The sky is soooo beautiful!

Sorry, I didn't express my opinion correctly.
I never cared about the sky in that specific picture, because my focus is always drawn to the water. ^^

Rainbows, awwww. Never succeeded to get a picture from one. ^^

This pic as well is all about the different shades of the water.
(and my favorite time to take pics is clearly during dusk :D)

Offline issaxchan

• unpredictable
  • J-Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 12, 2013, 04:19:23 PM »
Actually never cared about the sky

But why? The sky is soooo beautiful!
Maybe this will change your mind:
As I was on my way to my grandma's house, I saw this rainbow that looked like clouds (or rainbow-colored clouds?).
Good thing I had my camera ready, as the rainbow quickly dissipates.

Also:
The quality's not good since I only had my phone.
I took this sometime last semester just outside the University. I was particularly feeling down (because I wasn't doing well being the head of treasury in our student organization - like I was disappointing my colleagues), then I saw this rainbow and thought, "Well, it's a good sign."
At the very least, it made me smile.

@Lii-sama
Are those fireworks for the Chinese New Year?
You have great shots. You got the shots at the right time the fireworks exploded. I usually just got the aftermath LOL.
I like the 18th one. It looked like clusters of stars.

Offline pterbull

• J-Master
  • Mad Mathematician
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 12, 2013, 03:30:58 AM »
@JellyJolly:
A must-have is an UV filter, which doubles as a protection for the lens, and after that comes a polarizer. This two filters will cover most your needs for quite a while  :XD: More info on them and other gear will be later this week, when I'll find some my older posts ;)

@Lii-sama
Those are good! :yay: Though since you (or the software you used) removed all info about how the photos were made, I can't bully you about technical aspects  :wahaha:

:rapeist:
Though nervertheless, there's a technique I am long planning to use for fireworks (though haven't an opportunity yet) and would recommend for you: using longer (up to several seconds) exposures. For this you'll need to switch the camera in S mode and choose the exposure time, starting with 1/10 seconds. Also, you'll need a tripod or some stabile surface (car's hood, stump, etc) to mount the camera on for exposures longer than 1/5 seconds.

Offline Lii-sama

• jCafe Nobility
  • J-Titan
  • Genderless & Immortal
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 10, 2013, 03:28:07 AM »
Welcome, Jelly :ham:

Bu-chan, something for you:

Offline JellyJolli

• J-Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 09, 2013, 08:07:46 AM »
Quote (selected)
2nd contest ended ages ago
I see, updating that post would be nice if you wanna get this club running again  :wahaha:

More, please yes  :onegai:
Need to get into photography finally :D

Filters, never got into them. Yet.
Actually never cared about the sky, I'm swooning over the water. I love how it looks during dusk.

I'm trying to get deeper into photography, but never got far. I still have to figure out my 500D completely. As soon as I know her inside out I'll care about additional gear. Any tips where to start? :GINYU:

Offline pterbull

• J-Master
  • Mad Mathematician
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 09, 2013, 02:13:03 AM »
Greeting! :hi:

It's good to see another fellow joining our club!

2nd contest ended ages ago (infy won it, BTW :wahaha:, don't know why he didn't copy that part though), but there will be (hopefully) more to come ;)

Your photo is good, though with a gradient ND filter it may have been better, if used to get the sky a little darker :rapeist:

What gear do you use, with and besides 500D?

Offline JellyJolli

• J-Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: February 08, 2013, 06:13:08 AM »
Photography  :yay:  :hi:

Quote (selected)
1) what meaning photo has for you?
2) you have held camera in your hands at least once
3) you like taking photos or you like to be taken in photos
4) when you take a photo it doesn't mean in the end people are left without head (usually)
5) you are a fan of photograph, but you don't take photos of yourself

1) Still trying to figure that one out in more specific terms, I haven't found my answer yet. I will go with a simple: it's fun why should I stop it?
2) Are smartphones considered cameras by now?
3) I like to take pics :D there aren't that many pics of me that I like, but that's seems to be the usual case.
4) Usually without feet, but flying is fun! There's really not enough action in floating around.
5) I do, sometimes. Hardly satisfied with them. Is there a good way to take pictures of yourself?

Is the 2nd contest still running or what's the meaning about the emptiness?  :wahaha:

Feeling nostalgic right now, have one of my Japan pics. :gokuraku:

Offline pterbull

• J-Master
  • Mad Mathematician
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 06, 2013, 10:50:02 AM »
@issaxchan
So, it was underwater with a waterproof camera?  :yay:

@Lii-sama
Did I grow soft in these two years?.. But I don't see anything to criticise in your photo either :XD: Except maybe you should have kept more of the church on the right side :rapeist: Oh, and the trees in the foreground, but you couldn't have done anything with them  :wahaha:

Offline Lii-sama

• jCafe Nobility
  • J-Titan
  • Genderless & Immortal
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 05, 2013, 01:46:39 AM »
Bu-chan, this one is for you:

Offline issaxchan

• unpredictable
  • J-Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 04, 2013, 06:11:53 PM »
I shot it underwater using Canon PowerShot D10. Did I mention that I love snorkeling?  :shy:
As for the shooting condition: point-and-shoot? LOL. I don't really know what you mean, I'm no professional.  :XD:
Anyway, thank you for the sarcasm praise.

That's a sea urchin. Yummy sea urchin (yes, we Asians eat them).

now you need to add the banner
I already set it as my signature.  :yay:

Offline Lii-sama

• jCafe Nobility
  • J-Titan
  • Genderless & Immortal
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 04, 2013, 03:52:19 AM »
 :ham: welcome, Issa-chan, :ham:
now you need to add the banner, erm... how did we add it? :huh:

Offline pterbull

• J-Master
  • Mad Mathematician
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 04, 2013, 02:57:25 AM »
Ah, some fresh blood in our club! Welcome! :hi:

Now, to get on with bullying analysis :wahaha:

(Un)fortunately, there's not much to criticise, as the photo is quite well made :rapeist:

Just curious, but how (what gear and shooting conditions) was it made? Since I personally live quite far from any seas that such beings as this spiky-looking thing inhabitate, I'd assume some seaqurium, but lack of reflections (from glass walls) suggests otherwise.

Nevertheless,  :yay:

Offline issaxchan

• unpredictable
  • J-Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 03, 2013, 07:47:14 PM »
Quote (selected)
what meaning photo has for you?

A compilation of memories

Quote (selected)
you have held camera in your hands at least once

Yes, definitely

Quote (selected)
you like taking photos or you like to be taken in photos

To be honest, I prefer to take pictures of others instead of me. Sometimes I just take a photo of myself once, then the rest of the shots would be of my surroundings and the people around me.

Quote (selected)
when you take a photo it doesn't mean in the end people are left without head (usually)

Sometimes I take their heads off just to troll them.  :XD:

Quote (selected)
you are a fan of photograph, but you don't take photos of yourself

Yes, I'm not that photogenic. I rarely take photos of myself unless I feel like I really need one, and that my display photo in FB no longer looks like me.

In my growing attachment to the beach and the sea, I would like to have this as my first photo upload:

Offline Lii-sama

• jCafe Nobility
  • J-Titan
  • Genderless & Immortal
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 03, 2013, 04:01:21 AM »
Oh! I want to join as well.  :fangirl:

Answer the questions given in the first post :ham: :kirari:

Offline issaxchan

• unpredictable
  • J-Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 02, 2013, 12:13:11 PM »
Oh! I want to join as well.  :fangirl:

Offline Lii-sama

• jCafe Nobility
  • J-Titan
  • Genderless & Immortal
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 02, 2013, 04:13:50 AM »
I think we need to edit the first post and didn't we finish with the second contest? :huh: I sent those pm, I wonder how many answers I am going to get. In-kun should join as well.

Offline omaiot

• J-Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 26, 2013, 02:18:43 AM »
I can't see anything? pls tell me why :huh:

Offline pugsmile

• J-Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 16, 2012, 12:05:21 AM »
Let's me share the first expose picture I've taken

Offline infyquest

• Eeeeeeeeeeevil Oneeeeeeee!!!!!!!!
  • Administrator
  • J-Highlander
  • Renommée: 121
    • View Profile
    • jcafe
« Reply #18 on: October 21, 2012, 03:07:34 AM »
Ahhhhh...... no more interest photography  :p!ssed:

Offline kissthecat

• J-Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 20, 2012, 10:13:00 PM »
Hi

I think it's best not to have the point of interest in the middle of the picture, at least not always. Well it depends on what you photograph though.

to answer the questions briefly:
I take pictures for more than a decade now, also often end up being the subject. for me it's a means to share what I see with other people or be taken by nostalgia when i find something old.

since my own laptop is out of order I have no pictures to upload

greets

Offline infyquest

• Administrator
  • J-Highlander
    • View Profile
    • jcafe
« Reply #16 on: March 31, 2011, 05:30:12 AM »
I mean that you didnt keep the object of interest to the middle of the picture.
if you see the "my furry companion" photo, your dog is cut. And its as if the object of interest -- the dog is not completely covered and its not centered properly.
May be you put the camera too close.

Offline Asarolt

• Pirate of the Pannonian Sea
  • J-Master
  • Renommée: 13
  • And what a book it was!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 28, 2011, 02:50:47 AM »
Hmmm
All of them seems cut.
What do you mean, cut how?  :huh:

Offline infyquest

• Administrator
  • J-Highlander
    • View Profile
    • jcafe
« Reply #14 on: March 28, 2011, 02:24:55 AM »
Hmmm
All of them seems cut.
the spider was cute, but too much lighting
you should take complete pic of christmas tree not just detail

Offline Asarolt

• J-Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 22, 2011, 07:00:24 PM »
Wary well. I shall answer your questions.
Quote (selected)
    * what meaning photo has for you?
    * you like taking photos or you like to be taken in photos

Its fun to take photos. I like to document the events around me, and i love to find good compositions, and sometimes i like to play with angles.
Quote (selected)
    * you have held camera in your hands at least once

Yes, i have held a camera in my hand, and it was more than once (i have a reliable old Zenit, the only reason i use the camera on my phone instead of it is that i don't have the money to develop the negatives).
Quote (selected)
    * when you take a photo it doesn't mean in the end people are left without head (usually)

Yes, people usually keep their heads when i photograph them, but i have made a few (on purpose) where the head is mysteriously replaced by some other object.  :XD:
Otherwise decide for your selves:
My little furry companion.
The local park at winter.
An unsuspecting wasp spider (Argiope bruennichi).
A detail from my Christmas tree (2010).

Offline infyquest

• Administrator
  • J-Highlander
    • View Profile
    • jcafe
« Reply #12 on: March 22, 2011, 01:47:10 PM »
@Asarolt
Where are you walking away?
Now you gotta post here.............
@Peterbull
Sorry dude, currently i am homeless.
I might need to move again.

Offline Asarolt

• J-Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 21, 2011, 09:56:51 PM »
Yeh, thanks ... that didn't help.
*turns, starts walking away*

Offline pterbull

• J-Master
  • Mad Mathematician
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2011, 09:09:49 PM »
Firstly
@Asarolt
Welcome! :hi:
Don't forget to answer the questions
and post some photos

Secondly, infy did posted his message where he intended to :XD:

Thirdly, INFY, WHERE'S YOUR ADDRESS, HM? :dragonspell:

Offline Asarolt

• J-Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2011, 07:46:07 PM »
my dear, we shall revive it
let your photos jumpstart this topic.
go ahead and post yours.
Just double chekking to see if i've got it right. You did meen to post here, right?

Offline infyquest

• Administrator
  • J-Highlander
    • View Profile
    • jcafe
« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2011, 12:25:52 PM »
my dear, we shall revive it
let your photos jumpstart this topic.
go ahead and post yours.

Offline Asarolt

• J-Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2011, 11:03:40 PM »
 :hi:
Photo studio sounds fun, if you do revive it i would be interested.  :girly:

Offline infyquest

• Administrator
  • J-Highlander
    • View Profile
    • jcafe
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2011, 01:13:56 AM »
Hi to all who tumbled across this thread.

It's been 5 months since last activity in the Photographer's Studio and I decided to make a roll-call of sorts to see if anyone is interested in reviving the Studio. If you are, make a post here or send me a PM.

P. S. Infy, your mailing address. NOW! :dragonspell:
Or your prize will be locked in my treasure chest forever :wahaha:

Nooooooooooooooooo.................
I will send it soon, just wait for few more days
I am changing adresses again, so wait
my roll call, I am present

Offline pterbull

• J-Master
  • Mad Mathematician
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2011, 02:02:15 AM »
Hi, antonus!

New photos and new members are always welcome, though do not forget to answer the questions first :rapeist:
Quote from: Lii-sama
Requirements for taking part are:
  • when you take a photo it doesn't mean in the end people are left without head (usually)

Offline antonus

• J-Wanderer
  • Global Moderator
  • God of Wind
  • Renommée: 185
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2011, 02:54:50 AM »
Welcome back peter-san. I might be interested in post some pictures.

Offline pterbull

• J-Master
  • Mad Mathematician
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2011, 09:14:00 PM »
Hi to all who tumbled across this thread.

It's been 5 months since last activity in the Photographer's Studio and I decided to make a roll-call of sorts to see if anyone is interested in reviving the Studio. If you are, make a post here or send me a PM.

P. S. Infy, your mailing address. NOW! :dragonspell:
Or your prize will be locked in my treasure chest forever :wahaha:

Offline infyquest

• Administrator
  • J-Highlander
    • View Profile
    • jcafe
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2010, 04:11:02 AM »
old club posts can be found at - http://www.jcafe24.net/index.php?topic=7667.0

Offline infyquest

• Administrator
  • J-Highlander
    • View Profile
    • jcafe
Photographer's Studio
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2010, 04:07:26 AM »

Requirements for taking part are:

The 2nd Contest has started

PLEASE, all members put club's sign in their signature place. The club's sign is here.