Funds $0 | Needed $120
Like the community? Enjoy reading manga?
Then click on the small donation banner! Thx!

0%

Author Topic: How are you today?  (Read 680897 times)

Offline robonxt

• "Mental curruption at 75%. Please evacuate. All safety fail-proof systems are now offline."
  • J-Hero
  • Renommée: 35
  • World's first high-tech human-like robot
    • View Profile
Re: How are you today?
« Reply #11295 on: November 20, 2016, 02:46:38 PM »
@obbieauth True, I see that attitude quite a bit at home, when my little brothers get sick and stuff.
@Jumpbro I went off grid because I needed to refocus on what I want to do in the future. Gotta plan for the unknown, ya'know?

@topic my ribcage feel like it's missing some meat on the sides which makes me feel empty and cold... not sure why, maybe because of using the wrong muscles for piano playing?

Offline Jump3R

• Shiroyasha|燃えてきたぜ!!|FanBoy/FB|OVER NINE THOUSA~ND posts!|Totally Off The Wall And Crazy (Totwac)|Dragon of the 9 Threads of Spam|Itsumo|Gyarakushia|Jyan|Wiseass| Shogun Obvious|Sweater|Sir Douchebag
  • Global Moderator
  • Galaxia
  • Renommée: 153
  • 真実はいつもひとつ!
    • View Profile
    • FictionPress Acc
« Reply #11294 on: November 20, 2016, 09:49:18 AM »
I don't get sick either, maybe once a few years a week down is what happens to me, but the headaches are pretty much the only reason I go to the pharmacy. That and buying stuff for my mom and sis when they don't have time to go (I'm just moving faster in general xd)

Offline obbieuth

• _̴ı̴̴̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡*̡̡ ̴̡ı̴̴̡ ̡̡͡|̲̲̲͡͡͡ ̲▫̲͡ ̲̲̲͡͡π̲̲͡͡ ̲̲͡▫̲̲͡͡ ̲|̡̡̡ ̡ ̴̡ı̴̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡
  • God of Earth
  • Renommée: 155
    • View Profile
« Reply #11293 on: November 20, 2016, 09:38:26 AM »
My work gets harder when people get sick too, but for different reasons. Being in a medical profession, I see a lot of sick people. I'd go so far as to say there is probably no one in this town that interacts with more sick people on a daily basis than I do. Consequently me and everyone I work with has a stellar immune system. I almost never get sick. But when the community is getting sick, we get busier. And not just busier, but loads of people have really super bad attitudes when they are sick, and you have to coddle them and treat them like children. Which, surprisingly they fucking appreciate. You would think they'd be offended. Not so...

Offline Jump3R

• Shiroyasha|燃えてきたぜ!!|FanBoy/FB|OVER NINE THOUSA~ND posts!|Totally Off The Wall And Crazy (Totwac)|Dragon of the 9 Threads of Spam|Itsumo|Gyarakushia|Jyan|Wiseass| Shogun Obvious|Sweater|Sir Douchebag
  • Global Moderator
  • Galaxia
  • 真実はいつもひとつ!
    • View Profile
    • FictionPress Acc
« Reply #11292 on: November 20, 2016, 09:22:57 AM »
Why would a robot want to stay off the grid?

Offline robonxt

• "Mental curruption at 75%. Please evacuate. All safety fail-proof systems are now offline."
  • J-Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #11291 on: November 19, 2016, 07:52:43 PM »
@topic Back from a week of trying to stay off the grid.....
Recently my body has been feeling down, must be the weather destroying the electronics inside me... The pains of being a robonxt....

Offline MintiNF

• J-Werewolf j-Batman
  • Global Moderator
  • God of Water
  • Renommée: 82
  • its hard work being lazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #11290 on: November 19, 2016, 06:12:24 PM »

Offline MintiNF

• J-Werewolf j-Batman
  • Global Moderator
  • God of Water
    • View Profile
« Reply #11289 on: November 19, 2016, 03:40:06 PM »
Indeed.

Trying to make it through the workday. got a cough still from fighting the flu earlier.

Offline Jump3R

• Global Moderator
  • Galaxia
  • 真実はいつもひとつ!
    • View Profile
    • FictionPress Acc
« Reply #11288 on: November 19, 2016, 01:11:36 PM »
Well unfortunate predicament, sure, but far from unexpectable. Hope you manage somehow xd
Good luck and all...

Offline kainthecrow

• J-Regular
  • Renommée: 0
  • A crow looking for a fox and an owl
    • View Profile
« Reply #11287 on: November 18, 2016, 11:02:32 PM »
@Jump3R,

Yes, it is small office, only 10 or so in each offices, around 20 more outside including truck drivers, etc.. Usually it is okay, at least one or two people are there for the back-up..
But this time, 2 ppl got sick, same department & same job. So remaining one person is overwhelmed, and other few are chipping to cover- although they don't know the job well.

Offline Jump3R

• Global Moderator
  • Galaxia
  • 真実はいつもひとつ!
    • View Profile
    • FictionPress Acc
« Reply #11286 on: November 18, 2016, 12:31:46 PM »
That must be not big office if 2 people less make entire place overworked...

Offline kainthecrow

• J-Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #11285 on: November 17, 2016, 09:45:12 AM »
Well, Politics and Power Plays, I find that's enough said in most situations..

@topic
So tired.. Two people on leave, with change of seasons.. Makes remaining people in the office too busy to make up for the gaps.

Offline Jump3R

• Global Moderator
  • Galaxia
  • 真実はいつもひとつ!
    • View Profile
    • FictionPress Acc
« Reply #11284 on: November 16, 2016, 01:38:38 PM »
It's that way only because everyone else is only trying to profit from that power as well, connecting through a complex web of corruption throughout not just political stage of one side or country, but also other countries by trade, international politics and even education. Everything circles around money, profit and power. Power makes profit, profit gives money, money secures power. Cycle of doom. And the higher the stakes the worse it makes the world around the circle...

Offline obbieuth

• _̴ı̴̴̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡*̡̡ ̴̡ı̴̴̡ ̡̡͡|̲̲̲͡͡͡ ̲▫̲͡ ̲̲̲͡͡π̲̲͡͡ ̲̲͡▫̲̲͡͡ ̲|̡̡̡ ̡ ̴̡ı̴̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡
  • God of Earth
    • View Profile
« Reply #11283 on: November 15, 2016, 08:37:31 PM »
Thank you for sharing all that, I am pretty ignorant of world affairs. And I certainly prefer learning about your world from you as opposed to a news company of dubious origin.

Those issues are all...quite troubling. In one way or another it seems like many people who are seeking political power, are doing so only to exploit that power. The people who would actually do a good job seem to steer clear of it. Where are all the wise, self sacrificing bright leaders? All we seem to be able to find are power hungry sociopaths...

Offline kainthecrow

• J-Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #11282 on: November 15, 2016, 04:19:08 AM »
@Topic

Spent whole night on 12th to 13th morning watching live feed of protest.. Now, on Monday, it feels like I am floating.. Damn you headache.

@obbieuth
Various issues.. Too many to list, but major demand is for current President Park to step down, and submit to the official investigation..

...As well as for the current ruling party of Korea, Saenuri to dissolve, and some more..

Sorry, please read the forum rules to see why you can't view spoilers and why you can't post in this forum section. Thank you!

Offline obbieuth

• God of Earth
    • View Profile
« Reply #11281 on: November 13, 2016, 09:36:03 PM »
Forgive my ignorance, but what are they protesting?

Offline kainthecrow

• J-Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #11280 on: November 13, 2016, 08:39:08 AM »
@topic
The candles were lit, in many countries- even here.. =X

..Well, appx 1 million, that's 2% of Korean population.. I wonder how much more will take?

Add:
@topic
People are still there, and it's nearing 2am in Korea..  :onionfacepalm:

It's not like policemen aren't Korean as well.. I hope they disperse soon and continue next time peacefully..
It seems Trump had been forgotten in Korea at the moment.

Offline MintiNF

• J-Werewolf j-Batman
  • Global Moderator
  • God of Water
    • View Profile
« Reply #11279 on: November 12, 2016, 09:39:29 PM »
Kill them with kindness. when they dont expect it. Other methods only when they really need it.
! No longer available

Offline obbieuth

• God of Earth
    • View Profile
« Reply #11278 on: November 12, 2016, 09:18:00 PM »
When people come in, many of them still expect me to act that way, and it constantly throws people off when I don't. I can see them staring at me trying to figure out how something I just said might actually have been hateful, and when they realize it wasn't they are just surprised and confused.

Offline MintiNF

• J-Werewolf j-Batman
  • Global Moderator
  • God of Water
    • View Profile
« Reply #11277 on: November 12, 2016, 05:10:34 PM »
A lot of people seem to feel that they need to be "Better" than other people in order to validate their existence. Such people tend to look to put others beneath them rather than to lift themselves up. As a result they will look for all kinds of things that they can say is inferior about someone else or superior about themselves. A difference is often treated as a negative rather than a neutral. that's where racism, sexism etc. come from.

Offline obbieuth

• God of Earth
    • View Profile
« Reply #11276 on: November 12, 2016, 12:59:33 PM »
I think there are many reasons. For most of our history I think the reason didn't do that is because we had too many selfish assholes making decisions. Power has a tendency to attract sociopaths and people who are ill suited to rule. People who are ACTUALLY well suited to rule, tend to not want to, because they know how much of a pain in the ass it is. So, bad people doing everything they can to win, and good people not throwing themselves into the fray is the main reason.

But while that has been true for a long time, I think every year we continue to exist, the reason will shift more towards a competition over scarce resources. People will start fighting over food, water, and space.

Offline MintiNF

• J-Werewolf j-Batman
  • Global Moderator
  • God of Water
    • View Profile
« Reply #11275 on: November 11, 2016, 03:27:23 PM »

Why can't we just respect others and live peacefully? It's none of my business what others believe or do so long as their actions don't affect me much..

This.

Offline kainthecrow

• J-Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #11274 on: November 11, 2016, 02:22:19 AM »
@topic
I want to experience no-news-is-good-news thing now.. Supposedly, largest protest in history of Muslim is planned on 25th November in Jakarta as follow up of the protest on 4th.

Encouraging people to not to work with managers/boss who isn't another Muslim is also another thing.. ..Overblown religious conflict, this case.. I don't even see why this hardly-considered 'blasphemy' is causing so much issues, especially when largest religious organisations in Indonesia are officially discouraging participation.. >_>

Then Korea's situation is not much better, not to mention US..

...Politics. Why can't we just respect others and live peacefully? It's none of my business what others believe or do so long as their actions don't affect me much..

Offline obbieuth

• God of Earth
    • View Profile
« Reply #11273 on: November 10, 2016, 10:02:52 PM »
Many of the ideas he has espoused are isolationist. Britain has pulled out of the EU and there are small scale conflicts all over Europe, the Middle East, and Asia. The current setup feels frighteningly similar to the political makeup in the years leading up to WWI. I hope that isn't going to happen. Because with as petulant as people are today, in any conflict, someone is going to use nukes. And if enough people do...well maybe we ought to work extra hard on that Mars colonization plan.

Offline MintiNF

• J-Werewolf j-Batman
  • Global Moderator
  • God of Water
    • View Profile
« Reply #11272 on: November 10, 2016, 02:21:16 PM »
You know how no one expects the spanish inquisition...
no one expected the Trump presidency. GG America.

edit: That trump cake though

Offline kainthecrow

• J-Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #11271 on: November 09, 2016, 11:14:05 PM »
@Topic
After glaring at the TV and news reporting sites for past few days due to Korean political fiasco, not to mention the fact that I live in Indonesia, I am watching US President vote..

...So much political discussions in past week in my life. I want distractions, even if I need to know those.. Damn it!

Offline MintiNF

• J-Werewolf j-Batman
  • Global Moderator
  • God of Water
    • View Profile
« Reply #11270 on: November 09, 2016, 08:47:03 PM »
I am entertained. US Election night shenanigans. Trump cake.

some onfortunate evens in there as well though. R.I.P unnamed California resident.

Offline Kushmeister420

• J-Starter
  • Dank memes
    • View Profile
« Reply #11269 on: November 09, 2016, 04:24:06 PM »
Pretty dank

Offline robonxt

• J-Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #11268 on: November 09, 2016, 03:44:58 PM »
Uhh, idk.

@topic my mouth has splitted (i dont know the term for it in english, so thats how i explain it).... must has karaoke too long a few days ago, now my body is malfunctioning....

Offline MintiNF

• J-Werewolf j-Batman
  • Global Moderator
  • God of Water
    • View Profile
« Reply #11267 on: November 08, 2016, 10:15:40 PM »
Trump wall?

Offline robonxt

• J-Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #11266 on: November 08, 2016, 05:54:11 PM »
Voting day is tomorrow.... and my health hasn't been very good recently due to not sleeping earlier. BUT on the bright side I have (forced?) myself to write more, so now we got some progress! WOOHOOO!