Funds $0 | Needed $120
Like the community? Enjoy reading manga?
Then click on the small donation banner! Thx!

0%

Author Topic: How are you today?  (Read 670012 times)

Offline robonxt

• "Mental curruption at 75%. Please evacuate. All safety fail-proof systems are now offline."
  • J-Hero
  • Renommée: 35
  • World's first high-tech human-like robot
    • View Profile
Re: How are you today?
« Reply #11472 on: August 21, 2018, 10:32:47 PM »
surviving...

Offline PurttyMuth

• J-Starter
  • Renommée: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #11471 on: August 16, 2018, 08:57:47 PM »
freaking great

Offline songoD14

• J-Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #11470 on: July 26, 2018, 05:15:09 AM »
i feel lost

Offline TheEvilOne

• J-Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #11469 on: June 05, 2018, 05:24:10 AM »
I'm fine, thanks  :hi:

Offline MintiNF

• J-Werewolf j-Batman
  • Global Moderator
  • God of Water
  • Renommée: 82
  • its hard work being lazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #11468 on: May 09, 2018, 09:35:42 AM »
Been busy man. But still alive.

Offline YuutoAmakawa

• J-Addict
  • Renommée: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #11467 on: March 25, 2018, 01:09:36 PM »
The last post was from February? What the heck? :v Where's everybody? Oh oh, anyone home?

I'm back, by the way.

Edit: Remove them all

Offline crbrgmi

• I'm a GumiBear. (´・ω・`) ~ Princess of Spam
  • Gold Dragon
  • Renommée: 120
  • the pathway to Hell is paved in good deeds.
    • View Profile
    • Skelly fairy bloggy
« Reply #11466 on: February 07, 2018, 12:27:06 AM »
Time of my life by Bill Medley (the theme song from Dirty Dancing)

@topic: it’s been getting harder to be okay with everything. I’m both mentally and physically exhausted, more irritable than ever, and while I’m understanding with many things that have been happening at work, it’s been hard. I feel guilty for getting irritated that I’m having to work extra hours, but it’s running me ragged. It’s getting harder and harder to find the silver lining, to find the good things in life, but I keep rolling along, and all I can do right now is wait for when brighten up again. I’m optimistic that right now I’m paying my dues, and things can only get better, just waiting for then. :)

Offline MintiNF

• J-Werewolf j-Batman
  • Global Moderator
  • God of Water
    • View Profile
« Reply #11465 on: January 31, 2018, 09:17:10 PM »
Today was a pretty okay day. Played Spyro the Dragon -didn’t beat it, but came close- and rediscovered NeoPets, which I was addicted to approximately 2,965 days ago (I didn’t think it kept track like that).

Also, spent the last five minutes, before typing this up, watching Minti’s Batman clip to the song of Time of My Life. Was super entertained and impressed that it kept with the music the whole time.

wait, what?

@topic i've been quite tired lately.

Offline ColaArcie

• Greetings!
  • J-Starter
  • C.Arcie
    • View Profile
    • none
« Reply #11464 on: January 31, 2018, 12:56:03 PM »
 :hi: Arcie here!
Im fine today just a bit sleepy because its already midnight here~ :r38:

Offline Zworden

• Lvl. 100 King Poring - Kai
  • J-Legend
  • Renommée: 14
  • Now I understand that I will never understand
    • View Profile
    • Zworden Translation
« Reply #11463 on: January 11, 2018, 07:43:59 AM »
Today is my second day in Philippines due to work
Hello... yes... I'm still alive..... barely tho

Offline crbrgmi

• I'm a GumiBear. (´・ω・`) ~ Princess of Spam
  • Gold Dragon
  • Renommée: 120
  • the pathway to Hell is paved in good deeds.
    • View Profile
    • Skelly fairy bloggy
« Reply #11462 on: January 08, 2018, 05:46:32 AM »
Today was a pretty okay day. Played Spyro the Dragon -didn’t beat it, but came close- and rediscovered NeoPets, which I was addicted to approximately 2,965 days ago (I didn’t think it kept track like that).

Also, spent the last five minutes, before typing this up, watching Minti’s Batman clip to the song of Time of My Life. Was super entertained and impressed that it kept with the music the whole time.

Offline JustATownie

• J-Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #11461 on: January 07, 2018, 11:52:40 PM »
Just enjoying a sunny and lovely Sunday :4da5b0e8:

Offline MintiNF

• J-Werewolf j-Batman
  • Global Moderator
  • God of Water
    • View Profile
« Reply #11460 on: January 06, 2018, 06:36:07 PM »
Ah well in the tropics we dont have to worry about that. at least not until the next ice age starts...

Offline obbieuth

• _̴ı̴̴̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡*̡̡ ̴̡ı̴̴̡ ̡̡͡|̲̲̲͡͡͡ ̲▫̲͡ ̲̲̲͡͡π̲̲͡͡ ̲̲͡▫̲̲͡͡ ̲|̡̡̡ ̡ ̴̡ı̴̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡
  • God of Earth
  • Renommée: 155
    • View Profile
« Reply #11459 on: January 01, 2018, 08:45:53 PM »
Yeah...Me too Minti. Its like -15 F here today. -27 F with the windchill.

Offline MintiNF

• J-Werewolf j-Batman
  • Global Moderator
  • God of Water
    • View Profile
« Reply #11458 on: December 29, 2017, 08:16:01 PM »
I'm Alive people!

Offline YuutoAmakawa

• J-Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #11457 on: October 16, 2017, 10:31:02 AM »
Imouto got food position. Bloody f

At hospital right now

Offline blackvictor

• J-Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #11456 on: October 12, 2017, 05:03:25 PM »
feeling well

Offline YuutoAmakawa

• J-Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #11455 on: October 10, 2017, 08:31:31 PM »
Wow man it takes courage to make such a huge change in life. Wish you the best of luck!

Thanks mate, much appreciate. It comes to me rather naturally, though.

After more or less 4 years, I'm no longer feel bound to current career. Hence I have to move on.

Offline Fewbs

• Jazz Lover
  • J-Member
  • Renommée: 3
  • \(~.~)/
    • View Profile
« Reply #11454 on: October 09, 2017, 03:58:30 AM »
Wow man it takes courage to make such a huge change in life. Wish you the best of luck!

Offline YuutoAmakawa

• J-Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #11453 on: October 08, 2017, 01:20:47 PM »
Maybe you just need a break. Take a leave, travel etc.
Something really needs to be done before you become totally burned out.

I need a fresh start, actually. I already had my vacation in June, had some times to think & listen to advise.

By now I have made peace with myself, resolving in leaving and a new dawn. Actually at 30+ yrs old age, I think I'm crazy  :4da5b0e8: because I decide to move on to another professional career.

On another topic, is anyone here business analyst or project manager in IT? A newbie, probably intern, here could use some advises or guidance  :4da5b0e8:

Offline Fewbs

• Jazz Lover
  • J-Member
  • \(~.~)/
    • View Profile
« Reply #11452 on: October 06, 2017, 09:29:29 AM »
Maybe you just need a break. Take a leave, travel etc.
Something really needs to be done before you become totally burned out.

Offline YuutoAmakawa

• J-Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #11451 on: October 03, 2017, 12:31:45 PM »
Tough life man, I mean are those newbies directly under you? I'm thinking that if their mistakes go uncorrected, eventually it may bite you in the ass. Something like "this knowledgeable senior did not explain it to us" etc... and then you get the short end of the stick.

I'm lucky that the only thing I have to do now is to just study in university. Had enough of workplace politics and bullshit when I was in the army. 

Wish I were you, mate.

These days I sometimes remind myself about life back at school. Simple, hard but no nonsense, easy & kind of colorfully painted. Anyway no, I already have the short end of the stick. Not like any of those guys bother asking me, unless something related to the applications I'm in charge of.

Yeah, no.
You should be fair with people if you want them to be fair with you back, so if you're not disappearing from that place within a week - definitely tell them what they're doing wrong and how to fix it. They will remember you as the helpful knowledgeable guy and if they ever interact with you or someone who knows you after you change workplace it may only boost up your rep if they don't talk sh*t about you.
Part of the team or not - you decide if you're being a d*ck about it. If you truly have so many f*cks you don't give about that place and the people there, then just leave right away, give your 3 weeks (or whatever period you need to) notice, get all your remaining holidays, annual leaves and over hours and gently transition into your next workplace with as little interactions in your current one as possible.
But if you don't feel that way then do what you'd want someone in your shoes to do if you were one of the noobs...

I'm both, honestly. I'm relieved from a lot of tasks these days, since my senior gives up. Nowadays I only deal with 2 of worse apps out there, the kinds that many of you will run after couple days, and couple few more. I'm also looking for a new place, new start, and frankly, I believe my superiors know, but no one bothers asking Why anymore, not like about 1 year ago.

Guess I'm in free fall....

Anyway, I did, in the end, have a little chit chat about how the newbies do it wrong. Just a small chat, nothing serious. They didn't do much wrong, actually. More like the current policies are completely messed up, so they have no idea Who did What, and to what end -_- (Also part of reasons why I get tired)

Offline Jump3R

• Shiroyasha|燃えてきたぜ!!|FanBoy/FB|OVER NINE THOUSA~ND posts!|Totally Off The Wall And Crazy (Totwac)|Dragon of the 9 Threads of Spam|Itsumo|Gyarakushia|Jyan|Wiseass| Shogun Obvious|Sweater|Sir Douchebag
  • Global Moderator
  • Galaxia
  • Renommée: 153
  • 真実はいつもひとつ!
    • View Profile
    • FictionPress Acc
« Reply #11450 on: October 02, 2017, 12:25:28 PM »
Yeah, no.
You should be fair with people if you want them to be fair with you back, so if you're not disappearing from that place within a week - definitely tell them what they're doing wrong and how to fix it. They will remember you as the helpful knowledgeable guy and if they ever interact with you or someone who knows you after you change workplace it may only boost up your rep if they don't talk sh*t about you.
Part of the team or not - you decide if you're being a d*ck about it. If you truly have so many f*cks you don't give about that place and the people there, then just leave right away, give your 3 weeks (or whatever period you need to) notice, get all your remaining holidays, annual leaves and over hours and gently transition into your next workplace with as little interactions in your current one as possible.
But if you don't feel that way then do what you'd want someone in your shoes to do if you were one of the noobs...

Offline Fewbs

• Jazz Lover
  • J-Member
  • \(~.~)/
    • View Profile
« Reply #11449 on: October 01, 2017, 10:32:10 PM »
Tough life man, I mean are those newbies directly under you? I'm thinking that if their mistakes go uncorrected, eventually it may bite you in the ass. Something like "this knowledgeable senior did not explain it to us" etc... and then you get the short end of the stick.

I'm lucky that the only thing I have to do now is to just study in university. Had enough of workplace politics and bullshit when I was in the army. 

Offline YuutoAmakawa

• J-Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #11448 on: September 28, 2017, 08:53:34 PM »
Depends on the job and even more on the boss. But communication is the key, just sit down with your boss, arrange a meeting where you can talk in private and firmly but not rashly bring the topic to them. Ask what they think, if they want you to do something else or just more? Or do less of something else that's taking you downhill?
Communication is the key, mate, if you won't communicate you will not know the other side's opinion. And without it you are as blind as it gets.

Honey, I'm home  :evil-thought:

I don't think there are much to talk. I made up my mind, just haven't told him yet.

Anyway, one more question  :4da5b0e8: if you don't mind:
- I give up trying to shine in here & already made up my mind. However, lately I continue spotting flaws or mess-up from the newbies. Should I say it loud, knowing for sure what I mean? Or should I just shut up, since I'm no longer considering myself "part of the team" anymore?

PS: I lost my habit, checking here everyday @@

Offline blackvictor

• J-Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #11447 on: September 27, 2017, 12:18:34 PM »
not feeling very well, losing again other job and been self employee in Venezuela is death. I am feeling full of shame about myself

Offline Jump3R

• Shiroyasha|燃えてきたぜ!!|FanBoy/FB|OVER NINE THOUSA~ND posts!|Totally Off The Wall And Crazy (Totwac)|Dragon of the 9 Threads of Spam|Itsumo|Gyarakushia|Jyan|Wiseass| Shogun Obvious|Sweater|Sir Douchebag
  • Global Moderator
  • Galaxia
  • 真実はいつもひとつ!
    • View Profile
    • FictionPress Acc
« Reply #11446 on: September 12, 2017, 12:21:44 PM »
Depends on the job and even more on the boss. But communication is the key, just sit down with your boss, arrange a meeting where you can talk in private and firmly but not rashly bring the topic to them. Ask what they think, if they want you to do something else or just more? Or do less of something else that's taking you downhill?
Communication is the key, mate, if you won't communicate you will not know the other side's opinion. And without it you are as blind as it gets.

Offline YuutoAmakawa

• J-Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #11445 on: September 10, 2017, 11:58:52 PM »
Yuutooooo! Mah ma~an!
Of course I remember you. Why wouldn't I?
I mean... I can't remember what I did last week, what I ate yesterday or whether or not I went to bathroom earlier today... But I don't forget people. Especially you guys here.

I hope you're doing better than you think you are. Paranoia and cynicism can get you only as far as you can see, but you can get further without knowing because you're stuck in you own projection of the surrounding reality...
In short - try not to only see the bad things...

:wahaha: :wahaha: I thought after so long disappearing from here, nobody remembers me  :wahaha:

Lame joke. Fortunately these days I try to distant myself with paranoia & cynicism (not much success, but it's the start). I think I'm doing little better than what I believe.  :evil-thought: :evil-thought:

Ok joke aside, mate.

A question for everyone: when you slowly but steadily feel like you aren't belong at work, or more like, loosing interest in your current post; or even more specifically, your senior loose trust on you & refuse to handle tasks to you ---> Should you quit (right away? or wait a couple weeks/months to find another job before running, for security?) and tell that to your senior? If so, is there anyway to tell him without burning the bridge? (a.k.a permanently damage our relationship).

Offline Jump3R

• Global Moderator
  • Galaxia
  • 真実はいつもひとつ!
    • View Profile
    • FictionPress Acc
« Reply #11444 on: September 02, 2017, 10:32:54 AM »
Yuutooooo! Mah ma~an!
Of course I remember you. Why wouldn't I?
I mean... I can't remember what I did last week, what I ate yesterday or whether or not I went to bathroom earlier today... But I don't forget people. Especially you guys here.

I hope you're doing better than you think you are. Paranoia and cynicism can get you only as far as you can see, but you can get further without knowing because you're stuck in you own projection of the surrounding reality...
In short - try not to only see the bad things...

Offline YuutoAmakawa

• J-Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #11443 on: September 01, 2017, 11:55:34 AM »
I'm back guys, and I'm playing for keeps!
Unless sh*t hits my fans majorly again I ain't going nowhere...

Meaning -  busy few months, busier week, getting ready to have another full cycle around the sun completed in a week or so... 26 circles around the su~n!
WOOOOO!
 :RAAHRAAHRU:
Sorry, please read the forum rules to see why you can't view spoilers and why you can't post in this forum section. Thank you!

Long time, mate  :4da5b0e8: :4da5b0e8: :4da5b0e8:

That is, if you remember me  :wahaha: :wahaha: :wahaha:

I haven't changed much, if not change at all. Still paranoid, cynical, negative-in-full & bits of crazies.