hey hey , I find out a superb program : picwalker ... http://www.snapfiles.com/get/picwalker.html
just need a few minutes to learn how to use and a few hour to find out some awesome functions !
Yep, definitely the best comic viewer there is.
Here are some key features of "PicWalker
· Continuous pages options, horizontally or vertically.
(press C to activate this option or go to View->Display Mode and check continuous pages). Even if it had this one feature I would be using this program because it's the most convenient option for reading IMO.
· View pictures in archived files (ace, cab, rar, tar, and zip).
· Automatic scrolling.
· Alignment option.
· Explorer view, with customizable thumbnail size and quality.
· Zoom image with several different resampling filters (gaussian, mitchell, lanczos, etc.).
· Clipboard operation: Copy, paste, and combine images.
· Built-in editor with preview and multiple undo.
· Batch convert and manipulate.
(Although you can do it in Irfan View it's nice to have everything at hand).
· Customizable layout with docking windows and toolbars.
· Customizable keyboard and mouse shortcuts.
· Duplicate file finder.
(Very convenient tool)
· Slide show with transition effects.
· History of the last opened file in each directory.
(i.e. it remembers the last file opened in each directory but in more convenient way than MMCE does.)
· Support for plug-ins .
· Display BMP, GIF, ICO, JPG, JPEG2000, PBM, PCX, PGM, PNG, PPM, PSD, RAS, SGI, TIF, TGA, and WBMP files.
· Save as BMP, GIF, JPG, PBM, PCX, PGM, PNG, PPM, RAS, SGI and TGA.
You can scroll even super big files very easily, it's much more convenient than in MMCE. Scrolling HQ files in MMCE is a pain in the neck unless you have really big screen.
It supported reading files in multiplied archives long before MMCE even existed! Unfortunately this awesome program is no longer being developed :/. In time I might switch to MMCE but for now PicWalker wins. Not only it "weighs" 700 KB after installation but also works perfectly on linux if wine is installed. It has however ONE weakness - rarely it has difficulties with some .rar files. Have no idea why. For that reason till now I've been using CDisplayEx too (if PicWalker couldn't handle it) but thanks to You I'll switch to MMCE as my alternative comic viewer.
Also MMCE wins when it comes to memory usage
. Edit: Nope, not true. Picwalker uses more memory but after reading first page from 40 MB goes to 10-12 MB, while MMCE uses about 30 MB at first and over 20MB later. Overall Picwalker wins.
Some time ago I've tried almost every comic viewer there is including Hamana. It's nice program but uses quite a lot memory, has tons of useless functions and doesn't have handy image scroll.