Funds $0 | Needed $120
Like the community? Enjoy reading manga?
Then click on the small donation banner! Thx!

0%

Author Topic: New Membergroups (Suggestions Wanted)  (Read 1842 times)

Offline obbieuth

• _̴ı̴̴̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡*̡̡ ̴̡ı̴̴̡ ̡̡͡|̲̲̲͡͡͡ ̲▫̲͡ ̲̲̲͡͡π̲̲͡͡ ̲̲͡▫̲̲͡͡ ̲|̡̡̡ ̡ ̴̡ı̴̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡
  • God of Earth
  • Renommée: 155
    • View Profile
Re: New Membergroups (Suggestions Wanted)
« Reply #16 on: April 20, 2016, 12:57:08 PM »
Exactly, now precisely how we want to split the hierarchy up I think is a fun thing to think about. I don't want to come off as sounding like a rigid prick. I just wanted to make those two points. That Alpha & Omega should be some kind of symbolic throw out. And that we want to have a sort of internal consistency within our ranking, which we do right now.

Offline Jump3R

• Shiroyasha|燃えてきたぜ!!|FanBoy/FB|OVER NINE THOUSA~ND posts!|Totally Off The Wall And Crazy (Totwac)|Dragon of the 9 Threads of Spam|Itsumo|Gyarakushia|Jyan|Wiseass| Shogun Obvious|Sweater|Sir Douchebag
  • Global Moderator
  • Galaxia
  • Renommée: 153
  • 真実はいつもひとつ!
    • View Profile
    • FictionPress Acc
« Reply #15 on: April 20, 2016, 11:43:34 AM »
Yes, that is a very good and valid point...
Also - If I was to reach 500k like I proposed the A&O rank to be in the first suggestion I'd need 50 years to get there with my current average post rate... So it does look like a nice ultimate goal here...

Offline obbieuth

• _̴ı̴̴̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡*̡̡ ̴̡ı̴̴̡ ̡̡͡|̲̲̲͡͡͡ ̲▫̲͡ ̲̲̲͡͡π̲̲͡͡ ̲̲͡▫̲̲͡͡ ̲|̡̡̡ ̡ ̴̡ı̴̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡
  • God of Earth
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 20, 2016, 11:37:31 AM »
Yeah, that sounds good. But you see my point about a normal king not being higher than a god no?

Offline Jump3R

• Shiroyasha|燃えてきたぜ!!|FanBoy/FB|OVER NINE THOUSA~ND posts!|Totally Off The Wall And Crazy (Totwac)|Dragon of the 9 Threads of Spam|Itsumo|Gyarakushia|Jyan|Wiseass| Shogun Obvious|Sweater|Sir Douchebag
  • Global Moderator
  • Galaxia
  • 真実はいつもひとつ!
    • View Profile
    • FictionPress Acc
« Reply #13 on: April 20, 2016, 09:58:10 AM »
When I think about kings of Gods I can't shake off the Kai's in Dragon Ball franchise. Kaio literally means "king of worlds" which is higher in hierarchy than guardian of planet (Kami - lit. God). And above the Kaio there are Kaioshin, god kings of worlds. And above them all is Daikaioshin, Great God King of Worlds... I think we can go with something similar, like King of Forum (50k) -> God King of Forum (100k) -> Great God King (200k) and finish with the Alpha & Omega (500k)... And THAT would be an accomplishment if anyone got to Alpha and Omega... they would be the true beginning and end... And there would be no other ranks needed either.

Another proposition between Galaxia and Alpha & Omega: Universal Monarch and then Omniversal Emperor

Offline Zworden

• Lvl. 100 King Poring - Kai
  • J-Legend
  • Renommée: 14
  • Now I understand that I will never understand
    • View Profile
    • Zworden Translation
« Reply #12 on: April 20, 2016, 09:21:14 AM »
Rex Deorum (King of Gods in latin)

Offline obbieuth

• God of Earth
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 19, 2016, 03:10:13 PM »
Haha, yeah, which is precisely why we are planning on having one in the first place!

Online Miguelostos

• Global Moderator
  • Silver Dragon
  • Renommée: 5213
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2016, 09:20:49 PM »
I suppose so.
The Gods are ascended regular members, the King sits atop all of them, but then there are the moderators, who wield a power greater than any God ever could  :hahaha:

All shit aside, we'll probably have to iron out any irregularities like the one you pointed out, by way of a poll, and member input.

Offline obbieuth

• God of Earth
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2016, 04:36:05 PM »
Sounds good.

Oh and as far as my thoughts go on the intermediary titles. Don't you think King sounds like a step back from God?

Haha, Forum God-King!

Online Miguelostos

• Global Moderator
  • Silver Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2016, 10:44:06 PM »
The title is no longer a title as it stands, byakushiki probably got rid of it at some point, but, it does hold a certain finality to it, so it is a very fitting final user rank.
So, once this is all over, I'll probably reinstate the title as the 100000 post based membergroup, (that is, unless someone comes up with something that is more fitting to sit atop the ranks).

Offline obbieuth

• God of Earth
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2016, 05:40:21 PM »
I mean, if its all the same to everyone anyway, I really think that would be a nice gesture of respect towards DS, yes I know that guide is out of date, yes I know she hasn't been here in a while but it IS printed in there. And since I think we all know who is going to reach that number first...I think Jump would probably feel positive about that one particular name.

The rest, meh, don't care as much. Though I DID put some effort into my thought, not a big deal if we go another direction, totally cool.

Offline Jump3R

• Global Moderator
  • Galaxia
  • 真実はいつもひとつ!
    • View Profile
    • FictionPress Acc
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2016, 02:57:14 AM »
 Well, you should at least put Alpha & Omega in the poll... and technically what Obbie said does make sense, there are groups in ranks here...

Online Miguelostos

• Global Moderator
  • Silver Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2016, 11:56:22 PM »
Forum King isn't what comes next if you look at DS's original Newbie Guide.
The newbie guide has been out of date for years, as far as certain things go, this being one of them.
Alpha and Omega hasn't existed for a long time, I can tell you this for certain, because it is not in the admin section, which is where I pulled all of the current stuff from.

Offline obbieuth

• God of Earth
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2016, 08:19:55 PM »
Forum King isn't what comes next if you look at DS's original Newbie Guide. Its 35,000   - Alpha & Omega. If we are going to think of new names to add, I would respectfully submit that we should continue on with the current trend. There is rather a theme to it too, the names start off as mortals, progress to titans, highlanders, dragons, gods, and finally Galactus, who is basically a cosmic force. Alpha & Omega if you look at the title, the beginning and the end. Going with the theme of the intergalactic and the physics of the universe I propose there are a few ways to look at this. You could try naming something that came before the beginning or which will exist after the end, which...is a fairly theoretical realm. Maybe you could get 1 or two ideas squeezed out like Quantum Fluctuation or Cosmic Background Radiation, neither of which is bad, but I think you'd quickly hit a wall.

Another way you could look at it is by naming some of the largest known structures of the universe, like the Pillars of Creation, Sculptor Wall, Shapley Supercluster, Sloan Great Wall, Hercules-Corona Borealis Great Wall.

Another way of looking at naming something immense is not by naming something that is large, but something that is a large void. Immense spaces between galaxy filaments. They aren't structures but enormous, open, empty spaces with nearly nothing in them thought to be caused by quantum fluctuations during the forming of the universe.

Southern Local Supervoid, Eridanus Supervoid, Giant Void

wiki
Sorry, please read the forum rules to see why you can't view spoilers and why you can't post in this forum section. Thank you!

Take or leave my idea, but I would respectfully ask that we keep the original title at what it was originally set to, Alpha & Omega.

Offline Zworden

• Lvl. 100 King Poring - Kai
  • J-Legend
  • Renommée: 14
  • Now I understand that I will never understand
    • View Profile
    • Zworden Translation
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2016, 04:13:54 AM »
I'll just throw some here just for inspiration or taken for poll
Sorry, please read the forum rules to see why you can't view spoilers and why you can't post in this forum section. Thank you!

Offline Jump3R

• Global Moderator
  • Galaxia
  • 真実はいつもひとつ!
    • View Profile
    • FictionPress Acc
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2016, 03:43:01 AM »
Heh, nice one Miguel xd
:yay:
And I'm just not talking about the suggestion :P

So, my suggestion for today would be Universal Sovereign

Online Miguelostos

• Global Moderator
  • Silver Dragon
    • View Profile
New Membergroups (Suggestions Wanted)
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2016, 03:34:45 AM »
We need more post based user ranks, for those of you unaware of the recent happenings of the forums.
Suggest as many as you like, taking into consideration the current membergroups:
We are currently looking for 2 ranks to succeed Galaxia.
Please try to suggest stuff that actually makes sense, and if there is an idea behind any of your suggestions, please elaborate so that it makes sense to everyone.

After everyone has had an opportunity to contribute a suggestion, the poll shall commence.

To get the ball rolling, I suggest 'Tsar of the Boards'.