Funds $18 | Needed $120
Like the community? Enjoy reading manga?
Then click on the small donation banner! Thx!

17%

Author Topic: Introducing: Jaded misanthrope bored sitting in a hotel room  (Read 545163 times)

Offline robonxt

• "Mental curruption at 75%. Please evacuate. All safety fail-proof systems are now offline."
  • J-Hero
  • Renommée: 35
  • World's first high-tech human-like robot
    • View Profile
Re: Introducing: Jaded misanthrope bored sitting in a hotel room
« Reply #10758 on: April 07, 2017, 09:23:44 PM »
If jCafe was an app....

Offline Bax

• Champion of The Annihilators - Slayer Of Humanity -Dark Duke -NightSoul
  • Global Moderator
  • Gold Dragon
  • Renommée: 20
  • Let The Madness Begin
    • View Profile
« Reply #10757 on: April 07, 2017, 11:28:55 AM »
i honestly didnt like the chat xD , so easy to miss what people talked about or discussed before i showed up , taking into consideration the timezone differences that is a major issue ... yeah ill stick to the forums where i can respond to everyone easily

Offline obbieuth

• _̴ı̴̴̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡*̡̡ ̴̡ı̴̴̡ ̡̡͡|̲̲̲͡͡͡ ̲▫̲͡ ̲̲̲͡͡π̲̲͡͡ ̲̲͡▫̲̲͡͡ ̲|̡̡̡ ̡ ̴̡ı̴̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡
  • God of Earth
  • Renommée: 155
    • View Profile
« Reply #10756 on: April 06, 2017, 07:49:54 PM »
I guess the happy thought is I don't FEEL older haha.

Man no one visits here anymore...

I want to get the guys back here. I know the chat is good too. But damn. COME BACK EVERYONE!

Offline Bax

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Dragon
  • Let The Madness Begin
    • View Profile
« Reply #10755 on: April 06, 2017, 11:25:54 AM »
Getting older is always a sad thought

Offline obbieuth

• _̴ı̴̴̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡*̡̡ ̴̡ı̴̴̡ ̡̡͡|̲̲̲͡͡͡ ̲▫̲͡ ̲̲̲͡͡π̲̲͡͡ ̲̲͡▫̲̲͡͡ ̲|̡̡̡ ̡ ̴̡ı̴̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡
  • God of Earth
    • View Profile
« Reply #10754 on: April 05, 2017, 03:59:56 PM »
Well, I'm a year older now. 31...

Offline Bax

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Dragon
  • Let The Madness Begin
    • View Profile
« Reply #10753 on: April 03, 2017, 11:16:29 AM »
yeah no doubt there , especially nowdays ... Its quite the challenge these days

Offline obbieuth

• God of Earth
    • View Profile
« Reply #10752 on: April 02, 2017, 06:46:50 PM »
And you absolutely do get judged if you don't.

Offline Bax

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Dragon
  • Let The Madness Begin
    • View Profile
« Reply #10751 on: April 02, 2017, 04:35:21 AM »
I know what you mean ... i believe its a man thing ... always trying to put on a strong front in public and infront of others ...

Offline obbieuth

• God of Earth
    • View Profile
« Reply #10750 on: April 01, 2017, 08:11:34 PM »
Yeah man, you do have to stand on your own two feet. For sure. I know what you mean though. I think everyone should have to fight, and win, and survive a battle. It forges you like heat forges metal. I hate my college, but I grew stronger because I survived there. Too many people are never tested, or are tested and fail, and are never the same.

That is how it should be, but all too frequently, that isn't how it is. I feel emotions, but most of the time, I am in strict control of myself. I normally don't really let myself openly feel unless I'm at home and alone. I know its going to sound dumb but I don't like being overly sappy in front of others. I don't like projecting weakness. Sometimes when I'm at home alone, and watching a really good movie or anime, I'll let it get to me. But no matter the situation, I never do that in public.

Offline Bax

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Dragon
  • Let The Madness Begin
    • View Profile
« Reply #10749 on: March 31, 2017, 05:27:10 PM »
Cant babysit them forever ... a man has to man up and take a hold of his life , sometimes i feel like it may be our fault for always being there for them , they always had someone to depend on and when that someone wasnt there they fell apart and couldnt stand up on their own ... troublesome

Emotions should not be allowed to come before the mind , they are always inflated and excessive and nothing good comes from letting the emotions win over the mind ... mixing the two can work but letting the brain take a back seat to the heart will lead to disaster

Offline obbieuth

• God of Earth
    • View Profile
« Reply #10748 on: March 31, 2017, 04:15:21 PM »
Yeah he is a perfect role model. Being famous or powerful...well it wouldn't help the character. The portrayal of his character. He is a character that is embroiled in struggle. And yeah, I don't know how someone could, but I saw it happen. He was chronically making very bad choices. For a time (4 years) I kept him from ruining his life, but eventually he went totally off the deep end.

People feel, they don't think. They give no thought to their lives nor the lives of others. And as far as alcohol goes, I heard a great way to get addicted to that is to start with the mentality "I'm just going to have one after work" Then it becomes two and so on and so fourth. I will have a drink occasionally. But I have very specific rules for when that happens, and the rules guarantee that it is a rare event, and not one that can be planned. Whole months or years may go by without me having any. I can't have any if I'm driving anywhere. I can't have any if I'm alone (this isn't just having someone around, its more like for a social reason. Like you're at a wedding or out with friends or some shit) And I never drink until I'm drunk. Only 1 or 2, just enough to relax me.

Offline Bax

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Dragon
  • Let The Madness Begin
    • View Profile
« Reply #10747 on: March 31, 2017, 01:00:29 PM »
He is indeed one hell of a role model ... I still cant understand how some people can side with griffith ... I mean the whole idea was to make him appear as the bad guy according to human standards .. he is literally the manifestation of all bad qualities in humans ... How can any sane person pick him over gutts ? ... I mean sure gutts may not have reached high positions and was not as famous and all that , but seriously who cares about those things ? only selfish and superficial people would ...

Seriously drugs are a major threat to the sanity of the human race ... Its like everyone is just trying to destroy everything , be it their bodies or the world ... Smoke , extensive alcohol , Drugs ,Chemicals such as makeup and tattoos that have been proven to cause cancer and other sicknesses .. Why would anyone want to harm themselves that way ? makes you wonder just how badly do people hate themselves to try to hard to harm themselves

Offline obbieuth

• God of Earth
    • View Profile
« Reply #10746 on: March 30, 2017, 08:25:24 PM »
Escaping what was forced upon you is an admirable and worthy goal. And not too dissimilar from what Guts aspired to himself.

There was no one like that for him when he was growing up, true. But there are large stretches of the story where that isn't true either. Casca is always in the background, yes. But at a certain point she is so far down the rabbit hole that I'm not sure she should count for a reason as to why he keeps going. She is so far away as to be theoretical for large portions of the story. And yet he keeps going. Most people in that situation would give up.

Its hard to say what kept him going. I feel very strongly that it is something internal, not something external. I think its a determination that wells up from deep within him. An anger, that the world will not beat him down. And a will to live, to keep living, to carry on. I don't know if its a reason to live, or trying to be the best version of himself. I kinda feel like he is so low, and struggling so hard to stay alive, that he hasn't actually been able to fathom things as lofty as reasons to live. He struggles, and fights, and claws, and bleeds simply to keep going. To persevere.

When I first found it was in high school, that was the original anime. At the time I had a friend I watched it with. My friend always liked the character Griffith and disdained Guts. I was the exact opposite, I always felt something within Griffith was deeply broken and flawed. Well...reality has a sense of humor it would seem. As silly as this may sound to say, it is as though each of us was blessed with the qualities of that character. Perhaps it is because we ourselves strove to make that vision true. He is my friend no longer and has fallen down a path of depravity that is so deep I no longer want him to be a part of my life. But much like Griffith was, he was blessed with an unusual genius, things came very easily to him. Too easily maybe. He waited too long to date girls, and when he did he went kind of crazy with it. The chick he fell for got him wrapped up in drugs and nothing I could do could pull him out of it and get his head straight. When he started doing harder drugs I cut him out of my life mercilessly. And I'd do it again. Maybe I'm reaching for myself but I feel an attunement to Guts because although things are going well for me now, they weren't always. Pharmacy school was hard, and I probably wasn't smart enough to survive it. But I did. I fought, and scraped, and clawed.

Sorry, please read the forum rules to see why you can't view spoilers and why you can't post in this forum section. Thank you!

That image in particular stayed with me a lot. And its how I felt going through that school. But I kept giving it everything I had. I gave it more than I had. I actually had to grow stronger during the fight simply to survive. But I did survive. And now that willpower and resolve has stayed with me throughout my life after that struggle. It has become a part of me. And it allows me to set my path no matter what tide might be set against me. I'm not the smartest, definitely not the strongest, nor the fastest. But I can choose my own fate, and no force on Earth can move me.

So yeah, I'm definitely happy with the role model I chose   ;)

Offline Bax

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Dragon
  • Let The Madness Begin
    • View Profile
« Reply #10745 on: March 30, 2017, 11:08:08 AM »
It seems we both found Berserk at the lowest point in our lives so far ... it indeed helped me aspire for better things and work harder to achieve the goals even if those goals back then were to escape the life that was forced on me ... There was a time when i thought that the thing that made gutts so strong and determined was because he wanted to protect or serve someone ... but then again there was no one like that for him when he was growing up and still being just as much of a badass ... Made me wonder just what was it that kept him going , to keep surpassing his limits and aim for even more ... Perhaps it was his desire to find a reason to live , Or perhaps that was the only way he could feel alive ..

Yeah with the main players away threads will die out easily

Offline obbieuth

• God of Earth
    • View Profile
« Reply #10744 on: March 29, 2017, 10:39:21 PM »
In spirit that is true, but nothing is too great to get fucked over by corporate greed.

Now I CAN'T end on that note or my fucking thread will die!

What characterizes Guts most for me is his limitless mental fortitude and endurance. He has to survive so many awful trials. I watched the anime in high school, but I found the manga in college when I was also being tested at the worst point in my life. So it was for me frequently a source of inspiration.

Offline Bax

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Dragon
  • Let The Madness Begin
    • View Profile
« Reply #10743 on: March 29, 2017, 12:47:24 PM »
So do i friend ... So do i ... I think well see an end in 5 years .. And i doubt it will disappoint us , Its just too great to have a terrible ending

Offline obbieuth

• God of Earth
    • View Profile
« Reply #10742 on: March 28, 2017, 09:32:16 PM »
Oh man that is good to hear. I can't tell you how happy I am he came back to it. That hiatus fucking broke my heart.

But I gotta tell you Bax, as much as I love Berserk. I hope to god he gives it a proper end my friend. I don't want to see it simply trail off into nothing and get a crap end or none at all.

Offline Bax

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Dragon
  • Let The Madness Begin
    • View Profile
« Reply #10741 on: March 28, 2017, 12:08:22 PM »
Id say its worth it , also the next chapter will be late april xD so its looking good for now , no hiatus in sight for now atleast

Offline obbieuth

• God of Earth
    • View Profile
« Reply #10740 on: March 27, 2017, 10:14:54 PM »
Dammit! You are really making me want to check it out.

Offline Bax

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Dragon
  • Let The Madness Begin
    • View Profile
« Reply #10739 on: March 25, 2017, 03:40:40 PM »
New Berserk chapter is out WOOOHOOO ... and guess what it has the Dark sad aura to it just like the good old berserk did before the latest arcs ... I had a tear in my eye at Page 16 in the new chapter

Offline obbieuth

• God of Earth
    • View Profile
« Reply #10738 on: March 25, 2017, 01:58:52 PM »
Its similar. This is my own colorful interpretation. This massive thread was originally my introduction thread and I remember seeing all these short, lackluster threads. Something which is still in full stride. So I came up with this one designing it to be deliberately long because I wanted to make a solid effort to get to know people here. And its been pretty cool so far.

Offline saturos44

• J-Starter
  • Renommée: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #10737 on: March 20, 2017, 10:54:53 AM »
actually, that is the meaning of misanthrope?

Offline ketsuge

• J-Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #10736 on: March 17, 2017, 06:58:18 AM »
wooooo

Offline obbieuth

• God of Earth
    • View Profile
« Reply #10735 on: March 16, 2017, 10:35:52 PM »
Newp. I got nothing. But I'm glad you are visiting my thread! I still check jcafe a lot, but most of the regulars besides Bax use the gmail hangout we forged when jcafe died for a few weeks.

Offline Renton Toshiki

• A Professional Alien
  • J-Hero
  • Life is a game of probability
    • View Profile
« Reply #10734 on: March 15, 2017, 09:19:06 PM »
Well someone.

Offline obbieuth

• God of Earth
    • View Profile
« Reply #10733 on: March 15, 2017, 08:44:28 PM »
Tis a path I have not traversed yet. I'm sorry

Offline Renton Toshiki

• A Professional Alien
  • J-Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #10732 on: March 15, 2017, 10:45:44 AM »
Anyone knows how to follow a story on royal road?

Offline MintiNF

• J-Werewolf j-Batman
  • Global Moderator
  • God of Water
  • Renommée: 82
  • its hard work being lazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #10731 on: March 14, 2017, 09:57:22 PM »
:lonely: Time is not kind

Offline obbieuth

• God of Earth
    • View Profile
« Reply #10730 on: March 11, 2017, 11:35:36 PM »
Well that is an inscrutable post. And man, this place is so dead.

Offline Renton Toshiki

• A Professional Alien
  • J-Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #10729 on: March 06, 2017, 04:25:57 AM »
................,.................,.......,.......,!........(.............!!!)....?:....................................,......????!,!!+