Funds $0 | Needed $120
Like the community? Enjoy reading manga?
Then click on the small donation banner! Thx!

0%

Author Topic: Mardock Scramble (novels) vol.1-3, Velocity 1+, Fragments, (manga) vol.01-07 Complete  (Read 5939 times)

Offline sickwake

• J-Hero
  • Renommée: 1
    • View Profile
Sweet guys thanks guys I really loved the first movie. Stoked on the continuation of the series.

Offline millmill

• J-Member
  • Renommée: 77
    • View Profile

Manga Vol.01~06 reupload

Sorry, please read the forum rules to see why you can't view spoilers and why you can't post in this forum section. Thank you!

Offline FairGame

• S-Angel Hime-chan
  • J-Highlander
  • Renommée: 1287
  • Suteki na Anata ni Okurimono♥
    • View Profile
What the...? I seem to recall there being more posts in this thread, including some made by FairGame. Or is my memory now playing tricks on me?

Yeah, I remember there was more posts too. it must have got deleted during cleaning.

Offline Renegade334

• ** RETIRING **
  • Silver Dragon
  • Renommée: 6191
  • Do NOT ask me how to see DL links. READ THE RULES!
    • View Profile
Re: Mardock Scramble (novels) vol.1-3, Velocity 1+, Fragments
« Reply #10 on: June 12, 2012, 10:41:15 PM »
What the...? I seem to recall there being more posts in this thread, including some made by FairGame. Or is my memory now playing tricks on me?

Anyway...

Manga vol.07 (END):

Sorry, please read the forum rules to see why you can't view spoilers and why you can't post in this forum section. Thank you!

Do NOT repost (meaning: copy and paste) this link either outside of jcafe24 or in plain sight.

You have trouble downloading? READ THIS THREAD IN ITS ENTIRETY.

Offline chaoscube

• J-Recruit
  • Renommée: 6
    • View Profile
Re: Mardock Scramble vol.01-05+
« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2012, 06:10:34 AM »
Some novels from Mardock series:
1) Mardock Scramble volumes 1-3 (complete) - scans of the first edition (2003). Also there was revised edition in 2009 (all in one book) and reprint of revised edition in 3 books in 2010.
2) Mardock Velocity volume 1 (complete with 3 volumes) - scans of the original publication (2006). Although the story is set in the same universe, it does not directly connected to the Scramble storyline. The publisher has plans to print revised edition in 2012 as it was done with Scramble.
3) Mardock Fragments (published in August 2011). It's a compilation of a short stories:
 1. Mardock Scramble "104" (initially published in 2003 in SF Magazine) - also, it was adapted into manga oneshot in Monthly Gangan mag.
 2. Mardock Scramble "-200" (initially published in 2004 in SF Magazine)
 3. Preface of Mardock Scramble (new)
 4. Mardock Velocity Prologue & Epilogue (revised version from the books)
 5. Mardock Anonymous "Warbird" (new)
 6. Preface of Mardock Anonymous (new)
 7. Interview with the author (Ubukata Tow) about the series' future and such.

Thank you for the info

Offline Ikari

• J-Hardcore
  • Renommée: 596
    • View Profile
Manga is somewhat different than the original novel, the movie is a more faithful adaptation, afaik it's gonna be a trilogy?

The japanese BD came with english subs, the current US DVD release is the slightly censored theatrical version, while the jp. BD inclues both the theatrical and homevideo release. Sentai is re-releasing it on DVD and BD in March, and Kaze is releasing the BD in Europe.

I think Kodansha is publishing the manga in the US, Haikasoru (Viz inprint) published the novels in an omnibus format and it's kinda dirt cheap. Read it the other day, good stuff.

Offline H0shi

• This is insanely GOOD!
  • J-Hero
  • Renommée: 58
  • You will die if I hit you this, right?
    • View Profile
    • Crazy Cake Blog
« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2011, 06:48:39 AM »
1) Mardock Scramble volumes 1-3 (complete) - scans of the first edition (2003). Also there was revised edition in 2009 (all in one book) and reprint of revised edition in 3 books in 2010.
2) Mardock Velocity volume 1 (complete with 3 volumes) - scans of the original publication (2006). Although the story is set in the same universe, it does not directly connected to the Scramble storyline. The publisher has plans to print revised edition in 2012 as it was done with Scramble.
3) Mardock Fragments (published in August 2011). It's a compilation of a short stories:
 1. Mardock Scramble "104" (initially published in 2003 in SF Magazine) - also, it was adapted into manga oneshot in Monthly Gangan mag.

Thank you!!!

Offline Spiritovod

• >:3
  • J-Legend
  • Renommée: 1583
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2011, 04:38:41 AM »

Offline H0shi

• This is insanely GOOD!
  • J-Hero
  • Renommée: 58
  • You will die if I hit you this, right?
    • View Profile
    • Crazy Cake Blog
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2011, 12:43:36 AM »
anybody has the novel of this?  :huh:

Offline SAuGold

• J-Starter
  • Renommée: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2011, 09:42:57 AM »
Thank you sooo much! :yay: I tried finding it on chinese comic sites but I only found volume two  :lonely:

Offline T1

• The H Emperor
  • J-Master
  • Renommée: 78
    • View Profile
    • Que Bono?!
Re: Mardock Scramble vol.01+
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2011, 08:40:57 PM »
Cool, did anyone ever sub the ova?

I don't remember that but I wanted to see it since then I've not have had that much time to check it out....

Still..the manga :D~~~~

Thanks to Renegade334 for putting it up there and Lsshin for seeing if helz wanna do it.

Offline Lsshin

• don't touch my cookies!!!
  • Forum Donator
  • J-Regular
  • Renommée: 6
  • farewell my creapy avatar XD
    • View Profile
    • ..::OC-Scans::..
Re: Mardock Scramble vol.01+
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2011, 01:49:54 PM »
Thank you both, ill have a friend off mine check and see if he's intrested in this series

Offline Renegade334

• ** RETIRING **
  • Silver Dragon
  • Renommée: 6191
  • Do NOT ask me how to see DL links. READ THE RULES!
    • View Profile

Quote from: OVA summary
Why me?
It was to be the last thought a young prostitute, Rune-Balot, would ever have...as a human anyway.
Taken in by a devious gambler named Shell, she became a slave to his cruel desires and would have been killed by his hand if not for the self-aware Universal Tool (and little yellow mouse) known as Oeufcoque.
Now a cyborg, Balot is not only nigh-invulnerable, but has the ability to disrupt electrical systems of all sorts. But even these powers may not be enough for Balot to deal with Shell, who offloads his memories to remain above the law, the immense assassin Dimsdale-Boiled, or the neon-noir streets of Mardock City itself.

Demographics: Adventure / Sci-fi / Shounen

This was adapted from a novel, a cancelled OVA and two movies (a remake and its sequel). If you don't already know, Ubukata Tow is a well-known name in the Japanese sci-fi industry - in both literature AND animation. He's participated in many anime projects like Heroic Age, Fafner of the Azure and mangas like Pilgrim Jäger. It should also be noted that the Mardock Scramble novel earned him the prestigious Science Fiction Grand Prize.