As a noob in programming, I have been itching to find a way to extract from the new version of Bookwalker. Nothing good so far, here is what I have been through, so I thought I would note it if it helps:
1> Database password/structure change. New tables, keys/XOR phrases are encrypted (by CryptoJS). So even if you use the new version to download the ebook and try to extract using the old one, it would not work because the keys are different (encrypted). So is the liscenseUnit file.
2> Bookwalker.exe is strongly obfuscated. Unlike the old version in which we can decompile and read the source code (which makes up most of the code in the old extractor), this time it is protected so I have no idea how they encrypt the keys. Using de4dot only reveals partial code, which does not help much.
3> Trying to decompile DecLib.dll allows me to understand that some new functions have been added to the dll file, which can help decrypting the data. I got all the EntryPoint and function param using IDA, but still cannot link the dll in VS. Guess what, I think the dll is protected against unauthorized use as well, and I am too noob to figure out the way to bypass the check. At this point I decided to give up and hope for someone better to save the day. Well, cannot expect much from a total amateur anw :(