Funds $54 | Needed $150
Like the community? Enjoy reading manga?
Then click on the small donation banner! Thx!

39%

Author Topic: How to grab online manga from official japanese sites  (Read 132349 times)

Offline Renegade334

• ** RETIRING **
  • Silver Dragon
  • Renommée: 6190
  • Do NOT ask me how to see DL links. READ THE RULES!
    • View Profile
Re: How to grab online manga from official japanese sites
« Reply #61 on: March 18, 2012, 05:06:37 AM »
OMD v0.1.8 now available:

Sorry, please read the forum rules to see why you can't view spoilers and why you can't post in this forum section. Thank you!

Quote from: changelog
This is more of a maintenance release than a proper update. Fixed some stuff:
  • Changed Download button position. Hitting Enter on the URL field also does the same thing now.
  • Tiled files (Flipper, PluginFree, parts of Actibook) are now saved as PNG instead of JPEG to avoid artifacts.
  • Added a feature that allows you to save your Nico account info. Create a file called "passwords.properties" in the OMD folder, paste these two lines, and change the details.
    [email protected]
    nicoPassword=password

Offline y3kcjd5

• J-Hardcore
  • Renommée: 159
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: March 12, 2012, 03:06:05 AM »
Wow, I just tried OMD and it's really easy to use! The only (minor) gripe I have with it is that it saves in jpg format, so the images it produces lose a bit of quality. Since most readers don't give you very good images anyways this usually isn't a problem but I do notice some degradation in the nice 2100px ones from comic high, so I think I'll stick to screenshots for that one.

Offline Renegade334

• ** RETIRING **
  • Silver Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: January 24, 2012, 08:46:44 AM »
Perhaps one of the only good news of the day...

Online Manga Downloader v0.1.7:

Sorry, please read the forum rules to see why you can't view spoilers and why you can't post in this forum section. Thank you!

Quote (selected)
Lots of changes:
  • Updated Comic Rush to work with its new "Multilingual Comic System." Sadly, I couldn't find any examples of translated manga on the Comic Rush site. Also, I removed the login stuff for it, since buyers essentially just pay for the URL to the item. Just give it the URL with the "csa-platform.jp" domain.
  • Added Daum and Papy (bookend).
  • Removed Nico Nico Event because it's been made obsolete.
  • Added the ability for three simultaneous downloads. There may or may not be a problem with downloading two Nico Nico E-Books items at a time. Please send me the log if that happens.

Offline silverado

• Administrator
  • J-Titan
  • Renommée: 396
    • View Profile
    • Manga Underground
Re: Nico Nico manga general thread
« Reply #58 on: January 22, 2012, 08:38:54 PM »
Thank you for posting this interesting link here, but in order to create a better overview in Winny Club it becomes necessary to merge this topic with your online reader tutorials, although I know that they have little in common.

silv

Offline Spiritovod

• >:3
  • J-Legend
  • Renommée: 1582
    • View Profile
Hey, there's a way of doing this manually which is how I get raws:

It will not be necessary after the next OMD build will be out, since it supports Daum viewer as well:

Offline ads1230

• J-Starter
  • Renommée: 1
    • View Profile
Link doesn't work.

Either upload the PDF on a filehost like Megaupload/MediaFire or convert it into jpeg/png and reup on Imageshack.

worked for me but anyway heres a new link

This method's for FireFox ONLY

It take a while but when you get used to it you can do it in a couple of minutes

Offline Renegade334

• ** RETIRING **
  • Silver Dragon
    • View Profile
Link doesn't work.

Either upload the PDF on a filehost like Megaupload/MediaFire or convert it into jpeg/png and reup on Imageshack.

Offline ads1230

• J-Starter
  • Renommée: 1
    • View Profile
Hey, there's a way of doing this manually which is how I get raws:

Here's a tutorial I made... When doing it this way it's easier to grab all the links then let a download manger download the files...

Hope you like it :)

Offline Spiritovod

• J-Legend
    • View Profile
All online manga serialization websites store the images somewhere on their servers to access easily, so for those who are impatient about waiting for updates to programs like OMD for support, just figure out where the locations of the files themselves are, and then just batch download it.

For ActiBook, I decompiled the Flash and found their locations, and it's basically the same for any company that uses ActiBook. The location is simple to figure out. I really only rip raws off Comic Blade, but any other ActiBook-using company (like Gangan) will work as well.
I don't see any point in reinventing the wheel once again. It was done by japanese programmer a year and a half ago and by /a/non almost a year ago. At the moment OMD supports all the ActiBook modifications (including those one with page splitting, like GrandJump) regardless of the site.

Offline Sayorii

• J-Starter
  • Renommée: 0
    • View Profile
All online manga serialization websites store the images somewhere on their servers to access easily, so for those who are impatient about waiting for updates to programs like OMD for support, just figure out where the locations of the files themselves are, and then just batch download it.

For ActiBook, I decompiled the Flash and found their locations, and it's basically the same for any company that uses ActiBook. The location is simple to figure out. I really only rip raws off Comic Blade, but any other ActiBook-using company (like Gangan) will work as well.

Quote (selected)
Copy the link of the window, which looks like:

Remove the final portion, the _SWF_Window.html.

Copy it into your normal browser, and add this onto the end:

books/images/2/#.jpg

The two stands for HQ (not really), which you could replace with 1, which is super LQ.

The # stands for the page number. Just put in page numbers.

If anybody wants me to try and figure out some online serialization website that uses Flash, just give me a link and I'll see what I can do.

Plugin Free's kinda stupid though, cutting the pictures into pieces, so it really removes the point of downloading individual pages from it. The automated CGI generation of links doesn't help either.

Offline Spiritovod

• J-Legend
    • View Profile
without having to manually retrieve each page from the Temporary Internet Files folder...can't exactly complain since it is MUCH easier (a PHP website with static, unencrypted pictures) and straightforward (compared to being forced to reverse-engineering online readers or Flash-based applications), but it can be kind of tedious.

Actually it's not that necessary, because stuff like this can be downloaded with the help of any download manager with batch download functionality (via template). I've already explained it in the NicoNico topic nearly, but since it was not necessary there anymore, I've deleted this info.
So, basically:

P.S. Anon is currently implementing support for more viewers with encrypted and flash-based stuff. 

Offline Renegade334

• ** RETIRING **
  • Silver Dragon
    • View Profile
It's a pity OMD doesn't support alphapolis yet.

It'd be nice rip some of the series there
without having to manually retrieve each page from the Temporary Internet Files folder...can't exactly complain since it is MUCH easier (a PHP website with static, unencrypted pictures) and straightforward (compared to being forced to reverse-engineering online readers or Flash-based applications), but it can be kind of tedious.

Anyway, I can always go dumpster-diving...no pain, no gain.

Edit: yeah, it is actually quite easy, but less streamlined.

Offline Spiritovod

• J-Legend
    • View Profile
The only thing I wish they'd implement is a download queue functionality. This was doable on the 100806 apps by writing a batch file with successive execution commands (different target parameters), but it doesn't seem OMD is capable of that yet - or it's somewhere in the documentation and I should've given it more than a passing glance.
Well, you can run several instances of the OMD at the same time. Though I'm sure that this functionality will be added sooner or later, but only after all major connection problems will be resolved (there is not point to do it now).

.NET Framework 2.0 is required for Necoxy from the japanese soft pack.

Offline Renegade334

• ** RETIRING **
  • Silver Dragon
    • View Profile
OMD has indeed progressed by leaps and bounds and it's reached the point where the 100806 pack (and its successors) can be safely shelved and quietly forgotten. This version of OMD doesn't make my PC freeze when I send the java -jar * DOS command to kickstart the application, which is another point score in my book. The automatic detection/download system is pretty nifty - the manual selection process in the earlier versions didn't always work out for me (especially when trying to grab chapters on DOR/Crochet-powered online readers) and this patches what was kind of a dealbreaker for me.

The only thing I wish they'd implement is a download queue functionality. This was doable on the 100806 apps by writing a batch file with successive execution commands (different target parameters), but it doesn't seem OMD is capable of that yet - or it's somewhere in the documentation and I should've given it more than a passing glance.

P.S. I recently switched to a 64-bit OS and, contrarily to my concerns (due to earlier reports) that the 100806 apps wouldn't work on 64-bit, I was delighted to see that both OMD and the 100806 pack's contents are working flawlessly on x64 rigs. Just make sure you have the right and updated versions of Java Runtime Environment (JRE) - the x64 or the x86 build - and/or have .NET Framework present on your PC (I think some of the apps were compiled in C# or some .NET language), especially if you have XP (Vista and W7 already have .NET installed).

Offline Spiritovod

• J-Legend
    • View Profile
OMD has been updated to version 0.1.6 and it's truly a masterpiece - now it supports Web Young Jump type of viewer (which based on flash and swfs) and a few other Shueisha's viewers, Comic Rush's viewer and from now on it's even possible to resume your downloads from where they were left.

Offline Spiritovod

• J-Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 25, 2011, 04:55:25 AM »
Yes, you'll need an account in order to download from /book/ section of Nico Nico Seiga. And only latest issue of Nico Nico Ace is available at any given moment, that is why you can't see early chapters of the title.

Offline Zergt

• J-Regular
  • Renommée: 46
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: November 25, 2011, 04:41:21 AM »
Oh i knew it !! thanks! 

so if a understand , the manga are here for a limited time only! i want to download Tiger & Bunny and post the raws here! i don't read Japanes and i don't understand it! I think that we must be registred and maybe am I wrong, but for Tiger & Bunny it's the chapter 2 and I've also seen the chapter 1 (in the same page but i'm not sure)

Offline Spiritovod

• J-Legend
    • View Profile
And while OMD has been that improved so far, japanese pack has also been updated not long ago with the 111108 version. Besides new Yahoo Bookstore (which is also supported by the latest OMD builds), it also supports Comic Rush stuff (Clip Surfing viewer, which is kinda new on this scene):
Though I recommend to use OMD for the Yahoo Bookstore - it's more simple and reliable.

Also, I was again asked about this kind of stuff:
1) DO. NOT. PM. ME and just post such kind of questions here.
2) It was already explained in this topic what you should to do to grab that kind of stuff. Even with examples.

Offline Spiritovod

• J-Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 23, 2011, 05:37:15 AM »
The requested link was in the mentioned article at ANN:

I think I should update the topic with recent info, because now Nico Nico is offering at least 3 different services - in case if you're using OMD for downloading from there, those are "Official" (limited time offers, available through the main Nico Nico Seiga page), "User-published" (read the first post) and "E-Books" (Nico Nico Ace magazine and full volumes available for purchase via Book Walker service).

Offline Renegade334

• ** RETIRING **
  • Silver Dragon
    • View Profile
OMD v0.1.5:

Offline Zergt

• J-Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 19, 2011, 08:23:11 PM »
I read from ANN that Tiger & Bunny will be released everu tuesday in nico nico ...okey that's great, but i couldn't find any smells of the manga :s where can i find it , in found the manga listed in the thread!

source:

Offline Spiritovod

• J-Legend
    • View Profile
How to rip off .sva file?
If I'm not wrong, it's kinda encrypted format for Shueisha's manga browser (which is standalone software). So you can't unpack it or something unless you're a programmer - or, at least, you can screencap its contents.

Offline nw33b

• J-Member
  • Renommée: 15
    • View Profile
How to rip off .sva file?

Offline Renegade334

• ** RETIRING **
  • Silver Dragon
    • View Profile
OMD v0.1.4:

Offline Renegade334

• ** RETIRING **
  • Silver Dragon
    • View Profile

Not sure whether this one will work for me. OMD v0.1.0 worked just fine with the "java -jar (x)" command, but v0.1.2 once again caused a complete system lock. I will try v0.1.3 later, I'm not exactly fond of those deep-freezes (I don't like manually power-cycling my PC repeatedly) and I'd like to avoid them as much as possible.

Offline Zergt

• J-Regular
    • View Profile
ah okey!! thanks Spiritovod! it's was more easy to pick a manhwa by using Chrome than Firefox! i don't know why!

btw, can I post manhwa here ?

what is the name of the colored manhwa you show me as exemple please!

Offline Spiritovod

• J-Legend
    • View Profile
Not really, because its contents is not secured or something and could be found in the page contents (for example, through "Open blockable items" option of AdBlock Plus or through developer tools in Chrome).
Example of what you should look for in the page contents there:

Offline Zergt

• J-Regular
    • View Profile
Is there any tutorial to how grab manhwa from Daum ?  :huh:

Offline Spiritovod

• J-Legend
    • View Profile
With all those latest updates of OMD (I mean progress bar and full-sized images from pluginfree viewer) it becomes more preferable. I'm recommending to use it instead of GO/NCP/PFD pack for all major sites with online manga.

Offline Renegade334

• ** RETIRING **
  • Silver Dragon
    • View Profile
Online Manga Downloader (OMD) v0.1.1 is now available.

Replied: October 06, 2011, 08:40:37 AM
Ka-bump.

Now for OMD v0.1.2: