Funds $115 | Needed $120
Like the community? Enjoy reading manga?
Then click on the small donation banner! Thx!

101%

Author Topic: How to grab online manga from official japanese sites  (Read 139021 times)

Offline sirvenom5

• J-Starter
  • Renommée: 0
    • View Profile
Re: How to grab online manga from official japanese sites
« Reply #88 on: December 20, 2014, 12:26:36 PM »
Is there a software that can save manga from Niconico that follows watch/mgXXXX format instead of watch/bkXXXX?

Offline Miguelostos

• Global Moderator
  • Silver Dragon
  • Renommée: 5191
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: December 03, 2014, 02:43:55 PM »
jagman posted the best method for ripping comic walker chapters here: http://www.jcafe24.net/index.php?topic=43866.0

Offline GS

• J-Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: November 30, 2014, 12:04:27 AM »
The best method for Comic Walker, is to screencap with an ipad, or printscreen through your laptop/desktop.
Or if you really are dedicated, as you mentioned, you could try and rearrange this:
Sorry, please read the forum rules to see why you can't view spoilers and why you can't post in this forum section. Thank you!

It's actually relatively simple. There's only a limited number of ways the app scrambles it, and the way it chooses is easily determined anyways.

Offline Miguelostos

• Global Moderator
  • Silver Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: September 23, 2014, 05:53:31 PM »
The best way for sokuyomi.jp, is to printscreen.
I've purchased something from there before, and when I tried to extract the images from the viewer, they came out all scrambled.
Even though it may be strenuous, it works for me for the various other ebook stores I use.

Offline DinaraMint

• J-Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: September 23, 2014, 07:35:40 AM »
does anyone know how to download manga from sokuyomi.jp? i have purchased a tankobon but couldnt find a way to get the image files

Offline xpunkcion

• J-Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: August 21, 2014, 11:14:04 AM »
If that is the file type that is exported when you purchase from an online store, then I don't think you'd be able to convert it to an image format. You can only really view those types of files, through the stand alone reader program, specific to the store you purchased from.
Where did you purchase from to get that file type?
my friend bought it from an app called "Line Naver"

Offline Miguelostos

• Global Moderator
  • Silver Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: August 18, 2014, 06:29:45 PM »
If that is the file type that is exported when you purchase from an online store, then I don't think you'd be able to convert it to an image format. You can only really view those types of files, through the stand alone reader program, specific to the store you purchased from.
Where did you purchase from to get that file type?

Offline xpunkcion

• J-Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: August 18, 2014, 07:10:53 AM »
Does anyone know where or how to read "ibe" formats? I have purchase a magazine and I can't find how to convert that file to jpeg

Offline Miguelostos

• Global Moderator
  • Silver Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: August 18, 2014, 02:27:52 AM »
The best method for Comic Walker, is to screencap with an ipad, or printscreen through your laptop/desktop.
Or if you really are dedicated, as you mentioned, you could try and rearrange this:
Sorry, please read the forum rules to see why you can't view spoilers and why you can't post in this forum section. Thank you!

Offline imjustkiasu

• J-Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: August 17, 2014, 11:21:39 PM »
Don't mind me, but may I ask if anyone has figured out how to grab stuff from PUBLUS Reader (i.e the one from Comic Walker Kadokawa)? I need it for some of my scanlations.

Edit: I figured out how to grab. Then I realised the whole thing was scrambled. Congratulations CSS.

Offline Miguelostos

• Global Moderator
  • Silver Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: June 06, 2014, 07:42:05 AM »
Does anybody here know how to download from sokuyomi.jp?? I really need that!! please!!

I actually tried to purchase something from sokuyomi.jp the other week. Your best bet would be to printscreen the pages, because they scramble the images when you try to grab them, like so:
Sorry I couldn't help any further.
I do have a method to get stuff from these ebook stores, pm me if you're really determined to get stuff from the site.

Offline romi153

• J-Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: June 06, 2014, 12:21:13 AM »
Does anybody here know how to download from sokuyomi.jp?? I really need that!! please!!

Offline S.D.B

• J-Member
  • Renommée: 13
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: January 20, 2014, 12:51:40 PM »
Is there a way to download from the Zasshi-online readingroom (hyperzoom) viewers? :huh:

Offline Sasuke706

• ER
  • J-Hero
  • Renommée: 758
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: December 06, 2013, 03:40:25 PM »
Does anyone know a way to download from niconico other than using OMD tool since lately, it seems it has a problem working with links like this one :

I can download that one just fine with the "latest" version of OMD, although it does tend to just halt in the middle and error. Easily remedied by just reclicking the download button. If that fails, just grab an older version.

It's a shame /a/non stopped updating OMD, though. Sadly, web encoding keeps changing causing it to not work any more, like with Shogakukan. Now it's an extreme pain to rip them, whether you drag it from the browser cache or print screen your way to victory.

Offline sifadil

• J-Starter
  • Renommée: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: November 19, 2013, 06:08:29 AM »
 :hi:
Does anyone know a way to download from niconico other than using OMD tool since lately, it seems it has a problem working with links like this one :

thanks.

Offline dagoek

• J-Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: November 07, 2013, 05:52:23 PM »
someone ve been try this on w7 with out error

Offline Gradonil_Ral

• J-Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: July 24, 2013, 02:16:14 PM »
Any idea how to download from the new Shogakukan viewer?

Offline CRuka

• J-Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: May 24, 2013, 10:55:43 PM »
thanks so much!

Offline Rukene

• J-Starter
    • View Profile
Thank you very much for this guide !

Offline toodlydo

• Siggy
  • J-Member
  • Renommée: 52
    • View Profile
    • Ten Foot Pole
« Reply #69 on: December 31, 2012, 07:14:55 PM »
Decoding DM5:
Open up the Scratchpad in Firefox (Shift+F4) while on the first page of an open chapter on DM5, paste the code and run (Ctrl+R). Note that this is just a very basic implementation. I tested it once and it worked. Read the code comments for detailed info, especially at the end. Each run only gets 10 pages, so go to the 11th page and run this code again. The code provided is as-is. Use at your own discretion. I didn't bother making it a GM script since I don't see the need. You could do it if you want to since it's just a few more steps.

Offline nw33b

• J-Member
  • Renommée: 15
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: September 10, 2012, 08:50:13 PM »
OMD v0.1.10

Here

Quote (selected)
Changes:
Changes manual selection. There's getting to be so many options that selected by tab might not be the best idea now.
Fixes Pixiv downloading, which got broken. Also adds Pixiv magazines.
Fixes log memory usage. The log automatically prunes itself now.
Fixes Nico user-published download order. Put HashMap instead of LinkedHashMap.

Offline Renegade334

• ** RETIRING **
  • Silver Dragon
  • Renommée: 6190
  • Do NOT ask me how to see DL links. READ THE RULES!
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: July 29, 2012, 06:40:07 PM »
You can nevertheless use jDownloader to grab scans from MangaFox - some websites are popular enough (YouTube, for example) to warrant the implementation of this kind of functionality.

In other news, here's OMD v0.1.9:

Offline pknoctis

• J-Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: March 27, 2012, 11:37:11 PM »
No, it's meant to download from legal online readers, i.e. those created by the publishers themselves. They have nothing to do with scanlations like dm5, MangaFox or Batoto.

Easy ways to batch download? No. But you can check each page's source code to get each scan's URL and download it manually. If you find a pattern between each scan's filename, you might be able to batch download the entire chapter/volume using download managers, but otherwise, there's no slicker-than-snot, one-click-does-it-all way to do it.

Oh, I see.

I tried checking the source code, but they've uploaded the images to the database so there isn't a URL, just something like this: /m80644-p2/
Oh well...

Offline Renegade334

• ** RETIRING **
  • Silver Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: March 27, 2012, 03:27:17 PM »
No, it's meant to download from legal online readers, i.e. those created by the publishers themselves. They have nothing to do with scanlations like dm5, MangaFox or Batoto.

Easy ways to batch download? No. But you can check each page's source code to get each scan's URL and download it manually. If you find a pattern between each scan's filename, you might be able to batch download the entire chapter/volume using download managers, but otherwise, there's no slicker-than-snot, one-click-does-it-all way to do it.

Offline pknoctis

• J-Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: March 27, 2012, 03:17:44 PM »
Does OMD have any support for chinese manga sites? Such as this one: http://www.dm5.com/manhua-aphorism-geyan/

Or is there an easy way to batch download it?

Offline Renegade334

• ** RETIRING **
  • Silver Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: March 20, 2012, 12:45:42 AM »
I should however issue a fair warning about the latest version of OMD - due to the revised algorithm for grabbing tiled scans from Pluginfree-powered online readers (it now saves files to the storage-heavier .png format instead of the more commonplace and lighter .jpg), the output chapters can each weigh up to 80-90 megs, instead of the original 10-15 (OMD v0.1.7 and prior).

So if you wish to reup for download here on jcafe24, do think about reconverting back to jpg or slashing each scan's filesize.

Offline y3kcjd5

• J-Hardcore
  • Renommée: 159
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: March 18, 2012, 09:02:39 AM »
:spurt: that was fast :yay:

Offline Renegade334

• ** RETIRING **
  • Silver Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 18, 2012, 05:06:37 AM »
OMD v0.1.8 now available:

Quote from: changelog
This is more of a maintenance release than a proper update. Fixed some stuff:
  • Changed Download button position. Hitting Enter on the URL field also does the same thing now.
  • Tiled files (Flipper, PluginFree, parts of Actibook) are now saved as PNG instead of JPEG to avoid artifacts.
  • Added a feature that allows you to save your Nico account info. Create a file called "passwords.properties" in the OMD folder, paste these two lines, and change the details.
    [email protected]
    nicoPassword=password

Offline y3kcjd5

• J-Hardcore
  • Renommée: 159
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: March 12, 2012, 03:06:05 AM »
Wow, I just tried OMD and it's really easy to use! The only (minor) gripe I have with it is that it saves in jpg format, so the images it produces lose a bit of quality. Since most readers don't give you very good images anyways this usually isn't a problem but I do notice some degradation in the nice 2100px ones from comic high, so I think I'll stick to screenshots for that one.

Offline Renegade334

• ** RETIRING **
  • Silver Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: January 24, 2012, 08:46:44 AM »
Perhaps one of the only good news of the day...

Online Manga Downloader v0.1.7:

Quote (selected)
Lots of changes:
  • Updated Comic Rush to work with its new "Multilingual Comic System." Sadly, I couldn't find any examples of translated manga on the Comic Rush site. Also, I removed the login stuff for it, since buyers essentially just pay for the URL to the item. Just give it the URL with the "csa-platform.jp" domain.
  • Added Daum and Papy (bookend).
  • Removed Nico Nico Event because it's been made obsolete.
  • Added the ability for three simultaneous downloads. There may or may not be a problem with downloading two Nico Nico E-Books items at a time. Please send me the log if that happens.