Funds $31 | Needed $120
Like the community? Enjoy reading manga?
Then click on the small donation banner! Thx!

29%

Author Topic: How to grab online manga from official japanese sites  (Read 123507 times)

Offline Spiritovod

• >:3
  • J-Legend
  • Renommée: 1582
    • View Profile
The only thing I wish they'd implement is a download queue functionality. This was doable on the 100806 apps by writing a batch file with successive execution commands (different target parameters), but it doesn't seem OMD is capable of that yet - or it's somewhere in the documentation and I should've given it more than a passing glance.
Well, you can run several instances of the OMD at the same time. Though I'm sure that this functionality will be added sooner or later, but only after all major connection problems will be resolved (there is not point to do it now).

.NET Framework 2.0 is required for Necoxy from the japanese soft pack.

Offline Renegade334

• ** RETIRING **
  • Silver Dragon
  • Renommée: 6190
  • Do NOT ask me how to see DL links. READ THE RULES!
    • View Profile
OMD has indeed progressed by leaps and bounds and it's reached the point where the 100806 pack (and its successors) can be safely shelved and quietly forgotten. This version of OMD doesn't make my PC freeze when I send the java -jar * DOS command to kickstart the application, which is another point score in my book. The automatic detection/download system is pretty nifty - the manual selection process in the earlier versions didn't always work out for me (especially when trying to grab chapters on DOR/Crochet-powered online readers) and this patches what was kind of a dealbreaker for me.

The only thing I wish they'd implement is a download queue functionality. This was doable on the 100806 apps by writing a batch file with successive execution commands (different target parameters), but it doesn't seem OMD is capable of that yet - or it's somewhere in the documentation and I should've given it more than a passing glance.

P.S. I recently switched to a 64-bit OS and, contrarily to my concerns (due to earlier reports) that the 100806 apps wouldn't work on 64-bit, I was delighted to see that both OMD and the 100806 pack's contents are working flawlessly on x64 rigs. Just make sure you have the right and updated versions of Java Runtime Environment (JRE) - the x64 or the x86 build - and/or have .NET Framework present on your PC (I think some of the apps were compiled in C# or some .NET language), especially if you have XP (Vista and W7 already have .NET installed).

Offline Spiritovod

• J-Legend
    • View Profile
OMD has been updated to version 0.1.6 and it's truly a masterpiece - now it supports Web Young Jump type of viewer (which based on flash and swfs) and a few other Shueisha's viewers, Comic Rush's viewer and from now on it's even possible to resume your downloads from where they were left.
Sorry, please read the forum rules to see why you can't view spoilers and why you can't post in this forum section. Thank you!

Offline Spiritovod

• J-Legend
    • View Profile
Re: Nico Nico manga general thread
« Reply #46 on: November 25, 2011, 04:55:25 AM »
Yes, you'll need an account in order to download from /book/ section of Nico Nico Seiga. And only latest issue of Nico Nico Ace is available at any given moment, that is why you can't see early chapters of the title.

Offline Zergt

• J-Regular
  • Renommée: 46
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: November 25, 2011, 04:41:21 AM »
Oh i knew it !! thanks! 

so if a understand , the manga are here for a limited time only! i want to download Tiger & Bunny and post the raws here! i don't read Japanes and i don't understand it! I think that we must be registred and maybe am I wrong, but for Tiger & Bunny it's the chapter 2 and I've also seen the chapter 1 (in the same page but i'm not sure)

Offline Spiritovod

• J-Legend
    • View Profile
And while OMD has been that improved so far, japanese pack has also been updated not long ago with the 111108 version. Besides new Yahoo Bookstore (which is also supported by the latest OMD builds), it also supports Comic Rush stuff (Clip Surfing viewer, which is kinda new on this scene):
Sorry, please read the forum rules to see why you can't view spoilers and why you can't post in this forum section. Thank you!
Though I recommend to use OMD for the Yahoo Bookstore - it's more simple and reliable.

Also, I was again asked about this kind of stuff:
1) DO. NOT. PM. ME and just post such kind of questions here.
2) It was already explained in this topic what you should to do to grab that kind of stuff. Even with examples.

Offline Spiritovod

• J-Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 23, 2011, 05:37:15 AM »
The requested link was in the mentioned article at ANN:

I think I should update the topic with recent info, because now Nico Nico is offering at least 3 different services - in case if you're using OMD for downloading from there, those are "Official" (limited time offers, available through the main Nico Nico Seiga page), "User-published" (read the first post) and "E-Books" (Nico Nico Ace magazine and full volumes available for purchase via Book Walker service).

Offline Renegade334

• ** RETIRING **
  • Silver Dragon
    • View Profile
OMD v0.1.5:

Offline Zergt

• J-Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 19, 2011, 08:23:11 PM »
I read from ANN that Tiger & Bunny will be released everu tuesday in nico nico ...okey that's great, but i couldn't find any smells of the manga :s where can i find it , in found the manga listed in the thread!

source:

Offline Spiritovod

• J-Legend
    • View Profile
How to rip off .sva file?
If I'm not wrong, it's kinda encrypted format for Shueisha's manga browser (which is standalone software). So you can't unpack it or something unless you're a programmer - or, at least, you can screencap its contents.

Offline nw33b

• J-Member
  • Renommée: 15
    • View Profile
How to rip off .sva file?

Offline Renegade334

• ** RETIRING **
  • Silver Dragon
    • View Profile
OMD v0.1.4:

Offline Renegade334

• ** RETIRING **
  • Silver Dragon
    • View Profile

Not sure whether this one will work for me. OMD v0.1.0 worked just fine with the "java -jar (x)" command, but v0.1.2 once again caused a complete system lock. I will try v0.1.3 later, I'm not exactly fond of those deep-freezes (I don't like manually power-cycling my PC repeatedly) and I'd like to avoid them as much as possible.

Offline Zergt

• J-Regular
    • View Profile
ah okey!! thanks Spiritovod! it's was more easy to pick a manhwa by using Chrome than Firefox! i don't know why!

btw, can I post manhwa here ?

what is the name of the colored manhwa you show me as exemple please!

Offline Spiritovod

• J-Legend
    • View Profile
Not really, because its contents is not secured or something and could be found in the page contents (for example, through "Open blockable items" option of AdBlock Plus or through developer tools in Chrome).
Example of what you should look for in the page contents there:

Offline Zergt

• J-Regular
    • View Profile
Is there any tutorial to how grab manhwa from Daum ?  :huh:

Offline Spiritovod

• J-Legend
    • View Profile
With all those latest updates of OMD (I mean progress bar and full-sized images from pluginfree viewer) it becomes more preferable. I'm recommending to use it instead of GO/NCP/PFD pack for all major sites with online manga.

Offline Renegade334

• ** RETIRING **
  • Silver Dragon
    • View Profile
Online Manga Downloader (OMD) v0.1.1 is now available.

Replied: October 06, 2011, 08:40:37 AM
Ka-bump.

Now for OMD v0.1.2:

Offline Spiritovod

• J-Legend
    • View Profile
Re: How to grab online manga from official japanese sites (with screenshots)(upd
« Reply #31 on: September 25, 2011, 03:35:25 AM »
B's-Log Air Raid web magazine added to the list.

Offline Spiritovod

• J-Legend
    • View Profile
First post has been modified to reflect changes in the latest (0.1.0) version of Online Manga Downloader (OMD for short).

Offline hapinasu

• J-Member
  • Renommée: 2
    • View Profile
yeah you are right. my bad. >.<

anyway, i found the image, according to your instruction. :XD:

but i feel my pc lagged more than before so, i uninstalled the decompiler.

thanks so much for teaching me how to extract image from swf file. :) you are so amazing! :D

oh yes, based on your experience, will there be any more new chapter or only fixed - first 3 chapters only?  -> referring to the urls in the spoiler. hmm.

thanks again. 

You've downloaded wrong page. Reread my previous post, I gave you clear example of what you should download there - just change numbers at the end of the link (each SWF contains 2 pages of the manga). Then export resources from the SWF with the help of a decompiler and you'll find certain pages in "Images" subfolder (in the folder with exported resources).

Offline Spiritovod

• J-Legend
    • View Profile
You've downloaded wrong page. Reread my previous post, I gave you clear example of what you should download there - just change numbers at the end of the link (each SWF contains 2 pages of the manga). Then export resources from the SWF with the help of a decompiler and you'll find certain pages in "Images" subfolder (in the folder with exported resources).

Offline hapinasu

• J-Member
  • Renommée: 2
    • View Profile
hello.

sorry for my delay as i was occupied with other stuff. now, i am doing swf decompiler.

i cannot find the image of the chapter. >.<;;

i see empty frame, toolbar buttons, loading and error.  i assume, the frame is for the chapter image? i see, it is only white. T.T

As for how to get the swf file, i used mozilla firefox's page info under tools and saw 
Object ( under type)"  under media. I saved
and "moved" this file onto the swf decompiler program with a mouse.

then, the program opened up and showed the file's resources.  Did i do it correctly?

hmmm. why no image? that means there is no image in that file?   :huh:

many thanks.

Well, I was asked about how to grab such kind of images:

All tools from the tutorial are useless here, because those images are embedded into SWF files, similar to Side BN magazine's case. So you need to download them manually or in batch

and then extract them with the help of any SWF decompiler. The best one out there is

Next time DO NOT PM me with those questions and just post them here.

Offline Spiritovod

• J-Legend
    • View Profile
Well, I was asked about how to grab such kind of images:

All tools from the tutorial are useless here, because those images are embedded into SWF files, similar to Side BN magazine's case. So you need to download them manually or in batch

and then extract them with the help of any SWF decompiler. The best one out there is

Next time DO NOT PM me with those questions and just post them here.

Offline Spiritovod

• J-Legend
    • View Profile
Nico Nico manga general thread
« Reply #25 on: August 16, 2011, 03:35:12 AM »
 I believe many of you know what Nico Nico is. At first it was just a video sharing service, similar to YouTube, but only aimed at the Japanese audience with specific policies on the matter; in Japan, it was (and still is) much more popular than YouTube. But in the middle of 2010, the company administrating Nico Nico decided to introduce more functionalities, so that the website could cover a wider range of interests. And now it offers a lot of sections, such as free sound/music samples, a games section and the section for user-submitted manga and single drawings, called Nico Nico Seiga. Reminds you of Korean sites such as Daum or Naver, doesn't it? However, unlike those two, Nico Nico developed a special version of the flash player, so that besides images, users can also add sound effects or music to their manga (assuming the images and sounds are separated and they're not combined into a single video track or something).

The reason why I've decided to create this topic is simple - our only big manga database (I'm talking about MU, of course) is all but sleeping in a corner, since, as they've stated themselves, "actually, we're not a manga/novel database, only a scanlation database" or something among those lines. So why can't we create a short (for now) list of manga series, especially considering the fact that even a few of the professional artists are posting their work on Nico Nico?

Please note that this is not a thread for general manga discussion; you should only enquire about technical aspects of the Nico Nico service, or provide some info about certain series/authors, or ask questions pertaining to grabbing the stuff from Nico Nico...and so on. Do not discuss concrete (read: specific) series here; there are other forum sections for that.

The technical part:
 The main site for the manga/drawing-related service is Nico Nico Seiga. You need to be registered there in order to view both the manga and the drawings' full versions (much like Pixiv). If you're not registered there, please read this nice guide on how to do it.
 After logging in and opening the chapter of a series, the player will be displayed on your screen - a behavior very similar to any web video player's (sound volume, playback bar and so on), the only notable difference being the presence of a page-flipping speed controller. And while the sounds can easily be grabbed, most of the Firefox plugins with "catch & download" capability cannot recognize manga frames as images, which means they can't catch the links leading to them (I don't know about Opera, but this also applies to Internet Explorer and Chrome without greasemonkey scripts).
 However, there is a solution for this:

List of series (in non-alphabetical order):

Feel free to post any useful info about any manga series/author from Nico Nico - it will be added to the list.
And thanks Renegade334 for editing this.

Offline S.D.B

• J-Member
  • Renommée: 13
    • View Profile
You guys are awesome. :banzai:
Thanks alot.

Offline Spiritovod

• J-Legend
    • View Profile
Which is the best way to grab this.
You should use GO tool. It's the first point in the Renegade's tutorial and 3rd in my (OMD section). Be careful next time and read "List of sites and magazines by following publishers" part properly, because it's written there - what viewer they're using on their site, so you can choose proper tool for it according to the tutorial.

Offline Solar

• Forum Donator
  • J-Member
  • Renommée: 0
    • View Profile
Which is the best way to grab this.

I'm just looking to grab the 3 color images, but I'm having hard time.  I tried PFD  first, even with Renegade screenshots and Spiritovod instruction, I still failed.  I'm going to try the others when I wake up.

Offline Spiritovod

• J-Legend
    • View Profile
what should I do to download mangas wich is not in the main site!
I'm not going to post such information on the public at the moment, but you can PM me about it if you're planning to post the series on jcafe.

Offline Zergt

• J-Regular
    • View Profile
what should I do to download mangas wich is not in the main site!

exemple: I want to download this manga
but I only find the chapter 01, 04 and 05 ... so how can I download the missing chapter