Funds $10 | Needed $120
Like the community? Enjoy reading manga?
Then click on the small donation banner! Thx!

11%

Author Topic: How to grab online manga from official japanese sites  (Read 118711 times)

Offline rajin90

• J-Regular
  • Renommée: 62
    • View Profile
Re: How to grab online manga from official japanese sites
« Reply #443 on: August 06, 2016, 11:08:32 AM »
Jump Plus Ripper anyone? I saw people posting KissXDeath Raws on Baidu so there must me a Ripper

Offline Battlechili

• J-Starter
  • Renommée: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: August 06, 2016, 04:01:03 AM »
Can anyone help me get manga from Animate Book Store to download properly? Every program I've used thus far has failed, for one reason or another.

I used nwjs with the Tieba Manga downloader Alpha.dw file, and it just infinitely loads. (http://i.imgur.com/M3YChAa.png)
I used nwjs with the Comic Walker downloader but got an error "Downloading configuration failed!"
I used Alphapholis Downloader but got this strange error: http://i.imgur.com/Gn54Ooe.png

Forgive me if I'm missing something obvious, but can someone help me figure this out? Thanks.

Offline kucaingon

• J-Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: August 06, 2016, 01:42:40 AM »
bla bla bla lba

Offline asd7359512000

• J-Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: July 29, 2016, 01:58:38 PM »
Anyone had booklive downloader ?

Offline Vulgrim

• J-Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: July 25, 2016, 06:08:05 AM »
I hope someone will crack the new algoritm that EBJ uses, also, it 0.1.16g still works with samples until february 2016. And, is there a way to rip EBJ purchased content from the EBJ app?

Offline marconii2002

• J-Addict
  • Renommée: 455
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: July 24, 2016, 08:45:47 AM »
Alphapholis Downloader

Usage: Paste manga chapter url like this
Sorry, please read the forum rules to see why you can't view spoilers and why you can't post in this forum section. Thank you!
and click Download button. Images will be saved in "Images" folder that will be created in program folder. To use different folder check "Use Image Folder" and chose Image Folder.

Download:
Sorry, please read the forum rules to see why you can't view spoilers and why you can't post in this forum section. Thank you!

Information: I writed program in C# in VS 2015

Offline hinatasekime

• J-Starter
  • Renommée: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: July 24, 2016, 08:19:06 AM »
how to rip file off of jump plus?

Offline Tamorlin

• J-Addict
  • Renommée: 239
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: July 23, 2016, 09:33:50 AM »
I just didn't need to use it for EBJ since December last year or so ^^
So any other suggestions how to DL from EBJ?
Or any other site with quality images that works with OMD or any other program?
nay, i resort to printscreening, which, when done properly, yields acceptable results. a lot more timeconsuming though.

Offline Nachi

• J-Recruit
  • Renommée: 10
    • View Profile
    • BLDL☆
« Reply #435 on: July 23, 2016, 08:59:58 AM »
I just didn't need to use it for EBJ since December last year or so ^^
So any other suggestions how to DL from EBJ?
Or any other site with quality images that works with OMD or any other program?

Offline Tamorlin

• J-Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: July 23, 2016, 07:40:50 AM »
I use OMD 0.1.16 and I'm unable to download from ebookjapan now, be it the samples or books I bought. It starts getting DRM data but after a few seconds switches down the list of possible sources. Did EBJ change theri security so OMD is not working anymore or is it just my problem?
If the problem is with OMD does anyone have a suggestion who to fix it? Or maybe another downloaded I can use.... or another e-book store that has descend image quality but makes it easier to save/rip individual images (using any other program if needed)?
the normal omd version didn't function since january this year. or did you have a fix and can't use it since just recently?

Offline Nachi

• J-Recruit
  • Renommée: 10
    • View Profile
    • BLDL☆
« Reply #433 on: July 23, 2016, 06:49:11 AM »
I use OMD 0.1.16 and I'm unable to download from ebookjapan now, be it the samples or books I bought. It starts getting DRM data but after a few seconds switches down the list of possible sources. Did EBJ change theri security so OMD is not working anymore or is it just my problem?
If the problem is with OMD does anyone have a suggestion who to fix it? Or maybe another downloaded I can use.... or another e-book store that has descend image quality but makes it easier to save/rip individual images (using any other program if needed)?

Offline rajin90

• J-Regular
  • Renommée: 62
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: July 21, 2016, 07:41:08 AM »
Anyone got the new comic-walker gem? 0.3.2 gem no longer works.
Or rather is there a different program which does work? if so please post it up. Thanks.

Side note tried Poligrafowicz one as well unfortunately fails to download that needs an update as well.

Minor Change in Url they added ?tw=2
http://comic-walker.com/viewer/?tw=2&dlcl=ja&cid=book id which fix code.

I use Comic Walker 0.3.2 GVIM version

Source :

Jump Plus Anyone?. their License Key is wrong which is way it sending Permission Denied because they removed /li route on Jump Plus anyone has Correct License Key?

Offline abcd9146

• J-Regular
  • Renommée: 45
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: July 18, 2016, 05:40:59 AM »
There's another "problem". Seems like CW switched to 1200px (from 2048) image height since this URL change. /sad

I can't be sure for every series but I checked 5 I follow and these all become 1200px.
They've also removed previous chapters (except for the first few). The actual links use to still work, not anymore.

Offline Lirshana

• J-Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: July 17, 2016, 11:18:16 PM »
There's another "problem". Seems like CW switched to 1200px (from 2048) image height since this URL change. /sad

I can't be sure for every series but I checked 5 I follow and these all become 1200px.

Offline Poligrafowicz

• J-Hero
  • Renommée: 153
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: July 16, 2016, 02:08:37 PM »
I don't really want to fix this, but if someone wants to tackle it, maybe putting an iframe in the downloader that opens the reader could do the trick (I know it is a little more complicated than just that). Or grab the scrambled images some other way and just decode them.

I have reduced the downloader to a simple decoder. If someone manages to dump the scrambled files to HDD, this can be used to descramble them. Just drag and drop the jpg files and watch png files show up.

Offline Amario

• J-Highlander
  • Renommée: 7152
  • Do NOT ask me how to see DL links. READ THE RULES!
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: July 16, 2016, 01:38:03 PM »
Gangan Online did the same thing a few weeks ago, I was able to sort of fix that and the same thing works here. The only problem is I don't know how to automate part of it so it needs some manual work. It's hashing something and adding that to all the URLs, I don't know what it's actually hashing but if you can get the URL of one image then you'll have the key and adding that to all the others will make it work like normal.

Mmmm works well. I won't complain about the part about getting the image url part since all I care is that it works.
Fantastic job jag. +ren

Offline Anathema

• J-Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: July 16, 2016, 12:15:30 PM »
Gangan Online did the same thing a few weeks ago, I was able to sort of fix that and the same thing works here. The only problem is I don't know how to automate part of it so it needs some manual work. It's hashing something and adding that to all the URLs, I don't know what it's actually hashing but if you can get the URL of one image then you'll have the key and adding that to all the others will make it work like normal.

it works :banzai:

thank you very much :banzai:

Offline jagman1x3

• J-Regular
  • Renommée: 112
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: July 16, 2016, 11:33:08 AM »
cw downloader always shows downloading configuration failed now

presumably cw changed the image url from something like

to

if this is not causing too much of inconvenience please fix this :pushup:

Offline Amario

• J-Highlander
  • Renommée: 7152
  • Do NOT ask me how to see DL links. READ THE RULES!
    • View Profile
« Reply #425 on: July 16, 2016, 03:32:58 AM »
Anyone got the new comic-walker gem? 0.3.2 gem no longer works.
Or rather is there a different program which does work? if so please post it up. Thanks.

Side note tried Poligrafowicz one as well unfortunately fails to download that needs an update as well.

Offline aria359

• J-Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: July 16, 2016, 02:59:51 AM »
downloading configuration failed...plz fix it:) :cant-reach:

Offline Anathema

• J-Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: July 15, 2016, 10:44:54 AM »
cw downloader always shows downloading configuration failed now

presumably cw changed the image url from something like

to

if this is not causing too much of inconvenience please fix this :pushup:

Offline abcd9146

• J-Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: May 10, 2016, 05:59:08 AM »
Readers enact their own resizing and compression though -- so the image you get will depend on both how the publisher created the ebook and then what the distributer/seller did with it. EBJ is one which seems to mostly offer you the image the publisher gave them for example, whereas kindle ebooks tend to go through substantial compression after they get handed to Amazon.
True, I found sokuyomi and niconico to be worst. kindle was the same until a while back, but dozen books i purchased last october to december seem to have drastically improved. I haven't been able to purchase anything from amazon since then, so I can't say what they're like now.

ebj, bookwalker, honto (to name a few) I've never really had that problem. though ebj seem to resize all their larger stuff to 1600px height. (e.g. most readers offer comic valkyrie at x1920px, but ebj's is x1600). maybe they keep paid books in their original resolution but only resize the free stuff. maybe someone bored can rip the sample of mikakunin v7 to check. still, very few publishers (i.e. ichijinsha) go beyond 1600px, so it's not really a problem. their lower res (mainly shueisha and older volumes) books are x1200.
I don't purchase much from ebj so i don't have enough samples to be 100% sure. I dislike how the ebj adds a white border to the one side of the page (i've even seem them crop a cover). i guess it's to fit their reader.

ebj are clearly the best for kodansha titles. I wouldn't say they are better for other publishers anymore, most seem to be pretty good these days.

Hm, the BookWalker software for the PC saves eBooks locally to the file system now (by default, AppData) as encrypted images, so anybody who has reverse engineering experience may be able to crack the decoding algorithm. Thought I'd put this out there.
The previous extractor for BW patched the log4net.dll file. it's has since doubled in size after the various updates (assuming because it's using some super encryption now)

Offline yuugen

• J-Starter
  • Renommée: 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: May 08, 2016, 12:24:27 PM »
It always had, I believe that's how the first ripper worked, because it didn't even need the program open, they've changed some code or keys or something apparently, so it doesn't work though, so we started using the hook into the actual app, then they've protected against that, so as of now, there's no way to rip them

Offline Sayorii

• J-Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #420 on: May 08, 2016, 12:21:34 PM »
Hm, the BookWalker software for the PC saves eBooks locally to the file system now (by default, AppData) as encrypted images, so anybody who has reverse engineering experience may be able to crack the decoding algorithm. Thought I'd put this out there.

Offline Tamorlin

• J-Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: May 07, 2016, 11:11:39 AM »
Readers enact their own resizing and compression though -- so the image you get will depend on both how the publisher created the ebook and then what the distributer/seller did with it. EBJ is one which seems to mostly offer you the image the publisher gave them for example, whereas kindle ebooks tend to go through substantial compression after they get handed to Amazon.

second that. had usually 1200 pix and also 1600 with some other series...

Offline robonxt

• "Mental curruption at 75%. Please evacuate. All safety fail-proof systems are now offline."
  • J-Hero
  • Renommée: 20
  • World's first high-tech human-like robot
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: May 07, 2016, 10:28:16 AM »
Ack, after reading all these posts, I still don't know what works, can someone summerize what is currently working and what is not? 

Offline d6ve

• J-Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: May 07, 2016, 10:20:58 AM »
tl;dr: the answer isn't reader dependant.

Offline abcd9146

• J-Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: May 02, 2016, 06:12:01 AM »
Which readers have the highest resolution? Or are they all 1024?

I tried some samples from a random manga using mdmdmd's scripts for Sokuyomi and Renta, which were 1024, and screenshots from Honto's reader app and EBJ's browser viewer, which I could get up to ~2500, but that doesn't help much without knowing their native resolution.
resolutions depend on the publisher

tankoubons:
shueisha: are usually 1200px from all stores
kodansha: 1024px, except 1600px in ebj (dunno why lol)
kadokawa/square enix are usually 1600px though i've seen some 1080px wide
i have some ichijinsha books which are 2100px
other publishers have their own sizes too. generally the preview copies seem to reflect the book's quality

magazines are higher resolution (probably because they're larger physically?). 1600px seems the norm now

tl;dr: the answer isn't reader dependant.

Offline Tamorlin

• J-Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: May 01, 2016, 04:54:03 AM »
Is there a way to extract images from plus.shonenjump.com reader?

the same guy that made omd had a script for that. but his website has been deleted to apparently avoid prosecution.

Offline Flynn95

• J-Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: April 30, 2016, 08:55:48 PM »

I tried some samples from a random manga using mdmdmd's scripts for Sokuyomi and Renta, which were 1024, and screenshots from Honto's reader app and EBJ's browser viewer, which I could get up to ~2500, but that doesn't help much without knowing their native resolution.

The largest native one I know is Comic Walker (2048px, but sometimes look upscaled and blurred), EBJ is quite large (tankoubon is often at 1200px, some at 1600px, magazine at 1600px).
Kindle is sh!t before, I bought a Shonen R through them and I received 1024px, while EBJ has 1600px. Don't know what res they have now.

Offline miceder

• J-Starter
  • Renommée: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: April 30, 2016, 05:24:33 PM »

Offline suntaclaus

• J-Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: April 29, 2016, 05:00:42 AM »
Is there a way to extract images from plus.shonenjump.com reader?

Offline Tamorlin

• J-Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: April 21, 2016, 09:27:35 PM »
Currently there is no way to do that. You must write the script to save canvas yourself, or wait for OMD to update (not likely).

there apparently is a working omd version out there. but the ones having it won't share so that it doesn't get rendered useless as all the previous versions.

Offline Flynn95

• J-Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: April 20, 2016, 11:35:13 PM »
How can I unscramble the images from ebj?

Currently there is no way to do that. You must write the script to save canvas yourself, or wait for OMD to update (not likely).

Offline kalashnikov

• J-Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: April 20, 2016, 10:59:59 PM »
How can I unscramble the images from ebj?

Offline Flynn95

• J-Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: April 20, 2016, 04:59:54 AM »

Thank you very much.

I decided to save manually through browser, since POST the dataURLs and save them is troublesome (the browser keeps warning me about POSTing to an unencrypted page, and there's no way to disable that warning).

Anyone here successed in auto-save when change pages? I couldn't get it works, so I make a button to save on clicking.

Offline nngg55

• J-Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: April 13, 2016, 11:34:36 PM »
thanks for the information, that is really helpful :)
i assume ebj won't be able to detect this because we are doing it locally via js, so that is good.
i'm not sure how to change the page, but i hope that isn't too hard...

Offline JakeBV

• J-Starter
  • Renommée: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: April 09, 2016, 08:47:46 PM »
Regarding eBookJapan, I coded my own browser script and server PHP script which easily fetches any and all pages from eBJ. It's future-proof (as long as eBJ continues to use <canvas> tags).

If you want me to buy and/or rip a series for you off of eBJ, I can, but I'll charge for the book and/or time. You can choose to wait for an update to OMD, or code your own script in the meanwhile. If you have any general questions, you can reach me at #cake on irchighway, or on my site.

Thanks to this guy! For a nominal amount, he rips me scans in eBJ.

Offline fuuya

• Fuuya
  • J-Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #405 on: April 08, 2016, 10:10:22 AM »
Mayuka mentioned it already but, does anyone know how to rip from Bookwalker? I'd appreciate that a lot.

Offline Sayorii

• J-Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: March 29, 2016, 04:22:56 PM »
Regarding eBookJapan, I coded my own browser script and server PHP script which easily fetches any and all pages from eBJ. It's future-proof (as long as eBJ continues to use <canvas> tags).

If you want me to buy and/or rip a series for you off of eBJ, I can, but I'll charge for the book and/or time. You can choose to wait for an update to OMD, or code your own script in the meanwhile. If you have any general questions, you can reach me at #cake on irchighway, or on my site.

Offline bc.jcafe24

• J-Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: March 26, 2016, 11:45:56 PM »
we had this discussion over and over again. just read the older posts!!
as of now, there seems to be a working fix which won't be shared here since ebj will alter their website yet again if it is made public.

aaa...sorry...i was reading the post...
but, i thouth, i want to get the anyother information...
thx reply.

Offline Tamorlin

• J-Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: March 26, 2016, 03:55:44 PM »
im using OMD(fix for ebj). but get this image.

https://i.imgur.com/WJt4yXX.jpg

Someone knows the other fix?(or other tools)

Forgive my poor English please....(´・ω・`)

we had this discussion over and over again. just read the older posts!!
as of now, there seems to be a working fix which won't be shared here since ebj will alter their website yet again if it is made public.

edit: and i just know that the fix exists but don't have it myself. so i can't help you even if you ask.

Offline bc.jcafe24

• J-Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: March 26, 2016, 01:47:04 AM »
im using OMD(fix for ebj). but get this image.

https://i.imgur.com/WJt4yXX.jpg

Someone knows the other fix?(or other tools)

Forgive my poor English please....(´・ω・`)

Offline kasumi1338

• J-Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #400 on: March 25, 2016, 09:34:39 PM »
Looks like ebj got fixed again.
http://puu.sh/nT21q.png
(Using 0.1.6.2 fix version)

Offline mayuka

• J-Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: March 18, 2016, 11:35:07 PM »
Any idea how to get manga off Book Walker after purchasing it? Working on scanlations...

More info:
C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Roaming\BOOK☆WALKER for Windows\contents\<folder>

Everything is here in a folder. Then the folder has:

META-INF -> container.xml
OPS -> images, public images (jpeg that doesn't load?)
mimetype (file? 1kb)

edit - I ended up print screening lmao
oh well
my monitor is big enough to do it

Offline Tamorlin

• J-Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: March 14, 2016, 10:27:27 AM »
anyone happen to have the source code for omd? i didn't think to grab it when it was still up

here is a link to omd before it was rendered useless

this is a ebookjapan fix for omd v0.1.6.2

Offline mayuka

• J-Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: March 14, 2016, 09:49:04 AM »
http://i.imgur.com/kNBq2PZ.png

Frames -> Some Number -> Images

Thanks! I understand now :)

Offline EusthEnoptEron

• J-Starter
  • Renommée: 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: March 14, 2016, 09:46:19 AM »
http://i.imgur.com/kNBq2PZ.png

Frames -> Some Number -> Images

Offline mayuka

• J-Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: March 14, 2016, 09:43:40 AM »
If you're using Chrome, you can find a listing of all pages in the resources panel in the dev tools. Firefox should also allow you to access them via the network panel, I guess.

I tried viewing dev tools already with an example page:
http://vw.mangaz.com/virgo/view/41981#i:0

Nothing really shows up...

Offline EusthEnoptEron

• J-Starter
  • Renommée: 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: March 14, 2016, 09:39:26 AM »
Don't know if this has been asked before, but any idea how to rip scans off of
?
Printscreening would work but takes too long.

If you're using Chrome, you can find a listing of all pages in the resources panel in the dev tools. Firefox should also allow you to access them via the network panel, I guess.