Funds $0 | Needed $120
Like the community? Enjoy reading manga?
Then click on the small donation banner! Thx!

0%

Author Topic: Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei vol.01-14+  (Read 798075 times)

Offline ulrique

• J-Member
  • Renommée: 2
    • View Profile
Re: Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei vol.01-14+
« Reply #8866 on: Today at 12:11:37 PM »
By the way, no news of a second season of Mahouka?

You should wait a bit before any chance for that to happen. By the way, the number of LN which had a second season after 24 or 26 episods are not that much... You should search if you want to give some examples. Full metal panic is probably one of the few if I remember correctly.

Offline Vampirecat

• J-Regular
  • Renommée: 28
    • View Profile
« Reply #8865 on: Yesterday at 03:38:28 AM »
OnyxObsidian, thanks for the spoilers from TrueAlchemist.

I like how Maya's been shown so far, very much the indulgent aunt. And I must say that Tatsuya seems to be thinking like the Yotsuba heir, and Hayama's telling Tatsuya that he need not make contact to report the steps he takes to complete the job really gives the impression of heir treatment. Tatsuya's stated deadline for his new magic (display on New Year) suggests he's timing it for the 10 Master Clans meeting, which feels like more Yotsuba heir thinking. Also, his new magic is named Baryon Lance, so it projects baryons?

By the way, no news of a second season of Mahouka?

Offline EikoTakeda

• J-Starter
  • Renommée: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #8864 on: October 28, 2014, 07:55:05 PM »
Tatsuya stated, once his magic is finished. Not only psyon armor by Tomitsuka, but this magic should also be able to penetrate Phalanx by Juumonji. And, Tatsuya stated, he will finish and be able to show the magic during the new year. After he heard Tatsuya's explanation, Hayama closed his mouth, and his face was turned. But, he regained his smile again and asked about the name of magic. Tatsuya said, it is not complete, but until he completes it, he will call it, "Barrion Rance".

OMG Tatsuya gonna be so badass , he's gonna be the second person that can penetrate the Juumonji's phalanx beside his aunt, Maya. The Yotsuba are growing more powerful . I love it :)

Offline tonyorobsky

• Expert of the 9 ancestral arts
  • J-Addict
  • Renommée: 41
    • View Profile
« Reply #8863 on: October 28, 2014, 05:20:25 PM »
OnyxObsidian & TrueAlchemist, thanks a lot for the spoilers!!!

Maya laughing out loud (o_0) and praising Tats, wow, she sounds like a true aunt who has some affection for her nephew!!
Zhou is one hell of a guy!!! He has a few tricks up his sleeve!!! I hate him yet I like hm!!!
A lot of spying and ambushes. The Kudos, the army, the Yotsubas, the Saegusas, the traditionalists... It's a complex situation...

"TATSUYA ONISAMA" FROM THE THIRD YEAR GIRLS, THE RETURN OF MAYUMI, MINAMI IN LOVE, and Miyuki being a jealous yandere brocon revered like a princess as usual XD !! Gotta enjoy the flags in this volume :D !!!
Endure the waiting eriod until the translation

Offline nexarion

• J-Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #8862 on: October 28, 2014, 02:55:39 PM »
Bit by bit and the chapters will be done.

Offline EikoTakeda

• J-Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #8861 on: October 28, 2014, 01:49:53 AM »

Additional spoilers of Vol 14, credited TrueAlchemist:
Chapter 1:
Sorry, please read the forum rules to see why you can't view spoilers and why you can't post in this forum section. Thank you!
Chapter 2:
Sorry, please read the forum rules to see why you can't view spoilers and why you can't post in this forum section. Thank you!
Chapter 3:
Chapter 4:
Chapter 5:

Thank you so much :)
can't wait for the actual release

Offline OnyxObsidian

• J-Hero
  • Renommée: 24
    • View Profile
« Reply #8860 on: October 28, 2014, 01:17:40 AM »
Additional spoilers of Vol 14, credited TrueAlchemist:
Chapter 1:
Chapter 2:
Chapter 3:
Chapter 4:
Chapter 5:

Offline sphinxs00

• J-Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #8859 on: October 22, 2014, 06:58:32 PM »
This site can generate all available novels from Baka-Tsuki in epub format.

oh my!! that's really awesome, thank you very much!! :)

Offline CuDen_VN

• J-Member
  • Renommée: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #8858 on: October 22, 2014, 07:28:20 AM »
do you have pdf or epub of translated volume 13  :huh:
thanks! :)

This site can generate all available novels from Baka-Tsuki in epub format.

Offline sphinxs00

• J-Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #8857 on: October 21, 2014, 11:35:50 PM »
do you have pdf or epub of translated volume 13  :huh:

thanks! :)

Offline EikoTakeda

• J-Starter
    • View Profile

Offline chon1314

• J-Recruit
  • Renommée: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #8855 on: October 17, 2014, 07:56:42 AM »

Offline EikoTakeda

• J-Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #8854 on: October 15, 2014, 07:43:48 AM »
any news for volume 14 ?

Offline sirius00

• J-Member
  • Show no mercy
    • View Profile
« Reply #8853 on: October 11, 2014, 04:03:22 PM »
I don't think that has anything to do with mahouka. He just want to ask for raw.
However I think 'Original Light Novel' is fan fiction, so there is no raw lol.

and thanks for the info

Offline sirius00

• J-Member
  • Show no mercy
    • View Profile
« Reply #8852 on: October 11, 2014, 04:02:11 PM »
Eh? Well i understand what you are saying now but what does that have to do with mahouka? Or did you just not know where to ask?

He got me curious all for nothing .  :stabby: damn him.

that's why i said its out of the topic

Offline nexarion

• J-Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #8851 on: October 11, 2014, 11:26:15 AM »
I don't think that has anything to do with mahouka. He just want to ask for raw.

He got me curious all for nothing .  :stabby: damn him.

Offline CuDen_VN

• J-Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8850 on: October 11, 2014, 11:05:31 AM »

Offline nexarion

• J-Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #8849 on: October 11, 2014, 10:30:49 AM »
nope i am not talking about mahouka koukou no rettouei
"ancient magic arc " is the separate novel
 if you visit the bakatsuki site on the left side there you will find the original light novel there is this novel

Eh? Well i understand what you are saying now but what does that have to do with mahouka? Or did you just not know where to ask?

Offline sirius00

• J-Member
  • Show no mercy
    • View Profile
« Reply #8848 on: October 11, 2014, 09:34:08 AM »

urgh.. i don't really understand what you are trying to say but i'm gonna go with a guess u want the raw version?

nope i am not talking about mahouka koukou no rettouei
"ancient magic arc " is the separate novel
 if you visit the bakatsuki site on the left side there you will find the original light novel there is this novel

Offline Gohanish

• J-Addict
  • I may not be the best but i am not the worst eithe
    • View Profile
« Reply #8847 on: October 11, 2014, 08:15:13 AM »

urgh.. i don't really understand what you are trying to say but i'm gonna go with a guess u want the raw version?

umm i think you need to use the spoiler tag there

Offline sirius00

• J-Member
  • Show no mercy
    • View Profile
« Reply #8846 on: October 11, 2014, 05:45:14 AM »
this is out of the topic but does anyone knows about the novel "ancient magic arc" and its raw
it's on the bakatuski but it has stopped

Offline Monstratboy

• J-Addict
  • Renommée: 27
  • MKR's Shiba T.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8845 on: October 09, 2014, 12:32:30 PM »
They don't really have to enter the ground, one possible application is to use ES, link it to Miyuki then Cocytus bomb it (since he considered Material Burst then it's possible to target it remotely). Also, If Tatsuya has no mean to infiltrate the parasite location he wouldn't attempt to when pixy located them and Miyuki wouldn't vehemently stop him.
What I actually meant is that there was a scene pointing out they had trouble accessing the grounds undetected.  Any actions infiltrating the event, releasing sealed magic, using powerful magic or even using ES could be detected and tracked as seen in previous chapters.  Tatsuya also has to take a good deal of time to locate distant targets without certain aids. 

I feel Miyuki's full powers being exposed by her blasting an entire park with magic, is a greater risk than the possibility of Tasuya's stealth field failing, visor shattering and magic failing to immediately activate to fix the damage.

I would have believed you IF not for the case where she accompanied him to various location during Lina and Parasite incident, her face is plastered all over the military ops now. Even Kudou already make the connection.
The military I remember monitoring Miyuki were the 101, STARS(even beofre the vamp incident), the unit sent by Koichi(who didn't even know about the dets) and the unit Retsu sent(who were nearly all massacred).  All were tasked with covert missions, why would they reveal their secret jobs and plaster Miyuki's face all over? And why would Fujibayashi or the Yotsuba let them?

I doubt the Kudo researchers developing and monitoring the dolls or the JSDF unit in charge of the 9SC grounds were involved or know anything about the vamp fights. Retsu certainly didn't tell his son or the doll researchers about his plan to provoke Tats into fighting the dolls.

They still don't know Makeishura's identity, that's the risk I was talking about, not the involvement.
I know, what I tried to explain is that that is a 101 secret the was put in at risk with the ok and silent ok by 101 members. Tatsuya and the Yotsuba care more about Miyuki, not Tatsuya's military secrets.

Offline noal

• J-Hero
  • Renommée: 25
    • View Profile
« Reply #8844 on: October 09, 2014, 01:23:25 AM »
I feel a situation with an empty school being monitored by covert operatives who have previously seen the siblings involvement is vastly different when compared to a heavily guarded military facility hosting a national sports event where the hosts have no idea about the siblings' motives or involvement regarding the vamps.

Didn't the Kurobas' and Tatsuya's stealth skills fail to help them enter the grounds?
Who is they?

Or Fujibayashi and the Yotsuba would have erased it like they've always been doing.  Eitherway, Miyuki not being exposed is Tatsuya's and the Yotsuba's priority.  The 101's secrets being leaked would have been their own fault for not being more proactive.  Mashevera was purposely exposed by the 101, with Fujibayashi being the main instigator(and middlewoman pawn) and Kazuma allowing it.

Either way Tatsuya and Kuroba has shown that they're capable of infiltrating it up to cetain point.

They don't really have to enter the ground, one possible application is to use ES, link it to Miyuki then Cocytus bomb it (since he considered Material Burst then it's possible to target it remotely). Also, If Tatsuya has no mean to infiltrate the parasite location he wouldn't attempt to when pixy located them and Miyuki wouldn't vehemently stop him.

I would have believed you IF not for the case where she accompanied him to various location during Lina and Parasite incident, her face is plastered all over the military ops now. Even Kudou already make the connection.

They still don't know Makeishura's identity, that's the risk I was talking about, not the involvement.

Implying Miyuki actually cared about all that. She showed quite clearly she doesn't.
She obviously cares about his brother, thus she should have opted to the most efficient tactics. End it that night and her brother could rest easy afterwards.

But oh well, it's already written anyway, and Tatsuya's side arguably got the best result they want so it doesn't really matter with the what if.

Offline tamtomtem

• J-Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #8843 on: October 09, 2014, 12:08:31 AM »
Honoka is good friends with those "Weeds" and she's so in love with Tatsuya she's willing to compete with Miyuki.
Joke

You

Seriously though, as a Mayumifag I like that promoart. They do seem divided their grades in any case.

Offline Vampirecat

• J-Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #8842 on: October 08, 2014, 08:34:46 PM »
>implying Honoka would go near the filthy weeds.

Honoka is good friends with those "Weeds" and she's so in love with Tatsuya she's willing to compete with Miyuki.

Offline tamtomtem

• J-Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #8841 on: October 08, 2014, 06:51:40 PM »
I'm surprised Honoka is all the way at the end—and among the eligible females (in other words, excluding Miyuki) Mayumi's right beside Tatsuya.
>implying Honoka would go near the filthy weeds.

Didn't the Kurobas' and Tatsuya's stealth skills fail to help them enter the grounds?
It was heavily implied only Ayako was in charge of trying to enter with her specialized magic.  We have no clue what the clan is capable of.

Offline expertus

• J-Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #8840 on: October 08, 2014, 01:54:00 PM »
During the parasite incident climax, the situation was monitered remotely, the incapacitated was not there to act as cameraman.

They have the Kuroba in site specialized in infiltration, Yotsuba and Saeki's backing (though they have different roles in mind for Tatsuya, if he actually went with Cocytus plan they wouldn't ignore him).

Actually this plan has way less risk than what Tatsuya did in the LN, even if by some chance they were monitored when they cast Cocytus one would not have associate him with Mahesvara, Miyuki was already known as a very powerful magician and they know that the pair had connection with the Parasite before, yet in his actual plan where he went full frontal, if his helmet was ever broken and the camera captured it before he could restore it then the JSDF faction behind this incident would have known his identity.

you do remember that Cocytus is a mental interference type of magic right? mental interference magic is highly considered as dangerous so much that magicians having this magics are closely monitored. And if they're monitored there is a very big chance that they could be linked to the Yotsuba.

Offline Monstratboy

• J-Addict
  • MKR's Shiba T.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8839 on: October 08, 2014, 01:12:36 PM »
During the parasite incident climax, the situation was monitered remotely, the incapacitated was not there to act as cameraman.
I feel a situation with an empty school being monitored by covert operatives who have previously seen the siblings involvement is vastly different when compared to a heavily guarded military facility hosting a national sports event where the hosts have no idea about the siblings' motives or involvement regarding the vamps.

They have the Kuroba in site specialized in infiltration, Yotsuba and Saeki's backing (though they have different roles in mind for Tatsuya, if he actually went with Cocytus plan they wouldn't ignore him).

...and they know that the pair had connection with the Parasite before...
Who is they?

Actually this plan has way less risk than what Tatsuya did in the LN, even if by some chance they were monitored when they cast Cocytus one would not have associate him with Mahesvara, Miyuki was already known as a very powerful magician and they know that the pair had connection with the Parasite before, yet in his actual plan where he went full frontal, if his helmet was ever broken and the camera captured it before he could restore it then the JSDF faction behind this incident would have known his identity.
Or Fujibayashi and the Yotsuba would have erased it like they've always been doing.  Eitherway, Miyuki not being exposed is Tatsuya's and the Yotsuba's priority.  The 101's secrets being leaked would have been their own fault for not being more proactive.  Mashevera was purposely exposed by the 101, with Fujibayashi being the main instigator(and middlewoman pawn) and Kazuma allowing it.

Offline nexarion

• J-Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #8838 on: October 08, 2014, 12:26:12 PM »
Implying Miyuki actually cared about all that. She showed quite clearly she doesn't.

Offline noal

• J-Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #8837 on: October 08, 2014, 06:57:50 AM »

Offline Monstratboy

• J-Addict
  • MKR's Shiba T.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8836 on: October 08, 2014, 06:39:53 AM »
Now that I've read volume 13 I still can't understand why Miyuki didn't just go with his onii-sama the night when pixy detected the parasite... His and her identity was known to alien element during the parasite incident anyway so they can make some excuse to cover it up somehow.

Would be much more efficient if they could just cocytus storm all the parasite at once, they could even maybe bomb it remotely like when she did the freeze flame. But I guess this way it's more dramatic.
Except for Lina, Nao, the Yotsuba and Kudou gangs, the vamps and many of Kudou's solidiers were wiped out at an empty school's grounds.

Miyuki and Tatsuya releasing their full powers at a heavily guarded and carefully monitored,  visitor packed, popular public event doesn't sound like something that can be easily covered up.

While most know Miyuki and Tatsuya are very powerful, there is nothing yet indicating their hidden identities were revealed to anyone other than those who knew it before the final vamp battle.

Offline noal

• J-Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #8835 on: October 08, 2014, 03:45:11 AM »
Now that I've read volume 13 I still can't understand why Miyuki didn't just go with his onii-sama the night when pixy detected the parasite... His and her identity was known to alien element during the parasite incident anyway so they can make some excuse to cover it up somehow.

Would be much more efficient if they could just cocytus storm all the parasite at once, they could even maybe bomb it remotely like when she did the freeze flame. But I guess this way it's more dramatic.

Offline Vampirecat

• J-Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #8834 on: October 08, 2014, 03:10:17 AM »
Even if he only copied the restriction spell, he copied the magic sequence from the first doll and then used this copied magic sequence on the other dolls. My problem is that he used information from the first parasite and used restoration on the other parasites, copying what he obtained from the first parasite onto the others and therefore not accessing to a past version of each parasite to cast restoration. Until now he used a past version of a eidos to change the present eidos but this was diferent. I was talking If he could do the same thing for other targets for ex an Apple and wood though it sounded stupid. And then If he can use the same copied magic sequence on various eidos using restoration, why can t he do that for other magic sequences? He only needs to memorize a magic sequence and use restoration on a group of psions to replicate any magic he wants... If he didn t need to use a past version of every single parasite eidos to cast the restoration spell there shouldn t be a problem with what i said.

All the Parasite dolls have that magic sequence. Once Tatsuya read it with the first Parasite doll, he could easily identify it in the Eidos log of the subsequent Parasite dolls and restore it in them. So he wasn't imposing a new magic sequence on something that didn't have it.

By the way, why did he need to apply a Palm strike to shut the dolls off? He couldn t shoot the magic? The magic is only useful If aplied by a Palm strike?

Tatsuya was fighting using martial arts. As such, it's easier for him to visualize a qi strike using his bare hands.

There was an event called Mahouka FES 2014 which are both concert , Meet and greet voice actors from Mahouka
Credited by Hannibal Smith

I'm surprised Honoka is all the way at the end—and among the eligible females (in other words, excluding Miyuki) Mayumi's right beside Tatsuya.

Offline OnyxObsidian

• J-Hero
  • Renommée: 24
    • View Profile
« Reply #8833 on: October 07, 2014, 08:38:12 PM »
Oh that reminds me
Credited Sashiko

Offline expertus

• J-Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #8832 on: October 07, 2014, 05:34:40 AM »
can anyone post here the vol 14 spoilers/summary at the bakatsuki forums? They banned some ip provider/email too (including mine) and you can't read anything unless registered there.

Is it the same from this one?

hmmm... as far as I know, when a spoiler comes around, other forums will take it from baka-tsuki MKnR thread then post it there. Then most of it will be forwarded here as well.
The one from your link is probably a summary of all the current spoilers shown so far...

Offline Monstratboy

• J-Addict
  • MKR's Shiba T.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8831 on: October 07, 2014, 01:46:04 AM »
Even if he only copied the restriction spell, he copied the magic sequence from the first doll and then used this copied magic sequence on the other dolls. My problem is that he used information from the first parasite and used restoration on the other parasites, copying what he obtained from the first parasite onto the others and therefore not accessing to a past version of each parasite to cast restoration. Until now he used a past version of a eidos to change the present eidos but this was diferent. I was talking If he could do the same thing for other targets for ex an Apple and wood though it sounded stupid. And then If he can use the same copied magic sequence on various eidos using restoration, why can t he do that for other magic sequences? He only needs to memorize a magic sequence and use restoration on a group of psions to replicate any magic he wants... If he didn t need to use a past version of every single parasite eidos to cast the restoration spell there shouldn t be a problem with what i said.

By the way, why did he need to apply a Palm strike to shut the dolls off? He couldn t shoot the magic? The magic is only useful If aplied by a Palm strike?
Why do you believe he used the 1st doll's recording and didn't repeat the procedure in each case?

And Tatsuya's nearly always used the oscillation-type magic with close combat strikes in the past, so its kind of weird for you to be querying this all of a sudden.  His main cads were loaded with his birth magics.

Offline Mattdamon

• J-Regular
  • Renommée: 23
    • View Profile
« Reply #8830 on: October 07, 2014, 01:22:29 AM »
There was an event called Mahouka FES 2014 which are both concert , Meet and greet voice actors from Mahouka
Credited by Hannibal Smith

Offline geniuspaus

• Raging Member
  • J-Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #8829 on: October 06, 2014, 05:39:33 PM »
can anyone post here the vol 14 spoilers/summary at the bakatsuki forums? They banned some ip provider/email too (including mine) and you can't read anything unless registered there.

Is it the same from this one?

Offline dvc1

• J-Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #8828 on: October 06, 2014, 04:11:34 PM »
I am not sure I can explain it any better than what I previously did.  In that scene Tatsuya applied restoration on the exact same thing he copied from, the doll. I am not quite sure where you're getting this idea of changing wood into apples.  Personally, I thought it was pretty clear the physical properties he was talking about is when restoration fixes physical damage.  What they were explaining was magic embedded in the eidos will also work.

The requirements for triggering the Kudou safetey spell were not required for his goal so we must assume he didn't copy that part.  Tatsuya only needed the restriction spell. The novel stated Tatsuya  guessed the spell used to create the dolls would include the spell for restraining them. He then identified, copied and restored the magic sequence embedded in the eidos he needed for restraining them.

Offline Monstratboy

• J-Addict
  • MKR's Shiba T.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8827 on: October 06, 2014, 09:01:25 AM »
But what you are forgeting is that he aplies restoration using the same memorized eidos on the other diferent eidos. So far when he used the magic he used a past state of the eidos to change the eidos he is targeting.
I was talking about If he could change the phisical characteristics of a object by using restoration imprinting the characteristics of a diferent eidos. In the quote it gives the idea that is possible to change the phisical proprieties using a diferent eidos, however there is a limit If the target isn t made of psions.basically if he memorized an apple and aplied restoration on a piece of wood would the wood transform into an Apple? Lol
Also he basically copied a magic sequence, therefore he can use restoration to "cast" any type of magic? I remember that tats said he could use replication magic, but If i remember correctly that was he simply using a memorized activation sequence while with restoration he "casted" directly a perfectly functioning magic sequence.

even If tats copied only the loyalty spell the parasites didn t desobey the orders, so why did their supply of psions stoped?
I am not sure I can explain it any better than what I previously did.  In that scene Tatsuya applied restoration on the exact same thing he copied from, the doll. I am not quite sure where you're getting this idea of changing wood into apples.  Personally, I thought it was pretty clear the physical properties he was talking about is when restoration fixes physical damage.  What they were explaining was magic embedded in the eidos will also work.

The requirements for triggering the Kudou safetey spell were not required for his goal so we must assume he didn't copy that part.  Tatsuya only needed the restriction spell. The novel stated Tatsuya  guessed the spell used to create the dolls would include the spell for restraining them. He then identified, copied and restored the magic sequence embedded in the eidos he needed for restraining them.

Offline blackwhite67

• J-Addict
  • Renommée: 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #8826 on: October 06, 2014, 07:30:24 AM »
But what you are forgeting is that he aplies restoration using the same memorized eidos on the other diferent eidos. So far when he used the magic he used a past state of the eidos to change the eidos he is targeting.
I was talking about If he could change the phisical characteristics of a object by using restoration imprinting the characteristics of a diferent eidos. In the quote it gives the idea that is possible to change the phisical proprieties using a diferent eidos, however there is a limit If the target isn t made of psions.basically if he memorized an apple and aplied restoration on a piece of wood would the wood transform into an Apple? Lol
Also he basically copied a magic sequence, therefore he can use restoration to "cast" any type of magic? I remember that tats said he could use replication magic, but If i remember correctly that was he simply using a memorized activation sequence while with restoration he "casted" directly a perfectly functioning magic sequence.

even If tats copied only the loyalty spell the parasites didn t desobey the orders, so why did their supply of psions stoped?

He can't. Restoration only works on one object. It is strictly reapplying the eidos of a target back onto that target.

Offline dvc1

• J-Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #8825 on: October 06, 2014, 07:12:11 AM »
You only need to re-read the volumes to refresh your memory. He mostly uses it to undo injuries. But it works on nearly anything. Man or machine via restoring the eidos with an earlier copy.

Ofcouse it does, it fixes physical damage remember?  That quote is pointing out that it is not limited to restoring physical form, but also magic properties since those are embedded in the eidos he's copying and pasting, since the eidos itself is also made up of psions.
I was talking about If he could change the phisical characteristics of a object by using restoration imprinting the characteristics of a diferent eidos. In the quote it gives the idea that is possible to change the phisical proprieties using a diferent eidos, however there is a limit If the target isn t made of psions.
Quote (selected)
This magic replicated a previous Eidos and imprinted the replicated Eidos onto the current one.
This was not restricted to physical properties of the Eidos. So long as this Eidos was crafted with psions, this method could be used to replicate and imprint.
basically if he memorized an apple and aplied restoration on a piece of wood would the wood transform into an Apple? Lol

Offline Monstratboy

• J-Addict
  • MKR's Shiba T.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8824 on: October 05, 2014, 11:11:00 PM »
what does this restoration magic exactly? Clone magic sequences or is there more to it?
You only need to re-read the volumes to refresh your memory. He mostly uses it to undo injuries. But it works on nearly anything. Man or machine via restoring the eidos with an earlier copy.

It gives the the idea it can be used in the material world by changing the phisical proprieties of the curent eidos by those of a previous one...
Ofcouse it does, it fixes physical damage remember?  That quote is pointing out that it is not limited to restoring physical form, but also magic properties since those are embedded in the eidos he's copying and pasting, since the eidos itself is also made up of psions.

So why did the doll lose all of its psions? Why didn t the doll restaured its psions after tats cast the spell? What exactly did he do to the other dolls? I don t get why with original magic they have access to psions and after tats re casts the original spell they stop having access to psions. What is the diference?
This was explained in the previous chapters, first when Kudo was talking with his fellow '9'.  The parasites could not go berserk and harm the students like Zhou planned because of a spell the Kudou developed and em-placed to make the parasites fall dormant if they didn't follow orders.  Tatsuya blasted all the other magics that linked the dolls and vamps and copied and restored only the back-up safety spell the Kudou had prepared.

And was this what tats wanted to do against tomitsuka?
Yes I believe so.  Tomitsuka mentioned he noticed his magic range extending.  Since this was limited by his psion armour, Tatsuya's oscillation-type attacks must have been slowly breaking it down.

Offline dvc1

• J-Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #8823 on: October 05, 2014, 06:48:54 PM »
So vol 13 is finished yay
what does this restoration magic exactly? Clone magic sequences or is there more to it?
Quote (selected)
This magic replicated a previous Eidos and imprinted the replicated Eidos onto the current one.
This was not restricted to physical properties of the Eidos. So long as this Eidos was crafted with psions, this method could be used to replicate and imprint.
It gives the the idea it can be used in the material world by changing the phisical proprieties of the curent eidos by those of a previous one...
And i don t really understand what he did to the parasites.
Quote (selected)
Gathering strength into his left hand, he held it into a fist as he moved it waist height. Tatsuya visualized a miniscule sphere being compressed within his hand.
He released the fist, as if pushing out the compressed sphere, without decreasing the distance and directly reached out his palm towards the Parasite doll from just beyond arm length.
Tatsuya sent an anti-Parasite psion pellet flying towards the electronic brain of the Parasite doll.
After stripping the psion defense barrier, the Parasite’s pushion Eidos was left completely naked.
The spell connecting the Parasite and the female servitor has also been disrupted, so the Parasite was about to be set free.
He then reaplies the loyalty spell and the dolls hybernate.
Well lets assume anti parasite psion pellet is a far strike because it destoyed the loyalty spell andis anti parasite. So why did the doll lose all of its psions? Why didn t the doll restaured its psions after tats cast the spell? What exactly did he do to the other dolls? I don t get why with original magic they have access to psions and after tats re casts the original spell they stop having access to psions. What is the diference?

And was this what tats wanted to do against tomitsuka?
Quote (selected)
At the same time that Tatsuya reached this conclusion, he was drawing closer to the servitor. Adjusting his body at the same speed that his thoughts were flowing, Tatsuya let fly his fist towards the doll’s chest.
An oscillation wave composed of psions permeated the female servitor through the palm, temporarily canceling the psion barrier enveloping the Parasite’s main body and revealing the spell that connected the Parasite and the doll.

Offline Vampirecat

• J-Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #8822 on: October 05, 2014, 06:52:55 AM »
otherwise Miyuki would need to use 2 kinds of magic (first "Magic Limiter" for his mind control and second "Freezing" for his chip, that is of mechanical structure).

Miya's innate magic is Mental Design Interference. Therefore, she fiddled with Tatsuya's mental structure to enable him to use other magics. She didn't insert a chip or any sort of mechanical device in his head. She rewrote the portions of his brain that supported most of his strong emotions and made them into an artificial Magic Calculation Area.

Offline expertus

• J-Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #8821 on: October 04, 2014, 10:48:06 PM »
Yeah, the sentence could be phrased in different ways.

For instance -まで is "until", "as far as", the physical, psychological, or temporal reaching point. Here means the consequences go right after Miyuki (the end/reaching point) by sealing his "Sight".
I have seen it translated as "because of [something], [something else]-" too, in the videogame translation database that some companies use nowadays.

I didn't use "as well", "too", or "also" because the confusion in English, that is not much a problem in Japanese. A very, very long way to put it is : "If you do that, because of me, you will be incapable of use your magic". The context helps a little bit as Seit said.

Wasn't Miya a BS magician?

They are by definition people with unique magic abilities, right? I don't remember if it is a requirement to be unable to wield other magics in an efficient way too.

no she isn't BS a magician. A BS magician is a magician that specialize in something on which other forms of magic cannot be cast(or almost unavailable) to them.
example:
Tatsuya - prior to the experiment when he was a child, he could only use Decomposition and Regrowth.
Haruka - she specialized in camouflage spells but is unable to cast any other spells.

Miya, despite her unique magic Mental Design Interference, is a normal magician but much stronger due to being a member of the Yotsuba. I think she's like her daughter since Miyuki's unique magic is Cocytus while being proficient to other standard magics.

Online Syokool

• ー世界が平和でありますようにー
  • J-Addict
  • Renommée: 101
  • Hentai Ouji
    • View Profile
    • LNM&M
« Reply #8820 on: October 04, 2014, 05:09:12 PM »
Yeah, the sentence could be phrased in different ways.

For instance -まで is "until", "as far as", the physical, psychological, or temporal reaching point. Here means the consequences go right after Miyuki (the end/reaching point) by sealing his "Sight".
I have seen it translated as "because of [something], [something else]-" too, in the videogame translation database that some companies use nowadays.

I didn't use "as well", "too", or "also" because the confusion in English, that is not much a problem in Japanese. A very, very long way to put it is : "If you do that, because of me, you will be incapable of use your magic". The context helps a little bit as Seit said.

oh, right totally forgot it...

BTW, is there any example of BS magicians (Born-Specialized Magician) giving birth to real magicians (Generic omnipotent Magician), because I wonder what kind of child might be if Tatsuya would ever have babies :elephantdancef:

Wasn't Miya a BS magician?

They are by definition people with unique magic abilities, right? I don't remember if it is a requirement to be unable to wield other magics in an efficient way too.

Offline Delacarda

• J-Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #8819 on: October 04, 2014, 03:05:13 PM »
http://mahouka-koukou-no-rettousei.wikia.com/wiki/Sakurai_Honami

oh, right totally forgot it...

BTW, is there any example of BS magicians (Born-Specialized Magician) giving birth to real magicians (Generic omnipotent Magician), because I wonder what kind of child might be if Tatsuya would ever have babies :elephantdancef:

Offline nexarion

• J-Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #8818 on: October 04, 2014, 11:46:52 AM »
yeah, but I forgot the small detail's... (sorry)
I first watched anime, and from anime on I was reading LN, it's just captivating how good it's written.

http://mahouka-koukou-no-rettousei.wikia.com/wiki/Sakurai_Honami

Offline Delacarda

• J-Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #8817 on: October 04, 2014, 11:36:36 AM »
I think not. Have you read Vol 8?

yeah, but I forgot the small detail's... (sorry)
Did you read novel or only watched anime?

I first watched anime, and from anime on I was reading LN, it's just captivating how good it's written.