Funds $1 | Needed $120
Like the community? Enjoy reading manga?
Then click on the small donation banner! Thx!

2%

Author Topic: Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei vol.01-14+  (Read 758211 times)

chon1314, atalanta, ruadh, sid448, pyramidekheops, 3Dmax, FRS and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline nexarion

• J-Starter
  • Renommée: 1
    • View Profile
Re: Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei vol.01-14+
« Reply #8790 on: Today at 02:50:10 AM »
@ Monstratboy
I think that his ES in its most basic use is similar to how other magicians connect to the info dim. And that when miyuki talks about sealing his eyes it is only the more advanced uses of ES, meaning the ability to conect to the info dim better than other magicians. Also, i think that ppl  only consider using ES when he connects to the info dim to do things others magicians can t do

Exactly the ES is used to refer to the advance connection he can get. Otherwise a lot of the novel makes no sense.

Offline dvc1

• J-Regular
  • Renommée: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #8789 on: Yesterday at 11:39:26 PM »
@ Monstratboy
I think that his ES in its most basic use is similar to how other magicians connect to the info dim. And that when miyuki talks about sealing his eyes it is only the more advanced uses of ES, meaning the ability to conect to the info dim better than other magicians. Also, i think that ppl  only consider using ES when he connects to the info dim to do things others magicians can t do

Online noal

• J-Hero
  • Renommée: 24
    • View Profile
« Reply #8788 on: Yesterday at 11:09:06 PM »
It was talking about an entirely different thing (though using the base ability of ES) :
Quote (selected)
So that he wouldn’t miss even one thing that could harm Miyuki.

Because he had this ‘eye’, he overcame the barrier of his gender and could be employed as his sister’s only guard.

To be correct, he did not normally use this ‘observation field.’ Normally, he operated this unconsciously; right now he was consciously using it and even intensifying it.

He laid an always active alarm field around Miyuki which he did unconsciously since he do that 24 hours a day. Not that he always use magic with ES unconsciously.

Offline Monstratboy

• J-Addict
  • Renommée: 27
  • MKR's Shiba T.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8787 on: Yesterday at 10:53:33 PM »
Enjoy. :hero:
Make sure to press thank you!

Volume 14
Sorry, please read the forum rules to see why you can't view spoilers and why you can't post in this forum section. Thank you!

Many Thanks!

Wrong. He used magic multiple times without using ES. If it was his only means for targeting then he couldn't have done that.  Unless the author changed her mind in the middle of it or the translation was wrong when they said he isn't using ES during the tournament.
There is nothing indicating the author changed their mind, it is explained quite well once you collate the info from  v2c10, v4c10, v9c7 and v10c12. He has never used magic without ES since it was explained as a fundamental part of every magician's magic targeting ability, but he has used magic several times without immersing himself more in the information dimension so as not to rely totally on his 5 senses.

"Its the same for any magic he uses, it always involves ES."

That's funny since during the first nine school competition, they fuss over his usage of ES worried that someone might found out if/when he is forced to use it, implying that he can use magic without it just fine.
No it doesn't really if you refer to the later explanations given in the novel. I did mention Tatsuya explained in v9 how he and other magicians normally use eyesight or other senses as a shortcut for magic targeting, but Tatsuya can abandon his 5 senses and rely totally on his sensory ability. 

His is ability was specifically stated in v10 as normally being used unconsciously.When they refer to him using ES, they only mean when he doesn't use those shortcuts and expands his conscious more in the Idea/information dimension. 

Shiba is her actual surname. Kuroba is an actual surname as well.

It's not because Maya gave that order but because Yotsuba Clan handles like that the family structure, with only one Yotsuba known while others have another surname. Maya is the only Yotsuba know with that surname because she is the head and a public figure.
Miyuki once is ascended as the Leader will take the surname as inheritance of the title, but not because she was born with it.

That they are all Yotsubas is a thing, but the family structure prevent others to link anyone with the clan.
But didn't Tatsuya mention in the v5 election arc the Yotsuba are using aliases?

Online Amario

• J-Overlord
  • Renommée: 1738
    • View Profile
Re: Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei vol.01-13+
« Reply #8786 on: Yesterday at 05:13:41 PM »
Enjoy. :hero:
Make sure to press thank you!

Volume 14
Sorry, please read the forum rules to see why you can't view spoilers and why you can't post in this forum section. Thank you!

Offline nexarion

• J-Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #8785 on: Yesterday at 02:03:19 PM »
By the way where is this ES sealed thing coming from? He used that in Nine School and multiple time during when Miyuki didn't unseal his power. The novel seems to imply that rather than sealing specific ability it seal both their psion count (half each).

Online noal

• J-Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #8784 on: Yesterday at 01:46:41 PM »
By the way where is this ES sealed thing coming from? He used that in Nine School and multiple time during when Miyuki didn't unseal his power. The novel seems to imply that rather than sealing specific ability it seal both their psion count (half each).

Offline nexarion

• J-Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #8783 on: Yesterday at 01:09:17 PM »
Thank you very much for all your answers, but regarding the second question I'm still not sure if I got an answer, so:

Is Tatsuya able to defend against a bullet from a hand gun (that has already been fired at him), when his ES is sealed (or can he still use Decomposition or at least use Regrowth when his ES is sealed) ?

AFAIK he can not use Regrowth without ES. And Decomposition can be used without ES but he can only target what is close to him because he can't use ES to target anymore.

Offline Delacarda

• J-Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #8782 on: Yesterday at 12:24:36 PM »
Thank you very much for all your answers, but regarding the second question I'm still not sure if I got an answer, so:

Is Tatsuya able to defend against a bullet from a hand gun (that has already been fired at him), when his ES is sealed (or can he still use Decomposition or at least use Regrowth when his ES is sealed) ?

Offline nexarion

• J-Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #8781 on: Yesterday at 09:02:44 AM »
ES is not an additional magic sensory ability, it is Tatsuya's only method of targeting for magic and was stated to be a more advanced version of the one all modern magicians use as mentioned in v2 and v4.

Miyuki's mental interference magic would shut down ANY modern magician's ability to use magic for the exact same reason it would shut down Tatsuya's ES, since they are fundamentally the same sensory skill used by all magicians for modern magic targeting - linking to the info dimension. It seems her spirit magic shuts down the mind's ability to work with the info dimension.

Therefore the ES Tatsuya uses for long distance OTH targeting is the same ES ability he uses for regular close targeting. Its the same for any magic he uses, it always involves ES. v10 explains that the further he needs to see only means him concentrating more and immersing himself further into the information dimension, unless he uses one of the regular 5 senses as a 'shortcut' to speed up the process, as explained in v9. Direct line of sight obviously being the most common.

Wrong. He used magic multiple times without using ES. If it was his only means for targeting then he couldn't have done that.  Unless the author changed her mind in the middle of it or the translation was wrong when they said he isn't using ES during the tournament.

Offline Syokool

• ー世界が平和でありますようにー
  • J-Addict
  • Renommée: 101
  • Hentai Ouji
    • View Profile
    • LNM&M
« Reply #8780 on: Yesterday at 08:35:26 AM »
i want some conformation on some stuff...

if my memory serves me right, Miyuki is using shiba as her family name because Maya ordered her so right? but is it true that she will change her last name to Yotsuba after she graduate? i kinda forgot about this one  but i do believe someone once posted about it.

Shiba is her actual surname. Kuroba is an actual surname as well.

It's not because Maya gave that order but because Yotsuba Clan handles like that the family structure, with only one Yotsuba known while others have another surname. Maya is the only Yotsuba know with that surname because she is the head and a public figure.
Miyuki once is ascended as the Leader will take the surname as inheritance of the title, but not because she was born with it.

That they are all Yotsubas is a thing, but the family structure prevent others to link anyone with the clan.

By any chance, it al started with the Dahan's incident, and it does not seem like a tradition. If there was a male instead of the twins Maya and Miya, we can only speculate what the scenario could have been, since the children take the father's surname.

Offline EikoTakeda

• J-Starter
  • Renommée: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #8779 on: Yesterday at 07:11:16 AM »
i want some conformation on some stuff...

if my memory serves me right, Miyuki is using shiba as her family name because Maya ordered her so right? but is it true that she will change her last name to Yotsuba after she graduate? i kinda forgot about this one  but i do believe someone once posted about it.

Online noal

• J-Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #8778 on: Yesterday at 07:10:34 AM »
"Its the same for any magic he uses, it always involves ES."

That's funny since during the first nine school competition, they fuss over his usage of ES worried that someone might found out if/when he is forced to use it, implying that he can use magic without it just fine.

Offline Monstratboy

• J-Addict
  • Renommée: 27
  • MKR's Shiba T.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8777 on: Yesterday at 06:37:41 AM »
I see "Elemental sight" as the greatest power up, so I have two questions:

1) Is Tatsuya's "Elemental sight" an ability that was given to him at birth or with operation ?

2) About the Limiter on Tatsuya's power: If Miyuki would seal Tatsuya's sight (I think she meant "Elemental sight", as Miyuki said she can seal his sight) would Tatsuya still be able to use any magic beside Gram Demolition or maybe Compound Waves that are insufficient to counter ordinary weapons like a hand gun ?
ES is not an additional magic sensory ability, it is Tatsuya's only method of targeting for magic and was stated to be a more advanced version of the one all modern magicians use as mentioned in v2 and v4.

Miyuki's mental interference magic would shut down ANY modern magician's ability to use magic for the exact same reason it would shut down Tatsuya's ES, since they are fundamentally the same sensory skill used by all magicians for modern magic targeting - linking to the info dimension. It seems her spirit magic shuts down the mind's ability to work with the info dimension.

Therefore the ES Tatsuya uses for long distance OTH targeting is the same ES ability he uses for regular close targeting. Its the same for any magic he uses, it always involves ES. v10 explains that the further he needs to see only means him concentrating more and immersing himself further into the information dimension, unless he uses one of the regular 5 senses as a 'shortcut' to speed up the process, as explained in v9. Direct line of sight obviously being the most common.

Offline nexarion

• J-Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #8776 on: Yesterday at 04:22:31 AM »

1) Is Tatsuya's "Elemental sight" an ability that was given to him at birth or with operation ?

2) About the Limiter on Tatsuya's power: If Miyuki would seal Tatsuya's sight (I think she meant "Elemental sight", as Miyuki said she can seal his sight) would Tatsuya still be able to use any magic beside Gram Demolition or maybe Compound Waves that are insufficient to counter ordinary weapons like a hand gun ?

All we know is that:
  • Elemental sight allows Tatsuya to use his two only active magic: Decomposition and Regrowth;
  • About magic from chip obtained with operation I believe Tatsuya is unable to perform any highly complicated magic so in a battle other ability's beside "flash cast", under the condition that his innate ability would be completely sealed are almost useless ("Elemental sight" being sealed: seeing activation sequence would not help him, if he can not alter it)

1) Regrowth is only usable with Elemental sight. Regrowth was gotten by birth. Therefore...... (It's more like he got Elemental sight by birth and that is the reason he can use the other 2 magics that require it if u think about it logicly.)

2) He could use any magic that doesn't require Elemental sight and is within his power of a normal magician he got after the operation.
He can not perform as powerful magic but using flash cast he can deal with the deficit in speed.

Offline Delacarda

• J-Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #8775 on: Yesterday at 03:02:48 AM »

All we know is that:
  • Elemental sight allows Tatsuya to use his two only active magic: Decomposition and Regrowth;
  • About magic from chip obtained with operation I believe Tatsuya is unable to perform any highly complicated magic so in a battle other ability's beside "flash cast", under the condition that his innate ability would be completely sealed are almost useless ("Elemental sight" being sealed: seeing activation sequence would not help him, if he can not alter it)

Online noal

• J-Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #8774 on: October 01, 2014, 12:38:19 AM »
I thought that he could elemental sight the doll when it's still inactive and just cocytus the heck out of it but guess not, he couldn't find their location even with elemental sight eh.

Offline Vampirecat

• J-Regular
  • Renommée: 28
    • View Profile
« Reply #8773 on: September 30, 2014, 11:10:04 PM »
By the way, rather than Material Burst the competition ground why don't he just use onii-sama powered cocytus? Isn't that more effective for Parasites?

Because Miyuki is a contestant in Steeplechase Cross-country, and before the event, the Parasi-Dolls were powered down. Unlike Tatsuya, Miyuki apparently wanted First High to win—or at least to pit herself against the other students and come out on top.

Online noal

• J-Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #8772 on: September 30, 2014, 10:46:00 PM »
By the way, rather than Material Burst the competition ground why don't he just use onii-sama powered cocytus? Isn't that more effective for Parasites?

Offline EikoTakeda

• J-Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #8771 on: September 28, 2014, 03:52:21 PM »
One more question, in volume 13 chapter 8 there's a Sakai and Saeki are those the same person or is it a typo? And are the 101 battalion and Tatsuya still close or no?

No there are not ... Sakai is the CEO/leader of the Col Sakai Group.
Saeki on the other hand, is the commander of the 101st Brigade,

Offline Megabadman

• J-Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #8770 on: September 28, 2014, 12:01:00 PM »
One more question, in volume 13 chapter 8 there's a Sakai and Saeki are those the same person or is it a typo? And are the 101 battalion and Tatsuya still close or no?

Offline Vampirecat

• J-Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #8769 on: September 28, 2014, 07:56:15 AM »
So i just finished reading Vol. 13 Chapter 6, and the ending has me confused. Why do they want Tatsuya to run wild?

If the Parasites go amok and aren't contained, they could escape the dolls and possess some of the students going through the Steeplechase Cross Country course. Parasites are attracted by pure will and the students competing in the event would all want to win. So to prevent another outbreak of vampires, Kokonoe et al. want Tatsuya to do everything he can to stop the Parasi-dolls.

Offline OnyxObsidian

• J-Hero
  • Renommée: 20
    • View Profile
« Reply #8768 on: September 27, 2014, 07:14:47 PM »
They want Tatsuya to use his power to defeat the parasites in order for them not to be affected by the pure will of the students of the need "to win".

Offline Megabadman

• J-Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #8767 on: September 27, 2014, 09:33:11 AM »
So i just finished reading Vol. 13 Chapter 6, and the ending has me confused. Why do they want Tatsuya to run wild?

Offline Vampirecat

• J-Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #8766 on: September 27, 2014, 01:00:20 AM »
Chapter 8 is complete.

Offline Comicgeekcan

• J-Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #8765 on: September 26, 2014, 10:57:34 AM »
thnx

Offline nexarion

• J-Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #8764 on: September 26, 2014, 10:43:03 AM »
i am a noob so i gotta ask: how?

http://www.cachedpages.com/

Altho it might not have what you are looking for if it's recent.

Offline Comicgeekcan

• J-Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #8763 on: September 26, 2014, 10:24:39 AM »
try cache version
i am a noob so i gotta ask: how?

Offline Breimoon

• J-Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #8762 on: September 26, 2014, 07:24:04 AM »
try cache version

Offline Comicgeekcan

• J-Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #8761 on: September 26, 2014, 06:01:16 AM »
cant access bakatsuki anyone know what happen

Offline OnyxObsidian

• J-Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #8760 on: September 24, 2014, 11:37:50 PM »
Sorry. By "sponsor" I kind of meant "manipulator from behind the scenes whose connection to the Yotsuba gives them power in return for their listening to him". Even Fujibayashi and Kudou were considering this in Vol 11:
I was also wondering if they might have a connection to Tatsuya.

New spoiler for Vol 14 from Sashiko adding on from the last couple of scenes (talking about Igarashi, I believe):

Offline nexarion

• J-Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #8759 on: September 24, 2014, 02:37:22 PM »
Well onyx can better explain it in words i suppose. Between the 'Sponsor' I was talking about was the one who helped set up the fourth lab in 2020 or b4 other labs were set up. This sponsor is private person/group which funded yotsuba. I beleive Maya is taking out Col. Sakai faction based on their request/order. Kudou also mentions abt him.

I know but he said Tatsuya is/could/would become their sponsor and i don't really get that fact. Don't understand how.

Offline kaizersoze

• J-Member
  • ningen shikkaku
    • View Profile
« Reply #8758 on: September 24, 2014, 02:10:40 PM »
I don't really understand the logic of any way of having Tatsuya become sponsor of Yotsuba. He doesn't have enough influence, nor money, nor do they even recognize him + he already is part of them.

Well onyx can better explain it in words i suppose. Between the 'Sponsor' I was talking about was the one who helped set up the fourth lab in 2020 or b4 other labs were set up. This sponsor is private person/group which funded yotsuba. I beleive Maya is taking out Col. Sakai faction based on their request/order. Kudou also mentions abt him.

Offline nexarion

• J-Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #8757 on: September 24, 2014, 09:18:06 AM »

I thought this sponsor person had influence level of a country. I think Maya mentioned she was being co operative with 'them'--as in sponsor party right?. Btw can u please tell me in which chapter of vol 10 was magicians of forbidden sect was mentioned. I dont seem to recall it.

Btw yaya...early release of Mahouka vol 15. does that mean February?

I don't really understand the logic of any way of having Tatsuya become sponsor of Yotsuba. He doesn't have enough influence, nor money, nor do they even recognize him + he already is part of them.

Offline kaizersoze

• J-Member
  • ningen shikkaku
    • View Profile
« Reply #8756 on: September 24, 2014, 09:04:36 AM »
Taking Tatsuya away from the military... doesn't that push him further into the Yotsuba's clutches? Also, I'm very curious about this sponsor person. He probably has something to do with Tatsuya- maybe Tatsuya will end up being the Yotsuba clan's new sponsor or alternative (since Strategic magicians give Clans considerable power- look at Mio). I also wonder if they have any connection to the "Magicians of the Forbidden Sect" mentioned in Vol 10 whose magic speed was supposedly so incredible.

I thought this sponsor person had influence level of a country. I think Maya mentioned she was being co operative with 'them'--as in sponsor party right?. Btw can u please tell me in which chapter of vol 10 was magicians of forbidden sect was mentioned. I dont seem to recall it.

Btw yaya...early release of Mahouka vol 15. does that mean February?

Offline nexarion

• J-Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #8755 on: September 24, 2014, 06:59:53 AM »
Taking Tatsuya away from the military... doesn't that push him further into the Yotsuba's clutches? Also, I'm very curious about this sponsor person. He probably has something to do with Tatsuya- maybe Tatsuya will end up being the Yotsuba clan's new sponsor or alternative (since Strategic magicians give Clans considerable power- look at Mio). I also wonder if they have any connection to the "Magicians of the Forbidden Sect" mentioned in Vol 10 whose magic speed was supposedly so incredible.

How can he become a sponsor if he is already a guardian because they "don't recognize him". You lost me there.

Offline OnyxObsidian

• J-Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #8754 on: September 24, 2014, 05:46:31 AM »

Offline nexarion

• J-Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #8753 on: September 23, 2014, 03:30:32 PM »
Chapter 8 has been updated.
BTW, I do believe that "Makeishura" is Mahesvara...

That just pains even more when chapter  7 is a gap :(

Offline OnyxObsidian

• J-Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #8752 on: September 23, 2014, 02:46:49 PM »
Chapter 8 has been updated.
BTW, I do believe that "Makeishura" is Mahesvara...
Plus Dreyakis said he's finish chapter 7 in about a week.

Offline Hakazee

• J-Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #8751 on: September 23, 2014, 02:56:47 AM »
“I don’t know. Zhou Gongjin said 哮天犬(Some Chinese dog monster I think), but it cannot be possible.”

“Because that is a fictional creature……. it is probably some kind of synthesis magic, this is going to be a tough enemy……….”

i think that is Xiàotiān quǎn (啸天犬 - "Howling Celestial Dog"). This is Erlang Shen's dog.

FYI, in chinese mythology Erlang Shen has Third Eye and Trident.

Offline azziz

• J-Member
  • Renommée: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #8750 on: September 23, 2014, 02:01:26 AM »
arrived at the scene. Fumiya’s expression turn in a blink of an eye and rushed to Mitsugu’s side.“Who could have done………Oh right! Tatsuya Nii-sama”Fumiya remember that the person that he worshiped
huh? I think the Chapter 6 they're talking about is Vol.13 Chap 6 on which was just been finished translated. The teasers are from Vol. 14 which is still not been translated since VOl. 13 haven't been fully translated yet...

sorry,i misunderstood.

Offline Yellowmumba1

• J-Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #8749 on: September 22, 2014, 08:07:39 PM »

Last part of vol 13 chapter 8

Offline OnyxObsidian

• J-Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #8748 on: September 22, 2014, 07:47:18 PM »
Yeah chapter 6 is up on Baka Tsuki. Vol 14 only has 5 chapters, is apparently the first volume under 300 pages etc. The raws haven't been released yet.

Offline expertus

• J-Regular
  • Renommée: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #8747 on: September 22, 2014, 06:58:39 PM »
i do no dare ask for a more detailled summary of chapter 6(it's fine for instance if you don't want  to explain what was minami reaction to what action exactly from tatsuya x miyuki or any other detail),you may no have the time and i wouldn't want to appear ungrateful;but it's a shame:all those tease from you and sashiko,while better than nothing,ofcourse, can't replace a good old summary.

huh? I think the Chapter 6 they're talking about is Vol.13 Chap 6 on which was just been finished translated. The teasers are from Vol. 14 which is still not been translated since VOl. 13 haven't been fully translated yet...

Offline seitsuki

• J-Starter
  • Renommée: 13
    • View Profile
« Reply #8746 on: September 22, 2014, 02:12:31 PM »
It's all in English now, you can read the full thing.

Offline azziz

• J-Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8745 on: September 22, 2014, 07:11:42 AM »
BTW, chapter 6 is now completed.
Minami's reactions to Tatsuya x Miyuki are pretty funny. Also, Tatsuya seems to be thinking about other people other than Miyuki. There's hope for the future!

i do no dare ask for a more detailled summary of chapter 6(it's fine for instance if you don't want  to explain what was minami reaction to what action exactly from tatsuya x miyuki or any other detail),you may no have the time and i wouldn't want to appear ungrateful;but it's a shame:all those tease from you and sashiko,while better than nothing,ofcourse, can't replace a good old summary.

Offline OnyxObsidian

• J-Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #8744 on: September 21, 2014, 07:29:59 PM »
BTW, chapter 6 is now completed.
Minami's reactions to Tatsuya x Miyuki are pretty funny. Also, Tatsuya seems to be thinking about other people other than Miyuki. There's hope for the future!

Offline EikoTakeda

• J-Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #8743 on: September 21, 2014, 07:23:33 PM »
is mitsugu going to die ? or tats going to save him regardless of mitsugu's will

Online noal

• J-Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #8742 on: September 21, 2014, 10:52:25 AM »
In fact I thought it should have been more similar to trident, in anime it leaves the blood in liquid form scattered but rupture is a magic that instantly vaporize liquid in your body, the blood should be in powdered form, thought other organ should remain (or rather, blown up) in kind of mummified form I suppose.

Offline OnyxObsidian

• J-Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #8741 on: September 21, 2014, 09:05:46 AM »
I have to say Rupture in the anime was very different to the Rupture in my head. Honestly now Rupture just looks the same as Trident except they explode with blood instead of air and fire.