Funds $64 | Needed $120
Like the community? Enjoy reading manga?
Then click on the small donation banner! Thx!

58%

Author Topic: Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei vol.01-16+  (Read 1084604 times)

mehazava, ekolop, krankiss, RDF, nijok, Magic98, zilch100, rhodolfoK10, henryc132, Ariel-San and 7 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline TatsuyaGod

• J-Starter
  • Renommée: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei vol.01-16+
« Reply #9607 on: Today at 10:57:31 AM »
So do you think Tatsuya will need the help from some other maybe TMC or someone with the help of his project ESCAPES? He did say that I believe that it would be too much for just FLT to handle.

Offline expertsource

• J-Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #9606 on: Today at 02:12:16 AM »
Do you think Mizuki is part of Yotsuba too? One of the candidates for  the heir is named Shibata Katsushige.  :huh: :huh:

same question again, we have passed this already. mizuki's shibata is writing in different kanji. Also if she were yotsuba, she would be in the meeting. also, volume17preview spoilers assert that when she and yoshida learned tatsuya from yotsuba, they surprized and started to act awkardly around tatsuya.

in conclusion, she is not a yotsuba, but have same surname in different kanji

Offline Lhie

• J-Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #9605 on: Today at 01:50:10 AM »
Do you think Mizuki is part of Yotsuba too? One of the candidates for  the heir is named Shibata Katsushige.  :huh: :huh:

Offline jmaverf

• J-Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #9604 on: Yesterday at 10:41:54 AM »
@jmaverf Side stories including Mayumi entering their home story here:
Sorry, please read the forum rules to see why you can't view spoilers and why you can't post in this forum section. Thank you!

Thank you :)

Offline Jiminy

• J-Starter
  • Renommée: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #9603 on: Yesterday at 10:10:45 AM »
I believe there's also a SS for the second 9SC. Is there a translation or summaries for it? Thanks in advance.

I don't know about any English translations.
If you can read Chinese:
Sorry, please read the forum rules to see why you can't view spoilers and why you can't post in this forum section. Thank you!

Short Summaries / Spoilers:

Satou wrote also a short story about Mikihiko and another one about the Kuroba twins. Unfortunately I can't find any of them.

Offline hinnyuu

• J-Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #9602 on: Yesterday at 06:53:11 AM »

I believe there's also a SS for the second 9SC. Is there a translation or summaries for it? Thanks in advance.

Offline sphinxs00

• J-Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #9601 on: Yesterday at 02:03:30 AM »
Just to clear this up. The facebook group is not taking in any new applicants, only those who have proven that they're real fans and not YP moles.
Don't bother trying to prove your innocence, you will still have to be invited by one of the current members and accepted by the moderators.

Too bad for us who really are fans of MKnR. I guess I just have to settle for those summaries and be grateful to anyone sharing them.

Offline zarion

• Forum Donator
  • J-Hero
  • Renommée: 29
    • View Profile
« Reply #9600 on: Yesterday at 01:37:26 AM »
Just to clear this up. The facebook group is not taking in any new applicants, only those who have proven that they're real fans and not YP moles.
Don't bother trying to prove your innocence, you will still have to be invited by one of the current members and accepted by the moderators.

Offline TatsuyaGod

• J-Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #9599 on: Yesterday at 01:20:40 AM »
How many Side Stories are there right now in MKnR? I have forgotten.

Offline OnyxObsidian

• J-Hero
  • Renommée: 39
    • View Profile
« Reply #9598 on: Yesterday at 01:00:40 AM »

Offline bobbyness

• J-Starter
  • Renommée: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #9597 on: May 21, 2015, 08:12:23 PM »
Uhm... Can you guys give me a link of mayumi's side story where she visited tatsuya's house, if you guys have it. Thanks!!!

I agree with this guy. did anyone do the chapter where Mayumi regressed a bit when she got drunk?

Offline Lucidbro

• J-Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #9596 on: May 21, 2015, 04:36:31 PM »
Well, Miyuki is the alpha female of the series.

Online ekolop

• J-Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #9595 on: May 21, 2015, 04:23:37 PM »
I do like the actual pairing... I always shipped for a TxMiyuki, dunno. I like miyuki.... I've read many many mangas and a few novels and Miyuki is one of the most interestings female characters... She has to bear a lot... That family, the guilt of biding her brother andbe in love with him even thought they were siblings. One of the things I like the most is just how strong she is, to the level where she could be even considered a SCM, she has many traits that are lovable and the fact that she is naturally manmade godly like beautiful is also nice cause it stops the stereotype of the not solo good looking FMC and that gets away sexi as the series progress... You know I do like Miyuki and above them all she is the one I like the most, Much more when she admitted being a cold hearted woman. And we all see or read that tatsuya only has strong feelings towards Miyuki... I like other characters too like Erika (she is the one that acts more like me XD) and mayumi ( So cool and funny and cute at the same time) and well (Mari too) almost all characters are so cool and nice to read ( honoka is the only one that I don't really... Humm not that I don't like the Character, just almost at the bottom of the ones I like) so this is all and well I thank all the TRANSLATOR GROUP for giving so many spoilers and well hope one day I'll be able to be of help! Thanks and wish to read MKNR 16 soon enough!!!  :elephantdancef:  I WISH TO BE IN THE FB GROUP! COULD ANYONE GIVE ME SOME LINK OR ANYTHIMG?! THANKS!!!  :hi:

Offline Uzi987

• J-Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #9594 on: May 21, 2015, 11:28:44 AM »
Man, I'd wish some underground guys would translate volume 16 asap, haven't read a single spoiler, but the hype is real.

Offline Kyu1982

• J-Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #9593 on: May 21, 2015, 11:18:19 AM »
That's fine, but use a spoiler marking around that link, otherwise it might be deleted by mods
And it's from TrueAlchemist. Credit it please.
This is TA. You guys don't have to credit me. My work is consist of efforts by guys from AS, Jcafe, and anons @ 4chan.
 Spoilers, summaries, and comments are separated by people who contributed these information and the name of forums that they posted.
When you guys post these information on other forums and other sites, I know it is hassle, but please credit the original contributor.

Offline HammerU89

• J-Hero
  • Renommée: 32
    • View Profile
« Reply #9592 on: May 21, 2015, 10:15:38 AM »
this is not a summary, but some thoughts about V16 spoilers already posted...

(btw, a big thanks to everyone who has taken the time to write up spoilers and snippets of translated dialogue... and for sharing them here.)

Behind the volumes, and trying to catch up. Guess I missed quite a bit. So the author is actually going to go through with the..

Offline Rac

• J-Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #9591 on: May 21, 2015, 04:55:27 AM »
she is a super annoying hell hound in a fake goddess shell. :stabby:

This guy understands. *brofist*

Offline kenga

• J-Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #9590 on: May 21, 2015, 04:50:30 AM »
she is a super annoying hell hound in a fake goddess shell. :stabby:

Offline Rac

• J-Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #9589 on: May 21, 2015, 04:28:20 AM »
I hear what you are saying but I feel that Miyuki is too innocent for the author to let her die unless he is planning on unleashing Tatsuya. I highly doubt though that Miyuki will have a tragic ending.

I'm Sorry, I don't think I read that correctly. Did you just call Miyuki too innocent? Where in the hell did you ever manage to get that notion from? She's SPOILED to no end and sheltered, for sure, but innocent, I think not.

Offline jmaverf

• J-Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #9588 on: May 20, 2015, 07:29:29 PM »
Uhm... Can you guys give me a link of mayumi's side story where she visited tatsuya's house, if you guys have it. Thanks!!!

Offline OnyxObsidian

• J-Hero
  • Renommée: 39
    • View Profile
« Reply #9587 on: May 20, 2015, 07:22:39 PM »
That's fine, but use a spoiler marking around that link, otherwise it might be deleted by mods
And it's from TrueAlchemist. Credit it please.

Offline Sohh1

• J-Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #9586 on: May 20, 2015, 07:19:49 PM »
From OnyxObsidian. Thanks to her for share it.

Mahouka vol.16 Spoilers and Summaries

:karoke:

Online RDF

• Gundam Meister
  • J-Starter
  • Just As Planned
    • View Profile
« Reply #9585 on: May 20, 2015, 06:57:25 PM »
We're still missing Tatsuya's confrontation with Katsuhige and his guardians. Tatsuya's confrontation with Mitsugu after he made it to the main house is also not entirely clear.

Yeah, this is the most important one we are missing.

Offline zarion

• Forum Donator
  • J-Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #9584 on: May 20, 2015, 06:43:11 PM »
We're still missing Tatsuya's confrontation with Katsuhige and his guardians. Tatsuya's confrontation with Mitsugu after he made it to the main house is also not entirely clear.

Offline TatsuyaGod

• J-Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #9583 on: May 20, 2015, 06:02:36 PM »
The only thing is the main parts have already really been translated. The only other parts are the long boring talk about someones special magic or unnecessary long discussions about nothing honestly.

Offline Lucidbro

• J-Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #9582 on: May 20, 2015, 05:28:27 PM »
So I know Rei has done Chapter 1 and Some of Chapter 2. Has anyone started the other Chapters to translate? Im planning on starting to translate from wherever others have stopped. I am on break so I have the free time.
Jesus, is that you?

On another note. Rei said she'll finish chapter 2, right? So probably a good idea to start from the next chapter.

Online RDF

• Gundam Meister
  • J-Starter
  • Just As Planned
    • View Profile
« Reply #9581 on: May 20, 2015, 05:21:05 PM »
It will be a good idea if you translate how the novels end.  There are many fragments of chapters around the internet like the Maya and Tatsuya conversation, Tatsuya new magic demonstration, Miyuki mirror scene, etc. 

Offline TatsuyaGod

• J-Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #9580 on: May 20, 2015, 04:58:31 PM »
So I know Rei has done Chapter 1 and Some of Chapter 2. Has anyone started the other Chapters to translate? Im planning on starting to translate from wherever others have stopped. I am on break so I have the free time.

Offline Rottenkiwi

• J-Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #9579 on: May 20, 2015, 02:41:15 PM »
Thanks a lot Reitsukii, you're a real class act :wahaha:

Offline Lucidbro

• J-Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #9578 on: May 20, 2015, 02:33:26 PM »

(btw, a big thanks to everyone who has taken the time to write up spoilers and snippets of translated dialogue... and for sharing them here.)

I think very few people legitimately have that sense. There are a few people that would rather not have them get married but it's not a very realistic expectation if we are to go by the earlier 16 volumes.

Offline TatsuyaGod

• J-Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #9577 on: May 20, 2015, 02:05:38 PM »

I hear what you are saying but I feel that Miyuki is too innocent for the author to let her die unless he is planning on unleashing Tatsuya. I highly doubt though that Miyuki will have a tragic ending.

Online zilch100

• J-Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #9576 on: May 20, 2015, 01:45:12 PM »

Online Silver001

• J-Member
  • Renommée: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #9575 on: May 20, 2015, 12:22:45 PM »
I know someone has probably asked this but where can i find the link to the RAWs of Volume 16 so that I can Translate it to English?

You're a translator? RAWs are in this thread.

Volume 1-16: torrent

RAW Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei vol16.

Offline MknR Rec

• J-Starter
  • B4 PM/email, u already chkd status in my website?
    • View Profile
    • Status
« Reply #9574 on: May 20, 2015, 12:20:53 PM »
I know someone has probably asked this but where can i find the link to the RAWs of Volume 16 so that I can Translate it to English?
Please visit

Offline TatsuyaGod

• J-Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #9573 on: May 20, 2015, 11:39:48 AM »

Offline passingass

• J-Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #9572 on: May 20, 2015, 04:36:00 AM »
You all have good and valid points. @sync @l_rz yes, a vocal minority can be...noisy. @zarion yes, a group of fans can and will produce a better/faster product than an individual. and finally @reitsukii yes, criticism hurts, but this recent reddit LPT post comes to mind http://www.reddit.com/r/LifeProTips/comments/362ogd/lpt_if_youre_given_criticism_by_an_individual_or/

Offline Reitsukii

• J-Starter
  • Renommée: 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #9571 on: May 19, 2015, 10:47:15 PM »
@l_rz thanks for your advice! I will look at it when I'm back.

@rottenkiwi

@zarion I think you really don't know what you are talking about. I updated the link, compiled everything, Updated it in fb and asked people to take some time to read it please. The first sentence of that doc is that I won't be translating this week because I'm going on a holiday. It's school break! I think it's normal to go on a holiday??

Offline zarion

• Forum Donator
  • J-Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #9570 on: May 19, 2015, 08:35:29 PM »
Nothing is being posted on the FB group, Rei-Tsuki is depressed and isn't translating for now. You're not missing anything.

Offline Rottenkiwi

• J-Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #9569 on: May 19, 2015, 06:55:44 PM »
So... can we get a link or anything to the facebook group or is it private? :huh:

Offline zarion

• Forum Donator
  • J-Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #9568 on: May 19, 2015, 05:00:37 PM »
Lucidbro, Bakkos, how in the blue blazes do you get that I am acting entitled? I told you all to download and store the translations that were available because I didn't think Rei-Tsuki was acting reliable with going back and forth on her previous statements and acting very moody, from that I assumed that she might take down all her translations at any moment. I also specifically said to not repost the translations, honoring her previous request. Tell me, how do you clowns reach a conclusion that I am demanding anything from that?

Offline sync

• J-Starter
  • Renommée: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #9567 on: May 19, 2015, 04:30:02 PM »
Wow, this kinda got serious. LOL!

Anyways, I come from fansubbing. Yeah, fansubbing, since VHS times until this "all digital" day.
Fighting against CrunchyRoll (a.k.a. HorribleSubs for those that download instead of signing up for CR) is very hard.
Since this is THE INTERNET, first come, first with the biggest e-p0n0s.

And than you ask, why keeping translating/fansubbing, if those that are your target "consumers" can have it faster from X place?
It's because I enjoy it.
I enjoy translating and fansubbig.
I enjoy the "logistics" behind it. Translating, translation check, encoding, FX, first encode for QC, QC approved and finally, release.

Than comes the "ungrateful kid" that can only complain and whine. Since I've been far too long doing this shit, I've learned to give zero fucks about them.
But, in some cases, there are those with constructive criticism.
Someone points a grammar error, or some miss-translation, or some video error, etc.

To those criticisms, you give your attention. The rest is simply... the internet.

If you thought your translation was good enough to share, to give back to those that like the series, do so.
Pay attention to those that give good feedback.
Ignore the shitty kids, and keep improving your work.

Just my 2 cents.

Also, @l_rz.
Dude has some awesome points. You should kindly hear his advices.

Offline l_rz

• J-Recruit
  • Renommée: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #9566 on: May 19, 2015, 04:16:48 PM »
Quote from: Reitsukii
Someone posted my work at Mahouka Wiki without credit and my permission
Hi, First of all I want to thank you very much for your effort and I'd like to briefly introduce myself:  I worked V14 Ch3. Mainly, because I checked the BT Forum for about a month and didn't see anyone interested in TLing.  Then I decided to work on it.  The Chapter was pretty hard, lots of tech info and places, but I did it because I wanted to see a complete Vol 14, even though I'm slow and the most I can TL a day is 1 page.  People then have asked me if I could work on V15 and after.  My answer after some deep thought is NO. I'm a bibiri-kun and a bit concerned on receiving a C&D. Sorry about this ppl.

Anyway, I noticed this post in 4Chan and decided to write this post here in jcafe.  In this sense, you are right. You are the owner of your own work and it's your choice who'd you like to share it to. It's like the same as HSL says about anime taste. The choice is yours, don't let anyone tell you otherwise. If those ""critics"" can do better, let them post their TLs, so we mature ppl can do our CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM on them and do TLC.  It's HARD work, let me tell you, ""critics"".  And no one these days feels like doing it.

How would you feel if you are in my shoes?
Yeah...  I felt kind of the same...

To the person who thinks that I'm doing for attention...
Like I say, it's your choice, only.

Ah.. by the way, I agree with the statement that my translation work isn't legit.
As I mentioned in the FB group, I'm not good at it. This is my first time doing such things. And other reasons I stated in fb group.
You see this is why I didn't want it to spread around because people are only reading the content without knowing anything else.
If you'd like I can do a TLC for you. If not, I suggest contacting MKnR Rec and send them your TL.  They'll be EXTREMELY happy in doing a TLC and editing on your work. However, please don't lose your motivation in doing this.  This is the last thing the community would want.  Please realize that in every corner of the Web there will be haters.

The only reason why I'm doing translation for this volume is because I'm in love with it (Cos Tatsuya and Miyuki are engaged!!) so I want to share the joy of reading this volume.
I like this series mostly because I'm a Miyuki fan (or fag, like they say in 4Chan threads).

I think there is a DIFFERENCE between constructive and negative comments.
You can point out to me which specific sentence or paragraph has mistake and tell me how to edit it. That is a constructive comment.
Negative comments are like the one I posted just now. How would I know which part is wrong if you simply give me such a vague answer
Yeah. HUUUUGE difference...  I enabled public suggesting on the GD Doc again, for TLCers to help with this.

It's because I happened to see those comments and it really make me feel demoralised.
Oh, please don't.  The larger community wouldn't want you to lose your motivation.  Haters are just 1 or 2, at most.

and the only thing I get back is someone commented that (Spelling errors, Grammar, the list goes on and on. Not even a legit translation. Try again.).
You can also upload the file in GD Docs...  I feel I'm a bit strong regarding critics, however doing it publicly is a bit harsh.  So I suggest again contacting MKnR Rec, they'll do it privately. And if you authorize them, the public community could receive the benefit of reading the final product.

Thanks again for your effort and please don't lose your motivation.

Offline Bakkos

• J-Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #9565 on: May 19, 2015, 10:03:39 AM »
Wow... could zarion be more entitled?

I mean, I understand you want to read mahouka and all, we all do. Instead of insulting and throwing accusations at rei for not sharing her own work, you could have simply messaged him/her privately, asking nicely explaining that there are a lot people who would appreciate it.

That would've encouraged him/her to do more. But nope, its omg wat a attention whore.

Offline kouya rokuro

• J-Starter
  • Renommée: -2
    • View Profile
« Reply #9564 on: May 19, 2015, 08:22:03 AM »
Yeah, I agree,. I enjoy Rei tsuki translation work.
I give my utmost thanks.  :2one: :2one:

Offline Lucidbro

• J-Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #9563 on: May 19, 2015, 08:04:13 AM »
You're both complete asshats zarion and nexarion. The less you talk the better it will be. Stop needlessly harassing the translator. Despite not getting chapters for ages I almost hope she stops just because you're such ungrateful cunts.
Either comment with a proposed edit or simply be thankful. What on earth do you hope to achieve by saying the translator is doing this for attention? I sincerely hope that we wouldn't have people like you in the community.

Offline nexarion

• J-Recruit
  • Renommée: -7
    • View Profile
« Reply #9562 on: May 19, 2015, 07:51:38 AM »
Not my first reply here :) but well, not the first time on forum, as for insult, it's more like pointer, don't expect everybody to understand what you said earlier, it's restricted to specific tows/cities, and may not occur somewhere else

But lest be back on discussion of mahouka, coz we went a little of topic with all those discussions

For example, do you think on 10 MC arc, will marriage proposal be sent to Miyuki or to Tats to?

Wouldn't it have to be both? As a trade off.

Offline TheLaG

• J-Recruit
    • View Profile
    • trololo
« Reply #9561 on: May 19, 2015, 06:48:45 AM »
Not my first reply here :) but well, not the first time on forum, as for insult, it's more like pointer, don't expect everybody to understand what you said earlier, it's restricted to specific tows/cities, and may not occur somewhere else

But lest be back on discussion of mahouka, coz we went a little of topic with all those discussions

For example, do you think on 10 MC arc, will marriage proposal be sent to Miyuki or to Tats to?

Offline nexarion

• J-Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #9560 on: May 19, 2015, 06:37:09 AM »
It depends on society, for example in my City, I don't remember when was the last insult I heard on streets, more or less people are polite, maybe @ your home town it's custom to go around and insult every single person you are seeing, but that doesn't mean same is everywhere...

And when person never seen what is unmoderated forum, man this is harsh experience...

IDK what you are talking about, you seem pretty good at it considering you also just insulted me with your first reply.

Offline TheLaG

• J-Recruit
    • View Profile
    • trololo
« Reply #9559 on: May 19, 2015, 06:28:24 AM »
You take things to personally, do you go into depression when a stranger on the street insults you?.

Sheeesh, now I'm prolonging what i detest, great job me.

It depends on society, for example in my City, I don't remember when was the last insult I heard on streets, more or less people are polite, maybe @ your home town it's custom to go around and insult every single person you are seeing, but that doesn't mean same is everywhere...

And when person never seen what is unmoderated forum, man this is harsh experience...

Offline nexarion

• J-Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #9558 on: May 19, 2015, 06:16:32 AM »
That was completely unnecessary. There are other ways in which you could've worded that complaint, but you chose the absolutely most jarring. No, rather I had already taken care of that for you.
Adding insult to injury, your grammar fucking sucks too.

Depends on the POV; venting my frustration, although only to me, was necessary.
True.
Could have been worse.
Don't see any injury.
"That was completely unnecessary." -> back to 1st line, just roles swapped.

You are right in a certain sense.
This is my first time posting something and participate in a group and forum.
I have never participate in anything of sorts before.
Most of the time I just look for the latest information and simply skip over those conflicts in forum.
One day I just thought it would be a good idea to share with others what I had just read and did it.
So I certainly didn't expect something like this to happen and I find it hard to adapt to it.

You take things to personally, do you go into depression when a stranger on the street insults you?.

Sheeesh, now I'm prolonging what i detest, great job me.