Funds $17 | Needed $160
Like the community? Enjoy reading manga?
Then click on the small donation banner! Thx!

12%

Author Topic: Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei vol.01-16+  (Read 1176473 times)

Bakkos, MalaIT, agarvaen, jadesterne, dragon127, DelphiAdic, ayah, bnio, Onichan, Heyght3 and 22 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline Vampirecat

• J-Regular
  • Renommée: 34
    • View Profile
Re: Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei vol.01-16+
« Reply #9834 on: Today at 05:59:40 AM »
If you one day decide to go out for milk and everyone know you went out for milk.  Then you get decomposed to ash.  No one will ever know you "died".  Overtime you will cease to exist in their memories, as you already were cease to exist in the information dimension.  But you never would be acknowledged to be dead, as there is no proof. 

Death is not dependent on external observation. Someone who falls off a cliff and breaks his neck doesn't have to wait for his corpse to be discovered so that he can die. Legally he can't be declared dead until there's a death certificate or he's been missing for over 7 years, but he's still dead. Same thing when Tatsuya uses Decomposition on a person.

Offline Schina

• J-Starter
  • Renommée: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #9833 on: Today at 03:54:44 AM »
I wasn't replying to him. I was making it known that the forum authorities, (me), are aware of his behavior. If it continues, I'll eventually ban him.

Reporting posts notifies mods, (it also spams our email inboxes). So the sooner he, or any other member realizes what their behavior is going to get them, the better. The other alternative is elevated warning levels, the final being a ban, the duration of which is entirely at my discretion.

Always good to see such vigilance from modding staff o7

Offline Miguelostos

• Global Moderator
  • J-Highlander
  • Renommée: 3448
    • View Profile
« Reply #9832 on: Today at 03:53:44 AM »
Please do not reply to him. As soon as you start replying, he will continue doing it.
The best thing is just to ignore his comments until he get tired and move on.

No need to feed a troll.
I wasn't replying to him. I was making it known that the forum authorities, (me), are aware of his behavior. If it continues, I'll eventually ban him.

Reporting posts notifies mods, (it also spams our email inboxes). So the sooner he, or any other member realizes what their behavior is going to get them, the better. The other alternative is elevated warning levels, the final being a ban, the duration of which is entirely at my discretion.

Offline Schina

• J-Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #9831 on: Today at 02:36:31 AM »
Please do not reply to him. As soon as you start replying, he will continue doing it.

No need to feed a troll.

Reporting him works too

Offline maxpayne

• J-Starter
  • Renommée: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #9830 on: Today at 02:35:14 AM »

No need to feed a troll.

Offline Miguelostos

• Global Moderator
  • J-Highlander
  • Renommée: 3448
    • View Profile
« Reply #9829 on: Today at 01:41:29 AM »
@Sinister666
Stop trolling. You've been reported multiple times, and you have only been a member for a day or so.

Online MalaIT

• J-Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #9828 on: Today at 01:08:31 AM »
Sorry, please read the forum rules to see why you can't view spoilers and why you can't post in this forum section. Thank you!

These are our TL docs.

Thk for the hard work and for this pre-release, i appreciate it a lot!  :whoosh: :wahaha:

Offline Darkonus

• J-Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #9827 on: Yesterday at 09:18:23 PM »
The applications are too much of a mess, so I'll start over again.

Sorry, please read the forum rules to see why you can't view spoilers and why you can't post in this forum section. Thank you!

These are our TL docs. We in the group decided to share them some time ago to give applicants a general idea of what they have to work with before applying, but due to difficulties on my end first with googledocs and then with my laptop and RL I never got as far as releasing.
Some of the translators in our group weren't completely satisfied with the other TL project, so we intend to continue on our project as we have in the past.
Also to my knowledge we are the only ones doing V15 and we wish to finish that one as well.
We are currently looking for editors and TLCs. For editors we prefer native English speakers, or at least on par with a native speaker when it comes to grammar and punctuation with a good grasp on technical and medical terms in English, also having a very basic understanding of Japanese is a bonus (capable of watching and understanding anime without subs).
For TLC we aren't as strict. Mainly someone who can read and understand Japanese texts. We may do a few tests to gauge your level, but generally all Japanese speakers are encouraged to apply.

When you apply the following information is required:
1 Contact email, this is mandatory because to coordinate the translation efforts we need to be able to contact you. No dubious throwaway emails. RL emails and names encouraged to weed out possible Yen Press moles.
2 Qualifications, a self-assessment of your own skills and how you believe that you will be able to contribute. Please be objective.
3 Previous experience in translating, or working in a group. If you don't have any please say so.

If you have anything else to add feel free to include that in your application message.

Progress docs are also updated.

Question about these links. Will they stay the same when you update, or will there be new links for after you upload the update.

Offline $!D

• J-Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #9826 on: Yesterday at 08:00:10 PM »
Say, Doesn't it look like Tatsuya have emotions for Kuroba siblings as well?
AT first i thought since tatsuya had emotions for siblings it'll be alright if they were not just miyuki but cousins as well
But now that Maya told Tatsuya that Miyuki was specially modified to control tatsuya and only emotions for miyuki were left it doesn't make sense.
Any Thoughts?

Offline JZephK

• Peanuts.
  • J-Starter
  • Source Material > Adaptations
    • View Profile
« Reply #9825 on: Yesterday at 07:19:01 PM »
For it to unexist, it must have existed first.

Once you have existed, you can't 'unexist'. Tatsuya's power doesn't 'unexist' you (isn't even a word btw), it decomposes all your cells in your body into dust. It's killing, Not unexisting (again, not even a word).

Offline MknR Rec

• J-Recruit
  • Renommée: 21
  • B4 PM/email, u already chkd status in wbsite icon?
    • View Profile
    • Status
« Reply #9824 on: Yesterday at 05:41:14 PM »
Would just like to remind that www.jcafe24.net/index.php?topic=28047.msg965947#msg965947

Also I urge everyone who has previously sent me an application to do so again, so that we can speed up the process. And again please follow the instructions in my previous post.

Offline erbrah

• J-Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #9823 on: Yesterday at 05:35:55 PM »

But you would have technically still existed. All your records will still be on file whether or not you have been turned into ashes.
In your example, you would be known as missing, not ceased to exist. Ceasing to exist is when there is no record of you ever coming
into existence. Also, death is the point where your mind is no longer conscious and your bodily organs fail which would fit the definition of
being turned into ashes. Your mind is no longer conscious + your organs cannot make your body work since you're ashes.

For it to unexist, it must have existed first.

Offline Jiminy

• J-Starter
  • Renommée: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #9822 on: Yesterday at 05:25:39 PM »
Bit of a long shot, and I apologise if by doing this I annoy anyone but for possibly a month now I have scowered the net and the thread for MKNR V.15 eng to no avail... even if its the rough version without any of the 'TLC' needed I seriously cant wait any longer and am even willing to help with a little 'TLC' if need be as long as someone can link me to a current version... any version. (not a summary) :)

Seriously ???? next time just scroll down a little before you post something.  please!

read MknR Recs post once more and if you are lucky you might eventually find something that might be of interest to you.

These are our TL docs. We in the group decided to share them some time ago to give applicants a general idea of what they have to work with before applying, but due to difficulties on my end first with googledocs and then with my laptop and RL I never got as far as releasing.
Some of the translators in our group weren't completely satisfied with the other TL project, so we intend to continue on our project as we have in the past.
Also to my knowledge we are the only ones doing V15 and we wish to finish that one as well.
We are currently looking for editors and TLCs. For editors we prefer native English speakers, or at least on par with a native speaker when it comes to grammar and punctuation with a good grasp on technical and medical terms in English, also having a very basic understanding of Japanese is a bonus (capable of watching and understanding anime without subs).
For TLC we aren't as strict. Mainly someone who can read and understand Japanese texts. We may do a few tests to gauge your level, but generally all Japanese speakers are encouraged to apply.

1 Contact email, this is mandatory because to coordinate the translation efforts we need to be able to contact you. No dubious throwaway emails. RL emails and names encouraged to weed out possible Yen Press moles.
2 Qualifications, a self-assessment of your own skills and how you believe that you will be able to contribute. Please be objective.
3 Previous experience in translating, or working in a group. If you don't have any please say so.

If you have anything else to add feel free to include that in your application message.

Offline Glyndawr

• J-Starter
  • Renommée: -2
    • View Profile
« Reply #9821 on: Yesterday at 04:54:08 PM »
Bit of a long shot, and I apologise if by doing this I annoy anyone but for possibly a month now I have scowered the net and the thread for MKNR V.15 eng to no avail... even if its the rough version without any of the 'TLC' needed I seriously cant wait any longer and am even willing to help with a little 'TLC' if need be as long as someone can link me to a current version... any version. (not a summary) :)

Offline testeottilio

• J-Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #9820 on: Yesterday at 02:56:27 PM »

You managed to confuse me, like always thought someone hit by decomposition would die, the ceasing to exist for me has always been something like the body disappeared ... but that there is no evidence that the person died for me did not make sense, something serious the type if no one see anyone know? Does not change the fact that the guy died, his body disappeared and such, the same as having been incenerado.

From Portuguese to English via google translator.

Offline JZephK

• Peanuts.
  • J-Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #9819 on: Yesterday at 01:39:00 PM »
If you one day decide to go out for milk and everyone know you went out for milk.  Then you get decomposed to ash.  No one will ever know you "died".  Overtime you will cease to exist in their memories, as you already were cease to exist in the information dimension.  But you never would be acknowledged to be dead, as there is no proof. 

But you would have technically still existed. All your records will still be on file whether or not you have been turned into ashes.
In your example, you would be known as missing, not ceased to exist. Ceasing to exist is when there is no record of you ever coming
into existence. Also, death is the point where your mind is no longer conscious and your bodily organs fail which would fit the definition of
being turned into ashes. Your mind is no longer conscious + your organs cannot make your body work since you're ashes.

Offline puchina

• J-Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #9818 on: Yesterday at 12:17:43 PM »
Miyuki worst girl, i hope she dies at the end of novel :upyours:

please do not post your dislikes in this thread

Offline erbrah

• J-Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #9817 on: Yesterday at 12:16:39 PM »
However, that "unexistence" doesn't mean the person never existed. History isn't rewritten without that person, so that person died.

Offline Schina

• J-Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #9816 on: Yesterday at 11:49:06 AM »

How does this contribute to the thread in any way? Keep this kind of trash to yourself

Offline Vampirecat

• J-Regular
  • Renommée: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #9815 on: Yesterday at 07:17:54 AM »
I was speaking more towards, not being dead.  But Tatsuya makes you unexist.

However, that "unexistence" doesn't mean the person never existed. History isn't rewritten without that person, so that person died.

My hypes already building for Vol 17 though. Will Miyuki and Tatsuya's engagement and relation to the Yotsuba be made public in vol 17? I thought in the earlier volumes it was mentioned that would be kept secret until after graduation

The Magic Association, the Ten Master Clans, the 18 Assistant Clans, and the Hundred Families were already informed of Miyuki's engagement to Tatsuya, and of Maya's acknowledgment of Tatsuya as her son at the end of vol.16. I'd call that "made public."

Online jadesterne

• J-Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #9814 on: Yesterday at 05:31:32 AM »

What ... Are you kidding me? I hope you die rather than Miyuki.

Offline nicman07

• J-Starter
  • Renommée: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #9813 on: Yesterday at 05:09:22 AM »

Bit harsh...

The incest ending isn't my first preference but I don't think it's a bad route for the story to go

My hypes already building for Vol 17 though. Will Miyuki and Tatsuya's engagement and relation to the Yotsuba be made public in vol 17? I thought in the earlier volumes it was mentioned that would be kept secret until after graduation

Offline EikoTakeda

• J-Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #9812 on: July 02, 2015, 11:23:21 PM »

wow thank you so much for the hard work.   :shiny:  :yay: :banzai:

Offline MknR Rec

• J-Recruit
  • Renommée: 21
  • B4 PM/email, u already chkd status in wbsite icon?
    • View Profile
    • Status
« Reply #9811 on: July 02, 2015, 10:54:48 PM »

Offline Iramohs

• Iramohs
  • J-Member
  • Renommée: 3
  • Yo bro.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9810 on: July 02, 2015, 07:29:48 PM »
Hey I've gone through a few pages of this thread trying to see how someone can volunteer to edit but cannot find anything. Could someone point me in the right direction?

There's a closed facebook group where they're doing it. I don't think they're looking for help though.

Offline erbrah

• J-Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #9809 on: July 02, 2015, 07:18:46 PM »
yes it would be dead as in Mahouka when a person's bloodflow is stopped for enough time that person cannot be revived by Tatsuya, so doing something worse, by disintegrating the body, that is insta-kill
I was speaking more towards, not being dead.  But Tatsuya makes you unexist.

Online Onichan

• J-Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #9808 on: July 02, 2015, 06:43:14 PM »
For people that can't wait for volume 15, somebody posted a summary pdf a month ago or so that I saved
It seems like a decent summary, but waiting would be better.

Offline CptLasky

• J-Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #9807 on: July 02, 2015, 05:38:53 PM »
Hey I've gone through a few pages of this thread trying to see how someone can volunteer to edit but cannot find anything. Could someone point me in the right direction?

Offline TatsuyaGod

• J-Starter
  • Renommée: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #9806 on: July 02, 2015, 03:01:42 PM »
I see that the translation of Volume 16 has started but what about Volume 15? I want to read it but didn't find it anywhere.
It is still being TLCed and edited by the group. We are working on it.

Online IcePhantom

• J-Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #9805 on: July 02, 2015, 02:43:21 PM »
I see that the translation of Volume 16 has started but what about Volume 15? I want to read it but didn't find it anywhere.

Offline Silver001

• J-Regular
  • Renommée: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #9804 on: July 01, 2015, 10:44:07 PM »
Actually, regrowth causes Tatsuya immense pain...ryt?

Yes. He'd not use this so easily for this kind of trouble.

Offline achusanjay

• J-Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #9803 on: July 01, 2015, 10:13:38 PM »
Actually, regrowth causes Tatsuya immense pain...ryt?

Offline maserxx2009

• known
  • J-Recruit
  • Renommée: -1
  • talk less
    • View Profile
« Reply #9802 on: July 01, 2015, 07:24:19 PM »
Since Tatsuya is acting on what is most beneficial to the goal of attending the meeting on time and no damage to any potential successor candidates; he acted merciful.. It would be more of a "hassle" if death was a result of an inter-family fight amongst guardians....almost like swatting away bothersome insects....

well just decompose katsuhige's guardian arm and give warning to katsuhige to let them pass,, and use regrowth if katsuhige agree to let them pass :D

Offline eluzivo

• J-Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #9801 on: July 01, 2015, 06:13:46 PM »
yes it would be dead as in Mahouka when a person's bloodflow is stopped for enough time that person cannot be revived by Tatsuya, so doing something worse, by disintegrating the body, that is insta-kill

Offline erbrah

• J-Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #9800 on: July 01, 2015, 03:44:26 PM »
Since Tatsuya is acting on what is most beneficial to the goal of attending the meeting on time and no damage to any potential successor candidates; he acted merciful.. It would be more of a "hassle" if death was a result of an inter-family fight amongst guardians....almost like swatting away bothersome insects....

Is it really death?  Mist dispersal is basically making them cease to exist.  You wouldn't even know they died, they'd just be scattered in the wind.

Offline phat008

• J-Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #9799 on: July 01, 2015, 12:13:34 PM »

thank you :D if tatsuya uses his mist dispersal, both of katsuhige's guardian already dead ,,a lot faster ending for both of them :D

Offline sarain

• J-Recruit
  • Konnichiwa Mina!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9798 on: July 01, 2015, 11:27:48 AM »
Volume 16 translation update

Now translated up to the beginning of chapter six with two new pictures.
[spoiler]
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1R5xM1KoU6c7iWuH6T1Cp-A8bBV04EgHStkz98XvOfmw/edit

thanks

Offline JZephK

• Peanuts.
  • J-Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #9797 on: July 01, 2015, 10:37:53 AM »

[spoiler]
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1R5xM1KoU6c7iWuH6T1Cp-A8bBV04EgHStkz98XvOfmw/edit

Thanks for all the hard work! Can't wait till it's fully translated!

Offline diptanu1

• J-Starter
  • Anime--->Manga--->Light Novel--->Anime
    • View Profile
« Reply #9796 on: July 01, 2015, 06:00:33 AM »

[spoiler]

Thank you for Hard work

Online MalaIT

• J-Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #9795 on: July 01, 2015, 03:50:20 AM »
 :wahaha:

[spoiler]

Ty!!  :wahaha:

Offline TheLaG

• J-Recruit
  • Renommée: 1
    • View Profile
    • trololo
« Reply #9794 on: July 01, 2015, 02:27:14 AM »

[spoiler]

Thanks!

Offline sphinxs00

• J-Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #9793 on: July 01, 2015, 01:50:07 AM »
No mercy to those who defy Tatsuya!

Turn them into dust and instill terror to those who are thinking to defy him.

Offline MahoukaReleaser

• J-Starter
  • Renommée: 20
    • View Profile
    • Volume 16 Translation
« Reply #9792 on: July 01, 2015, 01:42:33 AM »

thank you :D if tatsuya uses his mist dispersal, both of katsuhige's guardian already dead ,,a lot faster ending for both of them :D

To be honest, that was what I imagined happening. No mercy to those who defy Tatsuya!

Offline maserxx2009

• known
  • J-Recruit
  • Renommée: -1
  • talk less
    • View Profile
« Reply #9791 on: July 01, 2015, 01:28:07 AM »

[spoiler]

Offline MahoukaReleaser

• J-Starter
  • Renommée: 20
    • View Profile
    • Volume 16 Translation
« Reply #9790 on: July 01, 2015, 01:10:18 AM »

[spoiler]

Offline Eins

• J-Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #9789 on: June 30, 2015, 10:46:55 PM »
after the announcement of miyuki as the head of yotsuba will she be called yotsuba miyuki now? will the same goes for tatsuya because maya tells the world he's her son? just curious  :huh:

I think it's Yotsuba Tatsuya and miyuki still using Shiba's name since miyuki only announce as the next head of yotsuba while tatsuya's announce as maya son. She's probably/surely change her family name to yotsuba when she really become family head though (no matter what even if miyuki marry tatsuya or anyone else)

Offline sphinxs00

• J-Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #9788 on: June 30, 2015, 08:45:00 PM »
after the announcement of miyuki as the head of yotsuba will she be called yotsuba miyuki now? will the same goes for tatsuya because maya tells the world he's her son? just curious  :huh:

Offline OnyxObsidian

• J-Hero
  • Renommée: 41
    • View Profile
« Reply #9787 on: June 30, 2015, 03:50:01 AM »
Is there any link Volume 15 that i can bookmark?

not yet

Offline jafzz

• J-Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #9786 on: June 30, 2015, 01:37:04 AM »
Is there any link Volume 15 that i can bookmark?

Offline Hellequin

• J-Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #9785 on: June 29, 2015, 10:54:31 PM »
 :hi: I'm a native english speaker(American), so i can also help with editing if it's still required!!!  :wahaha: