Funds $79 | Needed $120
Like the community? Enjoy reading manga?
Then click on the small donation banner! Thx!

70%

Author Topic: Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei vol.01-15+  (Read 896872 times)

goblehook, Elberet, rocksnlemons, kouya rokuro and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline Iramohs

• Iramohs
  • J-Starter
  • Renommée: 0
  • Yo bro.
    • View Profile
Re: Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei vol.01-15+
« Reply #8962 on: Yesterday at 04:20:25 PM »
Explanation for Zhou's magic and the conclusion of their fight in vol 15. All credit goes to anon at /a/:
Sorry, please read the forum rules to see why you can't view spoilers and why you can't post in this forum section. Thank you!

Offline Vampirecat

• J-Regular
  • Renommée: 28
    • View Profile
« Reply #8961 on: Yesterday at 04:59:27 AM »
Translator’s note
Hayama is using “dono” (殿) towards Tatsuya. He is also using あのか, (Anokata) when he talks about Tatsuya. The translator felt, Hayama is technically putting Tatsuya above Mitsugu in the conversation, so the translator also felt, the author is setting up the situation for Mitsugu to have additional reason to get angry towards Tatsuya because Mitsugu may think Hayama is underestimating Mitsugu over Tatsuya.

While "dono" used to mean "lord" in feudal times, nowadays it's used to indicate that the person referred to is of the same high rank as the speaker but has the speaker's respect. It is more respectful than "san" but less respectful than "sama."

Quote from: Useful Notes: Japanese Honorifics on the TV Tropes website
-dono
Originally "lord," in the feudal sense, once denoting a higher level of respect than -sama. However, while -dono denotes high status on the part of the person being addressed, it does not imply lower status on the part of the speaker, unlike -sama. It thus serves as a face-saving way for high-ranking Jidai Geki characters to address others of high rank. Today, it's considered slightly less respectful than -sama due to the lack of self-humbling. However, it's rather archaic to use at all these days; in anime it's sometimes used as an anachronism to indicate the speaker's age

In addition, Hayama has always used "dono" for Tatsuya even in conversations with Maya. This would mean Hayama sees Tatsuya as having the same rank as himself. And since Hayama addresses Mitsugu as "sama," it's implied that his (and therefore Tatsuya's) rank is lower than Mitsugu's.

Offline Silver001

• J-Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #8960 on: January 28, 2015, 10:51:20 PM »
The way story is going I think tatsuya might be Maya child instead of nephew

But summary says she and Hayama call him her nephew.

Offline sirius00

• J-Member
  • Renommée: 1
  • Show no mercy
    • View Profile
« Reply #8959 on: January 28, 2015, 10:13:04 AM »
The way story is going I think tatsuya might be Maya child instead of nephew

Offline OnyxObsidian

• J-Hero
  • Renommée: 27
    • View Profile
« Reply #8958 on: January 26, 2015, 01:35:18 AM »
More from TrueAlchemist
Mahouka Vol. 15: Chapter 2
Sorry, please read the forum rules to see why you can't view spoilers and why you can't post in this forum section. Thank you!

Chapter 3 also from TrueAlchemist:

Offline carrotglace

• J-Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #8957 on: January 26, 2015, 12:25:34 AM »
The next part has been translated,  it's not much(6 pages), but enough to whet the appetite.

Offline vinuvk88

• J-Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #8956 on: January 25, 2015, 08:12:17 PM »
I wish i could have read this when I was in school I would have been a lot more interested in learning science...

Offline vinuvk88

• J-Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #8955 on: January 25, 2015, 07:55:10 PM »
I really want to read the translated book however i dont want to know the spoilers.. I know hes developing new magic.. i know hes going to do more awesome things.. but the wait is just killing me.. :stabby: Wish i knew Japanese and korean and Chinese.. I'm stuck on a lot of good light novels halfway through translation... That really sucks!!  :cant-reach:

Offline OnyxObsidian

• J-Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #8954 on: January 23, 2015, 07:03:57 AM »
Spoiler vol 15 Chapter 1 part 1 from TrueAlchemist

Offline Iramohs

• Iramohs
  • J-Starter
  • Yo bro.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8953 on: January 22, 2015, 06:07:47 PM »
Looks to me the translators too busy right now and i have heard other translators dont wanna touch this because of too much explanation and stuff.

I know that chapters 4 and 5 are done. Chapter 1 appears stalled and chapter 2 is being worked on.

Offline OnyxObsidian

• J-Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #8952 on: January 22, 2015, 05:00:18 PM »
More spoilers from tigerdave and somerand:

Offline EliteLaG

• J-Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #8951 on: January 20, 2015, 01:55:56 PM »
Looks to me the translators too busy right now and i have heard other translators dont wanna touch this because of too much explanation and stuff.

Not really, main problem with Mahouka - terminology. Like all well thought trough novels, author gives a lot of insight to universe, and that means a lot of laws that are working there, explanations in novel specific language, so, it's hard to translate such things from Japanese to English, main problem, is limited vocabulary for such specifics, or should I say, you need technical vocabulary in quantum physics and atom physics =)

Offline kaizersoze

• J-Member
  • ningen shikkaku
    • View Profile
« Reply #8950 on: January 20, 2015, 02:36:07 AM »
There hasn't been much progress on volume 14 recently so I estimate another couple months at least :( Volume 15 will probably take even longer.

Offline tonyorobsky

• Expert of the 9 ancestral arts
  • J-Addict
  • Renommée: 41
    • View Profile
« Reply #8949 on: January 19, 2015, 10:49:22 PM »
Thanks a lot for the juicy spoilers!!

Waiting for the translations will be torture!!!

Offline Ronbo

• J-Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #8948 on: January 19, 2015, 12:18:10 PM »
Please anyone tell when the 14 volume Is going to be translate to english and 15 volume.thanks

There hasn't been much progress on volume 14 recently so I estimate another couple months at least :( Volume 15 will probably take even longer.

Offline mephistoteles

• J-Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #8947 on: January 19, 2015, 11:58:52 AM »
Please anyone tell when the 14 volume Is going to be translate to english and 15 volume.thanks

Offline betohev

• J-Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #8946 on: January 18, 2015, 12:09:26 PM »
Spoiler from anon and TrueAlchemist:
The second spoiler seems a bit dubious but if it's not I'm posting it here anyway

From somerand

Offline EliteLaG

• J-Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #8945 on: January 18, 2015, 08:18:19 AM »
omg, thanks for spoilers )))
looks like volume 16 and 17 will be awesome!!

p/s does somebody also thinks that Tatsuya may become head of Yotsuba? Considering his new magic, he will be #1 in power now =)
well yes, he is still not really loyal, but he have the capability to rule clan =)

Offline maserxx2009

• known
  • J-Starter
  • talk less
    • View Profile
« Reply #8944 on: January 18, 2015, 06:46:43 AM »
hmm this is my thought ,, can miyuki limit/seal minoru's psion like she did with tatsuya ? so the psion not gone rampage

sorry if my english is bad

Offline kaizersoze

• J-Member
  • ningen shikkaku
    • View Profile
« Reply #8943 on: January 18, 2015, 03:40:47 AM »
First of all, there's more to using magic than just solving it. Every Ten Master Clan family's progenitors were genetically modified and/or bred for aptitude in a particular area of magic. It would take more than a high school thesis to crack genetics, much less surpass a family that embodies it.

I dont know.. i think minoru will solve that is related to tats on releasing the mental magic and tats solving minoru's problem (incest body?). Both are going to solve it. After all from these past 13 translated volumes we have found tats to be genius and minoru is being introduced as a genius.

Offline ulrique

• J-Member
  • Renommée: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #8942 on: January 18, 2015, 01:34:39 AM »
The second spoiler seems a bit dubious but if it's not I'm posting it here anyway

Offline blackwhite67

• J-Addict
  • Renommée: 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #8941 on: January 17, 2015, 09:43:13 PM »
Oh is that so. Here i thought if someone's magic is solved and that clan can use that magic better , their numbers are stripped? i dont know why i seem to think this perhaps there might something in the novel or i have been influenced by someone's post regarding this.

I srsly dont want to discard Minoru and his research topic. If he is able to solve that elusive question and tats solving minoru's incest related problems, we sure are gonna see something?

First of all, there's more to using magic than just solving it. Every Ten Master Clan family's progenitors were genetically modified and/or bred for aptitude in a particular area of magic. It would take more than a high school thesis to crack genetics, much less surpass a family that embodies it.

Offline Gohanish

• J-Addict
  • Renommée: 3
  • I may not be the best but i am not the worst eithe
    • View Profile
« Reply #8940 on: January 17, 2015, 09:06:35 PM »

well that was obvious . but what is yotsuba quality control. a better reason would be that he erased everything around him the moment he was born except the person he recognized . well as a child you would cry when you are hurt but tatsuya's power might go berserk because of pain . well that aleast clears some people's doubt about him being mortal

Offline EikoTakeda

• J-Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #8939 on: January 17, 2015, 07:23:03 PM »

seriously? ok wow ... well it could be a possibility why Tatsuya is called Yotsuba's sin

Offline OnyxObsidian

• J-Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #8938 on: January 17, 2015, 06:39:43 PM »

Offline kaizersoze

• J-Member
  • ningen shikkaku
    • View Profile
« Reply #8937 on: January 15, 2015, 12:31:56 PM »
Mental Interference is a wide branch. The Yotsuba aren't the only ones researching it and on top of that, the Yotsuba are specifically looking for the answer to the question "What is the mind?" Also, they wouldn't be made Extras just because someone else also researched the MI field. The only reason one becomes an Extra is because of "failure to perform an important duty, incompetence and treason".

Oh is that so. Here i thought if someone's magic is solved and that clan can use that magic better , their numbers are stripped? i dont know why i seem to think this perhaps there might something in the novel or i have been influenced by someone's post regarding this.

I srsly dont want to discard Minoru and his research topic. If he is able to solve that elusive question and tats solving minoru's incest related problems, we sure are gonna see something?

Offline jjson334

• J-Starter
  • Renommée: -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #8936 on: January 15, 2015, 12:20:10 PM »
Anyone knows where can I find already-proofed volumes 14 and 15 raw japanese text rtf or MS Word format?  Proofing japanese using ABBYY with the raw image chapters is a bit tedious and I think for sure those chapters should be in text format out there...

Thanks a lot.

there are links to them in the 1st 5 pages somewhere i Dowloaded them but can't remember :) spent last couple hours catching up on this thread read about 10 pages and saw them in the last 5

Offline l_rz

• J-Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #8935 on: January 15, 2015, 11:51:45 AM »
Anyone knows where can I find already-proofed volumes 14 and 15 raw japanese text rtf or MS Word format?  Proofing japanese using ABBYY with the raw image chapters is a bit tedious and I think for sure those chapters should be in text format out there...

Thanks a lot.

Offline OnyxObsidian

• J-Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #8934 on: January 13, 2015, 11:59:56 PM »
Mental Interference is a wide branch. The Yotsuba aren't the only ones researching it and on top of that, the Yotsuba are specifically looking for the answer to the question "What is the mind?" Also, they wouldn't be made Extras just because someone else also researched the MI field. The only reason one becomes an Extra is because of "failure to perform an important duty, incompetence and treason".

Offline kaizersoze

• J-Member
  • ningen shikkaku
    • View Profile
« Reply #8933 on: January 13, 2015, 10:48:00 PM »
Among all the chatter, Ppl seem to have forgotten one important thing-> Minoru's subject in thesis competition. -> mental interference Magic. As mentioned in spoilers and before, Minoru is a genius and if he solves mental interference magic which yotsuba are still researching for nearly 90+yrs and he's able to solve it, wonder yotsuba's number will be stripped?

Offline zilch100

• J-Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #8932 on: January 13, 2015, 02:14:53 PM »
I like the idea that

Either that or she has plans for Tatsuya...

Offline zilch100

• J-Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #8931 on: January 13, 2015, 02:07:26 PM »

Offline cyndor

• J-Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #8930 on: January 13, 2015, 12:55:12 PM »

Even if Maya's reveal in the spoiler is true...

[spoiler]
I thought Minoru's condition was because he was genetically altered?

Also, is it just me or does it feel like Masaki being there seemed kinda forced? I forget but is his family situated in Kyoto?

Offline zilch100

• J-Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #8929 on: January 13, 2015, 12:04:26 PM »

wonder if maya will try to make the two of them marry after saying that.
i see no other way for her to bind tatsuya to the Family

or it could be something else, idk.
this spoiler is eating me up from the inside

Even if Maya's reveal in the spoiler is true...

Offline CrFl

• J-Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #8928 on: January 12, 2015, 10:46:32 PM »
I like the idea that

Offline EikoTakeda

• J-Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #8927 on: January 12, 2015, 06:17:38 PM »
Early summary from an anon found by millie10468:

Anon's summary of the afterword:
BTW the branch family is "Shiiba" not "Shiba" and apparently have different characters.

Thanks for the spoilers

Offline OnyxObsidian

• J-Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #8926 on: January 12, 2015, 05:37:17 PM »
Early summary from an anon found by millie10468:

Anon's summary of the afterword:
BTW the branch family is "Shiiba" not "Shiba" and apparently have different characters.

Offline Lukmanul

• J-Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #8925 on: January 12, 2015, 12:18:15 PM »
can't imagine tatsuya marry mayumi and miyuki marry misaki

Offline cooltox

• J-Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #8924 on: January 12, 2015, 09:08:48 AM »
From the pic, the release will be in summer. So let's prey for early June release.

Offline OnyxObsidian

• J-Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #8923 on: January 12, 2015, 02:26:40 AM »
Sorry. I don't know when vol 16 is released.

Offline Gohanish

• J-Addict
  • Renommée: 3
  • I may not be the best but i am not the worst eithe
    • View Profile
« Reply #8922 on: January 11, 2015, 11:52:49 PM »
woah you mean he even escaped tatsuya's eyes . hmm it is starting to sound dangerous . by the way what is the release date for vol 16

Offline OnyxObsidian

• J-Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #8921 on: January 11, 2015, 10:51:51 PM »
spoiler from anon:
Spoiler from another anon about Mayumi
More from an anon
More about the reveal to Masaki

From Darkbacon about Zhou

From millie10468:
From anon and amtro about Minoru:

From TrueAlchemist for Zhou and Masaki:
From somerand about Zhou

Offline Violaceous

• J-Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #8920 on: January 11, 2015, 08:29:12 PM »
Summary for Vol 16 from yellowsnake:

wonder if maya will try to make the two of them marry after saying that.
i see no other way for her to bind tatsuya to the Family

or it could be something else, idk.
this spoiler is eating me up from the inside

Offline OnyxObsidian

• J-Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #8919 on: January 11, 2015, 06:35:31 PM »
Summary for Vol 16 from yellowsnake:

Offline kaizersoze

• J-Member
  • ningen shikkaku
    • View Profile
« Reply #8918 on: January 11, 2015, 09:15:42 AM »
Now it's time to wait patiently for some amazing spoilers  :elephantdancef:

@Amario
Thnku

Online Amario

• J-Legend
  • Renommée: 2936
    • View Profile
Re: Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei vol.01-14+
« Reply #8917 on: January 11, 2015, 08:07:05 AM »
Enjoy. :hero:
Make sure to press thank you!

Volume 15 < added below.

Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei  v15

Offline Mattdamon

• J-Regular
  • Renommée: 23
    • View Profile
« Reply #8916 on: January 11, 2015, 08:01:14 AM »
The illustrations of vol 15 is out

Guys the pic of vol 15 is out

Offline OnyxObsidian

• J-Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #8915 on: January 11, 2015, 06:42:30 AM »
no illustrations yet.

Offline Silver001

• J-Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #8914 on: January 11, 2015, 06:15:59 AM »
No illustrations yet?

Offline OnyxObsidian

• J-Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #8913 on: January 11, 2015, 06:07:33 AM »
Spoilers from yellowsnake:
A review is already out on amazon
Loose summary off google translate: