Funds $56 | Needed $120
Like the community? Enjoy reading manga?
Then click on the small donation banner! Thx!

52%

Author Topic: Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei vol.01-17+  (Read 1329176 times)

ailbak, Crazy Frog, matt16285176, sovis, urdin2120, eldar, expertsource, abdiland01, potatopicasso and 20 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline ther3x

• J-Starter
  • Renommée: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei vol.01-17+
« Reply #10687 on: Yesterday at 08:18:16 PM »
A question: Honami and Minami were developed by Yotsuba, right? Are they related to Yotsuba in some level?

probably not
Sorry, please read the forum rules to see why you can't view spoilers and why you can't post in this forum section. Thank you!

Offline Gekari

• J-Recruit
  • My current Japanese level: slug.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10686 on: Yesterday at 09:54:08 AM »
Sorry, please read the forum rules to see why you can't view spoilers and why you can't post in this forum section. Thank you!

I think Minami will still have that kind of reaction around them. (Ok,ok... I know that kind of affections do make us really uncomfortable, but I always got the feeling that she had trouble for them being siblings, not because of the caress itself).

Despite what Minami said to her classmates, I doubt she is believing in everything.

A question: Honami and Minami were developed by Yotsuba, right? Are they related to Yotsuba in some level?

Offline horonxi

• J-Starter
  • Renommée: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #10685 on: August 28, 2015, 10:02:31 PM »
Guys havn't been here for ages so any news about vol 15 , 16 (Not even gonna talk 'bout 17 cuz its toooo soon)
Right now they are doing translation check and editing on both vol. Since they are also busy with RL the progress is slow. So we just have wait patiently~~~

Offline SamKawaiiSenpai

• J-Starter
  • Renommée: 2
  • Life is Just SO Weird!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10684 on: August 28, 2015, 09:38:34 PM »
Guys havn't been here for ages so any news about vol 15 , 16 (Not even gonna talk 'bout 17 cuz its toooo soon)

Offline adridez

• J-Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #10683 on: August 28, 2015, 07:57:13 PM »
Thank Tatsuya (horrible joke I know) I have caught up, just finished volume 14. :karoke: seriously though, I like the series but it isn't an easy read. So now I patiently wait. Also Minami clearly is mortified by Tatsuya and Miyukis affection towards one another it's funny. But thats one way to end volume 14 Tatsuya and Mayumi just seen walking together and end. Also I'm curious and if I may ask. Why were the afterwards omitted except for volume 13? besides 14 all the previous volume had the same format and looked nice so I found it strange that they weren't in there. Did they simply not translate them or do the PDFS I have simply not have them :huh:

Offline UnsweetenedNotBitter

• J-Starter
  • Renommée: -2
    • View Profile
« Reply #10682 on: August 27, 2015, 12:40:51 PM »
MknR Rec's scanlation group are doing volumes 15, 16, and 17.  If you even took the time to read so much as 3 pages back you will see as to why they don't want people sharing 15 with random people.  Besides its not even done yet, don't know why anyone would want something that's incomplete.  Just read further into the thread and you'll discover wonders!    :4da5b0e8:

On another note, does MknR Rec's scanlation group take donations?  I know they probably don't want to have to stress their schedules more if they have financial incentive; however, I'd love to give them ramen/energy drink money for the late nights.  Plus I'd rather give my money to people who are actually providing a product people want!  Companies wonder why most people rally around fan translations...  maybe its because they don't take 5 years!    :cant-reach:

I tried, you know! I really did!! But then some posts just hurt my eyes just from "seeing" them. Being either too long or a mega spoiler. Haha!  :wahaha: Kidding. I know now. I tried reading few pages back but then that was after my post. I understand the scanlators' feelings. Many people lack consideration and sensitivity that's why such things happen. The least we could do for the scanlators is to wait patiently if you have no intention of helping. Translating alone is hard and takes much time, in addition, there's proofreading and a bunch of other stuff too. (I AM CLUELESS with what scan. groups does besides these two I've named. XD)

I TRIED translating a volume of another novel for my self and I was like, :stabby: "Why is this so much work!! mendokusai!!" And since I don't know how to read kanji, hello Google! It's also troublesome due to the length of LNs. Not to mention, Mahouka has complicated terminology so it must be difficult to get the right words together.  Hence, I'm really greatful to scanlators for wasting a portion of their lives just to translate for us for free. :banzai:

Offline coolyojosh

• J-Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #10681 on: August 27, 2015, 05:30:24 AM »
I'm really avoiding reading much from this thread. Hahaha! :whoosh:

The tempt and impatience you feel while waiting for the next volume to appear somewhere now that it's been licensed and abandoned in bakat-suki. Ugh :stabby: you can only run to summaries and spoilers... but then after that, you'd find yourself regretting. T___T

Currently searching for volume 15... Anyone? Please? I'm begging you...? (Question? Haha!)

MknR Rec's scanlation group are doing volumes 15, 16, and 17.  If you even took the time to read so much as 3 pages back you will see as to why they don't want people sharing 15 with random people.  Besides its not even done yet, don't know why anyone would want something that's incomplete.  Just read further into the thread and you'll discover wonders!    :4da5b0e8:

On another note, does MknR Rec's scanlation group take donations?  I know they probably don't want to have to stress their schedules more if they have financial incentive; however, I'd love to give them ramen/energy drink money for the late nights.  Plus I'd rather give my money to people who are actually providing a product people want!  Companies wonder why most people rally around fan translations...  maybe its because they don't take 5 years!    :cant-reach:

Offline Silver001

• J-Regular
  • Renommée: 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #10680 on: August 27, 2015, 05:28:40 AM »
correct me if i'm wrong, silver torus is a thought cad but with antenna(idk it called) attach in his wrist(the antenna, again idk what it called).  maybe he make it just to test the cad performance and to know if the performance(maybe efficiency) maybe higher than silver horn

Silver Trace(with the sign Torus) is a thought-controlled bracelet shaped CAD allowing Tatsuya to fight better at close range because his hands are free, it is not better than Silver Horn.

Offline maserxx2009

• known
  • J-Recruit
  • talk less
    • View Profile
« Reply #10679 on: August 27, 2015, 05:00:09 AM »
ya. i thought it to be sth related to his new magic..... perhaps not.

correct me if i'm wrong, silver torus is a thought cad but with antenna(idk it called) attach in his wrist(the antenna, again idk what it called).  maybe he make it just to test the cad performance and to know if the performance(maybe efficiency) maybe higher than silver horn

Offline Silver001

• J-Regular
    • View Profile

Offline Acass

• J-Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #10677 on: August 27, 2015, 02:51:45 AM »
Quote from: blackwhite67 on Yesterday at 06:46:18 PM
A-are you sure? Yen Press's site still says October.

Black Bullet dates are consistent in both YenPress site and Amazon.

Edit: Well forget... I will send an email and confirm it.
Kisu. <3

On amazon uk it still says october as well.

Offline ther3x

• J-Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #10676 on: August 27, 2015, 01:17:14 AM »
well if you mean silver  torus the cad that he use in insurrection city arc then maybe he want to test his new cad and i believe it change his style when fighting

ya. i thought it to be sth related to his new magic..... perhaps not.

Offline Gekari

• J-Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #10675 on: August 26, 2015, 07:35:16 PM »

Black Bullet dates are consistent in both YenPress site and Amazon.

Edit: Well forget... I will send an email and confirm it.
Kisu. <3

Offline blackwhite67

• J-Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #10674 on: August 26, 2015, 06:46:18 PM »
Guys... I was on Amazon trying to pre-order Mahouka from Yen Press because I thought really strange that no one said a word about delivery date or something like, and my surprise.... IT WAS DELAYED!!!!

APRIL 19, 2016!

(http://www.amazon.com/Irregular-Magic-High-School-Vol/dp/0316348805)

Oh Yen Press, I really love you. ( :stabby: :stabby: :stabby:)

Strange... Volume 2 is scheduled for the same day... :huh:

(http://www.amazon.com/Irregular-Magic-High-School-Vol/dp/0316390291)

Maybe... I don't hate you Yen Press... ( :evil-thought:)

Offline UnsweetenedNotBitter

• J-Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #10673 on: August 26, 2015, 01:44:22 PM »
I'm really avoiding reading much from this thread. Hahaha! :whoosh:

The tempt and impatience you feel while waiting for the next volume to appear somewhere now that it's been licensed and abandoned in bakat-suki. Ugh :stabby: you can only run to summaries and spoilers... but then after that, you'd find yourself regretting. T___T

Currently searching for volume 15... Anyone? Please? I'm begging you...? (Question? Haha!)

Offline Lucidbro

• J-Member
  • Renommée: -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #10672 on: August 26, 2015, 07:04:48 AM »
Phew, I was nervous a couple days ago I couldn't load this site. First off, thanks to all those who recommended I should read from the beginning. It was a pain in the arse I'm not going to lie, but seeing the small details that were omitted or simply couldn't be placed in the anime adaptation was great. It's always the small things you know?
Anyway currently just finished volume 11. So 3 more until I'm caught up yay! Man reading this story is interesting. Especially with my feelings towards Miyuki X Tatsuya. I didn't mind at all, in fact I definitely wanted them to be together. However, while reading the back story so volume 8 I think? where it alternates between the 2 years really rubbed me the wrong way. Miyuki through my eyes anyway was a brat who definitely showed no appreciation towards Tatsuya. Then again that was for obvious reasons, still it rubbed me the wrong way to the point where I no longer shipped them. I still ship them, but Mayumi X Tatsuya is also something I would like to see happen. In order for that to happen though, some pretty drastic events might need to happen in order for that to possibly happen. But more than anything poor Honoka. her feelings for Tatsuya will never be returned. Now I have some questions hopefully that can be answered.
First off were there revisions to the uniform? in volume 12 I noticed Tatuyas uniform had the petal although its design differed from that of Miyukis. I never noticed until just now. in the previous light novel illustrations that wasn't present. I did spoil myself a little bit on the wiki and I am aware that Mikihio was transferred to course one student. Or does Tatsuya simply have this unform now since he will serve a term as the vice president for the 12 volume? Man I'm glad I am almost caught up and will now have a decent idea about whats being talked about. lol :elephantdancef:
This will be a spoiler from volume 16, so don't read it if you haven't already spoiled yourself. It's why Miyuki acts that way in volume 8.

Offline $!D

• J-Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #10671 on: August 26, 2015, 07:02:51 AM »

Silver Tourus is the name of genius engineer that is Tatsuya and Ushiyama. U mean pistol CAD type that Tatsuya hold, Silver Horn?

Silver torus is something new, a new type of CAD that he used in volume 15, it's different from silver Taurus which is another name for Tatsuya and that guy at r&d dept, and also different from silver horn and trident

Offline maserxx2009

• known
  • J-Recruit
  • talk less
    • View Profile
« Reply #10670 on: August 26, 2015, 05:18:29 AM »
who knows she may be using it daily. shes a student council member so she has no CAD restriction. so she could be going around with that necklace around her neck. the author doesnt give much info on such things in the LN.
i got a question

well if you mean silver  torus the cad that he use in insurrection city arc then maybe he want to test his new cad and i believe it change his style when fighting but if you mean silver taurus/taurus silver then the reason if i'm not wrong because tatsuya age not old enough to invent something with his name

Online Crazy Frog

• J-Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #10669 on: August 26, 2015, 04:53:54 AM »
who knows she may be using it daily. shes a student council member so she has no CAD restriction. so she could be going around with that necklace around her neck. the author doesnt give much info on such things in the LN.
i got a question

Silver Tourus is the name of genius engineer that is Tatsuya and Ushiyama. U mean pistol CAD type that Tatsuya hold, Silver Horn?

Offline ther3x

• J-Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #10668 on: August 26, 2015, 02:43:11 AM »
Will we ever get the chance to see her actually utilize it? Things are moving a relatively fast pace surrounding their family it seems, that it doesn't seem like she'll be using it anytime soon.

i got a question

Offline ther3x

• J-Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #10667 on: August 26, 2015, 02:33:13 AM »
First off were there revisions to the uniform? in volume 12 I noticed Tatuyas uniform had the petal although its design differed from that of Miyukis. I never noticed until just now. in the previous light novel illustrations that wasn't present. I did spoil myself a little bit on the wiki and I am aware that Mikihio was transferred to course one student. Or does Tatsuya simply have this unform now since he will serve a term as the vice president for the 12 volume?

like Onyx said its the symbol for the new magic engineering course.. the usual eightpetal of 1st high surrounded by a cog

Offline OnyxObsidian

• J-Hero
  • Renommée: 55
    • View Profile
« Reply #10666 on: August 26, 2015, 12:15:36 AM »
Tatsuya got the emblem of the magic engineering course/ magitech. It's a petal surrounded by a cog.

Offline adridez

• J-Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #10665 on: August 25, 2015, 11:05:40 PM »
Phew, I was nervous a couple days ago I couldn't load this site. First off, thanks to all those who recommended I should read from the beginning. It was a pain in the arse I'm not going to lie, but seeing the small details that were omitted or simply couldn't be placed in the anime adaptation was great. It's always the small things you know?
Anyway currently just finished volume 11. So 3 more until I'm caught up yay! Man reading this story is interesting. Especially with my feelings towards Miyuki X Tatsuya. I didn't mind at all, in fact I definitely wanted them to be together. However, while reading the back story so volume 8 I think? where it alternates between the 2 years really rubbed me the wrong way. Miyuki through my eyes anyway was a brat who definitely showed no appreciation towards Tatsuya. Then again that was for obvious reasons, still it rubbed me the wrong way to the point where I no longer shipped them. I still ship them, but Mayumi X Tatsuya is also something I would like to see happen. In order for that to happen though, some pretty drastic events might need to happen in order for that to possibly happen. But more than anything poor Honoka. her feelings for Tatsuya will never be returned. Now I have some questions hopefully that can be answered.
First off were there revisions to the uniform? in volume 12 I noticed Tatuyas uniform had the petal although its design differed from that of Miyukis. I never noticed until just now. in the previous light novel illustrations that wasn't present. I did spoil myself a little bit on the wiki and I am aware that Mikihio was transferred to course one student. Or does Tatsuya simply have this unform now since he will serve a term as the vice president for the 12 volume? Man I'm glad I am almost caught up and will now have a decent idea about whats being talked about. lol :elephantdancef:

Offline azurehyaline

• J-Member
  • Renommée: 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #10664 on: August 25, 2015, 08:12:12 PM »
You know, onesoul. You're right.

I was going to answer every of his points and I had the post prepared, but to be honest, someone has to stop this at some point.

Well, back to lurking the thread, at least until the translated volumes come up.

Online Crazy Frog

• J-Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #10663 on: August 25, 2015, 03:49:58 PM »
Did the Kuroba twins have any appearance or were mentioned in volume 17?
I read some spoilers but can't really confirm.

No, they probably will show in vol18.

Offline deanimation

• J-Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #10662 on: August 25, 2015, 10:48:18 AM »
Did the Kuroba twins have any appearance or were mentioned in volume 17?
I read some spoilers but can't really confirm.

Offline Onesoulhappy

• J-Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #10661 on: August 25, 2015, 10:31:22 AM »
Lucidbro & Azurehyaline ~~

Even though you've done your best to minimize the length of your posts, perhaps this discussion has reached the point where it is totally OT and pretty much just between the two of you?  So, maybe you could use pm to continue the discussion?

Offline Lucidbro

• J-Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10660 on: August 25, 2015, 08:58:25 AM »
For azurehyaline.

I did the same with my previous posts so that the rest of the users can't complain about taking space.

And gatotkaca, while you're right, well, I'd say let's extend that to delete any post that doesn't contain a link to download Mahouka files, either raw, english or summaries.

Because in the end, most people who come here only come to download Mahouka, not to even discuss about it. And reading the forum description, Novel Shoppu is to download stuff (it's in File Sharing group), not to discuss things (there is a different section for it, Manga & Anime Discussions, that could be extended to novels too, I guess).

Of course, that's just my interpretation of what seem to be the labels of the forums. Roughly, everything else except things related to Mahouka downloads is pretty much off-topic here.[/quote]
Look, I think if you have such an issue with feminists you should take it up with them. Find a feminist forum, tell them what you have an issue with and why. That will be a lot more productive. Because I have no clue about what you're saying about feminists right now. It's completely unrelated.
If there's anything to say, it would be that I'd expect the same behavior out of feminists that I'd expect and wish for everyone to have. And if that was a problem I would have this same discussion with them. I don't really mind.

And, concerning the post, I have repeatedly said that *no*, it isn't constructive, isn't this claim clear at least by now? And it's only made worse by the crude language. I also said, that it is the presentation that's the problem, not that he dislikes Miyuki. It's just mindless bashing. Again, why make this kind of a post?
The fact that he got downvoted, which I haven't done by the way, only means that the presentation was subpar. Which is what we're supposed to be discussing.

And if you don't like incest that's also fine. You can expand on it, maybe say, it's because of this, this and this, and then maybe people can have  a discussion about it. There is something positive, it can be constructive. Incest of course can't be the reason that you don't like Miyuki as a character though. But it could be the reason you don't like the pairing.
[/spoiler]
Again, if you could work on the paragraphing. It would make things easier.

Offline lil8zngrl

• 氷姫
  • J-Recruit
  • Renommée: 3
  • Press "Thank you!" instead of posting it!
    • View Profile
    • My Growing Collection~!
« Reply #10659 on: August 25, 2015, 12:29:58 AM »
She did get one, but she hasn't used it yet. He was about to give it to her in vol 14 when he returned home from FLT and found her sulking, so he ended up taking her out and seeing the Saegusa girls. She hasn't used it much yet because she hasn't perfected using it yet.
Oooh I can't believe I didn't remember about that! :onionfacepalm: Looks like I need to reread volume 14. Thanks for reminding me! Though, that kind of brings up another question: Will we ever get the chance to see her actually utilize it? Things are moving a relatively fast pace surrounding their family it seems, that it doesn't seem like she'll be using it anytime soon.

Offline OnyxObsidian

• J-Hero
  • Renommée: 55
    • View Profile
« Reply #10658 on: August 24, 2015, 11:01:41 PM »
She did get one, but she hasn't used it yet. He was about to give it to her in vol 14 when he returned home from FLT and found her sulking, so he ended up taking her out and seeing the Saegusa girls. She hasn't used it much yet because she hasn't perfected using it yet.

Offline lil8zngrl

• 氷姫
  • J-Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #10657 on: August 24, 2015, 08:44:02 PM »
MB for sure and that one Tatsuya used to destroy that Korean peninsula (is it right??? Really bad about magic stuff, memory is failing).

I was just thinking, why Miyuki didn't get one of that completely thought manipulated CADs? Tatsuya let her use flying-type machine first but didn't offer this CAD to her, even her being an MI magician.
Haha personally I prefer Niflheim and Inferno. It's such a nice contrasting view in the anime!  :fangirl: But, when did he destroy the Korean peninsula? I was under the impression he only wiped out the lower China area in Scorched Halloween?

And maybe Miyuki didn't get those thought manipulated CADs because she's too fast in processing speed so it's A) pointless to and B) it wouldn't calculate the magic sequence fast enough for her? Or maybe it'll actually impair her in some way?

Offline Gekari

• J-Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #10656 on: August 24, 2015, 08:15:12 PM »
I removed my post that started this discussion. Please forgive-me.  :sic:

I'm really sorry, I didn't think it would become a free speech issue. I usually read all posts in all threads there (in AnimeSuki) and only exposed the last chain of events that happened before they stopped posting. It was not subjectively, it was something one read and one sees without judging. If I had used the word "debating" instead of "bashing" there wouldn't be this mess.

Once more, forgive-me. :T.TTT: :pushup:

MB for sure and that one Tatsuya used to destroy that Korean peninsula (is it right??? Really bad about magic stuff, memory is failing).

I was just thinking, why Miyuki didn't get one of that completely thought manipulated CADs? Tatsuya let her use flying-type machine first but didn't offer this CAD to her, even her being an MI magician.

Offline maserxx2009

• known
  • J-Recruit
  • talk less
    • View Profile
« Reply #10655 on: August 24, 2015, 08:12:11 PM »

Offline lil8zngrl

• 氷姫
  • J-Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #10654 on: August 24, 2015, 08:11:21 PM »
So.... Can we move that discussion into that Serious Debate board I just saw on the main forum and get back to talking about Mahouka in general?  :huh:

So uh.... Which magic in the Mahouka world that we've seen so far do everybody like?  :shy:

Offline SilverArcher

• J-Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #10653 on: August 24, 2015, 08:07:55 PM »
Err.. Is this really a Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei Forum??

Offline azurehyaline

• J-Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10652 on: August 24, 2015, 07:49:23 PM »
Lucidbro; I'll put it into spoilers so that at least, it doesn't take place for others not interested in the argument:

I'll add a point to this too, it's for you too (or for anyone interested in the convo, that probably is none):

I did the same with my previous posts so that the rest of the users can't complain about taking space.

And gatotkaca, while you're right, well, I'd say let's extend that to delete any post that doesn't contain a link to download Mahouka files, either raw, english or summaries.

Because in the end, most people who come here only come to download Mahouka, not to even discuss about it. And reading the forum description, Novel Shoppu is to download stuff (it's in File Sharing group), not to discuss things (there is a different section for it, Manga & Anime Discussions, that could be extended to novels too, I guess).

Of course, that's just my interpretation of what seem to be the labels of the forums. Roughly, everything else except things related to Mahouka downloads is pretty much off-topic here.

Offline Sinister666

• J-Starter
  • Renommée: -12
    • View Profile
« Reply #10651 on: August 24, 2015, 07:04:50 PM »
Yes, Let's censored all comments that bashed the Supreme Holy Imouto, also banned all those accounts too, i have the impression that this forum will turn into a little communist regime sooner or later..

Offline gatotkaca

• J-Starter
  • looking for new business to invest
    • View Profile
« Reply #10650 on: August 24, 2015, 06:51:35 PM »
hmm...I think it's better to report to moderator to just delete the entire post about this mess...starting from the post that begin this mess and off-track topic. So less page will be wasted by the Troller...Defender...and Corrector...and more page for more nice and constructive discussion.

I found this case too in several forum that I'm joining in. But the moderator and also the members, know about this and just do as I said above, less page for 1 thread...less effort needed for new or neutral people to look for what they want it that thread

well, just my 2cents

Offline Lucidbro

• J-Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10649 on: August 24, 2015, 02:48:49 PM »
And yet, I am defending free speech. The way you present a message doesn't mean that it loses it's freedom of speech protection just because others don't like it.

In fact, the loss of "freedom of speech" status comes from the content of the message. You can present the message in the best way possible, but if it incites violence or causes serious emotional distress, it doesn't afford the protection. Threaten someone and you're pretty much on your way to the jail, even if you're being really polite about it.

In fact, let me ellaborate on the freedom of speech part: there are a LOT of satirical publications that get the freedom of speech protection that are WAY worse than just using profane language, and they are aimed at specific persons, even if they are public.

There are plenty of publications that use profanity and obscenity to deliver their message (and in fact, even columns in magazines that do, and I'm talking about a member of the Royal Spanish Academy here), and let me tell you, a judge wouldn't dare to censor them outright just because of those grounds.

Just a few samples of freedom of speech (none of those magazines were censored, and inside they are even worse):

The way the message is delivered isn't grounds to censor the speech. The content of the message, is.

I used US law as an example on my first post, but then, US law isn't the only one nor they have the monopoly in "freedom of speech".

Censoring something because they don't like the "bad words"... wait, don't Russia and China do that? As in, you know, perfect examples of freedom of speech...

And yeah. It's your freedom to be a dick, as long as you're not threatening or insulting other people (and in fact, even in those cases, there are situations and situations). There are a lot of ways of being a dick, not just using profanity.

I could talk about someone's style, or clothes, way of speaking, with a malicious intent and being a bastard, and no one would be able to do a thing about it. They might criticize me in return, but they can't just report me to the police or a judge can't outright censor what I've said; even if this causes the person serious emotional distress that I don't like their yellow shirt and their hairdo (as long as I don't attack them via their race, religion, disabilities, sexual orientation and such, I'm fine).

In fact, fashion magazines do it all the time and they sure are abrasive sometimes.

Because remember, freedom of speech is all about the government taking action against you, or it censoring your speech outright. What others do, as long as it's legal, there are no problems with it. And just for your information: no, insulting or threatening other people isn't legal, no.

Look, we aren't the police here. I'm not the law, all of this is unnecessary. Shouldn't this be common sense, basic manners? This all seems to be getting a bit off track, so let me clarify, a person can say all kinds of things, people have that right, but this doesn't mean that these things you say don't make other people label you a "dick" or just any old, unpleasant person. This is what I mean with it not being about freedom of speech. It is freedom of speech, but within those rights, you're still acting like a dick. Not you, but the poster in question. So you aren't defending his freedom of speech, you're just defending him being a dick, with an excuse of freedom of speech, which everyone obviously knows he has. A complete stranger can for instance just come up and say that you're an ass, for no other reason than to try to make you feel bad. Now, is he allowed to do that? Yes, he is. Is he acting like an ass himself, yes he is. Parents also teach their children to not do rude things, and most of the time to not use bad words. There is a reason for this. Isn't this common in pretty much all cultures?
It's a bit different in this case, since no one was directly insulted but the idea is the same.

Then there's the other point, that ties into presentation. And that is that this is a public forum that aims to be a place of discussion for all Mahouka fans. If people just start to come in here to drop comments about how such and such is such and such a profanity, then where are we headed? It'll turn into a senseless screaming contest. It doesn't help anyone, it doesn't give an opportunity to discuss with anyone. What is he coming here for? Is the aim to anger other people? To make himself feel better? Spread negativity? Whatever the case is, it's nothing constructive. It's not the way to communicate your point across. Again, with what I have no problem with, it's just about how you do it.

Quote (selected)
Actually, you're pretty much mistaken here. Many opinions, if not most, in this planet are presented with "fuck" and "shit" in the middle, or their variants in the specific languages. Just go outside and see people talking about football or politicians. Or talking about anything, for that matter.

People use profanities and vulgar language in their every day lives. In fact, pick the post about Miyuki, change the name and the "onii-san" part and you just got a template for a talk about girls IRL (and I've seen similar templates being used by girls to talk about other girls, btw).

Also, it sounds pretty much hypocritical to me that you complain because he used "fuck" and "cock" in a post while being abrasive about a fictional character and then you go straight to call him, and anyone that agrees that he has the right to do so as "dicks".

And again: be careful of what you wish, as it can be turned against you. Now you limit his free speech by negating that right ("it isnt' freedom of speech"), the next day, it would be used against you, just saying.

I'm tired of seeing examples of that IRL. Usually, those who want to remove "malicious/offensive/profane speech" from the internet or press are those that want that only their own speech to remain on it. They start with Jews, they continue with Communists, they end up with you.

Well, I discussed some of the differences above, but there are rude people in real life too, and there's a proper way to discuss things with others as well. There are different standards for public and private behavior.

Yes, I think that whoever writes a post, that's nothing but bashing a character and is done with profanities is someone acting like a dick, if that makes me a hypocrite then that's what it is. Disliking rude people is a universal mentality, if you're defending someones ability to be rude, you're just enforcing rude behavior yourself and as an extension, I will also think that you're a dick. Also, why would you be tired of malicious speech being removed if you weren't doing it yourself? Good riddance. The way I view things, is that if you can't say whatever you're saying face to face, then don't say it. I accept responsibility for my words and views no matter where I've said them.

Offline azurehyaline

• J-Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10648 on: August 24, 2015, 12:13:11 PM »

The way the message is delivered isn't grounds to censor the speech. The content of the message, is.

I used US law as an example on my first post, but then, US law isn't the only one nor they have the monopoly in "freedom of speech".

Censoring something because they don't like the "bad words"... wait, don't Russia and China do that? As in, you know, perfect examples of freedom of speech...

And yeah. It's your freedom to be a dick, as long as you're not threatening or insulting other people (and in fact, even in those cases, there are situations and situations). There are a lot of ways of being a dick, not just using profanity.

I could talk about someone's style, or clothes, way of speaking, with a malicious intent and being a bastard, and no one would be able to do a thing about it. They might criticize me in return, but they can't just report me to the police or a judge can't outright censor what I've said; even if this causes the person serious emotional distress that I don't like their yellow shirt and their hairdo (as long as I don't attack them via their race, religion, disabilities, sexual orientation and such, I'm fine).

In fact, fashion magazines do it all the time and they sure are abrasive sometimes.

Because remember, freedom of speech is all about the government taking action against you, or it censoring your speech outright. What others do, as long as it's legal, there are no problems with it. And just for your information: no, insulting or threatening other people isn't legal, no.

Quote (selected)
But then again, everyone has the sense to present opinions better than in the post we're talking about, in real life.

Actually, you're pretty much mistaken here. Many opinions, if not most, in this planet are presented with "fuck" and "shit" in the middle, or their variants in the specific languages. Just go outside and see people talking about football or politicians. Or talking about anything, for that matter.

People use profanities and vulgar language in their every day lives. In fact, pick the post about Miyuki, change the name and the "onii-san" part and you just got a template for a talk about girls IRL (and I've seen similar templates being used by girls to talk about other girls, btw).

Also, it sounds pretty much hypocritical to me that you complain because he used "fuck" and "cock" in a post while being abrasive about a fictional character and then you go straight to call him, and anyone that agrees that he has the right to do so as "dicks".

And again: be careful of what you wish, as it can be turned against you. Now you limit his free speech by negating that right ("it isnt' freedom of speech"), the next day, it would be used against you, just saying.

I'm tired of seeing examples of that IRL. Usually, those who want to remove "malicious/offensive/profane speech" from the internet or press are those that want that only their own speech to remain on it. They start with Jews, they continue with Communists, they end up with you.
[/spoiler]

Offline Onesoulhappy

• J-Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #10647 on: August 24, 2015, 07:36:03 AM »
Lack of character development?  I disagree.  The problem is, if I was to get into it, this would be way too lengthy a post.  Consider the amount of time that's covered (a brief summer vacation and around 1.5 years) with Miyuki and Tatsuya having to maintain hidden identities, walk a tightrope of family politics, not to mention pretty much being on full combat alert throughout.  These are 16 year old, first year + high school students.  How much "character growth" did any of us show during an equivalent period?  Still, I think there's plenty character growth.  It's just not bluntly stated and stays within fairly realistic parameters.

The author points out that the more dramatic changes seen in the supporting cast have to do with the profound effect of their encounters and interactions with Miyuki and Tatsuya.

That's my story and I'll be sticking to it, even after considering (really) what everyone has said.  :uwah:

Offline Lucidbro

• J-Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10646 on: August 24, 2015, 07:13:50 AM »

What you wrote makes sense but from what I've read you haven't given a single argument on why Miyuki gets (strong) development yourself. You say that if we have objective evidence from the books that our arguments will be "valid" but you yourself are only telling us to "read the novels". Well guess what? Everything you read is subjective. You can interpret a sentence in many ways.

For example: "I like you." could mean that I like you. Or in context that I choose you above someone else, or that I like your decision.

That is a flat example, I know. But what I want to say is that if you are talking about evidence then "read the novels" is really NO evidence whatsoever because everything will be subjective.

We are all stating our opinions here. I don't say that you are wrong in your subjective view of the subject because I can't do that. In order to be able to say that I would have to have objective evidence that what you are saying is wrong but interpreting a character's progression through various novels is in no way objective. In other words your "evidence" is literally YOUR evidence and it works only for you.

Character progression is not subjective. Here is how this works, I assume you've read the novels. When I say you can clearly see how Miyuki changes from volume 8 to volume 15 and again in volume 17 and after. This is when you have the opportunity to disagree. If you think she hasn't changed, then we can talk about evidence. It is evidence that is trivial to provide. And if you think this isn't the case, this is also where you provide evidence that it is indeed incorrect, which you didn't do. I never assumed that anyone could read the novel in such a way that they could not see it, frankly it should be impossible, so there is no reason for me to present it at the onset.
You seem to be under the assumption that there are no "wrong" opinions. Which is very much, not the case. You can believe that 1+1=7, but this is objectively incorrect. The same way we have defined concepts of character progression and development, that we are discussing, these are not made up things.

What is highly subjective is you saying that compared to others, Miyuki hasn't received character development, and it's actually this argument that is much harder to find any supporting evidence to. And, i'll venture to say, is flatly incorrect.

Exactly. Just imagine you were thinking that your Brother, Sister or someone else you dearly care about was to die or on the verge of Death and you performed a procedure (for the first time) in order to safe them. I would be all over the place.

Edit: Grammar
It happens a lot more often than just that one time, though.

Offline maserxx2009

• known
  • J-Recruit
  • talk less
    • View Profile
« Reply #10645 on: August 24, 2015, 06:51:16 AM »
sorry out of topic,, can someone give/post/tell me link to learn japanese :huh: since it really interest to learn  :cant-reach:
L_rz post it in animesuki but i dont know where/what pages/topics and it seems he not log in in quite a long time

Offline Onesoulhappy

• J-Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #10644 on: August 24, 2015, 06:49:47 AM »
can i ask something about honoka and shizuku?.. are they doing 'it'?  :evil-thought:

LGBT?  No problem.  Yuri & yaoi?  No problem.  But I do think that it's a sad thing that people have become so over sensitized that any same sex display of physical contact or affection sends everyone into an LGBT flag waving frenzy to the point where it has affected how we act with one another. An unexpected casualty?  Maybe more so in some cultures than others.

Honoka & Shizuka are like sisters.  Why should physical contact, be it teasing during a bath or comforting one who is hurting emotionally be a big deal?  Lucky them!  Plus, because of Honoka's 'trait' if it was anything approaching a gay relationship, she'd be totally fixated on Shizuka and wouldn't have been interested in Tatsuya at all.

Offline Acass

• J-Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #10643 on: August 24, 2015, 06:39:58 AM »
Quote from: Gekari on Today at 06:16:25 AM
When I first read about that scene where they take bath together (idk volume 15) I was "Really?? Shizuku gone all Yuri". They hugging each other is "ok" compared to that.

Seriously guys. Who doesn't have strange behavior in Mahouka? Please, Tatsuya is the weirdest one. Just after he "resurrected" Miyuki he was all "touching her face" and "patting her hair"... I swear this is not normal. (If my brother just tried to touch my face I would kick him so hard in the b**ls.) That's why I only see them as fictional characters and unrelated at all, since the beginning. (Where the f**ck did he get this kind of habit?)

well not resurrected , i believe the correct word is heal but miyuki thinks he resurect/heal her,,and tatsuya touching her face and patting her hair is cause his emotion only left for miyuki , i'm sure you know after read vol 8 regarding tatsuya's emotion

Exactly. Just imagine you were thinking that your Brother, Sister or someone else you dearly care about was to die or on the verge of Death and you performed a procedure (for the first time) in order to safe them. I would be all over the place.

Edit: Grammar

Offline maserxx2009

• known
  • J-Recruit
  • talk less
    • View Profile
« Reply #10642 on: August 24, 2015, 06:33:53 AM »
When I first read about that scene where they take bath together (idk volume 15) I was "Really?? Shizuku gone all Yuri". They hugging each other is "ok" compared to that.

Seriously guys. Who doesn't have strange behavior in Mahouka? Please, Tatsuya is the weirdest one. Just after he "resurrected" Miyuki he was all "touching her face" and "patting her hair"... I swear this is not normal. (If my brother just tried to touch my face I would kick him so hard in the b**ls.) That's why I only see them as fictional characters and unrelated at all, since the beginning. (Where the f**ck did he get this kind of habit?)

well not resurrected , i believe the correct word is heal but miyuki thinks he resurect/heal her,,and tatsuya touching her face and patting her hair is cause his emotion only left for miyuki , i'm sure you know after read vol 8 regarding tatsuya's emotion but since it's fictional, even  then if that happen to me i'm absolutly do the same as you said  :stabby:

Offline Acass

• J-Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #10641 on: August 24, 2015, 06:33:50 AM »
It's not about what happened in your eyes, is it? It's what happens in the books. My posts aren't aggressive, but you have to realize when you're talking about things from the books and when you're talking about stuff you think of in your head and being biased. If I find you have something that's a good argument, then of course I will go over it and if it's true, I'll accept it, no problem. But it's also supposed to be the same for you.
We have gone through, a whole bunch of stuff regarding Miyuki's character development. You can compare how she was in volume 8 to how she was in volume 15, and then again how she is different in volume 17 again. Go and compare this to any other character in the series, and then talk about character development.
Maya is now considerably different than she was before her capture, we've seen her gone from a nice little girl into a mentally imbalanced leader of the Yotsuba, who is now Tatsuya's mother. This simply doesn't happen if there is no character development.
Tatsuya on the other hand has barely received any, he is now more social but his character is still the same. Still it's better than nothing. There is actually one more character, which is Mikihiko. He has had some OK, development. More than Tatsuya, at least.

What you wrote makes sense but from what I've read you haven't given a single argument on why Miyuki gets (strong) development yourself. You say that if we have objective evidence from the books that our arguments will be "valid" but you yourself are only telling us to "read the novels". Well guess what? Everything you read is subjective. You can interpret a sentence in many ways.

For example: "I like you." could mean that I like you. Or in context that I choose you above someone else, or that I like your decision.

That is a flat example, I know. But what I want to say is that if you are talking about evidence then "read the novels" is really NO evidence whatsoever because everything will be subjective.

We are all stating our opinions here. I don't say that you are wrong in your subjective view of the subject because I can't do that. In order to be able to say that I would have to have objective evidence that what you are saying is wrong but interpreting a character's progression through various novels is in no way objective. In other words your "evidence" is literally YOUR evidence and it works only for you.

Offline SilverArcher

• J-Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #10640 on: August 24, 2015, 06:30:13 AM »

LOL :wahaha:

Offline Gekari

• J-Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #10639 on: August 24, 2015, 06:16:25 AM »
well.. I've read the summaries in wiki and this line in particular got me thinking: " A little while later, Honoka goes into the arms of Shizuku in bed.". I had a recollection of shizuku's relationship with honoka. I know they are close to a point where you might even mistake them for siblings but what I've been reading doesn't just add up and i'm confused. i'd rather not say 'it' here. hehe but what I had in mind is 'Yuri'..

Online Crazy Frog

• J-Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #10638 on: August 24, 2015, 04:52:34 AM »
well.. I've read the summaries in wiki and this line in particular got me thinking: " A little while later, Honoka goes into the arms of Shizuku in bed.". I had a recollection of shizuku's relationship with honoka. I know they are close to a point where you might even mistake them for siblings but what I've been reading doesn't just add up and i'm confused. i'd rather not say 'it' here. hehe but what I had in mind is 'Yuri'..
They only hugging to each other.