Funds $0 | Needed $120
Like the community? Enjoy reading manga?
Then click on the small donation banner! Thx!

0%

Author Topic: Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei vol.01-15+  (Read 899006 times)

Ellarris and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline blackwhite67

• J-Addict
  • Renommée: 7
    • View Profile
Re: Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei vol.01-08+
« Reply #3967 on: March 13, 2013, 05:18:09 AM »
Somebody could clear why Katsuto scares Mayumi??, I mean there's something in Web Novel about it??, Tats looks really serious too, so far its uncommon this sort of images in MKnR style, mostly are like Lina pic.

EDIT: 1) Shrine new year visit, 2) Lina intro, 3) dialogue in Lina and roommate House, last one: don't known, there's 3 lines, maybe someones could read, but is unlike refers the scene.

I don't get what those numbers are referring to. There are only three pictures, but you're referring to four. I think the first one is either when Lina joined tatsuya and co. for lunch and Tatsuya grew suspicious of Lina after some chatting like when he asked her why her name wasn't Angie instead of Lina, or when Lina attacked him during patrols to test his skills. For the second picture, I noticed that one of the women at the bottom was holding a teapot. There is tea scene in Arc 5 where Lina has tea with her fellow agent and roommate, Michaela Hongo (Mia) who was sent earlier on an espionage mission, but I think that girl next to her is a new character. I doubt that the scene in the last picture was ever mentioned in the Web Arcs.

Offline whsie

• The Geologist
  • J-Addict
  • Renommée: 128
    • View Profile
« Reply #3966 on: March 13, 2013, 04:13:16 AM »
:ronin: :rapeist:  From Vol 8 between lines understanding: Yotsuba ready have years successfully doing, even overcome others researchers problems like life term expectancy, BS magic, DNA inheritance and powerfull techniques emulation.
They just don mess the main blood line in the sense of cloning Miya or others from main family.

BTW: Is not only Sakurai, check the Yotsuba auxiliary "Families" which don't stay with the 100 system.

Yeah, the scenes in the current timeline scenes in the Flashback Arc between Kazama and the Shiba siblings hinted as much. The Yotsuba are the masters of eugenics.

Also, yeah, that Kung Fu Panda picture is awesome. Tatsuya had to fight with most of his psions suppressed, couldn't use any of his state of the art cutting edge abilities, couldn't use dispersion. If he was able to use gram dispersion or mist dispersion, the 16 panic shots (all deadly blows) could have easily been dispersed. He was able to slip in regeneration, but only because it happened so fast that no one (including the 101st observers and Kudou) noticed it. Plus, the battle ground was a plain field that essentially negated all potential use of his ninjitsu for cover and allowed Ichijou to flat out maximize his strength.

Offline Chimurry

• J-Regular
  • Renommée: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #3965 on: March 13, 2013, 12:51:08 AM »
All the discussion about heir make me wonder why the magical clan did not use test tube baby method and surogate mothers to increase their number. After all their can not use their powerful female members as brood mare to give birth a baby a year without harming the health of the mother and baby. How ever they already have the technology to modified unborn baby. So the method of harvesting ovum and sperm of powerful magicians, fetilise it in lab and putting it in surogate mother is doable for them. It not like they are averse to human experiments.

:ronin: :rapeist:  From Vol 8 between lines understanding: Yotsuba ready have years successfully doing, even overcome others researchers problems like life term expectancy, BS magic, DNA inheritance and powerfull techniques emulation.
They just don mess the main blood line in the sense of cloning Miya or others from main family.

BTW: Is not only Sakurai, check the Yotsuba auxiliary "Families" which don't stay with the 100 system.

Offline 4r2r

• Well Versed Mad Scientist, Gallant Enlightment Provocateur and Grand Prophet of Insanity
  • J-Regular
  • Renommée: 2
  • shhhhh !! my common sense is tingling
    • View Profile
« Reply #3964 on: March 13, 2013, 12:39:53 AM »
All the discussion about heir make me wonder why the magical clan did not use test tube baby method and surogate mothers to increase their number. After all their can not use their powerful female members as brood mare to give birth a baby a year without harming the health of the mother and baby. How ever they already have the technology to modified unborn baby. So the method of harvesting ovum and sperm of powerful magicians, fetilise it in lab and putting it in surogate mother is doable for them. It not like they are averse to human experiments.

isn't that something relatively close to Sakura series ? Forbidden relic of the past human experimentation ? Such people would never be treated as equals for many reasons starting from pride thru jealousy to simple hatred ... this can pretty much turn into open discussion about servant/tool/artificial magician rights, ethics and morality in the world of mknr. Tatsuya could attest for some of it.

:GINYU:

Offline bookworm

• J-Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3963 on: March 13, 2013, 12:08:46 AM »

Offline synbios

• J-Starter
  • Renommée: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3962 on: March 12, 2013, 08:31:53 PM »
Got some pictures from Novel vol 9
Credited by nacer666

Sorry, please read the forum rules to see why you can't view spoilers and why you can't post in this forum section. Thank you!

Jumonji rape face

Offline malason13

• J-Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3961 on: March 12, 2013, 07:57:24 PM »
Credited by nacer666

Sorry, please read the forum rules to see why you can't view spoilers and why you can't post in this forum section. Thank you!

Thanks for the pics!! :XD:

Offline 4r2r

• Well Versed Mad Scientist, Gallant Enlightment Provocateur and Grand Prophet of Insanity
  • J-Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #3960 on: March 12, 2013, 04:28:39 PM »
Somebody could clear why Katsuto scares Mayumi??, I mean there's something in Web Novel about it??, Tats looks really serious too, so far its uncommon this sort of images in MKnR style, mostly are like Lina pic.

EDIT: 1) Shrine new year visit, 2) Lina intro, 3) dialogue in Lina and roommate House, last one: don't known, there's 3 lines, maybe someones could read, but is unlike refers the scene.

Might be when Mayumi request Katsuto help in investegation of the incident when they met in the clubroom ...

D'oh last Katsuto picture screems for "Wut?! .. Santa's not real ?!" meme treatment ... yeah i am sorry couldn't stop myself  :XD:

Offline Chimurry

• J-Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #3959 on: March 12, 2013, 03:22:53 PM »
Credited by nacer666

Offline Mattdamon

• J-Regular
  • Renommée: 23
    • View Profile
« Reply #3958 on: March 12, 2013, 03:04:05 PM »
Credited by nacer666

Offline Chimurry

• J-Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #3957 on: March 12, 2013, 02:14:55 PM »
From what I gathered so far Yotsuba is a clan that's all about power. The one that held the 'head' tittle is the one who has the biggest power, no matter their state of mind. I remembered someone wrote that Maya (the current head) is somewhat a screw-loose from past traumatic experience, but since she's the strongest after Miya died (did she died or disappeared? someone correct me please) she was hailed 'clan head'. From that alone I think I get the picture of what a 'sick' clan it is.

Oh, can anyone explain the ranking level of Magician? I know the highest is Strategic Class, and then followed by Combat Class?

Saying "the Most powerfull in the House will be the Head" its inaccurate, Yotsuba Main House Blood Line comes far I known:
1) Genzou Yotsuba: Miya/Maya Father.
2) Miya Shiba: eldest twin Daughter, its not clear why she declines being the Head, but someone says was cuz health problems, due magic overuse.
3) Maya Yotsuba: was engage with Koichi Saegusa, was abducted, raped and suffered torture, according Vol 8 She was recently appointed as Head, She aunt of Tats/Miyuki, cousin of Mitsugo and 2nd grade cousin of the Kurobane twins.
4) Tatsuya: eldest Son of Miya and from main line, He was demoted cuz above mentions.
5) Miyuki: only daughter of the main line and remain last option.
6) Genzou sister (dont known her name but her last name should be Kurobane), is MY BELIEVE and far I known is not in the MKnR She was the Head replacement till Maya could assume her position, Miya/Maya was 12 years old when their father died.
6) Mitsugo Kurobane: Son of Genzou sister and Miya/Maya cousin.
7) Ayako Kurobane: daughter of Mitsugo, first born of the twins.
8) Fumiya Kurobane: eldest son of Mitsugo.

Their system are Patriarchal, but male descendant or not, main blood line still have preference in the Heir line, Mayumi have 2 elder brothers and 2 young s sisters, She will become Heir if Her 2 brothers die, that's why Shes a "blue ribbon price" and according their Clans Social system Her role is more like high class asset to her House, same for the twins, in Vol 3 is said Koichi ready received engage offers before She entrance in High School, still, seem to be Koichi have an underhand card move, Juumongi, as first choice endorsed from Clan council decision, offered Her hand to Tats in Vol 4, due Tats avoiding trouble (from His point of view) deflect the propose individual as someone to be engage with the 10th or 5th Clans heirs, there Juumongi thought Tats prefers "younger" and offer the twins (Mayumi imoutos), Tats still playing dummy and as commoner facade says He not have that kind of mind set, Katsuto left Him with a warning and some from my POV: "think about it, We will talk again" (this is not in the LN, but is what I understand), I still think that's wasn't a bluff and even something not match entirely well, as one of the points: Ichijou have imouto, Why they only "offer" Saegusa daughters and not other from 10th Master Clans daughters, like 1st Clan daughter or even Fujibashi from 9th Clan.

There's two different things from Ranking and Classification:

Tatsuya will be C Rank as maximum (Major Kazama is B Rank, Miyuki, Mayumi among few others could easy being rank A or even S), , but is Strategic Class, the world population are like 3 billion persons, from that some like 10% are Magicians and from that an guessing average  of 50 are Strategic Class, 13 where known and hold the title as "Apostles", Tats is non declare SC Magician, so he belongs to the guessing 37 or so unknown SC Magicians, after "Scorched Halloween" event Japan cant keep void or hiding their 2nd SC Magician: Tats, they gave him the Military unit cover of 101st Magic Battalion and the alias of Special Lieutenant Ooguro Ryyuga (I hope its correct the name), they trying to playing as USNA do with Sirius, their SC Magician.
BTW: according Maya, now is 12 apostles, thanks Tats doings.

:kukukuh:

Offline 4r2r

• J-Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #3956 on: March 12, 2013, 01:59:29 PM »
From what I gathered so far Yotsuba is a clan that's all about power. The one that held the 'head' tittle is the one who has the biggest power, no matter their state of mind. I remembered someone wrote that Maya (the current head) is somewhat a screw-loose from past traumatic experience, but since she's the strongest after Miya died (did she died or disappeared? someone correct me please) she was hailed 'clan head'. From that alone I think I get the picture of what a 'sick' clan it is.

Oh, can anyone explain the ranking level of Magician? I know the highest is Strategic Class, and then followed by Combat Class?

i also think it's hard to talk about Patriarchy in yotsuba. Miya standing on top of yotsuba despite not being married, miyuki as potential heir in spite of fumiya are good reasons to support that. In yotsuba strenght is everything so following patriarchy by them makes little sense.

Military in mknr have nowadays organisation(or at least nothing that would to contradict it) so they could just use simplified warefare theory terms field < tactical < strategical depending on the main, indirect and direct objectives that are supposed to be fullfilled(or simple convenience). I found however interesting post abut it:

http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost.php?p=4586665&postcount=3626

Both have its pros and cons, at this point in time we can just guess i think :P

Quote (selected)
Even if they were siblings, Tatsuya and Miyuki only started living together three years ago. In other words, they became bona fide siblings only three years ago. Before that fateful summer three years ago, even if they were living under the same roof, they practically never interacted with one another. Their current proximity was something strictly forbidden by their mother just as she denied any normal sibling interaction. Still, that may have been something decided by the Yotsuba Family.
Tatsuya had no intention of sprouting any complaints on that regard. It's not like that function remained within his mental landscape. However, losing all his childhood memories about being treated like a family member was still galling, so saying that he was displeased would be right on the mark.
The adolescent years were accompanied by impulsive anger, tears, falls, mistakes and other embarrassing memories if known by other family members. Yet for Tatsuya, who never enjoyed the luxury of these memories, Miyuki became a "beautiful girl one year younger than he was" by default. Since he was forced to see her in an impartial light from the onset, Tatsuya was well aware that she was a classy, beautiful young girl from the start.
In spite of this, the affection that sprouted forth from the depths of his heart only identified Miyuki as a young sister. The only true emotion that dwelt in the realm of his consciousness was the familial love he bore for his sister.
No memories, only affection. Occasionally, Tatsuya would ruminate that memory loss probably felt akin to this. Of course, he was also aware that he didn't qualify for that condition.
It was an unconditional affection unfettered by memories of any sort.
Precisely because of this, Tatsuya blindly, fiercely and desperately loved Miyuki. His other emotional impulses could not be expressed through fury or hatred. Only his love for Miyuki was truly spontaneous and absolute.
Tatsuya was wholly unaware of this. It wasn't that he forgot himself, but because this was the result of cold, hard calculations that his actions became unstoppable. Once he determined something was necessary, he wouldn't even stop to contemplate "Is this necessary". Even if he would weigh the cost and benefits, social norms wouldn't even break his stride.

This pretty much explains everything from Tatsuya side :P

Offline lyndine

• J-Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3955 on: March 12, 2013, 01:16:58 PM »

Offline Vampirecat

• J-Regular
  • Renommée: 28
    • View Profile
« Reply #3954 on: March 12, 2013, 12:06:45 PM »
But since the current head is not male and Miyuki is still an heir candidate despite Fumiya being male and the same age the clan, and Mayumi was said not to be heir only because she is not the oldest, I dont think they can be considered as patriarchal really.

The fact that Fumiya's existence eliminates Ayako's chance at becoming an heir candidate means they still follow a form of patriarchy. As for Saegusa, where's the textev that says Mayumi would have been the heir if her brothers were younger than her?

But Tatsuya said himself he never lost his memories, only that he never experienced regular childhood as he was training as a guardian and he and Miyuki grew up separated.

It was also said that the only emotion Tatsuya was "left with" was sibling love for Miyuki. He couldn't have been left with that unless he'd grown up with Miyuki and developed that sibling love for her in the first place—before he began Guardian training. However, he has no memory of developing that love. Therefore, before his change in station from potential heir candidate to Guardian, Tatsuya must have had a regular childhood with Miyuki, the memory of which had been erased to make it easier for both of them to adjust to his new station in life. Otherwise, his devotion to her would have had to be created in him by mind manipulation. If Tatsuya and Miyuki had grown up separated even before the experiment, it wouldn't be natural for him to have developed any love for her.

Offline wake98

• J-Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3953 on: March 12, 2013, 11:52:29 AM »
Quote (selected)
You can web search the bi-monthly Dengeki Bunko Magazine. I believe the last issue vol. 30 came out in Feb. The 1st chapter of the Double 7 arc came out in Oct or Nov. last year from what is mentioned in the V7 afterword on B-T.

thank you

Offline Monstratboy

• J-Addict
  • Renommée: 27
  • MKR's Shiba T.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3952 on: March 12, 2013, 11:27:27 AM »
Maya ended up inheriting because she and Miya didn't have a brother to stand as heir. Miyuki is the only "viable" heir candidate of Miya's blood. But if Tatsuya had been viable, he would have been the heir candidate, just as Fumiya is the heir candidate despite being younger than Ayako.
But since the current head is not male and Miyuki is still an heir candidate despite Fumiya being male and the same age the clan, and Mayumi was said not to be heir only because she is not the oldest, I dont think they can be considered as patriarchal really.

It's not that their memories were altered; they were completely erased. That's why Tatsuya only has the feeling of fraternal love for Miyuki from the very start. He doesn't remember how his life was before the experiment—the time when he had probably been addressed as Waka-sama or something similar and had been treated like a son by Miya.
But Tatsuya said himself he never lost his memories, only that he never experienced regular childhood as he was training as a guardian and he and Miyuki grew up separated.

Does anyone know when the last issue of the magazine came out?
You can web search the bi-monthly Dengeki Bunko Magazine. I believe the last issue vol. 30 came out in Feb. The 1st chapter of the Double 7 arc came out in Oct or Nov. last year from what is mentioned in the V7 afterword on B-T.

Offline wake98

• J-Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3951 on: March 12, 2013, 10:16:12 AM »
Does anyone know when the last issue of the magazine came out? and was that issue the one with the
  Trying to buy a copy to motivate me to learn japanese.

Thanks

Offline Chimurry

• J-Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #3950 on: March 12, 2013, 08:46:12 AM »
even so, they would still have to teach Phalanx to them, also if it's like Medival time then it's still weird that the Saegusa would do this, they're already one of the two strongest clans currently and to give one of their best magicians to another clan means that the offsprings will belong to the other clan, not theirs and so they actually lose something, plus in medival times with political marriage it was to strengthen tthe bond between two countries so that they can fight off their ennemy, in mahouka it's not like another family will declare war on them and they need protection from it, and all 10 families are fighting for the same thing which is to be at the top so an alliance with someone will definitely become an enemy is weird.

To make it easy, just look at Euro-Asia Monarchy Marriage Policy from 11th century till 20th century, Marie Antoinette was 14th in Heir line to the Austrian Empire and was engage to marry 1st in line French Monarchy Heir, World War I was literally a Family fight, thats why Americas public opinion doesn't want to intervene till years later, I have a friend, Hes German American and descendant from Feudal Austria/Germany Monarchy Family and at age of 42 He couldn't work anymore due DNA problems, including no heir, his lungs only can absorb 45% of the oxygen, He explained to me that's was stupid no mixing policy, remember one of the arguments its cuz Merovingian blood line.

I was ruminating in MKnR universe and from the texts I read so far, all this mess comes from elder Kudou and the Clans Heads from latest half century, they literally race to gain magical power as Military asset, even I think remember someone say artificially genetics persons dont survive more than 30 years life term, so when Retsu saw Tatsuya and the power he shown on newcomers Monolith Code competitions and stomp on Ichijou Heir like cockroach (as Kazama claim to Retsu: Tats fought with SEVERAL'S restriction layers and limiters, so I see its like Tats fighting: with foot shackles, one hand tie behind, 50 kgs shirt as DGBZ Gooku training style and the free hand with foam to not damage Masaki, check img to see how I imaging Tats: )  

The old man have to be really depress after see whats the results of his policies during his leadership times, it seem at least from Yotsuba they reach and surpass the goal of gain Military Magic power, but really far from any wild dream he could have or believe someone able to get, maybe He thought no one was able to reach this so soon, they're results and Clan secrecy structure made them as really dread nightmare for the other Clans, Why??, cuz unknown factors are causes of loss, about Sakurai series, far I known Yotsuba have "other families", their style is like when they manage FLT, they where responsible for the 4th Research Institute and was directly on charge for "artificial" magicians, some of the Kazama reproach to Retsu came from that line.

Finally, I wonder how the author will put Mayumi finding about Tats, I mean even she could find old photo from his dad with Miya, Maya and Retsu as sensei, or should be some 10th Masters Clans activity with Miyuki and Miya around.

Offline Jirachier

• J-Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #3949 on: March 12, 2013, 08:08:24 AM »
Miyuki's memories would have been erased when she was 5 or 6—shortly after the experiment on Tatsuya was deemed a failure. The erasure could have been done so that she wouldn't have such a strong sibling connection to him and can grow up viewing him as a disposable tool, the way a proper Yotsuba would view a Guardian.

Maya ended up inheriting because she and Miya didn't have a brother to stand as heir. Miyuki is the only "viable" heir candidate of Miya's blood. But if Tatsuya had been viable, he would have been the heir candidate, just as Fumiya is the heir candidate despite being younger than Ayako.

It's not that their memories were altered; they were completely erased. That's why Tatsuya only has the feeling of fraternal love for Miyuki from the very start. He doesn't remember how his life was before the experiment—the time when he had probably been addressed as Waka-sama or something similar and had been treated like a son by Miya. Erasing those memories would make it easier for Tatsuya to accept his new role as a Guardian to Miyuki. As for Miyuki not remembering things from when she was 5, I still remember some things I did when I was 4 and younger, and I've had more decades to forget those than Miyuki, so I think it would be normal for Miyuki to have some memories of Tatsuya from before he became her Guardian.

The other option would be marrying her to someone who's not known to have strong Magician blood. Wouldn't that mean diluting the magic potential of her offspring? If she's married to a strong clan, there's the benefit of her children being positively inclined toward the Saegusa and more likely to support the Saegusa in future initiatives, or at least less likely to actively work against Saegusa goals.
actually the best possibility should be for her to marry either someone from the Saegusa or someone who is a strong magician without belonging to any clan, they are rare but they still exist.

Offline Vampirecat

• J-Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #3948 on: March 12, 2013, 07:52:46 AM »
I see your point of view but i don't see any reason one would rewrite memories of 13 years old child(1st year middle school), possible succession candidate(given her inborn "mental magic" her magic interference to it should be quite strong ). I mean even Tatsuya who we know have feelings toward his sister(well it sounds kinda creepy but you know what i mean) doesn't show them at all. I think it's more to show internal strugle than some yotsuba conspiracy but of course i can be wrong ... What would be a reason to change her memories at the age of 13 instead of raising properly ? incest ? wtf ?!

Miyuki's memories would have been erased when she was 5 or 6—shortly after the experiment on Tatsuya was deemed a failure. The erasure could have been done so that she wouldn't have such a strong sibling connection to him and can grow up viewing him as a disposable tool, the way a proper Yotsuba would view a Guardian.

Except that Maya is a woman and Miyuki is a candidate to be the next head so it does't always seem to be a strictly patriarchal case. I assume that the eldest male would always be preferred but also if the eldest child is female she could be heir, since V3 mentions the reason Mayumi is not heir is because she is not the eldest.

I don't believe there was any alteration to either Miyuki's or Tatsuya's memories of their childhood. I know Tatsuya mentions there is no memory loss on his part. In V4 Tatsuya indicates they were always kept separate and because he lived in a very strict environment he was given no chance to create normal childhood memories. I doubt Miyuki would be able to remember  anything from when she was 5 normally anyway. To me its just simple tsundere-like jealousy since he never smiled when with her.

It's not that their memories were altered; they were completely erased. That's why Tatsuya only has the feeling of fraternal love for Miyuki from the very start. He doesn't remember how his life was before the experiment—the time when he had probably been addressed as Waka-sama or something similar and had been treated like a son by Miya. Erasing those memories would make it easier for Tatsuya to accept his new role as a Guardian to Miyuki. As for Miyuki not remembering things from when she was 5, I still remember some things I did when I was 4 and younger, and I've had more decades to forget those than Miyuki, so I think it would be normal for Miyuki to have some memories of Tatsuya from before he became her Guardian.

even so, they would still have to teach Phalanx to them, also if it's like Medival time then it's still weird that the Saegusa would do this, they're already one of the two strongest clans currently and to give one of their best magicians to another clan means that the offsprings will belong to the other clan, not theirs and so they actually lose something, plus in medival times with political marriage it was to strengthen tthe bond between two countries so that they can fight off their ennemy, in mahouka it's not like another family will declare war on them and they need protection from it, and all 10 families are fighting for the same thing which is to be at the top so an alliance with someone will definitely become an enemy is weird.

The other option would be marrying her to someone who's not known to have strong Magician blood. Wouldn't that mean diluting the magic potential of her offspring? If she's married to a strong clan, there's the benefit of her children being positively inclined toward the Saegusa and more likely to support the Saegusa in future initiatives, or at least less likely to actively work against Saegusa goals.

Offline chin

• J-Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3947 on: March 12, 2013, 07:27:08 AM »
plus in medival times with political marriage it was to strengthen tthe bond between two countries so that they can fight off their ennemy, in mahouka it's not like another family will declare war on them and they need protection from it, and all 10 families are fighting for the same thing which is to be at the top so an alliance with someone will definitely become an enemy is weird.

I actually think that there is no eternal foe or ally. Now Saegusa may be at the top and no other clan show a rivalry apparently, however some day it will be shown up (like in double 7 arc). Then it is not weird to make more ally.

Offline Jirachier

• J-Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #3946 on: March 12, 2013, 06:49:01 AM »
I don't think that it's said that phalanx is bloodline inherited type magic, rather something inherited by family heir. Even if it actualy was the case marriage would probably have medival arrangement, meaning you would get married into heir family. Mayumi as (i think) 3rd in line to succession would get married into juumonji family ... and thats all . Marriage between heirs are problematic due to problems u suggested but if it's between other main family members you pretty much achive all the goals (meaning pure blood heir to maintain the bloodline and alliance between families ) without any drawbacks. In particular case of yotsuba due to their secrecy i suspect marriage would be carried between main/branch family members ... but again that's just my personal view on the problem

Offline 4r2r

• J-Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #3945 on: March 12, 2013, 04:31:47 AM »
Speaking of marrying into another clan, I find it strange that in mahouka the Ten Master Clans don't seem to be against marriage of members from one of their clan to another, like how Mayumi's father wants her to marry Juumonji or the brother of that strategic class magician, I mean wouldn't that create a conflict of to whom their children belong and in the case of the Juumonji clan it would be kind of like giving their secret about Phalanx to another clan since if Mayumi and Juumonji had children they would also belong to Saegusa.

I don't think that it's said that phalanx is bloodline inherited type magic, rather something inherited by family heir. Even if it actualy was the case marriage would probably have medival arrangement, meaning you would get married into heir family. Mayumi as (i think) 3rd in line to succession would get married into juumonji family ... and thats all . Marriage between heirs are problematic due to problems u suggested but if it's between other main family members you pretty much achive all the goals (meaning pure blood heir to maintain the bloodline and alliance between families ) without any drawbacks. In particular case of yotsuba due to their secrecy i suspect marriage would be carried between main/branch family members ... but again that's just my personal view on the problem

Offline Jirachier

• J-Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #3944 on: March 12, 2013, 01:57:51 AM »
I don't believe the Yotsuba had anything to do with developing the Sakurai series. It was mentioned at the beginning of V8 they bought the genetically altered mages from someone else.

While its not exactly clear what parts of his magic is sealed, we do know why. The Yotsuba are a secretive bunch and don't want him using and revealing his true power, especially since he is a servant meant to remain the shadow. He is required by both his clan and his secret military unit to be hide his ability and identity. Miyuki was chosen to directly seal his magic as she is the only one mentioned so far with the rare and powerful ability to do so.

And In this fictional world its been mentioned The Government have a special agreement with the Master Clans about their military duties that go with their privileged status. Neither the government or the Yotsuba are mentioned as being dependant on Tatsuya's strength. So the clan having control over their member's magic use seems reasonable to me.  
I believe none of the other Master Clans' heads are supposed to know about either of the Shibas' true identities. Kazuma tried to play ignorant with Kudo in V4 before Kudo revealed he already knew Tatsuya's background. But with all the publicity Tatsuya and the 101 have now gotten and the awesome power they recently revealed, others, such as Koichi, have been getting more interested in the 101st's movements and have started to connect dots.
Except that Maya is a woman and Miyuki is a candidate to be the next head so it does't always seem to be a strictly patriarchal case. I assume that the eldest male would always be preferred but also if the eldest child is female she could be heir, since V3 mentions the reason Mayumi is not heir is because she is not the eldest.
I don't believe there was any alteration to either Miyuki's or Tatsuya's memories of their childhood. I know Tatsuya mentions there is no memory loss on his part. In V4 Tatsuya indicates they were always kept separate and because he lived in a very strict environment he was given no chance to create normal childhood memories. I doubt Miyuki would be able to remember  anything from when she was 5 normally anyway. To me its just simple tsundere-like jealousy since he never smiled when with her.
The reasons Miya gives he cannot be accepted as a Yotsuba and heir will be translated in due course, but I doubt you'd still be able to accept her explanation anyway.  I just accept it as part of the rigid community and world the author wants us to picture.
As mentioned previously by ZeroUrashima from the V8 SS the magic the Yotsuba inherit is Outer-systematic Magic. Per V1 c5 this relates to mind, soul and spirit manipulation magics.  Miyuki's mother's magic manipulates one's mental structure while in the raw text Miyuki's own magic is described as one that manipulates the mind and soul. The actual Japanese words used to describe each of their magics are slightly different.  

The Yotsuba gathered people with Outer-systematic abilities, enhanced them and used their abilities to modify the Magic Computation Area and used that to produce the Yotsuba clan. Because of that, their blood carry 2 traits and the one which is dominant is random. One is the result they wanted, the Outer-systematic Magic, Genzou, Miya and Miyuki are this type. The other is the distorted Magic Computation Area because they meddled with it too much at the production stage so it became part of their blood, Maya and Tatsuya are this type.

Tatsuya's mother Miya and their family are very archaic in their thinking and actually mention they cannot have a male heir that is unable to use 'true magic', he was demoted from being a direct Yotsuba main family member to a servant:- 'Guardian' status at the age of 6, once their experiment to try and give him the missing magical talent ended in what they saw as failure.

That is how its mentioned the traditional magical community view things in the story.
He is already part of the clan.  The government gives the Master Clans special privileges because they are all really powerful and are called upon to use their power.  Werther 1 is more powerful than the other makes no difference to them as long as they they keep to their agreements. This is close enough to the stance Kazuma took when Kudo complained about the Yotsuba in V4. Its mentioned that those of 28 Tens clans that get the top 10 spots are the ones with the strongest magicians, so power struggles between them is normal.
I also agree since their is actual mention of memory loss.  To me, Miyuki is just weird and always had strong hidden illicit feelings that she put up her own mental barriers to block out because of her mother's strict up bringing. And now in V8 for the 1st time she is allowed alot more interaction with him and gets mental cramps the more she lets these feelings emerge.

Speaking of marrying into another clan, I find it strange that in mahouka the Ten Master Clans don't seem to be against marriage of members from one of their clan to another, like how Mayumi's father wants her to marry Juumonji or the brother of that strategic class magician, I mean wouldn't that create a conflict of to whom their children belong and in the case of the Juumonji clan it would be kind of like giving their secret about Phalanx to another clan since if Mayumi and Juumonji had children they would also belong to Saegusa.

Offline Monstratboy

• J-Addict
  • MKR's Shiba T.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3943 on: March 11, 2013, 07:05:10 PM »
...Guardians program establishment and development and Human/Magicians genetics modifications to artificially upgrade their power (far I read, Yotsuba ready surpasses Saegusa and others Clans Magics specialization, like Sakurai Minami and her "Phalanx" emulation, is not weird think they ready emulate "rupture" and others)...
I don't believe the Yotsuba had anything to do with developing the Sakurai series. It was mentioned at the beginning of V8 they bought the genetically altered mages from someone else.

To be honest I am more interested in the contents of the experiment performed(its consequences) on tetsuya and seal that was put on him. I doesn't look like it seals any of his magic(it could seal material burst but whats the point if the one sealing it is miyuki[key next to the safe?!]and yotsuba ability to overrule goverment decision about its usage makes it hilarious, well possible but very incoherent  ). So at this point we know for sure it seals his psions, allow some degree of magic interference/interactions between siblings and Tetsuya is uneasy about mizuki ability to read "spiritual aura hidden within the body".
While its not exactly clear what parts of his magic is sealed, we do know why. The Yotsuba are a secretive bunch and don't want him using and revealing his true power, especially since he is a servant meant to remain the shadow. He is required by both his clan and his secret military unit to be hide his ability and identity. Miyuki was chosen to directly seal his magic as she is the only one mentioned so far with the rare and powerful ability to do so.

And In this fictional world its been mentioned The Government have a special agreement with the Master Clans about their military duties that go with their privileged status. Neither the government or the Yotsuba are mentioned as being dependant on Tatsuya's strength. So the clan having control over their member's magic use seems reasonable to me.  

In which case, Katsuto's his father's alternate to the committee. But that just makes it more understandable why Katsuto doesn't know that Tatsuya is of the Yotsuba.
I believe none of the other Master Clans' heads are supposed to know about either of the Shibas' true identities. Kazuma tried to play ignorant with Kudo in V4 before Kudo revealed he already knew Tatsuya's background. But with all the publicity Tatsuya and the 101 have now gotten and the awesome power they recently revealed, others, such as Koichi, have been getting more interested in the 101st's movements and have started to connect dots.

By the way, for those arguing about the Yotsuba line of inheritance, it's interesting to note that even though Ayako is the elder of the Kuroba twins, it's Fumiya who's the heir candidate. So it seems that Yotsuba also follows a patriarchal system.

It's possible that after the decision was made to reduce Tatsuya to a Guardian (after it was concluded that the artificial magic processor experiment was a failure), Miyuki's memories of her childhood with Tatsuya were erased to help her view Tatsuya as a tool, so all she had left were inexplicable feelings of hero worship. Before the experiment, Tatsuya was probably expressive of his affection for Miyuki and the loss of that might explain why she resented his expressionless demeanor toward her in Okinawa.

I still can't understand what the Yotsuba considered as 'failure' in Tatsuya. Sure, his magic is limited but he has ONE HECK OF A BRAIN to use it. I mean, there's a saying "A good calligrapher won't blame his brush." The potential on a person worth non if you don't know how to use it. Even if it's limited, Tatsuya can manipulate HOW he use his limited magic to various use that it doesn't seem that it's lacking.
The reasons Miya gives he cannot be accepted as a Yotsuba and heir will be translated in due course, but I doubt you'd still be able to accept her explanation anyway.  I just accept it as part of the rigid community and world the author wants us to picture.

Tatsuya is a BS Magician, his birth magic from Yotsuba DNA in heritage belongs to Non Systematic System "Mental Interference", each of They (Yotsuba Family) born with Special Magic and most probable Unique, even among rare ones or called impossible, like Miya Magic, Miyuki have the same "Mental Interference" but its close or more "adept" to slow vibrations, resulting in coldness, "cocytus" its the manifestation of mental interference in conscience level, she literally slowing your conscience to even stop, that's said, even the flesh didn't notice what happen, its said each Yotsuba have special different born magic, so each of them are unique.
As mentioned previously by ZeroUrashima from the V8 SS the magic the Yotsuba inherit is Outer-systematic Magic. Per V1 c5 this relates to mind, soul and spirit manipulation magics.  Miyuki's mother's magic manipulates one's mental structure while in the raw text Miyuki's own magic is described as one that manipulates the mind and soul. The actual Japanese words used to describe each of their magics are slightly different.  

And yet even bs magiicians are still being considered magicians and tatsuya never really displayed any mental intereference magic. At some point it's mentioned that that Tatsuya currently can make c-rank license magician at most, it makes it kinda hard to brand him as failure in accordance with the guidelines set by the Magic Federation. It would also mean that in the past he was probably even weaker(he's already kinda one of the slowest in the class). Given low survival rate of potential experiment candidates i doubt they did it with succession in mind. It's also clearly stated that servants (which include guardians) cannot become successors due to yotsuba belifes.

The Yotsuba gathered people with Outer-systematic abilities, enhanced them and used their abilities to modify the Magic Computation Area and used that to produce the Yotsuba clan. Because of that, their blood carry 2 traits and the one which is dominant is random. One is the result they wanted, the Outer-systematic Magic, Genzou, Miya and Miyuki are this type. The other is the distorted Magic Computation Area because they meddled with it too much at the production stage so it became part of their blood, Maya and Tatsuya are this type.

Tatsuya's mother Miya and their family are very archaic in their thinking and actually mention they cannot have a male heir that is unable to use 'true magic', he was demoted from being a direct Yotsuba main family member to a servant:- 'Guardian' status at the age of 6, once their experiment to try and give him the missing magical talent ended in what they saw as failure.

That is how its mentioned the traditional magical community view things in the story.

I think the government would not let him be a heir of the Yotsuba even if that is near impossible. They wouldn't let a powerful person join a powerful clan. If that happen the balance of power will change among the ten  master clans, so No they wouldn't let it happen.
He is already part of the clan.  The government gives the Master Clans special privileges because they are all really powerful and are called upon to use their power.  Werther 1 is more powerful than the other makes no difference to them as long as they they keep to their agreements. This is close enough to the stance Kazuma took when Kudo complained about the Yotsuba in V4. Its mentioned that those of 28 Tens clans that get the top 10 spots are the ones with the strongest magicians, so power struggles between them is normal.

I see your point of view but i don't see any reason one would rewrite memories of 13 years old child(1st year middle school), possible succession candidate(given her inborn "mental magic" her magic interference to it should be quite strong ). I mean even Tatsuya who we know have feelings toward his sister(well it sounds kinda creepy but you know what i mean) doesn't show them at all. I think it's more to show internal strugle than some yotsuba conspiracy but of course i can be wrong .
I also agree since their is actual mention of memory loss.  To me, Miyuki is just weird and always had strong hidden illicit feelings that she put up her own mental barriers to block out because of her mother's strict up bringing. And now in V8 for the 1st time she is allowed alot more interaction with him and gets mental cramps the more she lets these feelings emerge.

Offline 4r2r

• J-Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #3942 on: March 11, 2013, 05:32:07 PM »
Tatsuya is a BS Magician, his birth magic from Yotsuba DNA in heritage belongs to Non Systematic System "Mental Interference", each of They (Yotsuba Family) born with Special Magic and most probable Unique, even among rare ones or called impossible, like Miya Magic, Miyuki have the same "Mental Interference" but its close or more "adept" to slow vibrations, resulting in coldness, "cocytus" its the manifestation of mental interference in conscience level, she literally slowing your conscience to even stop, that's said, even the flesh didn't notice what happen, its said each Yotsuba have special different born magic, so each of them are unique.

according International standards Tatsuya birth magic classifies Him as NON MAGICIAN, Why?? cuz: 1) He couldn't perform freely other magics, due his birth magic made Him so special that's almost impossible bear another ability.
2) He cannot "create" only can dissolute or restore, above I mention Saegusa example pf creation, according International Magician Federation Magicians are people whom create, even if Tatsuya magic are really special and powerfull in the point if view He can alter permanently the Eidos and ID (no other known Magician could do), still cuz He cannot create, classifies Him as NOT MAGICIAN.

That's why He was demoted to become even Candidate, seems to me Miya try hardest to do something about, the problem was they fell short on Tats true nature and hidden abilities, they didn't understand well what really Tats birth magic mean, probably cuz their stupid pride, same as course 1 students holds against course 2, so when they though they failed, they gave the mission to guard the next Heir: Miyuki, his sister and why likely Miyuki is candidate, being woman??, well, its simple: shes from main family, Fumiya is from main family but not the same blood line.

I believe, even Tatsuya having chances to be Heir and Head of the 4th Clan, He most likely have to reject cuz His classification as Strategic Class Magician.  

And yet even bs magiicians are still being considered magicians and tatsuya never really displayed any mental intereference magic. At some point it's mentioned that that Tatsuya currently can make c-rank license magician at most, it makes it kinda hard to brand him as failure in accordance with the guidelines set by the Magic Federation. It would also mean that in the past he was probably even weaker(he's already kinda one of the slowest in the class). Given low survival rate of potential experiment candidates i doubt they did it with succession in mind. It's also clearly stated that servants (which include guardians) cannot become successors due to yotsuba belifes.

That is the position granted to Ani. I must become the heir of Maya Obaa-sama, therefore Ani is not my Onii-sama—
I stiffened due to a pain in the core of my brain.

For an instant, I felt as if I had no idea where I was.
Of course that was an illusion. I am at Kuroba Oji-sama’s party that I was invited to; in front of me, Oji-sama is making an discomfited face.
……Somehow I feel like I was thinking about something really important, however….that’s probably just my imagination.

I see your point of view but i don't see any reason one would rewrite memories of 13 years old child(1st year middle school), possible succession candidate(given her inborn "mental magic" her magic interference to it should be quite strong ). I mean even Tatsuya who we know have feelings toward his sister(well it sounds kinda creepy but you know what i mean) doesn't show them at all. I think it's more to show internal strugle than some yotsuba conspiracy but of course i can be wrong ... What would be a reason to change her memories at the age of 13 instead of raising properly ? incest ? wtf ?!

PS
Quote (selected)
I wonder then, just what does he think of me?
That question, was suddenly floating in my mind.
The answer came automatically.
Desperately, I fought against the shaking which threatened to wrack my body, stiffening myself as much as I could.

doh Then I guess it's 2:0 to your conspiracy theory :P

Offline malason13

• J-Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3941 on: March 11, 2013, 05:15:44 PM »
I think the government would not let him be a heir of the Yotsuba even if that is near impossible. They wouldn't let a powerful person join a powerful clan. If that happen the balance of power will change among the ten  master clans, so No they wouldn't let it happen.

Offline Chimurry

• J-Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #3940 on: March 11, 2013, 02:13:14 PM »
I still can't understand what the Yotsuba considered as 'failure' in Tatsuya. Sure, his magic is limited but he has ONE HECK OF A BRAIN to use it. I mean, there's a saying "A good calligrapher won't blame his brush." The potential on a person worth non if you don't know how to use it. Even if it's limited, Tatsuya can manipulate HOW he use his limited magic to various use that it doesn't seem that it's lacking.
 :study:

:megane:

:maikka:

So, with all this, Tatsuya birth Magic is capable to read directly Eidos, some like matrix codes way (try read OS or others codes to get an idea), He can interfere directly in the Information Dimension and alter what He want and this will keep forever, that's why his friends was scare when He save Isori and Kirihara, Magicians interfere with Eidos on the Information Body, alter the info to provoque desire changes, so they can extract/joint carbon and oxygen molecules, put it together and "create" carbon dioxide, slow their vibrations and becomes dry ice, like Mayumi did, all this changes will inevitable dissolute when Eidos restore the information bodies on the Information Dimension, said in other way: all doings of the Magicians are temporal, until system reviews and erase that changes made by the Magicians (thats why healing magic only help as emergency aid, cuz all work will disappear soon or later, so if you get shot and your veins was affected, yhis only will help to you in the way don't die by blood loss in site, but medical need to take care of the damaged veins), still, according International standards Tatsuya birth magic classifies Him as NON MAGICIAN, Why?? cuz: 1) He couldn't perform freely other magics, due his birth magic made Him so special that's almost impossible bear another ability.
2) He cannot "create" only can dissolute or restore, above I mention Saegusa example pf creation, according International Magician Federation Magicians are people whom create, even if Tatsuya magic are really special and powerfull in the point if view He can alter permanently the Eidos and ID (no other known Magician could do), still cuz He cannot create, classifies Him as NOT MAGICIAN.

:am:

As you known: Yotsuba Clan rank are in the higher tier of Earth, International Magic Society and on the high echelons of the 10th Master Clans, over more than 120 others Clans in Japan, which holds the old tradition involving magic, so, What you do when the awaited Candidate to be Heir and future Head of a Magicians Clan don't full fill the International requirements to acknowledged as Magician??

:golddigging: :huwah:

That's why He was demoted to become even Candidate, seems to me Miya try hardest to do something about, the problem was they fell short on Tats true nature and hidden abilities, they didn't understand well what really Tats birth magic mean, probably cuz their stupid pride, same as course 1 students holds against course 2, so when they though they failed, they gave the mission to guard the next Heir: Miyuki, his sister and why likely Miyuki is candidate, being woman??, well, its simple: shes from main family, Fumiya is from main family but not the same blood line.

:hahaha:

I believe, even Tatsuya having chances to be Heir and Head of the 4th Clan, He most likely have to reject cuz His classification as Strategic Class Magician.  

:rapeist:

EDIT: Thanks @Seitsuki for the Vol 08, 11 completion!!  :dragonspell:

Offline lyndine

• J-Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3939 on: March 11, 2013, 12:50:27 PM »
probably that's why Maya and Miya conduct experiment on Tatsuya. they still want him to be the heir candidate.

but sadly it's Failed/not good enough  :p!ssed:

Offline henzaeroz

• J-Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #3938 on: March 11, 2013, 12:42:17 PM »
By the way, for those arguing about the Yotsuba line of inheritance, it's interesting to note that even though Ayako is the elder of the Kuroba twins, it's Fumiya who's the heir candidate. So it seems that Yotsuba also follows a patriarchal system.

probably that's why Maya and Miya conduct experiment on Tatsuya. they still want him to be the heir candidate.

but sadly it's Failed/not good enough  :p!ssed:

Offline lyndine

• J-Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3937 on: March 11, 2013, 12:40:05 PM »
My basis for speculating that Miyuki had undergone some mind manipulation to mitigate an existing brother complex (from vol.8, ch.4):
Why, I am acting like I have a brother complex…….
[...]
Ani made countless small nods, the corners of his mouth rose slightly, showing a small amount of teeth — he smiled?
That person?
Despite never giving a smile like that to me…….!
[...]
That person has the position of my guard. If it is necessary, he will exchange his own life in order to fulfill his obligation to protect me as a human shield. It is only natural for that person who is a tool not to love me; I, too, must not yearn for love from that person.
I gave myself these instructions.
Like an incantation, I repeated them over and over.
Ani has the position of my guard.
He is my human shield.
That is the position granted to Ani. I must become the heir of Maya Obaa-sama, therefore Ani is not my Onii-sama—

Of course that was an illusion. I am at Kuroba Oji-sama’s party that I was invited to; in front of me, Oji-sama is making an discomfited face.
……Somehow I feel like I was thinking about something really important, however….that’s probably just my imagination.

Miyuki's thinking of Tatsuya as "Onii-sama" apparently triggered the spell, which was sufficient to wipe her memory of her train of thought.

That's quite possible. I mean, they fucked up (excuse the language but I can't find a more fitting word) the older sibling, what stop them from messing with the younger's mind also? If they can control Miyuki without her even realize it, it would make controlling Tatsuya a lot easier.

Offline Vampirecat

• J-Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #3936 on: March 11, 2013, 10:28:10 AM »
I think you try to read between the lines too much. I think they just had little interaction between each other.

My basis for speculating that Miyuki had undergone some mind manipulation to mitigate an existing brother complex (from vol.8, ch.4):
Why, I am acting like I have a brother complex…….
[...]
Ani made countless small nods, the corners of his mouth rose slightly, showing a small amount of teeth — he smiled?
That person?
Despite never giving a smile like that to me…….!
[...]
That person has the position of my guard. If it is necessary, he will exchange his own life in order to fulfill his obligation to protect me as a human shield. It is only natural for that person who is a tool not to love me; I, too, must not yearn for love from that person.
I gave myself these instructions.
Like an incantation, I repeated them over and over.
Ani has the position of my guard.
He is my human shield.

Miyuki's thinking of Tatsuya as "Onii-sama" apparently triggered the spell, which was sufficient to wipe her memory of her train of thought.

Offline Chimurry

• J-Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #3935 on: March 11, 2013, 10:24:31 AM »
I think you try to read between the lines too much. I think they just had little interaction between each other. Miyuki was raised as ojou-sama, possible next head of the yotsuba and Tatsuya (it's actualy stated: " in accordance with the guidelines set by the Magic Federation---Ani is not blessed with a talent for magic") as a failure was demoted to guardian duty and treated as nothing more than servant. In yotsuba it's belived that servants are inferior and just a disposable tool to be used. I think Miyuki evan calls it being yotsuba to the bone marrow, she most probably also was raised that way. She starts to show interest into her brother which next turns into admiration. I think that sole  purpose of this volume is to show that transformation, reason or maybe just begining for that borderline onisama fanaticism in the near future. Personaly i think that Miyuki has weak charackter and is easly influenced by others ...  spoiled ojousama archetype...

To be honest I am more interested in the contents of the experiment performed(its consequences) on tetsuya and seal that was put on him. I doesn't look like it seals any of his magic(it could seal material burst but whats the point if the one sealing it is miyuki[key next to the safe?!]and yotsuba ability to overrule goverment decision about its usage makes it hilarious, well possible but very incoherent  ). So at this point we know for sure it seals his psions, allow some degree of magic interference/interactions between siblings and Tetsuya is uneasy about mizuki ability to read "spiritual aura hidden within the body".

Before get this:
Vol 4, said Katsuto is Vice Rep of Juumongi Clan, accordance with his Heir Position, also talk brief about the 10th Master Clans Councils and Clans council (I think ch 12 or 13), when Mayumi speaks with Katsuto about the 10th Master Clans Public perception pillars strongly shaken due Ichijou being defeated by unknown individual than even its not related to a branch Family, please remember at this point they don't known about Tats being direct descendant of Yotsuba main Family, according their doctrine 10th Master Clans are supreme rulers and the power by force this point, this specially endorse by Koichi, the fact Tats was demoted as legit candidate to Heir is probably the point they all have problems and huge headaches to the current boards of Executives and even scholars, take 1st High Teachers as example: against all logic 2nd Course individual beat all course 1 en Magic artificers and to made it worse as showing their dirty laundry in public, mocking their selection roster system for 9 schools competitions, 3 course 2 boys and assembled 12 hrs prior, won newcomers Monolith Code, even against the everyone favorite: 3rd High, in Soccer its like amateur team wins over Barcelona or Real Madrid.

I think the most worry is Japan Goverment and off course Yotsuba, cuz if you see logical, many people will try scouting Tats, USNA could come with a really astounding offer to Tats, even Rozen family could just tell him: come with Us.

Its more than secure Miyuki, will assume her position as Heir when graduates, at least its the plan, after sometime She will become Head of the Family, Vol 3, Tats mention something I understand, He prefers Maya than her "replacement" and that's the main reason He don't kill His aunt, I assume Maya most likely replacement will be Mitsugo (his personality profile are dangerous ones, like seeking public acknowledge of his doings), His mother (Maya/Miya aunt) have strong power inside the Clan (according my POV She was the one replace Maya/Miya Dad until Maya become Head, something like approximately 20 years period and seeing the timeline, She was the one heading Humans experimentation's on the 4th Research Institute, Guardians program establishment and development and Human/Magicians genetics modifications to artificially upgrade their power (far I read, Yotsuba ready surpasses Saegusa and others Clans Magics specialization, like Sakurai Minami and her "Phalanx" emulation, is not weird think they ready emulate "rupture" and others), and even their system its so secret than they use others Countries?? to train and test (remember Sakurai on D7 practical Test), adding they founded "Families" which are not affiliated to the 100 Families system, so put it simple: Maya came when almost all that has been done and Tats have to be well aware all this issues, so He prefer Devil known than worse to come.   :ronin: :benkyo:

Really I wish the author introduce the Kurobane twins in Web 7 arc (We still don't known which Vol on Dengenki), far I read Ayako like Tats, probably Shes moe/tsundere and could be fun "see" their interaction with Honoka and others plus Saegusa daughters.   :twinkle: :hohoho:

Offline 4r2r

• J-Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #3934 on: March 11, 2013, 09:34:00 AM »
From vol.8, ch.4, I got the impression that Miyuki has always had a brother complex but that some mind manipulation was used on her to prevent her from considering him her "Onii-sama." It's possible that after the decision was made to reduce Tatsuya to a Guardian (after it was concluded that the artificial magic processor experiment was a failure), Miyuki's memories of her childhood with Tatsuya were erased to help her view Tatsuya as a tool, so all she had left were inexplicable feelings of hero worship. Before the experiment, Tatsuya was probably expressive of his affection for Miyuki and the loss of that might explain why she resented his expressionless demeanor toward her in Okinawa.
I think you try to read between the lines too much. I think they just had little interaction between each other. Miyuki was raised as ojou-sama, possible next head of the yotsuba and Tatsuya (it's actualy stated: " in accordance with the guidelines set by the Magic Federation---Ani is not blessed with a talent for magic") as a failure was demoted to guardian duty and treated as nothing more than servant. In yotsuba it's belived that servants are inferior and just a disposable tool to be used. I think Miyuki evan calls it being yotsuba to the bone marrow, she most probably also was raised that way. She starts to show interest into her brother which next turns into admiration. I think that sole  purpose of this volume is to show that transformation, reason or maybe just begining for that borderline onisama fanaticism in the near future. Personaly i think that Miyuki has weak charackter and is easly influenced by others ...  spoiled ojousama archetype...

To be honest I am more interested in the contents of the experiment performed(its consequences) on tetsuya and seal that was put on him. I doesn't look like it seals any of his magic(it could seal material burst but whats the point if the one sealing it is miyuki[key next to the safe?!]and yotsuba ability to overrule goverment decision about its usage makes it hilarious, well possible but very incoherent  ). So at this point we know for sure it seals his psions, allow some degree of magic interference/interactions between siblings and Tetsuya is uneasy about mizuki ability to read "spiritual aura hidden within the body".

Offline Vampirecat

• J-Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #3933 on: March 11, 2013, 07:18:55 AM »
Personally, I'm not that good with Japanese but if kanji words like "代理" is to be found in the dialog, that particular word depending in context would mean "Surrogate" or "Substitute". Does anyone who has the raw text, find the exact text passage in raw?

Edit: I just downloaded and looked at the text in Japanese, the word "代理" was in the dialog. So Katsuto isn't the actual rep. (I can't copy it out as the place I got the raw from had it scanned into images).

In which case, Katsuto's his father's alternate to the committee. But that just makes it more understandable why Katsuto doesn't know that Tatsuya is of the Yotsuba.

My theory about this point's:   There's some sort of mind manipulation/control spell casted on Miyuki at some early stage *like when they realized that Tatsuya could become a possible threat in future, so as to create a perfect shackle for this monster Miyuki's used a sacrifice and a operation were performed over "both".

From vol.8, ch.4, I got the impression that Miyuki has always had a brother complex but that some mind manipulation was used on her to prevent her from considering him her "Onii-sama." It's possible that after the decision was made to reduce Tatsuya to a Guardian (after it was concluded that the artificial magic processor experiment was a failure), Miyuki's memories of her childhood with Tatsuya were erased to help her view Tatsuya as a tool, so all she had left were inexplicable feelings of hero worship. Before the experiment, Tatsuya was probably expressive of his affection for Miyuki and the loss of that might explain why she resented his expressionless demeanor toward her in Okinawa.

Offline Medisuena

• J-Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3932 on: March 11, 2013, 05:43:16 AM »
Is it just me or is Lina's features on the cover exactly the same as Miyuki just one difference and that is she have different hairstyle and eyecolor?

Offline aespire

• J-Regular
  • Renommée: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #3931 on: March 10, 2013, 11:36:46 PM »

It isn't about Miyuki being a responsible person, it's more like Maya has "absolute confidence" that Miyuki will never ever betray Yotsuba (despite knowing that Miyuki could do that if it's for Tatsuya; I don't think they're naive enough to not understand this absolute fact.)
My theory about this point's:   There's some sort of mind manipulation/control spell casted on Miyuki at some early stage *like when they realized that Tatsuya could become a possible threat in future, so as to create a perfect shackle for this monster Miyuki's used a sacrifice and a operation were performed over "both".
The result for that : Tatsuya's now forced to be always bounded by a certain someone (Miyuki) and can only feel love/emotion for this specific person and hence can't betray her.
For Miyuki, her mind was set to always be loyal to Yotsuba, and a sort of limiter was placed to avoid her for pity/sympathies/or feel any emotion towards that can hinder their plans towards Tatsuya( it can be proved by the fact that why she despite knowing that she's the only person who's bounding him to this duty and the only one who can grant him the freedom, she somehow unable to do that *excluding her selfishness to be always with him* and whenever she tries to sort out why he's chosen as a guardian somehow due to "unknown" reasons her mind started to panic and goes completely blank before even concluding or reaching to core of the problem *various instances in previous volumes and many time in the current volume 8*
But due to that unexpected accident 3 year ago when she was revived her from near death it seems like the limiter cease functioning and thus ultimately leading to her current lovey-dovey situation then again what wasn't changed is the still existing loyalty towards the clan.
(well with this theory we can also conclude why Miyuki was chosen as "the specific person" ; Miya wasn't chosen because of her detioriting health and possible chance to die at the early age, their father wasn't chosen because of his incompatibility with magic and also possibility that he can use Tatsuya against them or for his personal plans, hence Miyuki was chosen.
As to why he was turned to be Miyuki guardian was so they can always keep him in check through her and also he's the best possible candidate to protect her from any harm and thus resulting in a  complete win-win situation for Yotsuba.      

Actually, the specific word used by Maya is that Miyuki is a dutiful person. She was "raised" to put her duties first, hence if she was to be head of Yotsuba, her character would compel her to put Yotsuba's well-being ahead (although how much what she said will come true is still not known). Whether she will "betray" Yotsuba or not is really dependent on her being the Head or not, if she is not the head of family, she will have no responsibility for the people in the family, and she will have nothing to hold her back from turning against Yotsuba if Tatsuya does. However, if she is the next head, she will be responsible for the people of the family, and her character and upbringing would not allow her to turn against them and at the very least, would cause her distress over having to choose her responsibility and duty, or her brother, which Maya is counting on the fact that Tatsuya will not do anything that will force Miyuki to have to make such a hard decision.

Replied: March 09, 2013, 03:39:16 PM
Sorry but your statement here is kind of confusing to me since you acknowledge Katsuto confirms he is the current acting representative.  I had automatically assumed it was a given the family heads are the main reps and that Katsuto was stating he is acting in place of his Family's head, maybe as preparation to take over the family's leadership or something like that.
My point was I believe Kazuma only trusted his commissioned officers with the specifics of Tats's actual background and secret magics and that even though Fujibayashi is directly connected to the master clans, the 10 families would have likely received no inside info from her because she feels little connection with the main Kudo Family. Kudo explained where his knowledge came from and it was to do with the position of authority he holds and his close familiarity with the Yotsuba twins.

Ah sorry, what I meant was that Katsuto is not the "actual" representative to the committee. He is like the Deputy rep where if his father cannot attend, he serves an envoy from his father. He still need to defer to his father's decisions rather than him making it all on his own. He might not even be in full knowledge of the going-ons within the council. I was mainly replying to the fact that people are saying that Katsuto is the actual representative to the committee.

Offline Medisuena

• J-Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3930 on: March 10, 2013, 11:33:49 PM »
Kuroba twins are a year younger then the shiba siblings so they might be in one of the magic schools during the shiba siblings second year.
If the author writes about the Nine Schools Competition during the second year we will prob find out what school they are in.

Saw no post about it so.

in the full translation it says :
Ayako-san and Fumiya-kun are one grade below me, sixth year elementary school students.
Unlike my brother and I, these two are twins. They were the same age as me, but because I was born in March and they were born in June they were in a lower grade.

Also found this at the bottom of the Mahouka Koukou No Rettousei page on baka-tsuki :
魔法科高校の劣等生(9)来訪者編<上> (March 10, 2013 ISBN 978-4-04-891423-9)

Guessing it means the new volume is going to be out today for sale.

Offline Shorya Meena

• J-Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3929 on: March 10, 2013, 09:44:43 PM »
Well, Maya said she'll make Miyuki the next head to avoid conflict against the "monster" Tatsuya, as Miyuki is a very responsible person and Tatsuya will never do anything that will cause Miyuki conflict/angst.

It isn't about Miyuki being a responsible person, it's more like Maya has "absolute confidence" that Miyuki will never ever betray Yotsuba (despite knowing that Miyuki could do that if it's for Tatsuya; I don't think they're naive enough to not understand this absolute fact.)
My theory about this point's:   There's some sort of mind manipulation/control spell casted on Miyuki at some early stage *like when they realized that Tatsuya could become a possible threat in future, so as to create a perfect shackle for this monster Miyuki's used a sacrifice and a operation were performed over "both".
The result for that : Tatsuya's now forced to be always bounded by a certain someone (Miyuki) and can only feel love/emotion for this specific person and hence can't betray her.
For Miyuki, her mind was set to always be loyal to Yotsuba, and a sort of limiter was placed to avoid her for pity/sympathies/or feel any emotion towards that can hinder their plans towards Tatsuya( it can be proved by the fact that why she despite knowing that she's the only person who's bounding him to this duty and the only one who can grant him the freedom, she somehow unable to do that *excluding her selfishness to be always with him* and whenever she tries to sort out why he's chosen as a guardian somehow due to "unknown" reasons her mind started to panic and goes completely blank before even concluding or reaching to core of the problem *various instances in previous volumes and many time in the current volume 8*
But due to that unexpected accident 3 year ago when she was revived her from near death it seems like the limiter cease functioning and thus ultimately leading to her current lovey-dovey situation then again what wasn't changed is the still existing loyalty towards the clan.
(well with this theory we can also conclude why Miyuki was chosen as "the specific person" ; Miya wasn't chosen because of her detioriting health and possible chance to die at the early age, their father wasn't chosen because of his incompatibility with magic and also possibility that he can use Tatsuya against them or for his personal plans, hence Miyuki was chosen.
As to why he was turned to be Miyuki guardian was so they can always keep him in check through her and also he's the best possible candidate to protect her from any harm and thus resulting in a  complete win-win situation for Yotsuba.     

Offline Monstratboy

• J-Addict
  • MKR's Shiba T.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3928 on: March 10, 2013, 08:10:35 PM »
Actually, I personally don't think Katsuto is the Juumonji representative to the Ten Master Clans committee.
Sorry but your statement here is kind of confusing to me since you acknowledge Katsuto confirms he is the current acting representative.  I had automatically assumed it was a given the family heads are the main reps and that Katsuto was stating he is acting in place of his Family's head, maybe as preparation to take over the family's leadership or something like that.

but Kudou know Tatsuya is one of the Yotsuba, doesn't it ?
My point was I believe Kazuma only trusted his commissioned officers with the specifics of Tats's actual background and secret magics and that even though Fujibayashi is directly connected to the master clans, the 10 families would have likely received no inside info from her because she feels little connection with the main Kudo Family. Kudo explained where his knowledge came from and it was to do with the position of authority he holds and his close familiarity with the Yotsuba twins.

Offline aespire

• J-Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #3927 on: March 10, 2013, 05:21:21 PM »

From vol.7, ch.10:
"So you must be that Major Kazama. I am the Juumonji Family's representative to the Master Clan Conference, Juumonji Katsuto."

Quote from a later text:
This was not the time to allow independent action. Still, Fujibayashi did not immediately reject Katsuto's request and asked him the reason for this course of action.
"To the side branch of the Magic Association. Although I'm only a surrogate, I am still a representative of the Master Clans Conference and must fulfill my responsibilities as a member of the Magic Association."

The line you quoted, in other language translations I have read, the word "Surrogate" or "Substitute" was included in that particular scene. I'm not sure if it was left out accidentally or something but as far as I can tell, Katsuto is not the main representative but a Surrogate for the actual rep. So if translated into english, the actual dialog is:
"So you must be that Major Kazama. I am the Juumonji Family's surrogate/substitute representative to the Master Clan Conference, Juumonji Katsuto."

I highly doubt the author would write that he is the substitute in one scene and the actual rep in another.

Personally, I'm not that good with Japanese but if kanji words like "代理" is to be found in the dialog, that particular word depending in context would mean "Surrogate" or "Substitute". Does anyone who has the raw text, find the exact text passage in raw?

Edit: I just downloaded and looked at the text in Japanese, the word "代理" was in the dialog. So Katsuto isn't the actual rep. (I can't copy it out as the place I got the raw from had it scanned into images).

Offline sbnull

• J-Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3926 on: March 10, 2013, 05:05:48 PM »
Are there any summaries for the last chapter of web arc 4? The one with mayumi and the saegusas? Is it included in volume 8? :huh:

Offline Vampirecat

• J-Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #3925 on: March 10, 2013, 07:09:19 AM »
you mean anyone who is representative to the committee for the Ten Master Clans would  probably know about that ?  :huh:

No, I think that Kudou found out about Tatsuya's identity (Yotsuba) because the details of the Okinawa incident were reported to the committee for the Ten Master Clans at the time when Kudou was its chairman. Probably only those who were members of the committee then know about Tatsuya; their replacements (like Katsuto) might not have been briefed since Tatsuya hadn't done anything noteworthy in the meantime. Also, the matters put before the committee might be top secret (since Katsuto's membership in the committee was apparently a secret), so there might be rules against discussing those matters outside the committee.  :huh:

Actually, I personally don't think Katsuto is the Juumonji representative to the Ten Master Clans committee. For one thing, you have to remember that he is the "heir" to be the next head of clan, just like Ichijou. It is highly likely that the current representative to the committee are their fathers, not themselves (although they are mature for their age, they are still not adults, don't you think it'll be their fathers on the committee rather than 2 teenagers/young adults?). Whats more, Katsuto was acting (in the 9 school battle) on the expressed "opinion" of the committee, he wasn't involved in the discussion at all. If he was actually on the committee, shouldn't he have been "called in" for the meeting?

From vol.7, ch.10:
"So you must be that Major Kazama. I am the Juumonji Family's representative to the Master Clan Conference, Juumonji Katsuto."

Offline malason13

• J-Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3924 on: March 10, 2013, 02:42:25 AM »
Tatsuya will soon realize the important of connection of his family and use it to better protect Miyuki. And to erase anyone who stand in his way!! :wahaha: :wahaha: :wahaha: :wahaha: :wahaha: :wahaha: :wahaha: :wahaha: :wahaha: :wahaha: :wahaha: :wahaha: :wahaha: :wahaha: :wahaha: :wahaha: :wahaha: :wahaha: :wahaha:

Offline aespire

• J-Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #3923 on: March 10, 2013, 02:41:35 AM »
When exactly told the author this? In the Afterword of the Novels? Or just some speculation from the readers?
Well, Maya said she'll make Miyuki the next head to avoid conflict against the "monster" Tatsuya, as Miyuki is a very responsible person and Tatsuya will never do anything that will cause Miyuki conflict/angst.

Offline Crushow

• J-Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3922 on: March 09, 2013, 06:49:45 PM »
Quote (selected)
The Kurobane twins strike me as tools at the moments. They're agents, not masterminds. In fact, Tatsuya seems to be the best choice for heir, personality-wise. He's definitely a mastermind. Since the author said that the Tatsuya vs Yotsuba conflict isn't going to happen, Tatsuya might end up Yotsuba.

When exactly told the author this? In the Afterword of the Novels? Or just some speculation from the readers?

Offline henzaeroz

• J-Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #3921 on: March 09, 2013, 06:01:14 PM »
I am not trying to grumble but there is definitly some place for improvement here. As for Kuroba twins i think there is some place for big juicy story arc here filled with power strugle inside Yotsuba family over succession  ... don't you think ?

yes, Probably the Kuroba twins father will do that  :XD:

The Kurobane twins strike me as tools at the moments. They're agents, not masterminds. In fact, Tatsuya seems to be the best choice for heir, personality-wise. He's definitely a mastermind. Since the author said that the Tatsuya vs Yotsuba conflict isn't going to happen, Tatsuya might end up Yotsuba.
of course Tats is the best option, but for now the plot don't allowed that to happen.
the other Candidate, the twins have a better chance and capabilities since miyuki don't act like one  :XD:

Offline aespire

• J-Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #3920 on: March 09, 2013, 04:57:05 PM »
Do you mean the line where he said he is in V7 is mistranslated on B-T?

And the 9 schools competition was in the summer, reasonable explanations could be
1. they had the meeting without him as he was busy(the meeting itself seems it was only held in response to the outcome of Tatsuya and Ichijou's fight).
2. he took over as the representative after the 9 schools competition.
The only part I remember is that he said he is a surrogate representative to them, he isn't the actual representative.

It can be that when his father is busy, as the heir, he has the right to represent his father in the meetings when he is not available. It doesn't really mean he is a full time member of the committee. Ultimately, he will still need to defer to the actual representative to the committee (who likely is the father and/or current head of family, not sure if there is a grandfather or not that might be the head etc).

Offline Chimurry

• J-Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #3919 on: March 09, 2013, 04:52:22 PM »

And the 9 schools competition was in the summer, reasonable explanations could be
1. they had the meeting without him as he was busy(the meeting itself seems it was only held in response to the outcome of Tatsuya and Ichijou's fight).

I think is mostly information of the composition of the 10th Master Clans Council, looks to me there's each Numbered Families could send representative, from the 10th Master have more authority, like differences between House representative and Senate, and they could send designated Heirs as "auxiliary" with leaning purposes, other scheme could be as UN works: each Country send Ambassadors as regular, UN Security Council model as 10th Master Clans, depend of importance of the meeting, could attend ambassador (Clan representative), chancellor (Heir) or President (Clan Head) and finally 10th Master Clans Chairman as Executive and representative from Japan Magic Organization (like some kind of CEO), if you see, each level have information restrictions, the Chairman (CEO) is on top and there to down, but being Head Clan or Heir doesn't guarantee You have free information access, note as Koichi is 7th Clan Head, however he couldn't broke 101st Top secret seal, far he knows who is the Commander and is a bunch of talented Combat Magicians, adding the fact each Clan protect their secrecy from others, even if technically allowed to others access some levels of their information.

Offline Monstratboy

• J-Addict
  • MKR's Shiba T.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3918 on: March 09, 2013, 04:31:36 PM »