Funds $75 | Needed $120
Like the community? Enjoy reading manga?
Then click on the small donation banner! Thx!

68%

Author Topic: Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei vol.01-17+ (Old Thread)  (Read 1780739 times)

Offline voltase

• Hi SUp
  • J-Starter
  • Renommée: 0
  • tsuntsun-derederedere UNIVERSEEE!!!!
    • View Profile
    • LMS translate Indonesia
Re: Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei (novel) vol 1-4+
« Reply #6067 on: September 16, 2013, 02:24:21 AM »
Whsie - Thanks for the update on the Hattori Fight.
Sorry, please read the forum rules to see why you can't view spoilers and why you can't post in this forum section. Thank you!

Anyways, for the spoiler summaries!
Sorry, please read the forum rules to see why you can't view spoilers and why you can't post in this forum section. Thank you!

All-Years Competition (Part 1)

First Year's Competition

All-Years Competition (Part 2)
[spoiler=Day 9 (8/11)]Mirage Bat Semifinals – Miyuki was participating in place of Mari for the Fairy Dance, a nickname for the Mirage Bat event due to the contestants wearing fairy costumes, due to Mari's injury. Her match was the second of the day, and so she decided to watch the match with Tatsuya. During the match, 1st School was doing well, but suddenly, the representative's magic stopped working while the girl was in midair. Though she was physically safe, the fear she held forced her out of the competition, and possibly would prevent her from using magic again due to psychological trauma.

Tatsuya shortly received a call from Mikihiko. Mizuki, feeling guilty about not helping during previous accidents, decided to remove her glasses with Mikihiko using magic to reduce the strain on her eyes. When the girl fell, Mizuki noticed a small spark from the CAD. Since neither Tatsuya nor Mikihiko felt anything, it was likely due to an equipment failure. After complimenting Mizuki, Tatsuya headed towards where equipment was inspected while Miyuki was preparing for her turn.

Tatsuya picked up Miyuki's CAD, which was checked by tournament staff to ensure a CAD falls within regulations, and noticed a problem with it as soon as he picked it up. Realizing it was tampered with, he grabbed the staff member who had given him the CAD and pinned him down. As the security staff approached, he mentioned to the restrained staff member that he noticed the CAD was tampered with. With a large killing intent which held the security staff at bay, Tatsuya threatened the man with a knife-hand stance. Despite thinking that Tatsuya might kill the man, they could not move out of fear from his killing intent.

Kudou suddenly entered the room, asking about the situation at hand. Tatsuya, who respected Kudou, let his killing intent vanish and apologized for the scene he was causing. He proceeded to explain that the staff member had tampered with Miyuki's CAD and that he was interrogating him. As a security staff member was attempting to grab Tatsuya, another who had been close enough to hear what Tatsuya said prevented it. Kudou took the CAD and inspected it, learning that something similar had occurred in war which resulted in the deaths of many of his comrades. A virus which intercepted the signals between the CAD and magician, preventing magic activation all together, was implanted. He inquired as to whether Tatsuya was aware of such a thing, to which Tatsuya responded that he did not know of it, but was only aware that something had changed in the CAD he had tuned.

After security had captured the suspect, Kudou reprimanded the tournament director for allowing a criminal to sneak in amongst the staff and got permission for Miyuki to use a CAD that had been used before and was guaranteed not to malfunction. Congratulating Tatsuya on his victory and hoping for another meeting with him, Kudou sent Tatsuya on his way to watch the match.

When Tatsuya returned to his school tent, everyone looked at him with wariness, since Mayumi had received notice that he had used violence against a staff member. Miyuki, crying and blaming herself, explained that he only became angry when it came to matters dealing with her. Getting a general grasp of the situation, Mayumi diffused the situation.

The second round of Mirage Bat was beginning with Miyuki taking the place of the injured Mari in the All-Grades competition. Though she was on par with the other representatives, due to her inexperience in the event, she was put in disadvantageous situations, forcing her to lose points. During a half-time break, Miyuki asked Tatsuya if she could use a tool Tatsuya originally wanted to save for the Finals. Seeing her determination to win, he allowed her to use it.

During the second half of the round, she took the tool, a single switch CAD, and jumped into the air; however, instead of needing to go down to the ground, she remained in the sky. The crowd was surprised to see the Flight CAD created by Taurus Silver only a month ago being used. Since it was a device not available to the public, she overwhelmed all opposition and won. Afterward, the CAD was confiscated so the tournament staff could “check” to make sure it fit regulations.

Azusa had become depressed and fearful upon hearing the news of Tatsuya using violence, since she knew he was a person who would not hesitate to use force if he had a reason. However, when Tatsuya explained what had happened before leaving to meet with Miyuki. All the engineers present were surprised at the events which had happened without them knowing it, especially the engineer who tuned the CAD of the girl from the first round, since her missing that fact caused the representative to fall and potentially lose all ability to perform magic again.

All the engineers had suffered a blow to their pride, even Azusa who was the only Engineer present who knew he was Silver and knew it was pointless to compare herself to him. Though Tatsuya's scores were poor, his practical application and real-life knowledge of magic far surpassed everyone else, and she felt the grading system had become more or less useless.

As Azusa was pondering to herself, Mayumi came in and talked to her in private, saying Azusa shouldn't compare herself to “that,” referring to Tatsuya in a crude but kind manner. Mayumi admitted that she was frustrated that Tatsuya had surpassed everyone, which surprised Azusa, who thought Mayumi would still be above Tatsuya. Though it frustrated her, Mayumi accepted how things stood and thought it would be good, since “Blooms” are often overly prideful, though they are only superior in terms of the practical exam. This surprised Azusa, as she had never heard that the Course division was based purely on that exam.

Mayumi then explains the origins of the system. In the early years of the Magic Schools, only 100 students were accepted. The government had mandated that they take another 100 students so the schools could supplement the government with more magic personnel. Due to the lack of teachers, however, the curriculum was changed so that the 1st Years, the new students, were to learn theory only and the 2nd Years and above were to learn practical magic. The uniforms, too, had to be ordered in haste and as such had no school badge. As a result of these two things and a misunderstanding of the order to “Supplement” more magic personnel, the Course 1/Course 2 system became what it is at the present time. The discrimination that came from attending the school was all due to a misunderstanding, which both Mayumi and Azusa thought was something Miyuki shouldn't be made aware of.

After her victory in the second match Miyuki needed to rest due to the energy consumption required by Flight magic. Miyuki refused to sleep unless Tatsuya stayed with her. Accepting the condition, he held her hand as she slept and thought about his past.

The two had only lived as siblings for 3 years prior to entering High School because contact between the two had been restricted, and though he had not known her, he still felt love for her, something he believes is the only natural feeling remaining in him. He is also aware that when it comes to her, he does not lose his mind but consciously decides his actions, even if his actions would be considered overboard. After seeing the data on the CAD interference, Tatsuya decided the only befitting punishment for attempting to injure her was death.

As Miyuki was resting, members of the Headless Dragon crime syndicate were panicking as their plans had failed. They decided to use their backup plan, a “Generator” placed in the guest seats. A “Generator” is a technician robbed of his or her will and forced to use strong magic. The Generator they planted was ordered to kill as many guests as possible before the Finals were held. The Generator attacked a man who had passed by, choosing him as the first victim, but the magic was dodged. The man launched the Generator down to the field where 2 other technicians lay in wait. All 3 of them were members of Tatsuya's Squadron,  and with them as his opponent, the Generator was apprehended.

Mirage Bat Finals - After Miyuki woke up, she had felt much better than before. Mayumi asked if she had slept on a hotel bed, implying that she may have known what happened, but the match began before Tatsuya had to reply. As the signal for the match began, Miyuki took flight, only to notice that all other representatives now had the abi

Offline pham_hoanglinh

• J-Starter
    • View Profile
Re: Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei vol.01-11+
« Reply #6066 on: September 15, 2013, 11:25:43 PM »
DAMNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN GUYSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS, MAHOUKA JUST GOT A NEW WEB DOMAIN.
Domain name registered but no official confirmation yet.
but Im smelling animeee
http://0taku.livedoor.biz/archives/4535633.html

Offline OnyxObsidian

• J-Hero
  • Renommée: 55
    • View Profile
« Reply #6065 on: September 15, 2013, 07:54:00 PM »
Nakura is the Saegesa Extra butler right?
Yes, he is from the Extra family that was once 'Nanakura' that is now serving as Mayumi's bodyguard/ Saegusa butler/ odd job man

Offline NoLife222

• J-Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6064 on: September 15, 2013, 07:08:35 PM »
Nakura is the Saegesa Extra butler right?

Offline blackwhite67

• J-Addict
  • Renommée: 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #6063 on: September 15, 2013, 10:08:29 AM »
Looking forward to volume 12.

Offline tonyorobsky

• Expert of the 9 ancestral arts
  • J-Addict
  • Renommée: 41
    • View Profile
« Reply #6062 on: September 15, 2013, 09:31:12 AM »
I'm of the same opinion that Mayumi is unaware of what specifically her father is doing and by extension, Nakura in this regard.  Based on the vampire arc, Mayumi knew that her father was meddling with the affairs of the Yotsuba but did not seem to be privy to the details.  This is just my impression from her dealings with Juumonji.

Now I'm worried about her, because she trust Nakura very much (I think), and if the Yotsuba get news that Mayumi's "butler" got involved with the troublemakers it won't be good for her. I wonder how she and/or Tatsuya will react if either of them get the news...

So, the tension is rising between the Saegusa, the Yotsuba and the ant-magicians, with possible intervention from the Juumonji, and aside from that, some little matters with the Chiba... and many other little things
Things will get really lively...

Offline boyprangko

• J-Recruit
  • Renommée: 30
    • View Profile
« Reply #6061 on: September 15, 2013, 05:46:22 AM »

Cool, so Blanche is ready to start a war between magician vs non magician, right ?

I'm unsure as I'm unsure what group Shuu represents

Replied: September 15, 2013, 05:51:52 AM
@boyprangko

Thanks for the traduction!!
I must have missed something in Double Seven because I'm surprised by Nakura's actions. Just to be sure, it's an action he took without Mayumi knowing right??

I'm of the same opinion that Mayumi is unaware of what specifically her father is doing and by extension, Nakura in this regard.  Based on the vampire arc, Mayumi knew that her father was meddling with the affairs of the Yotsuba but did not seem to be privy to the details.  This is just my impression from her dealings with Juumonji.

Offline Monstratboy

• J-Addict
  • Renommée: 28
  • MKR's Shiba T.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6060 on: September 15, 2013, 05:36:53 AM »
That's the thing, I agree with you, he was clearing one facility after the next for 6 months. ALL Tatsuya has to do was use Regrowth ONCE every day, just ONCE, I believe that each magician has a limit before which using a spell won't do any harm at ALL to his lifespan, and it can't be ONE USAGE, you're just looking at Regrowth that way because it's such an amazing ability but the truth is, Material Burst is even more difficult and I also believe that because he was a BS magician, it's like he is "configured" specially for the use of this magic. Using a high level magic once a day isn't what's going to kill someone, and if we're gonna go by such a standard then shouldn't Miyuki be already dead since she's been sealing Tatsuya's power through a powerful mental magic for the past 3 years ?
So yeah, in my opinion for someone's lifespan to decrease, they have to either keep spamming high level magic in great quantity for months to years, or if they go beyond their level even further in a short time like in the case of Sakurai, IF Regrowth and such were actually threatening Tatsuya's life span on EVERY single use, Miyuki would be trying her utmost to never let him fight and Tatsuya himself wouldn't be spamming his magic without any care in the world(He doesn't want to die and leave Miyuki alone and make her sad).
I definietely understand your view but I still see things differently regarding what results from overuse of one's most powerful magics.

You've mentioned Miyuki and are assuming that she might be using her magic contstantly on Tatsuya and should have died already if my suggestion about overuse applied. When she might die depends on her individual limits and overuse doesn't mean instant death, since Miya only died in her 40s. She was stated to only have been hospitalised in her 20s and still lived more than another decade and a half after that. That means she was abusing her ability for a decade before she had to cut back.

Also I don't belive Miyuki is actually using magic constantly and that the seal is a one time magic application thing. I believe it is only her magic control that is tied up when holding back Tatsuya's power and that she always has access to her full magic power even when the seal is in place.

And there are many things Miyuki would like to happen to protect her brother and we already knows she doesn't like when he must use restoration. However Tatsuya will do what he has to do.  Miyuki still doesn't have the power yet to prevent others using Tatsuya's abilities and she is not the one suggesting Tatsuya use restoration everyday.

Also comparing Restoration to MB is not really relevant, since what were talking about is constant use of powerful unique magic.  Unless you are stating Restoration isn't a powerful unique magic.  I personally also don't believe MB is more difficult or takes more effort since he targets very small objects and from what I read in v8, the description of the effort he put towards using MB for the 1st time was not much compared to the effort and time noted when he used restoration on another person for the 1st time.

Offline tonyorobsky

• Expert of the 9 ancestral arts
  • J-Addict
  • Renommée: 41
    • View Profile
« Reply #6059 on: September 15, 2013, 05:30:54 AM »
@boyprangko

Thanks for the traduction!!
I must have missed something in Double Seven because I'm surprised by Nakura's actions. Just to be sure, it's an action he took without Mayumi knowing right??

Offline faraway

• J-Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6058 on: September 15, 2013, 04:38:44 AM »

Completely off topic, but for practice, I decided to translate the Epilogue of the Double Seven Arc.  Primarily because I thought that no one would have done so and it's pretty short.  I've included the Japanese as well and would appreciate any corrections as my understanding may not be as good as I would like.

So....

Cool, so Blanche is ready to start a war between magician vs non magician, right ?

Offline boyprangko

• J-Recruit
  • Renommée: 30
    • View Profile
« Reply #6057 on: September 15, 2013, 04:31:16 AM »
Completely off topic, but for practice, I decided to translate the Epilogue of the Double Seven Arc.  Primarily because I thought that no one would have done so and it's pretty short.  I've included the Japanese as well and would appreciate any corrections as my understanding may not be as good as I would like.

So....

Offline Rune.

• J-Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6056 on: September 14, 2013, 09:20:36 PM »
I was just referring to it picking seemingly random people. I don't believe that the system is sentient. It probably just chooses new operators when the old ones die.

I see.
Hopefully the author will explain how the system works in the future, along with the purpose of the Seven Sages.

Allowing the use of the Hliðskjálf to seven seemingly unrelated people is something worthy of suspicion, after all.

Offline NoLife222

• J-Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6055 on: September 14, 2013, 06:43:48 PM »
I was just referring to it picking seemingly random people. I don't believe that the system is sentient. It probably just chooses new operators when the old ones die.

I won't be surprise the system could be sentient though. I am now simply waiting for the day Tatsuya jack the system.

Offline blackwhite67

• J-Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #6054 on: September 14, 2013, 06:09:07 PM »
We can only hope, heh.
Anyway, is the existence of the Seven Mages public knowledge? Because I'm pretty sure that they will have a lot of problems if that were so.

Can you elaborate on this "ridiculous method"?
Does the fact that the Hlidskjalf chooses its operators mean that it can simply stop functioning for, let's say Maya or Raymond, if it deems them unworthy of its functions?

Offline NoLife222

• J-Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6053 on: September 14, 2013, 04:54:56 PM »
I'm confused about the translation of chapter 16 on baka-tsuki. It's saying one of the parasites was the one using pseudo-teleportation, but for a while now most people have been saying it was Ayako, I think?, Tatsuya's cousin who had that ability. Was it messed up in the translations or is it that both Ayako and one of the parasites have it?

The parasites use some sort of high speed movement which looks like teleport. Ayako abilities is somewhat to create a tunnel of vacuum or somewhat , cover the body with a inertia free barrier and travel in high speed through the tunnel to destination. (the chinese translation always confuse me)

P.S. True teleport is said to be impossible both in theory and practicability in the novel.

Offline drinkicetea

• J-Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6052 on: September 14, 2013, 01:54:07 PM »
I'm confused about the translation of chapter 16 on baka-tsuki. It's saying one of the parasites was the one using pseudo-teleportation, but for a while now most people have been saying it was Ayako, I think?, Tatsuya's cousin who had that ability. Was it messed up in the translations or is it that both Ayako and one of the parasites have it?

Offline Jirachier

• J-Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #6051 on: September 14, 2013, 01:47:31 PM »
Genzou was already at his limits. He was moving fine up to that point.  You're assuming its the first time he has killed so many and used so much magic in the short amount of time it took to clear that fortress. I'm assuming its because he's been killing hundreds of people over six months and that its not actually the 1st time he's killed many and cleared out a large facility like that. Only the last time. My point with Genzou is that he was fine throughout the entire 6 month massacre until he reached that limit, so I don't believe a magician would actually notice it until they're already broken.

And I have never suggested Tatsuya has already reached his own limit and is currently dying of magic overuse. I am only pointing out that others in his family died before they should, due to overusing their unique magics. If Tatsuya does the same with restoration, the constant use part, I believe his life span would shorten. Maybe not as quickly as the other's if its only once a day, but I'm assuming he may actually live longer without remaking his entire body everyday.

That's the thing, I agree with you, he was clearing one facility after the next for 6 months. ALL Tatsuya has to do was use Regrowth ONCE every day, just ONCE, I believe that each magician has a limit before which using a spell won't do any harm at ALL to his lifespan, and it can't be ONE USAGE, you're just looking at Regrowth that way because it's such an amazing ability but the truth is, Material Burst is even more difficult and I also believe that because he was a BS magician, it's like he is "configured" specially for the use of this magic. Using a high level magic once a day isn't what's going to kill someone, and if we're gonna go by such a standard then shouldn't Miyuki be already dead since she's been sealing Tatsuya's power through a powerful mental magic for the past 3 years ?
So yeah, in my opinion for someone's lifespan to decrease, they have to either keep spamming high level magic in great quantity for months to years, or if they go beyond their level even further in a short time like in the case of Sakurai, IF Regrowth and such were actually threatening Tatsuya's life span on EVERY single use, Miyuki would be trying her utmost to never let him fight and Tatsuya himself wouldn't be spamming his magic without any care in the world(He doesn't want to die and leave Miyuki alone and make her sad).

Offline Monstratboy

• J-Addict
  • MKR's Shiba T.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6050 on: September 14, 2013, 01:05:14 PM »
Genzou was barely hanging on, he even collapsed or whatever, Tatsuya just kept going without any problem, there wasn't a single instance shown where Tatsuya started to get dizzy or feel like he's going to die.
Also even if you're trying to use Genzou as an example, the reason he also died from magic overuse is because he used his unique mental magic many times in a short period of time and he exceeded his own limit, not because he was using Grim Reaper once a day.
Genzou was already at his limits. He was moving fine up to that point.  You're assuming its the first time he has killed so many and used so much magic in the short amount of time it took to clear that fortress. I'm assuming its because he's been killing hundreds of people over six months and that its not actually the 1st time he's killed many and cleared out a large facility like that. Only the last time. My point with Genzou is that he was fine throughout the entire 6 month massacre until he reached that limit, so I don't believe a magician would actually notice it until they're already broken.

And I have never suggested Tatsuya has already reached his own limit and is currently dying of magic overuse. I am only pointing out that others in his family died before they should, due to overusing their unique magics. If Tatsuya does the same with restoration, the constant use part, I believe his life span would shorten. Maybe not as quickly as the other's if its only once a day, but I'm assuming he may actually live longer without remaking his entire body everyday.

Offline Jirachier

• J-Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #6049 on: September 14, 2013, 11:45:59 AM »
It makes perfect sense. You're assuming Tatsuya didn't burn away a large amount of his life force in the the Yokohama arc. I'm pretty sure he did. From Genzou's scene in v8 he was fine and continued fighting right up until he reached his breaking limit.

Genzou was barely hanging on, he even collapsed or whatever, Tatsuya just kept going without any problem, there wasn't a single instance shown where Tatsuya started to get dizzy or feel like he's going to die.
Also even if you're trying to use Genzou as an example, the reason he also died from magic overuse is because he used his unique mental magic many times in a short period of time and he exceeded his own limit, not because he was using Grim Reaper once a day.

Offline Rune.

• J-Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6048 on: September 14, 2013, 11:30:30 AM »
Hlidskjalf: its the name of Odin's throne.  This author sure is a fan of all sorts of mythology.

The sages are their own independent group.  As Raymond said they have no link to each other, but I don't believe for a single second that their selection was entirely random.  The three known sages are Maya, Raymond, and Jiedo Heigu.  The other four are unknown.  Maya and Jiedo are two of the most influential mages in the world, and, of course, some random highschool kid.  Even Raymond's full influence and abilities are a mystery.

I wonder if it might be some sort of bizarre gambit.  It could be a conceived method to keep tabs on highly powerful magicians within societies.  Most likely there is some grand scheme involved but who knows.

We can only hope, heh.
Anyway, is the existence of the Seven Mages public knowledge? Because I'm pretty sure that they will have a lot of problems if that were so.

Considering Hlidskjalf's unknown origins and ridiculous method of choosing it's operators, do you think it may be somehow connected to Tatsuya? I'm not saying he made it or anything like that, but something just tells me that he's related somehow.

Can you elaborate on this "ridiculous method"?
Does the fact that the Hlidskjalf chooses its operators mean that it can simply stop functioning for, let's say Maya or Raymond, if it deems them unworthy of its functions?

Offline Monstratboy

• J-Addict
  • MKR's Shiba T.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6047 on: September 14, 2013, 11:01:28 AM »
hat doesn't make sense, just because a magic like Regrowth seems like such an amazing and extremely powerful doesn't necessarily make it have a lifespan shortening effect. When he fought in the wars he probably used it like a hundred times in that single day, if 1 day of regrowth was truly overuse then using it 100 in a row would've definitely killed him, not to mention all the other high level magic he used in that same battle such as Mist Dispersion, once the battle ended Tatsuya didn't seem to have any effect on his body.
I would agree that MAYBE if Tatsuya was fighting on a daily basis like he did in the war there would be a chance that his lifespan will decrease, but using his high level magics just a few times a day, magics that were made specifically for his use considering his innate talent wouldn't pose any threat on his health.
It makes perfect sense. You're assuming Tatsuya didn't burn away a large amount of his life force in the the Yokohama arc. I'm pretty sure he did. From Genzou's scene in v8 he was fine and continued fighting right up until he reached his breaking limit.

Offline NoLife222

• J-Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6046 on: September 14, 2013, 06:32:27 AM »
I always wonder will Tatsuya solve the 3 great puzzle- perpetual motion device? Or does the perpetual motion device play a role in his final goal?

Offline Dizzle

• J-Recruit
  • Renommée: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #6045 on: September 14, 2013, 05:03:52 AM »
I concur, but you know it may be that that Blanche leader became an operator before he started Blanche. He may have used his power as an operator to start Blanche. This could also apply to other operators. They may have been nobodies until they became operators.Considering Hlidskjalf's unknown origins and ridiculous method of choosing it's operators, do you think it may be somehow connected to Tatsuya? I'm not saying he made it or anything like that, but something just tells me that he's related somehow.

Its entirely possible.  I was thinking Tatsuya was somehow connected to that joint FAE lab.  His father was using him as a "repair robot" for a long time.  Combine that with his otherwise absurd knowledge about the subject.  Tatsuya has mentioned in story that there are things in the world he doesn't know mainly because he hasn't been exposed to them yet.  I feel he was definitely involved in that original FAE project somehow.  The one I feel also might be connected to Hlidskjalf is actually Fujibayashi Kyouko.  Its machinations seem right up her alley.

But until we know when Hlidskjalf was truly introduced, it is all up in the air.  The technology could be decades old (which I doubt), or it could be as recent as a few years old.  Given Raymond's age, it is more likely to be a fairly recent technology.  At the very least, within the past 10 years of the story.  It could be another one of those recent "loop cast" based technologies.  Taurus Silver honestly allows Tatsuya to be involved in most any form of technology within the story.

It's true that powerful magic puts strain on the brain and takes a toll on the body, but Tatsuya's abilities are optimized for using his unique magic. I think that the strain magic takes on a person varies from person to person. I'm under the impression that using Mist Dispersal and Regrowth is just as easy as breathing for Tatsuya.

I concur.  He did go on a 30 minute long decomposition/reconstruction rampage, and it didn't even seem to tire him out.  Oh, and at the end of it all, he released a colossal explosion.  Tatsuya seems to have absolute control and precision in terms of his magic.  Many characters in the story have remarked on this.  It is likely any backlash he receives from his own magic has been greatly minimized.

Miya's problems could have easily stemmed from mental interference magic seemingly having an extraordinary backlash against the users own mind.  Genzou and Miya both broke from overusing it.  And Miya suffered aftereffects from Tatsuya's experiment.  Itsuwa Mio's problems could stem from a genetic disorder.  We just aren't really giving anything besides vague information about the overuse of magic and its repercussions at this point.  Sakurai Honami was genetically engineered, and Tatsuya had said that those types are often unstable.

Offline blackwhite67

• J-Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #6044 on: September 14, 2013, 04:26:50 AM »
Hlidskjalf: its the name of Odin's throne.  This author sure is a fan of all sorts of mythology.

The sages are their own independent group.  As Raymond said they have no link to each other, but I don't believe for a single second that their selection was entirely random.  The three known sages are Maya, Raymond, and Jiedo Heigu.  The other four are unknown.  Maya and Jiedo are two of the most influential mages in the world, and, of course, some random highschool kid.  Even Raymond's full influence and abilities are a mystery.

I wonder if it might be some sort of bizarre gambit.  It could be a conceived method to keep tabs on highly powerful magicians within societies.  Most likely there is some grand scheme involved but who knows.

I concur, but you know it may be that that Blanche leader became an operator before he started Blanche. He may have used his power as an operator to start Blanche. This could also apply to other operators. They may have been nobodies until they became operators.

Considering Hlidskjalf's unknown origins and ridiculous method of choosing it's operators, do you think it may be somehow connected to Tatsuya? I'm not saying he made it or anything like that, but something just tells me that he's related somehow.

That doesn't make sense, just because a magic like Regrowth seems like such an amazing and extremely powerful doesn't necessarily make it have a lifespan shortening effect. When he fought in the wars he probably used it like a hundred times in that single day, if 1 day of regrowth was truly overuse then using it 100 in a row would've definitely killed him, not to mention all the other high level magic he used in that same battle such as Mist Dispersion, once the battle ended Tatsuya didn't seem to have any effect on his body.
I would agree that MAYBE if Tatsuya was fighting on a daily basis like he did in the war there would be a chance that his lifespan will decrease, but using his high level magics just a few times a day, magics that were made specifically for his use considering his innate talent wouldn't pose any threat on his health.

It's true that powerful magic puts strain on the brain and takes a toll on the body, but Tatsuya's abilities are optimized for using his unique magic. I think that the strain magic takes on a person varies from person to person. I'm under the impression that using Mist Dispersal and Regrowth is just as easy as breathing for Tatsuya.

Offline Jirachier

• J-Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #6043 on: September 14, 2013, 03:58:39 AM »
All the info we know about them is only what's mentioned be Raymond in v11 c16.
I don't know about Mio, but it was was actually clearly stated in the novel Miya ruined herself by overusing her mental interference magic.

Also Miyuki was worried in v10 that Tatsuya might be shortening his lifespan, when he was showing signs of fatigue trying to develop his new anti-vamp technique.

I don't know what Tatsuya's actual limits might be, but using magic as complex and powerful as restoration everyday seems like overuse to me.

That doesn't make sense, just because a magic like Regrowth seems like such an amazing and extremely powerful doesn't necessarily make it have a lifespan shortening effect. When he fought in the wars he probably used it like a hundred times in that single day, if 1 day of regrowth was truly overuse then using it 100 in a row would've definitely killed him, not to mention all the other high level magic he used in that same battle such as Mist Dispersion, once the battle ended Tatsuya didn't seem to have any effect on his body.

Offline faraway

• J-Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6042 on: September 14, 2013, 02:54:10 AM »
All the info we know about them is only what's mentioned be Raymond in v11 c14.
I don't know about Mio, but it was was actually clearly stated in the novel Miya ruined herself by overusing her mental interference magic.

Also Miyuki was worried in v10 that Tatsuya might be shortening his lifespan, when he was showing signs of fatigue trying to develop his new anti-vamp technique.

I don't know what Tatsuya's actual limits might be, but using magic as complex and powerful as restoration everyday seems like overuse to me.

he can use regrowth to restore his condition from the last 24 hours. tatsuya can always go back to his perfect shape.

Offline Dizzle

• J-Recruit
  • Renommée: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #6041 on: September 14, 2013, 02:34:08 AM »
Quick question:

Aside from being able to use the super information network (I forget what it's called, I think it starts with an 'H'), is there anything else special about the Seven Sages?

For example, are they a group of exceptional magicians that is a completely separate entity from the Strategic/War class magicians and even the Apostles?

Hlidskjalf: its the name of Odin's throne.  This author sure is a fan of all sorts of mythology.

The sages are their own independent group.  As Raymond said they have no link to each other, but I don't believe for a single second that their selection was entirely random.  The three known sages are Maya, Raymond, and Jiedo Heigu.  The other four are unknown.  Maya and Jiedo are two of the most influential mages in the world, and, of course, some random highschool kid.  Even Raymond's full influence and abilities are a mystery.

I wonder if it might be some sort of bizarre gambit.  It could be a conceived method to keep tabs on highly powerful magicians within societies.  Most likely there is some grand scheme involved but who knows.

Offline Monstratboy

• J-Addict
  • MKR's Shiba T.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6040 on: September 14, 2013, 02:23:20 AM »
Quick question:
Aside from being able to use the super information network (I forget what it's called, I think it starts with an 'H'), is there anything else special about the Seven Sages?

For example, are they a group of exceptional magicians that is a completely separate entity from the Strategic/War class magicians and even the Apostles?
All the info we know about them is only what's mentioned be Raymond in v11 c16.

It is hard to discuss condition of Miya and Mio when we know next to nothing about it but it seems something different then magic overuse ...

Offline 4r2r

• Well Versed Mad Scientist, Gallant Enlightment Provocateur and Grand Prophet of Insanity
  • J-Regular
  • Renommée: 2
  • shhhhh !! my common sense is tingling
    • View Profile
« Reply #6039 on: September 13, 2013, 11:38:56 PM »
It is hard to discuss condition of Miya and Mio when we know next to nothing about it but it seems something different then magic overuse ...

Offline Jirachier

• J-Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #6038 on: September 13, 2013, 09:15:24 PM »
Er... did you forget what happened to his mom?

His mom was overusing her magic on purpose to punish herself for what she did to her sister, that's why her body failed her at the end, she wanted it to happen.

Offline Rac

• J-Regular
  • Renommée: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #6037 on: September 13, 2013, 08:03:33 PM »
lol, why would he die from magic overuse ?
Magic overuse happens when you use a LOT of magic in a short amount of time, how is one usage of regrowth a day gonna turn into magic overuse.

Er... did you forget what happened to his mom?

Offline faraway

• J-Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6036 on: September 13, 2013, 07:47:32 PM »
It's ironic. If he did that he'd die of magic overuse, as Monstratboy stated earlier. Anyway, we've been through this topic before.

because of Parasites incident, we've got new info and we can conclude that tatsuya is Immortal and Omnipotent.

Offline Jirachier

• J-Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #6035 on: September 13, 2013, 07:03:48 PM »
It's ironic. If he did that he'd die of magic overuse, as Monstratboy stated earlier. Anyway, we've been through this topic before.

lol, why would he die from magic overuse ?
Magic overuse happens when you use a LOT of magic in a short amount of time, how is one usage of regrowth a day gonna turn into magic overuse.

Offline Rune.

• J-Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6034 on: September 13, 2013, 06:54:03 PM »
Quick question:

Offline Rac

• J-Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #6033 on: September 13, 2013, 05:46:35 PM »
use Regrowth everyday.

Offline faraway

• J-Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6032 on: September 13, 2013, 02:53:44 PM »
Saying Tats' is immortal is stretching it, I think. Though he might be unkillable, he'd die of old age, after all.

use Regrowth everyday.

when will tatsuya begin world domination :( i want to hurry up and see that

since tatsuya is immortal, he can do that anytime. there is no way anyone can kill him.

Offline Monstratboy

• J-Addict
  • MKR's Shiba T.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6031 on: September 13, 2013, 02:07:32 PM »
If Tatsuya was capable of casting Regrowth without a brain, then what's stopping magicians from casting magic in death? As for the pushion information body, it may very well be that it perishes along with the body when biological death occurs.
I don't know. I'm just pointing out out the possibility of what could be done before complete death in this novel. Does the the pushion information body immediately perish? Does it linger? Tatsuya says it may even exist in another dimension. Does it exist there or move there only after death?. His magic is an automatic restoration skill. The question I'm asking is since the novel only ever mentions the Mind as the core of a person's magic, if the soul did linger and didn't immediately perish, would his magic fix him before he truly dies?

As for the Yotsuba magic in volume 8, I'm under the belief that it was some sort of conditionally activated magic with a time lag of sort. The magic may have activated after death, but that doesn't mean that it was cast after death.
I know, but the possibility that the magic could have been activated by their MCA after their brain and body stopped working is still there.

The parasites cannot be used as proof that the human soul alone could cast magic. That's like comparing a fish to a human. Just because a fish can breathe under water doesn't mean a human could.
Maya certainly believes she can learn the secrets of the human mind by studying them. So unless you can actually point out to me where in the novel you get your opinion that the vamps spirit forms are completely alien to a human's own(despite the fact they that they can even posses humans and grow brain tissue), I'll go with Maya's opinion for now.  

As for claims of recovering from fatal injuries, yeah, but so what? Injuries are just injuries. As long as he doesn't immediately die, his Regrowth will kick in. Thanks to this, it's impossible to permanently maim him. He'll never get scars and he'll always have use of his limbs.
What about when Tatsuya claims there is nothing in existence that can truly hurt him in v8. Come one, you gotta feel like that's a cool line from someone who knows they are literally immortal.

The Sorcery Boosters are indeed memory capacitors, but the fact that they can allow for magic beyond a magician's capacity along with the fact that they're made from the brains of magicians indicate that the brain is indeed involved in the use of magic.
Yes and I agree. However they are just tools used only to improve magic. This only proves the brain can enhance magic.

That last bit concerning Evil eye doesn't mean anything. How it affects the target regardless of the brain's role in it does not prove that the soul alone could cast magic.
I never said this was proof. You mentioned there was a physical side to magic and I agreed since the USNA theory suggested that the brain communicates the info from the body to the 'real thinking core'- the Mind, a pushion based spirit-like body.  They are connected and work together . The brain can affect the Mind and vice versa. But only the mind is ever mentioned as being an essential part for the basic magic process.  

I'm not saying that the soul doesn't play a part in using magic. I'm just saying that the brain is necessary from all that's known so far.
I definitely agree that the brain is most likely always involved in every magician's magic process.  But I'm pointing out only the mind is ever stated as being essential, there are human-like spirits that can take over human brains and use magic without one(but better with one), and the Yotsuba believe they can understand human magic better by studying these spirits.

Finally, magic cannot be cast after death. That much is obvious enough and if Tatsuya's rendered without a brain then he will die and if he's dead he won't be able to cast magic.
Maybe. But where in the novel was all this indicated? You do know this novel mentions demons, and other malevolent magic spirits exist right? Who is to say they are not magicians' spirit bodies who couldn't let go of the real world?

Offline Jirachier

• J-Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #6030 on: September 13, 2013, 11:25:34 AM »
Quote (selected)
If Tatsuya was capable of casting Regrowth without a brain, then what's stopping magicians from casting magic in death? As for the pushion information body, it may very well be that it perishes along with the body when biological death occurs.

Once dead they can't but as long as they are alive regardless of their state it's still possible, the only reason only Tatsuya can do that is because they are in no position to move/think what to use while Regrowth is something that activates outside of Tatsuya's will, he doesn't need to think "activate Regrowth".

Offline blackwhite67

• J-Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #6029 on: September 13, 2013, 11:04:34 AM »
In most cases that is likely, but is it a fact mentioned anywhere in this novel that the brain is essential though? To me its unclear, specifically in Tatsuya's immediate auto-restore case, since Miyuki mentions in v8 the MCA isn't located in head and the theory the USNA give in v9 is the brain is not an independent thinking organ; the real thinking core is the Pushion Information Body; the brain’s role is to receive the information sent from the so-called 'mind', and the communication organ transmits the information of the body to the mind.

There's also mention of Yotsuba Magicians' activating magic on death to destroy their bodies in the v8 ss. Tatsuya ponders the location of the soul in v10 and wonders if it exists in another dimension. In v9 Yakumo explains all spirits are disembodied interdimensional beings with minds, some we know have the capability of casting magic, and he believes that people are just not equipped to properly view human spirits. In v11 Maya indicates the study of the vamps will help them understand the human mind and they cast magic without a brain. And the final and coolest reason I believe it it is so is that Tatsuya claims he would also recover from fatal injuries in v6 and actually states to Miyuki there's nothing that could permanently harm him in v8. 

Sorcery Boosters were only considered something like memory capacitors, its not like they are MCAs, they are just tools only usable by a magician, like a CAD, for enhancing magic. So I believe the brain is only essential here for using magic tools.

Magic like the V2 version of the Evil Eye work on the mind I assume because the USNA theory states the brain collects information from the body, the eyes in this case, and passes it on to the Mind. Mind manipulation via the eyes and brain, not necessarily of the brain.
No I'm only pointing out the novel doesn't indicate an actual brain is essential to activate magic, so I'm just wondering if his soul remains intact and he didn't die instantly, would his auto-restore still activate?
Yeah. Its interesting too as it explains how fluid and interchangeable the modern magic categorisation system is since its based on a magics final effect. Evil eye is categorised as outer-systematic magic since the final product is the mind is manipulated. There is mention of actual mental interference magic that does this in v6 and v7, but Honoka and the Blanche leader can also do it using what is actually described as systematic light magic.
Only when one gets time off for Flat maintenance and one's ps3 is busted and one is too lazy to do much else.

As for the Yotsuba magic in volume 8, I'm under the belief that it was some sort of conditionally activated magic with a time lag of sort. The magic may have activated after death, but that doesn't mean that it was cast after death.

The parasites cannot be used as proof that the human soul alone could cast magic. That's like comparing a fish to a human. Just because a fish can breathe under water doesn't mean a human could.

As for claims of recovering from fatal injuries, yeah, but so what? Injuries are just injuries. As long as he doesn't immediately die, his Regrowth will kick in. Thanks to this, it's impossible to permanently maim him. He'll never get scars and he'll always have use of his limbs.

The Sorcery Boosters are indeed memory capacitors, but the fact that they can allow for magic beyond a magician's capacity along with the fact that they're made from the brains of magicians indicate that the brain is indeed involved in the use of magic.

That last bit concerning Evil eye doesn't mean anything. How it affects the target regardless of the brain's role in it does not prove that the soul alone could cast magic.

I'm not saying that the soul doesn't play a part in using magic. I'm just saying that the brain is necessary from all that's known so far.

Finally, magic cannot be cast after death. That much is obvious enough and if Tatsuya's rendered without a brain then he will die and if he's dead he won't be able to cast magic.

Well, unlike Tatsuya whose magic is too extreme to be used in non-lethal ways, someone like Lina probably has a big arsenal of non lethal magics that she could've used against Erika, she didn't even try to overpower her with Wide Area Interference, not to mention Parade. Also Lina tried to turn Tatsuya to dust when she was fighting him but somehow against Erika who is someone she had less direct contact she's hesitant to be forceful ?
lol, I actually kind of like Erika as a character, the one trait about her that annoys me is that she basically doesn't know her place, even when she is overwhelmingly outmatched by someone she still picks a fight, if she was the one being cornered and pursuit it would make sense for her to fight back, but to try and fighting opponents way beyond your level of skill while fully aware of that fact is just childish and disrespectful toward said opponent.

btw in vol9chap06 I read:

Not that I am complaining, but why would've Trident worked on Lina ? I mean the reason Mist Dispersion failed was not because Lina's magic protection blocked off the spell but simply because Tatsuya failed to locate her, right ? So what can Trident do in this situation that Mist Dispersion can't ?

Trident also includes Gram Dispersion. Gram Dispersion doesn't target physical bodies, but magic sequences, and it's not like Tatsuya couldn't see Parade with his Elemental Sight so it would have worked fine.

Offline Breimoon

• J-Hardcore
  • Renommée: 35
    • View Profile
« Reply #6028 on: September 13, 2013, 09:36:04 AM »
I think that tatsuya may achieve immortality (at least for the body). He can return an item to how it was up to 24 hours so if he does it at least once a day he should not age. The only question is if it affects his magic area / spirit too.Cause if he can't cast magic then he would start aging again.

Offline kavinh

• J-Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6027 on: September 13, 2013, 09:25:05 AM »
when will tatsuya begin world domination :( i want to hurry up and see that

Offline Monstratboy

• J-Addict
  • MKR's Shiba T.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6026 on: September 13, 2013, 07:28:01 AM »
Well, unlike Tatsuya whose magic is too extreme to be used in non-lethal ways, someone like Lina probably has a big arsenal of non lethal magics that she could've used against Erika, she didn't even try to overpower her with Wide Area Interference, not to mention Parade. Also Lina tried to turn Tatsuya to dust when she was fighting him but somehow against Erika who is someone she had less direct contact she's hesitant to be forceful ?
When she finally stopped hesistating, she did use a non lethal attack and would have instantly settled the fight if not for Erika's back up. Parade was mentioned as being up and WAI would have been useless since Erika wasn't using any direct offensive magic.  For Erika she didn't have direct orders to eliminate her if the target didn't surrender. And in that she was quite hesitant with Tatsuya, only using small attacks and aiming for his limbs, its the one reason Tatsuya called her naive you remember.

Saying Tats' is immortal is stretching it, I think. Though he might be unkillable, he'd die of old age, after all.
Or from magic overuse.

Offline westmax

• J-Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #6025 on: September 13, 2013, 06:04:53 AM »
 :huh:  is it me or does any1 else think that leo is probably the most rigid fighter so far in mknr...he only ever uses fortification magics nothing else.he is too fixed on his phyical strenght..hope we see shizuka gets her own fight scene.    :wahaha:
please leave erika alone,  :p!ssed: she will make a fine addition to 101 batalion.ha cant wait

Offline Rac

• J-Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #6024 on: September 13, 2013, 05:42:38 AM »
they can use magic without brain, as long as they have soul and mind ( parasites ).
no doubt, Tatsuya is immortal.

Offline ulrique

• J-Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6023 on: September 13, 2013, 05:03:38 AM »
Trident allows to use three times the same magic, and Tatsuya is using Mist Dispersal; it would crush, the protection and the body.

Offline Jirachier

• J-Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #6022 on: September 13, 2013, 04:31:49 AM »
That scene to me still indicates that Lina is one of the strongest magicians, but hesitant in attacking friends. Lina defeated Erika in 1 magic attack while easily fending off Erika's attempts to slice her to pieces. She got distracted and got hit once, but was stated as being hesitant in actually attacking.  Do you dislike Erika that much that you wanted to see her stabbed, shot or disintegrated by plasma like Lina has normally done to her other opponents?

lol, I actually kind of like Erika as a character, the one trait about her that annoys me is that she basically doesn't know her place, even when she is overwhelmingly outmatched by someone she still picks a fight, if she was the one being cornered and pursuit it would make sense for her to fight back, but to try and fighting opponents way beyond your level of skill while fully aware of that fact is just childish and disrespectful toward said opponent.

btw in vol9chap06 I read:

Quote (selected)
“I can’t believe that there’s an opponent who cannot be identified by Onii-sama……”

“Not only that, they also avoided Mist Dispersal.”

Pale faced, Miyuki was struck dumb.

As if she also received a blow, Maya wrinkled her brows in an instant on the other side of the screen.

Though she swiftly recovered her smiling visage, the tangent in the conversation had been dispelled.

“If Mist Dispersal is useless, then Trident should have no problem.”

Not that I am complaining, but why would've Trident worked on Lina ? I mean the reason Mist Dispersion failed was not because Lina's magic protection blocked off the spell but simply because Tatsuya failed to locate her, right ? So what can Trident do in this situation that Mist Dispersion can't ?

Offline faraway

• J-Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6021 on: September 13, 2013, 02:36:34 AM »
Dude, I seriously doubt that. If there is too much damage to his brain (like his entire head is vaporized) he should be dead for good. :pwha:
And Monstratboy, you are amazing for answering so many posts... how do you find the time!? :joke:

they can use magic without brain, as long as they have soul and mind ( parasites ).
no doubt, Tatsuya is immortal.

Offline Monstratboy

• J-Addict
  • MKR's Shiba T.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6020 on: September 13, 2013, 01:56:35 AM »
I'm sorry but that fight between Lina and Erika was stupid, even if Lina was distracted and wasn't trying to kill Erika, she should've been able to completely overpower her for the entire battle and not take over 30 seconds or so to finish her off.
Yeah Yeah Erika is an amazing swordwoman blablabla, so what ? Lina is the strongest magician in the USNA army with massive magic power rivaling Miyuki, so no this makes no sense to me.
That scene to me still indicates that Lina is one of the strongest magicians, but hesitant in attacking friends. Lina defeated Erika in 1 magic attack while easily fending off Erika's attempts to slice her to pieces. She got distracted and got hit once, but was stated as being hesitant in actually attacking.  Do you dislike Erika that much that you wanted to see her stabbed, shot or disintegrated by plasma like Lina has normally done to her other opponents?

Spirit theory open few interesthing paths but even if magic is just mental process it is sustained by physical body ... for example it is mentioned that even Tatsuya is unable to cast magic during sleep, that's physical state not mental one and yet affect magical operations, from what i understand parasites in spirit form also don't freely wield magic as well as their mental capacity is heavly limited...
What makes you believe sleep can only be a physical state?  Is it not possible for the Mind linked to the brain to go into a less active/resting state. And the novel indicates spirits can use magic, restrictions on that use doesn't mean a brain is required, only that a body helps.  So far nothing I've read from the novel indicates a brain and body is required for actual magic use, only the spirit, but if you have a brain as well it helps with magic.

Offline 4r2r

• Well Versed Mad Scientist, Gallant Enlightment Provocateur and Grand Prophet of Insanity
  • J-Regular
  • shhhhh !! my common sense is tingling
    • View Profile
« Reply #6019 on: September 13, 2013, 12:46:18 AM »
Lina's speciality is actually close range, that's why she was having difficulty fighting Miyuki.
Also such a statement only makes sense when you're fighting someone who is amazing at both, but you've seen what Miyuki can do with just Magic Power alone, Erika is very weak on that end in comparison to Lina and thus she shouldn't be able to hold on against her at all, the difference in magic power is too great to the point that it cannot be matched by pure martial arts, especially not someone who isn't at the level of Yakumo and co.
In the fight against Lu, one of the top 10 close combat magicians in the world even Mari+Mayumi+Leo+Erika(With Orochimaru) barely defeated him, but now Erika alone can do this much against someone of that level ?

In terms of martial arts unless one possess decisively superior skills it is impossible to go against sword with bare hands. Enchanted weapon(i guess engraved psion conduits for activation sequnce) and weapon integrated cads are really hard to deal with magic alone and physical object alone due to their nature (interference for magical device and weapon modification attribute). Due to that Lina is pushed into defensive in cqc. With fast pace nad no openings to use magic or counterattack she can only dodge. You can cry magic power but both martial arts and magic utilize unconciusness  so they will interfere with each other to some degree ... but thats pretty much everything, even if you wanna tell 'strong' all Erika could do is go for dual exchange and with distance gained by lina almost everything is disadvantageous for her. If bruiser can't remain within his comfort zone/range he is done for ... this is the moment Tatsuya enters, One can say she went all out in her comfort zone and did next to nothing ... Another thing is that lina utilize close combat not because she is particulary powerful within it but because most magicians are not good at that distance, it creates preassure that can affect one magical ability, instead of going for head on magic power collision she utilize wide range of disposable devices that are hard to counter with magical abilities. This way is less exhausting and more efficient. None of it is however effective against martial art/ bruiser type oriented character like erika. Most efficient solution is to gain distance and use sperior magic ability which is hard/impossible when one stick closely to you.  ... I advise you to start thinking for yourself insted of suggesting yourself with adjectives from novel ... strenght is always relative value that changes depending on circustances and what it is matched against  ...

No I'm only pointing out the novel doesn't indicate an actual brain is essential to activate magic, so I'm just wondering if his soul remains intact and he didn't die instantly, would his auto-restore still activate?
Spirit theory open few interesthing paths but even if magic is just mental process it is sustained by physical body ... for example it is mentioned that even Tatsuya is unable to cast magic during sleep, that's physical state not mental one and yet affect magical operations, from what i understand parasites in spirit form also don't freely wield magic as well as their mental capacity is heavly limited...

Yeah. Its interesting too as it explains how fluid and interchangeable the modern magic categorisation system is since its based on a magics final effect.

Well you have the index ... i don't find it suprising that subset of already existing magic will be i somwhat connected to its original ... is it mentioned that original mental interference version also carry name evil eye ?('true evil eye' is not a name) It wouldn't be suprising if connection was like thunder cloud and thunder child ....

Offline Hakazee

• J-Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #6018 on: September 13, 2013, 12:14:03 AM »

you say " even if Lina had burnt away half his body he could revive "
so, even though half of his upper body is blasted, he can regenerate ?

and the next question is when people die instantly ?
is it possible to die instantly ?