Funds $17 | Needed $160
Like the community? Enjoy reading manga?
Then click on the small donation banner! Thx!

12%

Author Topic: Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei vol.01-16+  (Read 1176801 times)

jimjim9, lember, ehsanazh, sphinxs00, zhiren, kairn and 21 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline Monstratboy

• J-Addict
  • Renommée: 28
  • MKR's Shiba T.
    • View Profile
Re: Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei vol.01-10+
« Reply #4834 on: June 24, 2013, 04:36:43 PM »
direct decomposition magic was disguised as indirect structure type interference (effect rather than particular magic)which in itself is not unheard of ... the difference is how magic is aplied. Insted of direcly changing design of the information body(like whole decomposition magic) it should exploit the fact that physical object is a proxy to its information body allowing it to indirecly modify information ... this should be the case for molecular divider and meteor line
Random comment from me here. Am I the only one who feels Tatsuya is the only proper magician. Growing up watching stage magicians making things disappear, reappear or float bring to me the image of decomposition, restoration and the flight CAD. The other magics feel more like extreme manga-like martial arts or comic-like mutant/psychic powers. I'm so hoping for Tatsuya to start experimenting on instant teleportation while using a white bunny for his 1st live animal experiment.

Offline Rac

• J-Regular
  • Renommée: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #4833 on: June 24, 2013, 04:26:05 PM »
As for the shippers ... there is little point arguing with them, it is more emotional than reason based involvement. Until  novel prove otherwise everyone is free to belive. After all, leaving options open is way to ensnare the reader into plot development by allowing him to belive something they want could happen ... but the fact is everyone can't be correct and most people expectations will be snapped like a twig at some point  ... if they are happy playing into authors hand, why deny them this "pleasure" ?

Well said mate!

Offline Hakazee

• J-Hero
  • Renommée: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4832 on: June 24, 2013, 03:57:39 PM »
direct decomposition magic was disguised as indirect structure type interference (effect rather than particular magic)which in itself is not unheard of ... the difference is how magic is aplied. Insted of direcly changing design of the information body(like whole decomposition magic) it should exploit the fact that physical object is a proxy to its information body allowing it to indirecly modify information ... this should be the case for molecular divider and meteor line

yes tats disguised his magic perfectly. none of the audience know what he's doing.

Quote (selected)
By the time anyone could react, they could only see the change in the hand's position as it remained holding something.

"He...... couldn't be catching the bullets, could he?"

Someone woodenly murmured.

"How, is he doing this......?"

people assume he can catch bullet because they don't see it clearly

different case with Mayumi that see the large truck faded into dust using her sensory magic.

Offline 4r2r

• Well Versed Mad Scientist, Gallant Enlightment Provocateur and Grand Prophet of Insanity
  • J-Regular
  • Renommée: 2
  • shhhhh !! my common sense is tingling
    • View Profile
« Reply #4831 on: June 24, 2013, 03:30:40 PM »

she saw him decompose or saw him catching bullet ?
it's different. they might think he catching bullet and wonder if he can catch bullet.

I will agree with you if se saw him decompose something into dust clearly with her own eyes.

As for the shippers ... there is little point arguing with them, it is more emotional than reason based involvement. Until  novel prove otherwise everyone is free to belive. After all, leaving options open is way to ensnare the reader into plot development by allowing him to belive something they want could happen ... but the fact is everyone can't be correct and most people expectations will be snapped like a twig at some point  ... if they are happy playing into authors hand, why deny them this "pleasure" ?

Offline Rac

• J-Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #4830 on: June 24, 2013, 01:43:33 PM »
don't worry.

he will be alone forever and die like Lelouch Lamperouge or Light Yagami, Perfect Ending.

:wahaha: Hahaha....I gotta say, still that's better than an Oreimo like ending.

Offline Hakazee

• J-Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #4829 on: June 24, 2013, 01:33:49 PM »
In the end, I can only hope the ending won't be like Oreimo. *fingers crossed*

don't worry.

he will be alone forever and die like Lelouch Lamperouge or Light Yagami, Perfect Ending.

Offline Rac

• J-Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #4828 on: June 24, 2013, 01:00:50 PM »
By the way, I don't know about you guys, but I'm calling this a harem since there is more than one girl gunning for our main character.

Well, I won't go so far as to call this a harem. So far, only Honoka (Excluding the imouto) has shown feelings for Tatsuya in a romantic way. Though Mayumi and Lina is also interested in him.

Sadly, Mayumi most probably thinks of Tatsuya as a little brother. Honestly, I don't actually mind there relationship going that way (despite being a Mayumi fan). I think Tats need someone to confide in or maybe to take advice from(I know he's a genius and all that but Mayumi has more experience on life than him, not to mention she can be an inside connection to him and she's very mature and understanding than Miyuki). With her easygoing and understanding personality she can be a very good support pillar for Tats.

As for Miyuki and Erica knowing most of Tats' secrets. Knowing secrets about someone else doesn't necessarily point a relationship into a romantic path. They can also be very good friends. Anyone can know some secrets about someone, but not everyone can understand them or empathize with them. Which Lina should be able to do to a good extent and Erica to a certain degree. I'm excluding Miyuki because I think she can hardly understand who Tats is due to her upbringing. She might support him with her soul and agree with him on everything, but i doubt she'll be able to empathize with him or understand him, for that matter.  As she is now, she will never even question Tatsuya's intentions or give any suggestions or advice to him. He will have to do everything by himself. That's a very big burden on someone. No offence Miyuki fans, but to me, she's more of an accessory that'll always agree with Tats on every damn thing he does. 

As for Tatsuya x Erica, there are hardly any flags raised in that direction. C'mon, just think about all the screen time Erica and Leo had together. Those two will make a great couple. Despite their bantering they actually have very compatible personalities. Actually, I thought the author's making them in to a couple since the vol 1. Erica admires Tatsuya, but I don't think she has any romantic feeling for him. And all of his friends wants to be a support for Tats, not just Erica.

Anyway, since Mizuki and Mikihiko have been coupled, that leaves Leo with Erica and Shizuku. Anyone knows any relationship between Leo and Shizuku is none existant. That leaves him with Erica, who he already has a good relationship with. At least, it's very clear that the author is pushing them into a some kind of special relationship (which is most probably a romantic one).

In the end, I can only hope the ending won't be like Oreimo. *fingers crossed*

Offline Hakazee

• J-Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #4827 on: June 24, 2013, 12:03:16 PM »
The Yokohama Arc where Tatsuya decomposed bullets with his hand and used it to tear through flesh. She didn't know how he did it, but she saw him do it.

she saw him decompose or saw him catching bullet ?
it's different. they might think he catching bullet and wonder if he can catch bullet.

I will agree with you if se saw him decompose something into dust clearly with her own eyes.

Offline blackwhite67

• J-Addict
  • Renommée: 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #4826 on: June 24, 2013, 10:32:11 AM »
wow, you take credit for only that? I never believe those things like seeing a girl naked and they become lovers?! This isnt that kind of a novel!!!  :p!ssed:

speaking of naked Tatsuya saw Honoka naked(Beach scene), but it didnt have any affect on there relationship or are you saying that Tatsuya will end up with Honoka>??!!!

Huuhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh????!!!!!!!!!!!  like hell that would happen!!!! asdsdfdfgdfgkjk!!! :p!ssed:
Miyuki would freeze hell before that would happen!!!!!  :wahaha:

Let me rephrase that. Do you know of a single series with airtight romance where a heroine was seen naked by a guy that the author wasn't going to pair her up with? Do you think that the author is seriously gonna pair Erika up with Tatsuya after she was seen naked by someone else? He'd never pull that sort of shit with Miyuki.

As for Honoka, my phrasing was incorrect. It's clear that Honoka's head over heels for Tatsuya. Her naked scene cements her position as his lover. It does not guarantee that Tatsuya will ever reciprocate her affections.

By the way, I don't know about you guys, but I'm calling this a harem since there is more than one girl gunning for our main character.

Offline orig27

• J-Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4825 on: June 24, 2013, 10:18:49 AM »
How do you explain Leo seeing Erika naked in volume 6? Don't say that doesn't mean anything. Fan service and cute clothes are for all, but the naked scenes are for the destined lover only.
wow, you take credit for only that? I never believe those things like seeing a girl naked and they become lovers?! This isnt that kind of a novel!!!  :p!ssed:

speaking of naked Tatsuya saw Honoka naked(Beach scene), but it didnt have any affect on there relationship or are you saying that Tatsuya will end up with Honoka>??!!!

Huuhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh????!!!!!!!!!!!  like hell that would happen!!!! asdsdfdfgdfgkjk!!! :p!ssed:
Miyuki would freeze hell before that would happen!!!!!  :wahaha:

Offline blackwhite67

• J-Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #4824 on: June 24, 2013, 10:09:18 AM »
The main point is Tatsuya tries to hide his abilities because his combat skills would be exposed if regular magi saw them. He's not worried about specifics as he doesn't have to give out an explanation if he doesn't want to. He is worried about his secrets being exposed from his classmates just seeing them. For Flash Cast, since magi can see how magic is cast they can understand from looking the supposed magic dunce can instantly cast magic, so like in the case in V2 with Mizuki or V5 at the beach, the secret was already seen so either satisfy their curiosity to prevent further prying or say nothing and leave them intrigued.

Good. I just wanted to establish that no one really knows the details and names of his abilities with the exception of Regrowth.

Sorry I misread it, yeah it was an interesting scene and it was my current favorite! but from devotion stand point yeah Honoka and Miyuki are the best Miyuki leaving behind Honoka, if this end like oreimo I'll love it but that would be lacking originality and the author showed pride to being original  :huh: so I want a new feel to it, in the end I want Tatsuya overcome his siscon and grow a pair of dicks (cuz i think he is lacking in there), I just dont want it to be Honoka, shes likable but not LOVABLE!? and the author clearly gave her a setting of a girl who watch from the distance! without knowing or just there,. basically like Shirley from Code G; a character that is meant to die so that the MC will evolve or gain something!

Tatsuya never had a childhood friend, her sister never was her childhood friend cuz he was a guardian and that Miyuki state(when she was 12) that she cant handle her brother!

Erika x Leo huh???!?!!!!??!!  :p!ssed:

OVER my died body!!!!!!  :p!ssed:
tomboyish girl and muscle head are never meant to be together!!! beside Erika's not tomboyish shes only like that because she wants people to look like that, in truth shes a girl and the up comming confesion will prove that Erika is more emotional than what people think of her! and in the end the only people that Erika consider as a guy is Tatsuya, Mikihiko her toy, Leo is her pet?! or rather a beast!

How do you explain Leo seeing Erika naked in volume 6? Don't say that doesn't mean anything. Fan service and cute clothes are for all, but the naked scenes are for the destined lover only.

Offline orig27

• J-Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4823 on: June 24, 2013, 10:02:41 AM »
I was actually talking about Mizuki and Erica and a confession scene between the 2 of them in the vamp arc. They are not at the level of love and devotion Honoka and Miyuki have reached for Tatsuya but it was an interesting scene.
 Well its not like his plan was to actually harm Tatsuya.  The small part relating to Tats was only to leak a certain 1st High student was in the military,

Sorry I misread it, yeah it was an interesting scene and it was my current favorite! but from devotion stand point yeah Honoka and Miyuki are the best Miyuki leaving behind Honoka, if this end like oreimo I'll love it but that would be lacking originality and the author showed pride to being original  :huh: so I want a new feel to it, in the end I want Tatsuya overcome his siscon and grow a pair of dicks (cuz i think he is lacking in there vol. 6 reference when he still needed advice from you know who!), I just dont want it to be Honoka, shes likable but not LOVABLE!? and the author clearly gave her a setting of a girl who watch from the distance! without knowing or just there,. basically like Shirley from Code G; a character that is meant to die so that the MC will evolve or gain something!

upon reading the beach chapter it seems erica didn't notice or comprehend tats flash cast and probably labeled it as miscellaneous magic no. 3.
and also knowing someone secrets doesn't exactly ensure romance, just think back on all those scre.. er i mean disappointed childhood friends in damn near every romance story.
the childhood friend winning is one of my main reasons for liking airgear

Replied: June 21, 2013, 02:20:46 PM
Also Erica X Leo FTW!
oh come on tomboyish girl and muscle head, that would be the sweaty-est(not in a dirty way) romance ever, of all time.

Tatsuya never had a childhood friend, her sister never was her childhood friend cuz he was a guardian and that Miyuki state(when she was 12) that she cant handle her brother!

Erika x Leo huh???!?!!!!??!!  :p!ssed:

OVER my died body!!!!!!  :p!ssed:
tomboyish girl and muscle head are never meant to be together!!! beside Erika's not tomboyish shes only like that because she wants people to look like that, in truth shes a girl and the up comming confesion will prove that Erika is more emotional than what people think of her! and in the end the only people that Erika consider as a guy is Tatsuya, Mikihiko her toy, Leo is her pet?! or rather a beast!

You do know that Erika laughed just because she was trying to shake off her fear, right?

Well thats the point?! can a normal person laugh about something so scary??!
No normal person can maintain the same relationship when a person threaten your families or your very own existance, there relationship should have been ackward but she was still able to maintain the same relationship and still wish to be with the sibling even with the risk., that why I find her refreshing and unique, that is why I fell in love with her character and personality. She was able to accept the cruelty of the world and people in it and still wish to be with them!

Offline blackwhite67

• J-Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #4822 on: June 24, 2013, 10:00:15 AM »
Yeah that why Tatsuya scared the heck out of her, but Erika being Erika, she just move forward and laugh about it  :lovelove: and with that, you already know who is on the lead, of solving the puzzle.!
Its basically Gun x Magic x Sword! (Basically its Tatsuya x Miyuki x Erika the ultimate triangle and its so beautiful)  :mlfy:

You do know that Erika laughed just because she was trying to shake off her fear, right?

Quote (selected)
Thinking about Tatsuya's words with regards to her brother, she begins to get very fearful. Eventually, she forces herself to laugh it off.

D7 chap 5 wasn't exactly a cliffhanger (as in doesn't seem like an ending cliffhanger or otherwise) in my opinion. and i believe there will be a D7 chap 6

It has already been announced that there will be no more web arc chapters. So you're gonna have to wait for the volumes.

Offline dudeonyx

• J-Starter
  • Renommée: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #4821 on: June 24, 2013, 09:52:35 AM »
D7 chap 5 wasn't exactly a cliffhanger (as in doesn't seem like an ending cliffhanger or otherwise) in my opinion. and i believe there will be a D7 chap 6

Offline chraiti6119

• J-Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #4820 on: June 24, 2013, 09:41:25 AM »
I think volume 12 will end with the cliffhanger of D7 chapter 5.

Offline dudeonyx

• J-Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4819 on: June 24, 2013, 09:09:27 AM »
upon reading the beach chapter it seems erica didn't notice or comprehend tats flash cast and probably labeled it as miscellaneous magic no. 3.
and also knowing someone secrets doesn't exactly ensure romance, just think back on all those scre.. er i mean disappointed childhood friends in damn near every romance story.
the childhood friend winning is one of my main reasons for liking airgear

Replied: June 24, 2013, 09:20:46 AM
Also Erica X Leo FTW!
oh come on tomboyish girl and muscle head, that would be the sweaty-est(not in a dirty way) romance ever, of all time.

Offline Monstratboy

• J-Addict
  • MKR's Shiba T.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4818 on: June 24, 2013, 08:51:09 AM »
Well in vamp arc Tatsuya did save Erika...just like Monstratboy stated both Miyuki and Erika will show a strong emotion towards Tatsuya
I was actually talking about Mizuki and Erica and a confession scene between the 2 of them in the vamp arc. They are not at the level of love and devotion Honoka and Miyuki have reached for Tatsuya but it was an interesting scene.

because if he does know, then it's really stupid to make a plan that might harm him considering how much tatsuya is valuable to his country
Well its not like his plan was to actually harm Tatsuya.  The small part relating to Tats was only to leak a certain 1st High student was in the military, and I assume this leak would normally be untraceable. Its not like he could anticipate the author is aiming for a worst case scenario.

As stated Koichi's overall aim is to eliminate the opposition against the magical community with the side benefit of breaking the relationship between the Yotsuba and 101st. Which Kazuma warned Tatsuya back in V3 might happen if their secrets are exposed to the public. Also we learn parts of the government in this novel don't feel the 101's secrets are as important as pacifying the international community.

I'm just saying that she saw him use it, but she didn't know how he did it. She doesn't know the specifics about Decomposition or Flash Cast. In the case of the latter, seeing as how there was no mention of her wondering about how he was walking on water she likely just assumed he was using some spell or technique of no importance.
The main point is Tatsuya tries to hide his abilities because his combat skills would be exposed if regular magi saw them. He's not worried about specifics as he doesn't have to give out an explanation if he doesn't want to. He is worried about his secrets being exposed from his classmates just seeing them. For Flash Cast, since magi can see how magic is cast they can understand from looking the supposed magic dunce can instantly cast magic, so like in the case in V2 with Mizuki or V5 at the beach, the secret was already seen so either satisfy their curiosity to prevent further prying or say nothing and leave them intrigued.

Offline dudeonyx

• J-Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4817 on: June 24, 2013, 08:42:37 AM »
uhmm when did those beach scenes -with the walking on water and flash cast- occur?

Replied: June 24, 2013, 08:44:33 AM
never mind found it

Offline westmax

• J-Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #4816 on: June 24, 2013, 08:14:20 AM »
yeah  :XD:
but who s gonna talk maya down...bear in minds u've got 3 secs or u r cheese!  :ba:

Offline orig27

• J-Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4815 on: June 24, 2013, 07:56:02 AM »
yeah i get u...but tatsuya will nt let any1 pass their currnt limit on imformatn right??even if u find out maya might off the persn  :ghoststories:       b4 tatsuya gets his turn.even erika understnds this.

Yeah that why Tatsuya scared the heck out of her, but Erika being Erika, she just move forward and laugh about it  :lovelove: and with that, you already know who is on the lead, of solving the puzzle.!
Its basically Gun x Magic x Sword! (Basically its Tatsuya x Miyuki x Erika the ultimate triangle and its so beautiful)  :mlfy:

Offline westmax

• J-Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #4814 on: June 24, 2013, 07:47:33 AM »
Quote (selected)
Mayumi, Azusa, Mari??? Mayumi I might consider but Azusa and Mari doesnt know shit about Tatsuya.
Azusa know that Tatsuya is Silver but thats it, Mari only knows of Tatsuya regrowth and gram demo, Mayumi saw Tatsuya's regrowth and MD(which she doesnt have any idea how it happened) is consider Tatsuya is from a fallen family that too far off as a guess, and im we're talking about after vamp arc.!

Thats why Erika and Miyuki are best of friends cuz Erika has a potential as a bro-con, not as hard as Miyuki tho!  
yeah i get u...but tatsuya will nt let any1 pass their currnt limit on imformatn right??even if u find out maya might off the persn  :ghoststories:       b4 tatsuya gets his turn.even erika understnds this.

Offline orig27

• J-Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4813 on: June 24, 2013, 07:44:10 AM »
  :trala:   saegusa knows tatsuya will nt b harm though others may die he want to restrict he movemnt and the efficiency of 101 as to maintain contrl of most da militrary n piss of maya for God knw why!
GOd forbids if he plan gets screwd by shippou n one of the twins end up like maya   :AAAAAAAAAA:

Both Mayumi and her father Koichi just have an idea that the Yotsuba is connected to Military and that certain Yotsuba is in 1st high, they dont know who the Yotsuba really is,. Mayumi is gueassing that its Tatsuya(but the author didnt specify who Mayumi wants to protect)

I'm just saying that she saw him use it, but she didn't know how he did it. She doesn't know the specifics about Decomposition or Flash Cast. In the case of the latter, seeing as how there was no mention of her wondering about how he was walking on water she likely just assumed he was using some spell or technique of no importance.

Just like you said no one really know what Tatsuya is doing, they only know of Tatsuya regrowth cuz Miyuki explained it to them!
if where talking about Flash cast Mizuki is probably closest to know it, cuz Tatsuya explained it to her, where just talking about what will happen in vol. 11/web novel 6 that Erika is the closest to the truth cuz shes the only person to know who Tatsuya really is and that Tatsuya commented it himself that the reason why Erika is doing this(asking who he really is) was because she saw Tatsuya's magic and that she is very smart to identify that its a super rare magic! Thats why Tatsuya warned her but she still cont, being with Tatsuya, in fact the secret that Tatsuya was so desprate to hide was just a laughing matter to Erika!(Thats my goddess for you)  :megane:

Offline blackwhite67

• J-Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #4812 on: June 24, 2013, 07:42:33 AM »
He used Flash Cast on the beach trip. And she saw exactly what he did. He used magic to destroy anything he touched. Decomposition in a nutshell. As far as I'm concerned any other specifics are irrelevant since she saw him use destructive magic that he never wanted to show to his classmates.
She does feel romance is a waste of time but interestingly enough, in the vamp arc both she and Mizuki clearly express their strong wishes to be useful to Tatsuya and be strong enough for him to rely on them. Don't know if this will turn into more intense feelings later on.

Offline westmax

• J-Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #4811 on: June 24, 2013, 07:36:24 AM »
   :trala:   saegusa knows tatsuya will nt b harm though others may die he want to restrict he movemnt and the efficiency of 101 as to maintain contrl of most da militrary n piss of maya for God knw why!
GOd forbids if he plan gets screwd by shippou n one of the twins end up like maya   :AAAAAAAAAA:

Offline orig27

• J-Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4810 on: June 24, 2013, 07:32:20 AM »
weell   :huh: so she on the same level or just above honoka and co but below mayumi/azusa/mari in terms of who has concrete facts abt tatsuya nt guesses

considering the fact, she liked her step bro mayb she can b more serious bt i see it as shes a battlehungry chick who does nt want to b considered girly bt accorded equal respect which tatsuya gives neutrally...

Mayumi, Azusa, Mari??? Mayumi I might consider but Azusa and Mari doesnt know shit about Tatsuya.
Azusa know that Tatsuya is Silver but thats it, Mari only knows of Tatsuya regrowth and gram demo, Mayumi saw Tatsuya's regrowth and MD(which she doesnt have any idea how it happened) she consider Tatsuya is from a fallen family that too is far off as a guess, and we're talking about after vamp arc.! in the end only Erika ask who Tatsuya really is and shes already in the front door of it... a little push and she might come to a world where she shouldnt be thats why Tatsuya ask her to keep quiet about it, that scared the heck out of Erika!

Thats why Erika and Miyuki are best of friends cuz Erika has a potential as a bro-con, not as hard as Miyuki tho!   :wahaha:

Offline Jirachier

• J-Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #4809 on: June 24, 2013, 07:19:38 AM »
I'm wondering if the Saegusa head doesn't know that Tatsuya is a strategic-class magic(isn't he supposed to be on it with Kudo ? if he doesn't know so maybe kudo too doesn't know which is weird considering Kazama clearly stated that tatsuya has the might of a strategic warhead which belongs only to S-Class Magicians) because if he does know, then it's really stupid to make a plan that might harm him considering how much tatsuya is valuable to his country and i'm pretty sure the government won't just let it slide if they get wind of what Koichi wants to do to him(just the fact that she's a strategic class magician was enoguh for that other woman to make a place for her clan among the 10 families and she even has a weak body and I'm pretty sure her usefulness as a Strategic Class Magician is waaaaaaaaaay lower than tatsuya's(easier to deploy since strong body and unofficial+super uber aim to shoot from kilometers away+massive destructive capabilities that are probably higher than everyone else who is a strategic class and he can hit stuff in the air which she can't)

Offline westmax

• J-Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #4808 on: June 24, 2013, 06:53:57 AM »
weell   :huh: so she on the same level or just above honoka and co but below mayumi/azusa/mari in terms of who has concrete facts abt tatsuya nt guesses

considering the fact, she liked her step bro mayb she can b more serious bt i see it as shes a battlehungry chick who does nt want to b considered girly bt accorded equal respect which tatsuya gives neutrally...

d7-kasumi should get a life and kanon should warn the twins b4 its too late!!!!  :1000furyslap:   :achachacha:

Offline orig27

• J-Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4807 on: June 24, 2013, 06:38:31 AM »
Well in vamp arc Tatsuya did save Erika...just like Monstratboy stated both Miyuki and Erika will show a strong emotion towards Tatsuya, specially Erika to the point of asking Tatsuya about who he really is and suspected that he's either a Saegusa, Jummonji or a Yotsuba but, she probably norrowed it down to Yotsuba cuz both Katsuto and Mayumi doesnt show any sign of knowing him!

EDIT: Miyuki already is showing intense feeling!

Offline Monstratboy

• J-Addict
  • MKR's Shiba T.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4806 on: June 24, 2013, 06:26:14 AM »
She's seen him use Decomposition, but she didn't know exactly what he did. When did she see Flash Cast?
He used Flash Cast on the beach trip. And she saw exactly what he did. He used magic to destroy anything he touched. Decomposition in a nutshell. As far as I'm concerned any other specifics are irrelevant since she saw him use destructive magic that he never wanted to show to his classmates.

when did erika see the decomposition      ,quote pls
anyway erika is more of the girl u can b best friends with but beyond that a serious relationship will collapse due to her  behaviour....  
She does feel romance is a waste of time but interestingly enough, in the vamp arc both she and Mizuki clearly express their strong wishes to be useful to Tatsuya and be strong enough for him to rely on them. Don't know if this will turn into more intense feelings later on.

Offline blackwhite67

• J-Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #4805 on: June 24, 2013, 06:23:16 AM »
when did erika see the decomposition   :huh:   ,quote pls

anyway erika is more of the girl u can b best friends with but beyond that a serious relationship will collapse due to her  behaviour....   :megane:

Quote (selected)
The bullets that were fired left no traces on the walls, ceiling, or roof.
Spasms broke out over the man's face, as he fired a second, third time.
Each time, Tatsuya's right hand flashed towards another position.
The hand motion was so fast that no bystander could see what he was doing.
By the time anyone could react, they could only see the change in the hand's position as it remained holding something.
"He...... couldn't be catching the bullets, could he?"
Someone woodenly murmured.
"How, is he doing this......?"

The Yokohama Arc where Tatsuya decomposed bullets with his hand and used it to tear through flesh. She didn't know how he did it, but she saw him do it.

Offline westmax

• J-Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #4804 on: June 24, 2013, 06:08:41 AM »
when did erika see the decomposition   :huh:   ,quote pls

anyway erika is more of the girl u can b best friends with but beyond that a serious relationship will collapse due to her  behaviour....   :megane:

Offline blackwhite67

• J-Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #4803 on: June 24, 2013, 05:29:57 AM »
But does it matter if she knows all the specific details? It still means she suspects or  knows alot of things he has been trying to hide. She's seen him see through walls without using any magic, she's seen him use the 2 magics he has been hiding, she's seen him Flash Cast, she knows he is a soldier of the 101st, she knows he is being investigated and hunted by foreign forces as well as his own country's army for some reason and she suspects he is directly related to 1 of the 10 Master Clans. I believe the only thing she might not have been able to learn about is his connection to FLT and Silver.

She's seen him use Decomposition, but she didn't know exactly what he did. When did she see Flash Cast?

Offline Monstratboy

• J-Addict
  • MKR's Shiba T.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4802 on: June 24, 2013, 04:04:26 AM »
But, seriously. Erica knowing mostly all of Tats' secrets? Ver funny. I don't think she knows half of Tats' magic or there full extent. So far she's only aware of Gram Demolition and Cast Jamming. That's hardly Tatsuya's full arsenal. Besides she only knows that Tats is connected to Yotsuba. She doesn't have any clear understanding of what the siblings' relationship to the clan is. And, I doubt that their secret will stay hidden from their inner circle of friends for very long. Specially from Leo.
But does it matter if she knows all the specific details? It still means she suspects or  knows alot of things he has been trying to hide. She's seen him see through walls without using any magic, she's seen him use the 2 magics he has been hiding, she's seen him Flash Cast, she knows he is a soldier of the 101st, she knows he is being investigated and hunted by foreign forces as well as his own country's army for some reason and she suspects he is directly related to 1 of the 10 Master Clans. I believe the only thing she might not have been able to learn about is his connection to FLT and Silver.

Offline Rac

• J-Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #4801 on: June 24, 2013, 03:27:01 AM »
Well only a few knows Tatsuya's elemental sight....Erika probably has an idea cuz Tatsuya already use it since vol. 1 and mostly all Tatsuya's secret are known to Erika! Erika knew about Tatsuya's magic,the Yotsuba and Tatsuya's body(referring to vol. 5)

Well, I can think of another girl who is aware of Tatsuya's secrets.........................And it's......................................*Drum roll*.......................................................
Sorry, please read the forum rules to see why you can't view spoilers and why you can't post in this forum section. Thank you!
  :megane:

But, seriously. Erica knowing mostly all of Tats' secrets?. I don't think she knows half of Tats' magic or there full extent. So far she's only aware of Gram Demolition and Cast Jamming. That's hardly Tatsuya's full arsenal. Besides she only knows that Tats is connected to Yotsuba. She doesn't have any clear understanding of what the siblings' relationship to the clan is. And, I doubt that their secret will stay hidden from their inner circle of friends for very long. Specially from Leo.

As for the elemental sight, Tatsuya only used it in front of Erica once during the Blanche incident I think, when rebel students took hold of the library. She might be an excellent combat specialist, but she's not a magician capable of identifying elemental sight. Besides, I don' think elemental sight is the only magic capable of detecting things. Mayumi is also capable of a magic like that. Also, I doubt that she knows what even elemental sight is. Given that it's a very unique and rare ability (Most probably Tats is the only one with the ability from the entire world. Otherwise, many of magics' known secrets would be solved). She's hardly known for her interest in books....

And the condition of Tatsuya's body is not a secret. I don't think she's the only one guessing what might have happened. There's also Leo, who's said to be very perceptive and MIkihiko who comes from a very old family. :golddigging:

Offline orig27

• J-Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4800 on: June 23, 2013, 11:01:27 PM »
Well only a few knows Tatsuya's elemental sight....Erika probably has an idea cuz Tatsuya already use it since vol. 1 and mostly all Tatsuya's secret are known to Erika! :am: Erika knew about Tatsuya's magic,the Yotsuba and Tatsuya's body(referring to vol. 5)  :yay:

Rozen's are probably interested in Tatsuya for more than his engineering skills, they might know that Tatsuya is Silver, and propose an engagement using Erika and that Erika might fully be welcome to the family. The Rozen's are like ten master clan in intel network from a different country after all.The only thing I can sure about is that when the Rozen arc begin,Erika and Tatsuya are going to get much closer.

And I have a prominition that Erika will someday be someone irreplacable to the Shiba siblings, Miyuki's been stating since vol. 1 that people who get closer to Tatsuya all have ulterior motives, and that only a hand few of people are genuinely just want to stay by Tatsuya's side and Erika has been showing that since vol.1 to the point that she told herself, she was practically stalking him(while talking to herself without knowing that Tatsuya was watching her)[oh that happened to me yesterday when you get the feeling that someone is watching you and when you turn around there is one  ]:p!ssed:
 Miyuki and Erika's relationship are practically best friends, maybe when they're third year and Miyuki will now be known as Yotsuba, Erika might be her bodyguard along with Minami.Erika is more like Honami from personally wise and shes from a family of public police just like Honami.

Offline henzaeroz

• J-Regular
  • Renommée: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #4799 on: June 23, 2013, 08:43:43 PM »
Damn these teasers. I'm so itching for more D7. 

too bad they say D7 will not be published until next 6 months

Offline Monstratboy

• J-Addict
  • MKR's Shiba T.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4798 on: June 23, 2013, 08:06:53 PM »
Interesting. In V10, after his encounter with the vamps, Tatsuya starts questioning where one's spirit resides. Whether it exists in a different dimension, a higher-order world or nowhere.

Also in D7 after observing the Saegusa twins, Tatsuya discovered that they can actually share their magic calculation areas. And the combo skill they have requires they have identical genes, spirits and mc areas.

Wonder if the Rozens are so interested Japan all of a sudden solely because of Tatsuya's engineering skills. Maybe Erica will be whisked away for an engagement with the main family or maybe they somehow learned of Tats' elemental sight or magic.  Damn these teasers. I'm so itching for more D7. 

Offline henzaeroz

• J-Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #4797 on: June 22, 2013, 06:50:00 PM »
does anybody have the detailed summary link for the d7 4th & 5th chapters?
:huh:

the quote i give you yesterday is not enough ?
more detail for chapter 5 you can check from page 95-96

From 4th chapter, from Monstratboy
Sorry, please read the forum rules to see why you can't view spoilers and why you can't post in this forum section. Thank you!

more from 4th chapter D7, again from Flere821 @Animesuki

Deep spoil of DOUBLE SEVEN PART 4 : KUROBA TWIN MEETS SHIBA SIBLING.
Credited by  CatRules

Like Enigmatic stated, I haven't visited this place in ages.

I'll just post some brief spoilers.

Offline jerry204

• J-Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #4796 on: June 22, 2013, 06:38:07 PM »
does anybody have the detailed summary link for the d7 4th & 5th chapters?
:huh:

Offline Vampirecat

• J-Regular
  • Renommée: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #4795 on: June 22, 2013, 12:43:47 PM »
Quote (selected)
Sakurai interrupted from the side, having snuck up without anyone noticing, and said it’s impossible for Izumi to become Miyuki’s imouto. However, Sakurai added it’s possible for Izumi to call Tatsuya ‘Onii-sama’ instead, if Tatsuya ends up marrying Mayumi. Then as an afterthought Sakurai asks Tatsuya, who finally arrived, asking if Tatsuya married Mayumi then would it be correct for Izumi to call Miyuki ‘Onee-sama’ after all, and at the same time Miyuki exclaimed at the scenario, showing her disapproval of him marrying Mayumi (or well, anyone really…).

This reminds me. I wonder if Sakurai thought that up herself, maybe to needle Miyuki a bit...or if there's actually something deeper to that suggestion. Like maybe Maya is thinking along those lines and "leaked" it to Sakurai for some reason, kind of like how Maya had leaked to the Kuroba twins Koichi's plans (or so Tatsuya believes)?  :huh:

Quote (selected)
Tats steps forth and say that if the fight becomes deadly in nature or will potentially leave long term after effects, he WILL stop the fight. Shippou arrogantly glances at Tats and thinks, "Yeah, you can try." Shippou mistakenly believes that Tats is not part of the Primary 28 Families (yo, Tats is from THE Yotsuba family...) and is incapable of backing up such words. Honoka, Miyuki, and Tatsuya all notice the glance, but they all ignore it.

Reading that suddenly gave me a flash of Rosario to Vampire: Tatsuya draws his Silver Horn and wipes out both the Saegusas' and Shippou's magics. "Know your place!"  :XD:

Offline kenga

• J-Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #4794 on: June 22, 2013, 06:15:39 AM »

Offline kuro-38

• sorry for my bad english
  • J-Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #4793 on: June 22, 2013, 05:16:20 AM »
 thanks for the 10 volume

Offline jerry204

• J-Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #4792 on: June 21, 2013, 10:44:04 PM »
sorry, i can only give you this

Thank you very much.. I am trying for so many days but not able to get atleast these.. so I am very happy for this.
I think now the story is turning into very interesting.. now I like it.

Offline Monstratboy

• J-Addict
  • MKR's Shiba T.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4791 on: June 21, 2013, 10:35:04 PM »
What I meant is Tatsuya didn't give first high the complete solution to creating the reactor, he just made a simple experiment to show that they're trying to find it, right ?
Tatsuya has not completed his research yet but he ofcourse had to give his colleagues his solution to the main problems of sustained gravity control type magic for a thermonuclear fusion reactor.

Offline henzaeroz

• J-Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #4790 on: June 21, 2013, 10:22:41 PM »
:hi:
If anybody have all the links to summaries of double seven arc.. can you give me...

sorry, i can only give you this

Yes, Non Spoiler version referring to Double Seven Arc (I suppose Web Arc 7, though this is a magazine :P). It is non spoiler since there are no characters from arcs 4, 5, or 6 that have been introduced other than those required for the current story (i.e. Minami, who was introduced in arc 4, as well as Hayama who was probably introduced at that time as well).

Also, I'm saying screw it to trying to read through this personally. MKnR is too complicated a series to do that on properly if I don't already have a strong foundation :( I'll stick to machines with this series and read the simpler ones in a more thorough manner. Especially since I can write the kanji out more easily and look them up every once in a while when I'm at work or in class.

Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei - Ninendo - Double Seven Arc Summary (Part 0-3)

Chapter 3 was short. And boring. Reading through this is a lot harder than reading through other things, because, even if I go as far as I can, there's not necessarily anything interesting. With Arc 1 and 2, I could get through the slower stuff 'cause there was awesome stuff to come, but that won't happen here until the next (or remaining) segments are released. The part that interested me most has already passed (the part about what happened with the school). Fight on, my motivation, only a little bit left!

Grouping some of the double seven arc spoilers, since I tried to catch up on it recently by skimming thru the thread on animesuki/jcafe- may have missed some of them/ added them in the wrong order/credited the wrong people, sorries in advance.

Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei - Ninendo - Double Seven Arc Summary (Part 0-3)
From Monstratboy

Originally Posted by Flere821 @Animesuki
Spoiler for Double 7 part 3 summary, 1st third (1/3):

2/3 from Flere821 @Animesuki

From 4th chapter, from Monstratboy

more from 4th chapter D7, again from Flere821 @Animesuki

Deep spoil of DOUBLE SEVEN PART 4 : KUROBA TWIN MEETS SHIBA SIBLING.
Credited by  CatRules

Like Enigmatic stated, I haven't visited this place in ages.

I'll just post some brief spoilers.

Offline jerry204

• J-Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #4789 on: June 21, 2013, 08:30:31 PM »
 :hi:
If anybody have all the links to summaries of double seven arc.. can you give me...

Offline Syokool

• ー世界が平和でありますようにー
  • J-Addict
  • Renommée: 104
  • Hentai Ouji
    • View Profile
    • LNM&M
« Reply #4788 on: June 21, 2013, 08:16:14 PM »
It's not the top selling light novels  :yellowcard:, It's the ranking of the best light novel in 2013 according to survey toward selected bookstore employees and a group of selected comitee(consisting of writers, book critics, and editors). In the survey, the selected person is asked to pick top 5 light novel and from 1025 people picked for the survey, those are the rankings. This is all written in the source that you cite actually  :wahaha:

It's quite obvious if you just think about it, there's no way that index whose two volume sold for more than 150k copies each will lose to Haganai that has no new volume out since June last year or to Ryuu Koroshi that doesn't have anime yet in term of 2013 first half sales  :wahaha:

Yeah, thanks for the correction. I knew that but I got my answer mixed up with another answer in /a/, which actually was the Oricon ranking of the best selling LN in the first semester of 2013.
Blame SAO for that  :wahaha:

I was about to post vol.10 fixed, but there is no need for it now.

Offline Jirachier

• J-Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #4787 on: June 21, 2013, 07:52:25 PM »
The politician was pointing out that the majority of First High graduates become parts of the military.  Tatsuya wanted to show his country the students are actually dreaming for a change in this society that only views magicians as humanoid weapons. So he displayed an alternate use for magic that might change the world. Currently the main role of magic is for martial arts or as a weapon since technology is more abundant, cheaper and more efficient for normal everyday solutions.
What I meant is Tatsuya didn't give first high the complete solution to creating the reactor, he just made a simple experiment to show that they're trying to find it, right ?

Offline Monstratboy

• J-Addict
  • MKR's Shiba T.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4786 on: June 21, 2013, 06:56:11 PM »
Hey guys I am curious about the world of MKnR and I have few questions about it, ...?
I just started downloading vol 10 so i haven't seen the picture yet but if the Vietnamese/Indonesian union you're talking about also includes Australia, New Zealand, New Guinea etc.
The questions about Africa, the middle East and South America were covered generally in V8 ch2. But I'm guessing the V10 colours just represent the largest Unions/Federations and the others remain independant countries and smaller groups as mentioned in V8. I believe Australia remains independant to any of the major Unions as depicted by the V10 picture. The extra notes for that pic probably cover what was already mentioned in V8 but lists more country and union names.

so um, the thermo nuclear fusion reaction experiment that Tatsuya did for first high isn't the "final product", it was just done to show that the school doesn't turn children into soldiers, right ?
The politician was pointing out that the majority of First High graduates become parts of the military.  Tatsuya wanted to show his country the students are actually dreaming for a change in this society that only views magicians as humanoid weapons. So he displayed an alternate use for magic that might change the world. Currently the main role of magic is for martial arts or as a weapon since technology is more abundant, cheaper and more efficient for normal everyday solutions.

Offline BloodPrincess

• J-Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #4785 on: June 21, 2013, 03:44:06 PM »
Hey guys I am curious about the world of MKnR and I have few questions about it, in volume 10 there is a page that displays the world map coloured from what I know from arc 4 there are about 5 different unions USNA, EU, New Soviet Union, Indo-Persia Union and the Great Asian Alliance however there seems to be another union that's right under asian alliance in south-west of Asia around Vietnam and Indonesia can anybody confirm that? (since I can't read Japanese) also what the hell happened to Africa, middle east and south america? is Brazil now just an independent country like japan? and why is that half European countries are coloured white which is different from the rest of the EU?

I just started downloading vol 10 so i haven't seen the picture yet but if the Vietnamese/Indonesian union you're talking about also includes Australia, New Zealand, New Guinea etc. then it might be an Astral Australian/Oceanian/Australasian union cause the unions are made of a whole lot of countries close to one another that are joined together/conquered by a main/most powerful country.

Brazil is srsly big so it might be an independent country like Japan which managed to avoid getting sucked up into a union.

No idea about Africa.