Funds $15 | Needed $120
Like the community? Enjoy reading manga?
Then click on the small donation banner! Thx!

14%

Author Topic: Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei vol.01-14+  (Read 864415 times)

carrotglace and 4 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline chancs

• J-Hero
  • Renommée: 36
    • View Profile
Re: Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei vol.01-08+
« Reply #3900 on: March 08, 2013, 07:00:50 PM »
:hi: Look what I found ...

Sorry, please read the forum rules to see why you can't view spoilers and why you can't post in this forum section. Thank you!

Offline lyndine

• J-Starter
  • Renommée: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3899 on: March 08, 2013, 06:34:33 PM »
 :hi: Look what I found ...

Offline Chimurry

• J-Regular
  • Renommée: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #3898 on: March 08, 2013, 06:31:50 PM »
He was authorised by Chief of Staff :huh:

High School is the only way someone that can be accepted in University so that is the reason of Tatsuya enrollment. Kurobane siblings don't have any need to do that so they don't go.
You are discribing the authorization the launch order in peace time.In wartime, every launch system commander can make the lauch.Hell, Nuclear sub with NCBM is prepared to launch their missiles after the homeland was destroyed. There are speculations about SOviet system with an signal missile can trigger the launch of all remaining Soviet NCBM after the high command was destroyed.

Here is a info page detailing Procedures, Soviets and US always have 2 man rule, even in subs, and its not like killing one "key" holder and appropriate the "key" to use both.
Look better the term "Peace times" and the Military Codes and Procedures is clear what to do and what exceptions could apply according generic cases, like multiple attacks, btw: look North Korea recent events.
Remember Mio is the public Strategic Class from Japan, so its not like you receive a random phone call and say: "Nuke them all" or in Mio case: "open the seas and drown deep".

if somone is really curious how it works it's better to google operations plan OPLAN 8010 or Single Integrated Operational Plan

All hail Dreyakis and many other people who put their time, effort into translation/edition of awesomeness named MKnR  :wahaha:

Offline huntermad

• The Blood Knight!!!
  • J-Regular
  • Renommée: 5
  • For fun and profit!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3897 on: March 08, 2013, 06:12:37 PM »
Nothing suggest that the Chief act on his own without asking permisssion from  PM.

Offline henzaeroz

• J-Regular
    • View Profile
Re: Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei vol.01-07+
« Reply #3896 on: March 08, 2013, 05:55:07 PM »

then the Chief of Staff hold a very dangerous weapon  :wahaha:

Flash cast is only possible through a brain implant and the use of mental interference magic to permanently alter the brain, which is obviously unethical and illegal. I recall that a number family became a fallen family for such experimentation and Tatsuya once said that should his flash cast be discovered the Yotsuba would be lucky just to be thrown out of the country.

ahhh can someone tell me where is this line from ?  :huh:

i forgot where i read this line

Offline huntermad

• The Blood Knight!!!
  • J-Regular
  • For fun and profit!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3895 on: March 08, 2013, 05:41:36 PM »
Plot Hole ?  :huh:

High School is the only way someone that can be accepted in University so that is the reason of Tatsuya enrollment. Kurobane siblings don't have any need to do that so they don't go.

There's a popular misleads or Urban Legends about using nuclear devices or strategic weapons, maybe due Hollywood doing, at least USA and old Soviet Union, now divided Republics have a system of weights and counterweights, which so far has proven works, in USA case its not cuz the President order they launch the attack, they need approval from: President, Secretary of DOD, Chairman of Congress Defense Committee, US Armed Forces Joint Chiefs Staff and finally on the launcher there's 2 persons with 2 keys, password and codes, even if you cut the finger or hand and pull out the eye or "copy" the voice, the system will not work cuz its configuration to "sense" that variations, maybe the movie little more closer about it was the one with Denzel Washington and  Gene Hackman "Crimson Tide", so reading MKnR its looks like was from Prime Minister, Defense Minister, JSDF Joint Chiefs, Major Kazama and finally Tatsuya personal decision, remember specifically after Nuremberg Nazi trials, International Law says the fact You are following Orders don't meant you are innocent from committing crimes, in my Country at least the Law says clearly orders don't apply for committing crimes or Human Rights violations and the one applying the order are responsible same as the one gave the order.
You are discribing the authorization the launch order in peace time.In wartime, every launch system commander can make the lauch.Hell, Nuclear sub with NCBM is prepared to launch their missiles after the homeland was destroyed. There are speculations about SOviet system with an signal missile can trigger the launch of all remaining Soviet NCBM after the high command was destroyed.

Offline henzaeroz

• J-Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #3894 on: March 08, 2013, 11:54:30 AM »

And the authorization he's gotten was from Kazama, I would think that for this level of destruction the president would call directly and give the order to use MB or any other strategic-class magic.

Plot Hole ?  :huh:

BTW: Is just me or anyone is questioning why Kurobane twins doesn't attend school???

i don't

they are Yotsuba after all. :wahaha:

Offline 4r2r

• Well Versed Mad Scientist, Gallant Enlightment Provocateur and Grand Prophet of Insanity
  • J-Regular
  • Renommée: 2
  • shhhhh !! my common sense is tingling
    • View Profile
« Reply #3893 on: March 08, 2013, 07:23:39 AM »
the President order they launch the attack, they need approval from: President, Secretary of DOD, Chairman of Congress Defense Committee, US Armed Forces Joint Chiefs Staff and finally on the launcher there's 2 persons with 2 keys, password and codes, even if you cut the finger or hand and pull out the eye or "copy" the voice, the system will not work cuz its configuration to "sense" that variations,

if somone is really curious how it works it's better to google operations plan OPLAN 8010 or Single Integrated Operational Plan

All hail Dreyakis and many other people who put their time, effort into translation/edition of awesomeness named MKnR  :wahaha:

Offline Comicgeekcan

• J-Recruit
  • Renommée: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3892 on: March 08, 2013, 03:33:09 AM »
Um no offense to any Chinese members in this forum

Offline kuro-38

• sorry for my bad english
  • J-Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #3891 on: March 08, 2013, 03:32:08 AM »
:spurt: Uhhmm, far I known NO, He is pursuing solve major mysteries or unsolved dilemmas of their time which involves magic, like flying magic, other one its the main theme of 1st High in Thesis competition.
oo ok, thanks

Offline Comicgeekcan

• J-Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #3890 on: March 08, 2013, 03:29:58 AM »
how is destroying an entire fleet or city-level area localized ?
And the authorization he's gotten was from Kazama, I would think that for this level of destruction the president would call directly and give the order to use MB or any other strategic-class magic.

"Furthermore, all of that is condensed into an instant as it is transmitted. For example... In this situation, the time elapsed between Isori-senpai being wounded and Onii-sama arriving to use magic was approximately 30 seconds. Onii-sama used about 0.2 seconds to review all the changes in the Eidos. In that brief instance, the condensed pain that weighed on Onii-sama's mind is about 150 times Isori-senpai's suffering."
Is the 0.2 seconds only to read the history of the target or does it also include the execution time for Regrowth.
Well in v7c12 Tats use MB twice the 1st on a single retreating ship out in the ocean, it actually the 2nd time on Halloween that he had fun with the Chinese fleet

Offline Chimurry

• J-Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #3889 on: March 08, 2013, 03:05:39 AM »
well, yesterday someone said to me that tatsuya wants to do a nuclear bomb, it's true?

:spurt: Uhhmm, far I known NO, He is pursuing solve major mysteries or unsolved dilemmas of their time which involves magic, like flying magic, other one its the main theme of 1st High in Thesis competition.

Offline kuro-38

• sorry for my bad english
  • J-Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #3888 on: March 08, 2013, 02:38:09 AM »
well, yesterday someone said to me that tatsuya wants to do a nuclear bomb, it's true?

Offline Chimurry

• J-Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #3887 on: March 08, 2013, 12:57:19 AM »
I'm actually more surprised that no one knew more details about Material Burst as well as the identity of its wielder, I mean the 10 master clans must have spies in the military and they should at least be able to make one or two of their members join the 101st battallion so the fact that Tatsuya's abilities are a secret to them is something that I find to be strange.
Also how can Kazama have the authority to allow Tatsuya to use Material Burst, I mean regular nuclear bombs in our world have so many restrictions and even when it's time to use them you'd need for example the President of the country that has them to directly authorize it, but somehow Kazama who isn't even a general(even if he was one it would still be weird) told Tatsuya to use it twice.

Well if I remember the web 6 summaries, USNA and others got a candidates list with 15 potential Strategic Class Magician responsible for GAA fleets and bases wipe out, if USNA got its not strange the 10th Master Clans have their own investigation, not mention we ready known Saegusa active pursuit the matter.

There's a popular misleads or Urban Legends about using nuclear devices or strategic weapons, maybe due Hollywood doing, at least USA and old Soviet Union, now divided Republics have a system of weights and counterweights, which so far has proven works, in USA case its not cuz the President order they launch the attack, they need approval from: President, Secretary of DOD, Chairman of Congress Defense Committee, US Armed Forces Joint Chiefs Staff and finally on the launcher there's 2 persons with 2 keys, password and codes, even if you cut the finger or hand and pull out the eye or "copy" the voice, the system will not work cuz its configuration to "sense" that variations, maybe the movie little more closer about it was the one with Denzel Washington and  Gene Hackman "Crimson Tide", so reading MKnR its looks like was from Prime Minister, Defense Minister, JSDF Joint Chiefs, Major Kazama and finally Tatsuya personal decision, remember specifically after Nuremberg Nazi trials, International Law says the fact You are following Orders don't meant you are innocent from committing crimes, in my Country at least the Law says clearly orders don't apply for committing crimes or Human Rights violations and the one applying the order are responsible same as the one gave the order.

BTW: Is just me or anyone is questioning why Kurobane twins doesn't attend school???

Offline Jirachier

• J-Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #3886 on: March 08, 2013, 12:17:48 AM »
I think he is allowed to MB the enemy if the explosion is on the small scale and localized.
And when Tats MB'ed the GAA fleet Kazama said that the joint chiefs authorized the op.
how is destroying an entire fleet or city-level area localized ?

"Furthermore, all of that is condensed into an instant as it is transmitted. For example... In this situation, the time elapsed between Isori-senpai being wounded and Onii-sama arriving to use magic was approximately 30 seconds. Onii-sama used about 0.2 seconds to review all the changes in the Eidos. In that brief instance, the condensed pain that weighed on Onii-sama's mind is about 150 times Isori-senpai's suffering."
Is the 0.2 seconds only to read the history of the target or does it also include the execution time for Regrowth.

Offline Monstratboy

• J-Addict
  • Renommée: 27
  • MKR's Shiba T.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3885 on: March 08, 2013, 12:16:20 AM »
I'm actually more surprised that no one knew more details about Material Burst as well as the identity of its wielder, I mean the 10 master clans must have spies in the military and they should at least be able to make one or two of their members join the 101st battallion so the fact that Tatsuya's abilities are a secret to them is something that I find to be strange.
Well my previous post is why I think no one knows more details about MB specifically.  He was just a kid in a mask and suit back in Okinawa.

I assume Kazuma only trusted his commissioned officers with the specifics of Tats's background and MB used in Okinawa. Them along with probably the Yotsuba(probably their request to keep everything secret and they are known to be good at keeping secrets) most likely did their utmost best to keep as much as they could secret(Web 6 has Fujibayashi mention her relationship with her Gramps Kudo as being a very distant one, so no secrets leaked on her end).

Offline Comicgeekcan

• J-Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #3884 on: March 07, 2013, 11:55:03 PM »
Also how can Kazama have the authority to allow Tatsuya to use Material Burst, I mean regular nuclear bombs in our world have so many restrictions and even when it's time to use them you'd need for example the President of the country that has them to directly authorize it, but somehow Kazama who isn't even a general(even if he was one it would still be weird) told Tatsuya to use it twice.
I think he is allowed to MB the enemy if the explosion is on the small scale and localized.
And when Tats MB'ed the GAA fleet Kazama said that the joint chiefs authorized the op.

Offline Jirachier

• J-Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #3883 on: March 07, 2013, 09:12:17 PM »

Offline Monstratboy

• J-Addict
  • Renommée: 27
  • MKR's Shiba T.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3882 on: March 07, 2013, 02:04:08 PM »
So if Miyuki at age of 12 knew what was that, Why you considering Mayumi chances are She wouldn't known??
Because she did ask him what he did.  So it seems she only viewed what physically happened and wasn't close enough to sense Tat's magic work like Miyuki did in V8.

Strictly speaking, Mayumi only know that he "did something" but not what he did. She doesn't know the extend of his magic ability, only the end result of that target turning into basic element particles.

MB while used by Tatsuya, is not known to his friends/classmates that he is the one who used it. They might suspect it but it is not something that they know for sure. How many of them could actually relate it to Tatsuya is still unknown. Mayumi might be the only one who can put 1 and 1 together, however since she didn't understand what she "saw", it is still up in the air as to how much she is actually speculating about it (since it was never mentioned at all).
You missed my point, whether the specifics are known is irrelevant. She saw him use magic to disintegrate a truck and eject its driver so she knows he can disintegrate large objects and she saw and was told how he can restore objects.  Those are the basics of Tatsuya's secret birth magics. Anything else like MB is just a variant of his birth magic. Sorry if I wasn't clear previously.

About your last point, it is not really something that  was actually monitored when Tatsuya used MB. How the International Magic Association/Organisation judged that, nuclear radiation fallout causing device and magic were not used in that attack, was never explained; only Maya saying that they have reviewed and judged that it was not, and thus no sanction will be passed on Japan.
Actually, my point here was no one can tell what type of weapon was used in the 3 MB attacks unless someone who knows explained it to them. Any magicians close enough to see the decomposition immediately died.  The USNA started up experiments based on their own theories to try and mimic the result and the Asian Alliance accused Japan of using nuclear weaponry.

Its not written, but I assume the reason his ability was discovered by outside parties is when compared to the small handful of people who saw him use MB in Okinawa, there was a lot more info on his MB magic available by the end of the Yokohama arc. Details were submitted to the Government to request its use, the 3rd Eye CAD actually links to national security systems with cameras thus leaving electronic trails, and a room full of JSDF personnel were briefed and then monitored the last MB attack.  I can easily understand how his secret got out the 2nd time around and not the 1st in this world of magicians and sages who can track any electronic information and governments with magical shinobi-like spies.

Offline henzaeroz

• J-Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #3881 on: March 07, 2013, 01:46:47 PM »
hmmm still discussing about tat's magic ?   :huh:

emmm i want to know about Mist Dispersal.

does this magic widely known ?   :huh:

i mean, among 100.000 magician, how many people can use Mist Dispersal ?
or as long as the magic decomposes substances into molecules, it will be called mist dispersal ?  :huh:
sometimes i think many magician can do it but the matter is how much time they spend to do it.  :XD:

just asking, because i don't really understand about this magic.

Offline Chimurry

• J-Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #3880 on: March 07, 2013, 12:15:35 PM »
huum..
cuz tatsuya original magics just like ultear's time arc magic from fairy tail manga..
but only limited that regrowth has 24 hours rule, while time arc doesnt...

I think its quite close to Ultear, maybe like Lime Bell from Accel World in the time restriction and Orihime from Bleach too (btw: why Tite is killing every one??, adding I support IchigoxOrihime, but, but, arrgg! :dark:

It is possible. however you have to realize that Mayumi doesn't know everything.

Well, I ready said Tats knows more than Mayumi, but Shes quite good educated Nee San, even turn down Her College recommendation and made entrance exam, I know its usual, but if you analyze her interventions is fair to think since She being the Gakuen Kaicho and member of 1 of 2 most power full Families of the 10th Master Clans, met this 2nd course student, sit on the bench, her curiosity comes risen every time the LN advance, honestly I question myself if She have real romance interest or not in Tats.   :wakuwaku:

No, Mayumi does not know that what Tatsuya did exactly only that he (as quoted) destroyed a truck. In no place was it ever explained that she know his true ability. She knows what he did, just not how he did it. She can speculate, but there is no way she knows for sure.
Obviously she will not know Material Burst, she could guess, if she knew what was done, but she will never know unless someone tells her.

Well, I think you are little strict with Texts than even comes translated from a non define language as Japanese, its almost like discussing the Bible issues, I talking off course about the point of the discussion being subject so restricted to texts, which originally Language its "vague" in many points if you cross reference the closest to our understanding with the idea of understand the translated texts.
So, let give an example from Vol 7, ch 12 could have different connotation than the strict to the texts and is NOT @Drey fault, just could be mislead depend of the reader due the original language restriction (even if comes from Chinese they usually don't separate from original):
Sorry, please read the forum rules to see why you can't view spoilers and why you can't post in this forum section. Thank you!

What means Destruction for You??, huge fireball or Hollywood explosion??, Mayumi was using her sensory Magic by the time Tats "destroy" the truck in the other side of the wall, lets review Tats explanation about Mayumi Sensory Magic description from Vol 3, ch 5:

According this She "see" what happened to the truck, even repeated again when the locusts was attacking the helicopter during evacuation efforts and every one see with naked eye, even its not weird She could sense Tats five marks during the plaza stance, cuz logic says She must use that magic in case surprise attack from enemy, I don't think could avoid Suzune taken as hostage, cuz was almost inevitable due closeness by the attackers, even this is a hint She was using her sensory magic instead paying attention to the refugees.

My point its very simple: according Vol 8, Miyuki age 12 understood that's was disintegration magic involve with Tats doing, We ready known Mayumi is really smart, even Tats made that remark from same chapter:
"Tatsuya's endless praise towards Mayumi elicited complex expressions from Miyuki and the others.
They also acknowledged that Mayumi's Magic Power was incredible, but hearing Tatsuya, who was usually very critical on all things magic, give such unrestrained praise could not help but arouse some jealousy."

So if Miyuki at age of 12 knew what was that, Why you considering Mayumi chances are She wouldn't known??, even considering Her experience, have 18 years old, from the 10th master clans, president of the school and the fact they learn magic as basics of the basics, if knowledge its the issue, well, She could access her Clan database or Magic College database and research about it, even Cardinal George was close to define, considering the facts its was why Cardinal George didn't hit the spot.
She said "destroy" but I don't think was in sense of explosion, it was in sense of nothing was left.

Offline lyndine

• J-Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3879 on: March 07, 2013, 11:30:05 AM »
 :hi:

Don't know if anyone have linked this, but to those who still have problems downloading previous volumes of the novel you can get it here:

They're pretty updated.
 Don't forget those spoiler tags! Please read the rules.

Offline wowlethon

• J-Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3878 on: March 07, 2013, 09:07:09 AM »
thanks for the chapters.

Offline flashman24

• J-Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3877 on: March 07, 2013, 08:25:51 AM »
 :banzai: Thank you Dreyakis for all your hard work!
Mmm...volume 9. I can't wait :tenshi2:

Offline malason13

• J-Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3876 on: March 06, 2013, 04:27:04 AM »
Definitely waiting for the Lina Tatsuya Pic. HAHAHAHA  :wahaha: :wahaha: :wahaha:

Offline synbios

• J-Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3875 on: March 06, 2013, 02:10:37 AM »
best of all the Lina pics

Offline malason13

• J-Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3874 on: March 06, 2013, 01:07:18 AM »
even though it will be translate maybe 1 or 2 months later but Novel Illustrations will be good enough for me  :wahaha:
Same for me. As long there is an illustration i'm already happy. :XD: :wahaha:

Offline aespire

• J-Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #3873 on: March 05, 2013, 09:18:37 PM »
Mayumi knows Tats magics:
a) Divine Left
b) Demon Right
This both not with Asian Alliance nicknames or even Makeishura code for him, here a extract quote from Mayumi SS: "The first person Mayumi thought of was the arrogant, mature, yet reliable low ranked student. He’s the first year that destroyed a truck, generated a maelstrom of blinding Psion, and used a miracle-level healing ability. However, upon remembering Kazame’s warning of “national secret,” she remained silent.", add this the locusts cloud erased in fromt of Honnoka, Shizuku, her buttler, Suzune and Mayumi.
c) Gram Demolition
d) Magic Interference
Forgetting others??, Material Burst still unknown for all them.

Just thinking twice: The author forgot Honoka during the last part of Vol12/ch12.
No, Mayumi does not know that what Tatsuya did exactly only that he (as quoted) destroyed a truck. In no place was it ever explained that she know his true ability. She knows what he did, just not how he did it. She can speculate, but there is no way she knows for sure.

Obviously she will not know Material Burst, she could guess, if she knew what was done, but she will never know unless someone tells her.

Offline henzaeroz

• J-Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #3872 on: March 05, 2013, 09:08:31 PM »
5 more days to the release of Volume 9..... :ham:

even though it will be translate maybe 1 or 2 months later but Novel Illustrations will be good enough for me  :wahaha:

Offline lyndine

• J-Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3871 on: March 05, 2013, 08:59:45 PM »
5 more days to the release of Volume 9..... :ham:

Offline HasNoLove

• The Last Ngayau of Borneon's Dayak Tribe
  • J-Regular
  • Renommée: -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3870 on: March 05, 2013, 06:24:40 PM »
you mean mayumi doesn't know if there is a magic that can decompose matter like that ( she doesn't know Mist Dispersal ) ?  :huh:
huum..
cuz tatsuya original magics just like ultear's time arc magic from fairy tail manga..
but only limited that regrowth has 24 hours rule, while time arc doesnt...

Offline henzaeroz

• J-Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #3869 on: March 05, 2013, 06:17:51 PM »
It is possible. however you have to realize that Mayumi doesn't know everything.

you mean mayumi doesn't know if there is a magic that can decompose matter like that ( she doesn't know Mist Dispersal ) ?  :huh:

Offline malason13

• J-Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3868 on: March 05, 2013, 05:57:21 PM »
is it possible that mayumi know if tatsuya has magic that could decomposed object but doesnt know what's the name..??

Offline HasNoLove

• J-Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #3867 on: March 05, 2013, 05:53:19 PM »
Uhhmm, my POV insist Mayumi known its was "pure decomposition", to be accurate She "saw" the truck dissapear as dust, cuz her sensor magic, and with locusts She and Suzune saw right in front with bare eyes, unless the author write otherwise is (under my view) little strict think everything have to be in the book, just say as example: Vol08, ch06, Miyuki at age of 12 and without previous known She "identify" Tats magic when decompose the torpedoes, so, Mayumi at 18 years old, smart high profile in Magic World knowledge (just read again her participation as off scene comments and explaining, remember She was the one first explain GD of the 9 Schools competition) and knowing Tats being out of the box individual, Tats applied Magic something high class.
Honestly as I appointed before, I think the author leave gaps, holes and even forgetting Honoka was on Saegusa evacuation helicopter with Miyuki and co, I read quick his afterword and seems he have problems with the draws of the invasion, maybe he is not Military or ever was, We been talking about the Media and gossip spread about Tats MB impact on the New and Social Networks, We ready read on Vol 7, even the Alliance tryout to cover "Makeishura" and tape on the mouth silence wasn't enough, almost all them reacted to that code name.
I can hardly wait Vol 9, to see if the author cover that issues.
is it possible that mayumi know if tatsuya has magic that could decomposed object but doesnt know what's the name..??

Offline Chimurry

• J-Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #3866 on: March 05, 2013, 04:05:32 PM »
yeah, agree with you.  :hi:

i think mayumi doesn't know about his decomposition.  :huh:

she just curious what he did to the truck.  :XD:

Uhhmm, my POV insist Mayumi known its was "pure decomposition", to be accurate She "saw" the truck dissapear as dust, cuz her sensor magic, and with locusts She and Suzune saw right in front with bare eyes, unless the author write otherwise is (under my view) little strict think everything have to be in the book, just say as example: Vol08, ch06, Miyuki at age of 12 and without previous known She "identify" Tats magic when decompose the torpedoes, so, Mayumi at 18 years old, smart high profile in Magic World knowledge (just read again her participation as off scene comments and explaining, remember She was the one first explain GD of the 9 Schools competition) and knowing Tats being out of the box individual, Tats applied Magic something high class.
Honestly as I appointed before, I think the author leave gaps, holes and even forgetting Honoka was on Saegusa evacuation helicopter with Miyuki and co, I read quick his afterword and seems he have problems with the draws of the invasion, maybe he is not Military or ever was, We been talking about the Media and gossip spread about Tats MB impact on the New and Social Networks, We ready read on Vol 7, even the Alliance tryout to cover "Makeishura" and tape on the mouth silence wasn't enough, almost all them reacted to that code name.
I can hardly wait Vol 9, to see if the author cover that issues.

Offline henzaeroz

• J-Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #3865 on: March 05, 2013, 12:16:48 PM »
I don't think she knows what method he used to destroy the truck, just that it vanished instantly.

only the "decomposition" branch of magic he has is still secret, whether it's normal decomposition, mist dispersion, or material burst, none of them are revealed to the others. mayumi knows he did something to the truck, but not how and what he did.

yeah, agree with you.  :hi:

i think mayumi doesn't know about his decomposition.  :huh:

she just curious what he did to the truck.  :XD:

Offline marids

• J-Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3864 on: March 05, 2013, 12:01:58 PM »
‏‎Gram demolition is the magic everybody knows about.Gram dispertion and mist dispetion belong to the classified decomposition magic exlusive to tatsuya with the first being able to decompose magic and the second being able to decompose physical matter.‎

the "gram" related magics are only about the manipulation of psions, i.e using lots of condensed psions to break spells or small but targeted amounts to render spells ineffective, and are not classified, the gram dispersion one is simply deemed unusable practically outside of lab environment due to the need to perceive the magic sequences extremely quickly and accurately while they are being formed. the fact that tatsuya can use it, is suppose to be a secret due to him having sixth sense. but the fact that he can do anti-magic was blabbed already in vol 2 when the miyuki talked in the cafe to the others about how he can specifically counter magic rituals without antinite. she didn't name it gram dispersion at that discussion but that's what she was talking about.

only the "decomposition" branch of magic he has is still secret, whether it's normal decomposition, mist dispersion, or material burst, none of them are revealed to the others. mayumi knows he did something to the truck, but not how and what he did.

Offline chraiti6119

• J-Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #3863 on: March 05, 2013, 09:28:37 AM »
‏‎Gram demolition is the magic everybody knows about.Gram dispersion and mist dispersion belong to the classified decomposition magic exlusive to tatsuya with the first being able to decompose magic and the second being able to decompose physical matter.‎

Offline XFire

• J-Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #3862 on: March 05, 2013, 08:46:48 AM »
nah i wonder about this.

does mayumi know about Mist Dispersal ?  or she just curios about the large truck that faded into dust.

from my pov, she doesn't understand what happen.

Mist Dispersal is the name of Tatsuya's personal magic that vaporizes solid objects. She does know about Gram Dispersion, which (normally) only breaks apart magic sequences. I don't think she knows what method he used to destroy the truck, just that it vanished instantly.

Offline henzaeroz

• J-Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #3861 on: March 05, 2013, 07:46:17 AM »
b) Demon Right
This both not with Asian Alliance nicknames or even Makeishura code for him, here a extract quote from Mayumi SS: "The first person Mayumi thought of was the arrogant, mature, yet reliable low ranked student. He’s the first year that destroyed a truck, generated a maelstrom of blinding Psion, and used a miracle-level healing ability. However, upon remembering Kazame’s warning of “national secret,” she remained silent.", add this the locusts cloud erased in fromt of Honnoka, Shizuku, her buttler, Suzune and Mayumi.

nah i wonder about this.

does mayumi know about Mist Dispersal ?  or she just curios about the large truck that faded into dust.

from my pov, she doesn't understand what happen.

Offline sceonn

• J-Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3860 on: March 05, 2013, 07:37:32 AM »
Got this new idea that pop in my head. What if the string puller behind the Yotsuba family Tatsuya's trying to find is a former Clan Head with Outer-Systematic Mental Interference Magic who's going to joined (mentally) with Miyuki upon her becoming head like in a ceremony thus changing her and ensuring her loyalty? Because magic is inherited, Both Miya & Miyuki got Outer-Systematic Mental Interference Magic from the former Chief/Dad who likely inherited it from someone up the bloodline.

Just a thought...

Offline Chimurry

• J-Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #3859 on: March 05, 2013, 07:00:35 AM »
I doubt it can work that way. There are multiple reasons why.

1) If all of them take damage at the same time, he'll suffer from a huge amount of pain at the same time if it automatically does that on all of them together.
2) He'll need to constantly monitor their body's condition, taking away large amount of his attention, which he can and should be using against threats in a combat situation rather than spend all his time "baby-sitting" people around him constantly (he already and only does that for Miyuki).
3) Each cast of his Regrowth ability requires huge amount of information input, which means he will need to keep a large amount of "backup" data from the constant monitoring of the "friendlies" around him that it will impact his combat abilities. You have to understand that, from what I have read about Regrowth, he need to create a "storage" to contain all the information of his target (if I remember correctly, this is something Miyuki sensed when he used Regrowth in the Recollection LN08, else it was something in LN07, I'm just remembering offhand) before he cast Regrowth, and this means that if he has to do it on a "auto-restore" mode for a group of people around him, thats a huge amount of data which he has to hold and this will impact his magic abilities.

Replied: March 04, 2013, 10:31:18 PM
Strictly speaking, Mayumi only know that he "did something" but not what he did. She doesn't know the extend of his magic ability, only the end result of that target turning into basic element particles.

MB while used by Tatsuya, is not known to his friends/classmates that he is the one who used it. They might suspect it but it is not something that they know for sure. How many of them could actually relate it to Tatsuya is still unknown. Mayumi might be the only one who can put 1 and 1 together, however since she didn't understand what she "saw", it is still up in the air as to how much she is actually speculating about it (since it was never mentioned at all).

About your last point, it is not really something that  was actually monitored when Tatsuya used MB. How the International Magic Association/Organisation judged that, nuclear radiation fallout causing device and magic were not used in that attack, was never explained; only Maya saying that they have reviewed and judged that it was not, and thus no sanction will be passed on Japan.

Mayumi knows Tats magics:
a) Divine Left
b) Demon Right
c) Gram Demolition
d) Magic Interference
Forgetting others??, Material Burst still unknown for all them.

Just thinking twice: The author forgot Honoka during the last part of Vol12/ch12.

Offline shadowman17

• J-Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3858 on: March 05, 2013, 04:33:21 AM »
Yay for chapter 13......Dreyakis, thank you for the translation :tenshi2:  :balloon:

Offline Shorya Meena

• J-Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3857 on: March 05, 2013, 02:14:20 AM »
Thanx Drey for the two awesome chapters!!!!

Offline fast_eel

• J-Recruit
  • Magic!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3856 on: March 05, 2013, 12:29:11 AM »
thank you Dreyakis! for the las two chapters of volume 7, it was awesome!

Offline HasNoLove

• J-Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #3855 on: March 05, 2013, 12:15:30 AM »
chapter 13's so ROCK..!! :XD: :XD:
the expression of those who watchin enemies fleet base gone into nothin was make my jaw gaping in awe..

Thanks drey..

Offline aespire

• J-Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #3854 on: March 04, 2013, 10:23:17 PM »
I was thinking that maybe Tatsuya could get better with Regrowth if he could cast it on like 10 people around him in auto-restoration mode just like it's the case with him so that once one of them is injured they get healed immediately without him having to look after them(if these 10 people are elites combined with tatsuya's abilities they could take on hundreds/thousands of foes).
I doubt it can work that way. There are multiple reasons why.

1) If all of them take damage at the same time, he'll suffer from a huge amount of pain at the same time if it automatically does that on all of them together.
2) He'll need to constantly monitor their body's condition, taking away large amount of his attention, which he can and should be using against threats in a combat situation rather than spend all his time "baby-sitting" people around him constantly (he already and only does that for Miyuki).
3) Each cast of his Regrowth ability requires huge amount of information input, which means he will need to keep a large amount of "backup" data from the constant monitoring of the "friendlies" around him that it will impact his combat abilities. You have to understand that, from what I have read about Regrowth, he need to create a "storage" to contain all the information of his target (if I remember correctly, this is something Miyuki sensed when he used Regrowth in the Recollection LN08, else it was something in LN07, I'm just remembering offhand) before he cast Regrowth, and this means that if he has to do it on a "auto-restore" mode for a group of people around him, thats a huge amount of data which he has to hold and this will impact his magic abilities.

Replied: March 04, 2013, 10:31:18 PM
Yeah she saw him use Decompsition Mist Dispersion on a large target and now knows it belongs to secret JSDF stuff. Knowing what its called and how he did it can be summed up as he used his secret magic and left at that.

MB is still decomposition magic and knowing he can take such magic to such a level should't really change much for his friends as they already know he is a secret weapon for the JSDF and can use powerful offensive magic.

And anyone actually close enough to personally see or sense Tatsuya's Decomposition magic trigger a nuclear explosion would actually die in said explosion. Its something you would have to use monitoring equipment to catch no weapon of science was used and then theorize what magic was used or Tatsuya himself would have to explain he did it ad how.

About your last point, it is not really something that  was actually monitored when Tatsuya used MB. How the International Magic Association/Organisation judged that, nuclear radiation fallout causing device and magic were not used in that attack, was never explained; only Maya saying that they have reviewed and judged that it was not, and thus no sanction will be passed on Japan.

Offline Vandermillion

• J-Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #3853 on: March 04, 2013, 08:51:36 PM »
Dreyakis, thou art a gentleman and a scholar. Thank you for making the day somewhat brighter.

Offline Vampirecat

• J-Regular
  • Renommée: 28
    • View Profile
« Reply #3852 on: March 04, 2013, 07:39:50 PM »
Thanks for ch.12 and ch.13, Dreyakis!

Offline malason13

• J-Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3851 on: March 04, 2013, 05:46:46 PM »
Dreyakis Thanks for chapter 12 and 13!!

Just reading chapter 13 and I'm getting goose bumps! :wahaha:
Anyway this last part really is just awesome!

What do you guys think about it?