Funds $17 | Needed $120
Like the community? Enjoy reading manga?
Then click on the small donation banner! Thx!

16%

Author Topic: Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei vol.01-14+  (Read 785527 times)

zwabbit and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline shadowman17

• J-Starter
  • Renommée: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei vol.01-08+
« Reply #3858 on: March 05, 2013, 04:33:21 AM »
Yay for chapter 13......Dreyakis, thank you for the translation :tenshi2:  :balloon:

Offline Shorya Meena

• J-Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3857 on: March 05, 2013, 02:14:20 AM »
Thanx Drey for the two awesome chapters!!!!

Offline fast_eel

• J-Recruit
  • Magic!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3856 on: March 05, 2013, 12:29:11 AM »
thank you Dreyakis! for the las two chapters of volume 7, it was awesome!

Offline HasNoLove

• The Last Ngayau of Borneon's Dayak Tribe
  • J-Regular
  • Renommée: -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3855 on: March 05, 2013, 12:15:30 AM »
chapter 13's so ROCK..!! :XD: :XD:
the expression of those who watchin enemies fleet base gone into nothin was make my jaw gaping in awe..

Thanks drey..

Offline aespire

• J-Regular
  • Renommée: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #3854 on: March 04, 2013, 10:23:17 PM »
I was thinking that maybe Tatsuya could get better with Regrowth if he could cast it on like 10 people around him in auto-restoration mode just like it's the case with him so that once one of them is injured they get healed immediately without him having to look after them(if these 10 people are elites combined with tatsuya's abilities they could take on hundreds/thousands of foes).
I doubt it can work that way. There are multiple reasons why.

1) If all of them take damage at the same time, he'll suffer from a huge amount of pain at the same time if it automatically does that on all of them together.
2) He'll need to constantly monitor their body's condition, taking away large amount of his attention, which he can and should be using against threats in a combat situation rather than spend all his time "baby-sitting" people around him constantly (he already and only does that for Miyuki).
3) Each cast of his Regrowth ability requires huge amount of information input, which means he will need to keep a large amount of "backup" data from the constant monitoring of the "friendlies" around him that it will impact his combat abilities. You have to understand that, from what I have read about Regrowth, he need to create a "storage" to contain all the information of his target (if I remember correctly, this is something Miyuki sensed when he used Regrowth in the Recollection LN08, else it was something in LN07, I'm just remembering offhand) before he cast Regrowth, and this means that if he has to do it on a "auto-restore" mode for a group of people around him, thats a huge amount of data which he has to hold and this will impact his magic abilities.

Replied: March 04, 2013, 10:31:18 PM
Yeah she saw him use Decompsition Mist Dispersion on a large target and now knows it belongs to secret JSDF stuff. Knowing what its called and how he did it can be summed up as he used his secret magic and left at that.

MB is still decomposition magic and knowing he can take such magic to such a level should't really change much for his friends as they already know he is a secret weapon for the JSDF and can use powerful offensive magic.

And anyone actually close enough to personally see or sense Tatsuya's Decomposition magic trigger a nuclear explosion would actually die in said explosion. Its something you would have to use monitoring equipment to catch no weapon of science was used and then theorize what magic was used or Tatsuya himself would have to explain he did it ad how.
Strictly speaking, Mayumi only know that he "did something" but not what he did. She doesn't know the extend of his magic ability, only the end result of that target turning into basic element particles.

MB while used by Tatsuya, is not known to his friends/classmates that he is the one who used it. They might suspect it but it is not something that they know for sure. How many of them could actually relate it to Tatsuya is still unknown. Mayumi might be the only one who can put 1 and 1 together, however since she didn't understand what she "saw", it is still up in the air as to how much she is actually speculating about it (since it was never mentioned at all).

About your last point, it is not really something that  was actually monitored when Tatsuya used MB. How the International Magic Association/Organisation judged that, nuclear radiation fallout causing device and magic were not used in that attack, was never explained; only Maya saying that they have reviewed and judged that it was not, and thus no sanction will be passed on Japan.

Offline Vandermillion

• J-Recruit
  • Renommée: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3853 on: March 04, 2013, 08:51:36 PM »
Dreyakis, thou art a gentleman and a scholar. Thank you for making the day somewhat brighter.

Offline Vampirecat

• J-Regular
  • Renommée: 28
    • View Profile
« Reply #3852 on: March 04, 2013, 07:39:50 PM »
Thanks for ch.12 and ch.13, Dreyakis!

Offline malason13

• J-Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3851 on: March 04, 2013, 05:46:46 PM »
Dreyakis Thanks for chapter 12 and 13!!

Just reading chapter 13 and I'm getting goose bumps! :wahaha:
Anyway this last part really is just awesome!

Sorry, please read the forum rules to see why you can't view spoilers and why you can't post in this forum section. Thank you!

What do you guys think about it?

Offline xandrew

• J-Member
  • Renommée: -91
    • View Profile
« Reply #3850 on: March 04, 2013, 05:37:56 PM »
I am still having goosebumps after reading chapter 13...Damn!!

Offline sgarro

• J-Reaper
  • J-Overlord
  • Renommée: 61
    • View Profile
« Reply #3849 on: March 04, 2013, 05:21:39 PM »
I advice those who wish to start their own flame war to keep in pvt messages, thank you.

Offline Rac

• J-Regular
  • Renommée: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #3848 on: March 04, 2013, 05:05:49 PM »
Chapter 13 out. Thanks Dreyakis....

Offline Monstratboy

• J-Addict
  • Renommée: 27
  • MKR's Shiba T.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3847 on: March 04, 2013, 01:51:54 PM »
Yeah she saw him use Decompsition Mist Dispersion on a large target and now knows it belongs to secret JSDF stuff. Knowing what its called and how he did it can be summed up as he used his secret magic and left at that.

MB is still decomposition magic and knowing he can take such magic to such a level should't really change much for his friends as they already know he is a secret weapon for the JSDF and can use powerful offensive magic.

And anyone actually close enough to personally see or sense Tatsuya's Decomposition magic trigger a nuclear explosion would actually die in said explosion. Its something you would have to use monitoring equipment to catch no weapon of science was used and then theorize what magic was used or Tatsuya himself would have to explain he did it ad how.

Offline henzaeroz

• J-Regular
  • Renommée: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #3846 on: March 04, 2013, 12:09:10 PM »
I see in the most recent chapter, she now knows of his restoration ability. But does she know about his decomposition later on? or even MB?

i think she don't know about his decomposition.

but she is curios about the large truck that faded into dust.

Sorry, please read the forum rules to see why you can't view spoilers and why you can't post in this forum section. Thank you!

Offline bloodyclaws

• J-Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3845 on: March 04, 2013, 11:35:48 AM »
Yeah I know what was in the summary and I personally still feel its talking about using their own magic.

Its natural for her and everyone else to be curious, I'm just saying Mayumi has now sated the majority of her curiosity as she has already come to a conclusion about his family background and she and the gang have now learned of his true abilities and why he keeps his abilities hidden. She then goes on to remind the others not pry further into Tatsuya's past and magic. Which she herself kept to in the later web arcs.

I see in the most recent chapter, she now knows of his restoration ability. But does she know about his decomposition later on? or even MB?

Offline Monstratboy

• J-Addict
  • MKR's Shiba T.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3844 on: March 04, 2013, 11:12:07 AM »
Yeah I know what was in the summary and I personally still feel its talking about using their own magic.

Its natural for her and everyone else to be curious, I'm just saying Mayumi has now sated the majority of her curiosity as she has already come to a conclusion about his family background and she and the gang have now learned of his true abilities and why he keeps his abilities hidden. She then goes on to remind the others not pry further into Tatsuya's past and magic. Which she herself kept to in the later web arcs.

Offline Chimurry

• J-Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #3843 on: March 04, 2013, 05:54:59 AM »
Can't thank Seitsuki and Dreyakis enough for all the time they've spent on this.
I think this is the warning Yakumo gave the Shibas in V6.  And I suppose the magician could be Mizuki or Tatsuya. I can only assume its Mizuki since I believe it would be more difficult for Miyuki to contact Tatsuya.

Yeah, and Toshikazu Chiba had no idea. But we learn in later web arcs the Saegusas have close ties to the military.  She and her group have now seen the 101st and Tatsuya's abilities and weapons 1st hand and have been told to keep it a secret. The other major family secrets Tatsuya keeps she already tested in V5 and came to her own final  conclusions(although their wrong).  No reason yet why she should want to investigate him further.
In the SS, I read it as they are talking about her andher sister's ability for casting magic and not about identifying other's magic.

In regards to other's magic, Mayumi does seem more knowledgeable when identifying magic spells.  I believe this means she is just more well read on various magic than most of those around her like Tatsuya is.

Quote from SS: "As the two sisters ask about Mayumi’s practice, it’s noted that Mayumi is someone who relies on her emotions over the theories in magic. The twins are the same. If anything, their senses and awareness of magic activation is even better than her."

Just let me add I dont want open a debate cuz this, in basics I think same as you, I will point She could have a sixth sense over magic activation and thats why She can identify most of the Magics due the fact state on the SS and looks like Her sisters too, but when She thoght seen all, come this guy and break her "possible magics in the world" and do the theoretical impossible, adding he a low ranked magic abilities student, She have a "Neko Type" personality due She really smart and infinitely curious, raised in "all been ste environment", even when the times comes She have to marry and have close relationship with the man designed by her family, without thinking in her feelings or ideas, She somehow accepted her fate in exchange for minor changes, like the treatment to other less talented people (outcasts, outnumbered, ancient magics, others) and this Guy with his sister comes from "nowhere", without known record and keep doing things with the experts and academics saying are impossible or maybe, but not in the Tats doing scale, like Gram Demolition, I bet my 2 cents her curiosity is skyrocket and give a huge dilemma, cuz afterall Shes a good girl.

About her knowledge, well, so far I think Shes the one whom shown a really overwhelming knowledge about magics, even Tats is surprise sometimes by Her, but if compare Tats, well, hes a A type Nerd, adding something I ready appoint: You could have the knowledge, but if think in the box and don't break that line of think you keep think like Isori, Kirihara and others when saw or experiment "Regrowth" right in front of all them and one on one confirmation, but the shock didn't allow them to think out the box and with this missing important facts about Tats.  

Online Jirachier

• J-Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #3842 on: March 04, 2013, 05:43:25 AM »
she was either talking about Mizuki or Tatsuya, I don't know which one but i think it's tatsuya since Mizuki most of the time just identifies that something is wrong somewhere but doesn't know the details  while miyuki was warned specifically against vectors.

Offline jcsmith123

• J-Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #3841 on: March 04, 2013, 03:40:19 AM »

Replied: March 02, 2013, 04:09:06 PM
I think it was Fujibayashi (correct me if I'm wrong) that told Tatsuya about it and then he told Miyuki. And the "Magician" she's referring about most probably is Mizuki.

That could be possible since it is mentioned a few times that Fujibayashi is a family that is known for their knowledge and specialty in ancient magic like the Yoshida family Mikihiko is from. That stuff is based heavily on stuff like feng shui and Buddhism.

Offline Monstratboy

• J-Addict
  • MKR's Shiba T.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3840 on: March 04, 2013, 03:35:31 AM »
Can't thank Seitsuki and Dreyakis enough for all the time they've spent on this.

Who told her about the Vectors? Found no part where this warning was spoken.
Also the "Magician who can see the unseeable", i would guess she means Tatsuya, but wasnt he away from her during that time? Or is she referring to Mizuki and her special eyes?
I think this is the warning Yakumo gave the Shibas in V6.  And I suppose the magician could be Mizuki or Tatsuya. I can only assume its Mizuki since I believe it would be more difficult for Miyuki to contact Tatsuya.

BTW: Mayumi knew before about JSDF "Special Magic Unit", just didn't known the label 101st Battalion.
Yeah, and Toshikazu Chiba had no idea. But we learn in later web arcs the Saegusas have close ties to the military.  She and her group have now seen the 101st and Tatsuya's abilities and weapons 1st hand and have been told to keep it a secret. The other major family secrets Tatsuya keeps she already tested in V5 and came to her own final  conclusions(although their wrong).  No reason yet why she should want to investigate him further.

From Mayumi SS, is said She have the ability to grasp magics techniques and types, similar from Tats, the twins are more sharp on this,
In the SS, I read it as they are talking about her andher sister's ability for casting magic and not about identifying other's magic.

In regards to other's magic, Mayumi does seem more knowledgeable when identifying magic spells.  I believe this means she is just more well read on various magic than most of those around her like Tatsuya is.

Offline orig27

• J-Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3839 on: March 04, 2013, 02:42:34 AM »

Replied: [time]Sun Mar  3 09:49:24 2013[/time]
and here i thought it was tats for certain. ,meaning one who saw.
well mizuki can also see
can someone shed some light on this issue?

Well i guess its gonna be Mizuki in this one, bcuz Mizuki's the only one who can see aside from Tatsuya who is so far away from the group,....
Beside what Tatsuya sees are changes in the worlds information, not vectors, so if its hinted vectors its gonna be Mizuki who can see everything as a whole part of the world

Offline A167

• J-Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #3838 on: March 04, 2013, 01:44:30 AM »
I was thinking that maybe Tatsuya could get better with Regrowth if he could cast it on like 10 people around him in auto-restoration mode just like it's the case with him so that once one of them is injured they get healed immediately without him having to look after them(if these 10 people are elites combined with tatsuya's abilities they could take on hundreds/thousands of foes).
what about the pain?
wont it will get combined and multiplied.

Replied: March 04, 2013, 01:49:24 AM

I think it was Fujibayashi (correct me if I'm wrong) that told Tatsuya about it and then he told Miyuki. And the "Magician" she's referring about most probably is Mizuki.
and here i thought it was tats for certain. ,meaning one who saw.
well mizuki can also see
can someone shed some light on this issue?

Offline xandrew

• J-Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3837 on: March 04, 2013, 01:14:13 AM »
Is this your delusion of grandeur? Can you elaborate on your involvement please? As a very narrow-minded person I am all grateful to Dreyakis for translating this, Baka-Tsuki for hosting it and gathering the editors, and of course all those editors fixing any typos they find.
But it seems I completely disregarded your effort in bringing this chapter to us. So naturally, I'm curious. What exactly did you to help?
You don't have to answer. Cause it seems anything else you say, will simply disgust me.
 :gtfo:

You have a crush on me? It looks to me that way... :huh: :huh:
 Please don't goad...

Offline lyndine

• J-Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3836 on: March 04, 2013, 01:03:56 AM »
People... people lets cool down a bit.
Though it also infuriate me that SOME PEOPLE use their brains less than they use their mouth (or hands to type in this matter), I don't think it appropriate to spam the forum. Just choose the 'BAD POST' option to hopefully alert the mod or, if you know the mod, tell them directly. If you want to have an all out brawl you can use the PM. Or better yet, IGNORE their replies COMPLETELY. Bird brained have less capability to learn than old dogs, so there is NO USE to tell them that they're in the wrong. Replying just gave them satisfaction that someone actually pay attention to them. It's a WASTE OF TIME, WASTE OF ROOM in the forum, and WASTE OF ENERGY to type.

Now, I just want to THANK DREYAKIS for the update. It takes a while but it's worth it. I personally have no issue to wait a bit for translation, since I'm GRATEFUL enough that SOMEONE is WILLING to translate this. This novel surely has a class of it's own in the group of online novels, simply because it's a TECHNICAL TERM NIGHTMARE. Really, you can name only a handful of online novels that have this MANY technical terms in ONE CHAPTER alone. Let's face it, you can copy paste a paragraph of Koizora on a translator and though it still have mistakes you can get a readable translation. With Mahouka, you're lucky if you can understand 2-3 sentences with the same translator.

So in the end lets APPRECIATE the EFFORT of our UNPAID translator, and if anyone still have issue with the release time I can only say... GET A LIFE. You're world does not revolve in this novel alone. If it is, YOU will be the one who translate it and bring updates everyday.

One Question to Volume 7 Chapter 12 on Baka Tsuki:

By the part where Miyuki confronts Chen in the Magic Association she says this:

Also the "Magician who can see the unseeable", i would guess she means Tatsuya, but wasnt he away from her during that time? Or is she referring to Mizuki and her special eyes?

Offline distra

• J-Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #3835 on: March 03, 2013, 11:54:23 PM »
Aren't you the one who should be banned? What did I do to offend you? Without me you won't be reading chapter 12 today.
Is this your delusion of grandeur? Can you elaborate on your involvement please? As a very narrow-minded person I am all grateful to Dreyakis for translating this, Baka-Tsuki for hosting it and gathering the editors, and of course all those editors fixing any typos they find.
But it seems I completely disregarded your effort in bringing this chapter to us. So naturally, I'm curious. What exactly did you to help?
You don't have to answer. Cause it seems anything else you say, will simply disgust me.

Let me ask you, did I cause you so much trouble that you want me banned? Making a fuss over small things...you think you are important? duh~
:gtfo:

Offline Crushow

• J-Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3834 on: March 03, 2013, 11:46:14 PM »
One Question to Volume 7 Chapter 12 on Baka Tsuki:

By the part where Miyuki confronts Chen in the Magic Association she says this:

Quote (selected)
"That's because I received a warning. Be careful of the vectors."

Chen's eyes widened. That implied that someone had already seen through his magic.

"Honestly, just this warning alone was rather hard to comprehend. Since I was warned to watch the vectors, I might as well as be on guard against all 360 degrees. I know I'll get something this way."

That's complete bull crap, Chen thought. If that alone was sufficient to break Ghostwalker, then the technique would have gone extinct long ago. Yet — the reality was that his spell had been broken. Just as he was considering this, Chen's body detected a different chill than the cold air that was surrounding him.

"Fortunately, we have a Magician on our side who can see the unseeable, so we could catch your figure even if we couldn't see your magic."

Online Jirachier

• J-Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #3833 on: March 03, 2013, 11:27:04 PM »

Offline Rac

• J-Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #3832 on: March 03, 2013, 10:11:17 PM »
Mayumi stick her tongue out to  Tatsuya!

she certainly is spontaneous. really friendly to tats.

Hahaha Isn't she? That's what I love about her :maikka: . Best personality from among the girls in MKnR. You never get tired of her. Mayumi for the win, Oh Yeahhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!! :yay:

Offline xandrew

• J-Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3831 on: March 03, 2013, 09:19:07 PM »
someone please report Moderator and Banned this guy  :p!ssed:
Let me ask you, did I cause you so much trouble that you want me banned? Making a fuss over small things...you think you are important? duh~

Offline henzaeroz

• J-Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #3830 on: March 03, 2013, 09:09:23 PM »
Aren't you the one who should be banned? What did I do to offend you? Without me you won't be reading chapter 12 today.

someone please report Moderator and Banned this guy  :p!ssed:

Offline xandrew

• J-Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3829 on: March 03, 2013, 09:02:54 PM »
Would someone ban this asshole from J cafe already? Don't even want to reply to the crap this pussy's blurting out. BTW like Enigmatic said,he's already banned from the BT forums.

P.s: Forgive me for my crude language. But I had to say(Okay, type) it.

Offline A167

• J-Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #3828 on: March 03, 2013, 08:48:09 PM »
 Mayumi stick her tongue out to  Tatsuya!

she certainly is spontaneous. really friendly to tats.

Offline HasNoLove

• J-Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #3827 on: March 03, 2013, 07:10:30 PM »
Would someone ban this asshole from J cafe already? Don't even want to reply to the crap this pussy's blurting out. BTW like Enigmatic said,he's already banned from the BT forums.

well just report him to Mod...
but whut'll writen on the report..??

oh yeah.. third eye's gonna unsleashed right..??
if im not wrong dat's a CAD right??
from the ilustration, is dat sniper rifle's the third eye's 101 batalion sealed..??

Offline Rac

• J-Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #3826 on: March 03, 2013, 05:16:01 PM »
I guess that guy won't be back anymore....I give up waiting for updates. Gotta wait for a year for someone to translate this.

Would someone ban this asshole from J cafe already? Don't even want to reply to the crap this pussy's blurting out. BTW like Enigmatic said, he's already banned from BT forums.

Offline orig27

• J-Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3825 on: March 03, 2013, 03:22:39 PM »
So Tatsuya is the most popular way of killing people??
Killing people without leaving any trace???
Well I think Yanagi Thousand Tatami is cool, seeing people flipping a thousand times? who wouldnt find that cool??(its like watching spinzaku a 1,000 times)

As always I love you Erika I want to be your boyfriend!!!  :am:

Miyuki-ojousama please dont use Cocytus on everyone....its so OP!!!! that It makes the 4 people vs Lu looks like weaklings... :yurei:

EDIT: TY Drey your the best it was worth the wait! :redcard:

Offline clea24

• J-Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3824 on: March 03, 2013, 03:21:17 PM »
Tatsuya wouldn't have wasted time shouting warnings. He would have just killed them all.

Offline chraiti6119

• J-Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #3823 on: March 03, 2013, 02:02:46 PM »
That also proves how stupid and naive Masaki is.Tatsuya would've seen through it and just killed him right away.

Offline bookworm

• J-Starter
  • Renommée: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #3822 on: March 03, 2013, 01:57:36 PM »
Actually, Masaki threaten to break in Zhou's closed building. Zhou then came out with bound enemy soldiers and gave them to Masaki to prove that he was not part of the invasion. it was also a tactic to make Masaki leave the front line.

Offline HasNoLove

• J-Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #3821 on: March 03, 2013, 12:44:47 PM »
say.. is the man who masaki saving was enemy spy..? :huh: cuz they share same name, zhou...

Offline Chimurry

• J-Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #3820 on: March 03, 2013, 12:43:11 PM »
One reason why Erika is my favourite female character.

And with how Miyuki spirit froze the guerillas, Katsuto stomped the enemy armour, Ichijou exploded man and machine, Tatsuya wrote matter out of existance and Mayumi's omni directional machine gun fire and the fancy way she took out Lu.... it makes one realise how utterly and ridiculously unfair instant-cast long-range magic is on a battlefield.

This is the true magical might of those 18 clans of Tens.

So far cutest action by female character in MKnR: Mayumi shown her tongue out to make fun of Tatsuya!!! (Tats in his black suit covering his face, most likely She grasp Tats and others doing to protect them, only Tats dod MD 5 treats)

BTW: Mayumi knew before about JSDF "Special Magic Unit", just didn't known the label 101st Battalion.
From Mayumi SS, is said She have the ability to grasp magics techniques and types, similar from Tats, the twins are more sharp on this, to me, explain from start how she knew Tats wasn't lie about Honoka intentions in the Vol1 quarrel among 1st and 2nd course, also why She "notice" Tats doing on MD barrier when wait for her on the parking lot (we finally see in this chapter Vol7, ch12, his application on battle field), but the weak point is She needs specific knowledge about the magic, like "cocytus" or "regrown", she saw the magic but didn't known the name or how apply.

Offline Monstratboy

• J-Addict
  • MKR's Shiba T.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3819 on: March 03, 2013, 12:11:43 PM »
chapter 12 is out.  thanks dreyakis.
miyuki was really showing her power. and erika her personality.
 :wahaha: :wahaha:
One reason why Erika is my favourite female character.

And with how Miyuki spirit froze the guerillas, Katsuto stomped the enemy armour, Ichijou exploded man and machine, Tatsuya wrote matter out of existance and Mayumi's omni directional machine gun fire and the fancy way she took out Lu.... it makes one realise how utterly and ridiculously unfair instant-cast, selective wide-area, long-range magic is on a battlefield.

This is the true magical might of those 28 clans of Tens.

Offline A167

• J-Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #3818 on: March 03, 2013, 11:12:54 AM »
chapter 12 is out.  thanks dreyakis.
miyuki was really showing her power. and erika her personality.
 :wahaha: :wahaha:

Offline Airas

• Forum Donator
  • J-Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3817 on: March 03, 2013, 10:59:58 AM »
Thanks o lot for chapter 13 Dreyakis!

Chapter 13 03/03?? So soon (Said no leecher ever)

Offline Rava

• J-Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #3816 on: March 03, 2013, 10:39:26 AM »
I really thought that i had read something like him trying to stop it too, hum so he didn't.
Anyway the chapter 12 of Vol 7 is really good, but i have to say that i'm disappointed about Mari, when she was fighting Lu with Erika and Leo supporting her she didn't display any amazing magical abilities and she is supposed to stand alongside Saegusa and Katsuto. If you add her knowledge to use magic properly to all of her capabilities yeah sure she's pretty strong but at the end of the day how is that different from Erika, isn't she supposed to have weaker swordmanship than her but superior magic ?

This is straight out of the just-released chapter, right before she attacks:
Quote (selected)
Her advantage over others lies not in overwhelming magic power or swift activation speed, but her versatility in multiple magics and the ability to combine them to simultaneously chain multiple magics, a high class technique that was extremely difficult for her opponents to defend against. At First High, Hattori might possess a similar ability, but in terms of anti-personnel combat, Mari's complexity and versatility put all others to shame. Her expertise lay in striking at exposed sensory organs, such as auditory, olfactory senses in order to take away the enemy's fighting ability using magic. Thanks to these skills, Mari was able to stand shoulder to shoulder with Magicians who were direct descendants from the Ten Master Clans like Katsuto and Mayumi.

In other words, Erika being stronger in one thing and Mari being stronger in the other is irrelevant to what makes Mari strong.  Mari's known for being strong in a fight because she can intuitively combine a variety of attacks -- including debilitating ones -- in the nastiest way possible. 

Online Jirachier

• J-Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #3815 on: March 03, 2013, 10:09:59 AM »
I really thought that i had read something like him trying to stop it too, hum so he didn't.
Anyway the chapter 12 of Vol 7 is really good, but i have to say that i'm disappointed about Mari, when she was fighting Lu with Erika and Leo supporting her she didn't display any amazing magical abilities and she is supposed to stand alongside Saegusa and Katsuto. If you add her knowledge to use magic properly to all of her capabilities yeah sure she's pretty strong but at the end of the day how is that different from Erika, isn't she supposed to have weaker swordmanship than her but superior magic ?

Offline Vampirecat

• J-Regular
  • Renommée: 28
    • View Profile
« Reply #3814 on: March 03, 2013, 09:22:40 AM »
I'm confused about something, when a large truck was about to hit a wall(the truck tatsuya decomposed in front of mayumi) Katsuto didn't use his magic on it because it was too big but then in this war he keeps destroying those weird bipedal machines like they were nothing, aren't they kind of the same size ?

Katsuto didn't know about the truck. It was the disappearance of the truck that drew his attention and made him go to the wall, arriving in time to put up a defense against the incoming missiles that Sanada took out. From vol.7, ch.10:

Through those senses, Katsuto detected that a massive physical object, though not as large as a building but sufficient to be gigantic by human standards, had vanished in an instant.
Katsuto had never encountered such a change in phenomenon on such a scale with this degree of stability.
Rather than being threatened by this feeling, curiosity prompted Katsuto to halt searching for people who hadn't fled and leaped towards the scene where matter dissipated.
Seeing that massive body, it was hard to imagine that he was also very adept in high speed Move-Type Magic. Leaving Kirihara behind at the original location, he slid through the sky through his leap and arrived at the outer wall of the resting area thanks to his momentum.
Was this fortunate or unfortunate?
For Mayumi and Mari, this was definitely fortunate.
As to what Katsuto thought himself, there was no way to know without asking him.
Just as he arrived Katsuto was subjected to a warm welcome from the guided missiles.

Offline HasNoLove

• J-Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #3813 on: March 03, 2013, 09:11:33 AM »
I'm confused about something, when a large truck was about to hit a wall(the truck tatsuya decomposed in front of mayumi) Katsuto didn't use his magic on it because it was too big but then in this war he keeps destroying those weird bipedal machines like they were nothing, aren't they kind of the same size ?
maybe he was quite too far away from that truck, so he choose for doin the next step when he know that truck was vanished..
guardin aginst missiles..

Online Jirachier

• J-Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #3812 on: March 03, 2013, 08:58:58 AM »

Offline HasNoLove

• J-Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #3811 on: March 03, 2013, 08:57:32 AM »
TY for the update...

kanon look frighting before miyuki's chill gaze...
if azusa's there i bet she'll became like hamster for real...

btw why suzune didnt sayin something bout tatsuya/miyuki's magic..??
was the eye/watcher of whut chen gonna do is mizuki ?

Offline Chimurry

• J-Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #3810 on: March 03, 2013, 07:24:33 AM »
I'm not sure you have "the guts" so much as you have "the gall." I want this, I want that, Drey's doing this on his own time without any compensation for it. I'm pretty sure I haven't heard the name "xandrew" when it comes to translations, so don't bitch and moan when you haven't put forth any of the effort yourself. You want to complain about speed of release? Do it yourself or give him some kind of incentive to work faster. Everyone here wishes Drey could work faster. We simply don't bitch and moan about it like you've been doing because we have some modicum of propriety to not harass him about it.
Actually, now that I think about it, were you the one who caused that whole "ETA" fiasco over on B-T? I'm not sure there's even any point in bothering if that's the case.

I'm also wondering why people are so "worried" about him. Don't get me wrong, it would suck if anything happened to him (I suppose. I can't say he and I are on close enough terms to truly say I worry about him without sounding patronizing), but someone missing from the internet for a few days is hardly what I would call alarming. Whatever. Enough of my crotchety old-man rants.

Honestly, I worry cuz @Drey hardly miss his delivery time, but I cannot say I don't care others Users, like @Raptor whom I think his absence its due ROTC (Military Service), so I wonder if is ok and like that, so many times RL obligations made Us stay far or just "voyeur" the threads.
So mostly its only natural reaction from People whom custom socialize through forums.

Offline henzaeroz

• J-Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #3809 on: March 03, 2013, 07:19:43 AM »
Chapter 12 out already

Thanks Dreyakis.   :hi: