Raw Manga: jCafe - Read Raw Manga Online for Free

Funds $113 | Needed $120
Like the community? Enjoy reading manga?
Then click on the small donation banner! Thx!

100%
Hello April 21, 2014, 09:39:29 AM *

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Arcade Search Groups Calendar Donations Gallery Login Register  
Pages:  1 ... 95 96 97 98 99 100 [101] 102 103 104 105 106 107 ... 160   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei vol.01-12+  (Read 517948 times)
abdiland01, premiere, dvc1, ichylivia, snodgrass, Serendipitous, completewind and 8 Guests are viewing this topic.
Read dragonspell's Newbie Guide before registering and posting!
fast_eel
J-Recruit
Activity
0%

Renommée: 0

Member Nº: 87883

Magic!!!

View Profile
« Reply #2976 on: January 08, 2013, 11:52:41 AM »
Go Up Go Down

in what web arc did erika found out that tatsuya was from the yotsuba family?
was it after the yokohama war? or before?
walonchito
J-Starter
Activity
0%

Member Nº: 97610

View Profile
« Reply #2975 on: January 08, 2013, 11:44:09 AM »
Go Up Go Down

Hello there! This is my second post and i didnt read the rules so i hope i dont break any here 

I just finished reading the summaries from the web arcs, all of them. Thing is, i have a doubt about the "regrowth" ability from mister Tatsuya.

As i understand, it can restore the Eidos prior 24 hours.

Being Magic itself a way to alter or change Eidos, everything that can be modified by magic can be called Eidos.
There are lots of magics shown already. For example, Honoka can play with light (so i will assume it has something to do with photons).
So, i conclude that this regrowth ability can also change photons to a prior state.

In other words, if it was night, he could make it day?
Or if a window breaks, regrowth could make it the way it was before? 

Just wondering if someone could explain this to me please, it's not the first light novel I read, but is the first one to really catch my attention to this degree

Thank you for your time!

P.d.: Sorry if my english is not good enough, i'm working on it. PLease dont hit me D:
ZeroUrashima
J-Hero
Activity
0%

Renommée: 135

Member Nº: 27651

View Profile
« Reply #2974 on: January 08, 2013, 05:02:27 AM »
Go Up Go Down

geezus, you had to reply, I was dropping the issue -_-
I guess I am just bad at giving up as long as I still have points I haven't said yet.

I've not disputed this. I've only stated systematic magic alters reality using a group of manipulated psions, called a magic sequence after heavy processing in a magicians brain. Even if one magic does not alter reality, it does not mean an activation sequence can not be involved at the beginning since in both cases, groups of psions have been manipulated by the will of the magician.

You see, the point is directly.
Non-systematic Magic, you do everything yourself since it's directly
But systematic magic, the process is semi-automatic. The Activation Sequence is done by the CAD. The building of the Magic Sequence is done semi-automatically by the Magic Computation Area (Note that this thing is in the unconsciousness so you don't have complete control over it). Which is why modern Magic is technology and not techniques like Ancient Magic. The only thing that Magician can do is to insert variables (Loop Cast explanation), input settings to keep it under control (From Shizuku in Volume 4 about what she asked from her engineers) and give orders to do stuff that wasn't in the AS (Volume 2 preamble says that a high-level magician can decide to load a simplified AS instead and increase the processing of his MCA to speeden casting time so if it's simplified, the missing part must come from somewhere) so you don't manipulate the Psion directly at all.

Volume 3, chapter 2:
"Magicians can feel the Activation Sequences that have been absorbed into their physical body, just as they are able to sense the Magic Sequence being constructed within them. However, the construction process for Magic Sequences is partially involuntary and is not subject to conscious interference.

If this wasn't the case, based on human limits of understanding and comprehension of data, there would be no way to create Information Bodies capable of influencing reality."

Magic works this way according to the Volume 5 preamble (too lazy to quote from b-t coz I forgot where it was exactly when it was explained a bit more in detail)
1) You read the Activation Sequence from the CAD
2) You add variables that can be change and send it to the Magic Computation Domain
3) The Magic Sequence is created from the Activation Sequence and variables
4) The built Magic Sequence is sent to the gate which is situated between the highest level of unconciousness and the lowest level of consciousness, it is then outputted to (???出力する, not sure how to translate, sounds weird to me, maybe because I'm not familiar with computer terms) the Idea.
5) The Magic Sequence outputted by the Edea  is then sent to the specified coordinates and modifies the Eidos

In other words, the AS gets directly to the MCA and builds MS then is sent to the Idea.
But GD doesn’t go through Idea and don’t need MS but whatever is constructed there needs to through the Idea to go out. That’s a fact.
The MCA is in the unconsciousness so you can’t directly control the Psion.
The AS goes directly the MCA and its only purpose is to build the MS.

Also, like you mentioned, the CAD is there to replace incantation and everything but Tatsuya casted without any problem when he was 13 without CAD extremely quickly. In the Vampire Arc, Tatsuya also casted it with his left hand that didn’t hold a CAD in a split second. In other words, that thing didn’t require Incantation and stuff to begin with.

From Vampire Arc:
元々CADは系統魔法を短時間で発動する為の道具であり、他の魔法、系統外魔法や無系統魔法、分類の性質は違うが古式魔法にも使えるとはいえ、特に無系統魔法は、サイオンを放出するだけの単純なものならCADが無くてもそれ程の不自由は無い

“CAD was originally to shorten the casting time of systematic Magic. Other magic, such as Outer-Systematic Magic and Non-systematic Magic, can also be used as Ancient Magic although the categorization is different and having a CAD or not doesn’t really make a difference, especially for Non-Systematic Magic that does something simple such as emitting Psion Flows.”

CAD was created for Systematic Magic so all the explanation you read about CAD was under the context Systematic Magic is used.
Besides, non-systematic Magic wasn't even introduced when they were at Yakumo's temple in Volume 1.

I have trouble agreeing mainly due to CADs always being described in the LN as using activation sequences, even with nonsystematic magic(Kichijouji's shock about Tats CAD sequences that were known to be installed but then quickly changed) and outersystematic magic(Miki's CAD prepared by Tats for M. Code), and that Tatsuya's overwhelming skills shown with both hardware and software in the 9 schools's competition seem to clearly counter your suggestion.

Trident and Third Eye are the best example of these.
From Volume 4, chapter 12.
"This was the Specialized CAD specifically customized to activate three consecutive magics. "

It was specialized to cast 3 spells consecutively, not 3 Decomposition Spell consecutively. Used as a support.
Third Eye is a specialized CAD (calls it device in Volume 3 but CAD in volume 7) to target really accurately over the horizon.
There is no reason for Tatsuya to input an Activation Sequence of the highest level on his CAD when it’s already on stand-by (according to Mari) in his MCA since it’ll take a long time for it to load and it’s just a waste of time.

Like I said, CAD is USED to load Activation Sequence, that’s not what it DOES.

Just like how my rice cooker is used to cook rice (duh). But I can use it steam things if I want. If you read the yakitate Japan manga, you can make bread with the thing too. Using a tool is to make use of a property of the tool in a way we want, not what the tool can only do or does.

From Volume 1, chapter 2
"This device, which incorporates synthetic materials that convert psion signals into electric signals, uses the psion from a magic ritual to produce a collection of electronic magic—the activation ritual. "

Converting psion signals to electronic signals is what it does.
Use the psion to produce the AS is how they use it.

Two complete different things.
CAD can turn Psion signals to Electronical ones (so your brain can read I guess since it’s electronic signals in our body). The CAD processor can also lower the strain of the caster by doing part of the processing in the CAD instead. Specialized CAD also have an aiming device. There are lots of things you can make use of.

If you don't agree after this, we will never agree.

Replied: December 20, 2012, 03:19:25 PM
Tatsuya's overwhelming skills shown with both hardware and software in the 9 schools's competition seem to clearly counter your suggestion.

This is not true at all.
First, the 9 Nine Competition had limitations on hardware. Creating something that can reach those limits is easy.
Second, Thorus Silver is known for revolutioning the software of CAD. He isn't known for revolutioning the hardware.
That means that Thorus is better than him but Thorus’ invention are nothing revolutionary.
Tatsuya is even under that level. All the invention that Azusa named were software related things too, nothing about hardware.

Volume 4, chapter 9
"every school had an upper ceiling in terms of machinery, there was no significant difference in hardware capability.
Thus, the only difference lay in software performance.
In other words, the strength of the technician."

Volume 3, chapter 1:
"He is called the genius engineer that advanced CAD software technology by ten years within one short year, so I think that no one who aims to be a Magic Artificer would be uninterested in him"

Replied: January 08, 2013, 11:36:32 AM
Ah, I knew there was something else about the Induction Stone or whatever, finally found it.
This is for what the CAD does (not what it is used for)

Volume 4, chapter 13:
' "This is not something that should exist in the world in the first place. I would never use it, nor do I want anyone in the force to do so. —Tatsuya-kun knows how the Induction Stone in the center of the CAD is produced, right?"

Induction Stones refer to the component that transforms psion waves into electric signals and vice versa. Tatsuya was bewildered at the abrupt change in conversation and nodded in assent.

"Induction Stones are created from a crystallization of neurons chemically synthesized from the molecular level. Since the differences in structure may impact the conversion ratio, the emphasis is placed on the structural composition rather than the physical characteristics of the neurons. That being said, currently there are no reports of successful developments of Induction Stones without relying on artificial materials." '

This Induction Stone is the same thing as the thing in the next quote. Probably has been too long and wasn't mentioned often so the name he chose in the past was forgotten. Btw, according to the Japanese text, the quote above is correct. It doesn't just do a one way transformation (Psion signal to Electronic signal) but can also do the opposite (Electronic Signal to Psion Signal)

From Volume 1, chapter 2
"This device, which incorporates synthetic materials that convert psion signals into electric signals, uses the psion from a magic ritual to produce a collection of electronic magic—the activation ritual. "

Thren
J-Starter
Activity
0%

Member Nº: 79344

View Profile
« Reply #2973 on: January 08, 2013, 03:11:42 AM »
Go Up Go Down

Okay on a side note to all the other conversations going on I finally went and looked this up cause I hadn't seen it mentioned yet and it was frustrating not knowing what it meant.   

Hence I'm putting it here for all the others who didn't know what it meant either.

Maheshvara
[摩醯首羅天] (Skt; Jpn Makeishura-ten)

A god said to reign over the major world system. An incorporation of the major Hindu god Shiva into Buddhism. Shiva (Auspicious One) is one of the main deities of Hinduism, embodying seemingly contradictory qualities. He is both the destroyer and the restorer of the world. The Sanskrit name Maheshvara was rendered in China as "God of Great Freedom." He is usually depicted as having three eyes and eight arms and riding a white ox.

This is what the Chinese are refering too when they call him Makeishura. I'm sure a good many already knew or looked it up but for those who still don't know... well congrats now you do! 
Chimurry
J-Regular
Activity
0%

Renommée: 5

Member Nº: 83855

View Profile
« Reply #2972 on: January 07, 2013, 07:26:23 PM »
Go Up Go Down

Mayumi knows Tatsuya is a very powerful combat magician who secretly works for the military, but besides the shock they show during the Yokohoma arc, and except for Erika, Mayumi and the others still treat him exactly the same in the later arcs. After the volume 5 school elections, Mayumi thinks his family was once part of the 10 Master Clans.  But from her thoughts in her web SS after the attack at the thesis competition, we know she doesn't make any link to Tatsuya's skills and the culprit of the land and then sea massacre of the invading army. There is also no situation in the later web arcs that indicates Mayumi might learn more about the culprit of those events except for what Fujibayashi, her father and the USNA already know or worked out themselves before the vamp attacks. And none of these people were shown to be sharing any such secrets with her.
In my case I thinking about the "close" ones, the School ready know under their concepts Tats is really a bad ass from Public Moral Committee due his actions on some cases like recruiting clubs week, I know, not close a bit of his true power, but even with this and Miyuki her highness the Queen (somebody said was "Ice Queen" but not sure), people like Takuma have the IQ like seashell to glare or even try attack Tats just cuz really don't know who is Tats or Miyuki.
From Mayumi SS about Tats secrets (Nov. 2095 just 2 days after "Japan" (We know who was) wipe out retiring Asian Alliance Navy Fleet 80 kilometers from Yokohama and eliminate the fleet to invade Japan on Korea coast with the bases, cities and facilities):
quote: "Mayumi gave her word to keep the secret. Tatsuya’s special magic shouldn't have reached father’s ears. That said, though the secret is kept from her father, her father probably received up some limited information.
In other words, father is highly suspicious of Shiba Tatsuya.
Moreover, it seems that he is suspicious of “something” that even she herself doesn't know.
Even though Mayumi is curious about what that “something” is, her feelings to avoid the secret are even stronger. She’s highly scared of the harm this secret would do to her relations with other people.
“This is the same…, if I don’t ask, I don’t know.”

This answer was the best she could muster up." end of quote.
Another question I notice there is mention Tats ask Mayumi help for locate the Vamps kidnapped by the 3rd Intel Division, Tats asked Mayumi to get the info and She got it, very probably She can access high level of info inside Saegusa Clan.
Like @Jirachier and Bloodyclaws point the level of the events are just too big to cover up, that point we can see USNA made in less of a week, 15 candidates list of probably War Class Magician responsible of the events, take on account there's like 30 thousands magicians in Japan (somebody said the author mentions this number), so if a outsider Intel could got the list, I think insiders could get more close, add the info spread inside Asian Alliance armed forces, "Makeishura" back to scene after Okinawa loss, so all this could go on urban legends or myths, but we know how the press, media or social networks works on War or conflicts events, Sage Raymond call Tats: "God Of Destruction".
At least the ones on the scene in Yokohama and saw Tats mobile suit, demon right and divine left can made assumptions (Katsuto and Mayumi known about dispersion and at least Mayumi known about "heal" or restoration), whom really he is, that's why I have interest, cuz one logical reaction its fear to interact with him, others like Katsuto and Mayumi could ready made the maths accounts and know this will be come a huge issue due the high importance of 2nd Japans War Class Magician with even a lot more known advantages than Mio or others: high engineering capacities (believe he could be not good at hardware but for he still above average), really ample wide range or focus dispersion, long distance fusion explosion attacks (if I understood AA fleet and bases was 800 kms away from Japan), close combat abilities and restoration, not to mention others we ready know.
Monstratboy
J-Addict
Activity
1.33%

Renommée: 26

Member Nº: 21285

MKR's Shiba T.

View Profile
« Reply #2971 on: January 07, 2013, 04:48:20 PM »
Go Up Go Down

I'm getting tired to look all over the places to try to convince you, doesn't feel like you'll agree anyway.
I have trouble agreeing mainly due to CADs always being described in the LN as using activation sequences, even with nonsystematic magic(Kichijouji's shock about Tats CAD sequences that were known to be installed but then quickly changed) and outersystematic magic(Miki's CAD prepared by Tats for M. Code), and that Tatsuya's overwhelming skills shown with both hardware and software in the 9 schools's competition seem to clearly counter your suggestion.

I should have rephrased myself for Non-systematic Magic though, it's a type of magic whose goal is to directly manipulate the Psion. That's how they introduced it.
Goal of Systematic Magic is to alter reality.
I've not disputed this. I've only stated systematic magic alters reality using a group of manipulated psions, called a magic sequence after heavy processing in a magicians brain. Even if one magic does not alter reality, it does not mean an activation sequence can not be involved at the beginning since in both cases, groups of psions have been manipulated by the will of the magician.

I don't think She hadn't realize, as you say in the SS Mio visit Saegusa House (from Summaries), She said she is afraid of go deeper cuz in the process could hurt someone (not quite clear these parts) and I as pointed, we still like 95% blind about after Japan vs Asian Alliance War (far I know took like 3 days overturn almost defeat by Japan to wipe AA Navy Fleet), I think the maths are very easy, She saw cuz her technique Tats "erase" the truck, remember the locusts erasing by black mobile suit with 2 silver Cads and later Miyuki rescue on air and "heal" (I know the details but I just based on Miyuki explaining) Kirihara and Isora, Tats was using his mobile suit and opened his helmet, so if you heard after about some Demon God which wipe enemies troops and heal friends, well 2+2=4, I think Mayumi should know more when 3rd Intel Division was after Tats steps on Vamps Arc, but again I am blind there, it just preliminary conclusions based on summaries and the logical development under my point of view, of the story line.
Mayumi knows Tatsuya is a very powerful combat magician who secretly works for the military, but besides the shock they show during the Yokohoma arc, and except for Erika, Mayumi and the others still treat him exactly the same in the later arcs. After the volume 5 school elections, Mayumi thinks his family was once part of the 10 Master Clans.  But from her thoughts in her web SS after the attack at the thesis competition, we know she doesn't make any link to Tatsuya's skills and the culprit of the land and then sea massacre of the invading army. There is also no situation in the later web arcs that indicates Mayumi might learn more about the culprit of those events except for what Fujibayashi, her father and the USNA already know or worked out themselves before the vamp attacks. And none of these people were shown to be sharing any such secrets with her.
bloodyclaws
J-Member
Activity
0%

Renommée: 1

Member Nº: 91655

View Profile
« Reply #2970 on: January 07, 2013, 04:43:27 PM »
Go Up Go Down

Even if the Yotsuba or the 101st Batallion tried to cover anything up Mayumi and the rest would've at least heard the rumours about the man who wrecked havoc in the battlefield while healing his allies, an ability only displayed by Tatsuya, just that should've been enough to put the two together.

I get where your coming from and I do not have enough knowledge in this topic to bring light into it. But keep in mind that the battle against the chinese is quite trivial for a specialized military branch like the 101st to cover up. Not only the 101st, but dont get me started with the yotsuba. Secrecy is their forte.

I am not the right person to go to when it comes to the "rumors" involving a man wrecking havoc on the battlefield.  I do know that something as big as tats material burst will bring forth a lot of rumors when it comes to a clean mass to energy conversion. The scale is just too large.

Not too sure about tats systematically destroying the chinese army as that is way easier to control when it comes to secrecy then a large scale war level magic.

But all in all, everything im saying is based on my opinion on the topic. Nothing more.

In fact, let me defend your opinion into this. I think Mayumi has an idea and has definitely scratched the surface into spreading the veil that covers tats. It has been shown multiple times that his secrets are slowly being revealed. Intentionally or unintentionally. But assumptions are only assumptions. The thought of tats being a yotsuba, a war level magician, a soldier of the 101st, and all his other secrets may have crossed her mind at one point. But even then, what she knows is still too little evidence to dictate so. She can speculate about it, but the truth will never get out unless she tries to delve deeper into his secrets. It is said at one point that erika was scared to go any further when she figured out his identity as a yotsuba. This same notion applies to Mayumi.

It is definitely true that the student council knows that tats is no normal magician. All evidence dictates so. They just do not know the full picture just yet.

Jirachier
J-Hero
Activity
0%

Renommée: -1

Member Nº: 78740

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2969 on: January 07, 2013, 03:59:45 PM »
Go Up Go Down

I cant put my 2 cents into because those parts haven't been translated but how much does Mayumi know about that battle with the chinese, when tats used his abilities. Everytime tats has access to his arsenal, it always gets extensively covered up by the yotsuba or the 101st batallion. So how much does anyone outside of the culprits really know what happened.

Maybe they know about some theoretical large scale mass to energy conversion that happened since the destruction was too big to hide, But do they know about that which caused the chinese to call him the demon?

Even if the Yotsuba or the 101st Batallion tried to cover anything up Mayumi and the rest would've at least heard the rumours about the man who wrecked havoc in the battlefield while healing his allies, an ability only displayed by Tatsuya, just that should've been enough to put the two together.
Chimurry
J-Regular
Activity
0%

View Profile
« Reply #2968 on: January 07, 2013, 03:56:10 PM »
Go Up Go Down

Here is SS 01, traslate by Whisie:
I'm currently reading one of the SS between Web 2 (9 School Tournament) and Web 3.
Looks like we get more Mayumi 

SS02: Student Elections brief scenes, one of them, Mayumi thinking's about Tats.

SS03, 2 days after "Scorched Halloween Event" and 3 days after Yokohama battle which begun the war between Japan vs Asian Alliance:
(sorry I don't know whom translate and the source)

There is Double 7 arc or "Ninendo" based on 7th Clan internal dispute: Saegusa Main House and side branch house, publish every 3 months?, 2 releases and next release will come on february. 

Speak of Mahouka material: Somebody known about Drama DVD and I think I heard something about 40 pages SS with the DVD sale??? 
fast_eel
J-Recruit
Activity
0%

Member Nº: 87883

Magic!!!

View Profile
« Reply #2967 on: January 07, 2013, 03:36:18 PM »
Go Up Go Down

new in here, but where is this summary of mayumi ss that everybody talks, i alredy found the others summaries but not that of mayumi, an someone tell me where is it?
bloodyclaws
J-Member
Activity
0%

View Profile
« Reply #2966 on: January 07, 2013, 02:39:18 PM »
Go Up Go Down

tbh It's really weird that his close friends especially Mayumi still hadn't come to the conclusion that Tatsuya is the guy who used both disintegration and restoration magic on the battlefield agains the chinese and completely obliterated them, they already know about how secretive Tatsuya is, which just makes you wonder how many of his abilities is he really hiding add to that the fact that he can heal other people's wounds EXACTLY like the guy who massacred the chinese in battle by decomposing them and their vehicules(Mayumi even thinks that Tatsuya is the one who made the truck disappear when she was recalling him in her SS) and the fact that his magic abilities are restricted by the military, it's really surprising that they can come close to the reality of which clan Tatsuya belongs to but not the rest.

I cant put my 2 cents into because those parts haven't been translated but how much does Mayumi know about that battle with the chinese, when tats used his abilities. Everytime tats has access to his arsenal, it always gets extensively covered up by the yotsuba or the 101st batallion. So how much does anyone outside of the culprits really know what happened.

Maybe they know about some theoretical large scale mass to energy conversion that happened since the destruction was too big to hide, But do they know about that which caused the chinese to call him the demon?
Chimurry
J-Regular
Activity
0%

View Profile
« Reply #2965 on: January 07, 2013, 02:14:30 PM »
Go Up Go Down

tbh It's really weird that his close friends especially Mayumi still hadn't come to the conclusion that Tatsuya is the guy who used both disintegration and restoration magic on the battlefield agains the chinese and completely obliterated them, they already know about how secretive Tatsuya is, which just makes you wonder how many of his abilities is he really hiding add to that the fact that he can heal other people's wounds EXACTLY like the guy who massacred the chinese in battle by decomposing them and their vehicules(Mayumi even thinks that Tatsuya is the one who made the truck disappear when she was recalling him in her SS) and the fact that his magic abilities are restricted by the military, it's really surprising that they can come close to the reality of which clan Tatsuya belongs to but not the rest.
I don't think She hadn't realize, as you say in the SS Mio visit Saegusa House (from Summaries), She said she is afraid of go deeper cuz in the process could hurt someone (not quite clear these parts) and I as pointed, we still like 95% blind about after Japan vs Asian Alliance War (far I know took like 3 days overturn almost defeat by Japan to wipe AA Navy Fleet), I think the maths are very easy, She saw cuz her technique Tats "erase" the truck, remember the locusts erasing by black mobile suit with 2 silver Cads and later Miyuki rescue on air and "heal" (I know the details but I just based on Miyuki explaining) Kirihara and Isora, Tats was using his mobile suit and opened his helmet, so if you heard after about some Demon God which wipe enemies troops and heal friends, well 2+2=4, I think Mayumi should know more when 3rd Intel Division was after Tats steps on Vamps Arc, but again I am blind there, it just preliminary conclusions based on summaries and the logical development under my point of view, of the story line.   
Jirachier
J-Hero
Activity
0%

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2964 on: January 07, 2013, 01:43:09 PM »
Go Up Go Down

ZeroUrashima
J-Hero
Activity
0%

View Profile
« Reply #2963 on: January 07, 2013, 11:50:35 AM »
Go Up Go Down

I give up. Let's agree to not agree
I'm getting tired to look all over the places to try to convince you, doesn't feel like you'll agree anyway.
I should have rephrased myself for Non-systematic Magic though, it's a type of magic whose goal is to directly manipulate the Psion. That's how they introduced it.
Goal of Systematic Magic is to alter reality.
Anyway, like I said, I give up.

Btw, not only CAD but all electronics overheat and break if you try to go over their limit, at worst, some even blows up
Though that is usually in things they can do. Overclocking your RAM over the limit they tell you and the thing will overheat.
That kind of limit is something else though. Trying to do something they are not made to is closer to the limit I was talking about.
EnigmaticAxiom
J-Hero
Activity
0%

Renommée: 121

Member Nº: 38167

View Profile
« Reply #2962 on: January 07, 2013, 11:24:44 AM »
Go Up Go Down

I always talk at least Mayumi knew before Kirihara and Isora miracle, Tats could windstand damage to his body, this should be from 9 Schools competitions and before Yokohama event timeline, here is from SS Student Council Elections (October 2095):
Summaries by @Raptor, source: don't know if from web, magazine or vol 5:
She didn't know about his regeneration, she simply thought he had some technique to mitigate damage. Completely different things. At least, that's what I got from your post.
Chimurry
J-Regular
Activity
0%

View Profile
« Reply #2961 on: January 07, 2013, 11:12:33 AM »
Go Up Go Down

I think you may have the timeline mixed up a bit. I can see all those facts that you pulled out are after the monolith code. At that time no one knows tats restoration. In fact, I know afterwards miyuki explained tats ability to restore foreign objects, but she said nothing about his self restoration. Anyways, all your other facts are after the nine school competition.

I always talk at least Mayumi knew before Kirihara and Isora miracle, Tats could windstand damage to his body, this should be from 9 Schools competitions and before Yokohama event timeline, here is from SS Student Council Elections (October 2095):
Summaries by @Raptor, source: don't know if from web, magazine or vol 5:
Monstratboy
J-Addict
Activity
1.33%

MKR's Shiba T.

View Profile
« Reply #2960 on: January 07, 2013, 11:09:08 AM »
Go Up Go Down

The point we are discussing is whether he can get the different types needed for Decomposition or not in a specialized CAD IF it requires different types. No matter how good he is in Software, he can't break the limit of using only one Group of a Hardware unless he tunes the hardware. No matter how efficient his systems and Activation Sequences are, he can't make the Hardware do something it cannot do. Just like no matter how great the CADs and efficient his Activation Sequence are, he cannot break the limit of his Artificial Magic Computation Area. Software lets you use more of the machine's potential but doesn’t let you break its limit (unless you overheat and are willing to break the thing). So honestly, no matter how good he is at software, it is irrevelent in our argument which is why I insisted in the hardware tuning part. Also, he said that the technology used in Nine School Tournament about combining the merits of Specialized and normal CAD to let them cast multiple Groups at Specialized level wasn't made by him but by Germany last year so it didn’t exist when he was 13 and he said he didn’t make it
I think his magic falls within the category limitation but leaving that aside, there is nothing in the novel that indicates a specialised CAD's hardware would overheat if you try and surpass the multiple magic group activation limit. The facts are generalised CADs have less powerful processors. And CADs improve the casting of the magic activation loaded in them. And Tatsuya uses CADs to improve the BS magic he casts.

Non-systematic magic is just the direct manipulation of Psions directly despite being called Magic and doesn't need Magic Sequence.
All magic spells can be ultimately described as just the direct manipulation of psions, not only nonsystematic magic. So I don't see this statement as a valid argument.

I'm not sure if all don't need AS but GD shouldn't. The Composite Psion Wave he used on Hattori back in Volume 1 required him to give the Oscillation attribute to the wave to control the wavelengths so that needed it. GD is said to not go through the Idea neither which is needed for all normal magic. Tatsuya also used it perfectly fine when he 13 without a CAD. It's a spell that doesn't require processing powers, otherwise, his Articial one can't handle it and his borned one can't do it. Also, Ichiyou and Kichijouji say that his non-systematic spells are rather "ancient" (influenced by his master I guess) and Ancient spells were all meant to be cast without CAD originally.
CADs only replace other magic activation rituals for a digitised version and can greatly improve the casting of magic, they are not required for magic. There must be some set of parameters to focus the psion shells for the G. Dem. spell otherwise it would just be a wild unguided fog of psions like during cast jamming. These parameters are likely the blueprint that is loaded when nonsystematic magic is used with CADs.

If you are a magician you can manipulate magic particles. Unless there has been some other human part besides the magic calculation area mentioned that manipulates psions, it is still this that area that would be used to manipulate Gram Demolition magic. Both BS and and Normal calculation areas can manipulate psions to produce specialised or regular magic. There is no reason why their function of manipulating psions must crash since they are required to give direction to psions for nonsystematic magic.
ZeroUrashima
J-Hero
Activity
0%

View Profile
« Reply #2959 on: January 07, 2013, 10:02:10 AM »
Go Up Go Down

Sorry, I still think you are understating Suzune's comments about his abilities when compared to Chiaki but lets step back a bit here. CADs only improve magic casting by optimising the activation, to reduce stress and raise casting speed. His raw power comes from his natural abilities. He only had to customise the CAD to his liking and customise it's software to help improve his magic casting. That is also part of the tuning I thought we were talking about, not just beefing up the CADs hardware specs. I believe the software relating to the activation sequence is the most important.

I'll copy you and go back to the original point.

My second point is that even if they fell under several types, I doubt such a limitation would apply to his heavily customised personal CAD, from his skills shown with generalised CADs in the 9 schools arc.

The point we are discussing is whether he can get the different types needed for Decomposition or not in a specialized CAD IF it requires different types. No matter how good he is in Software, he can't break the limit of using only one Group of a Hardware unless he tunes the hardware. No matter how efficient his systems and Activation Sequences are, he can't make the Hardware do something it cannot do. Just like no matter how great the CADs and efficient his Activation Sequence are, he cannot break the limit of his Artificial Magic Computation Area. Software lets you use more of the machine's potential but doesn’t let you break its limit (unless you overheat and are willing to break the thing). So honestly, no matter how good he is at software, it is irrevelent in our argument which is why I insisted in the hardware tuning part. Also, he said that the technology used in Nine School Tournament about combining the merits of Specialized and normal CAD to let them cast multiple Groups at Specialized level wasn't made by him but by Germany last year so it didn’t exist when he was 13 and he said he didn’t make it

From when Tatsuya 1st visits Yakumo's temple in vol 1 B-T has the CAD activation ritual contains the blueprint for magic. I agree G. Demolition is not phenomena altering magic, but its still described as a magic spell

Please don't drop Sequence, blueprint for Magic Sequence and speeds up building the Magic Sequence, not magic, it makes a huge difference in the argument.
Non-systematic magic is just the manipulation of Psions directly despite being called Magic.
I'm not sure if all don't need AS but GD shouldn't. The Composite Psion Wave he used on Hattori back in Volume 1 required him to give the Oscillation attribute to the wave to control the wavelengths it needed. GD is said to not go through the Idea neither which is needed for all normal magic.
bloodyclaws
J-Member
Activity
0%

View Profile
« Reply #2958 on: January 07, 2013, 09:57:41 AM »
Go Up Go Down

Yeah, you are right, but still its the same effect about MayumixTats relationship course, at least from Mayumi side.
Like I said, is like in front of your eyes someone was hit and just stumble to keep walking, I think was ZeroUshima whom talk about Katsuto personality, also remind we talk events on august 2095, i think (don't remember well) to Student Council Elections she ready add "healing ability" to Tats could do, also on Vamps Arc, Kuduo took more showing role when goes to get the Vamps and finally got one of 2, the other was taken by Kurubane, so far we don't have web arc translated to know exactly or at least close enough to understand the aftermath of Yokohama, how Tats companions and friends took all shocking events and after see Miyuki cocytus among her other abilities or Tats Military involvement with rumored remarkable black ops ghost unit, Saegusa, Juumongi, Chiba at least will understand wtf this mean (the link between Tats and 101st), including the fact of the seal Miyuki has over him (somebody said its was like storm of psions, so hard to not believe Mayumi and others not notices these changes on Tats).

BTW: On Double Seven I just think Takuma its really dumb enough to compete with a snail, I mean, I think Miyuki is REALLY unmerciful when someone target her dear Oni Sama.   

I think you may have the timeline mixed up a bit. I can see all those facts that you pulled out are after the monolith code. At that time no one knows tats restoration. In fact, I know afterwards miyuki explained tats ability to restore foreign objects, but she said nothing about his self restoration. Anyways, all your other facts are after the nine school competition.
henzaeroz
J-Regular
Activity
0%

Renommée: 4

Member Nº: 92788

View Profile
« Reply #2957 on: January 07, 2013, 09:29:22 AM »
Go Up Go Down

Oh, I wasn't aware who the Translator is.
Do I include Japanese text and why it's wrong or just point it out?
Dreyakis is the Translator 

Please don't pick a fight with Dreyakis he's doing a fine job for us who can't read the original like you can. I know this causes differences but I'm happy just being able to get the general idea. Besides all translations are difficult as I'm sure you know so cut him some slack

totally agree with you.

i'm satisfied, as long as i can get the general idea 
Monstratboy
J-Addict
Activity
1.33%

MKR's Shiba T.

View Profile
« Reply #2956 on: January 07, 2013, 09:14:18 AM »
Go Up Go Down

wait. On the topic of gram demolition. Isn't it a burst of densely packed psion?

If so, then there cannot be an activation sequence or a magic sequence. Is that not correct?

there are magic spells that do not need to have activation sequences to be called magic spells right?
I don't think the fact its a spell using a mass of psions means it cannot have an activation sequence, since all spells are made of psions. Since a CAD can be used to improve the casting of gram demolition it means an activation sequence can be loaded with a magic blueprint for this counter-magic spell.
Chimurry
J-Regular
Activity
0%

View Profile
« Reply #2955 on: January 07, 2013, 09:13:38 AM »
Go Up Go Down

not entirely sure what you are trying to say, but if you thinking the likes of the student council understood what happened, then that would be wrong. Mayumi never said "what was that", she said "what the hell happened". She was in panic as to why tats came out unscathed when he got hit with 16 high level explosions. Of course no one truly knew the reason, so Katsuto said the most logical explanation and that is tats may have some form of antiquated taijutsu technique that could strengthen his body. He ended this off with "magic is not the only miracle out there".

Yeah, you are right, but still its the same effect about MayumixTats relationship course, at least from Mayumi side.
Like I said, is like in front of your eyes someone was hit and just stumble to keep walking, I think was ZeroUshima whom talk about Katsuto personality, also remind we talk events on august 2095, i think (don't remember well) to Student Council Elections she ready add "healing ability" to Tats could do, also on Vamps Arc, Kuduo took more showing role when goes to get the Vamps and finally got one of 2, the other was taken by Kurubane, so far we don't have web arc translated to know exactly or at least close enough to understand the aftermath of Yokohama, how Tats companions and friends took all shocking events and after see Miyuki cocytus among her other abilities or Tats Military involvement with rumored remarkable black ops ghost unit, Saegusa, Juumongi, Chiba at least will understand wtf this mean (the link between Tats and 101st), including the fact of the seal Miyuki has over him (somebody said its was like storm of psions, so hard to not believe Mayumi and others not notices these changes on Tats).

BTW: On Double Seven I just think Takuma its really dumb enough to compete with a snail, I mean, I think Miyuki is REALLY unmerciful when someone target her dear Oni Sama.   
bloodyclaws
J-Member
Activity
0%

View Profile
« Reply #2954 on: January 07, 2013, 08:59:59 AM »
Go Up Go Down

wait. On the topic of gram demolition. Isn't it a burst of densely packed psion?

If so, then there cannot be an activation sequence or a magic sequence. Is that not correct?

there are magic spells that do not need to have activation sequences to be called magic spells right?
Dreyakis
J-Starter
Activity
0%

Renommée: 66

Member Nº: 94316

View Profile
« Reply #2953 on: January 07, 2013, 08:55:43 AM »
Go Up Go Down

Not planning to, I do respect him for being willing to put all the time into it, I don't have a quarter of that willpower. Since he is translating from chinese, it's not necessarily his fault anyway. didn't think someone would tell him though, I didn't mind if the translations stayed that way honestly.

Nah, rather than seeing your comments as an attack, I see this as opportunities to catch areas I missed or gray areas that I wasn't sure of in the first place. Rather than having MKnR being simply one person's perspective on the text, I value the chance to bring in other experts on the languages to help refine the process.

If there is anything odd, by all means let me know. At the end of the day, my ego takes a backseat to delivering the best possible translation of the original text.

EDIT: BTW, I got your message, so I'll be looking over those areas sometime later today.
bloodyclaws
J-Member
Activity
0%

View Profile
« Reply #2952 on: January 07, 2013, 08:54:28 AM »
Go Up Go Down

Not planning to, I do respect him for being willing to put all the time into it, I don't have a quarter of that willpower. Since he is translating from chinese, it's not necessarily his fault anyway. didn't think someone would tell him though, I didn't mind if the translations stayed that way honestly.

you answered him well. I can really see the difficulty in translating something like mahouka when it takes me a few reads just to kind of get what is happening. People who can read the original material are going to have their own interpretation on what the lines are saying.

honestly, japanese lines will sound weird when translated to english due to differences in grammar and sentence structures. Especially mahouka with all its technical jargon. So what Dreyakis is doing, is to give some leniency and try to modify for easier comprehension. He is doing superb. I got no complaints. In fact I got no right to; being able to read such an in depth world and discuss it with you guys is all I need. Plus it spreads the love :3
Monstratboy
J-Addict
Activity
1.33%

MKR's Shiba T.

View Profile
« Reply #2951 on: January 07, 2013, 08:47:04 AM »
Go Up Go Down

So, he is not exactly at pro level so naturally, under the level of Sanada that made the CAD he was using. He did not exaclty have the equipment to tune the hardware required at the cottage neither.
In fact, he says that the Moval Suit (Is it Moval from Move or Mobal from Mobile? whatever) and stuff, Sanada made something better than he can do. So his skills being under Sanada is a must and the CAD is made by Sanada. Expecting him to do a better job than Sanada for hardware is a bit... It's also the reason why Suzune tells Chiaki that she can win against him during the second year when the classes are around hardware instead. His knowledge about hardware is not that high if he can get be surpassed by Chiaki. Miyuki also says that he's playing the CAD's System when he has time in Volume 8, p139. You can't pass the Hardware's limit with only Software, you can only get closer to the Hardware's current limits.
Sorry, I still think you are understating Suzune's comments about his abilities when compared to Chiaki but lets step back a bit here. CADs only improve magic casting by optimising the activation, to reduce stress and raise casting speed. His raw power comes from his natural abilities. He only had to customise the CAD to his liking and customise it's software to help improve his magic casting. That is also part of the tuning I thought we were talking about, not just beefing up the CADs hardware specs. I believe the software relating to the activation sequence is the most important.

Why would you need an Activation Sequence whose purpose is to build a Magic Sequence that Gram Demolition doesn't have? That's all Activation Sequence does. Gram Demolition doesn't have a Magic Sequence so it doesn't need an Activation Sequence to build a Magic Sequence it doesn't need.
From when Tatsuya 1st visits Yakumo's temple in vol 1 B-T has the CAD activation ritual contains the blueprint for magic. I agree G. Demolition is not phenomena altering magic, but its still described as a magic spell. When Cardinal George was shocked that Tatsuya altered his activation sequence so quickly before their match, he comments about what activation sequences he knew was installed in Tats' CADs in the previous matches. His thoughts here indicate one had a nonsystematic activation sequence installed.  

To be honest, If he truly knew about the whole story of the okinawa attack and tats abilities, this statement would be quite odd.

"Sometime in the future, he will become our country's invaluable military asset along with the scion of the Ichijou Family.

kazama corrects him in the "future" section by explaining how he is already an invaluable military asset. One of only two in japan. If kudou truly knew what tats is capable of, he wouldn't be so careless as to make that statement.

In conclusion, I definitely agree that kudou is a key figure in the military and that he is granted to many of the confidential information and access to the latest of research. But I am not sure if he knows all there is to it, especially on all the abilities of a non registered war level magician.
I also agree he probably doesn't know everything as 3 years on now, Tatsuya has a CAD that allows him to nuke countries across oceans. Its only another possibility I've suggested because besides his gram demolition, its the only other thing I can think of in Tatsuya's match that might link to Kudou's comment about powerful.
ZeroUrashima
J-Hero
Activity
0%

View Profile
« Reply #2950 on: January 07, 2013, 08:20:09 AM »
Go Up Go Down

Please don't pick a fight with Dreyakis he's doing a fine job for us who can't read the original like you can. I know this causes differences but I'm happy just being able to get the general idea. Besides all translations are difficult as I'm sure you know so cut him some slack

Tru3Ph03niX
J-Regular
Activity
0%

Member Nº: 49274

View Profile
« Reply #2949 on: January 07, 2013, 08:06:03 AM »
Go Up Go Down

bloodyclaws
J-Member
Activity
0%

View Profile
« Reply #2948 on: January 07, 2013, 07:56:30 AM »
Go Up Go Down

Well, I spend sometime trying elaborate nice post and   something happened the moment i went to publish, put it simple: didn't work, so, the whole post got lost  

Anyway, trying doing quick:Its not on Vol 5, not sure its only Web release or have been on Magazine like double 7, but you could find here in the topic.

I think its more simple, the author wrote Yamanaka and Fujibashi dialog, but he did Mayumi exclaiming with pale face to Katsuto: "What was that??" or something like that, everyone saw an unknown WTF guy from a replacement weed team frontally fight with a renowned War hero and the heir of one of the 10 Clans (Elite of the Elite, please keep on mind these people have generations improving by any thinkable method their genetics line) and to made it worse on the all conditions suppose to being favorable to 3rd High, so, you only need battle experience or very sharp common sense to see this unknown receive front 16 illegally (cuz was more strong than allowed by the competitions rule) impacts, 2 of them on his body and just stumble briefly to get max speed and take down the adversary, so, what if you see someone being hit by a shotgun twice and just wake immediately without a single brush?, so someone like Kuduo, Koichi, Mayumi or Katsuto among experienced people will understand "something" happened, the fact they don't see activation spell just add more fuel, not weird they retrieve the info like when Tats and team from Mari accident (I mean 10 Clans or others), BTW, that match was probably the ignition spark of the Koichi interest over Tats, the talks in the SS after Scorched Halloween reveal his guessing s and its matter of time to connect the dots, cuz was like the 90s Olimpic USA Team (Jordan era) loosing to replacement low rank team.

@Mostraboy, based in the translations I have: in the same SS, Mayumi notice her father overflowing interest and she just being afraid of to known deeper, but she said: "Like always just need to ask" and the fact her father interest on Tats, BTW its the same when Koichi ask her to bring Miyuki and by the way "that boy too" with smile like a wolf, so she think it was his original purpose.
On Vamps arc, we know the Saegusa doings about to find out or maybe confirm Tats status by Ericka brother and other events.
I just think its more than probable we see Shiba siblings interview with Koichi, but its take time since Koichi request (made it starting Nov 2095 and current timeline its April 2096), so could be He take easy until have ground over Tats cover, it will be shocking if Koichi on the interview ask about Maya, something like  : How are your aunt Maya?.   

not entirely sure what you are trying to say, but if you thinking the likes of the student council understood what happened, then that would be wrong. Mayumi never said "what was that", she said "what the hell happened". She was in panic as to why tats came out unscathed when he got hit with 16 high level explosions. Of course no one truly knew the reason, so Katsuto said the most logical explanation and that is tats may have some form of antiquated taijutsu technique that could strengthen his body. He ended this off with "magic is not the only miracle out there".
Chimurry
J-Regular
Activity
0%

View Profile
« Reply #2947 on: January 07, 2013, 07:35:26 AM »
Go Up Go Down

Well, I spend sometime trying elaborate nice post and  something happened the moment i went to publish, put it simple: didn't work, so, the whole post got lost   

Anyway, trying doing quick:
about mayumi ss,,
is it included in vol 5??
or its only in the web chapter??
Its not on Vol 5, not sure its only Web release or have been on Magazine like double 7, but you could find here in the topic.

Well it's true that some magics already existed in theory before being put to practice but in V04CH10 Yamanaka said "Ah, no — I didn't see anything. Of course I didn't see Shiba Tatsuya-kun use some sort of theoretically impossible Self-Restoration ability. Seriously, his endurance is superhuman. How interesting!"
So Self Restoration is something thought of as impossible be it in practice or in theory.
it cannot be self restoration that kudou was talking about.
first of all, his self restoration ability speed is so fast that no one in the area could see the activation sequence being released. The only ones who know what happened are the 101st, not because they saw it, but because they know what happened.

Now the reason is when yamanaka says

"Neither did I. I doubt Kudou-sama noticed either. That being said, the speed of his Self-Restoration ability has long since surpassed the realms of human cognition speeds."

Prior to this, they were contemplating on tats using the "eye of the spirits", but it was refuted when fujibayashi stated that using this secret may fool all those third rate magicians, but not in the eyes of that gentlemen (refering to kudou). So its unlikely that kudou knows about his birth abilities.

first of all, his self restoration ability speed is so fast that no one in the area could see the activation sequence being released. The only ones who know what happened are the 101st, not because they saw it, but because they know what happened.

By successful attempt, I thought it was his flash cast, but it was shown that tats hid it by integrating oscillation magic into his CAD. So all that is left maybe his position as an artificial magician.

I think its more simple, the author wrote Yamanaka and Fujibashi dialog, but he did Mayumi exclaiming with pale face to Katsuto: "What was that??" or something like that, everyone saw an unknown WTF guy from a replacement weed team frontally fight with a renowned War hero and the heir of one of the 10 Clans (Elite of the Elite, please keep on mind these people have generations improving by any thinkable method their genetics line) and to made it worse on the all conditions suppose to being favorable to 3rd High, so, you only need battle experience or very sharp common sense to see this unknown receive front 16 illegally (cuz was more strong than allowed by the competitions rule) impacts, 2 of them on his body and just stumble briefly to get max speed and take down the adversary, so, what if you see someone being hit by a shotgun twice and just wake immediately without a single brush?, so someone like Kuduo, Koichi, Mayumi or Katsuto among experienced people will understand "something" happened, the fact they don't see activation spell just add more fuel, not weird they retrieve the info like when Tats and team from Mari accident (I mean 10 Clans or others), BTW, that match was probably the ignition spark of the Koichi interest over Tats, the talks in the SS after Scorched Halloween reveal his guessing s and its matter of time to connect the dots, cuz was like the 90s Olimpic USA Team (Jordan era) loosing to replacement low rank team.

@Mostraboy, based in the translations I have: in the same SS, Mayumi notice her father overflowing interest and she just being afraid of to known deeper, but she said: "Like always just need to ask" and the fact her father interest on Tats, BTW its the same when Koichi ask her to bring Miyuki and by the way "that boy too" with smile like a wolf, so she think it was his original purpose.
On Vamps arc, we know the Saegusa doings about to find out or maybe confirm Tats status by Ericka brother and other events.
I just think its more than probable we see Shiba siblings interview with Koichi, but its take time since Koichi request (made it starting Nov 2095 and current timeline its April 2096), so could be He take easy until have ground over Tats cover, it will be shocking if Koichi on the interview with Tatsuya and Miyuki, ask about Maya, something like  : How are your aunt Maya?.   
bloodyclaws
J-Member
Activity
0%

View Profile
« Reply #2946 on: January 07, 2013, 07:28:12 AM »
Go Up Go Down

I think he had enough skills since he did actually use his magic with the CADs he had been messing with.  He had the time and was considered a genius even then. And I think your understating Suzune's comment(just decent isn't how she described his skill), and what she said doesn't automatically mean he would have trouble tuning CADs. Neither does the fact he has a business partner who is better than him with CAD hardware.
Magic sequences are also made of psions, and while gram demolition does not alter phenomena there is no reason why an activation sequence could not be used to help coordinate the counter-magic spell.
I agree Kudou probably didn't see his magic activate, nobody likely did. But since I think he does know about Tatsuya's specialised magic abilities, I assume Kuudo made the same deductions that Yamanaka did.  Kuudo mentions he is an advisor for the military and knows about Kazuma scouting Tatsuya 3 years ago. Since he also mentioned his position from 3 years ago and that he knew Miya and Maya, I assume he had enough clearance and connections to be aware of all the details about the Okinawa attack and Tatsuya's part in it.  
Thanks for the work you did. I did a part of the preamble here on page 46 using google and a post from aespire. If you think what I did was okay I might edit some giving another perspective.

I can see what your speculating on. In the end, It all comes down to how closely connected kudou is to the 101st. The 101st are like the special units of the military. Just like how there are many secrets to the yotsuba clan even though they are part of the 10 master clans, there are also many secrets that the 101st has which are hidden away from the other branches of military itself. The confidentiality of tats abilities are extremely high leveled so even if your a higher position in the military may not allow you to have clearance to the 101st confidential information. Especially those of a deeper section.

To be honest, If he truly knew about the whole story of the okinawa attack and tats abilities, this statement would be quite odd.

"Sometime in the future, he will become our country's invaluable military asset along with the scion of the Ichijou Family.

kazama corrects him in the "future" section by explaining how he is already an invaluable military asset. One of only two in japan. If kudou truly knew what tats is capable of, he wouldn't be so careless as to make that statement.

In conclusion, I definitely agree that kudou is a key figure in the military and that he is granted to many of the confidential information and access to the latest of research. But I am not sure if he knows all there is to it, especially on all the abilities of a non registered war level magician.

P.S: almost forgot. Thanks Dreyakis for yet another chapter :3
ZeroUrashima
J-Hero
Activity
0%

View Profile
« Reply #2945 on: January 07, 2013, 07:27:44 AM »
Go Up Go Down

Dreyakis
J-Starter
Activity
0%

Renommée: 66

Member Nº: 94316

View Profile
« Reply #2944 on: January 07, 2013, 07:13:06 AM »
Go Up Go Down

If you're asking me, I don't like doing halfass jobs and don't want to modify other people's work without permission on the wiki. If I am to correct the translations, I'll have to rewrite about ~20% (Note, this is only based on the scientific explanation part, might be a lot less mistranslations for normal conversations) of every chapter and I don't really have the time... I don't know if it's at the Japanese -> Chinese level or Chinese -> English level but there are some stuff I have no clue where he pulls it from.

I guess 20% was saying too much, more like 5-10%, I remembered only the parts I corrected and didn't look at the rest before I guess.

Hey buddy, if you have something to say or believe something is wrong, drop me a message or something to let me know. How am I supposed to "give you permission" if I don't know that you're upset with how I did something? As someone else posted earlier, if you believe lines are being mistranslated, let the translator know so these issues can be addressed.

Likewise, I'm utterly flattered by your description that things are "just wrong". Does the defense get a chance to speak, or does the prosecution get the full time in front of the jury?
ZeroUrashima
J-Hero
Activity
0%

View Profile
« Reply #2943 on: January 07, 2013, 06:55:11 AM »
Go Up Go Down

Ya, I completely agree with you. She might be able to create better CADs than him but she wouldn't be able to make use of 100% of its potential with her software knowledge while Tatsuya will be able to use 100% of the potential of a slightly crappier CAD he can create. Overall, he's still winning but that doesn't matter to her <.<

But the point we were arguing was if Decomposition required magic from 2 Groups and 4 Types to cast, even if the Activation Sequence exists, he can't install it in the Specialized CAD IMO.
Software alone shouldn't be able to bypass the limit of One group per Specialized CAD so he'll need hardware skills. But I say he doesn't have the equipment and knowledge and time to break that limit when he was 13 at the cottage.

Edit:
Nevermind, I take it down to not give false hope, narration is...
Jirachier
J-Hero
Activity
0%

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2942 on: January 07, 2013, 06:41:22 AM »
Go Up Go Down

I guess you quoted me before I edited it. I added "above highschool level but not unreachable". That's how she said it exactly.
So, he is not exactly at pro level so naturally, under the level of Sanada that made the CAD he was using. He did not exaclty have the equipment to tune the hardware required at the cottage neither.
In fact, he says that the Moval Suit (Is it Moval from Move or Mobal from Mobile? whatever) and stuff, Sanada made something better than he can do. So his skills being under Sanada is a must and the CAD is made by Sanada. Expecting him to do a better job than Sanada for hardware is a bit... It's also the reason why Suzune tells Chiaki that she can win against him during the second year when the classes are around hardware instead. His knowledge about hardware is not that high if he can get be surpassed by Chiaki. Miyuki also says that he's playing the CAD's System when he has time in Volume 8, p139. You can't pass the Hardware's limit with only Software, you can only get closer to the Hardware's current limits.

Why would you need an Activation Sequence whose purpose is to build a Magic Sequence that Gram Demolition doesn't have? That's all Activation Sequence does. Gram Demolition doesn't have a Magic Sequence so it doesn't need an Activation Sequence to build a Magic Sequence it doesn't need.

Also, for fun since the other didn’t have that many translation mistake, here’s another <.<’;;; I guess 20% was oversaying it now that I read the other details, more like 5% unless I nitpick.

tbh Suzune encouraging Chiaki and telling her that by focusing on the hardware she can surpass Tatsuya is just giving the girl false hope, true his skill in that area isn't very high but it's something that is only important in test scores, in reality all he needs is his super high level in software, even if Chiaki studies 24h/7 and surpasses him there is no way it's to a level of hardware maintenance comparable to what Tatsuya can do software-wise.
ZeroUrashima
J-Hero
Activity
0%

View Profile
« Reply #2941 on: January 07, 2013, 06:28:03 AM »
Go Up Go Down

I think he had enough skills since he did actually use his magic with the CADs he had been messing with.  He had the time and was considered a genius even then. And I think your understating Suzune's comment(just decent isn't how she described his skill), and what she said doesn't automatically mean he would have trouble tuning CADs. Neither does the fact he has a business partner who is better than him with CAD hardware.

I guess you quoted me before I edited it. I added "above highschool level but not unreachable". That's how she said it exactly.

Magic sequences are also made of psions, and while gram demolition does not alter phenomena there is no reason why an activation sequence could not be used to help coordinate the counter-magic spell.

Also, for fun since the other didn’t have that many translation mistake, here’s another <.<’;;; I guess 20% was oversaying it now that I read the other details, more like 5% unless I nitpick.

Monstratboy
J-Addict
Activity
1.33%

MKR's Shiba T.

View Profile
« Reply #2940 on: January 07, 2013, 05:55:53 AM »
Go Up Go Down

Simply because he can't do it. The one that can tune the hardware is Thorus, not Silver. His knowledge about hardware is only decent even now according to Suzune. So it'll be even worse back then.

It doesn't. The Activation Sequence is explained as a blueprint to build a Magic Sequence.
Magic Sequence are to alter reality. Gram Demolition doesn't alter reality and like Mayumi said, it doesn't contain Magic Sequences in that example I rewrote a bit.
So it doesn't need any Activation Sequence.

"Neither did I. I doubt Kudou-sama noticed either. That being said, the speed of his Self-Restoration ability has long since surpassed the realms of human cognition speeds."

Prior to this, they were contemplating on tats using the "eye of the spirits", but it was refuted when fujibayashi stated that using this secret may fool all those third rate magicians, but not in the eyes of that gentlemen (refering to kudou). So its unlikely that kudou knows about his birth abilities.
I agree Kudou probably didn't see his magic activate, nobody likely did. But since I think he does know about Tatsuya's specialised magic abilities, I assume Kuudo made the same deductions that Yamanaka did.  Kuudo mentions he is an advisor for the military and knows about Kazuma scouting Tatsuya 3 years ago. Since he also mentioned his position from 3 years ago and that he knew Miya and Maya, I assume he had enough clearance and connections to be aware of all the details about the Okinawa attack and Tatsuya's part in it.  

Also, anyone mind checking over the Volume 4 Preamble or whatever? I posted a translation, but I'm using a dictionary about 80% of the time and I'm still not that great with the language :(.
Thanks for the work you did. I did a part of the preamble here on page 46 using google and a post from aespire. If you think what I did was okay I might edit some giving another perspective.
bloodyclaws
J-Member
Activity
0%

View Profile
« Reply #2939 on: January 07, 2013, 04:37:57 AM »
Go Up Go Down

By successful attempt, I thought it was his flash cast, but it was shown that tats hid it by integrating oscillation magic into his CAD. So all that is left maybe his position as an artificial magician.
ZeroUrashima
J-Hero
Activity
0%

View Profile
« Reply #2938 on: January 07, 2013, 03:50:49 AM »
Go Up Go Down

Hm... I just reread the thing I rewrote and start to understand some parts of what he was trying to say now, I guess writing that at 4-5am wasn't a good idea... In short what I said was wrong was in the end:

I guess I chose a bad example to rewrite then. =/ I was looking on thing of GD so used it. The worse I've seen so far is the Fujibayashi/Yamanaka conversation but it isn't as much as I thought now that I look at everything. About 5.
And yep, I was right, my problem is on the English side, not Japanese.

Edit:
For preamble. Physics and Chemistry are fields I try to avoid >_> So can't help you.
EnigmaticAxiom
J-Hero
Activity
0%

View Profile
« Reply #2937 on: January 07, 2013, 03:10:41 AM »
Go Up Go Down

EnigmaAction, like I said it's a bit odd to me, I didn't say it was wrong in the last example you gave so like you said, it's liberties. Odd is usually when the meaning isn't wrong but the English sounds weird to me. Mistranslations are those I said wrong straightforward.
The iching to approach for the first didn't make her sound histeric for being really shocked of GD so I'll stay it's borderline wrong though.
It was Idea for second. (I used Edea just not to confuse with the normal word idea since that's how it sounds like phonetically.)
Detonating the target sounds wrong to me. Maybe it's just because of my English. It's sad but lately, I think I'm better in Japanese than English for reading... <.<';;; I read tons of Japanese light novels but I barely touched any English books except theory ones or classic during class so meh >.>
Sorry, sorry, I misread the post. If that's the case, I would have to say I agree with you then :P

Also, anyone mind checking over the Volume 4 Preamble or whatever? I posted a translation, but I'm using a dictionary about 80% of the time and I'm still not that great with the language :(.
ZeroUrashima
J-Hero
Activity
0%

View Profile
« Reply #2936 on: January 07, 2013, 03:03:30 AM »
Go Up Go Down

EnigmaAction, like I said it's a bit odd to me, I didn't say it was wrong in the last example you gave so like you said, it's liberties. Odd or so-s or whatever are usually when the meaning isn't wrong but the English sounds weird to me. Mistranslations are those I said wrong straightforward.
The itching to approach for the first didn't make her sound histeric for being really shocked of GD so I'll say it's borderline wrong though.
It was Idea for second. (I used Edea just not to confuse with the normal word idea since that's how it sounds like phonetically.)
Detonating the target sounds wrong to me. Maybe it's just because of my English. It's sad but lately, I think I'm better in Japanese than English for reading... <.<';;; I read tons of Japanese light novels but I barely touched any English books except theory ones or classic during class so meh >.>

Why do you think he didn't have time to tune it? Wasn't he working on them in his free time non stop before the incident and didn't Miyuki peek on him tinkering with them?

Simply because he can't do it. The one that can tune the hardware is Thorus, not Silver. His knowledge about hardware is only decent (higher than highschool level but not unreachable) even now according to Suzune. So it'll be even worse back then.
His speciality is Software you know?

Based on the descriptions given on what CADs are for, it proves to me the opposite, that even for gram demolition an activation sequence is required and can be improved upon by using a CAD. Was there somewhere in the novel that states it wasn't required for it? It seems to me at the very least some sort of parameters for focusing the mass of psions would be required. Or I think it would just go wild like Miyuki's own magic during her emotional episodes.

It doesn't. The Activation Sequence is explained as a blueprint to build a Magic Sequence.
Magic Sequence are to alter reality. Gram Demolition doesn't alter reality and like Mayumi said, it doesn't contain Magic Sequences in that example I rewrote a bit.
So it doesn't need any Activation Sequence.
EnigmaticAxiom
J-Hero
Activity
0%

View Profile
« Reply #2935 on: January 07, 2013, 12:27:58 AM »
Go Up Go Down

If you're asking me, I don't like doing halfass jobs and don't want to modify other people's work without permission on the wiki. If I am to correct the translations, I'll have to rewrite about ~20% (Note, this is only based on the scientific explanation part, might be a lot less mistranslations for normal conversations) of every chapter and I don't really have the time... I don't know if it's at the Japanese -> Chinese level or Chinese -> English level but there are some stuff I have no clue where he pulls it from.
I haven't read the light novels (only the web novels with machine translations), but I'd like to say that, rather than being mistranslations, it feels more like there were some liberties taken to make it sound good in English, at least from the examples you gave. If the translations were put in a more literal sense, I feel the translation would not be as enjoyable since it would sound too stiff, and there's also the fact that this is a CH-->EN translation, and it's possible the CH translator did the same kind of thing. I'll list a few of the examples that you mentioned, I suppose.
Well, since I'm relying on Drey, I'm not going to complain, but I think a lot of what you have troubles with on his translations probably stems to some liberties taken to make it sound better in English. The examples you pointed out didn't necessarily sound wrong so much as they were much broader for interpretation. I feel a literal translation would make it feel too stiff.
Jirachier
J-Hero
Activity
0%

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2934 on: January 06, 2013, 11:28:56 PM »
Go Up Go Down

I guess you're right, but I think the likelihood of Kudou talking about him being an artifical magician is higher.

Tatsuya can really be confusing sometimes, in the Shiba Past Arc he said that he lost to Yanagi and isn't even close to Yakumo and in another instance in the Vampire Arc he said he can fight Yanagi and Kazama if he were to use Trident), I really hope that both cases are about him fighting them while his powers are sealed and otherwise he can win against them because he beats Lina, he can beat Maya(we can say that she her magic is weak to his but come on, she's one of the strongest magicians in the world if you need more than just affinity to win against such an opponent), he stopped 2 A ranked spells from Lina and Miyuki easily so for him not to be strong enough to beat them is not understandable especially Kazama and Yanagi.
In other series like Naruto when the main character was weaker than X we just think(well one day he will control Kyubi and will be stronger than this guy) but with Tatsuya his magic is not only broken but he already completely mastered it and as for his physical skills he already surpassed his master in them and only needs experience so what is he missing
Monstratboy
J-Addict
Activity
1.33%

MKR's Shiba T.

View Profile
« Reply #2933 on: January 06, 2013, 11:09:02 PM »
Go Up Go Down

Well Kudou said "Yesterday's match was quite entertaining. While I hear that it was the only successful example, I didn't imagine that it would be that powerful."
He didn't say "example" he said "successful example" which suggest that it's something that was a result of an experiment or something, and Tatsuya's Regeneration is an inborn ability not something given to him. And Kudou probably thought that before the experiment to add the Artifical thingy Tatsuya couldn't use magic and now he uses Gram Demolition and is pretty powerful as seen in his fight against Ichijou so for him that alone is probably enough to be considered worth praising.
Well it's true that some magics already existed in theory before being put to practice but in V04CH10 Yamanaka said "Ah, no — I didn't see anything. Of course I didn't see Shiba Tatsuya-kun use some sort of theoretically impossible Self-Restoration ability. Seriously, his endurance is superhuman. How interesting!"
So Self Restoration is something thought of as impossible be it in practice or in theory.
What I should say is the fact he uses the term 'successful example' doesn't rule out restore, as magic can be considered experimental as with the tests done with generalised flight magic.  Wether it was thought impossible or not doesn't matter because Kuudo mentions his own military advisory role he had 3 years ago when Tatsuya first revealed his specialised magic to the military. He could have gotten an accurate report of what happened in Okinawa.  Its just another possible suggestion since from what he could have seen in the match, being an artificial magician just doesn't seem to link to Kuudo's mention of 'not expecting it to be that powerful'.

Btw I don't get why Tatsuya was having a hard time against the parasites, i get that he couldn't hit them but why was he having so much trouble disintegrating their magic attacks, from the summary "the two were forced to defend (to be accurate, Tatsuya was using one hand to decompose the attacks coming at Lina while he defended himself with the other hand while Lina continued to attack).", He was actually able to disintegrate two A class magic at the same time from both Lina and unsealed Miyuki so why can't he completely render the parasites magic attacks useless ?
He, Honoka, Mikihiko, Miyuki and Pixie handled a group of them and sealed them up easily enough before the bodies were kidnapped by the military. I think the only problem he had was actually permanently eliminating them as you said or maybe defending more than 1 person, right? Destroying their stolen bodies wasn't a permanent measure and only made things worse in the end. When they combined, their magic became many times more phenomenal and he decided to end it quickly before it got any more dangerous and flirted to called out the big guns.
Jirachier
J-Hero
Activity
0%

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2932 on: January 06, 2013, 10:23:55 PM »
Go Up Go Down

There are magic prepared only in theory until somebody comes along with the ability to use actually it. Material Burst seems to be one from what Miya says in V8 and others were recently mentioned by ZeroUrashima from the v8 preamble so I don't think that would rule his auto-restore ability out. But you may be right and its possible he could have also been expecting Tatsuya to have a low psion count.

Btw I don't get why Tatsuya was having a hard time against the parasites, i get that he couldn't hit them but why was he having so much trouble disintegrating their magic attacks, from the summary "the two were forced to defend (to be accurate, Tatsuya was using one hand to decompose the attacks coming at Lina while he defended himself with the other hand while Lina continued to attack).", He was actually able to disintegrate two A class magic at the same time from both Lina and unsealed Miyuki so why can't he completely render the parasites magic attacks useless ?
Monstratboy
J-Addict
Activity
1.33%

MKR's Shiba T.

View Profile
« Reply #2931 on: January 06, 2013, 10:08:46 PM »
Go Up Go Down

He didn't say "example" he said "successful example" which suggest that it's something that was a result of an experiment or something, and Tatsuya's Regeneration is an inborn ability not something given to him. And Kudou probably thought that before the experiment to add the Artifical thingy Tatsuya couldn't use magic and now he uses Gram Demolition and is pretty powerful as seen in his fight against Ichijou so for him that alone is probably enough to be considered worth praising.
There are magic prepared only in theory until somebody comes along with the ability to use actually it. Material Burst seems to be one from what Miya says in V8 and others were recently mentioned by ZeroUrashima from the v8 preamble so I don't think that would rule his auto-restore ability out. But you may be right and its possible he could have also been expecting Tatsuya to have a low psion count.

I personally think if she accepted that he sucks due to the 3 tries, she doesn't think he is awesome in practice anymore
But she didn't accept he sucks did she? She says herself she thought he was always just being humble and that's why she questioned him about hiding his ability and why is he satisfied being a weed. Since she could see his quick magic skills with her special eyes. And then his answer caused her to think he was even more awesome because of the phony goals he stated and even clasped his hands and disturbed the class

Your second point doesn’t work because the first time he used Myst Dispersion with a CAD is when he was 13 in the events of Volume 8 which is right after he got the CAD. He didn’t have time to tune it that powerfully and still manage to cast Myst Dispersion with it. So the specialized CAD’s tuning has nothing to do with it.
Why do you think he didn't have time to tune it? Wasn't he working on them in his free time non stop before the incident and didn't Miyuki peek on him tinkering with them?

For your final point, that is not what the only thing CAD does and I just found a good example thanks to blackwhite67. Gram Demolition. Gram Demolition is just compressed Psions and doesn’t require Activation Sequence and yet he fired it with the CAD in the Nine School Tournament. It shows that CAD isn’t necessarily used for loading Activation Sequences.
Based on the descriptions given on what CADs are for, it proves to me the opposite, that even for gram demolition an activation sequence is required and can be improved upon by using a CAD. Was there somewhere in the novel that states it wasn't required for it? It seems to me at the very least some sort of parameters for focusing the mass of psions would be required. Or I think it would just go wild like Miyuki's own magic during her emotional episodes.

For your first point, they classify Material Burst and Myst Dispersion and Trident under Decomposition magic only, not any of the 4 Groups 8 types. Nibelheim was said to be oscillation magic. Inferno was said to be oscillation magic. Phonon Messer was said to be oscillation magic. Reinforcement Magic (Leo’s speciality) is Gather Magic. Vibrating Blade is Oscillation Magic. Etc, etc. Magic that was introduced always (from my memory) tell you which type they are from and yet, all of Tatsuya spell stay in the “Decomposition” category only. In other words, I believe that is enough to say that even by effect, they are not in the 4 groups 8 types but Decomposition which is a mix.
Exactly. I've never disputed the names. I've only said the the effects of the magic to me seem to me they wouldn't fall under the same main systematic categories as separation magic. We can treat 'Decomposition' as one single sub group of systematic magic, meaning the specialised CAD limitation hasn't been passed. For example a specialised CAD with decomposition by itself is ok but one with Decomposition and Fortification magic would be 2 different magic groups and over the limit.

Thats how I see things atleast. I do understand where you're coming from though with the BS magic activation always being available in the specialised magic processing area in the brain. But it will be hard for me to agree with the BS activation not being programmable in to a CAD.

long, long, long time not participate on Jcafe forum and well some months on others sites, but finally made it   59 pags lol    
Good job on the hard work, especially with language barrier.

Tatsuya Military rank
What do you really what to know here? The volume 3  baka-tsuki translation has him labelled as a 'special' Lieutenant, a non commissioned officer who has been loaned to the battalion, and all of the named 101 members he meets in this volume are all stated to be commissioned officers and his superiors.

Tatsuya vs Maya and Yotsuba Clan:
I do think its a good possibility Miya's reasons are as you say.  I don't think Maya's reason for making Miyuki the next head is anything other than what she said. Tatsuya's guardian role is set for life, and for a servant of such a role, power and inside knowledge that Tatsuya has to try and leave and make his own way would be unacceptable and require extreme measures. Tatsuya expects physical conflict when he leaves, and Maya wants to avoid such an unfavourable conflict and retain his loyalty to the clan. Its a very smart move, assuming they can get things to go well with Miyuki(the most ruthless I feel when it comes to protecting her brother's name. Good luck to them on this), and it shows the clans experience with political manoeuvring, if they plan to make sure and treat the siblings with kiddy gloves so as not to set either one off.

10 Clans
Its highly possible Mio's unexpected Saegusa visit was 1st suggested to them by Kouichi, Mayumi's dad, to try and wheedle extra info out from Mayumi about the Shibas. I think Mio and her brother's only goal though was to try and get info about the enemy.
I don't think the suggestion of marriage from Katsuto was really empty as he was only trying to be helpful and give Tatsuya an idea of what he has to prepare himself for in the future as the 10 master clans will not leave him alone in the future since he beat Ichijou. Because of his dutiful and blunt personality he makes the 1st suggestion on behalf of the clans.

From the volume 5 election arc Mayumi has been believing the Shibas are a disfavoured 'fallen family' from the Yotsuba Clan. Close but not really correct. Its only in the same web SS with Mio that she recalls all of Tatsuya's abilities she knows. There is nothing to indicate she knows any more actual truth than what she has seen herself or been told by Miyuki. Fujibayshi is under the same orders as Tatsuya to keep his secrets. I don't think she would give Mayumi that sort of info on him.

Somebody knows about drama DVD and 40 pages story from beginning December?, also someone mention an SS from Mayumi Summer, but not summaries can be found and a ready checked  
For Mayumi, besides whats been recently covered there is some bits I've had stored from this or the animesuki forum :

EDIT: BTW Juumongi Phalanx its weak against heat (Katsuto said on Fuji highway incident and I think on Yokohama too), so Miyuki Inferno or Sirius could take them down, I think Tats talking was cuz he: 1. Don't want to kill Katsuto, 2. Don't want to reveal any secret and 3. He is sealed by Miyuki magic, so it was like Tatsuya fought against Hattori, Ichijuo, Blanche and other with one hand tied behind plus carring Rochi turtle shell on the back (DGBZ) or even better: Zempaki eye patch (Bleach).
in vol 3 chapter 4 he could't stop both the car and the flames together because of all the magic interference, I recall no mention of his barriers being weak against heat here or anywhere else. He uses heat barriers with no trouble in the Yokohama arc.
maniax88
J-Member
Activity
0%

Member Nº: 90242

View Profile
« Reply #2930 on: January 06, 2013, 09:45:13 PM »
Go Up Go Down

about mayumi ss,,
is it included in vol 5??
or its only in the web chapter??
Chimurry
J-Regular
Activity
0%

View Profile
« Reply #2929 on: January 06, 2013, 06:59:03 PM »
Go Up Go Down

Could be "wrong" translation??  , well i not in the position to say, here is some quotes on Mayumi SS:

About the visit:
About engage:
Koichi about inviting Shiba siblings:
About Tatsuya/4th Clan and 101st battalion:
Later on Vamps Arc one of the Chiba Brothers is "assigned" to keep on eye on Tatsuya by Saegusa doing.

I get what you said, and its ok, Shizuku didn't loose anything, just if Tatsuya invented and other Magician have conditions its not weird to use a Cad with the specs for "air mine field", take Tatsuya like say: Howard Hughes or Skunk Works to the USA Armed Forces, its highly probable Tatsuya technical doing its for JSDF priority use, honestly I try to paid attention in the grammar but its kind of difficult when changes happens due linguistics, or others, I try but I think if people got the point is good too.

EDIT: Well, its true, once again, i am American, not only USA is America, but to get the point about the reference, I could use Mahouka Universe of terms but i will create more confusion, here everyone said: China and according the novels its Asian Alliance (don't remember exact name), including Korea, Russia its back prior to Soviet Union from cold war, looks like Germany is not in the Europe Union, so Japan Self Defense Forces are a Official Armed Forces, but explain the point of Tatsuya being in the Japan Army and his rank and condition, from point of view its try to explain from current system, Japan after WWII suffered major changes, mostly under General MacArthur, their JSDF ranks system its almost copy of the USA Armed Forces, so in that way, to explain about Tatsuya position (someone asked this in the past) its why i mentioned, don't know the symbol used (kanji or other) but someone mention it was "Officer" in BT its called Lieutenant and here some scripts say "Captain", so Fujibayashi its Lieutenant  rank but active Officer, Sanada Captain and Yannagui (I think its correct?) is Captain, the question was: Who command Tatsuya and who is under his hierarchy?   
ZeroUrashima
J-Hero
Activity
0%

View Profile
« Reply #2928 on: January 06, 2013, 06:26:57 PM »
Go Up Go Down

BTW Juumongi Phalanx its weak against heat

Where did you get this from exactly?
Please give me page in novel or volume/chapter from baka-tsuki.
He put up anti-fire and anti-lightning barriers in Volume 7, p243.

10 Clans

What...?
Just... what? Sorry, I don't get about half of what you're saying. And don't get where you got the other half...
Mio does want his brother to marry Mayumi but they are not interested in each other.
She visited to say farewell because she has to leave with the army to sign a peace treaty with China and the army want to use her presence to put pressure on the other side.
Her brother wanted information about the China army in case they fight.

What's Phonon Maze? Shizuku's spell? That's Phonon Mazer.
Since when did she lose it? More like, since when it's a Japan only spell?
That wasn't a Tatsuya original spell you know? Mayumi knew about it before she used it.

Mayumi's dad is interested in Tatsuya, that's a fact. He tries to invite Miyuki over then tries to add Tatsuya afterwards.
But there's no mention anywhere about him knowing all his spells. Even if Nagura talks, it's only regenerate that has been cast in front of him.
He might doubt about links between Tatsuya and Yotsuba though since he knows the 101 guys contacted Yotsuba.

Sorry, I dont understand the rest and don't know where you got it from.
Same with your other Spoiler brackets...

Also, I know I started it but I don't think this is an appropriate place to talk about ourselves.
Asking me to help translating and me replying were maybe borderline okay but we're getting completely offtopic.

Replied: January 01, 2013, 06:37:09 AM
Also, you mentioned JSDF but that no longer exist in their world.
The JSDF was created because they weren't allowed to own an army after the second world war IIRC.
If the Americans are gone and they have an army, they don't need the JSDF. Which fraction are you talking about?

Within Japan, it's the army, the police, the magician group and, ugh..., internal Intelligence(?) (Counter Intelligence(?), someone, help, I'm no good with those terms) or whatever
Chimurry
J-Regular
Activity
0%

View Profile
« Reply #2927 on: January 06, 2013, 05:57:16 PM »
Go Up Go Down

If I remember correctly Mayuim and her father were talking about Tatsuya, can someone remind me in what volume that happened ?

Mayumi SS:
EDIT: @ZeroUshima: believe I know what are talking about, even on my mother language i often do editing, 98% cuz grammar or give sense to the sentences, French??, well here its only Basic (6 years) and High School (5), technical get one more, but its not the often, the first 3 years of high school its obligatory take french and English, last 2 you can take one, some schools give 4, I received french 5 years, but honestly, ever practice again and could take words or the meaning but mostly lost all due the lack of practice, I spend some years on the US Navy and part of my role was Port inspections, mostly America (mean the Continent, not wrong said Country), so as many of the travelers know its very recommendable using some local language or even dialects to better know what you need, Cruise Ships come a mess, cuz is usual at least 75 Nationalities and no less than 15 idioms, plus the locals or dialects, I Spanish speaker and sometimes have hardship to get someone from other regions, like say: Mexico, Argentina or Spain.
Anyway: I think many of Us will be happy to get more translated material and appreciate the hardship of the translators from idioms we don't, even if try to know...
Pages:  1 ... 95 96 97 98 99 100 [101] 102 103 104 105 106 107 ... 160   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: