Funds $66 | Needed $160
Like the community? Enjoy reading manga?
Then click on the small donation banner! Thx!

45%

Author Topic: Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei vol.01-13+  (Read 659255 times)

Jirachier and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline OnyxObsidian

• J-Regular
  • Renommée: 19
    • View Profile
Re: Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei vol.01-12+
« Reply #7867 on: April 04, 2014, 03:12:20 AM »
I'm on baka-tsuki now and I assure you that it isn't out.

Offline kaizersoze

• J-Member
  • Renommée: 0
  • ningen shikkaku
    • View Profile
« Reply #7866 on: April 04, 2014, 12:00:21 AM »
is anyone able to access baka tsuki? and has vol 13 been released? one post from animesuki says it has been released. [here i thought it was 10th april?]

Offline OnyxObsidian

• J-Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #7865 on: April 03, 2014, 11:52:55 PM »
"An anime television series adaptation by Madhouse is scheduled to air from April 5, 2014. A mobile game titled Mahōka Kōkō no Rettōsei: School Magicus Battle and a PlayStation Vita game titled Mahōka Kōkō no Rettōsei: Out of Order by Namco Bandai Games were both announced at Dengeki Game Festival 2014 on March 16, 2014."
From wikipedia.
Interesting

Offline blackwhite67

• J-Addict
  • Renommée: 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #7864 on: April 03, 2014, 04:42:49 AM »
Is it just me or Morisaki's anime design looks more like a douchebag than the novel/manga ?

It's not just you. I think the novel, particularly his illustration in his side story made him look more manly, almost like Leo.

Online Jirachier

• J-Addict
  • Renommée: -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #7863 on: April 03, 2014, 02:34:22 AM »
Is it just me or Morisaki's anime design looks more like a douchebag than the novel/manga ?

Offline Mattdamon

• J-Regular
  • Renommée: 21
    • View Profile
« Reply #7862 on: March 29, 2014, 05:48:18 PM »
Found this from animesuki posted by chirst
Quote (selected)
I got the special video from facebook
credited by Danilo Takada
Mahouka Special : the video clip about Mahouka event , interview author , Mad house and Seiyuu.

Sorry, please read the forum rules to see why you can't view spoilers and why you can't post in this forum section. Thank you!

Offline kiritoxasuna

• Novel Fanatic!
  • J-Addict
  • must read a volume of light novel a day
    • View Profile
« Reply #7861 on: March 27, 2014, 09:45:17 PM »
That seems to be from the reminiscence ark.
Anyway, I must say, it looks great. MADHOUSE seems to be putting a lot of money into this.

of course. if they couldn't make an animation that fits our taste. the fans including me will be on rampage. of course the sales will not be that good. then no season 2.

when the blue-ray is released. i will buy it even it cost to much! :XD: :XD: :XD:

Offline Rac

• J-Regular
  • Renommée: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #7860 on: March 27, 2014, 05:26:51 AM »
At 1:28 in the second pv you can see Tatsuya holding the sniper rifle for material burst

That seems to be from the reminiscence ark.
Anyway, I must say, it looks great. MADHOUSE seems to be putting a lot of money into this.

Offline neftodr809

• J-Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #7859 on: March 26, 2014, 07:14:38 PM »
I hate the second PV, also Tatsuya from vol8 shooting MB from his finger..that makes no sense, he was supposed to shoot several bullets and then choose to decompose one which he signals by closing his hand..this makes me wondering if even more changes are done ;_;
At 1:28 in the second pv you can see Tatsuya holding the sniper rifle for material burst

Offline blackwhite67

• J-Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #7858 on: March 24, 2014, 11:26:33 AM »
魔法科高校の劣等生」PV第3弾 达也ver_深雪ver_魔法科高校的劣等生吧_百度贴吧
魔法科高校の劣等生」PV第3弾 达也ver_深雪ver_魔法科高校的劣等生吧_百度贴吧_2

I hate the second PV, also Tatsuya from vol8 shooting MB from his finger..that makes no sense, he was supposed to shoot several bullets and then choose to decompose one which he signals by closing his hand..this makes me wondering if even more changes are done ;_;

First of all, I think the finger gun looks cooler. Second, the scenes were probably chopped up in the PV. Tatsuya had to wait between firing the bullets and using Material Burst to let the bullets get close enough. The scene where he used the finger gun with Material Burst was probably after he had shot them. Third, he opened his hand.

Online Jirachier

• J-Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #7857 on: March 24, 2014, 05:19:59 AM »
魔法科高校の劣等生」PV第3弾 达也ver_深雪ver_魔法科高校的劣等生吧_百度贴吧
魔法科高校の劣等生」PV第3弾 达也ver_深雪ver_魔法科高校的劣等生吧_百度贴吧_2

Offline expertus

• J-Member
  • Renommée: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #7856 on: March 24, 2014, 05:09:26 AM »
2 new PVs just got released!

can you give us the links please?

Online Jirachier

• J-Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #7855 on: March 24, 2014, 04:59:47 AM »
2 new PVs just got released!

Offline Monstratboy

• J-Addict
  • Renommée: 27
  • MKR's Shiba T.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7854 on: March 22, 2014, 10:52:43 AM »
Is the contact type gram demolition only special to tomitsuka? :huh:
For the moment it is.  For him, its directly related to an unusal birth defect/phenomenon of having psions stick closely to his body.

Offline jmaverf

• J-Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #7853 on: March 22, 2014, 09:56:22 AM »
Is the contact type gram demolition only special to tomitsuka? :huh:

Offline kiritoxasuna

• Novel Fanatic!
  • J-Addict
  • must read a volume of light novel a day
    • View Profile
« Reply #7852 on: March 21, 2014, 08:27:02 PM »
Hell yeah! With 26 episodes instead of 24, they'll have enough to even do a few side stories.

well i'm expecting a 26 episode of the anime. thank god. he granted my wish! :wahaha: :wahaha: :wahaha:

Offline blackwhite67

• J-Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #7851 on: March 21, 2014, 02:32:17 PM »
anyway, now that it's confirmed to have 26 episodes, do you guys think they're gonna reach the Yokahoma Disturbance arc ?

Hell yeah! With 26 episodes instead of 24, they'll have enough to even do a few side stories.

Offline Tommas

• J-Member
  • Renommée: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #7850 on: March 21, 2014, 12:15:56 PM »
Most definitely, there is so much that can be shortened or cut out. The easiest scene deletion would probably be the 9 schools competition where they could cut out irrelevant rounds or events. Then there are the numerous sidestory type stories that could be added or ignored. I personally hope we get the sidestory volume animated because I enjoy the SoL most with this series. After Yokahoma seems the best place to stop, as there would be enough content for season two with the vampire/exchange student arc and the double-seven/anti-magician/Chinese spy-ring/whatever arc and maybe the Reminiscence/sidestories that were not added.

It really depends on how they want to roll with this. Studios do not seem keen on milking LN franchises anymore and use them merely as a glorified advertisement for the rest of the products related to the IP.

No clue why I would care though, LN adaptions of this type tend to fall short.

Online Jirachier

• J-Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #7849 on: March 21, 2014, 10:49:10 AM »
anyway, now that it's confirmed to have 26 episodes, do you guys think they're gonna reach the Yokahoma Disturbance arc ?

Offline seitsuki

• J-Starter
  • Renommée: 13
    • View Profile
« Reply #7848 on: March 20, 2014, 05:38:21 PM »
Sorry, please read the forum rules to see why you can't view spoilers and why you can't post in this forum section. Thank you!

/salute /leaves

Offline Mattdamon

• J-Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #7847 on: March 15, 2014, 07:21:42 PM »
Found interesting pictures
Anyone who can read Japanese, please translate it.

Offline NoLife222

• J-Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7846 on: March 15, 2014, 12:31:11 AM »
A quick thought: Why on Earth does the Yotsuba family bother putting in so much effort to hide Tatsuya and Miyuki's identities? I mean, the unknown is what is making people interested in them and making their identities known would also give them the protection of the Yotsuba. Seriously, to me it kinda looks like a lot of wasted effort -_-

The Maya kidnapping incident is one of the turning point of the Yotsuba family. More than half of Yotsuba is killed in the revenge combat against Dahan. That incident caused the Yotsuba to enforced policy like Guardians and secrecy to ensure something like that never happen again. Since the Yotsuba member is not known except the leader, the target to kidnap and harm for revenge is not possible. Harming the leader is even impossible because the leader is personally the most powerful and most protected.

Offline Fluke32

• J-Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #7845 on: March 10, 2014, 12:06:11 PM »
A quick thought: Why on Earth does the Yotsuba family bother putting in so much effort to hide Tatsuya and Miyuki's identities? I mean, the unknown is what is making people interested in them and making their identities known would also give them the protection of the Yotsuba. Seriously, to me it kinda looks like a lot of wasted effort -_-
From what I've read so far, it might not just be Miyuki and Tatsuya who's getting the false identity treatment; Most people don't know who are part of the Yotsuba. That is, aside from those that has been revealed by the clan in question, no one knows anyone from that Yotsuba.

As for the reasons, I have 2 potential reasons to keep a clandestine approach to their identities:
1st is to Protect vital members of the clan who are easy targets. The clan might boast as one of the more powerful group within Japan, because the Yotsuba has created a lot of enemies both outside and inside the country, it would be hard to keep every enemy at bay. Hence keeping their true identities become a necessity.

2nd reason is that some members of the Yotsuba have the identities are meant to be used for accomplishing missions that they couldn't under the name Yotsuba.

With the reasons I stated above, IMO Miyuki falls under the (vital member and vulnerable target) 1st category.

Tatsuya on the other hand, has his identity being kept a secret is for an entirely different reason; More specifically, the fact that "he was born a 'non-magician' in the Yotsuba" is being kept secret. This is secret is too huge for this fictional world to know. The implications of having successfully create an "artificial magician", albeit one as powerful as Tatsuya, will only result into two things:
1. An arms race for creating more "artificial magicians". Which is inevitable in a world that treats magic as a weapon
2. Human rights being subverted and the worsening of the treatment towards magicians as a whole. Magicians will be treated less and less human and people will be more inclined to treat them as tools of war.

Offline Mattdamon

• J-Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #7844 on: March 09, 2014, 07:53:14 PM »
Got a new pic

Replied: March 08, 2014, 07:47:00 PM
Got new video clip moderated by Chibi Erika and Leo

Got new pic from  - Spring 2014
Animedia Magazine April 2014 Issue

Offline blackwhite67

• J-Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #7843 on: March 09, 2014, 07:33:39 AM »

I understand that it may seem useless and even detrimental at first glance, but believe   me. It's worth it. Giving them extravagant false identities may help explain their incredible abilities, but it would increase the chances of uncovering the deception. A rule of covert identities is to always keep it simple so the only thing the Yotsuba can do is erase their pasts and make them as mundane as possible.

As for just announcing their identities, that's out of the question. The Yotsuba are pretty infamous and that sort of reputation comes with a lot of enemies. Putting a high-value asset like Miyuki out in the open would just be asking for a repeat of the whole tragedy with Maya.

Offline OnyxObsidian

• J-Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #7842 on: March 08, 2014, 10:38:39 PM »

Offline Anon-501

• J-Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #7841 on: March 08, 2014, 08:29:56 PM »

New cover! It's the Kuroba siblings! I knew it. Hot dang. Ayako's pretty big.

Those red things on her head make her seem a bit impish/like a devil. I wonder if that was intentional...

Offline blackwhite67

• J-Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #7840 on: March 08, 2014, 01:26:49 PM »

New cover! It's the Kuroba siblings! I knew it. Hot dang. Ayako's pretty big.

Offline Rac

• J-Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #7839 on: March 08, 2014, 03:35:47 AM »
The art of the Reminiscence ark manga is great. The best of the MKnR mangas.

Offline Mattdamon

• J-Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #7838 on: March 05, 2014, 08:03:12 PM »
A picture from Spring 2014 Dengeki G's Magazine April 2014 Issue

Offline Raizel-nim

• J-Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #7837 on: March 05, 2014, 06:43:03 PM »
This is a little thing but it's 101 (one zero one) battalion not 101st (hundred and first) battalion as most people seem to think, it was specifically mentioned in the novel.

Offline blackwhite67

• J-Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #7836 on: March 02, 2014, 06:29:18 PM »
We got the OP, or at least less than 15 seconds of it!

Offline Foresuto

• J-Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #7835 on: March 02, 2014, 02:28:42 AM »
For me this is unquestionable the best LN (it's my honest opinion) and I was afraid about level of anime.
After watching these two trailers at least I can say that lines and animations are really good. They looks just look like they should :)

Offline expertus

• J-Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7834 on: March 01, 2014, 06:06:09 PM »
Dude, if Flash Cast is one of the Yotsuba clan's secret techniques, how in the world would people ever connect the concepts 'Flash Cast' = 'Yotsuba technique' and 'Tatsuya using Flash Cast' = 'Tatsuya is a Yotsuba'? It is a SECRET, right? :XD:

I doubt that Flash Cast being the clue, Elder Kudou was referring to when he hinted that he knew how the Shiba siblings are powerful magicians of the Yotsuba.

I think what gave the Shiba's secret away was how vastly different Tatsuya was from Miyuki. Which would be something a former chief of the ten master clans would notice.

From what I meant as secret technique, how the process is made. Another example of this kind of technique is the Molecular Divider of the 'Sirius' magicians (I call them that; [Lina and William]).

Flash Cast is a byproduct of the magic experiment

In Volume 3 Chapter 4 (near the end)

Near the end of Volume 4 Chapter 10 Fujibayashi expresses the following sentiment,

So the experiment is a integral part of his flash cast ability, hence my earlier statement, that Kudou's interest in Tatsuya is not limited to the "successful experiment participant" but a hidden aspect we do not yet know.

Ok then, the flash cast is a successful experiment. But it doesn't say that it was the experiment that Miya and Maya did to him. Remember, to Miya and Maya, the experiment they used Tatsuya into was regarded as failure as such I don't think the experiment that they have done to Tatsuya is the same.

Speculation: I think Flash Cast is a Yotsuba secret technique (the process of how it is done is kept secret) that uses probably brainwashing, similar to what they did to Minami.
Also, if it is not a secret technique of the Yotsuba, why would they even need to make Tatsuya hide it whilst the 101 battalion didn't even care if it was shown.

Offline Monstratboy

• J-Addict
  • MKR's Shiba T.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7833 on: March 01, 2014, 12:08:02 PM »
To me, it's kinda counterintuitive to have the most magicy thing in the series to be banned from a highlight event of a novel revolving around magic.
You feel flying magic is counter intuitive to an event designed around specially created water pathways or an event that involves high speed ball play on courts?  Interesting.  

I do understand your point though, in addition to flying magic, I've also though that Tatsuya's abilities of making things disappear and reappear to be the only real magicky things in this series. When compared to the live magic I usually see on tv at least.  

Mayumi's character design for the anime is out, and she is HOT!
Its also a little weird to see how baby faced Hattori looks.  
Talking about character designs though...

I took that to be a reference to Tatsuya's use of Flash Cast during Monolith Code. And isn't Flash Cast the result of Miya and Maya's artificial magician experiment 10 years ago and Tatsuya the only successful example?
So the experiment is a integral part of his flash cast ability, hence my earlier statement, that Kudou's interest in Tatsuya is not limited to the "successful experiment participant" but a hidden aspect we do not yet know.
I agree that Tatsuya's Flash Cast is a byproduct of the experiment, what I find hard to believe is the statement Kudo makes of -'Yesterday's match was quite entertaining. While I heard that it was the only successful example, I didn't imagine that it would be that powerful' - being related to either Flash Cast or the experiment.

1. Tatsuya's Flash Casted magics have been stated several times throughout the story to be below average in power, but Kudo was impressed by how powerful the unique skill he saw used was. To me there were other skills used that day that the description powerful would better apply to.

2. I don't remember the novel stating anything about Tats being a "successful experiment participant", only that the experiment was considered a failure. More importantly, Flash Cast seems to also be possible without an artificial mca since V12c0 states the Yotsuba have a brain washing machine that they use successfully on Minami and others.  And the stated reason in v4c10 why the military don't use it was -'This ability was considered too unethical for even the military to adopt'.

Offline Seraph83

• J-Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7832 on: March 01, 2014, 08:44:06 AM »

In Volume 3 Chapter 4 (near the end)

Quote (selected)

[...]Tatsuya had already memorized such a simple Magic Sequence and, as long as he performed them sequentially and not simultaneously, this really didn't pose a problem.

Ironically, this was one advantage gleaned from the artificial virtual Magic Calculation Area currently residing in his consciousness, which was the ability to recall any Magic Sequence stored in his memory.

(I'm a devious man.)

He held onto the victim's perspective, but viewed the byproduct as an efficient tool to use.

Near the end of Volume 4 Chapter 10 Fujibayashi expresses the following sentiment,

Quote (selected)
"Indeed...... That's practically brainwashing the brain into carving the images of the Activation Sequences into memory, then directly recalling the Activation Sequence from memory without the aid of a CAD. This ability completely bypasses the need for the CAD to spread and read the Activation Sequences......

In his situation, the calculation area in his consciousness has taken this to the next level. By being able to construct Magic Sequences from memory, he also avoids the time needed to construct Magic Sequences in real time...... This way, he has absolutely replaced the deficit in processing speed."

Offline Fluke32

• J-Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #7831 on: February 28, 2014, 11:02:53 PM »
Dude, if Flash Cast is one of the Yotsuba clan's secret techniques, how in the world would people ever connect the concepts 'Flash Cast' = 'Yotsuba technique' and 'Tatsuya using Flash Cast' = 'Tatsuya is a Yotsuba'? It is a SECRET, right? :XD:

I doubt that Flash Cast being the clue, Elder Kudou was referring to when he hinted that he knew how the Shiba siblings are powerful magicians of the Yotsuba.

I think what gave the Shiba's secret away was how vastly different Tatsuya was from Miyuki. Which would be something a former chief of the ten master clans would notice.

Offline expertus

• J-Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7830 on: February 28, 2014, 08:08:50 PM »
... talks about a suprisingly powerful example that occurred in a match the day before. The experiment occurred 10 years ago, not the day before, and no part of it or the side effects can described as powerful, except for Miya's magic.

I took that to be a reference to Tatsuya's use of Flash Cast during Monolith Code. And isn't Flash Cast the result of Miya and Maya's artificial magician experiment 10 years ago and Tatsuya the only successful example?

No, the artificial magician is the experiment that Miya and Maya did. The Flash Cast is a secret technique of the Yotsuba on which even Tatsuya can use. If Tatsuya is seen to use Flash Cast, he might immediately be identified as a member of the Yotsuba.

Offline Vampirecat

• J-Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #7829 on: February 28, 2014, 06:04:11 PM »
This statement ...
Quote (selected)
"Yesterday's match was quite entertaining. While I hear that it was the only successful example, I didn't imagine that it would be that powerful."
... talks about a suprisingly powerful example that occurred in a match the day before. The experiment occurred 10 years ago, not the day before, and no part of it or the side effects can described as powerful, except for Miya's magic.

Offline Rac

• J-Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #7828 on: February 28, 2014, 05:03:39 AM »
Mayumi's character design for the anime is out, and she is HOT!

Offline Fluke32

• J-Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #7827 on: February 28, 2014, 04:39:05 AM »
To me, it's kinda counterintuitive to have the most magicy thing in the series to be banned from a highlight event of a novel revolving around magic. =.=

All the other so-called "magic" in this novel are either too "science fiction"-y or too "martial arts"-y so far. Only the concepts of flying and healing fit the magicy description imo. Take out flying-magic, and this series is back to pseudo-magic novel.  :XD:

Offline Monstratboy

• J-Addict
  • MKR's Shiba T.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7826 on: February 27, 2014, 08:26:04 PM »
Kudou knows not only Miya and Maya, who were his students, but also is aware of their abilities (of particular importance is Miya's mental interference magic), he was aware of the experiment (possibly helping to conceptualize it), due to the events of "three (four as of d7) years ago" during the okinawan invasion Tatsuya became part of the military, which did not escape Kudou's notice, and connecting the dots, he not only realized/figured out that he was Miya's son (and as such a Yotsuba) but also had the experiment performed on him, successfully.
But that is not the only reason for Kudou's interest in Tatsuya, but, as of now, we do not yet know the underlying reasons for it.
What I don't understand though is how any of those quotes relate to the failed experiment from 10 yeas ago though.

This statement ...
Quote (selected)
"Yesterday's match was quite entertaining. While I hear that it was the only successful example, I didn't imagine that it would be that powerful."

-> although that refers to Tatsuya joining the 101st Magic Battalion, but it hints on his relationship with both of them, and most likely knowledge of Miya's ability.
Why do you assume its a hint about Miya's special ability though? He also talked about Maya.

This quote...
Quote (selected)
"Sir, just as you know the details on my side, so too do I know a few things on your side. I know the real reason why you are so interested in Tatsuya's situation."
...when taking into account the preceding conversation and context, it suggests to me Kazuma doesn't believe the crap Kudo is spouting about Tatsuya being 'wasted as just a private bodyguard' and wanting to separate Tatsuya from the Yotsuba because he is worried that with the way the Yotsuba forge themselves 'Something that only exists as a weapon will someday be excluded from the world of men'. He knows Kudo wants to weaken the Yotsuba clan and most likely make his own clan more powerful at the same time.

Kudo doesn't seem to know Tatsuya pretty much does whatever he wants. He refuses clan orders he doesn't like, he has the freedom of 3 labs for his private research, works for the military by his own choice, goes to school not just as a guardian but to aid his research as he gains access to the Magic Uni's database as a 1st High student, and that his research is actually aiming towards diminishing the main role of the entire 10 Master clans as human weapons. Kudo also doesn't seem to know that due to an experiment messing up his emotions, Tatsuya will never ever allow himself to be removed from being Miyuki's private bodyguard.  

Its too long a jump in logic for me to believe Kudo was hinting about the skills used for the experiment, to me there is just no link to it even hinted in any of that conversation. Especially since the reasons Tatsuya is so valuable has mostly nothing to do with the results of the failed experiment, and more to do with his 2 innate magics and extraordinary sensory talent.

What? That doesn't make any sense... The committee who made one blunder after another during the previous year's event that led to First High losing player after player, yet they aren't going to make up for that? So you're saying they're more likely to screw First High over yet again?
I'm not expecting them to actually try and screw over First High. Only for them to put in place rules to deal with the many unexpected events that occurred in the previous competition, and ban universal flying magic from events that I believe should really have no flying in them.

Offline Fluke32

• J-Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #7825 on: February 27, 2014, 05:59:53 PM »
Tatsuya mentioned the event organisers were the ones who likely stole and leaked his custom event flying magic data from his Cad, and gave it to the other schools to help them save face and also as revenge for his accusations.

The spoilers floating around indicate that besides a new main event, the 9 school organisers are changing some rules.  This I assume is response to Tatsuya's and First High's success. Rather than the contestants or schools complaining, its the organisers I believe who will once again try to reduce the likelihood of Tatsuya and First High using the same methods to allow them to so utterly dominate all the points again, in the name of fair play(and to get back at him).

I also think allowing universal flying magic in other events like battle board would completing change the actual event's purpose and make the specially designed water tracks useless.
What? That doesn't make any sense... The committee who made one blunder after another during the previous year's event that led to First High losing player after player, yet they aren't going to make up for that? So you're saying they're more likely to screw First High over yet again?

That's it then, I'm rooting for 4th High. :wohoho:

Offline Hakazee

• J-Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #7824 on: February 27, 2014, 04:29:46 PM »

another question:
Is Zhou's master a Dahan survivor? In Volume 12 Chapter 15 (D7 Arc)I can only guess that "that clan" refers to the Yotsuba

Imagine his surprise when he finds out that the person who foiled his plans twice, is a member of said clan (even if disavowed).
Maybe Zhou (or his master through him) will try to get back at Tatsuya by targeting Miyuki and/or his friends ... ass dissolving is sure to follow.

yes he is,

and Zhou's master is HEIGU the BLACK SAGE.
also one of the sage.

i wonder why Heigu didn't search about Tatsuya.

Offline Seraph83

• J-Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7823 on: February 27, 2014, 02:01:18 PM »
In Chapter 12 of the 9 School Competition Arc, Kazama and Kudou talk about Tatsuya

Kudou tells Kazama:
Quote (selected)

A few lines earlier

Quote (selected)
"It's hardly surprising that I would know about it, right? Three years ago, I was conveniently the chairman of the committee for the Ten Master Clans and currently remain a magic advisor to national defense. Also, though it was for a short period of time, both Maya and Miya were my students."

-> although that refers to Tatsuya joining the 101st Magic Battalion, but it hints on his relationship with both of them, and most likely knowledge of Miya's ability.

I wouldn't be surprised if he played a part in the conception of the experiment.
Again I  offer this
Quote (selected)
Also, though it was for a short period of time, both Maya and Miya were my students.

In the same chapter a few line later Kazama drops this

Quote (selected)
"Sir, just as you know the details on my side, so too do I know a few things on your side. I know the real reason why you are so interested in Tatsuya's situation."

So following the hints, I provided, I postulate the following:

Kudou knows not only Miya and Maya, who were his students, but also is aware of their abilities (of particular importance is Miya's mental interference magic), he was aware of the experiment (possibly helping to conceptualize it), due to the events of "three (four as of d7) years ago" during the okinawan invasion Tatsuya became part of the military, which did not escape Kudou's notice, and connecting the dots, he not only realized/figured out that he was Miya's son (and as such a Yotsuba) but also had the experiment performed on him, successfully.
But that is not the only reason for Kudou's interest in Tatsuya, but, as of now, we do not yet know the underlying reasons for it.

another question:
Is Zhou's master a Dahan survivor? In Volume 12 Chapter 15 (D7 Arc)
Quote (selected)
(In the end, the Master’s true feelings on the matter are to have his revenge against the people responsible for bringing out Great Han...... The real target is not such a vague organization like “Japanese Magicians”, but that clan in particular.)
I can only guess that "that clan" refers to the Yotsuba

Imagine his surprise when he finds out that the person who foiled his plans twice, is a member of said clan (even if disavowed).
Maybe Zhou (or his master through him) will try to get back at Tatsuya by targeting Miyuki and/or his friends ... ass dissolving is sure to follow.

Offline Monstratboy

• J-Addict
  • MKR's Shiba T.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7822 on: February 27, 2014, 02:41:01 AM »
Not sure if this has been asked before:

During the Nine School Competition, after/during Tatsuya's "visit" to the No Head Dragon syndicate, Kazama and Kudou meet and have a little chat.

Kazama hints that he is aware of the true reasons of Kudou's interest in Tatsuya.
I'm pretty sure there is nothing in their conversation that hints or indiates they are talking about that though. 

As I remember it, Kudo mentioned about a powerful skill he saw Tats show the previous day, about an event that occurred when he was in charge 3 years ago, and revealed he knows the Yotsuba connection. But I don't remember any hinting or mention to the experiment that occurred 10 years past.

Offline Seraph83

• J-Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7821 on: February 27, 2014, 01:09:15 AM »
Not sure if this has been asked before:

During the Nine School Competition, after/during Tatsuya's "visit" to the No Head Dragon syndicate, Kazama and Kudou meet and have a little chat.

Kazama hints that he is aware of the true reasons of Kudou's interest in Tatsuya.

Offline Monstratboy

• J-Addict
  • MKR's Shiba T.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7820 on: February 27, 2014, 12:14:39 AM »
What you are saying is contrary to what Nine Schools Competition is advocating. Based on the content of Volume 3 and 4, the only restrictions on what type of magic to use are only for "safety reasons" and "fair play".

Flying Type Magic is available to everyone in MKR, and those who fail to use it, or not able to fully utilize it for competition should not cry about it. So Fair play is not an issue IMO.

Flying Type Magic also has a built in safety feature as shown on Volume 4. Based on my understanding, the magic sequence monitors the magic's user, and can make a judgement call and make the user land safely if the he/she can't maintain flight. So on that standpoint, I do not believe that's also an excuse for banning Flying-Type Magic from the competition.

Besides, wasn't the Nine Schools Competition supposed to be a showcase of Magic? If you can safely showoff, then you should. I think that's the basic gist of the whole event quite honestly.
Tatsuya mentioned the event organisers were the ones who likely stole and leaked his custom event flying magic data from his Cad, and gave it to the other schools to help them save face and also as revenge for his accusations.

The spoilers floating around indicate that besides a new main event, the 9 school organisers are changing some rules.  This I assume is response to Tatsuya's and First High's success. Rather than the contestants or schools complaining, its the organisers I believe who will once again try to reduce the likelihood of Tatsuya and First High using the same methods to allow them to so utterly dominate all the points again, in the name of fair play(and to get back at him).

I also think allowing universal flying magic in other events like battle board would completing change the actual event's purpose and make the specially designed water tracks useless.

Offline OnyxObsidian

• J-Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #7819 on: February 26, 2014, 09:26:23 PM »
there is no web arc 7

Offline nosaer

• J-Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7818 on: February 26, 2014, 05:03:09 PM »
All of the web arcs have been novelized, and all of the novels are currently up to date in their English Translations on baka-tsuki