Funds $43 | Needed $120
Like the community? Enjoy reading manga?
Then click on the small donation banner! Thx!

39%

Author Topic: Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei vol.01-15+  (Read 1027462 times)

Slamerz19, k11111 and 8 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline h0rizoon

• J-Member
  • Renommée: -10
    • View Profile
Re: Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei vol.01-13+
« Reply #8456 on: May 25, 2014, 09:18:52 PM »
Tatsuya didn't need a CAD for MB the first time he used it. In fact, he couldn't have programmed MB into the CAD because MB had never been used before. The rifle CAD was used to shoot the bullets at the enemy fleet so that he could track the bullets and target them. In the same way, Tatsuya uses Third Eye only for targeting. The reason the second time MB was used resulted in a more powerful explosion was the larger target. The first time Tatsuya had targeted only a bullet; the second time, it was a 1kg flag.

tatsuya may didnt need the CAD but he will certainly need the armament type of device.
you people are talking as if he just have to catch 1 kg of substance and throw it.
Another question is why Tatsuya didn't create his own third eye.
So, he can use it whenever he want.

i think he  is able to create his own third eye but is that a simple weapon that is use in there daily life or competition, it s a weapon which can create mass destruction.

and you may ask another question about armament device? I think third eye is the advance version of armament device.
 and i think is  a special weapon

Offline OnyxObsidian

• J-Hero
  • Renommée: 29
    • View Profile
« Reply #8455 on: May 25, 2014, 09:14:26 PM »
Because when the military and Yotsuba catch wind of the fact that he's building his own "Instant Nuke a Country" device, he's going to lose all the freedoms he has and be locked up forever with constant guards and have to go through the military or a handler for every engineering thing he does. That would be a seriously stupid idea.
Also, why would he want a Third Eye? In Vol 12 he admitted that he was worried that he would one day shatter the world, so why would he create a shortcut to that???
Plus, if the situation demanded it, the military would just HAND Third Eye over to him and he wouldn't have to do anything. If he went around nuking Strategic Magic, he would be killed because Japan would have lost control of him. There are so many reasons why he wouldn't toy with the idea of giving himself MORE power and MORE reason for everyone to get twitchy about him.

Offline Hakazee

• J-Hero
  • Renommée: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #8454 on: May 25, 2014, 09:08:02 PM »
sorry, but i think you didnt read it correctly. If MB can be used in any CAD why didnt he used his own special CAD or any other CAD.  And why did kazama put 3 or  4 security layer.  also the "third eye " destructive power is greater the previously use one

what did you said about targeting................... so does that mean all the gun type CAD is used only for targeting

Another question is why Tatsuya didn't create his own third eye.
So, he can use it whenever he want.

Offline Vampirecat

• J-Regular
  • Renommée: 28
    • View Profile
« Reply #8453 on: May 25, 2014, 08:18:20 PM »
sorry, but i think you didnt read it correctly. If MB can be used in any CAD why didnt he used his own special CAD or any other CAD.  And why did kazama put 3 or  4 security layer.  also the "third eye " destructive power is greater the previously use one

what did you said about targeting................... so does that mean all the gun type CAD is used only for targeting

Tatsuya didn't need a CAD for MB the first time he used it. In fact, he couldn't have programmed MB into the CAD because MB had never been used before. The rifle CAD was used to shoot the bullets at the enemy fleet so that he could track the bullets and target them. In the same way, Tatsuya uses Third Eye only for targeting. The reason the second time MB was used resulted in a more powerful explosion was the larger target. The first time Tatsuya had targeted only a bullet; the second time, it was a 1kg flag.

Offline bacon123

• J-Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #8452 on: May 25, 2014, 07:30:46 PM »
I believe it is for long-distance targeting, so that Tatsuya wouldn't be caught in the Material Burst that he casts.

Tatsuya can use MB without "third eye", but Tatsuya needs it for long distance targeting as he needs to see the target first so that he can find it in the information dimension to get it location/information for MB to work.

Offline Anon-501

• J-Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #8451 on: May 25, 2014, 06:42:07 PM »

I believe it is for long-distance targeting, so that Tatsuya wouldn't be caught in the Material Burst that he casts.

Offline h0rizoon

• J-Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8450 on: May 25, 2014, 05:38:12 PM »
Do you read? Third Eye was only necessary for targeting not casting. He used MB easily enough without it during the Reminiscence arc.

Offline kiritoxasuna

• Novel Fanatic!
  • J-Addict
  • Renommée: 12
  • must read a volume of light novel a day
    • View Profile
« Reply #8449 on: May 25, 2014, 12:35:30 PM »
Do you read? Third Eye was only necessary for targeting not casting. He used MB easily enough without it during the Reminiscence arc.

yes i agree with you.

Offline blackwhite67

• J-Addict
  • Renommée: 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #8448 on: May 25, 2014, 10:30:06 AM »
Its been mentioned that Tatsuya can't perform Material burst without that special cad (third eye I believe?), so there is definitely something complex about the execution of this Magic. and you say its "just" mist dispersal like thats a simple magic that anyone can perform, instead of tatsuya's BS magic. it may be simple for him, but that doesn't make it a simple magic.

Offline nosaer

• J-Member
  • Renommée: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #8447 on: May 25, 2014, 09:11:15 AM »
Alright. For starters, there is nothing that says that MB is a complex magic. It is no different from Mist Dispersal in the fact that it breaks down physical structures other than that it does it so completely that it results in matter energy conversion. Let's be real, it is essentially matter energy conversion in terms of result, but that's a fine detail. It is NOT an area of effect magic. It only targets a single object and the result affects a wide area due to the release of energy. No mention has ever been made about it being more complex or requiring more "magic" than Mist Dispersal and Tatsuya reduced an entire airship to dust.

Its been mentioned that Tatsuya can't perform Material burst without that special cad (third eye I believe?), so there is definitely something complex about the execution of this Magic. and you say its "just" mist dispersal like thats a simple magic that anyone can perform, instead of tatsuya's BS magic. it may be simple for him, but that doesn't make it a simple magic.

Offline OnyxObsidian

• J-Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #8446 on: May 24, 2014, 08:59:45 PM »
? Sashiko was translating chapter 3 of vol 13?

Offline h0rizoon

• J-Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8445 on: May 24, 2014, 07:40:07 PM »
From Sashiko:
Sorry, please read the forum rules to see why you can't view spoilers and why you can't post in this forum section. Thank you!

Also, Dreyakis has just started a new project. Don't know what this means for the Mahouka translations, and it hasn't been stated what the project is but anyways...

can i ask which novel sashiko start translating

Offline OnyxObsidian

• J-Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #8444 on: May 24, 2014, 03:55:44 PM »
From Sashiko:
Sorry, please read the forum rules to see why you can't view spoilers and why you can't post in this forum section. Thank you!

Also, Dreyakis has just started a new project. Don't know what this means for the Mahouka translations, and it hasn't been stated what the project is but anyways...

Offline OnyxObsidian

• J-Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #8443 on: May 24, 2014, 10:30:37 AM »
Maya, vol 8
Quote (selected)
"For now, the Stars have simply begun their own investigation. But they have already grasped that the explosion was caused by a magic which converts mass into energy. That narrows down the identity of the operator considerably. —Specifically, enough to pinpoint you and Miyuki-san as one of the suspects."

Using MB
Quote (selected)
The bullet broke down into energy.

In that moment, the mass conversion magic ‘Material Burst’ was used in anger for the first time.

Regrowth
Quote (selected)
The moment one passed that threshold, his magic was as helpless as anything else. It was the first time he had attempted ‘Regrowth’ on others, but from previous experience and the knowledge that his own flesh and another’s flesh were all similarly ‘matter’ he knew that restoration was possible

Maya and Tatsuya have also confirmed that it is matter to energy conversion. Magic can have more than one effect.

Offline Gohanish

• J-Addict
  • Renommée: 3
  • I may not be the best but i am not the worst eithe
    • View Profile
« Reply #8442 on: May 24, 2014, 09:32:14 AM »
Alright. For starters, there is nothing that says that MB is a complex magic. It is no different from Mist Dispersal in the fact that it breaks down physical structures other than that it does it so completely that it results in matter energy conversion. Let's be real, it is essentially matter energy conversion in terms of result, but that's a fine detail. It is NOT an area of effect magic. It only targets a single object and the result affects a wide area due to the release of energy. No mention has ever been made about it being more complex or requiring more "magic" than Mist Dispersal and Tatsuya reduced an entire airship to dust.

Gram Demolition is not a complex magic. It's just psion manipulation.

i said that again and again but no one listens. also only the result is matter energy conversion .  gm requires high psion count it cant be done by mere magicians

Offline blackwhite67

• J-Addict
  • Renommée: 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #8441 on: May 24, 2014, 09:25:23 AM »

Gram Demolition is not a complex magic. It's just psion manipulation.

Offline h0rizoon

• J-Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8440 on: May 24, 2014, 08:43:24 AM »
the problem is where did you get that if MB. the object that is being conversed still maintain its weight???? i know MB use a lot of magic because even the magic itself is simple it still wide range area class magic......???

woah wide range area class magic . do you even understand the destruction it would cause that way . it simply acts on a particular object . moreover it doesnt require any extra magic . its just dec.. being used at the ultimate level

i also agree with gohanish. it is a wide range magic but the magic used is decomposition magic which only tatsuya can use, so i would not call it a simple magic

Offline Gohanish

• J-Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #8439 on: May 24, 2014, 08:34:52 AM »
the problem is where did you get that if MB. the object that is being conversed still maintain its weight???? i know MB use a lot of magic because even the magic itself is simple it still wide range area class magic......???

woah wide range area class magic . do you even understand the destruction it would cause that way . it simply acts on a particular object . moreover it doesnt require any extra magic . its just dec.. being used at the ultimate level

Offline h0rizoon

• J-Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8438 on: May 24, 2014, 08:33:41 AM »

as far as i know tatsuya cannot use many complex magic i think the only complex magic tatsuya can use is gram demolition
i know  decomposing matter into energy is a single step but which is not a simple thing to do. we all know it only possible for tatsuya since it only and only unique magic that tatsuya can only use

Offline archinoz

• J-Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #8437 on: May 24, 2014, 08:23:09 AM »
ya ya i can see the decomposition but MB is conversing of energy not only just decomposition so i think you need to read it again
and for conversion of energy it require  more magic than just for decomposition

Offline Gohanish

• J-Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #8436 on: May 24, 2014, 08:12:58 AM »
ya ya i can see the decomposition but MB is conversing of energy not only just decomposition so i think you need to read it again
something like that was never mentioned . it was clearly written mb is ultimate decomposition magic . its the foolish stars and the world who think its merely matter to energy conversion . it means that there in no benefit for you even after reading so much . and what are you referring when you say it requires more magic . it doesnt need a thing as extra . completely similar to decomposition  as tats can use it at varied levels

Offline h0rizoon

• J-Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8435 on: May 24, 2014, 07:55:42 AM »
huh where are you coming from . did you read the series properly . are you looking down on tats . mb is just another of decomposition . tats can easily decompose a 30 tone tank easily without breaking a sweat in his sealed state . it doesnt take any special magic or time . moreover he doesnt need a cad for that . if miyuki dies , tats pissed , end of the world . do you get it

Offline Gohanish

• J-Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #8434 on: May 24, 2014, 07:50:54 AM »
do you even know how much is 1T
it does converse but it will not loose its weight  even so it will require lotttt of magic to converse
and i think even tatsuya will have that much magic
also you are expecting a lot from MC

huh where are you coming from . did you read the series properly . are you looking down on tats . mb is just another of decomposition . tats can easily decompose a 30 tone tank easily without breaking a sweat in his sealed state . it doesnt take any special magic or time . moreover he doesnt need a cad for that . if miyuki dies , tats pissed , end of the world . do you get it

Offline archinoz

• J-Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #8433 on: May 24, 2014, 07:40:54 AM »
it does converse but it will not loose its weight 

when converse the matter is tatsuya feel the weight of object he want to converse???I think that its the first time i heard about it..and what do you mean it not loose it weight when the matter is conversed??? is that object completely gone and change into pure energy??

Offline h0rizoon

• J-Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8432 on: May 24, 2014, 07:36:56 AM »
what do you mean by fire ????MB just converse the matter in around target not sent the matter to target and blow @@...
if MB is fired than how is that different from nuke @@

it does converse but it will not loose its weight  even so it will require lotttt of magic to converse
and i think even tatsuya will have that much magic
also you are expecting a lot from MC

Offline archinoz

• J-Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #8431 on: May 24, 2014, 07:25:33 AM »
i dont think he would be able fire 1T

what do you mean by fire ????MB just converse the matter in around target not sent the matter to target and blow @@...
if MB is fired than how is that different from nuke @@

Offline h0rizoon

• J-Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8430 on: May 24, 2014, 06:49:30 AM »
hahahaha thats true i think hismaterial burst is strongest strategic class magic in this world...where the other need to have certain condition or device that to activate magic.tatsuya just need cad and some bullet then...BANG @@
if he converse 1 T weight i cannot imagine what destruction would happen....just converse 1 kg can wipe out army @@

i dont think he would be able fire 1T

Offline archinoz

• J-Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #8429 on: May 24, 2014, 06:40:06 AM »
no thats just the parasites which are similar to human mind but arent one they need a vassal but they can act independently for a temporary amount of time . tats magic is not confusing but it is indeed scary . for me he is one of the most badass protagonist in history.

hahahaha thats true i think hismaterial burst is strongest strategic class magic in this world...where the other need to have certain condition or device that to activate magic.tatsuya just need cad and some bullet then...BANG @@
if he converse 1 T weight i cannot imagine what destruction would happen....just converse 1 kg can wipe out army @@

Offline Gohanish

• J-Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #8428 on: May 24, 2014, 06:20:44 AM »
no thats just the parasites which are similar to human mind but arent one they need a vassal but they can act independently for a temporary amount of time . tats magic is not confusing but it is indeed scary . for me he is one of the most badass protagonist in history.

Offline archinoz

• J-Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #8427 on: May 24, 2014, 05:30:02 AM »
This is what the whole vamp arc was about.  Theories that the brain is separate to the mind, and that the mind is an incorporeal pushion spirit body.  Tatsuya theorized the vamps were creations of the mind, and that the human mind/spirit/soul existed in a higher plane or alternate dimension.  The vamps could use magic without a brain and Tatsuya theorized it because their abilities originated from the human mind.

So the brain is shown to be mostly unrelated to the mind and consciousness.  Continuous successful attacks would eventually wear him out, but with all the 'mind is a extra-dimensional spirit' info we got , it makes one wonder if he would actually die with no brain and body, or would his mental body still be able to work magic and restore him before 'death' actually occurs. 

hmm....its sound just like when the soul is separated from the main body it will still have ability to think and independent body and can perform magic to restore his body.....
omg tatsuya magic is too confusing and at the same time scary....if holy grail really exist i dare say that tatsuya magic is comparable with that relic...@@

Offline Gohanish

• J-Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #8426 on: May 24, 2014, 04:44:52 AM »
hmm i think its impossible even if tatsuya use regrowth.if her body is blown to pieces automatically her consciousness will gone....who will active the magic then??
i think to use regrowth tatsuya need brain to active the magic...what will happen if the brain itself already destroyed @@..is tatsuya some kind of supernatural being who can construct her body with just her soul lingering around...omg thats not magic anymore....that rinne tensei @@

ofcourse tats regrowth cant bring one to lfe once they have passed the threshold of death . if he could do that then we wouldnt be wondering if tats will destroy the world if miyuki dies . but thats not the case with his autorestore since the moment his body receives stimulus information is sent to mind to activate it since the time lag is infinitesimal it makes up . moreover since the mind is using it on its own body so it being disconnected cant be the case

Offline Monstratboy

• J-Addict
  • MKR's Shiba T.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8425 on: May 24, 2014, 04:06:16 AM »
hmm i think its impossible even if tatsuya use regrowth.if her body is blown to pieces automatically her consciousness will gone....who will active the magic then??
i think to use regrowth tatsuya need brain to active the magic...what will happen if the brain itself already destroyed @@..is tatsuya some kind of supernatural being who can construct her body with just her soul lingering around...omg thats not magic anymore....that rinne tensei
This is what the whole vamp arc was about.  Theories that the brain is separate to the mind, and that the mind is an incorporeal pushion spirit body.  Tatsuya theorized the vamps were creations of the mind, and that the human mind/spirit/soul existed in a higher plane or alternate dimension.  The vamps could use magic without a brain and Tatsuya theorized it because their abilities originated from the human mind.

So the brain is shown to be mostly unrelated to the mind and consciousness.  Continuous successful attacks would eventually wear him out, but with all the 'mind is a extra-dimensional spirit' info we got , it makes one wonder if he would actually die with no brain and body, or would his mental body still be able to work magic and restore him before 'death' actually occurs. 

Offline archinoz

• J-Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #8424 on: May 24, 2014, 12:37:58 AM »
no he never said that fool . his auto restore wont let him die even if a nuke blows up near him . only that he wont be able to counterattack. if it was possible to kill him he would have died already

i think to use regrowth tatsuya need brain to active the magic...what will happen if the brain itself already destroyed @@..is tatsuya some kind of supernatural being who can construct her body with just her soul lingering around...omg thats not magic anymore....that rinne tensei @@

Offline Gohanish

• J-Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #8423 on: May 23, 2014, 11:51:23 PM »
no he never said that fool . his auto restore wont let him die even if a nuke blows up near him . only that he wont be able to counterattack. if it was possible to kill him he would have died already

Offline OnyxObsidian

• J-Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #8422 on: May 23, 2014, 11:09:25 PM »
Tatsuya said that Heavy Metal Burst could kill him. If the beam carbonised only half his body, he'd be fine, but if it carbonises his entire body in an instant, that's bye bye Tatsuya.

Offline Gohanish

• J-Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #8421 on: May 23, 2014, 10:42:37 PM »
wait tats take 0.2 seconds to use regroeth on others . his autorestoration speed cant be compared to that . its much faster than the eye or senses can know . i know you are trying to make him weak but dont intrrfere with his perfect autorestore it wont let him die . and he said for him everything is information not energy ok .

Offline OnyxObsidian

• J-Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #8420 on: May 23, 2014, 10:21:59 PM »
I didn't explain it well. In vol 13 it sounded like (then again, I read google translate so its accuracy is pretty low) he said that he couldn't use any magic at the same time as Regrowth because it used up his MCA
But what I was referring to in my previous post was the fact that in vol 8 Tatsuya explained that his power is "direct interference into structural information" and "matter to energy conversion" and therefore in a sense to me Decomposition and Regrowth are pretty much the same thing, even though one is destructive and one is kinda miraculous. He does say that to him all matter is merely energy. Therefore I was suggesting that at full power he might be able to use Regrowth and Decomposition at the same time as it registers to him as the same thing, if this all makes sense.
He could have meant that he couldn't use his fake MCA magic at the same time? If this is true and he really can't use any magic including decomposition at the same time as regrowth then that is a glaring weakness and people could just attack him in the 0.2 seconds it takes him to use Regrowth on someone (someone like Lina for example could do this, since HMB could kill him and her speed is 0.05 seconds, matching his Decomposition speed) , which would theoretically have a higher chance of killing him.
Which to me makes it sound like the author just painted a big red "kill me weakness" on him.

Offline Hakazee

• J-Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #8419 on: May 23, 2014, 09:11:47 PM »
Makes sense, since he does say that they are the same thing in essence.
Rereading Vol 8, I wonder if there is any connection between the Akashic Record and the Information Dimension since both allow the connected person to see the past/ future. Just a thought.

So, Tatsuya can use Decomposition and Restoration at the same time ?

Offline OnyxObsidian

• J-Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #8418 on: May 23, 2014, 08:50:10 PM »
Makes sense, since he does say that they are the same thing in essence.
Rereading Vol 8, I wonder if there is any connection between the Akashic Record and the Information Dimension since both allow the connected person to see the past/ future. Just a thought.

Offline Hakazee

• J-Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #8417 on: May 23, 2014, 08:13:36 PM »
I was thinking, in vol13 it was said that Tatsuya can't use both Restoration and Decomposition at the same time, maybe one of the things that becomes possible in his unsealed state is the ability to use both simultaneously

I just realize that maybe this is plot hole.
In volume 08, Tatsuya can use regrowth and decomposition at the same time.

Offline Gohanish

• J-Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #8416 on: May 23, 2014, 06:42:34 PM »
any news guys . i am bored .

Offline Monstratboy

• J-Addict
  • MKR's Shiba T.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8415 on: May 23, 2014, 04:41:19 AM »
What do you mean by "Could it be, thatMist Dispersal is what?"
I was quoting from the previous post, I was basically saying Mist Dispersion is definitely lethal.

Dude Mist Dispersal is a very lethal attack cause mist dispersal is a type of decomposition magic, that decomposes molecules in part by part and then vaporized after being burned by the flames that was cause by the attacked. Then the one you that he uses to nullify cast jamming was Gram Dispersion that was also a type of decomposition magic  and the trident... actually the trident uses three magic sequences that was all composed of decomposition magic, it wasn't really differ from the normal one he uses, the only purpose of three consecutive decomposition magic was to make sure that the target was decomposed, so magic magic barrier and so on... will be decomposed, until it the last sequence hits the human or the certain target.
Hmm, I think you should have read the quotes I was replying to, since you're near enough just repeating exactly what I posted and agreeing with most things I said.

My comment there on Mist Dispersion being non-lethal was specifically relating to the pinhole Mist Dispesion linear AOE  attacks against human joints that Tatsuya uses. Originally I was replying to the mention of what happened at the end of v2, and you've pretty much said the same thing I did there. Someone mentioned the way cast jamming was nullified in v2 was similar to way Lina's defenses were in v13 and that Tatsuya's Decomposition bored through them, and I disagreed.

The other trident discussion was about the possibilities of how impressive Mist Dispersion and Trident will be in future anime scenes. I was pointing out it should be suitably impressive in the 9SC arc, but since Tatsuya seems to be able to reduce the flashiness from the v7 Mist Dispersion Descriptions, where the novel labels it as quiet and mundane with no accompanying sound or light, it will be interesting to see what the anime director does with it.

Offline OnyxObsidian

• J-Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #8414 on: May 22, 2014, 11:56:01 PM »
You're confusing Inferno with Niflheim- Niflheim is just freezing, while Inferno is the heat/cold one

Offline Chutliark

• J-Starter
  • Renommée: -1
  • It only takes a little hug.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8413 on: May 22, 2014, 11:36:29 PM »
Could be? Mist Dispersal is definitely lethal since its normally used to vapourise man and machine whole.  But he only uses the linear aoe version for non-lethal purposes.

What do you mean by "Could it be, thatMist Dispersal is what?"

There was no mention of compressing the decomposition.  Mist Dispersion is simply a non-lethal magic attack using linear AOE decomposition magic to target only a person joints.  But the novel states Tatsuya first uses decomposition counter magic to nullify the cast jamming, then he can use Mist Dispersion.  The anime skipped the novel explanation about this part.  The novel explanations for what happened with Lina and the volume 2 final battle and cast jamming  were very different.

'Trident'(at least the first 2 spells of it) would unlikely be noticeably awesome, since the only normal visible result of the spell is following the final decomposition spell Mist Dispersal which vaporizes the body.  Full body Mist Dispersion is what I believe you mean.

Dude Mist Dispersal is a very lethal attack cause mist dispersal is a type of decomposition magic, that decomposes molecules in part by part and then vaporized after being burned by the flames that was cause by the attacked. Then the one you that he uses to nullify cast jamming was Gram Dispersion that was also a type of decomposition magic  and the trident... actually the trident uses three magic sequences that was all composed of decomposition magic, it wasn't really differ from the normal one he uses, the only purpose of three consecutive decomposition magic was to make sure that the target was decomposed, so magic magic barrier and so on... will be decomposed, until it the last sequence hits the human or the certain target.

(Note: this was all based on the LN, and not the anime because the magical concept of the anime was far differ from the LN, just like the Nilfheim that Miyuki used, in the LN Nilfheim have two effects to freeze the other side and to burn the other side.)

Offline Monstratboy

• J-Addict
  • MKR's Shiba T.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8412 on: May 22, 2014, 02:00:45 PM »
Could be? Mist Dispersal is definitely lethal since its normally used to vapourise man and machine whole.  But he only uses the linear aoe version for non-lethal purposes.

Offline OnyxObsidian

• J-Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #8411 on: May 22, 2014, 11:11:43 AM »
Mist Dispersal could be pretty lethal if he aimed it in certain places- hole through the arteries would make people bleed out, hole through the head, hole through the heart. It's kinda like a bullet.

Offline Monstratboy

• J-Addict
  • MKR's Shiba T.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8410 on: May 22, 2014, 02:30:57 AM »
From what I recollect, that was pretty close to what I remember reading. He had to compress the decomposition to a dense beam. By doing that, the antinite won't affect his magic since it's so dense as it travels through the Antinite noise interference it produces. He does the same thing to Lina when he shoots her in the arms and legs to knock her out.
There was no mention of compressing the decomposition.  Mist Dispersion is simply a non-lethal magic attack using linear AOE decomposition magic to target only a person joints.  But the novel states Tatsuya first uses decomposition counter magic to nullify the cast jamming, then he can use Mist Dispersion.  The anime skipped the novel explanation about this part.  The novel explanations for what happened with Lina and the volume 2 final battle and cast jamming  were very different.

well... Trident had better be awesome, that's all I'm saying...
'Trident'(at least the first 2 spells of it) would unlikely be noticeably awesome, since the only normal visible result of the spell is following the final decomposition spell Mist Dispersal which vaporizes the body.  Full body Mist Dispersion is what I believe you mean.

But then the novel explains the visible results from Tatsuya's magic only occurs because of reactions caused by the remnants following Mist Dispersion reacting with the atmosphere.  In v7 the novel explains Tatsuya increased the strength of the decomposition to the point where there was nothing left to react with the atmosphere.  The visual effects of his full body Mist Dispersal magic in v7 is pretty much only people fading away. It should still be flasy in the 9SC arc, but if we do get the Yokohama arc it will be interesting to see if the director still makes it flashy when it isn't supposed to be.

Offline OnyxObsidian

• J-Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #8409 on: May 21, 2014, 09:32:59 PM »
The only density mention of Decomposition that I remember is in Volume 11

Normal Mist Dispersal looks like this:
From Volume 2:
So Mist Dispersal looks like needle like projections.

Offline Gohanish

• J-Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #8408 on: May 21, 2014, 08:06:35 PM »
From what I recollect, that was pretty close to what I remember reading. He had to compress the decomposition to a dense beam. By doing that, the antinite won't affect his magic since it's so dense as it travels through the Antinite noise interference it produces. He does the same thing to Lina when he shoots her in the arms and legs to knock her out.

umm you are mixing things here . that was the explanation of gram demolition which is like a cannon ball of psions .the rest is right

Offline Hakazee

• J-Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #8407 on: May 21, 2014, 12:36:01 PM »
In mahouka, we try to weaken the protagonist as we progress, this is the new battle shounen.

The author need to write that so the battle will be more interesting.
He's invincible if he can do both at the same time.