Funds $1 | Needed $120
Like the community? Enjoy reading manga?
Then click on the small donation banner! Thx!

2%

Author Topic: Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei vol.01-13+  (Read 757283 times)

cirogatsu, hearx, Jirachier and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline OnyxObsidian

• J-Hero
  • Renommée: 20
    • View Profile
Re: Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei vol.01-13+
« Reply #8029 on: April 28, 2014, 07:35:46 PM »
google translate on this book is terrible. You can get the general gist of what is happening, but not the particulars.

Replied: April 28, 2014, 03:14:30 AM
From google translate:
Sorry, please read the forum rules to see why you can't view spoilers and why you can't post in this forum section. Thank you!
Please keep in mind that this is from google translate so the translation is very difficult to understand

Replied: April 28, 2014, 09:44:43 PM
More google translate:
Sorry, please read the forum rules to see why you can't view spoilers and why you can't post in this forum section. Thank you!

Offline dvc1

• J-Regular
  • Renommée: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #8028 on: April 28, 2014, 06:04:35 PM »

Replied: April 28, 2014, 12:30:29 AM
you know i feel sorry for the people who have to translate this stuff by hand it took me almost 2 hours to do it with google translator. cant imagine what its like to do it by hand

how was your translation? did you like google's quality?

Offline eagle0108

• J-Recruit
  • Renommée: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #8027 on: April 28, 2014, 03:33:09 PM »
see i want the part with mayumi because the last time we saw her was when they did a massive cliff hanger in volume 13 and chapter 10, i just cant wait any longer  I NEED IT :nonono:. I NEED TO KNOW WHAT HAPPENS

(also is that link below the thing i asked cant tell)

T.T i failed to find the part with mayumi in a swim suit (not looking for picture) man google translator sucks  :p!ssed:

Replied: April 28, 2014, 05:30:29 PM
you know i feel sorry for the people who have to translate this stuff by hand it took me almost 2 hours to do it with google translator. cant imagine what its like to do it by hand

Offline dvc1

• J-Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #8026 on: April 28, 2014, 02:34:47 PM »
Also:

miyuki can do whhat!? seriously i like this seal less and less by the min! it is so crappy that she can do that! it is abuse of power! makes me think if she is sealing things we don t know yet...

btw what is the conection between zhou and the parasites? i don t get why he appears in the end of the ln or why kudou doesn t involve himself with these parasite business when tats takes action...
As tats is using all his powers do we see the AoE decomp or any new non sistematic magic (yeah i kind of hope that all that business with tomitsuka psion field expanding might be related to some weird non sistematic magic tats is using and not only dumping non sistematic oscilations on it)

and if the prog worked well i put the ln in a txt, though i tried to machine translate a part and it is kind of not good lol

Offline AprilS

• J-Starter
  • Renommée: 19
    • View Profile
« Reply #8025 on: April 28, 2014, 01:26:47 PM »
Also:

Offline eagle0108

• J-Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #8024 on: April 28, 2014, 12:43:42 PM »
sooooooooooooooo can someone post the chapter that has mayumi in a bathing suit so i can google translate that  :wakuwaku:

Offline Monstratboy

• J-Addict
  • Renommée: 27
  • MKR's Shiba T.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8023 on: April 28, 2014, 08:54:25 AM »
Or maybe we're over thinking this and he's just talking about the fact that a direct line descendant was shamefully born as a magic-less freak with an over-specialized MCA, the result of the 4th lab's research, and it would have been better to hide such a disgraceful principle heir.

what was mitsugi reaction he saw tatsuya use regrowth magic ?
Nothing much but looking at his arm and then answering Tatsuya's questions about the attack.

Offline SeRaFcz

• J-Starter
  • Renommée: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #8022 on: April 28, 2014, 08:42:10 AM »
I think that Tats may have killed his mother. And that was too much even for Yotsuba.

Offline tonyorobsky

• Expert of the 9 ancestral arts
  • J-Addict
  • Renommée: 41
    • View Profile
« Reply #8021 on: April 28, 2014, 08:01:53 AM »
Maybe they believe his Elemental Sight, Regrowth, Mist Dispersal and Material Burst are the result of the operation for the "artificial magic calculation area" or whatever it is called. Maybe they don't know his destructive magic is natural, they focused too much on the "artificial magician operation" part...

Offline OnyxObsidian

• J-Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #8020 on: April 28, 2014, 06:19:23 AM »
I reckon that they did more than one experiment on them. Maybe Miya did something else along with the Artificial Magician Project to him. Or maybe he was Augmented before birth. still, even worse, maybe they spliced his mind and merged it together with the mind of something similar to a Parasite in the hopes of figuring out what the mind was.
Okay, I have no clue what the Yotsuba could have done that was so bad that they deign to call him "that thing" and "it"  and "that monster". It must have been pretty bad, though, and I don't think Miyuki knows about it. from what it sounds like, the Kuroba know more about him than Miyuki does.

Offline Dizzle

• J-Recruit
  • Renommée: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #8019 on: April 28, 2014, 04:45:41 AM »
Its possible that they tried to turn Tatsuya into an emotionless soulless human killing machine (succeeded).  Historically, human experimentation was used to develop more powerful magic and magicians.  In Tatsuya's case, they simply tried to completely weaponize a human.

Offline JUGGERN@UT

• J-Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #8018 on: April 28, 2014, 04:24:30 AM »
what was mitsugi reaction he saw tatsuya use regrowth magic ?

Offline dvc1

• J-Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #8017 on: April 28, 2014, 04:08:26 AM »
Okay, so I was skimming volume 13 and a couple of the last pages caught my attention. It's when Mitsugu and his team are tracking Zhou down at the very end. Here's a rough translation. Opinions anyone? (also this volume was very Tatsuya + Miyuki relationship heavy, interpreted whatever way you want, romantically or otherwise)

Also, boyprangko, where did you get chapter 8? >__< I only have the jpeg image files and can't run it through a kanji reading software, hence why I found reading it tedious and only skimmed it so far...

I find it astonishing that the yotsubas have shame of something....
But i fail to understand why he is called a thing... What could the yotsuba have done that makes him something not human for them? We have seen every kind of experiments made on magicians and none of these magicians is as ostracized as tats by a clan that seems to have the lowest moral values... I seriously have no idea of what terrible thing the yotsubas could have made (even for their standards)

Ps. he probably used a software that converted the jpegs into text

Offline Monstratboy

• J-Addict
  • MKR's Shiba T.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8016 on: April 28, 2014, 03:35:01 AM »
Lol. Crazy love struck Miyuki in full force.  Thanks for the V13c6 preview Seitsuki.

Offline AprilS

• J-Starter
  • Renommée: 19
    • View Profile
« Reply #8015 on: April 28, 2014, 03:20:22 AM »
Okay, so I was skimming volume 13 and a couple of the last pages caught my attention. It's when Mitsugu and his team are tracking Zhou down at the very end. Here's a rough translation. Opinions anyone? (also this volume was very Tatsuya + Miyuki relationship heavy, interpreted whatever way you want, romantically or otherwise)

Also, boyprangko, where did you get chapter 8? >__< I only have the jpeg image files and can't run it through a kanji reading software, hence why I found reading it tedious and only skimmed it so far...

Offline dvc1

• J-Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #8014 on: April 28, 2014, 02:44:19 AM »
I never thought that so many ppl in these foruns could actually read the novels in japanese... Seriously how can ocidental ppl even memorize and identify japanese letters? I can t even imagine the dificulty of knowing what writen japanese words mean....

More interesting things. With the cads that you can mentally choose wich activation sequence to use, will weapon based cads like guns or swords disappear? I mean they kind of lost their utility... For example the guns, you just have to point with your hand (or finger) and think of the sequence you want and shoot, it is as efective as the gun cads they use without the needed time to draw (goodbye morisaki special technique lol).
The only prob i see is if you need to press a button(or trigger) to activate the magic, but i think it wouldn t be productive to have to manually activate magic with these mental cads.

Offline Mattdamon

• J-Regular
  • Renommée: 23
    • View Profile
« Reply #8013 on: April 27, 2014, 06:51:27 PM »
Got more spoil about vol 13
credited by Guest2

Offline Gohanish

• J-Addict
  • I may not be the best but i am not the worst eithe
    • View Profile
« Reply #8012 on: April 27, 2014, 05:54:54 PM »
Maybe he is holding his right arm and decides to take down zhou at any cost for the same reason- anger! (His right hand is the Demon right ...)
just don t have any idea why he would want zhou dead so badly... Maybe he had some realisation or bondig moment related to the parasites? Or zhou put miyuki's life in danger somehow....

maybe he realized that zhou is after maheshvaara and so would interfere with his daily life or he might have an idea about his indentity already

Offline dvc1

• J-Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #8011 on: April 27, 2014, 10:03:50 AM »
What I managed to get out of that through the help of google translate:

Oooh... getting serious. I wonder if the next volume will take place in Chinatown where Zhou is

Maybe he is holding his right arm and decides to take down zhou at any cost for the same reason- anger! (His right hand is the Demon right ...)
just don t have any idea why he would want zhou dead so badly... Maybe he had some realisation or bondig moment related to the parasites? Or zhou put miyuki's life in danger somehow....

Offline Gohanish

• J-Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #8010 on: April 27, 2014, 07:13:14 AM »
hoo that is expected after all he is used as a recovery tool at the flt . but its unlikely that his decomposition magic is know

Offline boyprangko

• J-Starter
  • Renommée: 25
    • View Profile
« Reply #8009 on: April 27, 2014, 06:09:34 AM »

Oooh... getting serious. I wonder if the next volume will take place in Chinatown where Zhou is

Offline OnyxObsidian

• J-Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #8008 on: April 27, 2014, 05:38:47 AM »

Offline boyprangko

• J-Starter
  • Renommée: 25
    • View Profile
« Reply #8007 on: April 27, 2014, 05:07:36 AM »
I couldn't wait for the spoilers, so I skipped to the last chapter.  For those interested, here's Chapter 8, in Japanese.  I'm pretty sure some people wouldn't mind using google translate on it.

Offline expertus

• J-Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #8006 on: April 27, 2014, 04:06:36 AM »
tats loses the race to launch the new cad... it doesn t seem good
does tats use his decomp and regrowth magic in front of the kurobas, with them knowing that it is him that his casting that magic, or do they only know that a masked magician is interfering and that saved their father arm?

he, or rather Taurus Silver, did just release the flight magic and that thing counts more than what the thought-processing CADs... Flight in modern magic was deemed impossible after all until Tats finish it... He just needs a little bit of time until he release a new turning point to the history of MKnR magic...

Thanks for the spoiler Monstratboy... Now, I wonder what would Tats and the Yotsuba's reaction against Zhou and the Kudou in the next volume...

Offline dvc1

• J-Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #8005 on: April 26, 2014, 07:57:27 PM »
tats loses the race to launch the new cad... it doesn t seem good
does tats use his decomp and regrowth magic in front of the kurobas, with them knowing that it is him that his casting that magic, or do they only know that a masked magician is interfering and that saved their father arm?

Offline cryberry

• J-Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8004 on: April 26, 2014, 07:32:42 PM »
oooooh... this is making me so excited to read it.  :XD:

I'd be happy to read gt if a kind person would post one up since my Japanese is at the level of a pre-schooler.

I really appreciate the spoilers since it staves off the hunger somehow... (or maybe it fuels it more?)

I'm following the anime and I really like seeing the characters moving, although I don't like cutting scenes from the book (but I know I can't demand).

Offline Monstratboy

• J-Addict
  • MKR's Shiba T.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8003 on: April 26, 2014, 07:15:14 PM »
Wow, that was pretty fast paced, especially considering all the conspiracy hidden behind conspiracy hidden behind even more conspiracy.  And people in novel really do consider Tatsuya a dangerous individual who has a habit of going on rampages or getting into trouble.  Thankfully he's not as bad as Trevor from GTAV

Offline DarkDooM

• Godfather of jCafe
  • J-Titan
  • Renommée: 2398
    • View Profile
« Reply #8002 on: April 26, 2014, 05:43:41 AM »
Volume 13: torrent

Offline f36n11s27

• J-Member
  • Renommée: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #8001 on: April 26, 2014, 05:09:50 AM »
Thanks Miguelostos :yay:

Offline ulrique

• J-Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8000 on: April 26, 2014, 02:14:56 AM »
Thank you very much.

Offline kiritoxasuna

• Novel Fanatic!
  • J-Addict
  • Renommée: 10
  • must read a volume of light novel a day
    • View Profile
« Reply #7999 on: April 25, 2014, 10:39:39 PM »
yes the volume is now for download. i must read this. i've been waiting for this for so long. :XD: :XD: :XD:

Offline dvc1

• J-Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #7998 on: April 25, 2014, 09:54:28 PM »
wow the vol is up for download
Does this mean that there is going to start raining spoilers?

Offline Miguelostos

• J-Titan
  • Renommée: 2106
    • View Profile
Re: Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei vol.01-12+
« Reply #7997 on: April 25, 2014, 09:30:05 PM »

Volume 13
Edit:Uploaded to mediafire.

Online Jirachier

• J-Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #7996 on: April 25, 2014, 12:12:22 AM »

Offline OnyxObsidian

• J-Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #7995 on: April 24, 2014, 11:47:47 PM »
From Flere821:
Quote (selected)

Offline francemaid

• J-Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #7994 on: April 24, 2014, 11:17:07 PM »
 :kawaii:  :banzai: Thanks

Offline Gohanish

• J-Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #7993 on: April 24, 2014, 08:09:22 PM »
If it's not happening during the Steeplechase event, the parasite dolls shouldn't be fielded yet, right?

Vol.13's afterword says: The story this time is not about the 9 Schools Competition, but surrounds the Parasi-Doll conspiracy, and since the focal point is the Steeplechase Cross-Country as the stage, most of the activity of the participants in the other competitions have been left out.

So for me, that means it's happening during the event. As for

umm what do you mean isnt everyone saying that he is running this errand durin the steeplechase or was it just me

Offline Vampirecat

• J-Regular
  • Renommée: 28
    • View Profile
« Reply #7992 on: April 24, 2014, 06:25:28 PM »
About that...

If it's not happening during the Steeplechase event, the parasite dolls shouldn't be fielded yet, right?

Hum...
why do you say that he will be on the terrain of  steeplechase? Doesn t he leave the 9sc to go somewhere

Vol.13's afterword says: The story this time is not about the 9 Schools Competition, but surrounds the Parasi-Doll conspiracy, and since the focal point is the Steeplechase Cross-Country as the stage, most of the activity of the participants in the other competitions have been left out.

So for me, that means it's happening during the event. As for

Offline Gohanish

• J-Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #7991 on: April 24, 2014, 08:47:10 AM »
umm he is wearing the suit so it could be considered fanservice for people .

Offline dvc1

• J-Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #7990 on: April 24, 2014, 08:33:07 AM »
But the text in the picture
Since the most of the action supposedly takes place during the Steeplechase Crosscountry event (at least according to the afterword), I wonder how Tatsuya will get through this without drawing the attention of 9 Schools Competition monitors. The event would be broadcast to viewers and displayed to the live audience, right?

Hum...
why do you say that he will be on the terrain of  steeplechase? Doesn t he leave the 9sc to go somewhere

Offline Anon-501

• J-Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #7989 on: April 24, 2014, 05:11:51 AM »
Since the most of the action supposedly takes place during the Steeplechase Crosscountry event (at least according to the afterword), I wonder how Tatsuya will get through this without drawing the attention of 9 Schools Competition monitors. The event would be broadcast to viewers and displayed to the live audience, right?

About that...

Offline Vampirecat

• J-Regular
  • Renommée: 28
    • View Profile
« Reply #7988 on: April 24, 2014, 01:03:02 AM »
Actually i want spoilers for the same part as you. It is the part of the vol that we know nothing about!

Offline dvc1

• J-Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #7987 on: April 23, 2014, 07:14:45 PM »
By maya you mean miya and about her relation with tatsurou from what i remember from the earlier vols. miyuki only starting hating him after he married just after their other died or maybe there was a mistress involved? Anyway in the begining of the marriage at least they must have had a helthy relathionship for no one saying anything so far about it, so i don t think there is a reason for miya to refuse him...
no spoilers even from the people who have their own LN, so no links that will help us with this boredom... :sigh:

btw, this thread is not dead... it's just barely living...

Anyways, from the spoilers what is your most awaited part of Vol. 13? Mine is

Actually i want spoilers for the same part as you. It is the part of the vol that we know nothing about!

Offline Gohanish

• J-Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #7986 on: April 23, 2014, 06:16:08 PM »
meteor stream doesnt decompose objects . it results in . its simply using light to form lasers which can pierce anything . its simply rhe work of that special activation sequence just like broniac though the results they obtain are slightly different. tatsuya is mutation . dont lump him with them. well sashiko has taken chapter 1 we can only wait

Replied: April 23, 2014, 06:25:05 PM
You know, what i would really like to see is a link to spoilers
Regarding the topic, he meant that all those magic can target living organisms directly (not meteor stream) but he forgot that mental interference is a yotsuba speciality and it obviously has always targeted living organisms, meteor stream targets light and decomposition information structures. So it was kind of a bad example. Btw the relative on the quote is refering to one of the kurobas (almost 100%sure) though i don t remember the scene exactly.
This forum is too deaaaddd

there are holes in that statement.  direct interference might refer to body or astral form or both . similar to suzune's ability. by the way decomposition can target everything except astral bodies . well miyuki in one way has the ultimate lunar attack

well there was something i wanted peoples views for . well tatsurou snd maya did they really do it or it was simply just like how the kudous did it . also was it both the times . if so i guess he was darn unlucky in many ways

Offline expertus

• J-Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #7985 on: April 23, 2014, 05:58:19 PM »
Regarding the topic, he meant that all those magic can target living organisms directly (not meteor stream) but he forgot that mental interference is a yotsuba speciality and it obviously has always targeted living organisms, meteor stream targets light and decomposition information structures. So it was kind of a bad example. Btw the relative on the quote is refering to one of the kurobas (almost 100%sure) though i don t remember the scene exactly.

no spoilers even from the people who have their own LN, so no links that will help us with this boredom... :sigh:

btw, this thread is not dead... it's just barely living...

Anyways, from the spoilers what is your most awaited part of Vol. 13? Mine is

Offline dvc1

• J-Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #7984 on: April 23, 2014, 02:51:51 PM »
Mental Structure Interference -> Juste like his name
Meteor Stream -> is decomposing through ray of light
Decomposition -> is decomposing to atomic level
Rupture -> is evaporating body's fluids

I don't see any link between Rupture and the others.

Offline ulrique

• J-Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7983 on: April 23, 2014, 04:34:10 AM »
I also wonder whether Miya and Maya's mother was an Ichijou, from which Mental Structure Interference, Meteor Stream and Decomposition stemmed from. Food for thought.
Mental Structure Interference -> Juste like his name
Meteor Stream -> is decomposing through ray of light
Decomposition -> is decomposing to atomic level
Rupture -> is evaporating body's fluids

I don't see any link between Rupture and the others.

Offline Gohanish

• J-Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #7982 on: April 23, 2014, 03:39:04 AM »
After reading about the 1st Institute's research focus being the direct interference into living organisms, it really made me wonder if Tatsuya would curbstomp Rupture just like Meteor Stream. I also wonder whether Miya and Maya's mother was an Ichijou, from which Mental Structure Interference, Meteor Stream and Decomposition stemmed from. Food for thought.

I want more info on Maya's mum now.

Also, in Volume 12 it stated that
Hmm... does this mean that Fujibayashi and him are related???

Replied: April 22, 2014, 10:18:01 PM
The Remembrance Arc chapter 1 manga is out, translated

huh where the heck did you bring that relation from are you confused about their natures or something. mental interference and meteor stream are purely magics born from the two main abilities of yotsuba . i dont get your train of thoughts just how did you come to that relation no seriously

Offline OnyxObsidian

• J-Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #7981 on: April 22, 2014, 09:04:15 PM »
After reading about the 1st Institute's research focus being the direct interference into living organisms, it really made me wonder if Tatsuya would curbstomp Rupture just like Meteor Stream. I also wonder whether Miya and Maya's mother was an Ichijou, from which Mental Structure Interference, Meteor Stream and Decomposition stemmed from. Food for thought.

I want more info on Maya's mum now.

Also, in Volume 12 it stated that
Hmm... does this mean that Fujibayashi and him are related???

Replied: April 22, 2014, 10:18:01 PM
The Remembrance Arc chapter 1 manga is out, translated

Offline expertus

• J-Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #7980 on: April 22, 2014, 12:39:10 PM »
No one posted the raw of volume 13?

I guess so...
If I remember it correctly, it took a few weeks or even a month before the raw of Vol. 12 was posted... I do know someone in this thread might give us the links like the last time, can't remember his/her name though, sorry...