Funds $0 | Needed $120
Like the community? Enjoy reading manga?
Then click on the small donation banner! Thx!

0%

Author Topic: >.<  (Read 181857 times)

Offline MintiNF

• J-Werewolf j-Batman
  • Global Moderator
  • God of Water
  • Renommée: 82
  • its hard work being lazy
    • View Profile
Re: >.<
« Reply #4326 on: January 27, 2017, 03:46:29 PM »
I'll see if i can get some games in this weekend.

Offline Jump3R

• Shiroyasha|燃えてきたぜ!!|FanBoy/FB|OVER NINE THOUSA~ND posts!|Totally Off The Wall And Crazy (Totwac)|Dragon of the 9 Threads of Spam|Itsumo|Gyarakushia|Jyan|Wiseass| Shogun Obvious|Sweater|Sir Douchebag
  • Global Moderator
  • Galaxia
  • Renommée: 153
  • 真実はいつもひとつ!
    • View Profile
    • FictionPress Acc
« Reply #4325 on: January 27, 2017, 01:38:50 PM »
My cousin plays LoL with his current girlfriend, actually... so I can't say I disagree. It's all a matter of attitude towards it...

Offline Bax

• Champion of The Annihilators - Slayer Of Humanity -Dark Duke -NightSoul
  • Global Moderator
  • Gold Dragon
  • Renommée: 20
  • Let The Madness Begin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4324 on: January 27, 2017, 12:27:05 PM »
Ive actually found a friend that i play lol with once a week or so ... So i dont have much of a reason to hate on the game right now .... Playing with friends really gives everything a whole different feel and purpose

Offline Jump3R

• Shiroyasha|燃えてきたぜ!!|FanBoy/FB|OVER NINE THOUSA~ND posts!|Totally Off The Wall And Crazy (Totwac)|Dragon of the 9 Threads of Spam|Itsumo|Gyarakushia|Jyan|Wiseass| Shogun Obvious|Sweater|Sir Douchebag
  • Global Moderator
  • Galaxia
  • 真実はいつもひとつ!
    • View Profile
    • FictionPress Acc
« Reply #4323 on: January 27, 2017, 03:29:50 AM »
But still, I'm up for some Overwatch, Minti, ready at all times xd

Offline MintiNF

• J-Werewolf j-Batman
  • Global Moderator
  • God of Water
    • View Profile
« Reply #4322 on: January 26, 2017, 07:15:19 PM »
:maikka:

Offline Jump3R

• Global Moderator
  • Galaxia
  • 真実はいつもひとつ!
    • View Profile
    • FictionPress Acc
« Reply #4321 on: January 26, 2017, 11:10:35 AM »
It is if you're me. Who doesn't even play games anymore for years now.

Offline unera_02

• Overthinker | Yuri Lover
  • J-Titan
  • Renommée: 40
  • im not psycho. i swear.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4320 on: January 26, 2017, 10:37:57 AM »
It's fun to watch, both pro players and lame noobs alike. At least for a while, couple matches from couple perspectives... then it gets dull, like LoL or CS...

LoL is not dull

Offline Jump3R

• Global Moderator
  • Galaxia
  • 真実はいつもひとつ!
    • View Profile
    • FictionPress Acc
« Reply #4319 on: January 25, 2017, 04:58:55 PM »
Well, as long as it's not A) when I sleep or B) when I'm in the middle of watching something else, then I'll watch some xd

Offline MintiNF

• J-Werewolf j-Batman
  • Global Moderator
  • God of Water
    • View Profile
« Reply #4318 on: January 25, 2017, 03:48:45 PM »
I'll stream some

Offline Jump3R

• Global Moderator
  • Galaxia
  • 真実はいつもひとつ!
    • View Profile
    • FictionPress Acc
« Reply #4317 on: January 25, 2017, 10:44:48 AM »
It's fun to watch, both pro players and lame noobs alike. At least for a while, couple matches from couple perspectives... then it gets dull, like LoL or CS...

Offline obbieuth

• _̴ı̴̴̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡*̡̡ ̴̡ı̴̴̡ ̡̡͡|̲̲̲͡͡͡ ̲▫̲͡ ̲̲̲͡͡π̲̲͡͡ ̲̲͡▫̲̲͡͡ ̲|̡̡̡ ̡ ̴̡ı̴̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡
  • God of Earth
  • Renommée: 155
    • View Profile
« Reply #4316 on: January 25, 2017, 10:42:19 AM »
Never got the itch for it myself.

Offline Jump3R

• Global Moderator
  • Galaxia
  • 真実はいつもひとつ!
    • View Profile
    • FictionPress Acc
« Reply #4315 on: January 25, 2017, 04:05:40 AM »
I've watched quite a bit of Overwatch matches, but it has been months sine last time... maybe I'll go watch some again...

Offline MintiNF

• J-Werewolf j-Batman
  • Global Moderator
  • God of Water
    • View Profile
« Reply #4314 on: January 25, 2017, 03:52:08 AM »
! No longer available

Offline Jump3R

• Global Moderator
  • Galaxia
  • 真実はいつもひとつ!
    • View Profile
    • FictionPress Acc
« Reply #4313 on: January 25, 2017, 03:45:19 AM »
Hehe, I like his vocie xd
Nice quote. Aaaaaand bookmarked xd

Offline MintiNF

• J-Werewolf j-Batman
  • Global Moderator
  • God of Water
    • View Profile

Offline Jump3R

• Global Moderator
  • Galaxia
  • 真実はいつもひとつ!
    • View Profile
    • FictionPress Acc
« Reply #4311 on: January 25, 2017, 03:33:28 AM »
So, I am reminding you, Minti!
 :shout:

Offline obbieuth

• _̴ı̴̴̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡*̡̡ ̴̡ı̴̴̡ ̡̡͡|̲̲̲͡͡͡ ̲▫̲͡ ̲̲̲͡͡π̲̲͡͡ ̲̲͡▫̲̲͡͡ ̲|̡̡̡ ̡ ̴̡ı̴̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡
  • God of Earth
    • View Profile
« Reply #4310 on: January 24, 2017, 07:35:18 PM »
Lol

Hang in there minti

Offline MintiNF

• J-Werewolf j-Batman
  • Global Moderator
  • God of Water
    • View Profile
« Reply #4309 on: January 24, 2017, 04:22:46 PM »
uhh... remind me tonight

Offline Jump3R

• Global Moderator
  • Galaxia
  • 真実はいつもひとつ!
    • View Profile
    • FictionPress Acc
« Reply #4308 on: January 24, 2017, 04:04:52 AM »
Well... I presume you never went home then? Still at work and being a busy bee... otherwise I want to see that quote xd

Offline MintiNF

• J-Werewolf j-Batman
  • Global Moderator
  • God of Water
    • View Profile
« Reply #4307 on: January 23, 2017, 03:22:16 PM »
Preparation is key
I had a genji quote for this but it'll have to wait for after work.

Offline Jump3R

• Global Moderator
  • Galaxia
  • 真実はいつもひとつ!
    • View Profile
    • FictionPress Acc
« Reply #4306 on: January 23, 2017, 01:44:17 PM »
True, true... you got a point there.
But I wouldn't do it exactly like that, and for those same reasons.
Why? Because despite everything I do or say IRL - I. Am. Crazy.
So I wouldn't bring the sword into the plane, but I would immediately use any long stick-like object I would find within 2 seconds if I'd need to. I wouldn't go with it into the bank and stop the robbery, but I would use the skills honed WITH the blade to disarm someone if I'd want to. I wouldn't take it to work, not the one I have right now, but I don't know if in 5 or 15 years I won't get a job that will need the ability to efficiently use bladed weaponry, and as I always say - always be prepared, and better safe than sorry.
So, while your argument is valid for you in your case, and most probably in case of 99% of people that would read it, I am different. And not just opinion-wise different. I'm crazy different. If I was to chose alternate reality where I can manipulate my younger self into doing sh*t differently than I did them, I would make myself into a freaking merc. True story.

Offline obbieuth

• God of Earth
    • View Profile
« Reply #4305 on: January 21, 2017, 12:36:03 AM »
That being said, I think its mostly semantics. I don't want to give the impression I was offended or some shit because I wasn't. And as far as that stuff goes, geeks have to band together. So whatever you want to call it, wherever it originated I don't intend to be narrow minded or discriminate. If it comes from China, Japan, Europe, wherever. I intend to learn how to efficiently slaughter Men with a a sword. Including but not limited to: slicing, cutting, thrusting, beating them with the pommel, grabbing the blade and ramming it into them with extra force, grappling, punching. All of it.

Doesn't it just fascinate you?! Fascinates the fuck out of me. We all grew up with all these stories, books, shows, movies, games, toys. You name it, swords were fucking everywhere. But the actual knowledge for how to use one, is basically a dead art. Anyone who has had to use one to actually kill other human beings in an actual battle when it was the standard has long since perished and almost any memory of them and their skills has turned to dust. What little we have left is old books with funky pictures that were fucking written in rhyming verse. They think it was done that way because no one knew how to read and write, so it was a device to help memorize the stuff when it was read to or recited to illiterate warriors.

So we have this dusty old half knowledge and some badass historians and nerds have gotten together, read this shit, translated it, spent 20 years practicing it (as I understand it interest started to kindle in the 80's) and have put together some enticing tidbits of knowledge on the subject.

I know its never going to be useful. I wont be able to take the sword to work, get on a plane with it, or walk into a bank and prevent a robbery using it. I'm not crazy. But swords have impacted my life a lot through fantasy, and I'm ready to learn a thing or two about them. How they ACTUALLY work. I think it would be fun to learn just for the sake of learning.

Offline MintiNF

• J-Werewolf j-Batman
  • Global Moderator
  • God of Water
    • View Profile
« Reply #4304 on: January 20, 2017, 08:19:20 PM »
! No longer available

we'll have a fight like this

Offline obbieuth

• God of Earth
    • View Profile
« Reply #4303 on: January 20, 2017, 06:18:31 PM »
Every source, link and book I've found refers to the current revival and study of the longsword as historical european martial arts

Offline Jump3R

• Global Moderator
  • Galaxia
  • 真実はいつもひとつ!
    • View Profile
    • FictionPress Acc
« Reply #4302 on: January 20, 2017, 02:41:26 AM »
Are you sure you meant HEMA and not HES? I doubt your sword be fitting the description for classical fencing, Bartitsu or stick-fighting... which as far as I know are the only ones being directly referred to as martial arts. The rest are swordsmanship, hence S in HES instead of MA (martial arts), just a subsidiary of HEMA... But yeah, what do I know, I'm dumb and I know it xd
You want HEMA - practice HEMA. I however would probably practice swordsmanship instead if I had a sword xd

Offline obbieuth

• God of Earth
    • View Profile
« Reply #4301 on: January 20, 2017, 12:55:02 AM »
Yep. Sword Karate, or HEMA for short. Whenever my actual sword arrives this fall. Also, I'd like the zombie apocalypse to hold off until my sword arrives please.

Offline MintiNF

• J-Werewolf j-Batman
  • Global Moderator
  • God of Water
    • View Profile
« Reply #4300 on: January 17, 2017, 07:48:52 PM »
Back to karate

Offline obbieuth

• God of Earth
    • View Profile
« Reply #4299 on: January 17, 2017, 01:37:45 PM »
One of several personal improvement goals I have. Eating more veggies more consistently is another one. Waking up at a more consistent time whether I'm off or not. And the last one I'd call just personal meditation and growth. Letting go of the things that stress me out, relaxing, and sharpening my mind. That is a loose goal, to narrow it down the focus at the moment is time. In my job everything I do is graded, judged, critiqued, and timed. I have constant interruptions from clocks and phones. Hence, in my free time I tend to not like clocks or phones very much. Becoming more at home with looking at the time and not letting it make me angry. Reaching a kind of inner calm. That would more or less be my last goal.

Offline Jump3R

• Global Moderator
  • Galaxia
  • 真実はいつもひとつ!
    • View Profile
    • FictionPress Acc
« Reply #4298 on: January 17, 2017, 12:40:20 PM »
I don't know why or how, I've never really been taught how to do these things, but I always did that, Obbie... to me that was the normal and logical thing to do, and it worked. That's why my "saiyan training" increase method worked perfecty (until I broke the damn collarbone) and it will still work when I get to actual exercising...

Offline obbieuth

• God of Earth
    • View Profile
« Reply #4297 on: January 16, 2017, 03:22:08 PM »
I've been gradually increasing my exercise. I started out light, doing a bunch of activities to just get my muscles used to it again. And now I'm doing more isolated and intense exercises on a daily basis. I've found that its hard to do more than 7 or 8 exercises a day.

I've found that its helpful to train at the maximum I can handle, pushing myself fairly hard. But at the same time, to do the exercises very, very slowly. If you are using bad form, its very hard to do an exercise slowly. And if you are using good form, its easier to evaluate and you seem to get a harder workout from it.