Funds $5 | Needed $120
Like the community? Enjoy reading manga?
Then click on the small donation banner! Thx!

6%

Author Topic: JCafe 2.0 - Suggestions to Improve  (Read 42335 times)

Offline dragonspell

• I ♥ Winchester Boys!
  • jCafe Nobility
  • God of Water
  • Renommée: 513
  • And you know what? We kind of liked it.
    • View Profile
Re: JCafe 2.0 - Suggestions to Improve
« Reply #92 on: April 21, 2012, 01:15:06 AM »
Let me rephrase that.  It looks like this forum was made by one guy for his friends who he all made moderators.  As in there's a core club, from the start there was a core club, everything is for that core club and I'm not in that club.

Well, it...kind of did start like that.  ._.  So, you're not exactly wrong per se, to notice that.  However, most of our active members today (including me) were not part of that core club and joined at a later date.  They threw themselves in headfirst and were accepted right from the bat (your introduction topic, you have to admit, is extremely off-putting for some people).

Your user base seems very cohesive.  As in there's not much they don't disagree on.  That's a blessing and a curse.  A curse because all their responses to a thread are like, 'I agree.'  It becomes a yes-man thread and then, conversely, discarded.  Take me, I will argue anything, just to argue, regardless of personal stance, so that kind of situation is extremely boring to me.  Maybe that really is just me, but hopefully, you can see my point.

I see your point but I disagree a bit (right about some, off about others).  There are differences of opinion on jCafe, it's just giving people the opportunity to express those opinions, to make them feel like its worth their time to do so.  And to express those opinions respectfully because I've had enough bitter arguments on jCafe to last me a lifetime (religion is a hot button issue that usually makes me want to shut down a topic right from the get-go because of how closely people can tie a religion to their sense of identity).

I think that there's a lot that our user base disagrees on (for instance, I am firmly pro-choice and I know for a fact that there are some on jCafe that would automatically label me a "baby killer" for that).  I just don't think that we talk about it like we could (and therefore be viewable).  It's something for the debate forum or Headlines (hell, Opinion if that's what you'd like to term it (Headlines and Opinion?  I just tossed a topic into Headlines that I could have easily thrown into debate with some different framing)).

Replied: April 21, 2012, 01:15:56 AM
Though, the game one ( haven't seen the original) but are you referring to EA's plans to make it impossible for people to sell their games after playing it and such?
They've been doing a lot of other things as well.  But that's a discussion for there, not here.  Would what I just did be considered a plug?

Agreed.  I'd suggest to take any conversation about that topic there.

Offline Celestin

• J-Regular
  • Renommée: -7
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: April 21, 2012, 01:01:09 AM »
Ah.  That's more clear.  I wasn't too clear, either, though.  Word games is what remains of Off-topic.  You have different spam forum games (like the smilies thread where you only converse in smilies and so on and so forth).  There is no post count because it is 100% spam.  I think, if anything, it just needs a new name.
Given the types of word games you do have though ( word association ), I think it would be a good fit for a general creative writing board.  You can remove post count from sub-boards.

I'd suggest a relabel more than anything.  I think it still serves a purpose.  Something like Academia (I'm rather horrible with names) but something portrays that its for factual and interesting topics that wouldn't necessarily fit in with Headlines.
I would say change headlines to Opinions and editorials and Academia is fine.  For the scholarly intelligentsia.  I r smart.

The inmates still tend to run the asylum here, they've just managed to weasel themselves into positions of power and a set of keys.  XD  The individual mods are responsible for, as you say "seeding the forum" as opposed to the global mods which remove the spam (advertising and the like--jCafe gets a lot of it, believe me).  I would say that in the boards outside of Winny there seems like there's more mods than regular users but that's because we need to build our userbase back up and the people that are there now are the ones that have always been there and a few newcomers (in Winny, it's a completely different story).
Let me rephrase that.  It looks like this forum was made by one guy for his friends who he all made moderators.  As in there's a core club, from the start there was a core club, everything is for that core club and I'm not in that club.  But this does kinda lead to another point.  Your user base seems very cohesive.  As in there's not much they don't disagree on.  That's a blessing and a curse.  A curse because all their responses to a thread are like, 'I agree.'  It becomes a yes-man thread and then, conversely, discarded.  Take me, I will argue anything, just to argue, regardless of personal stance, so that kind of situation is extremely boring to me.  Maybe that really is just me, but hopefully, you can see my point.

Hmm I'm having contradictory feelings of this person but considering his first post he turns out to be rather nice gentleman. Most people call me Tron (or anything you can twist from my nick) it's been... if not pleasure then an interesting event.. to meet you  :hi:
Talk good, talk bad, as long as you talk me right?  I assure you most people do like me once they get to know me.  I'm certain we'll have some good dialog down the line.

Though, the game one ( haven't seen the original) but are you referring to EA's plans to make it impossible for people to sell their games after playing it and such?  :huh:
They've been doing a lot of other things as well.  But that's a discussion for there, not here.  Would what I just did be considered a plug?

Offline 3Rton

• The Suzaku
  • J-Titan
  • Renommée: 27
  • Mumyo Jinpuu Ryuu no Kensei
    • View Profile
« Reply #90 on: April 21, 2012, 12:37:50 AM »
Hmm I'm having contradictory feelings of this person but considering his first post he turns out to be rather nice gentleman. Most people call me Tron (or anything you can twist from my nick) it's been... if not pleasure then an interesting event.. to meet you  :hi:

Aaaa there is too much text to I won't really get into this discussion more than that. I've had enough of essays for awhile.  :XD:
Though, the game one ( haven't seen the original) but are you referring to EA's plans to make it impossible for people to sell their games after playing it and such?  :huh:

And yeah far as I know it's quite small group of people that actually dwell outside Winny  :wahaha: Personally, though, I have never been in winny..............  :XD: :XD:

Offline dragonspell

• I ♥ Winchester Boys!
  • jCafe Nobility
  • God of Water
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: April 21, 2012, 12:31:42 AM »
I meant that more as in make a new board with the focus on helping people learn to write well with those two as sub-boards.  So one is just to help build vocab or something, the other is for actual publications ( for feedback ) and reviews.  Wasn't clear, my bad.

Ah.  That's more clear.  I wasn't too clear, either, though.  Word games is what remains of Off-topic.  You have different spam forum games (like the smilies thread where you only converse in smilies and so on and so forth).  There is no post count because it is 100% spam.  I think, if anything, it just needs a new name.

I think this is just one of those build it, they will come type deals.  And I think almost all gamers can discuss MMORPGs.  They're a very interesting topic because they kinda represent the evolution of gaming.

It's an interesting idea.

Kk.  See, from my point, its extremely vaguely defined, and I'm sure to a lot of new people, the same applies.  If you really don't need it anymore, I would say toss it or just re-label it to 'Intellectual stuff' or something.

I'd suggest a relabel more than anything.  I think it still serves a purpose.  Something like Academia (I'm rather horrible with names) but something portrays that its for factual and interesting topics that wouldn't necessarily fit in with Headlines.

Yeah, I felt it very strange that you have so many mods in comparison to your user base.  To me, that screams impenetrable cliques.  Most forums I tend to like have very low moderation.  Like literally one admin because there has to be an admin and maybe one mod for when the admin isn't there.  They tend to assume the users are mature enough to know the limits and from there, let the users go bananas.  I come from those kinda forums, and that's part of the reason I can type the way I chose to type earlier.  We are just allowed to go at each other.  Sometimes people get butthurt, but usually, we understand that's the environment.  Its kinda like the banter you have here, but generally way, way more abrasive.  I guess you could say its like a man cave?  Kind of?

The inmates still tend to run the asylum here, they've just managed to weasel themselves into positions of power and a set of keys.  XD  The individual mods are responsible for, as you say "seeding the forum" as opposed to the global mods which remove the spam (advertising and the like--jCafe gets a lot of it, believe me).  I would say that in the boards outside of Winny there seems like there's more mods than regular users but that's because we need to build our userbase back up and the people that are there now are the ones that have always been there and a few newcomers (in Winny, it's a completely different story).

We have two main admins, one being Silverado and the other being the rarely seen (anymore) infyquest.  Up until this week, we really only had two global mods who regularly visited, as well (and two months ago, that was really cut down to just one).

What's your host?  I've used Dreamhost and have nothing but positive things to say about my experience.  About $10 / mo w/ first year promotion of like $7.

That's a question for Silv.  =)

In my defense, I asked the question in the topic: "How do you feel about the war on used games?"  The guy was supplementary material, and an argument in itself.

That leads me to ask "There's a war on used games?" and then never get much farther than that.

Offline Celestin

• J-Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: April 21, 2012, 12:00:59 AM »
They're not, though.  The same thing I mean.  Word games is pure spam.  Writing, if Nadeshiko gets it up and running (she just very recently became a moderator) is meant to be more of a forum for writing and not spam games.  It's a hope that it might even be a place to discuss books, fanfic, writing techniques, and other writing topics.
I meant that more as in make a new board with the focus on helping people learn to write well with those two as sub-boards.  So one is just to help build vocab or something, the other is for actual publications ( for feedback ) and reviews.  As a plus, you'll have removed one main page board, even if the boards really aren't gone.  Wasn't clear, my bad.

I don't know if we're big enough for an MMORPG childboard or if that could reside in the main game board at the moment.
I think this is just one of those build it, they will come type deals.  And I think almost all gamers can discuss MMORPGs.  They're a very interesting topic because they kinda represent the evolution of gaming.

Basically, Brain Academy was created to be a serious topics/educational/academic pursuits kind of board seeing as how jCafe have a huge college-age demographic.  It grew mainly out of the Lounge and while some could be merged back in, some couldn't be.  It's a tricky situation.
Kk.  See, from my point, its extremely vaguely defined, and I'm sure to a lot of new people, the same applies.  If you really don't need it anymore, I would say toss it or just re-label it to 'Intellectual stuff' or something.

Hahaha!  We used to have a yuri board!
To me, there's still some injustice there.  Hey, I like yuri stuff, kinda!  But hey, you have your reasons, and like your leader said, 'this isn't a democracy,' ( In my mind, I said that in a high-pitched nerd voice... don't know why, did you do the same? ) so that's that.

Most of the user contacts have already been done or are swapped over PM or between moderators (one of jCafe's biggest problems is having too few regulars so most of the regulars are mods).  It might be worth it, though, for the sake of building a new community, to look into this idea some more.

Another big problem that jCafe has experienced is that, at different points in time, we have had a lot of users, have had a lot of activity outside of the Winny Club and then, through server crashes or other things, users have left.
Yeah, I felt it very strange that you have so many mods in comparison to your user base.  To me, that screams impenetrable cliques.  Most forums I tend to like have very low moderation.  Like literally one admin because there has to be an admin and maybe one mod for when the admin isn't there.  They tend to assume the users are mature enough to know the limits and from there, let the users go bananas.  I come from those kinda forums, and that's part of the reason I can type the way I chose to type earlier ( those fucking lawless fringe communities! ).  We're just allowed to go at each other.  Sometimes people get butthurt, but usually, we understand that's the environment.  Its kinda like the banter you have here, but generally way, way more abrasive.  I guess you could say its like a man cave?  Kind of?

What's your host?  I've used Dreamhost and have nothing but positive things to say about my experience.  About $10 / mo w/ first year promotion of like $7.

For me, a good starting post for a topic includes at least a paragraph framing either the topic or the main argument--a brief summary that gives people an entry point without having to have a lot of background (though they can certainly research the background on their own).  If I don't even know the purpose of your post, I can't very well reply to it besides with an unhelpful question mark.
In my defense, I asked the question in the topic: "How do you feel about the war on used games?"  The guy was supplementary material, and an argument in itself.

Just go at it.  Generally speaking, even if I did put more stuff, it would be non-conclusive.  I introduce all applicable viewpoints and justification, trying not to reveal my actual alignment.  Like I said, I'm more interested in what other people think because I already know what I know.

If you really wanted super concrete, decisive suggestions like my recommendations on board organization, okay fine.  I guess that's 'constructive,' though to me, its a detail that will not increase your traffic.  You have an international community and its hard to have a focus.  I understand that.  I had the exact same problem with my forum.  We were from all over the world.  What I meant by that was even if its just a facade meant to generate traffic, you have something that will make you appear when people google something.  I came here from a convoluted string of clicks, or in other words, by pure chance.

Offline dragonspell

• I ♥ Winchester Boys!
  • jCafe Nobility
  • God of Water
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: April 20, 2012, 11:39:55 PM »
#2 - Merge writing and word games.  The topics in them already overlap ( three-word stories in one, six-word stories in the other ) so I think there's some confusion on intention amongst your users.

They're not, though.  The same thing I mean.  Word games is pure spam.  Writing, if Nadeshiko gets it up and running (she just very recently became a moderator) is meant to be more of a forum for writing and not spam games.  It's a hope that it might even be a place to discuss books, fanfic, writing techniques, and other writing topics.

#3 - Make a Games board, merge in Minecraft ( its very small anyway ) and Cosa Nostra as sub-boards.  A MMORPG sub-board would probably also be a good idea.

I'd agree with this.  Making an actual games board with Minecraft and Cosa Nostra as childboards.  I think that both sections should be kept separate but that kind of grouping would work.  I don't know if we're big enough for an MMORPG childboard or if that could reside in the main game board at the moment.

#4 - Computers & technology should be a separate board, which will happen automatically when you make a dedicated Games board.  Webhosting and file sharing... hmm... your call really.  Normally, I'd recommend merging it into a computer / technology board as a sub-board, but your forum is very based on file sharing so I can see it being important enough to deserve an entire board.

I'd agree with this as well.  It's something that I've suggested before.

#5 - Language & culture is an absolutely brilliant board.  I'm planning to read it this weekend and see if anybody has some kind of topic like this is what life is like in my country.  Hopefully their will be people yapping away about Swedish hobbies or something.  I understand they have a very strong motorsports culture.  Interesting stuff.

I'm glad that you like it.

#6 - Brain academy is very weird.  Is it to help people learn English?  I would focus the board or merge it.  Pretty interested in hearing what you were thinking when you made that board.  No need to be sensitive about that comment; its not doubletalk.  Literally why did you create it?

Brain Academy is the merging of a couple of boards.  It started off as a science board because of all the science topics happening in the lounge and in the Forum Community's introduction threads.  At the time that the science (and math) board was created, we had a lot of users that were very interested in those areas and, for awhile, they were popular.  The science board, however, was merged with a few other boards that offered a more academic way of looking at the world.

Basically, Brain Academy was created to be a serious topics/educational/academic pursuits kind of board seeing as how jCafe have a huge college-age demographic.  It grew mainly out of the Lounge and while some could be merged back in, some couldn't be.  It's a tricky situation.

#7 - Only one comment on any boards below Playgrounds because I don't go there.  It's kinda odd you have a yaoi board but not a yuri board to match.  Just for balance you know?

Hahaha!  We used to have a yuri board!  And someone (not to name names or anything, right? :fuufufuu: ) protested the unfairness of this, so the yaoi board was created.  That same person (still not naming names =P ) fought long and hard to keep the yaoi board seeing as how it was the only anime/manga that interested said person any more.  There's also the fact that the yuri often gets tossed in with the general Hentai board with very few screams but God forbid you throw in a yaoi thread or two (*eyeroll*) (plus, it intimidates the shit out of a lot of yaoi fans to have to wade through oceans of naked women just to find one or two naked men).  And the yuri board was never as big a draw as the yaoi from what I remember (because a great deal of the yuri fans hung out in Hentai, too).  Basically, it's not symmetry.  It's the fact that you can consider yaoi to be the "marked" half of the equation (like in language)(i.e. the fanboys scream bloody murder at yaoi being included but don't mind yuri--and, strangely enough, their groupmind seems to assume that the fangirls should react just the same (i.e be fine with yuri but not yaoi)).

Point taken; I can't.  I may have jumped the gun there, though at the same time, I'm not certain if I said your forum has no synergy.  Did I?  I think all I said is that getting that initial, synergistic core takes some luck.  Hmm.  Well, let me clarify if that wasn't clear.  Your board does have synergy - I mean you have users with over 10k posts for crying out loud.  That's beautiful.  But that synergy doesn't seem to have been applied in areas that really build community - the kind of energy that makes people go, 'hey, you know what?  I'd like to know your contact information so in case this forum ever crashes and burns, I can still talk to you.'

Most of the user contacts have already been done or are swapped over PM or between moderators (one of jCafe's biggest problems is having too few regulars so most of the regulars are mods).  It might be worth it, though, for the sake of building a new community, to look into this idea some more.

Another big problem that jCafe has experienced is that, at different points in time, we have had a lot of users, have had a lot of activity outside of the Winny Club and then, through server crashes or other things, users have left.

Yeah, its obvious, but your forum does kinda lack it.  And point taken again.  I can imagine you're too busy with housecleaning right now to bother too much either.

I only say so because it wasn't too long ago that the mods did seed the forums themselves and even built up a community.  It comes and goes in waves, like everything else on the internet, unfortunately.

All of my other posts have been very long.  Just like this one.  I have a very stream of consciousness writing style.  I'm not certain if you really want to read a 2,000 word thesis; those tend to be just as scary.  If you really, really want me to post up, than sure, but its a shit ton.  Besides, generally, I am more interested in other people's ideas than my own.  Not that I might not think their ideas suck, but sharing is caring.  Why don't you start with one reply, and I guarantee you you will see a lot back from me.

That said, it hadn't occurred to me a person might not be able to view GT.  Good point.

For me, a good starting post for a topic includes at least a paragraph framing either the topic or the main argument--a brief summary that gives people an entry point without having to have a lot of background (though they can certainly research the background on their own).  If I don't even know the purpose of your post, I can't very well reply to it besides with an unhelpful question mark.

Offline Celestin

• J-Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: April 20, 2012, 10:48:48 PM »
@celestin - Don't hold a grudge against me, but after reading your post I just feel like banning your entire fucking mother country, but first things first.
I don't hold a grudge against you and I'm not really upset at anybody, furthermore, I don't think I really criticized your staff.  Besides the 'pat on the back' stuff; but that wasn't a shot at the staff, that's just what I see.  I just type the way I type; I go all the way.  If you're offended, that's cool - it's your right, but realize I am trying to help you increase your overall forum activity.  Some people take it very well, you, not so much.  Different strokes for different folks.

If you want to ban me, go for it.  I came here to leech some manga, but since I try not to just leech and actually contribute a bit I tried to post a bit in a variety of boards and ended up rather disappointed.  Then of course, every single link was dead too so that wasn't accomplished either.  MegaUpload or whatever got taken down and your links got shared; I read your FAQs and understand you need to do some housekeeping.  I didn't criticize you for that either; its out of your control.

Its not a democracy, sure.  But you did ask for opinions.  I didn't say remove 'pat on the back' posts - they are absolutely vital to a forum.  The break the ice and let people be silly and whatever.  But since the content is usually so trivial the posts tend to have very short self life.  There's no real point to go back to them in a year.  And that is perfectly fine!  That's just what banter is.  And sometimes, it can be very good at building community, but more often, not so much.

An international community is a very good community.  Congratulations.  Very serious about that.  You can get differing viewpoints and those conflicting viewpoints, when they begin to collide, can generate very, very good dialog.  Not stuff like my country is better than yours, just day to day stuff.  Its super interesting to read, its super interesting to take part in and it helps keep people coming back.  But when people talk about 'giving each other cookies,' none of that stuff comes into play.

Immediate recommendations?  Like right now?  Okay:

#1 - Bugs and whatever... not too important.  Forums are a social thing and people will forgive little things like that since they're not coming here to grade your forum anyway.
#2 - Merge writing and word games.  The topics in them already overlap ( three-word stories in one, six-word stories in the other ) so I think there's some confusion on intention amongst your users.
#3 - Make a Games board, merge in Minecraft ( its very small anyway ) and Cosa Nostra as sub-boards.  A MMORPG sub-board would probably also be a good idea.
#4 - Computers & technology should be a separate board, which will happen automatically when you make a dedicated Games board.  Webhosting and file sharing... hmm... your call really.  Normally, I'd recommend merging it into a computer / technology board as a sub-board, but your forum is very based on file sharing so I can see it being important enough to deserve an entire board.
#5 - Language & culture is an absolutely brilliant board.  I'm planning to read it this weekend and see if anybody has some kind of topic like this is what life is like in my country.  Hopefully their will be people yapping away about Swedish hobbies or something.  I understand they have a very strong motorsports culture.  Interesting stuff.
#6 - Brain academy is very weird.  Is it to help people learn English?  I would focus the board or merge it.  Pretty interested in hearing what you were thinking when you made that board.  No need to be sensitive about that comment; its not doubletalk.  Literally why did you create it?
#7 - Only one comment on any boards below Playgrounds because I don't go there.  It's kinda odd you have a yaoi board but not a yuri board to match.  Just for balance you know?

Replied: April 20, 2012, 10:02:08 PM
And you, a newcomer to the forum, I'm sure can tell us that jCafe has never experienced this synergy during any of the 5 years its been online.
Point taken; I can't.  I may have jumped the gun there, though at the same time, I'm not certain if I said your forum has no synergy.  Did I?  I think all I said is that getting that initial, synergistic core takes some luck.  Hmm.  Well, let me clarify if that wasn't clear.  Your board does have synergy - I mean you have users with over 10k posts for crying out loud.  That's beautiful.  But that synergy doesn't seem to have been applied in areas that really build community - the kind of energy that makes people go, 'hey, you know what?  I'd like to know your contact information so in case this forum ever crashes and burns, I can still talk to you.'

If user browsing count is any indication, your top two or three boards don't even see a quarter or the activity as the bottom two and I think the topic was about what to do about the top boards.

I agree with this.  A lot of people do.

Again, something you as a newcomer have not seen but doesn't necessarily mean does not happen.
Yeah, its obvious, but your forum does kinda lack it.  And point taken again.  I can imagine you're too busy with housecleaning right now to bother too much either.

Here's where I disagree with you.  I saw your post over in the games forum.  I might have even replied if you had given me something besides a video that I had to leave the site to watch.  You didn't even frame the argument.  What if someone couldn't view the video at all?  How would they know how to respond?  I thought that it was a good topic but a video that users may or may not be able to watch and a "go find my opinion in the multitude of comments" is not a good way to start a thread.  I'm hardly surprised that the denizens of the game forums didn't respond.

Your other topic, in the debate forum, is a HIGHLY SELECT argument that offers very little of an in to people who are not arms enthusiasts (the few on the site that I know, too, aren't exactly the debating type).
All of my other posts have been very long.  Just like this one.  I have a very stream of consciousness writing style.  I'm not certain if you really want to read a 2,000 word thesis; those tend to be just as scary.  If you really, really want me to post up, than sure, but its a shit ton.  Besides, generally, I am more interested in other people's ideas than my own.  Not that I might not think their ideas suck, but sharing is caring.  Why don't you start with one reply, and I guarantee you you will see a lot back from me.

That said, it hadn't occurred to me a person might not be able to view GT.  Good point.

Offline dragonspell

• I ♥ Winchester Boys!
  • jCafe Nobility
  • God of Water
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: April 20, 2012, 10:18:49 PM »
The success of a forum is practically pure luck; you just have to be lucky enough that at some point, a large enough group of adequately attractive, charismatic, talkative people accumulate and build synergy, then spam the shit out of everything.  Pat on the back posts do not build synergy.  You can get that kind of instant approval anywhere.

And you, a newcomer to the forum, I'm sure can tell us that jCafe has never experienced this synergy during any of the 5 years its been online.

Stuff like product reviews, user guides, platinum guides for PS3 games, fanfics, drawn art all work great.  They are centerpieces of discussion.

I agree with this.  A lot of people do.

Maybe you should seed the topics yourself.

Again, something you as a newcomer have not seen but doesn't necessarily mean does not happen.

I tried; nobody replied though.

Here's where I disagree with you.  I saw your post over in the games forum.  I might have even replied if you had given me something besides a video that I had to leave the site to watch.  You didn't even frame the argument.  What if someone couldn't view the video at all?  How would they know how to respond?  I thought that it was a good topic but a video that users may or may not be able to watch and a "go find my opinion in the multitude of comments" is not a good way to start a thread.  I'm hardly surprised that the denizens of the game forums didn't respond.

Your other topic, in the debate forum, is a HIGHLY SELECT argument that offers very little of an in to people who are not arms enthusiasts (the few on the site that I know, too, aren't exactly the debating type).

#1 - Your forum has no focus.
You seem like a semi-intelligent person, so let me explain to you that this board and its community is based solely on Japanese literature and as such, we have a hugely diversified audience who visits our site. They come from USA, Japan, France, Germany, Russia, Spain, Australia, South Africa, Brazil, even Sicily and about 120 other countries. In other words the only thing that everybody has in common is their love for Japanese manga. It is no fucking surprise that many mainstream topics won't appeal to the majority of users.

'Nuff said.

@celestin - Don't hold a grudge against me, but after reading your post I just feel like banning your entire fucking mother country, but first things first.

Silverado, I love you.  Just so you know.

Offline 3Rton

• The Suzaku
  • J-Titan
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: April 20, 2012, 09:13:18 PM »
What a jolly guy  :maikka: well maybe he got what Silv was saying  :wahaha:

Offline silverado

• Administrator
  • J-Titan
  • Renommée: 395
    • View Profile
    • Manga Underground
« Reply #83 on: April 20, 2012, 05:02:14 PM »

This is no democracy where every stupid hippie or pseudo-cyber-punk can come in and cum his unintellectual bullshit that he calls blunt opinion on the board, especially not in topics that I started myself. There are unwritten rules of engagement and those rules apply to you, especially as newbie. So the next time you feel the urge of verbal yak, let me remind you to "Fuck off!" and visit some naruto board, but not here.

You seem like a semi-intelligent person, so let me explain to you that this board and its community is based solely on Japanese literature and as such, we have a hugely diversified audience who visits our site. They come from USA, Japan, France, Germany, Russia, Spain, Australia, South Africa, Brazil, even Sicily and about 120 other countries. In other words the only thing that everybody has in common is their love for Japanese manga. It is no fucking surprise that many mainstream topics won't appeal to the majority of users.

So the next time you come up with the brilliant idea of criticizing not only the board, but the whole staff, take a fork and ram it into your left. This will refrain you from writing stupid things, you will regret later.

Once you have cured that tongue of yours, learned proper conduct and still want to share your constructive feedback, then I suggest you write a forum structure that will not only condense the board, but also improve readability and activity of the users. Then and only then will I even consider reading your next post.

silv

Offline Celestin

• J-Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: April 20, 2012, 03:01:58 PM »
Hi.  I used to also admin a forum that I personally hosted.  That forum is dead now.  Your forum is probably also dying; your stalwarts appear to primarily give each other shoutouts and pats on the back.  All those 'everybody can have a cookie' threads don't really build community; its a dumb pat on the back that can be accomplished through any other channel.  Even MySpace.  Not only that, social media does a much better job.  You can have like faggoty bonsai trees that grows when you get poked or some other dumbshit so why the hell would you do it through a crappy message board?!

Btw, no offense to anybody.  Wait, hold on, that's bullshit.  If I'm offending you, you have a right to be offended, but quite frankly, I don't give a shit.  When I want to tiptoe through the tulips and smell like roses, I will do exactly that.  When I want to be blunt, I will be fucking blunt.

Its true; the role of forums is rapidly diminishing.  Social media is the biggest cause, and its one that's very difficult to fight.  That shit is a sensationalist, endorphin drip.  Its fucking crack for kids.  Its interactive and its got galleries of your stupid self getting smashed at some party and consequently getting plowed by some jackass giving the horns ( assuming you're a girl ).  Businesses love that shit and invest ( make sure the 'Budweiser' keg is clearly in view ); its the next best thing to beaming advertising directly into your head.  On the other side you have established forums with an user base that's really not going anywhere.  So you get to pick through the leftovers.  Except you don't even get to do that.  They come to you, not the other way around.

The success of a forum is practically pure luck; you just have to be lucky enough that at some point, a large enough group of adequately attractive, charismatic, talkative people accumulate and build synergy, then spam the shit out of everything.  Pat on the back posts do not build synergy.  You can get that kind of instant approval anywhere.

Look, you already know all this.

#1 - Your forum has no focus.  Sure, you can say that you host translating groups, but that just means you've got leechers crammed so far up your ass that they've established a lucrative spelunking equipment trade network.  You need something for the rest of your forum to latch onto.  For example, sports ( someteam.com ), a MMORPG ( aionsource.com ), computer troubleshooting ( bleepingcomputer.com ), firearms ( calguns.net ), etc.  It gives you something you can decisively advertise on google and will attract a continual stream of new users.  My forum was like yours; it was just a chill hangout.  My forum died.  Hangouts stagnate; they can't bring in fresh blood so the loss of even just one stalwart is significant.
#2 - Not enough user generated content.  Again, you can say you host translating groups, but that traffic has not bled to any other sections.  Also, it doesn't need to be videos of yourself dancing in your panties on youtube.  Stuff like product reviews, user guides, platinum guides for PS3 games, fanfics, drawn art all work great.  They are centerpieces of discussion.  Maybe you should seed the topics yourself.  I tried; nobody replied though.

I'm new to the boards so I don't know if you have some kind of forum star, complete with requisite fanclub and everything.  I can't tell yet... but if you don't, that's a bad sign.  Any forum worth staying at does.  That said, I will be happy to apply as your forum star; I am confident in my abilities and that you will be satisfied with my provided services.

Oh, btw, look, you doing alright and errthang, and I'mma let you finish, but IPBoard is the best motherfucking forum software of all time.

Offline Andrew85

• J-Hero
  • Renommée: 69
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: April 18, 2012, 11:56:58 PM »
 Well, in my opinion it has at least one good point. Those who have large file collections and want to share them, but file-uploading is too bothersome for them, can share their collection through p2p while others can do actual upload on filehosters and make forum threads with reference to the person from whom they receive this files. Plus that can be good back-up in case there'd be another crackdown on cyberlockers in the future.

Offline byakushiki

• J-Robo Police
  • Global Moderator
  • God of Earth
  • Renommée: 76
  • Byakushiki is my variation on Hyakushiki.
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: April 18, 2012, 11:14:11 PM »
It's probably up to the admin to decide how files should be shared here.
P2P would keep out spammers, but might have other risks.

Offline 3Rton

• The Suzaku
  • J-Titan
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: April 18, 2012, 08:19:01 PM »
Nope I'm just dumb  :maikka:

Well suppose we will have to wait for a mod like Antonus, Byaku or Dragon to see it.

Offline Andrew85

• J-Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: April 18, 2012, 07:19:07 PM »
 Was that a trolling? :wahaha:
I meant Hub as a concept. DC or ADC is more of a technical details.) But I agree, ADC would be better.^^

Offline 3Rton

• The Suzaku
  • J-Titan
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: April 18, 2012, 07:10:26 PM »
Wouldn't ADC we better choice if we wanted something like that?  :huh:

Though, I like the idea of having easy way to share files easily with everyone. (if I understood this correctly xD)

Offline Andrew85

• J-Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: April 18, 2012, 07:03:43 PM »
 Well, yeah, Direct Connect hub for forum members.

Offline 3Rton

• The Suzaku
  • J-Titan
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: April 18, 2012, 06:55:57 PM »
DC++ hub?  :huh:

Offline Andrew85

• J-Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: April 18, 2012, 06:16:09 PM »
 Back to suggestions: DC++ hub for jcafe, maybe?

Offline 3Rton

• The Suzaku
  • J-Titan
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: April 18, 2012, 03:28:10 AM »
I generally don't have anything against the idea (freedom and rights are human illusions) but the reason ticks me.
If I'm going to argue with someone (is it a 5 year old or 50 year old) it's going to be the facts and arguments that matter, not their status, rank, country, age or origin. Of course there are going to be people who feel that they are being abused or hurt and start flaming but trust me there those people in every generation.

Overall I would suggest making it a possibility to show your age, location and gender, but also make it possible to choose individually what they show. (because then we can have 100 year old dragons from the moon)
dum dum duuuuu

Offline dragonspell

• I ♥ Winchester Boys!
  • jCafe Nobility
  • God of Water
    • View Profile
Re: Suggestion for this forum
« Reply #72 on: April 18, 2012, 12:58:46 AM »
Hi,

I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this, but I couldn't find a better section to post it. If there's a better place, please move this thread.

I'd like to propose an idea to this forum. Can we start displaying forum users' ages and their country of origins in threads? Currently, it shows our icons, points, etc, but I believe these two elements are very important for the sake of communication in this community. For example, because of the nature of this forum (focus on Japanese manga/anime and its culture), people often engage in culturally sensitive subjects. Users' age and country of origine then become pertinent factors in such conversations because they speak to their credibility. For example, if you are a 30 years old Japanese native, I'm sure you wouldn't bother debating with a 15 years old U.S. citizen over Japanese stuff. There's no question who is more credible here. But, with the way things are set up right now, people just throw opinions at each other and don't really listen to each other because they don't know if the other person is worth listening to. Something as simple as displaying a little more demographics in the threads could help people be more mindful of each other. Just a thought.

GT

I get what you're saying.  But there are already ways for people to display location if they choose to use it.  If they do not choose to do so, then we should not force them.  That is an invasion of privacy, in my opinion, and it curtails one of the essential freedoms of the internet.

I'm going to agree with byakushiki on this point: it's a bias.  Does it matter that you're talking to an American as opposed to a Canadian?  Does it matter that you're talking to a 15 year old or a 25 year old?  Does that mean that you're automatically going to dismiss their opinion just because they're not your "right" demographic?  The internet, for me, is about leveling the playing field.  It's about being who you really are not what society has made you.  I've known some very mature 15 year olds and I've known some very immature 30 year olds.  Do I think that the 30 year old has a better opinion that the 15 year old just because they're older?

Same with the country of origin.  When I first got here, there were some VERY nasty comments about Americans--lots of generalizations, assumptions and flat out lies being flung around like truths because, ew, who'd want to be American, right?  It kind of hurts to think that if it had been known that I was American before I established myself on jCafe, it is possible that I might have been chased off.  This has since changed in some ways and in some ways it hasn't.  Imagine finding out that someone is from a predominantly Islamic country--well, then, you can probably assume that they're Muslim and there has been some nasty posts on jCafe about Muslims that I REALLY don't care to revisit.  At all.

If you're a 30 year old Japanese person, I would hope that you'd be confident enough in your own self and opinions about your country and culture not to let the opinion of a 15 year old American (ew, Americans) get to you.  And, hey, they might say something that you'd never even considered.

What does it matter if you're American or Russian or Indonesian?  In jCafe, you are all a part of jCafe.  Is it exciting to find someone that lives, internet-speaking, in your backyard?  Sure.  You have even more to talk about.  Are they going to have better opinions on the things important to you than somebody that lives halfway around the world?  Not necessarily.

Honestly, this is about communication.  Yes, there are different cultures represented on jCafe.  It's part of being an international community.  You can talk with people from different cultures, though, and not have arguments if you communicate.  If something doesn't translate well, explain it.

There's really no way to put a country of origin, either, unless it is supplied.  A lot of people don't want to supply it.  Shit hit the fan back when Infamy had the idea to lock down people's ages and gender and BELIEVE ME when I say that I've experienced enough gender bias in my life to last me a lifetime.  I have no desire to experience anymore on what is supposed to be a fairly safe space.  That's why I don't display my gender.  It doesn't matter what sex I am.

If you're looking for someone that is specifically Japanese to talk to, head over to the Japanese thread in Language and Culture.  There are people, however, that are not Japanese (or grew up in Japan) that know Japanese culture.  There are some that only pretend that they do.  Navigating this is part of navigating the internet. 

I don't feel it matters where I live, I don't feel it matters what age I am.  It only matters in how I present myself and am I genuine about that front.  It only matters in how I communicate.  I love being on jCafe because of the fact that I get so many diverse opinions, that I can talk with someone in Toronto, someone in London, someone in Dubai, someone in Tokyo, someone in Sydney, and someone in New York City in the same thread.  I can talk with a 30 year old, 25 year old, an 18 year old, a 13 year old, a 40 year old.  Talk about diverse.

Also:  Merged.

Replied: April 17, 2012, 09:09:18 PM
ALSO.  I believe that I know what this is about and I really don't think that it would help your case.  That's still going to be up for debate and it's one of the hazards of translating from one language/culture into another.

Offline shaea

• Sleeping Beauty
  • J-Overlord
  • Renommée: 30
  • ...I'm a girl!
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: April 18, 2012, 12:27:42 AM »
Getting into a community is all about freedom IMO.
If you make a rules stating you'll have to say or tell this and that, that won't be fun.

Offline Miffy

• J-Piggy
  • God of Wind
  • Renommée: 40
  • Always remember you're unique, like everyone else
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: April 17, 2012, 06:24:05 PM »
I think someone said that I'm a guy before because my avatar is a girl and I didn't show my gender  :maikka:
you're a girl tho, so obvious pffft  :XD:

Offline GoldenTequila

• J-Regular
  • Renommée: 25
  • Bouncing through life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: April 17, 2012, 02:03:55 PM »
It's not about having "bias." It's about being mindful of important personal factors.
It is not to say that all older people are wiser than younger ones because that is obviously not true. However, when age is combined with other factors, it helps us to understand who we are talking to better. For example, if you are talking to someone, and that person all of sudden starts calling you names, it would make a big difference in how you understand or take such responses if it came from a 40 yo person or a 12 yo person.

When you communicate in the real world, we constantly use such demographic information to moderate our interactions with one another. Whether it is age or country of origin (or anything else for that matter), culture is a very important component in our interpersonal communications. Culture and our beliefs associated with it determine so much of how we communicate. When such information is kept invisible, it leaves so much room for mis-communication, fights, etc.

While I agree that they may be considered personal information, I don't see that as a problem because we are not revealing our identity.

Offline byakushiki

• J-Robo Police
  • Global Moderator
  • God of Earth
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: April 17, 2012, 12:30:16 PM »
Maybe because guys worship cici.... :maikka:

Offline shaea

• Sleeping Beauty
  • J-Overlord
  • ...I'm a girl!
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: April 17, 2012, 12:26:56 PM »
I think someone said that I'm a guy before because my avatar is a girl and I didn't show my gender  :maikka:

Offline byakushiki

• J-Robo Police
  • Global Moderator
  • God of Earth
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: April 17, 2012, 11:52:28 AM »
not so mysterious... buuuuut oh well.

Offline Miffy

• J-Piggy
  • God of Wind
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: April 17, 2012, 11:16:56 AM »
hahaha, the genderless mysterious shae

Offline shaea

• Sleeping Beauty
  • J-Overlord
  • ...I'm a girl!
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: April 17, 2012, 11:15:13 AM »
I agree with Nadeshiko.
I don't even have my gender shown here, lol

Offline Miffy

• J-Piggy
  • God of Wind
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: April 17, 2012, 11:01:57 AM »
you should pop this into another thread, JCafe 2.0 suggestions to improve, which is in board 1.0

and also we can learn so anyways by asking people......some might want to keep it private like mimi said

Offline Nadeshiko

• J-Puppy + J-Maid + J-Sadist + Otome Gamer
  • Gold Dragon
  • Renommée: 47
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: April 17, 2012, 10:17:16 AM »
I feel it wouldn't be fair to have a bias towards a person's post just because of their demographic.

Also there is the jCafe 2.0 post for suggesting improvements :XD:
I agree. Also, age and country is a privacy issue.

Offline byakushiki

• J-Robo Police
  • Global Moderator
  • God of Earth
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: April 17, 2012, 10:14:07 AM »
I feel it wouldn't be fair to have a bias towards a person's post just because of their demographic.

Also there is the jCafe 2.0 post for suggesting improvements :XD:

Offline GoldenTequila

• J-Regular
  • Renommée: 25
  • Bouncing through life!
    • View Profile
Suggestion for this forum
« Reply #60 on: April 17, 2012, 09:36:17 AM »
Hi,

I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this, but I couldn't find a better section to post it. If there's a better place, please move this thread.

I'd like to propose an idea to this forum. Can we start displaying forum users' ages and their country of origins in threads? Currently, it shows our icons, points, etc, but I believe these two elements are very important for the sake of communication in this community. For example, because of the nature of this forum (focus on Japanese manga/anime and its culture), people often engage in culturally sensitive subjects. Users' age and country of origine then become pertinent factors in such conversations because they speak to their credibility. For example, if you are a 30 years old Japanese native, I'm sure you wouldn't bother debating with a 15 years old U.S. citizen over Japanese stuff. There's no question who is more credible here. But, with the way things are set up right now, people just throw opinions at each other and don't really listen to each other because they don't know if the other person is worth listening to. Something as simple as displaying a little more demographics in the threads could help people be more mindful of each other. Just a thought.

GT

Offline 3Rton

• The Suzaku
  • J-Titan
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: April 14, 2012, 05:49:27 AM »
Look like a he to me  :huh: well yes it was quite funny  :XD:

Well I'm not sure yet of how to put it in words so I will get back to you during this weekend. But somewhat, even though I've been here relatively long (well not as long as you guys, but like, long enough that I should be comfy with it) I still somewhat feel lost when I try to navigate the forum.

Offline antonus

• J-Wanderer
  • Global Moderator
  • God of Wind
  • Renommée: 185
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 14, 2012, 12:01:25 AM »
Can you explain this a bit more?  Like, what kind of organization are you looking for?

As for the horse and the cop, sorry.  Like I said, I couldn't help myself. =P

Hey, I found it rather amusing...  :XD: She had what was coming to her...

Offline dragonspell

• I ♥ Winchester Boys!
  • jCafe Nobility
  • God of Water
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 13, 2012, 07:56:33 PM »
As for the new kid... he has a point, though, about the fact that it's a mess. Which is weird to me because if I'm not wrong we have programmers as members too (or maybe I'm deluding myself) and it shouldn't be so hard for a person studying stuff like that to create a system which would be bit.. cleaner.. maybe. Perhaps the power of entropy is just unusually high in J-cafe

Can you explain this a bit more?  Like, what kind of organization are you looking for?

As for the horse and the cop, sorry.  Like I said, I couldn't help myself. =P

Offline 3Rton

• The Suzaku
  • J-Titan
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 13, 2012, 07:01:36 PM »
Oh Dragon-sama... the glorious way of seeing horse sex first thing in the morning. I bid my gratitude to you.  :maikka:
I like Shiko's idea, for all it counts.

As for the new kid... he has a point, though, about the fact that it's a mess. Which is weird to me because if I'm not wrong we have programmers as members too (or maybe I'm deluding myself) and it shouldn't be so hard for a person studying stuff like that to create a system which would be bit.. cleaner.. maybe. Perhaps the power of entropy is just unusually high in J-cafe  :huh:

Offline dragonspell

• I ♥ Winchester Boys!
  • jCafe Nobility
  • God of Water
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 11, 2012, 10:11:58 AM »
This will probably be a bit controversial coming from a new user but I would suggest eliminating the one post count to view links; I would still make people register though.  I understand what you are trying to get more people to participate in the community but what you are doing is just encouraging spam.

The main point of the 1 post to see links is not to get people to participate.  It's to protect our links.  We wouldn't eliminate that as we have enough hassles protecting our links as it is.  If the main point was to get people to participate in the forum, the minimum post count would be higher (I've been on forums that have required anywhere from 10 to 50 posts).  The one post count requirement is hardly asking for a first born and it, along with the anonymizer, saves a lot of links that would otherwise be taken down.  In other words, the 1 post requirement = more manga for you.  I'm sorry if I come across as a bit bitchy about this, but I get rather sick of having to explain the reasoning behind the 1 post count requirement over and over (you're not the only one, you won't be the last).

The community forum is just a spam of introduction threads, which is probably a symptom of the one post count.  Having one main intro thread is fine but I'm not going to read pages of them.  Personally I would lock any new intro thread that isn't part of the main one, just because they are always the same conversation over and over again (though I have a personal preference for heavy handed moderated sites).

You obviously didn't read them.  The intro threads are only for people who are going to bother to make more than one post.  Anyone that posts anywhere on that board BESIDES the main intro thread and only has 1 post/never follows it up will find their post deleted and their post count set back to zero.  The intro threads, after a certain point, are no longer "intro" threads but instead exist as conversation between members and are one of the biggest ways that jCafe has for growing its stable of community members who have an interest in jCafe beyond Winny.

I also translate randomly just for Japanese practice, so I may post in the translation boards every now and then, but the rest of the site I just find is a mess.

What kind of organization would you recommend?  At this point, that's what we're interested in.

Offline 4649

• J-Starter
  • Renommée: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 11, 2012, 07:51:27 AM »
Here are my opinions as an outsider, or new user, for what they are worth.  What attracted me to the site was the access to raws, without knowing anything else about the site I would say that is your biggest attraction.  This will probably be a bit controversial coming from a new user but I would suggest eliminating the one post count to view links; I would still make people register though.  I understand what you are trying to get more people to participate in the community but what you are doing is just encouraging spam.  After registering, I took a two second glance at the community board and left, never to return (got this thread from a link in Forum News).  The community forum is just a spam of introduction threads, which is probably a symptom of the one post count.  Having one main intro thread is fine but I'm not going to read pages of them.  Personally I would lock any new intro thread that isn't part of the main one, just because they are always the same conversation over and over again (though I have a personal preference for heavy handed moderated sites).

I usually lurk more than post, but what's important to me me is the manga discussion section, as well as Winny.  I also translate randomly just for Japanese practice, so I may post in the translation boards every now and then, but the rest of the site I just find is a mess.

Offline dragonspell

• I ♥ Winchester Boys!
  • jCafe Nobility
  • God of Water
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 08, 2012, 01:23:05 AM »
As I only talk here... dunnou.

As for social networks I only lie and troll there, so fuck da police.

Sorry, please read the forum rules to see why you can't view spoilers and why you can't post in this forum section. Thank you!

Sorry.  I couldn't help it.

I think we should advertise a "section of the day" like how we have a "game of the day" in the Arcade section. We can put it under than banner or on top of the index. This may encourage users to go on different sections.

There's an idea.  I would suggest, to add to the idea, to have an event or highlighted thread/topic in said section of the day/week, too, if we did that.

Offline Nadeshiko

• J-Puppy + J-Maid + J-Sadist + Otome Gamer
  • Gold Dragon
  • Renommée: 47
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 08, 2012, 01:06:49 AM »
I think we should advertise a "section of the day" like how we have a "game of the day" in the Arcade section. We can put it under the banner or on top of the index. This may encourage users to go on different sections.

Offline 3Rton

• The Suzaku
  • J-Titan
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 03, 2012, 08:18:02 AM »
As I only talk here... dunnou.

As for social networks I only lie and troll there, so fuck da police.

Offline retysugh

• J-Hero
  • Renommée: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 02, 2012, 10:15:31 AM »
:huh: i missed a lot. damn work :maikka: drawing, lit and music should just be a single "arts" area. in other news a few of my various manfa projects could become jcafe exclusives. soon as i get a test audience to determine popularity.

I think Minti has a point - certain boards/forums can be consolidated.  There are a lot of almost-empty and often redundant threads floating everywhere, and streamlining them could not only clean up, but also make it more user-friendly for new users.

(ever imagined what it would be like to be a new user trying to navigate through several dozen threads for the first time?)

Offline MintiNF

• J-Werewolf j-Batman
  • Global Moderator
  • God of Water
  • Renommée: 82
  • its hard work being lazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 01, 2012, 02:46:14 AM »
 :huh: i missed a lot. damn work :maikka: drawing, lit and music should just be a single "arts" area. in other news a few of my various manfa projects could become jcafe exclusives. soon as i get a test audience to determine popularity.

Offline silverado

• Administrator
  • J-Titan
    • View Profile
    • Manga Underground
« Reply #48 on: March 30, 2012, 06:02:18 AM »
Well Drawing does not really need a mod I think. I made him a mod in health, because he seemed to be interested in health.

Offline dragonspell

• I ♥ Winchester Boys!
  • jCafe Nobility
  • God of Water
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 30, 2012, 04:41:02 AM »
For instance, Writing, Drawing, and Language and Culture all have mods that haven't been on in months.  Maybe giving him a comod on one of those boards just to keep them up?

I asked in the other thread but I'll ask again here:  which boards are you thinking about deleting?

Offline silverado

• Administrator
  • J-Titan
    • View Profile
    • Manga Underground
« Reply #46 on: March 30, 2012, 04:36:42 AM »
I'm open to suggestions.

Offline dragonspell

• I ♥ Winchester Boys!
  • jCafe Nobility
  • God of Water
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: March 30, 2012, 04:30:41 AM »
It's also worth noting, Silv, that some of the mods on other sections are inactive, if JoCurryrice would still like a posting.

Offline dragonspell

• I ♥ Winchester Boys!
  • jCafe Nobility
  • God of Water
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 30, 2012, 04:07:16 AM »
Well it was a smallish board and I thought nobody was going to take over that board. Now that he has become a mod in a giant 5 digit post forum, I will have to rethink the assignment.

Rethink or give a comod.

Offline silverado

• Administrator
  • J-Titan
    • View Profile
    • Manga Underground
« Reply #43 on: March 30, 2012, 04:04:50 AM »
Well it was a smallish board and I thought nobody was going to take over that board. Now that he has become a mod in a giant 5 digit post forum, I will have to rethink the assignment.