Funds $66 | Needed $160
Like the community? Enjoy reading manga?
Then click on the small donation banner! Thx!

45%

Author Topic: Baby Steps volume 01-31+  (Read 55190 times)

Offline Miguelostos

• Global Moderator
  • J-Legend
  • Renommée: 1541
    • View Profile
Re: Baby Steps volume 01-31+
« Reply #367 on: July 19, 2014, 05:52:51 AM »
Sorry, please read the forum rules to see why you can't view spoilers and why you can't post in this forum section. Thank you!

Offline MagicWafflez

• J-Recruit
  • Renommée: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: July 13, 2014, 08:42:35 AM »
Okay I'm done lurking~♪

I wonder how impressed Asano would be if he knew he only practiced that fast slice for like 2 weeks xD.

I do somewhat worry that asano will decide to change up his whole play style now that he's deciding which way he wants to play... if that's the case, then I think it will mostly be a problem next set.

Predictions:
Sorry, please read the forum rules to see why you can't view spoilers and why you can't post in this forum section. Thank you!

Offline Miguelostos

• Global Moderator
  • J-Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: July 11, 2014, 06:22:01 AM »

Offline vaiowega

• J-Regular
  • Renommée: 143
  • 100% Recyclable
    • View Profile
    • One Piece Trad
« Reply #364 on: July 10, 2014, 05:18:37 AM »
Chapter 304 (WSM #31):

Offline vaiowega

• J-Regular
  • 100% Recyclable
    • View Profile
    • One Piece Trad
« Reply #363 on: July 01, 2014, 02:46:30 PM »
Chapter 303 (WSM #30):

Offline vaiowega

• J-Regular
  • 100% Recyclable
    • View Profile
    • One Piece Trad
« Reply #362 on: June 20, 2014, 10:19:02 PM »
Chapter 302 (WSM #29):

Offline Miguelostos

• Global Moderator
  • J-Legend
    • View Profile
Re: Baby Steps volume 01-30+
« Reply #361 on: June 19, 2014, 09:55:19 AM »
Volume 31

Offline vaiowega

• J-Regular
  • 100% Recyclable
    • View Profile
    • One Piece Trad
« Reply #360 on: June 06, 2014, 07:18:20 PM »
Chapter 301 (WSM #27):

Offline vaiowega

• J-Regular
  • 100% Recyclable
    • View Profile
    • One Piece Trad
« Reply #359 on: May 30, 2014, 01:37:47 AM »
Chapter 300 (WSM #26):

Offline vaiowega

• J-Regular
  • 100% Recyclable
    • View Profile
    • One Piece Trad
« Reply #358 on: May 23, 2014, 04:53:22 AM »
Chapter 299 (WSM #25):

Offline MagicWafflez

• J-Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: May 16, 2014, 11:08:42 AM »
jus not available online as yet and the magazines took break as they usually do for japan's particul
oh~♪ at that time I realized the comic came out on Wednesday and so all of my monday/tuesday digging was for not ^_^

yeah, I did get it messed up
now that I HAVE THE UPDATELSKDJflskejdflakezjsdgfl;kawjsfc
I realize the reason I thought there was a break:
We were spoiled with a earlier than usual raw release
so when Monday happened I was like D: "where's the new chapter? oh noses! I must search every corner of the internet right now!!"
but it was fun looking anyway~

Also,
OMG OMG it's here it's here all of the happiness exists~~~~~!!!!!
I can't sleep now D: but I'm soooo happy

Offline vaiowega

• J-Regular
  • 100% Recyclable
    • View Profile
    • One Piece Trad
« Reply #356 on: May 16, 2014, 06:10:17 AM »
Chapter 298 (WSM #24):

Offline HEYHEYHEY

• J-Member
  • Renommée: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: May 15, 2014, 05:19:49 PM »
the new chapter came out this week jus not available online as yet and the magazines took break as they usually do for japan's particular week off called golden week.

Offline Vampirecat

• J-Regular
  • Renommée: 27
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: May 15, 2014, 01:57:15 PM »
anyway, after fighting tooth and nail to try to find the raws with my sad japanese skills I think I've had an epiphany.
they had a break last week didn't they?
the latest chapter comes today (yesterday in japan), so...
it's brand new and that's why all of my scouring this week was pointless
 :sic:

No, the break was the other week. Ch.297 was released last week. Someone over at MF posted a link to a Japanese summary of ch.298, so there is a new chapter. RAWs just haven't come out online.  :maikka:

Offline MagicWafflez

• J-Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: May 15, 2014, 09:16:54 AM »
something feels different about this site.
 :smoker:
I can't put my finger on it.

anyway, after fighting tooth and nail to try to find the raws with my sad japanese skills I think I've had an epiphany.
they had a break last week didn't they?
the latest chapter comes today (yesterday in japan), so...
it's brand new and that's why all of my scouring this week was pointless
 :sic:

I wish they would give me a freaking e-book subscription.
but it is my (possibly mistaken) understanding that weekly shonen magazine is not distributed that way.

:p!ssed:

Offline rajin90

• J-Regular
  • Renommée: 41
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: May 10, 2014, 10:05:33 PM »
ohh i think it has won before too?  KOE NO KATACHI and MIX by ADACHI MITSURU >> ahh lost

and it won bronze?

Offline vaiowega

• J-Regular
  • 100% Recyclable
    • View Profile
    • One Piece Trad
« Reply #351 on: May 10, 2014, 09:33:57 PM »
Baby Steps won the "Best Shônen" title in the 38th Kodansha Manga Awards. Hikaru Katsuki received a bronze statuette and 1 million yen (~10,000$).

The other nominees in the same category were: Koe no Katachi, Nisekoi, Noragami and MIX.

The judges this year were Yûma Andô (Psychometrer Eiji, Kami no Shizuku, Area no Kishi), Tôru Fujisawa (GTO, Shonan Jun'ai Gumi), Miyuki Kobayashi (Kitchen Princess), Kôsuke Fujishima (Ah! My Goddess, You're Under Arrest), Takeshi Maekawa (Tekken Chinmi), Akemi Matsunae (Otomodachi de Ikou!) and Norifusa Mita (Dragon Zakura).

Offline rajin90

• J-Regular
  • Renommée: 41
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: May 05, 2014, 01:24:38 AM »
hey vampire cat bro please help with some translation of other series too. BILLIONAIRE GIRL.
i am dying to read its next 4 final chapters. also last chapter they were together and this chapter everything shifted to lawn tennis and ranking.

Offline Vampirecat

• J-Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: May 04, 2014, 11:42:38 PM »
Chapter 297

WTH?! In p.11, beside the status of WC (probably Wild Card), Araya has a JTP of 130 while Kanda's is 103. How could Kanda have gotten a JTP higher than Araya? Now that I think about it, Kanda's higher JTP might be because he's the runner-up in the All-Japan Juniors.

Offline vaiowega

• J-Regular
  • 100% Recyclable
    • View Profile
    • One Piece Trad
Re: Baby Steps volume 01-28+
« Reply #348 on: April 29, 2014, 06:05:52 AM »
Chapter 296 (WSM #21-22):

Double issue (Golden Week) so no chapter next week.

Offline Miguelostos

• Global Moderator
  • J-Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: April 28, 2014, 06:16:33 PM »
Volume 30

Offline MagicWafflez

• J-Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: April 26, 2014, 07:11:20 PM »
HOLY CRAP
omg omg omg I just saw the last chapter

Offline Lebedev

• J-Hero
  • Renommée: 76
    • View Profile
« Reply #345 on: April 25, 2014, 09:38:06 PM »
Baby Steps 1-29

Offline Haiyami

• J-Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: April 24, 2014, 04:34:36 PM »
Can someone reupload volume 22 of Baby Steps? I can't access any of the old links.

Offline vaiowega

• J-Regular
  • 100% Recyclable
    • View Profile
    • One Piece Trad
« Reply #343 on: April 21, 2014, 01:20:59 PM »
Chapter 295 (WSM #20):

what magazine is this published in?
I wonder if the magical person that posts baby steps raws is going to post both chapters this week or only chapter 295 or 296... I really want 296 D:
For some reason I ignore, all the raws from the "Weekly Shonen Magazine" were late everywhere this week (except for Fairy Tail and Nanatsu no Taizai which always come out sooner because they're more popular).

Offline MagicWafflez

• J-Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: April 21, 2014, 09:22:43 AM »
this episode... I liked the interaction with natsu a lot more ^_^ it seemed more natural.
I didn't like the staring they always seem to make her do but~ eh~

lol they included that short about the 40~45 thing
 :wahaha:

this week was a bit sad, not being able to see the chapter... what magazine is this published in?

I wonder if the magical person that posts baby steps raws is going to post both chapters this week or only chapter 295 or 296... I really want 296 D:

Offline frostme

• J-Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: April 21, 2014, 06:24:48 AM »
I thought the art went well with Ei-chan being in the "baby" stages of tennis. As he matures, the art reflects his maturity.

Besides, I've seen much weirder art in shounen manga, so the early art of Baby Steps looked rather normal to me.

lol, i thought "baby" was from Ei-chan "baby" face xD

Offline Narcox

• J-Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: April 18, 2014, 05:52:39 AM »
this week no have chapter?

Offline Vampirecat

• J-Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: April 17, 2014, 07:16:32 PM »
have you noticed how different the art style was back then? he looks really really weird... it almost makes me cringe  :XD:

I thought the art went well with Ei-chan being in the "baby" stages of tennis. As he matures, the art reflects his maturity.

Besides, I've seen much weirder art in shounen manga, so the early art of Baby Steps looked rather normal to me.

Offline MagicWafflez

• J-Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: April 17, 2014, 01:46:08 PM »
The anime made me reread the start of the manga. And I think the anime did a much better job with the scene where Ei-chan tries to explain to Kageyama why he's working so hard at tennis. The manga didn't even come close to how sparkly and rosy Ei-chan got in the anime when he remembered how good it felt when he hit the ball perfectly.

have you noticed how different the art style was back then? he looks really really weird... it almost makes me cringe  :XD:

Offline Vampirecat

• J-Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: April 15, 2014, 04:46:44 PM »
Eichan IS chasing tennis because of Nachan, but not to win her affection or even to get to know her, but rather because he is deeply affected by the intensity of her attachment to the sport; to the point where she has decided to pursue it as a career. This sort of drive is something that he realizes he lacks and he wants to understand what makes it so interesting to Nachan. I agree though that the Anime makes it seem more like he's just crushing on Nachan.

The anime made me reread the start of the manga. And I think the anime did a much better job with the scene where Ei-chan tries to explain to Kageyama why he's working so hard at tennis. The manga didn't even come close to how sparkly and rosy Ei-chan got in the anime when he remembered how good it felt when he hit the ball perfectly.

Offline hmmmokaythen

• J-Regular
  • Renommée: 3
  • Algebraic Geometry, it's as crazy as it sounds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: April 15, 2014, 12:50:33 PM »
Eichan IS chasing tennis because of Nachan, but not to win her affection or even to get to know her, but rather because he is deeply affected by the intensity of her attachment to the sport; to the point where she has decided to pursue it as a career. This sort of drive is something that he realizes he lacks and he wants to understand what makes it so interesting to Nachan. I agree though that the Anime makes it seem more like he's just crushing on Nachan.

Offline nithink

• J-Recruit
  • Renommée: 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: April 15, 2014, 08:52:01 AM »

Offline MagicWafflez

• J-Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: April 15, 2014, 08:50:25 AM »

Actually, in the manga, all Ei-chan did was call his mom to let her know he "might" be late. He didn't ask her to fetch him. You could say they simply omitted the call. What they did change is when he started running. In the manga, Ei-chan ran home the first time he went to STC, not after cram school.
Oh okay, I feel better about it then... I thought I read in the translation that he wanted her to pick him up... I should look at older raws >.<

Ei-chan's reasons for choosing that particular model of racket might not have been so simple. Natchan is about his height with a similar reach. Since she's a girl, her model of racket shouldn't be too heavy for him. And since she's aiming to become a pro, she's probably chosen a good racket for that purpose. Good enough for a recommendation.
I wish they'd say so then Dx
I'm making my little sister watch this ( since she won't read it) and I don't want her to misunderstand. I think that the "I'm going to do this sport because of the hot girl in my school" vibe that maruo is giving off is not good at all

Offline Vampirecat

• J-Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: April 14, 2014, 08:52:02 PM »
today's the anime Ep2 release and imanga released the next chapter...
They changed another minor thing, that eichan finished running home instead of his mom picking him up. did they forget he was sore as all get out? they also didn't mention that the coach told him to just run for now... well, I guess it adds to the eichan-ness

Actually, in the manga, all Ei-chan did was call his mom to let her know he "might" be late. He didn't ask her to fetch him. You could say they simply omitted the call. What they did change is when he started running. In the manga, Ei-chan ran home the first time he went to STC, not after cram school.

him picking out the same racket as nachan though... =_=;;; idk... I didn't really think of eichan chasing after tennis because of a girl, so much as eichan chasing after a girl because of tennis you know? Not at this point in their relationship. I kind of think that this underminded his seriousness about tennis much more than his mom giving him a ride home. I mean, why didn't he even think to research rackets? or ask his coach what racket to get?

Ei-chan's reasons for choosing that particular model of racket might not have been so simple. Natchan is about his height with a similar reach. Since she's a girl, her model of racket shouldn't be too heavy for him. And since she's aiming to become a pro, she's probably chosen a good racket for that purpose. Good enough for a recommendation.

Offline MagicWafflez

• J-Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: April 10, 2014, 02:12:35 PM »
Miyagawa's the one who sucks umeboshi for refreshment and punishment, so that face was straight out of ch.109—although when Miyagawa did that in the manga, he had just lost a game to Ei-chan, bringing the score to 4-1 in favor of Ei-chan.
I'm aware of the umeboshi... it's just... his head like DOUBLED in size right there...
 :gabu:
I'm of the opinion that anime chibi's should be only as overblown as their manga counterparts... but that's just me...

yeah, and Miyagawa didn't even eat any plums or drink tea during their first match...
don't you think he was pretty much looking down on maruo the whole time?
 :XD:

Update:
no one is posting agian =_=;
I won't double post, but I really wish this series was more popular

today's the anime Ep2 release and imanga released the next chapter...

I think the chapter after next is the one where maruo's mom meets his girlfriend ^_^ I'm really looking forward to it~♪

Update #2:
OMG that is such a clifhanger~♪ though now that I look at it, that's how chapter 2 ends, huh?

I really like the voice actor they picked for takuma :3
I couldn't really picture his voice  before the anime (I know he had the 1 line in the first episode, but I couldn't really listen listen you know)

They changed another minor thing, that eichan finished running home instead of his mom picking him up. did they forget he was sore as all get out? they also didn't mention that the coach told him to just run for now... well, I guess it adds to the eichan-ness

him picking out the same racket as nachan though... =_=;;; idk... I didn't really think of eichan chasing after tennis because of a girl, so much as eichan chasing after a girl because of tennis you know? Not at this point in their relationship. I kind of think that this underminded his seriousness about tennis much more than his mom giving him a ride home. I mean, why didn't he even think to research rackets? or ask his coach what racket to get?

I do like the explanation about the pro-bound junior tennis players and the hobbiest, I didn't realize/forgot that they had people outside at all xD

Offline Vampirecat

• J-Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: April 09, 2014, 04:31:47 PM »
If he wants to graduate high school, then he needs to stay till March. And he used most of his absence going to IMG, so he needs to be in school. But, there seems to be some incoherence here. The author or Eiichiro didn't factor in the absence to attend the tournament. So if he continues, he can't graduate and need to repeat another year or drop out. And that means he can't go to the universities. (Exception is if the school he goes to is private, which are lenient with athlete's absents. Although it sure looks public though with the school outfits, being coed, etc.)

So he basically only has 2 choices: go pro, or repeat school lol.

If you're counting days absent from school, are you including the Sundays? In the 2 months Ei-chan was in Florida, there'd be 8 Sundays that wouldn't count toward school attendance, so those days would apply to the tournament. Also, it's just the second term, so Ei-chan might have the option of taking supplementary classes during winter break to make up for some of his absence.

EDIT: I just checked vol.29. On the Monday of Ei-chan's second week in Florida, participation in the Bradenton Open was mentioned (ch.275)—and it's supposed to be in 1 month's time. Add the 5 days for the tournament proper and his departure 2 days after the finals (ch.293) and Ei-chan's stay in Florida is apparently only around 6 weeks, so he still has 2 weeks of his 60-day absence from school available for the All-Japan Championship, and that's in addition to the Sundays.

did you see miyagawa face when maruo was looking at his notes xD his whole head... I just... jeez.

Miyagawa's the one who sucks umeboshi for refreshment and punishment, so that face was straight out of ch.109—although when Miyagawa did that in the manga, he had just lost a game to Ei-chan, bringing the score to 4-1 in favor of Ei-chan.

Offline kaigai

• J-Member
  • Renommée: 32
    • View Profile
« Reply #330 on: April 09, 2014, 12:29:44 PM »
"The next time, I'll be a sexier swimming suit"

Ha... Those Marcia love points, hahahaha.
 Not too eventful chapter, we get a quick update of what most major characters are doing, and we are also told clearly which is the time limit that Maruo has to bet everything (5 months, I think).

He only has 5 days till the tournament.

For his future, he has to respond to the 2 universities that are waiting for his reply by Nov.
Going by the manga, the tournament is held in mid-Nov. (real one is done in early Nov) And if it takes about the same dates as the real tournament, then it's about 10 days. Which means if it starts like the 15th, then he only has about 2 weeks and about a 1 week if he goes all the way to decide his future.

If he wants to graduate high school, then he needs to stay till March. And he used most of his absence going to IMG, so he needs to be in school. But, there seems to be some incoherence here. The author or Eiichiro didn't factor in the absence to attend the tournament. So if he continues, he can't graduate and need to repeat another year or drop out. And that means he can't go to the universities. (Exception is if the school he goes to is private, which are lenient with athlete's absents. Although it sure looks public though with the school outfits, being coed, etc.)

So he basically only has 2 choices: go pro, or repeat school lol.

Offline Toxico

• J-Starter
  • Renommée: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: April 08, 2014, 07:48:35 PM »
 "The next time, I'll be a sexier swimming suit"

Ha... Those Marcia love points, hahahaha.
 Not too eventful chapter, we get a quick update of what most major characters are doing, and we are also told clearly which is the time limit that Maruo has to bet everything (5 months, I think).

Offline MagicWafflez

• J-Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: April 08, 2014, 02:26:49 PM »
why did his mom stare at him? HE LOOKS EXACTLY THE SAME!

~I love Takuma's face when he was getting his picture taken xD

Offline vaiowega

• J-Regular
  • 100% Recyclable
    • View Profile
    • One Piece Trad
« Reply #327 on: April 08, 2014, 07:17:25 AM »
Chapter 294 (WSM #19):

Offline MagicWafflez

• J-Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: April 07, 2014, 04:39:15 PM »
Nah, I just thought that you expected someone to post links for the anime (we only share raw manga uploads here), that's all. :XD:

Other than that, you're absolutely in the right place if you want to share any thoughts about Baby Steps, the rather low activity of the topic is another matter, though.

And since you were talking about the anime, I just watched the 1st episode, it was fun to watch because I love the manga but I can't help feeling quite disappointed, qualitywise... It looked cheap and poorly animated, really a bottom-end shonen anime. :dark:

BTW I already posted a link for volume 29 ;)

ah so you were the one~ thank you~♪!
 :pushup:

yeah the animation on the ball during the match wasn't very smooth... it kind of lacks the intensity I expected from baby step's tennis. 
I do like how they animated swings though, it looks like they spent a lot of time seeing how the rackets should be positioned and hit: slices and forespins look utterly different, and you can tell which sort of shot was hit at which point--WHICH IS PERFECT FOR THIS SERIES!
I'm really happy with that :D
:wakuwaku:
They also did a good job of moving the players from one hit into the other in the rally. Which made it look more like a real tennis match...

Also, I started rereading agian today and I noticed that all the scenes were almost exactly the same, with the exception of maruo's mom, is a bazillion times better than what they did to Ao no Exorcist.

Though those few things obviously came at the expense of the animation budget =_=;;;
 I agree think they skimped on the character design budget somewhat and that does make it look really really cheap.
did you see miyagawa face when maruo was looking at his notes xD his whole head... I just... jeez.
though we do have a main character with a rooster haircut so I can't be too mad at them.
 :XD:

Offline vaiowega

• J-Regular
  • 100% Recyclable
    • View Profile
    • One Piece Trad
« Reply #325 on: April 07, 2014, 03:33:00 PM »
Nah, I just thought that you expected someone to post links for the anime (we only share raw manga uploads here), that's all. :XD:

Other than that, you're absolutely in the right place if you want to share any thoughts about Baby Steps, the rather low activity of the topic is another matter, though.

And since you were talking about the anime, I just watched the 1st episode, it was fun to watch because I love the manga but I can't help feeling quite disappointed, qualitywise... It looked cheap and poorly animated, really a bottom-end shonen anime. :dark:

BTW I already posted a link for volume 29 ;)

Offline MagicWafflez

• J-Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: April 07, 2014, 05:56:25 AM »
You won't find anything to leech here (raws or subs), this topic is only for discussing and sharing manga raws.

BTW, 1st episode is already subbed and easy to find. ;)
hm... no wonder this thread never updates... I thought it was a fan thread;
you know like the Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei one where people are always posting links to new promotional videos or images, debating/discussing character plot points, AND THE FACT THAT THE ANIME IS COMING OUT
I'm glad that it's not because babysteps isn't popular,
 I want it to be licenced soon
  :nwc:

Outside of explaining to me why noone is talking about babysteps, tennis, or the FACT THAT IT JUST GOT A FREAKING ANIME,
:imc:
I don't really understand your comment's usefulness. It mostly just felt like you said "there's nothing for you here, get out leecher!"
which... I don't know...

in any case, thanks for the information, I'll look harder.
 :trala:

Offline vaiowega

• J-Regular
  • 100% Recyclable
    • View Profile
    • One Piece Trad
« Reply #323 on: April 07, 2014, 05:16:21 AM »
You won't find anything to leech here (raws or subs), this topic is only for discussing and sharing manga raws.

BTW, 1st episode is already subbed and easy to find. ;)

Offline MagicWafflez

• J-Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: April 07, 2014, 05:13:00 AM »
today's the day right?
Uggg... no ones posted it yet and it aired 4 and a half hours ago U_U

I'm soooo excited :p!ssed:

Offline MagicWafflez

• J-Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: April 02, 2014, 01:40:11 PM »
It comes down to his decision what he wants to do and when he wants to turn pro. If he wants to go for the best of the best for him, then he probably needs to leave Japan like Ike, join IMG, get into the highest program offered, get coached by the best, and go against the top athletes by participating in high ranked tournaments.

If he picks to go to college or join a company in Japan, then Kanto and Nationals are a possibilities, but that's a detour and waste of his talent. He'll probably be better off going for Open tournaments to get higher JTA points to better his status within Japan.

And not many Japanese tournaments give out ATP points so he'll have a hard time trying to participate into bigger international tournaments if he stays in Japan.

In reality those that went international and succeeded usually went further in ranks in their careers than others, such as Shuzo Matsuoka that went to America at the age of 18 broke the highest ATP rank for a Japanese with a rank of 46 in 1992 and Kei Nishikori ranked 11 in 2013. Kei also went to IMG at the age of 13 and stayed with the highest program offered by IMG (compared to other Japanese players that couldn't keep up with the program and eventually dropped out from IMG. those are currently wondering around the 100-300 ranks). He still resides in Florida and is involved with IMG.

Eiichiro's next obstacle is to stay healthy with the upcoming multiple matches. Although he trained for it, he currently is exhausted with all the training and matches, and currently only have a few days to be ready for another beating. And then he has another obstacle of getting a sponsor. So there's more to tell from the author.

actually now that I read all of that, I realized that he's going to graduate this year...
year 1: knocked out first game
year 2: knocked out by nabae first round of kanto
year 3: this one

Offline kaigai

• J-Member
  • Renommée: 32
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: April 01, 2014, 04:47:30 PM »
noooooo I don't mean right now... I mean next year... like kanto and nationals and stuff

It comes down to his decision what he wants to do and when he wants to turn pro. If he wants to go for the best of the best for him, then he probably needs to leave Japan like Ike, join IMG, get into the highest program offered, get coached by the best, and go against the top athletes by participating in high ranked tournaments.

If he picks to go to college or join a company in Japan, then Kanto and Nationals are a possibilities, but that's a detour and waste of his talent. He'll probably be better off going for Open tournaments to get higher JTA points to better his status within Japan.

And not many Japanese tournaments give out ATP points so he'll have a hard time trying to participate into bigger international tournaments if he stays in Japan.

In reality those that went international and succeeded usually went further in ranks in their careers than others, such as Shuzo Matsuoka that went to America at the age of 18 broke the highest ATP rank for a Japanese with a rank of 46 in 1992 and Kei Nishikori ranked 11 in 2013. Kei also went to IMG at the age of 13 and stayed with the highest program offered by IMG (compared to other Japanese players that couldn't keep up with the program and eventually dropped out from IMG. those are currently wondering around the 100-300 ranks). He still resides in Florida and is involved with IMG.

Eiichiro's next obstacle is to stay healthy with the upcoming multiple matches. Although he trained for it, he currently is exhausted with all the training and matches, and currently only have a few days to be ready for another beating. And then he has another obstacle of getting a sponsor. So there's more to tell from the author.

Offline MagicWafflez

• J-Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: April 01, 2014, 01:32:27 PM »
Don't think he has time. In one of the chapters, he said he has only 1 more week before returning to Japan and his preliminary starts right after.

noooooo I don't mean right now... I mean next year... like kanto and nationals and stuff

Offline vaiowega

• J-Regular
  • 100% Recyclable
    • View Profile
    • One Piece Trad
« Reply #318 on: April 01, 2014, 07:38:31 AM »
Bawahaha.

:wahaha: