Funds $0 | Needed $120
Like the community? Enjoy reading manga?
Then click on the small donation banner! Thx!

0%

Author Topic: Immortal Regis - vol 01-06+ / Cavalier of the Abyss vol 08-16+  (Read 147988 times)

Offline TY

• J-Regular
  • Renommée: 2
    • View Profile
Re: Immortal Regis - vol 01-06+ / Cavalier of the Abyss vol 08-16+
« Reply #707 on: September 17, 2018, 12:40:17 AM »
But Juder is only the artist of COTA, yes? I doubt they would make connections when the plot/creation of COTA itself belongs to another person. They probably drew some inspiration from it in that case which is why it would be similar. But that's only my take on it lol.

Yeah Juder is just the artist of Cavailer of the abyss while being the Author/Artist for Lilith Cord. Unless, them and the author have a cool relationship that they would allowed Juder to somewhat link the webtoon they made to this Manwha I see it as Juder just taking inspiration from themselves.

Offline nicool

• J-Starter
  • Renommée: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #706 on: September 16, 2018, 06:29:52 PM »
Wow,
so is there any possibility that COTA shares the same world setting as Lilith's Cord?

(Since Osky's world is similar to the midworld in Lilith's Cord....Maybe there are some connections between them.

But Juder is only the artist of COTA, yes? I doubt they would make connections when the plot/creation of COTA itself belongs to another person. They probably drew some inspiration from it in that case which is why it would be similar. But that's only my take on it lol.

Offline robinish1212

• J-Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #705 on: September 16, 2018, 10:51:22 AM »
Wow,
so is there any possibility that COTA shares the same world setting as Lilith's Cord?

(Since Osky's world is similar to the midworld in Lilith's Cord....Maybe there are some connections between them.

Offline theredhaze

• Tall, Dark and pretty average looking.
  • J-Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #704 on: September 16, 2018, 06:44:57 AM »
Juder basically did an info dump in the last few chapters.
The stars are interesting when people were going on about how caladbolg was Chaos in immortal Regis and the early Cota they technically weren't wrong. I bet that's why magic is so much harder and finding powerful and skilled magicians on Chaos is so difficult now, because when they split caladbolg apart sealed the pieces then drove what was left off world the residents of chaos can no longer receive Cal's "blessing" which I think amounts to children born under his influence on a world can absorb his power so have a much greater magical capacity later on in life.

But now that Caladbolg's power no longer covers or cloaks Chaos or like a membrane; or maybe he was possessing the planet kind of like a reality marble from the Type Moon universe like Shiro/Archer's Unlimited blade works, or probably more like a Shard from Sanderson's The Cosmere books like Honour/ Odium or Preservation/ Ruin when they decide to make an investiture of their essence/power into a world that they currently inhabit which tends to grant some of the creatures and peoples living there a certain brand of magic I think the Stars are like that.

On a side note the image that juder draws to show a random star during Cal's lecture to Siana is very similar almost exactly the same as the one used in Lilith's Cord when they talk about the Gods and the first generation of angels. Also you're right he takes Semek as proof of contract.

Offline theredhaze

• J-Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #703 on: September 16, 2018, 05:45:13 AM »
The reason the "Star" that becomes Xix wants to contract with Serin is to gain a foothold on chaos, at the end of chapter 144 he asks her if she wants to form a contract with him then says "I'll change my fate"; he tells her that he has travelled all around the world and that he likes ”this place” but that it's hard to get a foothold because chaos was already claimed by another, so until she let's him become her son only then will he listen to her request/wishes.

At the start of 145 Serin is recounting the same story in the flashback to Siana from her perspective it opens with Serin saying/thinking "at that moment I realized" "there is no hope/salvation other than taking his hand" Siana then interjects "star? who would believe that" Serin says really to which Siana questions how does that work?. Caladbolg comes in and comments then Siana asks him what the hell a star is. Cal goes that "its hard to explain", but "when an enormous amount of energy amalgamates /gathers/mixes for a very long time sometimes it evolves a consciousness giving birth to a transcendent being; I think?" Siana: "You think?" Cal: "A star doesn't know where they come from or where they are going, they're worlds/dimensions/universes unto themselves and they can control everything about and within themselves like time, life and destiny. Because of this a star that comes to a world can exercise it's omnipotence on that world" Siana: "That's like..." Cal: "Yes. A God." then "Caladbolg used to be such a being". Caladbolg then questions Serin about other stars and if she's meet any then tries to offer her a drink Serin refuses, then Cal asks her what she promised the star Serin doesn't answer him.
Back to flashback. Serin: "... A star?" Star Xix " Yes I'm really/literally a star" later in the conversation Serin "...so you want to become a resident of chaos?" Star Xix "Yes I'll abandon everything to live in this world" he then starts to vent/ eject his power, memories etc it seems he also takes a fragment of the vented power and places it into infant siana whose cheeks go from pale to rosy, after he finishes his ranting and crying and tells Serin that he is now Xix, Serin tells him to "Save them, save Nex."

Offline dude54312

• J-Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #702 on: September 15, 2018, 11:41:03 PM »
Does anyone have to full cover page of chapter 133 where Nex, Serin, and their children is together smiling in one page? Since the colored page is cut in half in the English scans? The one where its says "The Dream Everyone Sought of". The full page one.

Please and thank you if anyone has it.

Offline TY

• J-Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #701 on: September 15, 2018, 11:10:25 PM »
So was anything explained on why the "star" person who later became Xix took an interest in Serin and wanting to become her child?

I'm very sure Semek was used as an contract item for him becoming "Xix" which is why Xix had Semek on him , but I wonder why did he decide to do that.

Offline theredhaze

• J-Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #700 on: September 15, 2018, 07:24:58 PM »
From the looks of things Cal, Oski and Xix are god like beings called Stars. They travel from world to world sometimes they may settle on or claim a world; to interfere in or take a significant part in that world's affairs they need to have rules or restrictions enforced upon them like Caladbolg's need for a certain type of body (in this case a human), or Xix's need to take someone's name and assume that person's fate/destiny. Not sure what Oski's is or if he even has 1 since this is just a theory, also seems like the stars links to the world their on also has something to do with their unique abilities like Caladbolg being able to influence/control the minds of others who aren't his host species wonder what Xix's and Oski's are?

Offline theredhaze

• J-Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #699 on: September 15, 2018, 07:07:57 PM »
Basically after Serin sees the boy transform into Noche, she asks who the hell are you? The boy says he doesn't like introducing himself; as he has no name but that he is a "star" he says he met 2 other stars on that world he thinks their names are Caladbolg (the black Noche silhouette) and Oski (the white silhouette boy with crow).  That's chapter 144.

In 145 Serin realises that the boy can read her mind after the boy asks her if she's sad that she can't save her other child. He tells her that her children (maybe just ninurta) and he loved ones (Nex) will die soon in the future he knows it because he can see destiny/fate; he says he can't change their fate as he is now, so she should make him her child then he can help. Serin becomes weary/cautious of him; he displays a little of his power for her then inserts some of his power into baby Siana to stop her from dying? not sure. Serin decides to make a deal with him after that by grasping his hand after that the boy starts crying, going on about how "the air and sky are so blue" and "this will be the world that he lives in from now on" then says to Serin that he is "now her son Xix". Flashback ends and back to the present everyone except Oski is shocked with Xix stock still going "What?"

Some details may be jumbled as I read 143 to 145 all at the same time

Offline Davy Jones

• J-Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #698 on: September 15, 2018, 04:43:38 PM »
Still not exactly sure what the deal with Serin and that child is and how it led to Xix. Though with this chapter I guess we finally know how Sianna, Ninurta, and "Xix" were born. I remember years ago people theorized that Serin had an illegitimate child with Caladbolg, I think I speak for a lot of us when I say I'm glad that wasn't the case.

Offline Jack13

• J-Starter
  • A guys who love manga and anime
    • View Profile
« Reply #697 on: September 15, 2018, 03:55:30 PM »
so xix is......???????????????????????????????????????

Offline dude54312

• J-Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #696 on: September 15, 2018, 12:35:47 PM »
Seems like the secret of the birth is out.

Offline Beel

• J-Recruit
  • Renommée: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #695 on: September 15, 2018, 10:28:18 AM »
Ch. 144

Sorry, please read the forum rules to see why you can't view spoilers and why you can't post in this forum section. Thank you!

Ch. 145 Cam

Sorry, please read the forum rules to see why you can't view spoilers and why you can't post in this forum section. Thank you!

Offline dude54312

• J-Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #694 on: September 14, 2018, 10:39:01 PM »
The raw for cavalier of the abyss 145 is out on ridibooks.

Offline dude54312

• J-Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #693 on: September 14, 2018, 05:52:58 PM »
The Spoilers for chapter 145 are out

Offline robinish1212

• J-Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #692 on: September 10, 2018, 09:28:07 AM »
Serin eyes are green, Nex eyes are brown.

Siana has green eyes

Xix has green eyes

Calabolg has Blue Eyes

Ninurta has Blye Eyes

There's some devilry happening.

Noche is an undead,he has red eyes.
Nex is an undead,he also has red eyes.

So maybe their eye colours changed after turning into an undead.(Maybe Chae Jae-Hyuk's eyes were originally blue.....

Offline Malevolo

• J-Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #691 on: September 09, 2018, 01:19:21 PM »
Serin eyes are green, Nex eyes are brown.

Siana has green eyes

Xix has green eyes

Calabolg has Blue Eyes

Ninurta has Blye Eyes

There's some devilry happening.

Offline Beel

• J-Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #690 on: September 09, 2018, 09:08:07 AM »

Offline Mirrors02

• J-Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #689 on: September 07, 2018, 11:08:33 PM »
Ninurta was taken by Iffrita last chapter, Serin apparently gave birth to Siana while on the run from those mercenaries and Xix's origins are still unknown. I think Xix has something to do with this new character as he is called a "lost fallen star" at one point and this new character apparently has something to do with a star. He or she(not sure about this character's gender) also asks Serin for a contract and also asks her to "take him/her as a child". I'm assuming this somehow leads to Xix. Keep in mind I'm mostly relying google translate so stuff is a bit confusing. I guess we'll find out for sure next chapter.

The child might be Xix himself. Probably Ninurta was supposed to be called Xix, this child appears right at the scene where
 Serin says "I'm sorry Xix, I couldn't save you"while having Siana in her arms, which Xix  said he remembers, in that chapter where Serin's father takes him to see her in the seal. Considering what you translated, Serin probably called the star Xix, while Iffrita called the real Xix as Ninurta, just because lol

Offline dude54312

• J-Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #688 on: September 02, 2018, 01:09:18 PM »
To be fair you can't blame Nex, considering all thats happened to him. If someone you love stab you in the back and run away would you be very leneient to the person who did it?

Offline atriedes

• J-Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #687 on: September 02, 2018, 12:39:19 PM »
This is so tragic. We still have a long way to go, to the point she will be inhumanely imprisoned and punished by Nex himself.

Offline Davy Jones

• J-Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #686 on: September 01, 2018, 07:25:54 PM »
This makes no sense. There is only one child, Siana. We're missing two more.

Ninurta was taken by Iffrita last chapter, Serin apparently gave birth to Siana while on the run from those mercenaries and Xix's origins are still unknown. I think Xix has something to do with this new character as he is called a "lost fallen star" at one point and this new character apparently has something to do with a star. He or she(not sure about this character's gender) also asks Serin for a contract and also asks her to "take him/her as a child". I'm assuming this somehow leads to Xix. Keep in mind I'm mostly relying google translate so stuff is a bit confusing. I guess we'll find out for sure next chapter.

Offline MknR Rec

• J-Regular
  • Renommée: 238
  • PM/email open only 4 applications.Globe 4 updates.
    • View Profile
    • Status
« Reply #685 on: September 01, 2018, 06:48:08 PM »
This makes no sense. There is only one child, Siana. We're missing two more.

Offline dude54312

• J-Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #684 on: September 01, 2018, 05:06:21 PM »
God this chapter was so heartbreaking. Nex and Serin both suffered so much. Dam Nex was in tears, poor guy. If the author has any conscience let Nex and Serin reunite with each other in the end and be happy forever.

Offline Davy Jones

• J-Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #683 on: September 01, 2018, 02:20:52 PM »
Thanks for the chapters as usual. I have a feeling the plot is going to get even more confusing now.

Offline Jack13

• J-Starter
  • A guys who love manga and anime
    • View Profile
« Reply #682 on: September 01, 2018, 02:02:04 PM »
poor nex and poor serin :cant-reach:

Offline Beel

• J-Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #681 on: September 01, 2018, 07:31:51 AM »
Ch. 144 Cam

Ch. 143

Offline dude54312

• J-Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #680 on: September 01, 2018, 02:15:22 AM »
Cavalier of the Abyss chapter 144 is released on D champ, the link is here https://ridibooks.com/v2/Detail?id=847000043&_s=ins&_q=%2525EC%2525B1%252594%2525ED%252594%252584.

Spoilers will be out soon.

Offline dude54312

• J-Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #679 on: August 27, 2018, 03:31:14 AM »
Hi everyone if you love Cavalier of the Abyss and want more English scans please help us find a Korean translator will to translate this series for BAPSCANS. The Korean translator that did chapter 136 and 137 for BAPSCANS quit due to personal reasons. Once chapter 137 is released on BAPSCANS the series will go on hiatus. That's why if anyone loves Cavalier of the Abyss please help BAPSCANS find some Korean translators that is willing to translate the series.

Contact BAPSCANS if you're interested in translating Cavalier of the Abyss. Once again Please help us find a Korean translator that is willing to translate Cavalier of the Abyss if you love Cavalier of the abyss.

Offline alyssnai

• J-Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #678 on: August 25, 2018, 12:36:39 AM »
LOL oh my god, so many things makes sense now. Did she maybe somehow implanted those horns on an undead child, hence taking over Noah clan's characteristics??  :stabby:
AFTER OVER TWO YEARS!  WE'RE SO CLOSE! :banzai: