Funds $0 | Needed $120
Like the community? Enjoy reading manga?
Then click on the small donation banner! Thx!

0%

Author Topic: Winny Club Offtopic - Chat here :)  (Read 18134 times)

Offline ramenchef

• J-Recruit
  • Renommée: 40
    • View Profile
Re: NEW Search Feature
« Reply #32 on: September 28, 2013, 07:10:48 PM »
What sources are included in the CSE?

Offline silverado

• Administrator
  • J-Titan
  • Renommée: 400
    • View Profile
    • Manga Underground
NEW jCafe Raw Manga Search Engine !!!
« Reply #31 on: September 27, 2013, 11:43:30 PM »
I added a new search feature for your convenience comprising of the best raw sources, so that you can access all of them from jCafe.

If you miss sources and want to add them, post them here!
If you see any problems or the search breaking the layout, just let me know!

Offline Ominae

• J-Hero
  • Renommée: 31
    • View Profile
Re: @Scanlators - What do you do to recruit people?
« Reply #30 on: September 20, 2013, 03:05:12 AM »
Thanks a lot. I've tried it now.

Offline silverado

• Administrator
  • J-Titan
    • View Profile
    • Manga Underground
« Reply #29 on: September 19, 2013, 06:54:56 PM »
Nope, doesn't require a sign up.

Offline Ominae

• J-Hero
  • Renommée: 31
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 19, 2013, 06:29:40 AM »
I need to ask if AJ requires a signup before I post there?  :huh:

Offline ProfWilliam

• J-Starter
  • Renommée: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Special Raw Manga Upload Forum and Request Topic?
« Reply #27 on: September 11, 2013, 01:21:53 AM »
Hello Everyone!

Someone scanlating the manga nem: Doll's Fall? I cant find the raws...

Offline Aereus

• J-Recruit
  • Renommée: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 30, 2013, 06:00:56 PM »
I've got Evening magazine issues 2013-11 through 2013-24, and 2014-01 if anyone needs something out of there. Getting a subscription atm, so I should have every issue from here on out. Donations for import costs would be appreciated though, if possible.

Offline silverado

• Administrator
  • J-Titan
    • View Profile
    • Manga Underground
« Reply #25 on: July 13, 2013, 10:40:57 AM »
Yeah.

Offline Zergt

• J-Regular
  • Renommée: 46
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 13, 2013, 08:22:28 AM »
and is animejobber also "available" for international scanlation groups ?

Offline silverado

• Administrator
  • J-Titan
    • View Profile
    • Manga Underground
« Reply #23 on: June 30, 2013, 05:55:42 AM »
That's good to hear. Feel free to include animejobber into your recruitment pages, the more people use it, the easier it becomes for you guys to find staff!

Offline [Cross]

• J-Member
  • Banchou
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 30, 2013, 12:34:51 AM »
I used to go around sites to look for people, particularly sites like this one, mangahelpers, mangaupdates, etc. I usually lurk around to see if anyone is interested in certain things that I might have for them. But that got tiring after a while, so now I'm basically just sticking to recruitment pages. I'm not entirely sure how recruiting can improve, per se, the whole community seems a bit too fragmented to do what I used to do. I did use AnimeJobber in the past though, and it was pretty neat, so I'm glad to see that you're starting it up again.

Offline kurio

• J-Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 28, 2013, 01:27:47 PM »
Recruitment pages usually work pretty well for the big group I admin, but we usually get people with little to no experience, which can be a pain.

For my semi-solo project (I have been someone doing the cleaning for me but the rest I do myself), I posted on mangaupdates asking for a cleaner, and got exactly one offer which turned out pretty well, and then I got a random email later on offering for help just as the original person got too busy. Both of these people had experience, so I guess the a solo group (me) doing an interesting if nice manga not actively looking for help can get some good volunteers.

I mostly wish our group had a reasonable way to manage our recruitment. It's better to have people who work at certain jobs do the recruitment for those jobs, since they're more familiar with what's necessary, but our primary method (shared email) ends up just being a mess, especially when there's staff turnover.

Offline silverado

• Administrator
  • J-Titan
    • View Profile
    • Manga Underground
@Scanlators - What do you do to recruit people?
« Reply #20 on: June 25, 2013, 07:52:11 PM »
I was wondering if you do anything else besides adding recruitment pages in your works?

I have recently relaunched Animejobber after the server got shut down 3 years ago.

Now we have a more stable working environment and I was wondering if things have changed?

Post your opinions, ideas and improvements on how you think recruiting should be made more effectively.

silv

Founder of Manga Underground Scanlation Group, jCafe, Animejobber

Offline SummerRaine

• J-Starter
  • Renommée: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 14, 2013, 04:53:34 AM »
Er, so I'm gonna forget about my pride now and be the first (?) to apply/ask for the "scanlator raw requests" idea to take place, because...well, I'm the founder of a scanlation group and would like to request for raws. This would be particularly amazing for us since we're a new group and lack a raw provider.

Info
Sorry, please read the forum rules to see why you can't view spoilers and why you can't post in this forum section. Thank you!

Offline Ryunii

• 毎晩 ごご 10時に JAV を 見ます。
  • J-Legend
  • Renommée: 142
  • Care to see some Elephant dance ?
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 24, 2013, 08:08:15 AM »
Well for anyone who want more infor about the torrent alternative, i have created sometimes ago a thread about that. So here we go : Private Tracker for RAW Materials!!!!

Want more information ask here!

Offline y3kcjd5

• J-Hardcore
  • Renommée: 159
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 23, 2013, 06:44:41 AM »
I have to say that I think adding another tier of access would probably only divide our resources and stifle sharing in the process. The only way I could see something like this helping is if (a) a main cause of link expiration is people sharng/reporting links and (b) whatever measures we take ensure that the previous no longer occurs. At present, I'm not sure that (a) is really a significant factor (it would seem that file hosts and their time limits are of far more import), and I can't see anything that would definitely ensure (b) while still allowing the proverbial cream of the crop through.

P.S. Talk about the novel section reminded me that I don't see a dead topics section there, and I think we need one if we plan to keep the manga and novel sections separate. As it is now I either have to toss them into the manga dead topics section or (as I've done so far) leave them where they are.

Offline Andrew85

• J-Hero
  • Renommée: 69
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 22, 2013, 10:54:58 PM »
 If there is a intention to add something, I think a single informational topic about incomplete raws (without covers, with missing or corrupted pages) would be better. Especially for novel section since it's sometimes hard to tell if something is missing among all the scans with text.

I don't mind using torrent for raws, since I already use several semi- or fully private trackers and I try to keep BitTorrent client working at all times to seed at least up to fivefold of downloaded. But trackers (or their forums, to be precise) differs greatly by structure: upload specifications, search system, quality control (we talk about private tracker, isn't it?), ratings, groups, rewards, etc. So while I'm in for the overall idea, it's details that will matter in the end.

Offline DarkDooM

• Godfather of jCafe
  • J-Titan
  • Renommée: 2492
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 22, 2013, 10:05:08 PM »
Honestly I don't know what use such a restricted forum would have ^^

Regarding a Request and Upload Topic for scanlators only, I don't know if there's much request from the scanlators' side but it can't hurt either way. Also, maybe a (restricted(?)) topic for sharing raw sources with each other could be a good idea.

Btw, using a P2P program like silverado suggested or a private tracker like Ryunii said wouldn't be a bad idea.
Though I don't know much about those kinda programs and have never used them to upload stuff before :hot:

Offline Ryunii

• 毎晩 ごご 10時に JAV を 見ます。
  • J-Legend
  • Renommée: 142
  • Care to see some Elephant dance ?
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 18, 2013, 08:17:14 PM »
Anyone ever considered using torrent to share RAW material? i mean Private tracker not just any open "leech and run" tracker? I have more details if people are interested in this idea.

Offline Zergt

• J-Regular
  • Renommée: 46
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 18, 2013, 07:52:39 PM »
Let me say (write) something... I think that's not a good idea... useless is better! why ? since, all uploader here don't use Share or PD, they take the raws from other website our grap it from official online reader... a lot of topic and links died or are dying since the retiring of Renegade... and scanlators... lol... they scanlate shojo, and kawai stuff... bitch please, some great manga are here... their links died and no one care for a reup even if we ask for it! that's all!

Sorry for bad english ^^ 

Offline Animeraider

• Yes, I am THAT Animeraider
  • Winny Club Premium Uploader
  • J-Legend
  • Renommée: 1943
  • I live in a pub-crawl through Roppongi in my mind
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 18, 2013, 07:03:17 AM »
@stelok: I can't speak for others, but I never cared about that. All I ever asked is that people own their own links. If you post it, you have to upload it yourself.

I may take this discussion in a new direction in a couple of days - I'm still working out what I need to do. I'll keep you posted.

Offline Andrew85

• J-Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 18, 2013, 05:03:08 AM »
I wonder if the original uploaders would be displeased to know downloaders like me have re-uploaded their scanned raws into new links without their permission, after the original links died.
Hmm, I thought that's the whole idea that anyone could (and even encouraged) to re-upload expired files. I think even re-uploading on another host while initial links still working isn't such a problem (more of a waste of time) if not explicitly said otherwise (for statistical reason, for example). Grievance usually take place when somebody else's links simply copied and placed somewhere else.

Offline Callaghan

• J-Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2013, 09:39:30 PM »
I think that raws are meant to be shared, they must be accessible to everyone not just scanlators or a few members.

Offline stelok

• J-Regular
  • Renommée: 15
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2013, 09:32:16 PM »
I wonder if the original uploaders would be displeased to know downloaders like me have re-uploaded their scanned raws into new links without their permission, after the original links died.

Offline jimbo_08

• sleeping
  • J-Recruit
  • Renommée: 18
  • taking a nap
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2013, 03:49:34 AM »
My thoughts would be this would just be limited and singling people out.  Uploaders help others by getting the manga our there for others.  This helps people who are searching for raws that want to use it for scanlating or reading.   Sometimes those raw gets lost due to file host dying or the community changes. people come and go.  raw scanners stop due to reasons such as japan cracking down on them. ( a lot of  share, perfectdark, winny people disappeared during that period)  There is many ways but all we can do find what is missing and help fill in the spot.  Perhaps have a little forum for what is missing.  There is my thought on it.

Also I would agree with Andrew85 post.

Anyways I been with this place since it was a tiny blog named manga underground that was a long long time ago.....

Offline silverado

• Administrator
  • J-Titan
    • View Profile
    • Manga Underground
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2013, 03:35:50 AM »
My thoughts there are two ways to share stuff with each other.

P2P or free file host. It basically is a forum where you can talk about the things and exchange access information among yourselfs and help coordinate sharing.

Offline Andrew85

• J-Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2013, 03:06:09 AM »
 I would like to ask for more details.

About uploaders' restricted forum:
- What's the exact conditions to be considered highly active uploader? For now it looks like only a dozen people (at most) would fit the criteria.
- What method will be used for uploads? Many uploaders rely on free filehosters and the less people use links the faster they'll expire.
- How this uploads would be connected to the main Winny section? Will links (part of it, maybe) be reposted here (which mean additional load for uploaders) or will it be "inner club only"-thing (in that case Winny may be closed soon after, not many generals can act on two fronts)? Or it'd be like, HQ-uploads for new forum and LQ for Winny? Even more work (meaningless, imo).
- How exactly this forum helps with the problem of missing chapters and volumes to complete series? Some uploaders will share their darkest secrets secret sources and others will use them to make uploads?
- All in all what is the exact goal for this forum?

About scanlators' Request and Upload Topic. I've seen scanlations, which claimed jcafe24 or uploaders from here as Raw-providers. How new topic would make the difference, considering that most of the time uploads here isn't initial (files comes from japanese p2p-networks and chinese sites)? For example, I downloaded LQ raw (jpeg, artifacts, low resolution; if not just camrip). What can I do to make it better, if I'm not original scanner and I can't re-scan it in PSD files with high resolution? Or is it that uploaders will just specifically search for raws for scanlators? Then what's the reason for PM-only if they will search for certain manga anyway? If HQ scanlators wary of speedscan groups or scanlators-"interceptors" I think some kind of delay rule (like a week after release) would be enough.

Offline silverado

• Administrator
  • J-Titan
    • View Profile
    • Manga Underground
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2013, 02:42:11 AM »
It could be on invitation or depending on renomee. The current winny club will NOT be affected. It will be just another sub forum for the uploaders.

Offline kainord

• J-Hero
  • Renommée: 21
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2013, 02:35:38 AM »
So what if we create a restricted forum for highly active uploaders only?

Can you give a little more detail what you mean by that?

Offline Animeraider

• Yes, I am THAT Animeraider
  • Winny Club Premium Uploader
  • J-Legend
  • Renommée: 1943
  • I live in a pub-crawl through Roppongi in my mind
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2013, 01:55:23 AM »
I might be willing to jump into that  :wahaha: