Funds $11 | Needed $120
Like the community? Enjoy reading manga?
Then click on the small donation banner! Thx!

13%

Author Topic: What would you say to a Alien if you see one?  (Read 1330 times)

Offline Zaphrias

• J-Starter
  • Renommée: 1
    • View Profile
Re: What would you say to a Alien if you see one?
« Reply #11 on: January 26, 2017, 12:34:26 PM »
Do you want to come over for dinner?

Offline a simple person

• J-Recruit
  • Renommée: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 20, 2014, 12:00:02 PM »
... ... ... Horny alien with numerous members????

Pray you are not his type

Offline tonyorobsky

• Expert of the 9 ancestral arts
  • J-Addict
  • Renommée: 41
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2014, 05:16:35 AM »
1. Intelligent Aliens?
    Try not to sound stupid.

2. Hungry Aliens?
    I'm dead.

3. Doppelganger Aliens?
    Freak out.

4. Friendly (Tourist) Aliens?
    Point them to the nearest (any) embassy.

... ... ... Horny alien with numerous members????

Offline mttorresca

• J-Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2014, 11:54:14 AM »
Same as Id say to a ghost, "if youre here to take me, prepare for a hell of a fight"

Offline Madjclaw

• J-Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2014, 12:16:11 PM »
Hello!!!
 I'd say: "run for your life!!! CIA killed the last tourist!! (RIP Roswell)   :cant-reach:

Offline doki doki

• J-Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2014, 01:46:46 AM »
1. Intelligent Aliens?
    Try not to sound stupid.

2. Hungry Aliens?
    I'm dead.

3. Doppelganger Aliens?
    Freak out.

4. Friendly (Tourist) Aliens?
    Point them to the nearest (any) embassy.

Offline BlockHead

• J-Hardcore
  • Renommée: 11
  • Don't mind me
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2014, 12:11:32 PM »
"Wrong day guy, Halloween is on 31st October. And park yourself somewhere else or cops will arrest you."

If i see a Alien, i won't realize it. Because that means that no astronauts, governments, or any alien maniacs saw it coming from space... And here he will be in front of me jiggling and stuff...   :shakeit: :tssss:

Offline insight096

• J-Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2014, 02:16:44 PM »
Hm, I don't really know the truth behind alien encounters so you may be right that if it did happen it won't be the first time. Maybe they have been studying us for a long time and maybe some do it from far away like we do when we pickup radio signals and light waves from space. I do wonder sometimes how some of the technology that we take for granted like the storage device inside a 5GB USB memory stick are thought up in the first place.

The reason I asked 'What would you say to a Alien if you see one?' is because it's important to explore and grasp all the ramifications that this encounter would signify. I know many of us would think of trying to to make contact and if it's friendly, communicate with it. But perhaps the question is, should you try and initiate first contact? Why and Why not? Is the benefit outweigh the risks? and what would you make you judge if it's a good idea to approach it? (the blindman's test?)

It'll be interesting to see what you guys think. A bit of a brain twister this. What other ramifications can you think of?

Offline tonyorobsky

• Expert of the 9 ancestral arts
  • J-Addict
  • Renommée: 41
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2014, 08:24:31 PM »
If I encounter a life form I don't recognise, a life form that doesn't have enough similarities with the earthling life form I know of:
I would first think it must be a mutant (quite advanced stage of mutation compared to natural evolution), and then maybe I would consider the possibility of alien life form

1- I would observe it while keeping a security distance of around 20 meters... Well, it depends on its size (here let's assume it's human sized), its members (does it look like it can run or does it crawl, or can it fly) where we are when we meet, wether it is on open field (40 meters minimun for security distance) or in a forest, or in an abandonned building

2- If the creature doesn't move, I would say "hello", or "hola, que tal", or "nihao", maybe, MAYBE, use some small hand gestures.

3-If the creature doesn't react to my words and (MAYBE) hand gestures, I would then use the UNIVERSAL LANGUAGE (if there is anything i can use to write while keeping my distance): PRIME NUMBERS!! I would write the 7 first primes numbers (I wouldn't write it like 2,3, 5, 7, I would write it like that: II  III  IIIII  IIIIIII  IIIIIIIIIII  IIIIIIIIIIIII  IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII  IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII).
If it react and give me at least the next 2 prime numbers, then I think I would have unlocked the achievment "First Communication"

If there is nothing to write, try using sound (like claping your hands) or light signals (with your phone??)

WARNING: Keep in mind that if you meet the alien when he just got out of his space ship, it would be best to start with prime numbers rather than speech and wild hand gestures. I think it's the best way to convey your wish for communication and lack of hostility (and the best way to avoid sounds/movments that may be considered hostile by the alien).

Also, the best way to express agreement or disagreement/interdiction is to use some basic equations (like 1+1=2 to say Yes, and 1+1=3 to say No), also, like I said for the prime numbers, write it in a manner that is easily understandable, don't write it in human language since the alien may not know it

Offline Jump3R

• Shiroyasha|燃えてきたぜ!!|FanBoy/FB|OVER NINE THOUSA~ND posts!|Totally Off The Wall And Crazy (Totwac)|Dragon of the 9 Threads of Spam|Itsumo|Gyarakushia|Jyan|Wiseass| Shogun Obvious|Sweater|Sir Douchebag
  • Global Moderator
  • Galaxia
  • Renommée: 153
  • 真実はいつもひとつ!
    • View Profile
    • FictionPress Acc
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2014, 05:38:34 PM »
First of all - interesting question.
Second - I have better, what makes you think that would be FIRST encounter?

As for the "What shoukd I do? What should I say?" dilema, it would depend on many factors... like how did I recognized it, what was it doing, what was I doing, where did I meet it, when did I meet it, was it hostile or not, how did it look like, and other stuff...
But most definitely I'd say somethng like "Hey, I'm Jump3R, welcome to Earth" but the rest would depend on above mentioned factors...
If it would be obviously hostile and I could manage to deal with it on my own, I'd add sth like "I don't know what you want or if you even understand what I say but in case the reason you came here is something evil I must ask you to get the f*ck off my planet"...
But if it'd be too much for me to handle, I'd try to distract it and get the hell out of there...
N case it'd be somewhat friendly, I'd smile and befriend with it xd

Offline insight096

• J-Recruit
    • View Profile
What would you say to a Alien if you see one?
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2014, 05:07:35 PM »
Since science fiction is a popular topic and alot of great movies are based on it. I would ask, What would you say to a Alien if you see one? or perhaps before doing that, What would you do if you (Manage to) recognize one?

I've always thought it'd be funny if my reaction was running away screaming. And no, it'd be embarrassing enough without me also waving my hands in the air and acting all hysterical and foaming at the mouth.

Jokes aside, you'd never know if this question would come in handy and no, don't laugh! I'm sure you wouldn't want to be the idiot that got this wrong by not paying attention and screw up mankind's first ever Alien encounter.