Funds $0 | Needed $120
Like the community? Enjoy reading manga?
Then click on the small donation banner! Thx!

0%

Author Topic: Files with no extension  (Read 887 times)

Offline Lizaitelo

• LizaiteloMP
  • J-Starter
  • Renommée: 0
    • View Profile
Files with no extension
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2017, 05:46:11 AM »
Ive a few songs in .m4a format that Windows Media Player plays fine on my old XP system but Ive copied them onto my new Vista system and it will not play them. I understand that its a CODEC problem but what must I do to make Windows Media Player on my Vista system play .m4a files? Please, no wisecracks

Offline yogesh.interactive

• J-Starter
    • View Profile
    • cheap led gu10 bulbs
Re: Files with no extension
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2015, 01:23:29 AM »
I don't think it can be happen but as per my small survey i found it is possible in Binary only or you must check your my computer with following steps to check extension.

Go to >> My Computer >> Tools >> Folder Options >> View >> Hide Extension for known file types

Now just click on check box to make it uncheck and then press ok and see extension of files.

Offline prima

• J-Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2014, 09:30:42 PM »
if manga, try .cbz or .cbr

Offline nort

• J-Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2014, 09:48:38 PM »
That could very well be just plain text in some weird encoding. If it's really binary, you still can deduce the right format through file headers. Can you upload the file?

Offline Miguelostos

• Global Moderator
  • Silver Dragon
  • Renommée: 5191
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2014, 07:33:31 AM »
Are you sure there was no extension whatsoever? It could have possibly been a format not recognizable by your computer. It could possibly be an .enc. It's a Japanese file that you'd extract with this program. I could be wrong though
Sorry, please read the forum rules to see why you can't view spoilers and why you can't post in this forum section. Thank you!
Then again, it could very well have been a fake. What was the manga you were searching for?

Offline Horas

• J-Starter
    • View Profile
Files with no extension
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2014, 02:39:20 AM »
I saw a japanese website to download manga which has volumes that were not elsewhere, and because it has direct download and isn't one of those that redirect to other websites and trackers, I decided to give it a try...
Inside each zip file was a file with no extension with the same name and a txt file named 'how to convert'.
The thing is, I can't read its contents. I tried adding the rar and zip extensions to the files, converting them online to rar, opening the txt file with the Word (to turn the gibberish into japanese), convert the gibberish online, search for readable instructions on the website itself, and even searched the web if someone had already the same problem before asking in a forum myself, but nothing worked. Now I'm trying asking here...
Does someone know what to do to a file like that, or is it a scam like in some other websites?  :huh: