Funds $0 | Needed $120
Like the community? Enjoy reading manga?
Then click on the small donation banner! Thx!

0%

Author Topic: Started writing as a hobby  (Read 1034 times)

Offline darknessavery

• J-Starter
  • Renommée: 0
  • HI
    • View Profile
Re: Started writing as a hobby
« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2017, 07:49:03 AM »
 :megane:

Offline Davidzed

• DavidzedSA
  • J-Starter
    • View Profile
    • tvto.ru
Started writing as a hobby
« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2016, 10:10:31 AM »
Sounds good man I once started writing a book, maybe I should start writing that book again. Anyway great job man, keep it up Id love to read more

Offline Quatris

• J-Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2014, 08:08:52 AM »
Ok, I have finally added the 2nd chapter to the google docs link on the first post.
 :RAAHRAAHRU:

I allowed anyone to add comments on the document, however for anything other than grammatical proposes please talk about it here. The only time I check the document is when I need to edit or add a new chapter.
Also thanks Valentin for all the comments they were very helpful.
 :yay:

Offline Quatris

• J-Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2014, 07:27:26 AM »
Hey Sephiron, :hi:

Thanks for reading and glad you liked it.
I do understand the comment about the sentence length my current writing style makes it really difficult for me to not make them as long if you know what I mean lol...I understand that light novels generally have shorter sentences for easy and faster flow, which was my initial attempt, but now it feels like a mix between light novel and a regular novel. Also sorry to disappoint but it gets even a tad more length or so it feels in the 2nd chapter.
:hahaha:

However by the 3rd chapter where things truly start(in my opinion), I'll make sure to work that out when I get there. Anyways I'm almost finished with the 2nd chapter about 9ish pages now and I want to say that it will be finished in a day or two since I really want to start writing the 3rd chapter so I'll keep up a certain pace for now. 
:crybaby2:

Offline Sephiron

• J-Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2014, 06:32:50 AM »
The first page made me think it would be something like SAO or moonlight sculptor, and felt slightly bland. But as I read read on it got more interesting. The setting seems promising :)

P.S. I think you should try keeping sentences shorter. It makes text easier to read and understand.

Offline Quatris

• J-Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2014, 06:08:52 PM »
Hey Thoth,
Thanks for reading the chapter, also about the comment on the beginning I tried to add more descriptions and details however wanted to keep it to the bare minimum. Not only to keep a certain pace but not to reveal certain key points that will be found out later. Currently I'm expecting for the most part everything to be explained by the third chapter. At the beginning my thoughts about the first chapter were that its developing to slow and i wanna just jump into the main story lol...

There are still a lot of topics I need to iron out such as the world map and title haha, but I tried to put enough technicality into the plot as to not leave questions or if a certain part isn't explained it will be later. However if you do spot something be sure to let me know since I might of actually missed something.

As for the time til the next chapter is finished I think I'll be starting it today and I feel like it will be easier to write than the first but won't know until I actually start. Also due to this being a hobby my pace will depend on my urge to write. Anyways thanks again for reading it and look forward to the development.

:hi:

Offline Thoth

• J-Recruit
  • Renommée: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2014, 09:48:32 AM »
Ok where to begin:
First, it was very interesting and at the same time random as I dont know what. I feel you should add bit more to the beginning and not just have the girl appear in the middle of no where with dinosaurs.  But if you keep doing well it should turn into a fine book.

Thoth

Offline Quatris

• J-Starter
    • View Profile
Started writing as a hobby
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2014, 09:22:47 AM »
Hello all,
I have recently decided to take up writing a light novel as a hobby and use googledocs. It has only been about a week since I started but after much brainstorming I have come up with and finished the first chapter. Yay!!
I still have yet to figure out a title and will think of one as I get further into the chapters. As for a summary of the story it seems very difficult to to explain/summarize without giving away major spoilers. The general setting contains magic and the like as a general fantasy novel.
The viewers rating doesn't seems to be that graphic however I am not sure how the rest of the story will turn out. My current speed at the moment seems to be 3 pages a day if i do decide to write before it starts to feel like a chore lol. By putting the link to the novel here I hope to gather some opinions and thoughts as to what is written so far. Either way this is just as a hobby and I'll continue writing regardless.
So enjoy...

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1juaNO9ubk6sJtzHO2z-dNpPkZtMZw_Wpv_76GMmzRbM/edit?usp=sharing