Funds $17 | Needed $120
Like the community? Enjoy reading manga?
Then click on the small donation banner! Thx!

16%

Author Topic: Novel downloader\converter userscript (Baka-Tsuki, Shosetsuka ni Narou(ncode.syosetu.com), pastebin)  (Read 29062 times)

Offline gariam

• J-Recruit
  • Renommée: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Baka-Tsuki to plain HTML converter user script
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2014, 01:23:33 PM »
well anyone using android can just download the app "BakaReader EX"

dont know about others OS

Offline Poligrafowicz

• J-Hero
  • Renommée: 155
    • View Profile
I'm sorry if this is not the right place to post this, I wasn't sure where to post it. If there is a better place on the forum for this post then please move it.

I wanted to download some of the novels from Baka-Tsuki as ebooks to be able to read them on my phone, but the pregenerated ebooks are always out of date (they don't appear to get any updates and contain many mistakes that were already fixed). There is a wikipedia function for generating EPUBs out of articles, but if I use it, I only get thumbnails of the illustrations and footnotes stop working. That's why I patched up a user script that converts novels from Baka-Tsuki to plain HTML version. To use this script you need Greasemonkey (or its equivalent in browsers different than FireFox). After installing the script a new button (in the upper left tab bar) should appear on Baka-Tsuki project pages called "TXT". Once you press it, the whole page gets converted to plain text and thumbnails get replaced with full size images. After converting the page to plain HTML, just tell your browser to save the result on hard drive.

You can easily convert the HTML to EPUB using Sigil. Just load the HTML file in Sigil and save it as EPUB.

Sorry, please read the forum rules to see why you can't view spoilers and why you can't post in this forum section. Thank you!

Older version (images don't work correctly with this anymore, but it might work better with wayback machine version of BT)
Sorry, please read the forum rules to see why you can't view spoilers and why you can't post in this forum section. Thank you!

Code:

P.S. This was inteded to be used with "full text" version of novel volumes on Baka-Tsuki.
P.S.2 I also wrote a user script for extracting whole webnovels from http://ncode.syosetu.com, but it still needs some more work...

-----------------------

ncode Shousetsuka ni narou downloader (current version; for details see below)

ncode Shousetsuka ni narou chapter splitter (for the TXT version):
EXE MD5: a6c54ec18af027889db349d66c32806a

Use this to split your downloaded novel into chapters (or volumes) if you have trouble loading whole webnovels into your app (like I do with Jade Reader on Android)

-----------------------

Pastebin downloader