Funds $0 | Needed $120
Like the community? Enjoy reading manga?
Then click on the small donation banner! Thx!

0%

Author Topic: Durarara!! Vol. 01-13 Complete; SH Vol. 01-02+  (Read 18494 times)

Offline kuromaku

• the guy behind it all
  • J-Hardcore
  • Renommée: 565
  • nano~
    • View Profile
    • kuromaku's blog
Re: Durarara!! Vol. 01-13 COMPLETE; Index Crossover; SH Vol. 01+
« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2015, 06:31:26 PM »
SH Volume 2 added to first post.

Yay anime is 3 parts. Hopefully they cover the rest of the series...

If only people (me included) have more time in their hands, we would've seen a text file for the series.

BTW, for those interested, there's a blogger translating Durarara SH. They recently finished the first volume:

Sorry, please read the forum rules to see why you can't view spoilers and why you can't post in this forum section. Thank you!

Offline dango_dango

• J-Starter
  • Renommée: -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2014, 06:40:01 AM »
Oh, so what you want is the text separated from image? I just thought you want the images compiled into one file. If that's not what you want, those JPG to PDF won't really do the trick.

I don't recommend using OCR at all since they aren't able to recognize some characters. My best advice is to actually look up the kanji by radical. I'm sure there are apps out there that lets you search kanji by radical. If not, try the site called jlex(dot)org ^^

I see. As what I do, is read light novels with my tablet and I have set it up so when I press on kanji that I do not know, it will pop up little window with japanese dictionary that contains furigana and explanation in japanese for the kanji. It's unbelievably handy and speeds up my reading a lot. So that's why I was looking for .txt format of this series. Sure I could read from the images, but it would take me whole lot more time to finish reading. Maybe some day somebody will find and add txt format as well.

Offline kuromaku

• the guy behind it all
  • J-Hardcore
  • nano~
    • View Profile
    • kuromaku's blog
« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2014, 08:00:02 PM »
I've tried several, but failed to seperate text from image. They mostly just recognize converted pdf pages as single image objective. As for me, who is not native japanese speaker, I still need some help with kanji readings. If I'm able to select text, I can get furigana popup. So do you have suggestion for converter that would be able to seperate text from image? Adobe's OCR didn't seem to be able to do the trick either...

edit: sorry for going a bit off topic

Oh, so what you want is the text separated from image? I just thought you want the images compiled into one file. If that's not what you want, those JPG to PDF won't really do the trick.

I don't recommend using OCR at all since they aren't able to recognize some characters. My best advice is to actually look up the kanji by radical. I'm sure there are apps out there that lets you search kanji by radical. If not, try the site called jlex(dot)org ^^

Offline dango_dango

• J-Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2014, 04:58:52 AM »
You could use a JPG to PDF converter which you can find online. ^^

I've tried several, but failed to seperate text from image. They mostly just recognize converted pdf pages as single image objective. As for me, who is not native japanese speaker, I still need some help with kanji readings. If I'm able to select text, I can get furigana popup. So do you have suggestion for converter that would be able to seperate text from image? Adobe's OCR didn't seem to be able to do the trick either...

edit: sorry for going a bit off topic

Offline kuromaku

• the guy behind it all
  • J-Hardcore
  • nano~
    • View Profile
    • kuromaku's blog
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2014, 09:28:28 PM »
Hey!

Is there any possibility to get these in .txt or .pdf format? I would really want to read them with my tablet.

You could use a JPG to PDF converter which you can find online. ^^

Offline dango_dango

• J-Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2014, 07:35:46 AM »
Hey!

Is there any possibility to get these in .txt or .pdf format? I would really want to read them with my tablet.

Offline kuromaku

• the guy behind it all
  • J-Hardcore
  • nano~
    • View Profile
    • kuromaku's blog
Re: Durarara!! Vol. 01-13 COMPLETE
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2014, 03:56:41 AM »
Added SH (the sequel) Volume 1 and the crossover novel with Toaru Majutsu no Index in the first post.

Offline kuromaku

• the guy behind it all
  • J-Hardcore
  • nano~
    • View Profile
    • kuromaku's blog
Re: Durarara!! Vol. 01-12+
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2014, 11:39:06 PM »
Volume 13 (end) added to the first post.

Offline kuromaku

• the guy behind it all
  • J-Hardcore
  • nano~
    • View Profile
    • kuromaku's blog
Re: Durarara!! Vol. 01-06+
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2014, 07:54:24 PM »
Volumes 7-12 now included on the first post.

Offline kuromaku

• the guy behind it all
  • J-Hardcore
  • nano~
    • View Profile
    • kuromaku's blog
Durarara!! Vol. 01-13 Complete; SH Vol. 01-02+
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2014, 02:53:54 AM »
Durarara!!
Author: NARITA Ryohgo Illustrations: YASUDA Suzuhito

Quote (selected)
Durarara!! is about a number of unusual people who gather in Ikebukuro, Tokyo--- a youth who yearns for an un-mundane life, a hoodlum, a stalker denpa-girl, a young man who deals in information ‘for fun’, a black-market doctor, a high-schooler obsessed with magic, as well as a ‘headless rider’ riding a bike painted black.

These unusual people begin a series of abnormal stories that never fail to create headaches. But, although their personalities are all twisted— they still talk about love.

Sorry, please read the forum rules to see why you can't view spoilers and why you can't post in this forum section. Thank you!

-----

Durarara!! SH
Author: NARITA Ryohgo Illustrations: YASUDA Suzuhito

Quote (selected)
A year and a half after the death of the Dollars. The meeting of a boy, traveling to Ikebukuro in the capital to seek the Headless Rider, and a girl, whose older sister vanished chasing it; the extraordinary begins —

This is my first time uploading stuff on Novel Shoppu. Hope I did fine XD

Remember to press that Thank You button!^^