Funds $18 | Needed $120
Like the community? Enjoy reading manga?
Then click on the small donation banner! Thx!

17%

Author Topic: The Introduction Thread #2 - Post Your Intro Here!  (Read 655854 times)

Offline tecnumseh85

• J-Starter
  • Renommée: 0
    • View Profile
Re: The Introduction Thread #2 - Post Your Intro Here!
« Reply #24399 on: May 09, 2018, 04:18:58 PM »
Hello everyone
I'm Tecumseh, I've been reading manga in Japanese for 2 years and seriously learning kanji for about three years.
I hope to get along with everybody
Have a nice day

Offline MysteryDash

• J-Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #24398 on: May 09, 2018, 02:47:23 PM »
Hello everyone,

The name's MysteryDash, I'm quite new in the light novel world (because it's hard to find them all) but I've watched a bunch of animes. I can easily be found on MyAnimeList or GitHub (I'm a developer, mostly known for some PS4 stuff and Hyperdimension Neptunia modding).
Apart from that I'm a French guy who's also an alto sax player (I make music sheet for anime openings and OSTs).

See you later!

Offline Saitoo

• J-Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #24397 on: May 09, 2018, 02:40:56 PM »
Hello everyone,
The reason I'm here is to learn japanese through raw manga/LN (still bad at japanese tho)
nice to meet you all :)

Offline domukanKoala

• J-Starter
  • "Where there's a will, there's a way."
    • View Profile
« Reply #24396 on: May 09, 2018, 02:39:02 PM »
Hello!
My name's Dom, it's nice to meet you! I am an artist and animator and so i'm one of those who are really into anime and manga- though lately it's been light novels and manga, even so i still watch some anime (mostly the seasonal ones) and consider myself a fan. More than an animator I'm an artist and am skilled in both traditional and digital media. I like music and listen to a lot of genres like Orchestra, POP, Rock and i like Vocaloid and such as well. I enjoy a lot and to be honest i'm not really sure what to write here sooooooo-
Yea, that's about it. Hope to see you soon :'D
Bye!
-Dom

Offline Shir0gane

• J-Starter
  • Baka Hentai Neko desu~nya
    • View Profile
« Reply #24395 on: May 09, 2018, 02:27:56 PM »
 :hi: Hajimemashite Minna-san ~Nya  :hi:
I'm just a :whoosh: Baka Hentai Neko :whoosh: who love Nekomimi, Loli and of couse, Anime/Manga/Light Novel you can call me Shir0gane~nya. My English is not that bad but my grammar just like an idiot  :cant-reach: , hope you guys can read it  :4da5b0e8: . I'm still a young boy who goes to his own school everyday from a small country in South East Asia. Glad to joinning a huge forum like this community,  hope we will get along.
 :hi: Yoroshiku Onegaishimasu :hi:
By the way,  :evil-thought: LOLI RULES THE WORLD :evil-thought:

Offline kilo

• J-Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #24394 on: May 09, 2018, 02:07:18 PM »
Hi, i'm kilo

I know many programming languages through i cannot be considered very good at any of them. I like to challenge myself with making scrips to rip online stuff (manga readers & such), which is why i made this account in the first place

Offline bane619

• J-Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #24393 on: May 09, 2018, 01:45:45 PM »
Hi guys Bane here nice to meet you all

Offline demoli

• J-Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #24392 on: May 09, 2018, 01:45:16 PM »
Hi, I'm demoli, nice to meet you

Offline HermesPasser

• J-Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #24391 on: May 09, 2018, 01:43:13 PM »
Hello everyone, i'm Hermes and i live in Brazil.

Offline tiorlan111

• J-Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #24390 on: May 09, 2018, 01:24:45 PM »
Hello guys and girls as well. Just call me tiorlan and I am a N3 Japanese language learner. The reason I joined this forum was solely for manga and LN raws and also expanding my Japanese language knowledge by reading more raws. I am no English native speaker so please excuse any mistakes you have spotted in this bland introduction.
でわ, よろしくお願いします :hi:

Note: I am aspiring to be a JP > ENG translator and will be one should my JPLT level reach N1.

Offline Kilolopo

• J-Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #24389 on: May 09, 2018, 01:20:38 PM »
Hello...kilo..from malaysia...like to read manga & novel..tq

Offline Sandafiel

• J-Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #24388 on: May 09, 2018, 01:11:04 PM »
Hello, I'm Martin, nice to meet you all. I hope we get along
 :hi:

Offline kht2000

• J-Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #24387 on: May 09, 2018, 01:06:43 PM »
Hi, all! Nice to meet you. I have been watching animes for about five years. Recently, I have been studying Japanese and I happened to stumble on to this website. I am glad that I found this website as I can study Japanese by reading raw mangas and raw light novels (basically, doing things I want to do xD). Seriously, this site is a treasure island!!
:4da5b0e8:

Offline Kagejigen

• J-Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #24386 on: May 09, 2018, 12:58:49 PM »
Hello First of all i don't know what i am supposed to write here since its my first time in a Forum community and i just got accepted today...

Well name's Ray im 21yrs old I've been watching anime since i was 5yrs old so basically you can wonder that.. yes im an fan of Anime like everyone else here i think? xD. Anyways I read Manga, Novels Light Novels, Visual Novels, you name it, Play Games, anime games (all nighter xD). Big but BIG fan of Neputyunu series (Choujigen Geimu Neptune/Hyperdymension Neptunia) love them i have played all games that have been released, now im waiting for the remake of VII that gets out today so now im HYPED.

Well I got here cause I saw here they have almost all of them a Light Novel im reading now (Chuuko Demo Koi Ga Shitai) got interested and well i singed up, also saw i can find new friends and meet new people and here i am.

I think thats all nice to meet ya all and have a nice day.  :hi:

Offline Sir Memealot

• J-Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #24385 on: May 09, 2018, 12:51:42 PM »
Hello I'm Sir Memealot, I'm a new member and I'm spending a lot of time watching anime and reading manga already. I usually play fighting games such as Street Fighter 3rd strike on Fightcade and I also play Tekken 7 on Steam. My favorite Twitch streamer is C9_Sneaky because I love his League of legends content. And I like watching AvoidThePuddle too because he is chill.

I've put in a lot of thought into my introduction(very), thank you for reading my message.

p.s. I would definitely fuck myself but no homo. 

Offline amargus123

• J-Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #24384 on: May 09, 2018, 12:40:53 PM »
Hey people, I'm Amargus and i'm happy to be accept me in this great comunity! i'm looking forward to know new ciberfriends here!
Thank you very much and greetings :r38:

Offline Dark Warrior

• J-Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #24383 on: May 09, 2018, 12:37:12 PM »
Hi ya'll,Nice to meet you :hi:

Offline kyadit502

• J-Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #24382 on: May 09, 2018, 12:37:05 PM »
Greetings, my handle is kyadit502. I'm currently a grad student working on my PhD. I was introduced to jp content probably around middle school. Up until starting college, I was more into playing videogames. During college, I became engrossed. Anime/OSTs, manga, light novels, drama CDs, visual novels; I couldn't get enough. In my (other) free time, I tend to game, code, or tinker. Still learning japanese.

Offline tom9987

• J-Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #24381 on: May 09, 2018, 12:33:40 PM »
Hey everyone !
I'm tom9987, i'm a rather young alien from earth (hahaha lol).
I've been introduced to the japanese culture for now 14 years ( it seems that i know more about the Pokemon regions than the actual Earth-chan herself)
My travel through this world has been quite the fun trip as i witnessed the birth of some great mangas such as Naruto, One Piece, ... while reading their first chapter.
Recently, I've been more and more intesrsted in japanese LN as they offer different kind of narration compared to most mangas.
I do read a lot, mainly during my lessons in university (lol) as time flows so slowly there and while i travel from one place to another.
I have the chance to study in France, Paris to be precise and i'm looking to become a teacher in a scientific field so that i can have a lot of vacation ( = time to read ~yay~)
Thanks for reading this and have fun parkouring this forum !

Offline Wzaerreazw

• J-Starter
    • View Profile
Bananas
« Reply #24380 on: May 09, 2018, 12:30:13 PM »
Um it's not entirely clear where I'm supposed to post but making a topic seeeeems like a bad idea based on all the stickies ranting about "DO NOT MAKE FKING TOPICS YOU CUNTS" so post here I shall. I applied to join over a month ago, got accepted now... Someone must know my HISTORY muahahaha... Uhh. *puts on manacle* I MEAN MONOCLE

I'm a fan of electro music, "good" animation (fk that stuff from netflix), as well as manga, comic, and light novel formats. Non-chinese web novels piss me off for some reason. POSSIBLY because I've read quite a few bad ones. Like, I read WORM... that fucking story. So amazing. And then the author bombed the ending by ripping off the bible. How bad can you get, am I right? Anyway.

I'm here to read Demon Posession 'cuz demons are sexy. It's a shame it got axed but understandable. I mean look at iron knight. Lots of potential there but I guess having a monstrous demon as your main character only really worked out for Go Nagai a.k.a. the guy who wrote Devilman. If you think about it, demons are self-sufficient without society, and they often do whatever (the hell) they want. Most fiction has them torturing souls... and yeah tribal humans do that too, cuz they're not bound by society. But. Don'tcha think that would get boring? I mean a lot of fiction has demons that are immortal and smart. You'd think they'd be like, gee, maybe I'll NOT kill someone today. Maybe I'll go study math because I can do whatever I fucking want and killing people everyday is for mindless idiots.

Oh and the rest of these so-called "demons" in fiction are like naruto where it's more symbolic than literal 99% of the time. Where's the fun in that? But, yeah, demons in fiction - even some biblical fiction - are supposed to be metaphorical or literal corruption of the human mind. A person dragged into the throes of basal nature; having retained their intellect, not having retained their sanity. Which is fine and all but that doesn't work as a standalone species. It doesn't work as anything other than a plot narrative. Convenient, I suppose.

To me that just means people need to get over themselves. I mean, what is racism anyway? It's a form of social outgrouping - "you're not one of us." Same thing with aliens in fiction. After ET (the movie) it was all downhill for the alien races too, them got grouped in with demons and monsters. Kinda like, yanno, we meet the native americans and OH SHIT they're all dead, how did that happen? smallpox, haha fuck you. oh, and, p.s., war!!1! In the venerable words of street fighter:  FINISH HIM

Irony is we have all these stories about "creations coming back to bite their creator" and here we are delving into advanced AI and robotics with fuck all sense of self-preservation. I mean, like I said, I'm all for freedom, but if you're going to make a giant killing machine, you better fucking augment your brain so you can out-think it before you turn the thing on. Like, at least Transformers got it right. Those autobots siding with humans, that's a thing. But if they didn't, well, FUCK HUMANS cuz fuck all they can do about it. That's how it'll actually end up! Minus the robots siding with us, cuz what need do they have for murderous xenophobes... I mean humans.

When was the last time you saw an actual monster as the main character instead of "shitty human shape shifter rehash #192810?" Like, what benefits does a shapeshifter get in a human form anyway? You can avoid the acrimony of the most murderous species on the planet? Greeeat. Then when the humans figure out "you're not one of us" they're gonna kill you regardless so I hope you practiced a stronger form. Nah, gonna die, cuz who the fuck in fiction makes humans "lose" unless the end result is everybody dies.

Truthfully tho, in the end, yes, everybody dies, so you better fucking enjoy yourself. Just don't piss off the other maniacs (yanno, crime) else you ain't gonna have a good time. Also make sure you vote for gun control because we need to follow the same policy passed by literally all of the mass murderers in human history. This endorsement of gun control is sponsored by some guy who loves demons.

Rant over. Have a happy millennium.

¡LARGA VIDA A LA INMORTALIDAD!

Offline 3Seven

• J-Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #24379 on: May 09, 2018, 12:17:43 PM »
Hello guys, I'm 3Seven, thanks for accepting me.

I love VNs and LNs.

Yoroshiku onegai shimasu  :hi:

Offline Swery65

• J-Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #24378 on: May 09, 2018, 12:02:31 PM »
Hi, I am Anthony.

I'm from Australia and am passionate about games, music, movies, Manga and writing.   :hi:

Offline MidnightDreamer

• J-Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #24377 on: May 09, 2018, 11:50:02 AM »
Hello everyone!

I love reading isekai manga and light novels!

Nice to meet up you all

Offline ZvezdaDF

• Zvezda
  • J-Starter
  • Hello everyone. Nice to meet you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24376 on: May 09, 2018, 11:43:11 AM »
 :elephantdancef: Hi my name is Zvezda. I'm new here. Yoroshiku onegai shimasu

Offline Nines

• J-Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #24375 on: May 09, 2018, 11:40:58 AM »
Hello! Just your average manga-loving joe here! Let's all get along! :whoosh:

Offline roboartitec

• J-Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #24374 on: May 09, 2018, 11:36:59 AM »
Sup everybody! Your average animanga fan here. Fav series is Space Brothers, which everyone gotta read!  :hi:

Offline Netsu

• J-Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #24373 on: May 09, 2018, 11:28:39 AM »
Hi! My name is Jean.
I speak English and Spanish and am in need of friends  :r38:
Nice to meet you all!

Offline Dans

• J-Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #24372 on: May 09, 2018, 11:20:21 AM »
Hi! Everyone my name is Daniel thanks for aceppting me in the comunity :wahaha:

Offline ILDization

• J-Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #24371 on: May 09, 2018, 11:07:09 AM »
Hi ya'll, glad to be here.  :hi:

Offline Pliplip

• J-Starter
  • Martial arts maniac/translator living in Kyoto.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24370 on: May 09, 2018, 10:56:10 AM »
Hi all,
The name's Phil. I live in Kyoto but am originally from Canada. I have been translating freelance (JPN -ENG) for a few years and am a martial arts fanatic. As you can probably guess, I'm mainly into manga that features lots of action. I also have an interest in paranormal stories and the like. I look forward to being a part of the community and would be happy to volunteer my translation skills anytime if needed!

よろしくー!
 :elephantdancef: