Funds $0 | Needed $120
Like the community? Enjoy reading manga?
Then click on the small donation banner! Thx!

0%

Author Topic: The Introduction Thread #2 - Post Your Intro Here!  (Read 746852 times)

Offline Whiterabbit47

• J-Starter
  • Renommée: 0
    • View Profile
Re: The Introduction Thread #2 - Post Your Intro Here!
« Reply #24764 on: July 20, 2018, 02:57:29 AM »
Salutations, I am a college student with too much free time who has decided to start learning to read Japanese so that I can get my manga straight from the source. If I become good enough, I might even start working as a translator or spelling checker in my free-time. My interests include avoiding the sun, pretending I am a fully functional human, and reading (usually manga).

Sincerely,
Whiterabbit47

Offline VanD

• J-Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #24763 on: July 19, 2018, 12:22:02 AM »
Hello  :hi: i am new member here
My nickname's VanD. i am college student in this year and i have spare time before the lecture. I started to like anime, manga, and light novel since my first year in junior high school so i want to join this forum and read some thread  :whoosh:
i hope we can get along and be good member for this community :hi:

Offline Suikafruit

• J-Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #24762 on: July 18, 2018, 11:24:22 PM »
Hello, I am Suikafruit

Offline Shou

• J-Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #24761 on: July 18, 2018, 06:47:08 AM »
Hey everyone!

My name's Desmond, i'm 20 this year.
I'm an avid fan of Light Novels and Anime. I started watching Anime and reading Light Novels since I was 14? I found it to be pretty interesting partly due to the plot and some were really well-written light novels.

As a person studying psychology, light novels and anime has provided me with a different perception from the artist's point of view. I'll be sticking around here to read Light Novels and maybe i'll get to make some new friends who are into light novels while i'm at it  :hi:.

Offline Weii

• J-Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #24760 on: July 17, 2018, 06:24:16 AM »
Hi, I'll be around

Offline meissa

• J-Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #24759 on: July 17, 2018, 02:31:43 AM »
Hi, I'm French, currently living in Colombia

Offline ichino shina

• J-Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #24758 on: July 16, 2018, 12:47:48 PM »
ello! :hi: my name is ichino shina( in case you had not noticed it is just a nickname i made for myself to keep my own privacy).hmmm, now how to go about introducing myself...

first of all, i like the Japanese entertainment industry as a whole. yes. not just anime and manga. i do appreciate some drama films from japan. My main likes are directed at the manga and music subsets of it, since i can't really call myself an anime diehard like a lot of you here.

as for some of my traits. I personally feel like i have a massive personal case of chunnibyou syndrome, given that when i am alone...leyts not get too into that XD. other than that, i also fall under the ever-growing fujoshi (in my case, fudanshi) classification, mainly due to my sister seeing yaoi on her com and me being nosy as per usual on her(insert annoying little brother stereotype here).
I also play FGO and hear a TON of vocaloid(not a lot of mainstream ones, but more "niche" ones) and JP opening and ending songs too(particularly "Sayuri") too, so share with with me either your rolls or music and your opinion on them. dont worry, i wont ever bite. im too meek to do so

the main manga series i want to look at in Jcafe would be reincarnation of kaben. seriously, i never want to experience the horrifying moment of not being able to read THAT series in particular. other than that, i will be here to browse other stuff occasionally, so please treat me nicely!

Offline G0dzentOtaku

• J-Starter
  • Saylene Here ❤
    • View Profile
« Reply #24757 on: July 16, 2018, 04:59:01 AM »
Hello, I'm Saylene, but currently, that name hasn't been updated in jcafe... So either Saylene or G0dzent is fine. Preferably Saylene though c:

I am a student who is looking into becoming a freelance artist. (I'm sure that my works aren't too bad... I hope... I only have a few years of experience-) As well as drawing, I also have a passion for writing, though my stories aren't as at level with my skill in art... I'm still working on it though..

I like anime(what other reason could there be for me being on jcafe hahah) as either a show, novel, manga, fandom, art style, and doujin. Currently(which means as of writing this) my favorite series is either Oregairu or Toradora(I'm still debating on which one hahah), and I'm dying trying to wait for the next volumes to be released for Oregairu.

I enjoy a plethora of genres but I'm usually more drawn into romances. But whilst reading manga, I tend to criticize the actions and events that happen in some of them, most of the time, Isekais and Harems. (I have a love-hate kind of thing for these two genres since some of them can be enjoyable while others can be a train wreck)

tl:dr, I'm Saylene, I like drawing and writing, I like anime and it's different forms, romance is my most liked genre, I can get overcritical with tropes and cliches.

I hope to get along with anyone who crosses paths with me. C:

Offline Nombytes

• J-Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #24756 on: July 16, 2018, 12:48:12 AM »
Hiya I'm Nombytes. I'm in college and like to read manga in my free time.  ^ ^

Offline TurtleBob

• J-Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #24755 on: July 14, 2018, 04:46:11 PM »
Hello, Im TurtleBob. I have a pet turtle but my real name isn't Bob.
I am a freelance musician and mostly live in NY state. Just started getting into Manga and Light novels
I like:
Anime (Favorite anime: Steins;Gate)
Jazz (any Stan Getz or Chris Potter fans?)
Favorite youtube channel: Adam Neely (a lot of interesting music theory ideas)
Favorite anime youtube channel: Gigguk!!!
H*ntai

Don't like:
Tsundere characters (I've had enough of these ... for now lol!)
Reading emails and sending them
Free Jazz

Offline donchas

• J-Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #24754 on: July 14, 2018, 10:43:12 AM »
Hi, my name is Brandon and I love everthing related to anime, so I'm tryng to find some light novels now.
Nice to meet you.  :hi:

Offline harryjoe

• J-Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #24753 on: July 14, 2018, 03:17:47 AM »
Hi my name is Harry Joe. I am here to download and read manga. I am a college student majoring in software development. I started to read manga from a young age. One piece, naruto, and bleach are the first animes that I have watched. I have recently ran out of things to watch. Thus, the start of transition to manga and light novel. I hope to be a member who can contribute to this great forum. Thank you.

Offline jeremy1058

• J-Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #24752 on: July 13, 2018, 10:49:36 PM »
hi, everyone my name is Jeremy and I love light novel, anime and manga. Please take cara of me. :hi:

Offline ForbiddenSabre

• J-Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #24751 on: July 13, 2018, 12:40:36 AM »
Hi all! I'm currently actively finding light novels to read to improve my japanese!

Offline runebreaker12

• J-Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #24750 on: July 12, 2018, 09:40:44 PM »
Hi guys!
Im runebreaker12, I love reading light novels and manga and of course watching anime.. Currently Im reading tensei shitara slime datta ken

Offline mavb50

• J-Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #24749 on: July 12, 2018, 07:52:02 PM »
 :hi: hello, good night everyone, my name is mavb50, until recently I was only interested in two or three animes in particular but thanks to communities like this have helped me to hook me to this world, so I have become interested in light novels and their respective sleeves and animes, a great and varied world in which you can meet many great people from all over the world, I am very happy to belong to this community and I hope to make friends with many of you, a greeting and delighted.

Offline Addictedstar

• J-Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #24748 on: July 12, 2018, 05:47:17 PM »
Hello all!  :hi:
My name is addictedstar, and I love manga and anime  :evil-thought:
I hope we all get along together, and can have a good discussion on similar anime or manga that we have in common!

Good day!!  :elephantdancef:

Offline neuling

• J-Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #24747 on: July 12, 2018, 08:25:14 AM »
Hello everyone  :hi:
I'm from Germany and 17 years old and currently trying to improve my Japanese by reading.
Nice to meet you

Offline Nname404

• J-Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #24746 on: July 12, 2018, 06:42:11 AM »
Hey, I'm interested in reading some light novels and like anime quite a bit.

Offline HungryGG

• J-Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #24745 on: July 12, 2018, 01:57:12 AM »
Hi, I'm J. I'm in college and I love manga's and novels.  :shinyteeth: :upyours:

Offline chimchimchim

• J-Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #24744 on: July 12, 2018, 01:33:56 AM »
Hello, super newbie here.  :hi: Just wanted to say hi to everyone. I'm in college and my name is Rosie.

PS Oh I absolutely love anime and Manga  :whoosh:

Offline Nearphus

• J-Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #24743 on: July 10, 2018, 03:22:39 PM »
Hello My name is Nearphus. I work in IT and love reading manga. It gives me something to do during all of the long days. I have finished college but plan to go back for a different degree. My favorite series is Gundam but love anything with a serious mood in it.

Offline Nana05

• J-Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #24742 on: July 10, 2018, 12:44:58 PM »
Hello everyone! My name is Thea.I am currently in senior high school.Well, my life is not that exciting but I have a happy and satisfied life  :whoosh: I really love reading Japanese novels and I have a little talent in drawing.The genres I really love in anime,manga and novels is fantasy. I am shy and quiet when I am in class but when its come to my friends I am more active and go wild with them  :elephantdancef:  :karoke: I am bless to have friends like them that you can show your true self. So,that's all I hope everyone have a good day.

Offline Artemis-Liberated

• J-Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #24741 on: July 10, 2018, 11:17:32 AM »
Hi everyone on Jcafe! I'm Cia and i'm a college student looking for the next manga, anime and light novel to read! :hi: Since introductions are important here on Jcafe, let me introduce myself. I currently reside in the US and was looking for new sources to find manhwa and light novels. Currently, I'm aggravatingly waiting on the Cavalier of the Abyss series to come back into fruition :sob: It will come back I know it will! Anyway's if you know any good light novels or recommend some of your favorite series I will def give it a look!

Offline Myamya_4477

• J-Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #24740 on: July 09, 2018, 10:36:47 PM »
Hello Everyone, my name is Mya. I just wanted to greet everyone and let you know I love anime, especially manga! I have been reading manga for over 15 years now and it has been wonderful. I love reading other peoples work and share any ideas or genre that they recommend. My favorite are usually Romance, with a little bit of adult or mature content. I am currently living in Florida, and I can it is HOT! Thank goodness I am always inside reading manga and watching anime.

Offline Ennis

• J-Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #24739 on: July 09, 2018, 10:21:02 PM »
Hello everyone! My name is Silvina and I'm from Argentina, yoroshiku! :shy:

Offline Artroritt

• J-Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #24738 on: July 09, 2018, 03:34:13 PM »
Hi, My name is timofey and im 18.

Offline 97anhanh97

• J-Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #24737 on: July 09, 2018, 02:29:02 PM »
Hiiiiiiii  :hi: :hi: :hi:

Hello everyone, I'm a student and I'm reallllllllllllllly into manga, anime. So I joined this forum looking forward to reading some great manga.

Nice to meet you!!!  :elephantdancef: :elephantdancef: :elephantdancef:

Offline lengochai97

• J-Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #24736 on: July 09, 2018, 02:20:08 PM »
Hello everyone.
I am a CS student but have a love for literature, especially Japanese novels. The delaying and dropping of my favorite light novels on Baka-Tsuki led me to this forum. I also want to learn Japanese to read novels in native language. My intention is to practice with some raw material until I reach the desired level before trying original ones.
Do not hesitate to contact me if you have the same hobby  :hi:

Offline ejwe

• J-Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #24735 on: July 09, 2018, 03:19:33 AM »
Hello everyone :hi: