Funds $0 | Needed $120
Like the community? Enjoy reading manga?
Then click on the small donation banner! Thx!

0%

Poll

Who's your favorite Character?

Kaiman
Nikaido
Shin
NoI
En
Ebisu
Fujita
Kasukabe
Jonson
Doc Baucks
Dokuga
Turkey
Shou

Author Topic: Dorohedoro - Q. Hayashida  (Read 151502 times)

Offline honouji

• J-Highlander
  • Renommée: 43
    • View Profile
Re: Dorohedoro - Q. Hayashida
« Reply #517 on: December 06, 2018, 08:24:36 AM »
I went back here to re-read stuff and catch up upon hearing the anime news. Too bad the threads are dead.

Offline Goral

• Firefly/Serenity fanatic
  • GWR Team
  • J-Regular
  • Renommée: 24
    • View Profile
    • MiB scanlations
« Reply #516 on: November 10, 2018, 07:54:35 AM »
Great news everyone! There will be anime adaptation:

Sorry, please read the forum rules to see why you can't view spoilers and why you can't post in this forum section. Thank you!

Offline asano

• J-Starter
  • Renommée: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #515 on: October 06, 2018, 12:32:00 PM »
Hey, is there any chance someone could re-up the first two volumes of this? Don't know why i never downloaded them back in the day... :onionfacepalm:

Offline Doomroar

• J-Regular
  • Renommée: 1
  • Want to Riot?, well i have my gas mask on!
    • View Profile
« Reply #514 on: April 24, 2014, 05:54:48 AM »
Is not like this is "The World is Mine" levels of dead, but it is still sad, anyway, the other group is not doing fine with what they have, they even did the extras from... i can't remember which volume.

Offline alessandro

• J-Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #513 on: April 23, 2014, 03:20:29 AM »
;_;

Offline myuushii

• J-Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #512 on: April 13, 2014, 08:07:47 AM »
Too bad this is dead. I really don't like the quality of the magazine scanlations, I would have preferred if someone would still do the manga release... oh well.

Offline alessandro

• J-Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #511 on: January 09, 2014, 02:46:38 AM »
:doson:

Offline Revilenigma

• Medically Certified Man-Child
  • J-Titan
  • Renommée: 193
  • #wow #whoa
    • View Profile
« Reply #510 on: January 07, 2014, 06:41:54 AM »
Kinda died along with mortem?
Yeah, pretty much.

Offline alessandro

• J-Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #509 on: January 07, 2014, 04:37:58 AM »
I just remembered i was reading a cool manga a long time before, basically the only thing i was reading, and i used to come here to have some shots of it.
I can't find it anywhere and i don't feel like reading stuff on the average "readthismangathing.com", was wondering if this manga still has a future here. Kinda died along with mortem?

Offline dadauu

• J-Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #508 on: August 26, 2013, 04:39:59 PM »
thanks

Offline Mages

• J-Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #507 on: June 30, 2013, 09:30:42 AM »
Thanks for the upload!

Offline alessandro

• J-Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #506 on: June 30, 2013, 06:19:45 AM »
Could someone re-upload v17 somewhere?

Thank you so much in advance.

Haven't checked so i don't know if it's ok. Actually i'm surprised to find dorohedoro stuff on gamefront 0_o

http://www.gamefront.com/files/22483827

Offline caz

• J-Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #505 on: May 19, 2013, 04:51:09 PM »
Could someone re-upload v17 somewhere?

Thank you so much in advance.

Offline moondo

• J-Starter
  • Renommée: -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #504 on: February 28, 2013, 10:46:20 PM »
My issue with the thing being in front is that the way you drew it made it look as if it was an actual page of manga.  Plus, while I can see the warning as a jest, its only funny the first time you did it.  Including it with every thing you put out is not jesting. 

The quality with them is just fine so far.  It's just the presentation is almost as annoying as those who tag each page with their groups logos and who translated the page.  The focus should be on the manga not the group.  I always give props to those who do the scanalation, but there is such a thing as over tagging or taking away from the manga. 

With all due respect you are entitled to your opinion, but just because you disagree with someone doesn't make them whining. 

If LoneNecromancer stopped jesting and leave the warning out, plus create a better group page, his scanalations would look even better.  When I mean a better group page, I've seen some great ones, like Evil Genius's and Gantz's pages.  Thier's are relatively simple and to the point.  Plus they make it clear who the group is and who contributed to the translation.  Yours isn't that clear as far as who your group is and who contributed to the translation.   Plus as I mentioned earlier it is easy for the reader to confuse your group's page as a manga page. 

Just my two cent's. 

The sense of entitlement is strong with this one.

Offline Revilenigma

• J-Titan
  • #wow #whoa
    • View Profile
« Reply #503 on: February 28, 2013, 05:32:27 AM »
No one cares.

Offline Goral

• GWR Team
  • J-Regular
    • View Profile
    • MiB scanlations
« Reply #502 on: February 28, 2013, 05:19:38 AM »
You clearly do not know much about scanlations. A scan must be resized, white balanced (levelled), cropped, touched up (e.g. often frames are curved and lines have to be straightened), Japanese text erased, often re-drawn, full page spreads have to be merged. Plus text has to be translated, proof read, type set, font selected, and quality controlled. In short there's a lot of work to do, ESPECIALLY on magazine raws. So if some group decides to put the credits page at the beginning I see nothing wrong with that. You can always swap the link with "2" instead of "1" (in case of Batoto and other sites with sensible numeration system). Yes, that way credits page tend to be seen more often than when it's at the end but that's the point. Seeing the amount of work that needs to be done the least leecher can do is to read the credits (or at least skim through them). That way people thanks to whom you could read it can be thanked, which further motivates them. I can guarantee you that if people wouldn't show their appreciation and only whined about it as you do, scanlators would quickly lose their motivation since not only no one would care but they would even bitch about it. I would prefer to make such scanlations private in that case (or in case I would know Japanese just read raws).

Anyway, what I don't like about scanlations are watermarks and credits on pages between first and last one (see Mangastream's releases where it's usually on 2nd page). Now THAT is annoying. Credits I could understand but watermarks on every page, within the frames at that (which vandalizes mangakas' work) is plainly annoying. FS don't do anything like that. And I for one prefer more often, single releases rather than rare batch releases.

And let me guess, you're not even 18 years old (since I don't see how that additional page informing that the manga is intended for older audience could bother anyone from the older audience).

Offline brother

• J-Starter
  • Renommée: -4
    • View Profile
« Reply #501 on: February 28, 2013, 03:57:30 AM »
That's because they're from the magazine, there is no cover like with the volumes. The only title page is the one that says what chapter it is, which we do use, for example in the first chapter there was that massive headshot of Dokuga, and then the next had the picture of Kaiman and Nikaido.

Actually, some other groups do put the ad first, and we tend to fluctuate across releases whether it's before or after. But I didn't think it mattered, since no one really cares because most people will just look past it anyway. I'm pretty sure GWR were putting their credits first too, at least for the last couple volumes.

And as for the warning, I always thought it was fairly apparent it was just done in jest considering I refer to the blood and gore as being appealing and that you shouldn't read it if your mum is in the room.

I see you have issues with the presentation, but do you have any trouble with the translation or scan quality?

Lastly, since someone else asked, we're just doing it for the benefit of people who don't want to wait a year between releases. If you prefer the GWR releases, that's all good too, I wouldn't have become a fan of Doro if not for them.

My issue with the thing being in front is that the way you drew it made it look as if it was an actual page of manga.  Plus, while I can see the warning as a jest, its only funny the first time you did it.  Including it with every thing you put out is not jesting. 

The quality with them is just fine so far.  It's just the presentation is almost as annoying as those who tag each page with their groups logos and who translated the page.  The focus should be on the manga not the group.  I always give props to those who do the scanalation, but there is such a thing as over tagging or taking away from the manga. 

I don't get "brother's" whining. Thank you for your efforts LoneNecromancer, you're doing a great job. Keep it up please.

With all due respect you are entitled to your opinion, but just because you disagree with someone doesn't make them whining. 

If LoneNecromancer stopped jesting and leave the warning out, plus create a better group page, his scanalations would look even better.  When I mean a better group page, I've seen some great ones, like Evil Genius's and Gantz's pages.  Thier's are relatively simple and to the point.  Plus they make it clear who the group is and who contributed to the translation.  Yours isn't that clear as far as who your group is and who contributed to the translation.   Plus as I mentioned earlier it is easy for the reader to confuse your group's page as a manga page. 

Just my two cent's. 

Offline Goral

• GWR Team
  • J-Regular
    • View Profile
    • MiB scanlations
« Reply #500 on: February 28, 2013, 01:12:53 AM »
I don't get "brother's" whining. Thank you for your efforts LoneNecromancer, you're doing a great job. Keep it up please.

Offline LoneNecromancer

• J-Starter
  • Renommée: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #499 on: February 28, 2013, 01:05:33 AM »
I think I'll wait till GWR comes out with the next volume.  I am not really impressed with the other group scanning Dorohedoro.  They don't include any sort of cover or title page.  They put their group advertisement at the very beginning instead of the end like all the other groups.  Plus the thing that irks me the most with them is that they felt they needed to add a warning to the readers in the beginning of each chapter they do.  This warning says only +18 and older should read the manga and that there is a lot of gore and violence in the manga.  GWR has never done that and it is quite annoying to see this warning withe very chapter FS comes out with.  

So in the end, I'll wait for GWR to come out with the next volume.  

That's because they're from the magazine, there is no cover like with the volumes. The only title page is the one that says what chapter it is, which we do use, for example in the first chapter there was that massive headshot of Dokuga, and then the next had the picture of Kaiman and Nikaido.

Actually, some other groups do put the ad first, and we tend to fluctuate across releases whether it's before or after. But I didn't think it mattered, since no one really cares because most people will just look past it anyway. I'm pretty sure GWR were putting their credits first too, at least for the last couple volumes.

And as for the warning, I always thought it was fairly apparent it was just done in jest considering I refer to the blood and gore as being appealing and that you shouldn't read it if your mum is in the room.

I see you have issues with the presentation, but do you have any trouble with the translation or scan quality?

Lastly, since someone else asked, we're just doing it for the benefit of people who don't want to wait a year between releases. If you prefer the GWR releases, that's all good too, I wouldn't have become a fan of Doro if not for them.

Offline brother

• J-Starter
  • Renommée: -4
    • View Profile
« Reply #498 on: February 28, 2013, 12:24:15 AM »
I think I'll wait till GWR comes out with the next volume.  I am not really impressed with the other group scanning Dorohedoro.  They don't include any sort of cover or title page.  They put their group advertisement at the very beginning instead of the end like all the other groups.  Plus the thing that irks me the most with them is that they felt they needed to add a warning to the readers in the beginning of each chapter they do.  This warning says only +18 and older should read the manga and that there is a lot of gore and violence in the manga.  GWR has never done that and it is quite annoying to see this warning withe very chapter FS comes out with. 

So in the end, I'll wait for GWR to come out with the next volume. 

Offline Pacoh

• J-Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #497 on: February 05, 2013, 06:04:58 AM »
Quote (selected)
Scroll up a bit in the thread, and read starting with reply 485.

The answer was hidden behind all those comments about how great vol. 17 was... Thanks!

I think I'll wait for the entire vol. 18 to be released  :wbl:

Offline Neiru2013

• J-Recruit
    • View Profile
    • CrossEyes Hideout
« Reply #496 on: February 04, 2013, 11:31:26 PM »
Does somebody know why we are getting dorohedoro this way? Has vol. 18 been totally release?  :huh:
Scroll up a bit in the thread, and read starting with reply 485.

Offline Pacoh

• J-Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #495 on: February 04, 2013, 07:05:18 PM »

Two new chapters are out! (http://www.mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=209)

Does somebody know why we are getting dorohedoro this way? Has vol. 18 been totally release?  :huh:

I miss the covers and the quality work that GWR has been doing so far... :smoker:

Offline cthulhufhtagn

• J-Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #494 on: January 02, 2013, 08:51:57 PM »
Brilliant manga.

I just started reading vol.12 when I noticed that the quality has suddenly dropped, compared to vol.1-11. Now, I don't doubt that you are doing your best to bring this series to us, so most likely someone somewhere along the chain of distribution fiddled with the quality. It actually looks like that someone resized it improperly, since the text in the bubbles is kinda blurry.

Anyway, thank you for all the releases. And please, keep up the good work.

Offline Mortanka

• J-Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #493 on: December 28, 2012, 02:10:40 AM »
Thank you so much for your work and time.  :XD:

Offline wiegert

• J-Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #492 on: December 27, 2012, 02:59:56 PM »

Well, i think that gwr scans are really good, so i can't really understand why another group wants to work on dorohedoro too, instead of trying a new manga. But good look, anyways!

Oh, hi guys, nice to meet you all, i'm new here!

Offline Doomroar

• J-Regular
  • Renommée: 1
  • Want to Riot?, well i have my gas mask on!
    • View Profile
« Reply #491 on: December 27, 2012, 08:20:10 AM »
I work with FS and we did contact a couple GWR members about the situation (we asked if they wanted to use the magazine raws, since they didn't we asked if we could go ahead). As far as I know GWR will still be continuing with their volume releases while we work on the monthlies; we're hoping to be fully caught up with the current releases by or during February.

well that's a relieve, good luck then guys, so i guess we have 2 groups doing Dorohedoro at the same time, interesting.

Offline Revilenigma

• J-Titan
  • #wow #whoa
    • View Profile
« Reply #490 on: December 26, 2012, 09:16:42 AM »
Sorry, please read the forum rules to see why you can't view spoilers and why you can't post in this forum section. Thank you!

Shit Goral, check your gatdam gmx email.

Offline Goral

• GWR Team
  • J-Regular
    • View Profile
    • MiB scanlations
« Reply #489 on: December 26, 2012, 04:04:16 AM »
That's great to hear LoneNecromancer. Thanks :).

Offline LoneNecromancer

• J-Starter
  • Renommée: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #488 on: December 26, 2012, 03:20:36 AM »
yeah i noticed that other group was picking up Dorohedoro, so i wonder, was this an independent move from the Syndicate, or are you guys steeping down this manga? i don't want to read from the syndicate, i like the wanting Cerberus work better, whit the whole volume, even if i have to wait, please tell me you people are not abandoning the project!!!

I work with FS and we did contact a couple GWR members about the situation (we asked if they wanted to use the magazine raws, since they didn't we asked if we could go ahead). As far as I know GWR will still be continuing with their volume releases while we work on the monthlies; we're hoping to be fully caught up with the current releases by or during February.