Funds $5 | Needed $120
Like the community? Enjoy reading manga?
Then click on the small donation banner! Thx!

5%

Author Topic: Are we really advanced?  (Read 1517 times)

Offline BlockHead

• J-Hardcore
  • Renommée: 11
  • Don't mind me
    • View Profile
Re: Are we really advanced?
« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2016, 05:10:12 AM »
To be short: Technology advanced, mentally retarded.
We can share and profit of technology in a matter of seconds: buy a coffee maker, plug it, press a button and you got coffee.
But sharing knowledge is a long and tedious process, and the result can be different because everyone has its way of understanding things. And so humanity keeps repeating the same mistake years after years, like war has ever been a good solution (my inability to undestand you gives me the right to kill you).

I am waiting for robots, artificial immortality and brain chips to happen. The day we see ourself no more as humans but as tools to upgrade, i wonder what kind of society we will end up.

Offline Kutekans

• J-Starter
  • Renommée: 1
  • An observer. Maybe more or less than that.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2016, 04:09:22 AM »
In regards of "technology", I think we are very advanced, especially in the area of "chip production", which has advanced fast, thanks to an invention called MOSFET. Many stuffs are still to be reached though (or is at least planned).

In regards of "environment and nature", we are going backwards at a dangerous speed, mostly because of parts of "technology", especially the are of "power source production and consumption". Also because of mining the resources of the earth, this becomes a big regression. See the Earth Temperature Timeline for this. So to stop this regression, the "technology" is advised to advance even further so we can have power sources and resources, which do not stress "environment and nature".

In regards of "society and politics"... well, you can see, what is currently happening globally. But somehow, I think we're not really advancing right now..

In regards of "science", pure science of knowledge are advancing, I think so. But this is often pure luck actually.

Above are only the tip of an iceberg of many areas, which experiences advancements and regressions.
But even if there are no advancements and regressions in other areas, I would say, the world changes fast. For the better or worse.

So are we advanced? In regards to the past, more or less. And compared to the future? Hopefully not.

Offline Nichrome

• J-Starter
  • Renommée: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2016, 06:42:20 AM »
well logically speaking we are in the future and the future is now there are a lot of change and it might lead to the better or the worse so yeah i think we are advanced.

just because we are advanced doesn't mean we will not embrace conflict after all our history revolve around different opinion and belief that led into bloodshed and all that stuff.

we are all so different our point of view is different our experience through life is different honestly we should be happy that world war 3 have not started yet.
hahahhaha

Offline Articlaus

• J-Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2015, 07:06:44 PM »
I think we are honestly going backwards.

With the current Ongoing censorship of the Internet. and the Current trend of getting Offended By everything and SJW's

we are going back in time to the stone age.

Honestly the internet is probably the best Invention of the human history and yet we are slowly killing it with Retarded rainbow colored haired tards.

soo yeah, IMO we WERE advanced at some point but now not so much.

Offline huahomcrop

• J-Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2015, 03:36:36 AM »

What people do not care too much. Want to read and follow the view.

Offline azurehyaline

• J-Regular
  • Renommée: 47
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2015, 02:36:41 AM »
Hey, don't leave out the "new" fads.

Such as the Imperial America (and the EU licking its boots clean) where the whole world gets turned into a "land of freedom", ha ha ha. And that plan seems advancing slowly, with all those bases around the world (recently they took full control of the Morón base in Spain, lol).

Or others wanting to turn this into a cyberpunk novel where the big corps control the world and we are just some cogs in the machine without rights of any kind (as long as the corp gets money, you're just a piece of meat), working 15 hours a day while being drugged by the megacorps with recreational drugs and eating soylent green. With all those sikrit "trade agreements" rolling on (TISA, TTIP, CETA, TPP and probably 2 or 3 that we aren't aware of), that seems to be getting closer each day it passes.

But well, leaving those little unimportant details aside. My answer to your question is 2 (the part about cavemen) but I add:

Quote (selected)
But we have evolved so that now, we got the fancy toys to scare each other but our preferred means of killing others is to starve them or make them kill each other.

Why nuke a country when you can just starve its people and then take the resources unimpeded?

Offline YuutoAmakawa

• J-Addict
  • Renommée: 2
    • View Profile
Are we really advanced?
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2015, 09:23:54 PM »
Well, starting another debate wouldn't be advisable when your previous one is just getting started ---> so don't do that at home, kids  :karoke:

Anyway, I've been doing a little checking, and found out there are plenty of fuck...sorry, morons these days still yelling out there for another Reich, Tsarist or Imperial Japan, totally disregard to all the horrible things those regimes have done in the past.

Spare me the whole Democracy vs Autocracy. I'm tired, I'm full, I'm stress enough so thank you.

My debate question is pretty simple:

Quote (selected)
Are we really advanced enough?

-or-

Are we still a large bunch of paranoid, idiotic, greedy, self-righteous crap, violence and selfish cavemen/women with egos as big as the universe, with destructive toys in our hand?