Funds $16 | Needed $120
Like the community? Enjoy reading manga?
Then click on the small donation banner! Thx!

16%

Author Topic: Tutorial: How to start Perfect Dark v0.992  (Read 127334 times)

Offline rentdresxvw

• rentdresvqvCN
  • J-Starter
  • Renommée: 0
    • View Profile
    • автомобильный аккумулятор 60 а ч
Tutorial How to start Perfect Dark v0 992
« Reply #199 on: December 09, 2016, 11:36:19 AM »
bro you need product / experience / Money......... and perfect Plan if you want to start your buisness.

Offline rajin90

• J-Regular
  • Renommée: 62
    • View Profile
Re: Tutorial: How to start Perfect Dark v0.992
« Reply #198 on: March 02, 2015, 10:58:22 AM »
I tried Perfect Dark it Show Perfect Dark is Online.

It always use all Net Speed. It searching for everything not limited to keyword which is given.

I don't know How PD download works.   :huh:  I added file to download but no Progress.

Overall Perfect Dark is Bad than Share.

Offline Sarkanybaby

• J-Member
  • Renommée: 16
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: September 23, 2012, 05:30:11 AM »
perfect dark is online, open port NOT confirmed

While Renegade answered these kind of problems, I want to post a more detailed version, especially for "forwarding newbies".

Port Forwarding Guide:
Sorry, please read the forum rules to see why you can't view spoilers and why you can't post in this forum section. Thank you!

How to use the site:
- select your router
- select your model
- this next step needs a software to select, but since PD isn't listed, and you're supposed to know your own port, you can choose anything (but a P2P software is preferred, like BitTorrent)
- in the last step you are asked to fill some spaces, like port number (if previously you selected a P2P software) and your static IP (like 192.168.1.4, you know the drill)
On this page it is nicely illustrated with screenshots, how you can access your router and FW options. At the bottom you can find your IP and port number (if they were filled previously), and how you should fill your FW settings.

Some other things to wrap up:
If everything is up and running, first you should upload some files (altogether 2GB in size), and bamm! you can search and download.
I'm pretty sure that at this point you already know that the unity's minimum size is 40GB. When you reach that, PD will automatically delete some of it (usually 1-2 GB). You can delete is manually, PD will only send you a message (like "deletion of unity folder" or something like that), but keep in mind that the unity have to be at least 2GB to search/download! If you delete all of it, you have to upload stuffs again!
At last: I'm not sure that the deletion of unity how affects the current downloads. I tried it once, and they didn't seem to be affected, but didn't download either.

I've got a question, though: what is the difference between "partial download" and "download" (it sounds self-explanatory, but one never knows) and what are the perks and downsides of this DL mode?

I'm not really sure, but I have a theory.
There is this "gather" or "board" we can't find on PD. They are supposed to be downloadable (whatever they are), and since you can't download partially a file, I think the partial download option is for them.

Offline S.D.B

• J-Member
  • Renommée: 13
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: August 23, 2011, 11:03:07 PM »
This isn't working for me, I keep getting perfect dark is offline.
I've allowed it to go through the firewall mulitiple times now, have started from scratch & I still don't know what's wrong.
The unity cache download doesn't appear.

Offline kohi

• J-Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #195 on: July 24, 2011, 04:07:55 PM »
To answer one of your questions, yes, the results are capped at 1000 and there's no way around that. You just need to reduce it again with another search key. I haven't had this problem beyond my initial search term even with the most popular of topics. And I, too, would like to know the difference/purpose of "partial download". I was hoping there would be some kind of option to preview a file before downloading it like some other p2p programs offer.

And finally, once I got nodes my perfect dark connected fine on it's own and I've downloaded a lot already, but it goes at such a slow pace. I wonder if there's anything I can do about it (by way of ports, perhaps, since I didn't modify mine and I am completely oblivious to how ports work), or if that's just the way it rolls?

Offline Renegade334

• ** RETIRING **
  • Silver Dragon
  • Renommée: 6190
  • Do NOT ask me how to see DL links. READ THE RULES!
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: June 25, 2011, 10:00:21 PM »
hello, I just setup Perfect Dark, and it keeps telling me

I copied the nodes and tried changing the port to 25975 too, but it till gives me the same thing... help ?

Had the same problem...
...and it could be two things:
1°) Your firewall isn't appropriately customized to make allowances for traffic between PerfectDark.exe and the Internet. Configure your AV/FW to trust PD and whatever connection it might make with the world beyond.
2°) Your modem/router wasn't tweaked for port forwarding - especially port 25975 in your case. Go to http://192.168.1.1 (your router's config interface, unless you chose a different address), go to the PF tab/section and configure it to forward traffic on port 25975 (TCP/UDP) for your computer's IP.

It also took me quite a while to get PD to connect properly and the trick was to balance the two points above. Get the router properly poised to promote PF and make sure your AV is set to the correct policy mode (notice: it can be tricky depending on which AV/standalone FW/AIO security suite you're using -- in my case I'm using "customized", which prioritizes the preferences/choices I've outlined...otherwise it'll just default to "untrusted app, automatically forbid traffic") and has PerfectDark recognized as a perfectly safe application, complete with the right network privileges.

Keep tweaking both sides, with different settings combinations until you get PD to display a green "PerfectDark" is online - that's how it went for me... I still had to find a mop to collect all the bloody tears I had shed until the holy instant of revelation, though.

I've just completed a week of fiddling with PD (Unity is over 20-21 gigs now) and...
- Compared to Share, I seem to be waiting a bit longer, though this is variable...I'm certain it has to do with long wait queues due to more people switching to PD.
- I love the file rating system. Goodbye ubiquitous fakes from Share! Hello quality and authenticity! I won't spare a second thought for the vermin who keep reviewing certain files "copyright infringement" and voting them down, thus lowering the trust index.
- It has a lot of files from Share, but it also seems to lack some...which is both a curse and a blessing at the same time.
- I loathe the fact that PD is downloading in the background while I'm waiting for my turn to DL. I don't have unlimited bandwidth (telecom costs are higher here in Europe due to smaller market concurrence) and this can be a problem for me. I understand the necessity of building up a unity folder and sharing the contents to earn the download privilege, but this can be quite irritating if you've got a daily quota to observe.

I've got a question, though: what is the difference between "partial download" and "download" (it sounds self-explanatory, but one never knows) and what are the perks and downsides of this DL mode?

And a second one: I entered "一般コミック" as keyword to filter the PD file list somewhat (leaving me to add sub-keywords for more specific queries), but the resulting list seems to be capped at 1,000. Is there a way to blow this roof to smithereens or am I sentenced to make do with it?

Offline ruggia

• J-Hero
  • Renommée: 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: March 20, 2011, 05:14:14 AM »
hello, I just setup Perfect Dark, and it keeps telling me

I copied the nodes and tried changing the port to 25975 too, but it till gives me the same thing... help ?

Offline Sentinel

• J-Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: March 13, 2010, 11:20:42 AM »
I thought I'd ask here instead of making a new thread. I need some help. I was downloading Perfect Dark all happy-like when I had a blue screen on my computer. It's not overly unusual, I had an error with my MBR that I hope I've fixed. However, when I loaded up Perfect Dark, I noticed that it had reset my download to zero percent! I'm about to cry if I have to download a 30-gig file that I had at 88.8% start over at 0%...

The file in the unity folder is still there, I can see it, but Perfect Dark isn't reading it. Is there a way to force it rehash that download or something? I don't want to start over... It's done this once before, but it came back and I don't know how...

help?  :cries:

Offline Alpine

• J-Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: October 14, 2009, 12:23:42 AM »
Hey! thanks gr8 tut ! :yay:

Offline silverado

• Administrator
  • J-Titan
  • Renommée: 395
    • View Profile
    • Manga Underground
« Reply #190 on: October 12, 2009, 04:20:55 PM »
No, it uses its own network.

Offline Adjin

• J-Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: October 12, 2009, 04:09:27 PM »
Does Perfect Dark use same networks as Winny and Share?

Offline Kaze105

• J-Hero
  • Renommée: 103
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: March 19, 2009, 12:02:44 PM »
When i view it, it seems like hte words are damn small, how can i change the setting to make the words larger?

Offline francis1240

• J-Member
  • Renommée: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: August 15, 2008, 08:45:48 AM »
There's a problem when I add upload files, it'd create a duplicate cache in unity folder. My HDD need to be doubled or even trippled if I use more than one p2p software.

Offline ProD1952

• J-Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: July 05, 2008, 07:38:24 PM »
Thx Silverado for all the help explaining the setup of PD, I actually used the program when it was 0.880 and recently tried to install the newest one.  I never had a problem before but now encounter the port forward error :/, All firewalls were disabled, I opened a designated port, and did everything I did from 0.880 to get it working, im really confused as to why this port-forward error is even still coming up :/

Offline silverado

• Administrator
  • J-Titan
    • View Profile
    • Manga Underground
« Reply #185 on: July 02, 2008, 01:12:51 AM »
I have no clue how the search cluster works. Your files are probably uploaded to the nearest ip. If the guy with your files is not offline and your files unpopular, then you won't find it again  :hahaha:

Offline Lastwebpage

• J-Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: July 01, 2008, 05:21:11 AM »
Hello,
I still have a question,
when I uploaded some files, why I can't find all files when I search for it?

Are the files automatic removed after some time?

Pter

Offline whitezero

• J-Overlord
  • Renommée: 39
  • añsdlfkjghoquier
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: July 01, 2008, 12:40:07 AM »
no, i figured it out. The status of the uploader is sleeping
(-w-)zZz

Offline silverado

• Administrator
  • J-Titan
    • View Profile
    • Manga Underground
« Reply #182 on: June 30, 2008, 05:19:02 PM »
in most case it's a port blocking firewall.

Offline whitezero

• J-Overlord
  • Renommée: 39
  • añsdlfkjghoquier
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: June 30, 2008, 01:52:23 PM »
why i can't download??!!
I try to download alive but after one hour it stills in 0.0%

Offline Hisoka

• J-Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #180 on: June 27, 2008, 04:15:07 PM »
Thanks for the response. Let the pain begin!

Offline silverado

• Administrator
  • J-Titan
    • View Profile
    • Manga Underground
« Reply #179 on: June 27, 2008, 03:18:26 PM »
your maximum bandwidth can only be achieved by proxy servers from your provider. in order to establish an oversea connection this big you would have to move closer to one of the main servers  :hahaha:

270 KB/s is lucky, i get sometimes only 20 KB/s. sometimes 400 KB/s. I even downloaded dragonball complete with 40 KB/s. So YOU haven't even tasted pain, yet!

Offline Hisoka

• J-Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: June 27, 2008, 02:52:52 PM »
Any tips how to speed up my downloads? PD downloads only a small fraction of the files, stops, resumes, repeats and this goes on for days. The downloading files often get highlighted in red and I have no clue what that means, since the download does resume in time. I would guess it means that there aren’t any users available at the moment with the certain file but that’s only a guess. So far I have not seen the "promised" high speed downloads even though I have 10/10m connection. PD only uses 270 Kbit/s max anyway.

I have tried to set the connection type to T8 but that doesn't really solve the issue. Could it be because I'm from Netherlands and Japan in not really that close to me?

BTW: Thank you for the manual :yay:

Offline silverado

• Administrator
  • J-Titan
    • View Profile
    • Manga Underground
« Reply #177 on: June 25, 2008, 04:54:27 PM »
perfect dark automatically creates a temp folder with random file pieces called "cache". traffic is in and outgoing since you automatically share the file pieces, that are downloaded to your pc. this is to make the files of other people stay online as long as possible. remember pd was made for HIGH BANDWIDTH users. it's not like emule where you only need 10 KB/s upload in order to be able to download something.

Offline paloalto

• J-Starter
    • View Profile
Re: Whom are we uploading
« Reply #176 on: June 25, 2008, 08:50:34 AM »
Hi,

I had a question regarding file upload.
When I start perfect dark, the gui shows that it is sending something.
Whom are we sending and what are we sending

Offline Lastwebpage

• J-Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: June 11, 2008, 05:00:23 AM »
maybe someone have a translation. ;)

Offline silverado

• Administrator
  • J-Titan
    • View Profile
    • Manga Underground
« Reply #174 on: June 11, 2008, 02:19:58 AM »
would you an american programmer makes his changelog in japanese?

Offline Lastwebpage

• J-Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: June 10, 2008, 11:27:00 PM »
Is there somewhere an english changelog?

Offline Aladar

• J-Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: June 02, 2008, 12:33:02 AM »
Sooo, for people who get slow downloads with PD.. I needed to set connection type up to 8Mbit/T1 to get decent download speeds, otherwise it used like 1/4 of my bandwith (on 2Mbit line).

Offline silverado

• Administrator
  • J-Titan
    • View Profile
    • Manga Underground
« Reply #171 on: May 20, 2008, 07:11:35 PM »
Yes, it needs to fill up its cache with 2 gb first before it starts to download.

Offline adrianmak

• J-Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: May 18, 2008, 08:41:34 PM »
i queued a file to download but it didn't appear to download.

Are there any criteria to get the file download. ?

Offline Aachen

• J-Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: May 18, 2008, 04:35:01 AM »
Ok, this is friggin weird.. I'm running PD already for few days, it downloads ALL the time (only about ~20kB/s, but still..), and yet my unity folder is only 17MB.. Anyone here having the same problem?

this happened somethimes here, i reinstalled the intire PD to get works correctly

Offline Aladar

• J-Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: May 17, 2008, 01:43:12 AM »
Ok, this is friggin weird.. I'm running PD already for few days, it downloads ALL the time (only about ~20kB/s, but still..), and yet my unity folder is only 17MB.. Anyone here having the same problem?

Offline adrianmak

• J-Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: May 12, 2008, 08:40:04 AM »
in winny and share, having a trigger function for file download  automatically .
We can add files to download by hash, filename pattern  match, id, etc published by someone

does perfectdark has such function too ?

Offline silverado

• Administrator
  • J-Titan
    • View Profile
    • Manga Underground
« Reply #166 on: May 12, 2008, 08:03:01 AM »
Yes it does.

Offline adrianmak

• J-Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #165 on: May 12, 2008, 07:16:13 AM »
After adding keyword search string for a specific file, does perfectdark keep searching it automatically ?

Offline DarthBlade

• J-Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: May 01, 2008, 06:43:14 PM »
Hi, I'm using 1.02 and having some trouble.
It connects just fine (I have a 2mbps DSL line), but:
1) Uploading is extremely slow. The send speed is stuck at around 20 kb\s, when it should be around 150
2) I can't download. Even though it uses the incoming channel almost to the max (150 kb\s of the possible 200), downloads don't progress and unity grow very, very slowly. It seems to be.. uh... downloading something else? Disregard that, downloads took off when Unity reached 100 MB.

Offline silverado

• Administrator
  • J-Titan
    • View Profile
    • Manga Underground
« Reply #163 on: May 01, 2008, 03:56:38 PM »
Perfect Dark was designed for HIGHSPEED connections.

Offline dynaemu

• Rawrjin~
  • J-Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: May 01, 2008, 07:35:42 AM »
Is there any way to speed up the 2GB unity folder? o__o;

I'm kinda impatient to use this to DL  XD

Offline Aachen

• J-Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: April 25, 2008, 01:43:39 AM »
My task window are always blank, can someone explain me why? Please
I'm downloading several files but still blank...

Offline amiable34

• J-Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: April 12, 2008, 10:43:01 PM »
just a thought for people pasting nodes into perfectdark and text diappearing,have you got windows language pack installed.like when you go onto japanese websites, explorer asks you to install language pack before opening japanese website,just a thought.

Offline aqwxsz1111

• J-Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: April 02, 2008, 07:24:24 PM »
Hi,
I have some problem with this soft. It seem that it was correctly connected, and I have alredy share more than 1BG of data but my unity folder not growing (stil ~10MB) and I can't download files.

Offline silverado

• Administrator
  • J-Titan
    • View Profile
    • Manga Underground
« Reply #158 on: March 08, 2008, 01:35:11 AM »
then your firewall's still blocking all outgoing connections

Offline zaio

• J-Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: March 07, 2008, 11:50:43 PM »
I have problem with this program i try many port but it is still perfect dark is offline

Offline Lastwebpage

• J-Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: March 03, 2008, 12:37:44 AM »
I am still not sure how to share a file...

When I use eMule, I specific one or more folders with files to share,
if someone is interested he can download the files from me.

-How Perfect Dark share files? I guess I must upload it, but where is this file stored? I guess in this 20GB temp file, is this correct?
-When I try to upload a file, PD ask me for keywords, is there somewhere a list of possible keywords? What should/can I enter in this fields? (Solved: Seems to me every Keyword are possible, it's only a tag system for the files, but the tags are not fixe defined)
-When I finished with the upload, I see it in information->log and the file is removed from the upload list, is it correct that the file not appear in "search"? If yes, why? (Solved: Seems to me the "Search" show not all files

-When I finished with a download, can I remove the file or should I leave it in the download folder? (like downloaded files in emule)

-When I look in the search I find some files with a sign, what means sign in this table? What can I do with it? (Solved: Nothing at the moment, but it's possible to search from a special user)
-What is a "gather" ? (Solved: direct downloadlinks are shown there)
-Why the state for a forum is "download"? (SOLVED: This means listen to this feature, OD check for new entires)
-This "floots" are very funny, but what's the sense of it? (Solved: Yes, it's just for fun)

Sorry for all this questions, but I am still very confused.

Peter

EDIT: some questions are solved in the menatime.

Offline ar-a-mach

• J-Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: February 17, 2008, 04:12:07 PM »
hi everyone  :trala:

i'm here to tell you that perfect dark works like a charm in linux 8my case mandriva 2008 power pack and mandriva 2008 free on my laptop  :yay:

::says hi to windows::  :kaede:

have a look  :blush:

Offline Niko^

• J-Starter
  • Renommée: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: February 02, 2008, 05:12:26 PM »
1.000 adds translation ability. Use write mutagen and you will get language.txt in mutagen folder.
Select "other language" as language.
Then add translation to third line.

id "10"
" information "
" ?? "

would become

id "10"
" information "
" ?? "
" translate here "

Red means that no more pieces is available.

Offline MJH47

• J-Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: February 02, 2008, 07:48:30 AM »
Thank you for all of your help.  Perfect Dark is unlike any program I've ever used before, so it's taking some getting used to.  I was able to get it up and running in about half an hour though, whereas I never could get the hang of Share. 

Edit: Another question, if anyone knows the answer, what does it mean when a file in your download list becomes highlighted in red? 

Offline silverado

• Administrator
  • J-Titan
    • View Profile
    • Manga Underground
« Reply #152 on: February 02, 2008, 07:24:27 AM »
You can think of the cache files as a public temporary folder, where everybody uploads something and add their parts to your cache folder. If the uploader is gone the files will still be accessable through the public cache. That's why it's called "Unity" folder, because all peers form a united virtual cache. Only a few people are using perfect dark so far and that's the reason why the unity folder has to be that big. As soon as it gets more popular and the number of caches grow, it's possible that it will be replaced by a smaller unity folder.

Offline MJH47

• J-Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: February 02, 2008, 07:14:57 AM »
Okay, I understand that you have to have 2.0 GB in your unity/cache folder before you can begin downloading.  What I don't understand is what exactly these files going into that folder are, and why you need 2 GB worth of them.  I also don't understand why even though I have a good connection, and my ports are forwarding properly, I'm only downloading these cache files at about 30-40kbps. 

Offline SZGY

• J-Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #150 on: January 29, 2008, 02:09:25 AM »
OK, here's what I found. Apparently Perfect Dark is suffering from the multiprocessor bug. Running it on a single CPU (by setting the affinity in Task Manager) makes the program work. As soon as I set it back to utilise all processors, all uploads and downloads are killed immediately. It just drops to 0kB/s 0kB/s...

I'm pretty sure this is why certain ppl got the "no download, no upload bug".

SZGY