Funds $52 | Needed $120
Like the community? Enjoy reading manga?
Then click on the small donation banner! Thx!

48%

Author Topic: Tutorial: How to start Share EX2  (Read 81637 times)

Offline Guavavip

• J-Starter
  • Renommée: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Tutorial: How to start Share EX2
« Reply #61 on: December 08, 2016, 10:46:42 PM »
Yo! I have a small question: Are people still using Share now? And also please update the link, they died.  :stabby:

Offline nikzezo

• J-Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: July 18, 2015, 08:20:09 PM »
i will give it a try thanks

Offline Miguelostos

• Global Moderator
  • Silver Dragon
  • Renommée: 5187
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 15, 2014, 08:56:49 AM »
Is it true that "Share cannot officially be downloaded from a website?" So how would I know if the Share I downloaded is the actual one?

Furthermore, is Share a better version of Winny (so I don't need both?)

Cheers

Here is a link for both EX2 and NT5. Currently, I can only get the former to work, but only to upload, not to download. And also, nodes disconnect after only a minute, which leaves me rather annoyed.
Anyway:
Sorry, please read the forum rules to see why you can't view spoilers and why you can't post in this forum section. Thank you!
And I do believe that share is the better option over winny. It was compromised years back, and by now, I think it'd be infested with viruses.
Edit:Added another version of share, A82.
These files aren't infected on my computer, but do scan them on yours just in case, before you try using them.

Offline krnsniper

• J-Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 15, 2014, 12:13:21 AM »
Is it true that "Share cannot officially be downloaded from a website?" So how would I know if the Share I downloaded is the actual one?

Furthermore, is Share a better version of Winny (so I don't need both?)

Cheers

Offline rajin90

• J-Regular
  • Renommée: 62
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 06, 2014, 12:18:08 AM »
Finally My Share start working :p!ssed:  :wahaha:

I just add my share port in Virtual Server list.   :wahaha:

Offline tsunade666

• J-Master
  • Renommée: 15
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 20, 2010, 07:26:20 PM »
where can you get more nodes? when I visit the site linked in the first post. I ended up in an adult site and a jap site that looks like search or something like yahoo and the other has a download link but no txt file or anything to copy paste with.

Plus how do you know if your share is working? my search is working and I can download on when searching but on the nodes tab. On the column of type. Their only show check, test and search but no share.

Offline alius

• J-Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 21, 2009, 07:52:22 PM »
Some Tips:

1# Using the database.

Share ex2s search function is normally very limited.
In order to get a better idea of what's available you need to build your database.
You do this by going to the "Triggers" tab and clicking "Add trigger".
Where it says "keyword" you type/paste the name of the show you're interested in,
under "option" the boxes "Enable" and "Add to DB only" should be checked, the rest should be unchecked,
at "min size" i recommend you put 100 Mbyte in order to avoid filling the database with irrelevant stuff(assuming you're looking for anime episodes),
at "max size" i recommend you put something like 700 Mbyte, unless ofcourse you are looking for huge files.
The rest of the fields should be empty. Now click "Add".

From now on Share will add every file it encounters to its database if it matches your trigger.
This means those files will show up when you do a regular search, even if you are not connected to a node that has a piece those files at the moment.

Keep in mind that as time passes the database will grow and the more triggers you have the faster it grows.
The bigger the database the more memory Share EX2 will use, every time you exit Share it will save its database to a file called "hash.db",
located in the folder where share is installed, by checking how big this file is you know how big your database is.
If you think your database is becoming too big then just remove all old database triggers, exit Share EX2 and delete the hash.db file,
next time you start Share it will have a new empty database.

#2 Rar files with recovery record.

Every now and then you will come across rar files that look like: "someshow (rr3%).rar".
This means if the file is incomplete you can repair it with winrar if less than 3 percent of the file is missing.
In order to even be able to open the file in winrar you must first convert your cache parts to a file,
you can do this by downloading a Share EX2 plugin called: CacheDumpEx (you can find it floating around on share).
just place cachedumpex in your plugins folder, and start share.
You will now have the ability to right click an item under your download tab and click "CacheDumpEx" ,
a new window will appear and you click "Dump".

Offline zephyranthez

• J-Recruit
  • Renommée: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 16, 2009, 02:25:38 AM »
i noticed that you can download files you found on sharedb by adding trigger. leave everything blank except the Hash. you use the hash of the one you found on sharedb. wait wait wait wait wait and voila! the trigger disappeared and a new download appeared!

Offline okashl24

• J-Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 12, 2009, 07:52:53 PM »
okay, so i think i got my share online. just a quick question though, how would i download specific files from sharedb.info for example
http://www.sharedb.info/index.php/57d74f0de9f7f9ca987843b500d4ea08f7aea672/?
is the long set of numbers and letters a node i add? or do i just search the name of the file?

Offline zephyranthez

• J-Recruit
  • Renommée: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 11, 2009, 11:30:53 AM »
is share still safe to use or is it preferable to use perfect dark now? I've got a limited quota for download so spending 2GB to download cache/unity is not really preferable... but I actually got share to work. it's a pain to learn about the cluster naming, though, as we can only enable 5 clusters and I don't understand the cluster plug-ins....

Offline hidedeco

• J-Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 13, 2008, 11:39:16 PM »
I've got a problem.

I've added upload folders a while ago but Share doesn't count size and files number in them. Status column says "unchecked".

need help, please.
You should try to follow the guide given at the beginning of this topic. Designate the folder and check them in the "Folders" flick in Share.

Offline Andgie

• J-Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: February 20, 2008, 03:13:32 PM »
I've got a problem.

I've added upload folders a while ago but Share doesn't count size and files number in them. Status column says "unchecked".

need help, please.

Offline xyz_cityhunter

• J-Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 17, 2008, 12:52:25 PM »
Those ??? are Japanese character... Maybe the forum doesn't support it...
Try google the term Sharedb, that's how i found the site...

Edit : Ok, here's the link...
hxxp://www.sharedb.com
hxxp://www.sharedb.info

Offline Sosodo

• J-Titan
  • Renommée: 98
  • Im not really here...
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 31, 2008, 02:53:48 PM »
Can you redo the clusters, its just a bunch of ??? now, or show me a place where I can find some? Please?  :housewife:

Offline xyz_cityhunter

• J-Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 27, 2008, 03:32:51 AM »
Done everything in the tutorial but again what's the minimum speed required to connect to the nodes?
Under the Nodes tab, the Type column only have "Test" and "Check" only... Doesn't have any "Share" for me...

And i found some info at sharedb site
6. (?????) [??????]????.zip
???????Wf2uQVqUHT   (??ID????? - ??ID????????????)
229,804,987 bytes
14d9f99abc90f9f9dd54c947f007b4a7357ab873
If i put this info into the Trigger, will it starts DL itself when the ShareEx2 got connected? Or still have to search it in the Queries to Dl it?

Offline Tomato of Justice

• J-Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 20, 2008, 10:53:51 PM »
Ooops sorry I posted in this forum by accident! I'll move it.

Offline silverado

• Administrator
  • J-Titan
  • Renommée: 396
    • View Profile
    • Manga Underground
« Reply #45 on: January 18, 2008, 11:06:03 AM »
First of all this is the share ex2 topic and i suggest you to open the ports.

Offline Tomato of Justice

• J-Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 18, 2008, 10:38:35 AM »
Hello all, I just got Perfect Dark 0.992 a while ago, and I've set everything up with the nodes - but still can't download anything. I get only 1 Kb for send, and 2 KB for receive, with no hits when I type in a keyword (I tried "anime" and "game" so I should be getting lots of hits ^_^)

The error message I get is "Perfect Dark is online, open port NOT confirmed." What do I do about this? I didn't enter an IP when first setting up Perfect Dark (wanted to remain anonymous) - is that the problem? Or is it referring to a port forwarding error?

Please help! Thanks in advance! ^_^

Offline silverado

• Administrator
  • J-Titan
    • View Profile
    • Manga Underground
« Reply #43 on: January 16, 2008, 08:32:08 PM »
Quoting will narrow the cluster to the exact search term and it's possible that caps matters, although I doubt it..

Offline myopius

• J-Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 16, 2008, 12:06:40 PM »
silverado, I really appreciate this thread. With your tutorial's help I was finally able to make share work!

I've had troubles with nodes in the past, but I was able to make them work with this exact simple method:

- Clicked the Nodes tab in the main application (on the left) and then clicked the Add Node button.
- Went to http://p2p-db.net/share/ and right-clicked on the link to share_ex.txt and selected "Save Link As...". Saved that file to my hard drive.
- Clicked "Load from file" and selected the file I had just saved.
- Clicked Add.
- Clicked Close.

As soon as I did that, I noticed a bunch of bouncing lines of information in the status box which composes the lower half of the application, because share attempted to connect to the nodes immediately after I clicked Close. And did connect, and stayed connected. My previous failed attempts probably failed because I either a) used different node lists which were probably either for a different service (like Winny) or just not functional, or b) didn't have my connections set up properly (this time I told share to use port 1234, opened up port 1234 on my firewall, and told ZoneAlarm to give Share.exe free reign).

Question: I've seen people with cluster names in quotes, like "ONE PIECE"... Does quoting matter? (Does capitalization matter?)

Offline silverado

• Administrator
  • J-Titan
    • View Profile
    • Manga Underground
« Reply #41 on: January 08, 2008, 09:51:08 AM »
Yes longer cluster names will work as well. It just shouldnt be too exotic.

Offline slyph

• J-Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 08, 2008, 09:25:36 AM »
is it possible to add more than one name/word in a cluster string?

intead of having just 5 clusters i can have like 40 if i just make a long line but under the character limit.  will it still work like that or does it only search for the first work/name i put in the cluster string?

for instance lets say i have BoA has a cluster

but instead of just boa

i type "BoA EAC HDTV DVDISO"
and check the box for that after adding it.  will that work or does it only work for teh first word which would be BoA?

Ive been using share for quite a while but was always curious about this.

thanks

Offline silverado

• Administrator
  • J-Titan
    • View Profile
    • Manga Underground
« Reply #39 on: January 04, 2008, 07:04:50 PM »
Those are not compatible but with luck it will give you multi client nodes.

Offline Tabith

• J-Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 04, 2008, 06:48:53 PM »
Thanks for the guide, been awhile since I've used Share. Quick question though: I got my nodes from http://p2p-db.net/
(the link you gave for the perfect dark nodes) and added the Share TCP/UDP nodes. Can I also add the Winny nodes for better results?

Offline silverado

• Administrator
  • J-Titan
    • View Profile
    • Manga Underground
« Reply #37 on: January 04, 2008, 02:42:39 AM »
How should we know which of your ports are open to the internet? Try a number and look if it works.

Offline Oedipwns

• J-Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 04, 2008, 01:12:13 AM »
When I opened up General Settings for Share, it won't let me click OK until I type a Port number in the Network tab. How do I find the port I want?

Offline sampah

• J-Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 29, 2007, 05:10:16 PM »
See screenshot one and then two and three. I can't connect at all. I've already configured my network settings

Share EX2 requires your computer to be accessible from the internet at least on one network port (you entered 6667). please make sure you have configured your firewall / router to port forward this port to your computer.

You can also retry connecting and see the "Log" tab and post any errors encountered.

Offline pablobhz

• J-Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 26, 2007, 12:45:34 AM »
I'm not behing any router.
I have a cable connection, but i can't access my modem (ISP do not allow it)
Its an Webstar DPC2100
Everything works fine with Winny, fine with torrent or any other P2P. Only share is giving me trouble.
It can happen each 5 minutes, or each one hour. Its strange.
I'm using Share EX2, with NodeRefresh, NodeKun . My upload folder isn't full, but i have many things on cache to upload (around 30GB).
If there's any suggestion i'll try it. Thanks
p.s: I'm thinking about try Share UDP version. If i just start share.exe of udp version, instead of TCP it works with no problems (i mean, cache & all that stuff)
Thanks a lot
Pablo

Offline silverado

• Administrator
  • J-Titan
    • View Profile
    • Manga Underground
« Reply #33 on: November 25, 2007, 11:09:22 PM »
Maybe it's a firewall or router issue. Have you tried to open both UDP and TCP ports?

Offline pablobhz

• J-Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 25, 2007, 10:59:40 PM »
I've got a problem with Share EX2.
It keeps giving me an "Disconnected due to port error".
But i've checked the port at canyouseeme.org , and many other places to check if the port is open. Everything is allright.
It started two days ago. Share was working fine before it.
What can i do ? I have no more ideas. If anyone can help me a bit, i'll be glad.

Thanks a lot
Pablo