Funds $0 | Needed $120
Like the community? Enjoy reading manga?
Then click on the small donation banner! Thx!

0%

Author Topic: LOOKING FOR LIGHT NOVELS TO READ  (Read 1622 times)

Offline JoJoInc

• J-Starter
  • Renommée: 0
    • View Profile
Re: LOOKING FOR LIGHT NOVELS TO READ
« Reply #17 on: October 15, 2018, 03:29:21 AM »
If you haven't, I suggest trying KonoSuba: God’s Blessing on this Wonderful World!, an incredibly funny take on the standard isekai trope. It's pretty much a mash of comedy and cringe worthy moments for anyone to get get at least something out of it.

Offline misternimon

• J-Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 07, 2018, 02:05:53 AM »
"Erased" (僕がいない街)

Offline swordd

• J-Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 07, 2018, 01:05:03 AM »
Depending on what you are looking for, isekai novels usually are the most popular ones right now. However majority of them are very self-serving and pedestals the protagonist to no end, "like whao i'm so strong, i'm so cool" etc etc. Alot of them do start off nicely then just fades into boring writing, however if you are into such novels there are the major ones like arifureta... or tsukiga michibiku isekai.

Offline alevic

• J-Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 06, 2018, 10:29:56 AM »
I recommend "If It’s for My Daughter, I’d Even Defeat a Demon Lord". I really enjoy it! Once you saw the girl in this novel, you could not escape from the cute.

Offline Fizys

• J-Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 27, 2018, 01:36:48 PM »
I'd recommend, sorry it has a really long name, "I, the Demon Lord, Took a Slave Elf as my Wife, but how do I Love Her?". Has an overpowered MC and plenty of action along with the romance. It's still fairly new though, so no too much to catch up on.

Haken Kouki no Altina AKA Altina the Sword Princess, also has romance and action, with a bit of harem. The main character isn't physically over powered, but he is very strong, and the second main character is physically strong (Altina). The series has quite a few volumes (13) and is still ongoing.

Hope you enjoy.

Offline SteinsAgent

• J-Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 11, 2018, 06:54:44 PM »
Utsuro no Hako to Zero no Maria

Offline Kirin19

• J-Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 01, 2018, 08:38:19 AM »
ROMANCE & ACTION: Mahouka Koukousei no Rettousei, Re: Zero kara hajimeru, Yahari Ore no Seishun love machigatteru

HAREM: Mushoku Tensei

other LN that i would reccomend: Black Bullet (LN is better than the anime) , Overlord and Tsuki ga muchibuki.

Offline asbak13

• J-Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2018, 05:12:16 PM »
Try seven
Story about a boy who share body with his ancestor
For me the story is very unique
Adventure,overpowered mc and of course harem with beautiful girls

Offline Sagefoxnaruto

• J-Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2018, 08:56:58 PM »
Tensei Shitara Slime Datta Ken is a good read. Guy reincarnates as a Slime and slowly build his own country full of multiple races while fight Demon lords and such.

Offline catdog557

• J-Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2018, 04:54:14 AM »
Seconding the recommendations for "Utsuro no Hako to Zero no Maria". Because of its structure, it's a type of story that only works because it's a light novel. You won't find yourself saying "I wish this was a manga/anime instead" while reading it.

Offline fireutsie

• J-Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2018, 11:28:26 AM »
For now I can recommend these:

A scifi mech action novel about a band of child soldiers treated as subhumans and going out on war in mechs: 86―エイティシックス―
A novel about a JP man who got transported into the game world where he's one of the most op existences but gets misunderstood by his npc (yandere) underlings: Overlord
How to run a theme park 101: Amagi Brilliant Park
Being a mercenary boss of child soldiers is hard: Marginal Operation
Your not so average knight in shining armour who rescues and protects the princess: Rain
Ever wondered about the story of a guy who sold all his remaining life time until he had only 3 months left to live?: Three Days of Happiness
The life of highschool "detective" who gets dragged into all kinds of trouble on campus due to a curious girl: Hyouka
A strategist in a fantasy world and his band of friends: Nejimaki Seirei Senki – Tenkyou no Alderamin
Ever wonder what kind of things would happen if you were stuck in a time loop without knowing the reason?: Utsuro no Hako to Zero no Maria

Offline aiken1991

• J-Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2018, 10:54:37 AM »
If you are interested in the Reincarnation genre, then give 'Seirei Gensouki' a try. This is one of the best Reincarnation light novel I ever read.  :evil-thought:

Offline trongminh118

• J-Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2018, 09:13:33 PM »
Have you already tried Overlord ? In which the MC is pretty OP right at the beginning

Offline HistoryNerd

• J-Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2018, 10:23:26 AM »
Well , new to this site but pretty much a weeb... Overlord is a good one with an MC who is overpowered. Harems... well, XD Highschool DXD, is a go to. And one of my favorites is No game no life. Harem, smart (brain) fights and girls. Any questions I could answers just ask away. Enjoy!

Offline oathofoblivion

• J-Starter
  • Renommée: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2017, 10:24:32 PM »
Hmm, if you like those genres I suppose you would like something on the line of Lazy Dungeon Master and Death March? The MCs there are pretty OP and they have quite a bit of action scenes. But they lean towards comedy over action though. If you prefer more action scenes then I suppose you would like World Teacher better then.

Offline Clattanoia

• J-Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2017, 09:59:58 AM »
I not much of a novel reader myself, despite have read a handful of them. I can recommend you my favorite one, which is "Utsuro no Hako to Zero no Maria." It has 7 volumes. The story revolves around boxes that grant wishes to those who open it, but it takes everything, even the doubts into account, so you can wish for someting supernatural, but if you don't believe it yourself, it's gonna come up according to your conception. It's pretty complex, but it sure is amazing. Give it a try.

Offline ElementalRose

• J-Starter
    • View Profile
LOOKING FOR LIGHT NOVELS TO READ
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2017, 11:18:42 AM »
Good day otakus. I am actually a new member to the society. I was hoping that some of you might share an idea or two of any light novel you might recommend to me. Genre that I like are romance, action, harem and where MC are Overpowered or may not be overpowered. Thank you for your ideas in advance. 😀