Funds $0 | Needed $120
Like the community? Enjoy reading manga?
Then click on the small donation banner! Thx!

0%

Author Topic: Campione! vol.01-18+  (Read 243098 times)

Offline tonyorobsky

• Expert of the 9 ancestral arts
  • J-Addict
  • Renommée: 41
    • View Profile
Re: Campione! vol.01-14+
« Reply #789 on: October 03, 2013, 03:35:15 PM »
Now what will it be??

Continuation of the trip in the past to stop bring back the troublesome campiones??

Or something new?? Why not an entire volume about the others campiones and nothing about Godou??

Let's wait and see... I hope I'll be able to get a GT of the volume (If so, maybe i'll make a summary...)

Offline shinkutiger

• J-Starter
  • Renommée: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #788 on: October 03, 2013, 03:24:37 PM »
October 25. Page got updated on Baka-tsuki

Offline DrunkDragon

• Forum Donator
  • J-Master
  • Renommée: 86
    • View Profile
« Reply #787 on: October 01, 2013, 09:44:56 AM »
It should be in October, not sure on the date though.

Offline GarethXL

• J-Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #786 on: October 01, 2013, 02:06:02 AM »
anybody got any news on when the next vol will be coming out?

Offline Breimoon

• J-Hardcore
  • Renommée: 36
    • View Profile
« Reply #785 on: September 03, 2013, 12:05:09 PM »
campiones learn things only when battling, otherwise they have no motivation xD it was said they could train for a lot of years uselessly and then learn things istantly in battle

Offline talinnilat

• J-Member
  • Renommée: 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #784 on: September 03, 2013, 09:34:19 AM »
There are other things than fighting magic though they could learn if they wanted like flight magic, etc. Most of them don't seem interested because it would take time to learn and they have their individual obsessions(his is trying to lead a normal life, while the others are things like exploring, sword fights, magical mysteries, justice, etc.) taking up their time.

Offline jcsmith123

• J-Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #783 on: September 03, 2013, 07:50:10 AM »
I thought that it was pointless for a Campione to learn magic because in volume 1, it is mentioned that magicians could be considered imitations of Campione. Why would they need to learn how to cause mass havok when they excel at it already?

Offline Bludvein

• J-Regular
  • Renommée: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #782 on: September 03, 2013, 12:56:17 AM »
Campiones gain divine power which is different from actual magical power.
Even if I'm wrong, with "magical control" he should be able to "control" his "large reservoir of magic".

Campiones get magical reserves supposedly like 100 times greater than even an elite mage. That could be called a divine power, but its not any different except in quantity. Their authorities use it too.

Plus I already explained why he doesn't use that buff on magic. Its not a passive effect, and he needs to keep it in reserve in case he needs to use the sword. I suppose he could use it for magic (and for that matter the goat gives magical control too) if he actually bothered to learn any, but that comes back to his "I'm normal" problem.

Offline chraiti6119

• J-Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #781 on: September 02, 2013, 08:46:48 PM »
‏‎Magical power in campione doesn't refer to the ability to use magic.It is what other fiction stories call 'chakra','reiatsu','mana','ki','chi'..  ‎

Offline FudgeNouget

• J-Member
  • Renommée: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #780 on: September 02, 2013, 05:25:08 PM »
You seem to have a misunderstanding about the nature of Circe's blessing. It gives magical control, not power. Godou never had any problems on the power front to begin with. Again, not sure where you got that he had problems there? All campiones gain a very large reservoir of magic in their transformation. He just lacked sensitivity, which makes his efforts at magic crude and hilariously overpowered.

Unfortunately its a limited time effect rather than a passive buff, so learning magic would still be rather inefficient. He needs to keep the buff in reserve in case he needs to use the sword.
Campiones gain divine power which is different from actual magical power.
Even if I'm wrong, with "magical control" he should be able to "control" his "large reservoir of magic".

Offline tonyorobsky

• J-Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #779 on: September 02, 2013, 12:45:33 AM »
can anyone tell me when will the next volume of the light novel will be released because i want to know about circe's gift to godou and if it can be used to steal authorities of the other campione!

...You ask about Circe's gift when the answer is just around 11/13 posts before yours...

Offline kiritoxasuna

• Novel Fanatic!
  • J-Addict
  • Renommée: 13
  • must read a volume of light novel a day
    • View Profile
« Reply #778 on: September 01, 2013, 08:11:36 PM »
can anyone tell me when will the next volume of the light novel will be released because i want to know about circe's gift to godou and if it can be used to steal authorities of the other campione!

Offline tonyorobsky

• J-Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #777 on: August 31, 2013, 12:40:57 PM »
Actually, godou is the one who doesn't want to learn magic and swordsmanship not that he can't use it because he considers himself 'normal'.

Yep :sigh: !!! ...That guy is slightly screwed in his mind :maikka: ...

Offline chraiti6119

• J-Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #776 on: August 31, 2013, 11:00:47 AM »
Actually, godou is the one who doesn't want to learn magic and swordsmanship not that he can't use it because he considers himself 'normal'.

Offline Bludvein

• J-Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #775 on: August 30, 2013, 11:39:12 PM »
Well Circe WAS "half-dead" so I actually didn't even expect Godou to get an authority during the entire arc (since we all know how much the author hates giving new authorities to the MC). If anything, he should've gotten one from Lancelot who he defeated fair-and-square when she was at her maximum power.

What's more is apparently Circe's authority let's Godou have immense magical powers (which he did not have before - since Godou has like 0 magical power). But the thing is, he's not gonna use it for magic or anything, but rather just for controlling the Sword of Beginning and End....

You seem to have a misunderstanding about the nature of Circe's blessing. It gives magical control, not power. Godou never had any problems on the power front to begin with. Again, not sure where you got that he had problems there? All campiones gain a very large reservoir of magic in their transformation. He just lacked sensitivity, which makes his efforts at magic crude and hilariously overpowered.

Unfortunately its a limited time effect rather than a passive buff, so learning magic would still be rather inefficient. He needs to keep the buff in reserve in case he needs to use the sword.

Offline FudgeNouget

• J-Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #774 on: August 30, 2013, 03:23:19 PM »
Well Circe WAS "half-dead" so I actually didn't even expect Godou to get an authority during the entire arc (since we all know how much the author hates giving new authorities to the MC). If anything, he should've gotten one from Lancelot who he defeated fair-and-square when she was at her maximum power.

What's more is apparently Circe's authority let's Godou have immense magical powers (which he did not have before - since Godou has like 0 magical power). But the thing is, he's not gonna use it for magic or anything, but rather just for controlling the Sword of Beginning and End....

Offline DrunkDragon

• Forum Donator
  • J-Master
  • Renommée: 86
    • View Profile
« Reply #773 on: August 10, 2013, 09:24:50 PM »
Just a thought but with Circe's authority he might be able to better control his authorities, equal less restrictions.

Offline gabeo

• J-Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #772 on: August 10, 2013, 01:51:47 AM »
well base on what Godou have

10 diffrent from VereThragna ( usefull in multi case expecialy golden sword - force seal enemy authory )

Ama no Murakumo no Tsurugi ( 2nd strongest stell ? + divine atifact personaly + Ena ) even can mix with Verethragna to create more powerfull atk + def ability

Sword of Beginning and End ( orb which absorb everything = black hole )

now the guide to can use better that utlm skill

with those pass counter with gods/other campione he can use Veretghragna authory more better ( from each one after other now both in same time )

he already become baddass :p!ssed: just problem about restrict and knowledge
if he can get unlimit wisdom from Athena ( or have Athena beside him all time ) then everything is done : just kiss Athena before battle - Golden sword seal all enemy authory - black hole send him to other word  :rapeist: :rapeist: :rapeist:
Make war with Zeus or Hades , kick their ass then seat on highest seat
end story  :hahaha:

im forgot , Ama no Murakumo no Tsurugi can even copy Authory from enemy . so how much battle strength Godou has now ?

Offline Ellimist

• J-Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #771 on: August 09, 2013, 08:55:05 PM »
Hahaha damn i hate the restrictions placed on godou lol.Even black prince alec and aisha received useless aurhorities that actually did something. The divine power over magical control? Seriously from all the other awesome and lame abiltities gifted to campione this is the least flashy! .Lol godou is still pretty useless as ever with the exception of the sword of the beginning and end, which was copied feom the king of the end's sword. I suppose athena and circe wanted to give him a fighting chance when the campione killer appeared. Bit does anyone have any idea who the king of the end is? From the hint given its probably jason of legends. The guy with a flying ship called argo going to fight a cyclopes for the golden fleece (sheepskin made of gold that apparently heal people and lands). Well whatever i dont think it will actually turn out to be him but thats the hint circe gave

Offline tonyorobsky

• J-Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #770 on: August 09, 2013, 03:10:08 AM »
Thanks. I must have read too quickly, I forgot about Athena's infinite wisdom. If it's impossible to control, then Circe's gift isn't bad.

"Last-chance desperation probably-kill-me-too" move to a "Lol-I-nuke-ur-face-noob"  :wahaha: , you gave me a good laugh with your wording

Offline XFire

• J-Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #769 on: August 08, 2013, 11:39:38 PM »
Of course :wahaha: !! We all know that Athena's gift is badass :wahaha:
I'm saying that what he received from Circe is worthless compared to what he got from the other gods before.
Verethragna, Melqart, Athena (x2), Appolon, Sun Wukong and co, Ama no Murakumo no Tsurugi, Lancelot, Saturnus, Circe...
10 encounter with gods and he got authorities from only 2 of them... Athena's gift is strong enough to be called a new authority, but Circe gift (which should be an authority considering the way he received it : she didn't use magic to transfert it, the transfert happened after her death like any other authority) in comparaison is... just a reason to make the girls (especially the weakening Yuri) kiss him a little less during battle
He could have learned to use Athena's gift over time (after all, it's very strong so the difficulty to use it was a good handicap, especially since the author don't like to power him up) but now he has a powerfull wide area attack he can likely use more than once in a day (In a way it's better than some of Verethragna's power and it'll be hard to find a god/goddess with an immunity/resistance against it and there isn't the one-use-per-day rule)
The author overpowered Athena's gift instead of giving Godou a new reasonable power...
Haa... Lately (since around v12) I've been complaining a lot about what the author made of Godou and his power in the novel (hell, it's HIS work, not MINE)... it irritated me too much, I should calm down a bit (a f**kin' lot)... Inhale, exhale...

Okay, now I see the problem. You thought Godou could learn to use the sword on his own. It's explicitly stated to be impossible, since it was an ability that used Athena's "infinite wisdom". Circe changed that. Her gift gives him the same power Athena had and allows him to do more than draw it.

Also, this was her express intention. Circe noticed that the sword was incomplete, and gave him this power to use it. So to re-iterate, she took Athena's gift and changed it from a "Last-chance desperation probably-kill-me-too" move to a "Lol-I-nuke-ur-face-noob" move. Athena gave him the bullet, Circe gave him the gun.

Offline tonyorobsky

• J-Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #768 on: August 08, 2013, 01:25:06 PM »
Just to be clear, you understand that the "Sword of Beginning and End" is far more powerful than everything Circe had, right? He just drew the damn thing and she had to run for her life.
Of course :wahaha: !! We all know that Athena's gift is badass :wahaha:
I'm saying that what he received from Circe is worthless compared to what he got from the other gods before.
Verethragna, Melqart, Athena (x2), Appolon, Sun Wukong and co, Ama no Murakumo no Tsurugi, Lancelot, Saturnus, Circe...
10 encounter with gods and he got authorities from only 2 of them... Athena's gift is strong enough to be called a new authority, but Circe gift (which should be an authority considering the way he received it : she didn't use magic to transfert it, the transfert happened after her death like any other authority) in comparaison is... just a reason to make the girls (especially the weakening Yuri) kiss him a little less during battle
He could have learned to use Athena's gift over time (after all, it's very strong so the difficulty to use it was a good handicap, especially since the author don't like to power him up) but now he has a powerfull wide area attack he can likely use more than once in a day (In a way it's better than some of Verethragna's power and it'll be hard to find a god/goddess with an immunity/resistance against it and there isn't the one-use-per-day rule)
The author overpowered Athena's gift instead of giving Godou a new reasonable power...
Haa... Lately (since around v12) I've been complaining a lot about what the author made of Godou and his power in the novel (hell, it's HIS work, not MINE)... it irritated me too much, I should calm down a bit (a f**kin' lot)... Inhale, exhale...

Offline XFire

• J-Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #767 on: August 08, 2013, 12:48:46 PM »
I don't really get it either...
Back to v13
Sorry, please read the forum rules to see why you can't view spoilers and why you can't post in this forum section. Thank you!
Sorry, please read the forum rules to see why you can't view spoilers and why you can't post in this forum section. Thank you!

What exactly did he receive from Circe?? An authority, or knowledge?? Because of his high magical defense, she couldn't have used magic to transfert her knowledge unless she kissed him (like Athena did on the verge of death), and she was in no condition to use any authority to give it to him. Since he received the power shortly after her death, it should be fine to assume it's a new authority.
However, during the fight with Uldin, it didn't look like he used a new authority, so it's confusing. It looks like the author decided to givee him a new authority in v13, but finaly refused to give him additional power (just like he refrained from giving power in all previous volumes), and changed Circe's power from 'authority' to 'basic magic knowledge'... what he used can't even be called a spell...

Ah... I opened a new tab and checked the Campione Wiki:
Yep, barely a new power... :yellowcard:
Seriously, she had Shield of Gold- A vortex of light spreads itself out like a canopy to block and absorb solar attacks (Circe is the goddess of dawn) and I believe she also used it to hide her appearance in the begining; Hero Confinement - Steal the Authorities; Eagle - Summon an eagle Divine Beast; Sea Serpent -Summon a Divine Beast in the form of a giant snake; Cyclops - Summon a Divine Beast with the powers of super strength and the ability to summon dark clouds in the sky and releasing lightning.
She had 5 powers and Godou didn't get a single one of them... :p!ssed: That author is... really... :sob: It would have been better to give him one of the divine beasts and have the girls kiss him :mlfy: to help him control Athena's power (and he enjoys making the girls kiss Godou)...

Just to be clear, you understand that the "Sword of Beginning and End" is far more powerful than everything Circe had, right? He just drew the damn thing and she had to run for her life.

Offline Breimoon

• J-Hardcore
  • Renommée: 36
    • View Profile
« Reply #766 on: August 08, 2013, 03:48:40 AM »
i'd really like another divine beast , possibly a phoenix/dragon so he could fly too by himself. But it seems like he will not have any new authority .........

Offline tonyorobsky

• J-Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #765 on: August 07, 2013, 01:55:23 PM »
can any tell me wat type of authory Dawn goddess give Godou ?  :huh:

something like help understand and more effect on that Utlm Black hole Athena gave Godou before ?

didnt get it from wat i read in v14 :p!ssed:

I don't really get it either...
Back to v13

What exactly did he receive from Circe?? An authority, or knowledge?? Because of his high magical defense, she couldn't have used magic to transfert her knowledge unless she kissed him (like Athena did on the verge of death), and she was in no condition to use any authority to give it to him. Since he received the power shortly after her death, it should be fine to assume it's a new authority.
However, during the fight with Uldin, it didn't look like he used a new authority, so it's confusing. It looks like the author decided to givee him a new authority in v13, but finaly refused to give him additional power (just like he refrained from giving power in all previous volumes), and changed Circe's power from 'authority' to 'basic magic knowledge'... what he used can't even be called a spell...

Ah... I opened a new tab and checked the Campione Wiki:
Yep, barely a new power... :yellowcard:
Seriously, she had Shield of Gold- A vortex of light spreads itself out like a canopy to block and absorb solar attacks (Circe is the goddess of dawn) and I believe she also used it to hide her appearance in the begining; Hero Confinement - Steal the Authorities; Eagle - Summon an eagle Divine Beast; Sea Serpent -Summon a Divine Beast in the form of a giant snake; Cyclops - Summon a Divine Beast with the powers of super strength and the ability to summon dark clouds in the sky and releasing lightning.
She had 5 powers and Godou didn't get a single one of them... :p!ssed: That author is... really... :sob: It would have been better to give him one of the divine beasts and have the girls kiss him :mlfy: to help him control Athena's power (and he enjoys making the girls kiss Godou)...

Offline gabeo

• J-Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #764 on: August 07, 2013, 01:11:18 PM »
can any tell me wat type of authory Dawn goddess give Godou ?  :huh:

something like help understand and more effect on that Utlm Black hole Athena gave Godou before ?

didnt get it from wat i read in v14 :p!ssed:

Offline Ellimist

• J-Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #763 on: July 20, 2013, 09:24:28 AM »
:freez: You don't know "The Elders Scroll 5, Skyrim"?? :escape: :imc:

...by the way, it's my char on my photo :XD:

Nah i was still planning to get it

Offline tonyorobsky

• J-Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #762 on: July 18, 2013, 10:09:53 PM »
hmmm never understand what you said besides those scenes you referred to...

:freez: You don't know "The Elders Scroll 5, Skyrim"?? :escape: :imc:

...by the way, it's my char on my photo :XD:

Offline FudgeNouget

• J-Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #761 on: July 18, 2013, 08:30:19 PM »
Indeed, the battle Old Sun was considered void because three campione faced him instead of one, plus didn't they did a combo finisher on Sun at the end of the fight?

Oh he's definitely grown stronger with the addition of the two abilities granted to him, plus he's mixing it up with dual wielding two authority is an interesting mix... I wonder what would happen if the Raptor and Boar was fused together... anyone feel like hopping on the boar express to the USA from japan under an hour?

Unfortunately that is true that he hasn't grown a damn back bone with him still shouting pacifist, but as the girls pointed out once he gets heated up he's pretty much unstoppable. (Or he gets charmed by a spell or uses the Youth Authority)

Both in destruction of environment and having his way with the girls...:sob:

Then again he SEEMS to be making some progress (slugs pace though) with the girls, if we look back we can see tiny progress been made. At least he doesn't have a harem that try to kill him, like a certain other MC from another series that got a yandere harem (IS), then again judging from what Ena and Erica said from Vol14 he might end up with a Y harem very soon.

Too bad he don't have access to the spell that Lancelot used on him that allowed him to reset his Authority within moments as oppose to a day... do anyone feel that would be rather broken if he could reuse all his authority within seconds instead of days...then again that might made his har... I mean friends obsolete.

I still think Godou should've received an authority from Lancelot even if it isn't ability reset or even combat oriented authority...
I'm going to be pretty pissed if the new born god/goddess from Athena + Lancelot is defeated by Godou, and Godou still doesn't get an authority..

Offline Ellimist

• J-Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #760 on: July 18, 2013, 07:40:14 PM »
hmmm never understand what you said besides those scenes you referred to...