Funds $13 | Needed $160
Like the community? Enjoy reading manga?
Then click on the small donation banner! Thx!

9%

Author Topic: About The Future of jCafe?  (Read 1225 times)

Offline Raza

• Korogaru Ishi ni Koke Mosazu
  • J-Regular
  • Renommée: 2
  • Keep you friends close and enimies closer~
    • View Profile
Re: About The Future of jCafe?
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2018, 09:22:36 AM »
After so many years, and you guys are still going strong! If there's anything I can do to help just DM me :D

Offline Ominae

• J-Hero
  • Renommée: 31
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2018, 08:22:01 AM »
I think finding new moderators willing to take over is a good thing.

Offline chocolatkey

• J-Starter
  • Renommée: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2018, 04:21:09 PM »
Another issue is probably hosting, as it has become increasingly difficult to find reliable hosting that allow the kind of content that we host. As you may know all torrent sites and forums have taken heavy hits from the industry and many big groups and sites have been taken down. It is no coincidence that jCafe was able to weather the storms in the last years and is more the result of good planning and commitment.
silverado

Hi, how difficult is it to find that hosting? I have managed to find pretty nice hosting for this kind of stuff, though I don't know under how much pressure you guys are. The donation budget (assuming it's filled ~3/4 of the way) is enough to fund for the kind of setup to protect the site against takedowns. Also your server software might be in need of some TLC, there are strange sporadic lag spikes. PHP7 + nginx if not already.

Offline Miguelostos

• Global Moderator
  • Silver Dragon
  • Renommée: 5206
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2018, 11:43:11 PM »
 :imc:
Hey silv
I wish I had the free time that as I used to, now I can only really mod sporadically when I'm on.
A fresh, dedicated Global Mod would be a good bet. And dedicated only implies checking all the boards' new posts on a daily basis. More than anything, it can be a little time consuming, but the boards aren't nearly as active as they used to be, so I think it would be completely manageable even every couple of days.
Sorry, please read the forum rules to see why you can't view spoilers and why you can't post in this forum section. Thank you!

Offline infyquest

• Eeeeeeeeeeevil Oneeeeeeee!!!!!!!!
  • Administrator
  • J-Highlander
  • Renommée: 121
    • View Profile
    • jcafe
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2018, 07:55:54 AM »
Most of us are in semi-retirement due to other comittments.

Solution is always to inject new blood.

I will be there for technical needs.

Offline silverado

• Administrator
  • J-Titan
  • Renommée: 399
    • View Profile
    • Manga Underground
About The Future of jCafe?
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2018, 09:22:39 AM »
Hello loyal lurkers and contributors!  :hi:

As you know jCafe has become less active and a lot of problems due to a shortage of board moderators have become more noticable.

The situation is that pretty much every moderator or admin have retired.

Me and some other loyal guards of the old team are the last remaining guardians of this forum.

I think the solution would be to get a new generation of moderators and another co-admin to take care of the forum.

Also I would like to hear your ideas and opinions on what you would like to change and how you would change it.

Another issue is probably hosting, as it has become increasingly difficult to find reliable hosting that allow the kind of content that we host. As you may know all torrent sites and forums have taken heavy hits from the industry and many big groups and sites have been taken down. It is no coincidence that jCafe was able to weather the storms in the last years and is more the result of good planning and commitment.

So I would really like to know what you think.

silverado