Funds $17 | Needed $120
Like the community? Enjoy reading manga?
Then click on the small donation banner! Thx!

16%

Author Topic: Dare to show your face  (Read 14652 times)

Offline BlockHead

• J-Hardcore
  • Renommée: 11
  • Don't mind me
    • View Profile
Re: Dare to show your face
« Reply #17 on: January 26, 2009, 08:53:31 PM »
Sorry, please read the forum rules to see why you can't view spoilers and why you can't post in this forum section. Thank you!
Sorry, please read the forum rules to see why you can't view spoilers and why you can't post in this forum section. Thank you!

Offline bakaneko16

• sup?
  • J-Regular
  • Renommée: 3
  • sky is blue?
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 26, 2009, 01:12:35 PM »
Peterbull

wathiroth

« Reply #15 on: January 26, 2009, 04:21:48 AM »

Offline infyquest

• Eeeeeeeeeeevil Oneeeeeeee!!!!!!!!
  • Administrator
  • J-Highlander
  • Renommée: 121
    • View Profile
    • jcafe
« Reply #14 on: January 26, 2009, 04:06:21 AM »

Offline red_pucca

• Mikami Pai.
  • Global Moderator
  • J-Titan
  • Renommée: 178
  • Can I have my candy now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 26, 2009, 04:04:16 AM »

Offline BlockHead

• J-Hardcore
  • Renommée: 11
  • Don't mind me
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 26, 2009, 03:23:33 AM »

Offline infyquest

• Administrator
  • J-Highlander
    • View Profile
    • jcafe
« Reply #11 on: January 26, 2009, 03:03:35 AM »

Offline red_pucca

• Mikami Pai.
  • Global Moderator
  • J-Titan
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2009, 02:35:09 AM »

Offline dragonspell

• I ♥ Winchester Boys!
  • jCafe Nobility
  • God of Water
  • Renommée: 515
  • And you know what? We kind of liked it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2009, 08:44:40 PM »
Silv is attempting to keep a God-like status, hmm?  Does this mean that we have to post our own depictions of what you look like just like worshippers have been doing since time began?  In the absence of a true depiction of God, mankind shall invent their own.  Pictures are our earliest and first language and way of thinking, so therefore we have a base desire to have a representation.  Especially of someone so important in our lives.  We also have a need to label everything, but that's neither here nor there.

So therefore, Silv, in the absence of water, we shall drink the sand!  You are a static picture of a bishounen in a top hat.  ...Or, you're a picture of an extremely blank wall, an amazing clean desk and some feet that may or may not smell.  o.O  I hope not.  I don't think disembodied feet have quite been as overdone as disembodied hands, but I think they might just be creepier.  Because of the smell thing.  But then again fingers can get where toes cannot and...  Let's just say I hope you are not disembodied feet.

Only Senbonzakura has seen the real you?  But that's so sad.  'Cause he's not telling of the legends.  ~_~  ...So you must be fairly certain that Senbonzakura is NOT a stalker (unless he's outside your window right now)?  ...We need hints.  Throw us a bone!  Your faithful, your true!  ...By the way, you do realize that I am just kidding with all of this right?  That I'm NOT actually this crazy (or at least I'd like to think I'm not o_o ).  Just insatiably curious; I do so like puzzles.  The man, the myth, the self-made legend!  You've built yourself up, boyo!

But in the end, I see this for what this is, and it's not a dangling carrot of perhaps seeing a glimpse behind the scenes of your own mythology (even though I'm easily distracted by such things).  And I've just got to say congratulations for putting it into a game form because now it's more like a challenge--either write a significant post or post a picture of yourself and be done with it, everything else put into a spoiler so it can be ignored.  Brilliant.  With all the false starts at restarting one overly spammed (but dearly loved) topic, I think you might have hit on a winner.  Spammage still allowed but carefully managed--an amazing way to work around jCafe's baseline mentality.

But in the end, don't underestimate some of us's ability to actually write over 15 lines of coherency (or at least something passing as coherency)(even though I don't think "us's" is actually a word...).  Some even think it's kind of fun.  'Cause writing this was so much more interesting that reading Shakespeare or an early Puritan's journal on Indian relations (or lack thereof).

I like this thread.  So kiss kiss and say hi to the family.

Offline infyquest

• Administrator
  • J-Highlander
    • View Profile
    • jcafe
« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2009, 07:58:36 AM »

Offline Natsu

• Supreme jCafe Owner.
  • J-Titan
  • Renommée: 151
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2009, 03:51:01 AM »

Offline pterbull

• J-Master
  • Renommée: 27
  • Mad Mathematician
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2009, 03:32:58 AM »

Offline laogoh

• Faceless. Old man is dead.
  • J-Legend
  • Renommée: 53
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2009, 03:26:21 AM »

Offline red_pucca

• Mikami Pai.
  • Global Moderator
  • J-Titan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2009, 03:25:48 AM »
Peterbull

Offline pterbull

• J-Master
  • Renommée: 27
  • Mad Mathematician
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2009, 02:54:38 AM »
Here's one:

Offline red_pucca

• Mikami Pai.
  • Global Moderator
  • J-Titan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2009, 02:48:10 AM »

Offline silverado

• Administrator
  • J-Titan
  • Renommée: 399
    • View Profile
    • Manga Underground
Dare to show your face
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2009, 02:39:43 AM »
Ok, here are the rules. You must either write 15 lines of text or post one picture of yourself (hopefully its one from your face) Since I'm the admin and have to keep a certain god-like status here, I can't reveal myself to the public. The only person who has ever seen me was Senbonzakura, so he knows what I look alike. Beside from that, now post your pictures. Every person who likes to comment on the pictures, can do it in a SPOILER!

Btw. fake pictures or onions are not allowed :hahaha: