Funds $0 | Needed $120
Like the community? Enjoy reading manga?
Then click on the small donation banner! Thx!

0%

Author Topic: Gantz_Waiting-room Feedback  (Read 42347 times)

Offline lupianwolf

• J-Starter
  • Renommée: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Gantz_Waiting-room Feedback
« Reply #114 on: September 15, 2017, 12:42:08 PM »
Hey, are you guys ever going to pick back up Kakugo no Susume/Apocalypse Zero. It's one of my favourites. Raws are available on Amazon.jp as well.

Offline nahu

• J-Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: February 10, 2015, 03:53:40 PM »
all the more considering the period during which it was first published.

Oh yeah.. Oesterheld (and his four daughters too) was kidnapped, probably tortured and disappeared (another way of saying killed) because of his work.

Offline Ikkyusan

• Global Moderator
  • J-Hero
  • Renommée: 91
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: February 10, 2015, 03:02:45 PM »
Oh, nice ! Thanks for the info. That's quite the old-school comic you bring up here. I've never heard of it (but then again, there's so many wonderful comics I have yet to discover). Apparently, part of El Eternauta has been published in french, three volumes from Oesterheld, and one other volume of the more recent version from Breccia. I'll try to check it out. The setting seems interesting, all the more considering the period during which it was first published.

Offline nahu

• J-Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: February 09, 2015, 09:32:46 PM »
That's sad to read that you're on your own mostly...
I guess it's the destiny of all scanlations groups: they merge assets with other surviving wolves or they die in the winter.

I wish i could help but i'm really amateur in this world (editing).
Right now i'm working in an argentinian comic called "El Eternauta" and the scans are pretty rough so they are giving me some headaches >.<
It's a sci-fi comic you might want to check, the first book is in english or french for sure. The hard ones to get are the following ones, specially 4 to 6.

Offline Ikkyusan

• Global Moderator
  • J-Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: February 09, 2015, 03:32:20 PM »
Yup, translating on my own, from french to english. I wish I could translate from japanese, but I never managed to learn the language. Everytime I started, I lost the pace after a few days and quit... I'd need a proper teacher...

Offline XacUop

• J-Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: February 06, 2015, 07:26:38 AM »
I see, thank you :shy: Are you translating on your own? Keep up the good work

Offline Ikkyusan

• Global Moderator
  • J-Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: February 05, 2015, 12:06:49 PM »
We're barely alive. Lone survivor here... working intermitently. (I did finish translating Desert Punk vol. 11, 12 and 13; translating Kiichi vol.3 right now).

The translators of Doro 7 were apperently markus and lilas. I've never had any contact with them, it was before I joined the team, so I can't help you to contact them, sorry.
As for the translation you had problem with, "Mai kewl devil" => "My cool devil" ⋍ "handsome devil". You know, the little demon they've got in their brains.

Offline XacUop

• J-Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: February 03, 2015, 08:10:27 AM »
How is it going? It's been a year since my last visit, I hope GWR are still here. I've finished translating 42 chapter of Dorohedoro from English to Vietnamese.
I'm wondering if there is some way to contact the translators back when GWR was doing Dorohedoro? I'm having some trouble translating chapter 43.5. Ebisu says 'Mai kewl devil' but I don't know what that means.
Or if there's some way to see what the raw scans say, I'd really appriciate! I've searched up and down with no hope.

EDIT: I've found the RAW and apparently she said ハンサム アクマ Handsome Akuma, eh?

Offline Ikkyusan

• Global Moderator
  • J-Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: February 28, 2014, 04:36:39 AM »
PM sent.

Offline ehdaberew

• J-Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: February 27, 2014, 09:04:53 PM »
Hello! I'm sorry if this is not the place to do this but I've been looking and I really can't find anywhere else? I've been through the faqs and other links and I couldn't find the answer to my question so here it is-

Is it okay if I were to use your scanlations to make edits and other things? After all that effort that went into it, I didn't think it was right to do it without permision... It would be quite helpful for you guys to state whether you're okay with people doing that? (Or maybe I just didn't come across that post or whatever it is...)

I hope you can help me or redirect me if answered before. Thanks!

(I kinda joined for this sole purpose, ahahaha.)

Offline crapmail234

• J-Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: February 05, 2014, 04:54:09 PM »
Hi. Thanks for all of your work.
I would like to read your fixed up version of Narutaru, but unfortunately the links seem to be dead: http://www.jcafe24.net/index.php?topic=12049.0
Any chance of a re-up?

--Edit--
Now that I've seen the earlier posts about Narutaru I'm guessing there won't be a re-up.
I've seen some comments online that seem to imply that MangaTraders has the GWR versions of the volumes, so I'll hope that's true and read the version they have.

--Edit 2 (For future reference)--
The MangaTraders version may have some of the GWR scans, but not all of them. At least some of the volumes they have seem to be censored.
I found what appears to be a complete collection of the GWR scans on Nyaa, now just hoping the lone seed shows up.

Offline Ikkyusan

• Global Moderator
  • J-Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: January 02, 2014, 06:39:33 AM »
Permission granted :D
Making these awesome mangas available to the rest of the world is basically why we scanlate.
Just make sure to give credits to those who worked on our releases, that's all I ask.
Good luck in your endeavour.

Offline XacUop

• J-Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: December 31, 2013, 11:18:41 AM »
Hi, I'm a reader of Dorohedoro and I liked it a lot. I've been reading GWR's scanlation for a while. I wanted to translate your scanlation from vol 1, to vol 17 if possible, into my mother language.

So, can you grant me permission? I'll be sure to add credit to your work in every chapter that I translated, I'll give you link to my translation if needed later.

Anyway, thank you for scanlating great mangas, it's thanks to those works I can read mangas which were normally inaccessible from places like mine.
Regard.

Offline Ominae

• J-Hero
  • Renommée: 31
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: January 29, 2013, 12:55:32 PM »
Right. So I'll PM you the stuff. The copies look fine. If and when I have the chance to get the Wide Bans and look at them, I may donate them for future scans.

My dad gave me some money for my B-day recently. And yeah, I await the full completion of Kyo. Was a bitch to translate when I had Japanese 101. Was really hard. Maybe I'll get back to studying it if I have the chance to wrap up my university stuff and get my damn degree in Pol. Sci.

Replied: January 30, 2013, 12:50:34 PM
All right, done. Now the only thing is to wait about Kyo. Been meaning to read it.  :wahaha:

Offline Lightysnake

• J-Regular
  • Renommée: 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: January 29, 2013, 12:04:38 PM »
No problem. My contact says he'll get to 'em when he can. He doesn't usually translate. thankfully, he owns the volumes

Offline Ominae

• J-Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: January 29, 2013, 09:43:43 AM »
Alright, so I got the 11 volumes. I will check if the quality is fine at least before I send it out.  :hi:

Offline Ominae

• J-Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: January 28, 2013, 08:12:46 AM »
Ah. Like I said, I could get the Wide Bans. Much better than the first collector's edition.

I just need to check if this particular Wide Ban does have all the chapters in it. 'Cause if it is (I saw the First Mission and Gold Rush side stories), I can get them when I can and mail it out to whoever is willing to get them scanned.

I also spoke to him about other interesting stuff like this and this, though the latter is what I suggested heavily to morten before since no one's bothering to touch it. He did say that he will look at it, 'cause it made by Minagawa.  :XD:

Offline Lightysnake

• J-Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: January 28, 2013, 08:07:50 AM »
Well, he likely won't showback up, so we have no way of getting them...infuriating to say the least

Offline Ominae

• J-Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: January 28, 2013, 08:02:52 AM »
Hmm.. I'm currently hunting for the stuff. I can get the original 11.

I'd love to help and get the 8 volumes in aizoban, but I don't know if I can scan it myself since I'm getting a bit busy in the next few weeks. I guess the 11 volumes will do unless someone steps up or morten gets himself known.

You know, I never got the chance to ask if he did scan the stuff. He told me that the translations were done.

PS - I'll PM you the stuff. Amazon Japan's selling the Wide Ban version of Spriggan. I may sacrifice some money to get them from AJ when I have the time and mail it to someone who's active in GWZ for the scanlation.

Offline Lightysnake

• J-Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: January 28, 2013, 07:54:15 AM »
Couldn't hurt. The guy I know says when he can, he can translate from the volumes he owns himself. The raws would only be for scanlation purpose

Offline Ominae

• J-Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: January 28, 2013, 07:51:15 AM »
Want me to sent in the side stories too? One of them's from the 8 volume collector's edition and another's from a Shogakukan magazine. Not sure on the issue.

Offline Lightysnake

• J-Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: January 28, 2013, 07:47:28 AM »
I believe the 11 volumes...the best I can do is get translations and I can do that with only marginal trouble. I'll see if I can help with Kyo since it's a one shot.

Offline Ominae

• J-Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: January 28, 2013, 07:39:19 AM »
The whole stuff is here for Kyo.

Everything's been translated from start to finish. Been waiting for morten to have a look at it. I have a RAW copy. I just need to check my other portable HD.

For the Spriggan one, I gave my stuff to morten a few years ago. Quite hard to look for Spriggan RAWs, but I have the side stories with me in my portable HD too.

PS - Are those copies the original 11 or the 8 volumes that are compressed?

Offline Lightysnake

• J-Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: January 28, 2013, 07:30:54 AM »
How much of Kyo is translated/who's doing it?

If there are any Spriggan raws at all, we can get it done.I know a guy who owns copies and I can get him to translate, but he likely won't provide raws

Offline Ominae

• J-Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #90 on: January 28, 2013, 07:01:49 AM »
Not that I'm aware of. I do remember Morten talking to me and said that he got translations done on Spriggan based on the RAWs I mailed to him. He also said that he's post them ASAP...

So uh... yeah. If we're to start over, I don't think it's easy to get Spriggan RAWs based on the collected editions.

For now, getting Kyo done could be a start since I got the translation on Morten's behalf. He said that he wants it released when possible.

Offline Lightysnake

• J-Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: January 28, 2013, 06:58:56 AM »
Cripes, Ominae, I may be able to hep with getting TLs for Spriggan if you want....I don't like leaving people high and dry like this...

you know any TLs for things?

Offline Ominae

• J-Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: January 28, 2013, 06:57:09 AM »
If that's the case Revil, it puts a bummer on future projects he and I talked about.

Especially since he wanted to scanlate Kyo (The translation is there since I asked someone to help with this), it's now the matter of getting work done. The big one was Spriggan...

:sob:

I first thought that it was some kinda joke. But yeah... thanks for letting some of us know.

PS - I've talked to Lighty and said that morten is not dead. False alarm. I apologize.

Offline Revilenigma

• Medically Certified Man-Child
  • J-Titan
  • Renommée: 193
  • #wow #whoa
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: January 26, 2013, 05:07:14 AM »
He died a month ago. It's just Ikkyusan, Lightysnake, crazyankan maybe and I. Lighty has his own group, Ikkyusan has been busy translating desert punk when he can and I'm working two jobs so I can afford to get the rest of No. 5's translations checked and I'm translating for Lighty. I want to finish some stuff up but I doubt I can ever make more time for scanlating. Think I forgot to send you the cleaning tutorial, sorry about that, you can find it on illuminati's site.

Offline Goral

• Firefly/Serenity fanatic
  • GWR Team
  • J-Regular
  • Renommée: 23
    • View Profile
    • MiB scanlations
« Reply #86 on: January 21, 2013, 06:31:53 PM »
I was wondering whether I should post this or not but I've lost my patience and I don't want my effort to be wasted. I've written this reply months ago after Morten's reply where he has shown how he treats his group's fans. I still naively believed then that he might back his words up but it was only a swan song.

@morten
I've offered my help and actually helped with Queen Emeraldas as a typesetter plus I've advertised your group in various of places like Manga Helpers (here and here), my blog which has over 10k views per month although at the time I've advertised it was only 3k (but the advertising post still remains), MAL and Animesuki the moment I've seen this but I feel that it was pointless thing to do since I've been treated like an ungrateful leecher anyway. I couldn't even get an answer to my question in the Desert Punk thread which wasn't even of the annoying type "when will you release next volumes" but I was merely asking for any kind of update, even telling me that you've dropped it so that I could look at the pictures in raws and forget about ever having an English scanlation of it. And even if I would ask "when will the next release be out", after over a year since the last release and knowing that you've had the next volume finished for a long time I do not think you would have a reason to be annoyed.

Not to mention that you said to me 9 months ago that:

Volume 6 will be translated till the end of this month, then volume 7 next month. We release both volumes together, so it could take till next month. We switched translators from one project to another, that's why.

You can donate for volume 8 & 9 after the release of volumes 6 & 7. I think that we can finish till volume 12 or 13 like that till the end of this year.

What's more, you're asking for more money even though people who have donated for volumes 6 and 7 haven't even seen a glimpse of the work being done and for all we know it's just your talk. You're also asking for horrendous amounts of money when it comes to other manga like Moyashimon for example. 190$ for a volume? Seriously? That contradicts with your "we're doing it for fun". Looks to me you want to make up for the money you "lost" when buying manga which you must have liked anyway (assuming that you didn't lie when you said that you're doing it for fun and that you're not a masochist) because FREE raws can be easily found and paying someone for translating a volume doesn't look like "fun" either.

Furthermore, you're antagonizing your own staff by being mister high and mighty and being whimsical. Feanor is one example but Gernot (he worked on Superior/Superior Cross) is another and I've learned quite a few facts about your behaviour from him. I don't want to go into details here, if anyone's interested I can PM him with them.

In short, you've managed to antagonize one of your bigger fans (which links I've provided above show) because of your attitude "we're so awesome and doing you a great favour so lick our boots or at least give me the money". After all, even though I've helped with the typesetting of a few chapters of Queen Emeraldas (and I've done so in hopes that it would give others some time to work on Desert Punk but also as appreciation of your work) and advertising your group wherever I could, I'm still being considered a nameless, ignorant reader. And apparently anyone is considered that unless they give you money. Congratulations.

(...) I'm preparing a 20 volumes release for the first half of this year, and a 30 volumes release for the second half. (...)

lol

Offline Beta-man

• J-Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: January 21, 2013, 05:24:49 AM »
Sorry to bother you, I'm new here, so I'm not even sure this should be posted here, but the links to Narutaru (all links) seem to no longer work; is there any chance of a new upload? Pretty Please?
Thanks in advance and let me know if this should have been posted elsewere.