Funds $0 | Needed $120
Like the community? Enjoy reading manga?
Then click on the small donation banner! Thx!

0%

Poll

What's your favorite type of writing to read/write? (Up to 5 choices)

Non-fiction
6 (2.4%)
Historical
13 (5.3%)
Fantasy
54 (22%)
Sci-fi
39 (15.9%)
Horror
18 (7.3%)
Instructional/Self-help
5 (2%)
Technical/Text-book
6 (2.4%)
Fanfiction
19 (7.7%)
Short stories
30 (12.2%)
Poetry
11 (4.5%)
Humour
35 (14.2%)
Anything as long as I can just look at the pretty pictures...
9 (3.7%)
PWPs
1 (0.4%)

Total Members Voted: 64

Author Topic: Writer's Workshop/Guild  (Read 18420 times)

Offline bronx819

• J-Starter
  • Renommée: 0
  • My goal: TO RULE ESO (Elder Scrolls Online)
    • View Profile
Re: Writer's Workshop/Guild
« Reply #77 on: October 14, 2013, 11:14:25 PM »
Erm, I'm new to forums in general so I don't know the proper etiquette and whatnot.

Anyway, a while ago I started a project that I hoped would be an epic someday that I would work on over time so I can work out the kinks and increase my writing skill (kinda like a 5 year plan). So I started it, except I realized that the story I wrote could be a prequel of sorts to a game that can be made. The story I have so far is set in present time but a catastrophe may or may not happen (I haven't decided, but I like apocalyptic stories) that could provide the setting for a game. I'm at an impasse, should I focus on the prequel or focus on writing a storyboard for a game? I'll write a quick summary

Word count: only close to 9k.
Summary: A female college student who hates to socialize and resents the invisible hierarchy of the present society, this describes Deryn Bursnell. Born in England and bored of her life, she often fantasized about going on adventures and participating in battles while resenting her misfortune of being born on such a dull plane. When she goes to visit a friend though, she is surprised to find him decapitated and drained of his blood. Shocked, she tries to calm herself and forces herself to stare at the gruesome scene so that it won't instill fear in her. Deryn gathers her thoughts and thinks, 'Something did this, something human or nonhuman. This is bad, what the fuck do I do? Do I find the culprit or report it to the police? The police won't find anything!'. She reaches this conclusion and with her sanity held together she begins investigating the cause of this monstrous turn of events. Despite finding out why and how her friend was murdered, why would she go to such ends to find the culprit herself? Because the police really are inept, or for the sheer fun of it?

Offline DGryphon

• J-Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: September 19, 2013, 11:14:36 AM »
Hey~WOW!
How did I missed thread like that?
I'm still too new here...

Anyway, I'm kinda writing a story right now (in progress for ears actually) and I recently started to publish it online here on jCafe (Link) and on outside amateur novel publishing sites like NovelJoy and FictionPress

Anyway, if any of you want to read and review (cuz I know I'm supreme amateur and I make lots of mistakes) feel free to comment afterwards in the thread linked above...
That would help me so much in further writing...

Oh yea, some summary, genre and words count...
Lets see...
Genre: Fantasy/Sci-Fi/Supernatural
Words count: around 16.500 but I still have 2 chapters left to finish...
Short summary: 20.000 years ago. Therra is chosen as new home for the strongest and wisest race leading MWS through peace and shared knowledge. Meanwhile neighbor Galaxy is conquered by Ta-imu [read same as "time"], ruthless race of warriors. After all planets are in their hands, Commander of Ta-imu seek the way to test his strength against race with infinite potential. And so he start a new war on new world...

Enjoy and thanks in advance xd for everything xd

@Jump3r I can't see the JCafe Link, and also I would like to join this club as a reader and in the near future as a writer. Thank you.

Offline Jump3R

• Shiroyasha|燃えてきたぜ!!|FanBoy/FB|OVER NINE THOUSA~ND posts!|Totally Off The Wall And Crazy (Totwac)|Dragon of the 9 Threads of Spam|Itsumo|Gyarakushia|Jyan|Wiseass| Shogun Obvious|Sweater|Sir Douchebag
  • Global Moderator
  • Galaxia
  • Renommée: 153
  • 真実はいつもひとつ!
    • View Profile
    • FictionPress Acc
« Reply #75 on: May 13, 2013, 02:56:54 AM »
Hey~WOW!
How did I missed thread like that?
I'm still too new here...

Anyway, I'm kinda writing a story right now (in progress for ears actually) and I recently started to publish it online here on jCafe (Link) and on outside amateur novel publishing sites like NovelJoy and FictionPress

Anyway, if any of you want to read and review (cuz I know I'm supreme amateur and I make lots of mistakes) feel free to comment afterwards in the thread linked above...
That would help me so much in further writing...

Oh yea, some summary, genre and words count...
Lets see...
Genre: Fantasy/Sci-Fi/Supernatural
Words count: around 16.500 but I still have 2 chapters left to finish...
Short summary: 20.000 years ago. Therra is chosen as new home for the strongest and wisest race leading MWS through peace and shared knowledge. Meanwhile neighbor Galaxy is conquered by Ta-imu [read same as "time"], ruthless race of warriors. After all planets are in their hands, Commander of Ta-imu seek the way to test his strength against race with infinite potential. And so he start a new war on new world...

Enjoy and thanks in advance xd for everything xd

Offline Takuz

• Soon To-Be Light Novelist
  • J-Starter
  • Watashi Wa Akuma Da?
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: May 13, 2013, 02:40:51 AM »
Yoz~  :hi: I notice some good self work novel~ I will became a reader

Well i got a story of mine but not had time move it forward  :p!ssed:  :p!ssed:

Why hand Why?  :p!ssed:

Offline ichinensei

• J-Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: September 29, 2012, 10:26:22 AM »
so good  :wahaha:

Offline fishy

• J-Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: September 10, 2012, 04:37:46 PM »
Title: Escape to another world (Note: I'm Trying to come up with something better).
Author:  fishy
Rating: R
Word Count: 10,944 (so far)
Genre: Fantasy
Short Summary:The story is about Zero who possesses the ability to absorb and use mythic energy.   He is kept as a slave on his birth world where his ability is made us of as a weapon, but do to an event he is transferred to another world where he experience freedom for the first time.  This story revolves around him dealing with many new experiences while at the same time faces various other challenges.  
Link:
Google Doc
Or probably less up to date
jcafe24 writing form

Offline valkangel

• surprise me.. :))
  • J-Hero
  • Renommée: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: September 13, 2011, 11:30:24 AM »
hmm... i too have a story that i have been wanting to share. maybe after i finish all my projects at school, i would post here...  :XD:

Offline LuciusD

• J-Writer
  • J-Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: July 14, 2011, 10:04:40 AM »
 :hi: Everyone!

I see that no one appeared for some time, but this is the place I was oriented to come by the "Read before you go any further!!!" topic.

Not entering this club would be a lack of consideration to jCafe after I announced on my intro thread that I am a writer (a Brazilian published author, but I am translating to English - page by page  :aty:). Futhermore, it will be a pleasure to join others risking their wiriting abilities and the ones helping with their sincere opinions.

Truth be told, I didn't have time to read anything for years because of my work at home (I can't read after reviewing my book the rest of my free time - I get tired of words and go see anime :XD:) and now I am busy with the translation.

So being, please, accept me amongst you and let me give you a taste of my book (the already translated 3 chapters of my saga). I do not promise put the others chapters here (I wanna sell it in Amazon.com, after all :XD:). However, I would really like to read your reviews about it, as it tells a story about Japan.

One more question: would be more appropriated to post the chapters here or open a topic with the [W] in the "Writing" board?

Thanks for everything!

Pleasure for the readers, Inspiration and Motivation to the writers!!! (we need them a lot - in both cases!)

Offline dragonspell

• I ♥ Winchester Boys!
  • jCafe Nobility
  • God of Water
  • Renommée: 515
  • And you know what? We kind of liked it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: May 14, 2010, 07:48:55 PM »
Added.  =)

Offline Rupann

• J-Hero
  • Renommée: 21
  • It's the greatest show time!
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: May 14, 2010, 07:32:50 PM »
It would be pleasure to join your Guild of Writers as a reader and writer! Let me join to your forces, mainly as a reader than writer , I am totally "anti-english grammar/antienglishtalent", here. But still working on my grammar, I write the short stories only in my native language, I will try to translate them in the future, when I have more confidence in my english.

Hm, there are many stories, I will read next time and post here my humble opinions. Keep writing!

Offline Crimson moon

• semi-back...
  • J-Titan
  • Renommée: 106
  • painting everything in red...
    • View Profile
    • Spirals..
« Reply #67 on: July 04, 2009, 08:12:18 PM »
Kai-kun!! *glomps*

anyway... since I haven't written much again I'll just post another old story of mine that is still not finish, but you can regard this as a one-shot if you want.

Title:  Some Like it Hot!
Author:  Shenhui
Rating: T (for now)
Word count:  approximately 1000+
Genre:  romance
Summary:  the gang is celebrating... but someone's not that happy..
Link: Chapter 1

Offline k.aise

• ★ALIVE & ROLLIN★
  • J-Regular
  • Renommée: 14
    • View Profile
    • ★ALIVE & ROLLIN★
« Reply #66 on: July 02, 2009, 12:03:02 AM »
hey~jus knew of this club. i wanna join for holy mercy! hallelujah!!!  :pushup:

Offline laogoh

• Faceless. Old man is dead.
  • J-Legend
  • Renommée: 53
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: July 01, 2009, 07:03:14 PM »
well I agree with the kid, only, I think this should be in jlit itself.

Offline DeGrayEau

• Distrot Hoover
  • J-Master
  • Renommée: 41
  • Regards to the Cobblestone
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 27, 2009, 10:25:56 AM »
We should post a link thread to here in Jliterature. Well, not much of me but everyone else  :shy:

Offline dragonspell

• I ♥ Winchester Boys!
  • jCafe Nobility
  • God of Water
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: June 05, 2009, 08:12:41 PM »
Welcome.  =)

Offline SelectAPsycho

• J-Recruit
  • I got beated up.
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 05, 2009, 07:46:13 PM »
I'd love to join as a writer and a reader! I haven't been going 'round literary art for a while, and it's been months since I've written anything... I'd love to get back into the loop.

Offline dragonspell

• I ♥ Winchester Boys!
  • jCafe Nobility
  • God of Water
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: June 05, 2009, 10:52:37 AM »
Added.  =)

Offline Popothepenguin

• GWR Team
  • J-Regular
  • Renommée: 21
  • I make it rain!
    • View Profile
    • Deviantpage
« Reply #60 on: June 05, 2009, 07:15:14 AM »
Hey can I join?

here's a few links to some stories.

a short one (about half a page)
Sorry, please read the forum rules to see why you can't view spoilers and why you can't post in this forum section. Thank you!

Offline Zannafar

• 5th generation Banchou - Yuri & Yandere Lover
  • AS-Team
  • J-Legend
  • Renommée: 88
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 02, 2009, 01:19:53 AM »
A new short story from me. It's german, so I don't know if anyone can read it, but I still post it. I don't know if I will translate it, but maybe if I find the time for it.

title: Das Versprechen des Tänzers
rating: 0 (If someone reads it to you)
word count: 603
genres: short story/ fantasy/ drama
I wrote it while I was in London, when I found a bit time to write and was waiting for ideas for my project "Junk Town".

Sorry, please read the forum rules to see why you can't view spoilers and why you can't post in this forum section. Thank you!

Offline DeGrayEau

• Distrot Hoover
  • J-Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 07, 2009, 04:43:42 AM »
Its my way of saying  :hi: I mean it in the nicest way you can imagine  :mlfy:

Offline laogoh

• J-Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 06, 2009, 08:41:16 PM »
Yay for Dragon-Sama writing novels!  :wakuwaku: :ham:

So old geezer, do you have any eye candy at hand? A poem would be nice  :okaeri:

:james: Who're you calling an old geezer? And I don't have candy, go away.

That's a good way of keeping up with the things you write. You could also add quotes which show the characters personality or important qoutes which the character could recall later in the story to the cards.

Also if you write fantasy or science-fiction you should make a comment page where the names of places in the story are listed cause they can be kind of hard to remember. Or you could even invent your own sayings which are influenced by the culture of the people in your story

An example for a saying from an old story from me... it's kind of a stupid example, but I still post it.

Another fun thing to do for fantasy storys is drawing a map of the area the story is taking place (maybe even with the route the hero takes).

I like the concept, who says it's stupid? It's a always fun to invent your own culture. Makes your world realistic aye?

Offline Hiddenkaos

• Noob Eater
  • Forum Donator
  • J-Highlander
  • Renommée: 152
  • Bad habits always pay off in the long run
    • View Profile
    • Fanfiction For the Masses
« Reply #56 on: May 06, 2009, 04:33:47 AM »
Has anyone here ever tried writing a novel?  =|  I'm finding I'm having a hard time trying to focus on everything.  It's one thing to write a short story where I only have to be familiar with 5-10 pages but it's another when I have so many chapters and have to be familiar with all of them.  Anybody have any techniques on how to deal with this?

There is no easy way really, My longest ever was only about 50 as well, Its just a matter of pacing i suppose. For me its a matter of never forcing it, I only write when i know what I want to say, So I may write 10 pages one day and go 6 months without adding to them.

Offline DeGrayEau

• Distrot Hoover
  • J-Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 06, 2009, 04:27:31 AM »
Yay for Dragon-Sama writing novels!  :wakuwaku: :ham:

So old geezer, do you have any eye candy at hand? A poem would be nice  :okaeri:

Offline Zannafar

• AS-Team
  • J-Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 06, 2009, 02:26:57 AM »
I might just try the mapping thing.  I'm also thinking about doing character cards.  I.e., going through the story and writing down key things that have been revealed about the characters/plot so I know what I need to add or what I've already said.  Plus basic motivations, speech patterns, etc.
That's a good way of keeping up with the things you write. You could also add quotes which show the characters personality or important qoutes which the character could recall later in the story to the cards.

Also if you write fantasy or science-fiction you should make a comment page where the names of places in the story are listed cause they can be kind of hard to remember. Or you could even invent your own sayings which are influenced by the culture of the people in your story

An example for a saying from an old story from me... it's kind of a stupid example, but I still post it.

Another fun thing to do for fantasy storys is drawing a map of the area the story is taking place (maybe even with the route the hero takes).

Offline dragonspell

• I ♥ Winchester Boys!
  • jCafe Nobility
  • God of Water
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 06, 2009, 01:47:42 AM »
And I guess I have to sign up now! There's just no refusing the Dragon's 'invitation'! :mg:

xD  That's right!  There is no refusing me.  :ghoststories:

I might just try the mapping thing.  I'm also thinking about doing character cards.  I.e., going through the story and writing down key things that have been revealed about the characters/plot so I know what I need to add or what I've already said.  Plus basic motivations, speech patterns, etc.

Offline Zannafar

• AS-Team
  • J-Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 05, 2009, 10:50:10 PM »
Has anyone here ever tried writing a novel?  =|  I'm finding I'm having a hard time trying to focus on everything.  It's one thing to write a short story where I only have to be familiar with 5-10 pages but it's another when I have so many chapters and have to be familiar with all of them.  Anybody have any techniques on how to deal with this?

So far the only thing I've been able to do to help cope with this is print out the entire story and spread it out so I have many pages to reference at any given time (my biggest story at the moment is 53 pages).
I tried to write a novel more than once, but I always left it as a try. :snoozing:
I don't have the problem of keeping track of what I've written, but at some point I either lose interest in the story or it's not coming out like I wanted it too and I just give up at that point.
I think the most I've ever written was around 30 pages, but when I read it again it sounded so wrong I threw it away... :WOT!?:

Right now I'm trying to write a longer story for my livejournal account, but I'm still stuck at the prologue (and I haven't even started translating it in english), so it's gonna take awhile before you can read it.

Offline laogoh

• J-Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 05, 2009, 05:46:52 PM »
I'm sorry I couldn't reply earlier, Dragon.

Boss launched a sneak attack AGAIN by coming back early from lunch =/

Mindmapping, I've never used, but it's a brainstorming device of sorts to map out concepts, pictorially or otherwise. It's supposed to be helpful in linking stuff. Sample mindmaps go like this:

Personally, I've never used mindmaps before, but I was thinking maybe you could adapt this approach and tailor it to solve your problem? Its structure seems to be conducive for things other than just plain brainstorming.

Dunno if it'll work for you, Dragon, just a suggestion.

And I guess I have to sign up now! There's just no refusing the Dragon's 'invitation'! :mg:

Offline dragonspell

• I ♥ Winchester Boys!
  • jCafe Nobility
  • God of Water
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 05, 2009, 01:17:14 PM »
Hi, Lao.  :shy:

What's mindmapping?

Offline laogoh

• J-Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 05, 2009, 01:06:27 PM »
Or take down notes in point form for referencing. Maybe you can try something like mindmapping? 

Offline dragonspell

• I ♥ Winchester Boys!
  • jCafe Nobility
  • God of Water
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 05, 2009, 12:59:48 PM »

So far the only thing I've been able to do to help cope with this is print out the entire story and spread it out so I have many pages to reference at any given time (my biggest story at the moment is 53 pages).

Offline DeGrayEau

• Distrot Hoover
  • J-Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 30, 2009, 08:09:04 AM »
Title: Staredown at the Court.
Author: P10
Rating: PG
Word Count: A lot.
Genre: Short story
Summary: This is an autobiography of how I spent my Tuesday.

Its something that I didn't plan to actually type and isn't much of a story at all  :hahaha:

Offline Hiddenkaos

• Noob Eater
  • Forum Donator
  • J-Highlander
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 29, 2009, 10:39:42 AM »
:ham:

Chapter 1 is sitting around 23,000 words but I'm trying to find where to end the chapter..

Offline DeGrayEau

• Distrot Hoover
  • J-Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: April 29, 2009, 10:32:54 AM »
You want me to give you a nice story about it? It would have to be posted tomorrow though  :banzai:

Offline dragonspell

• I ♥ Winchester Boys!
  • jCafe Nobility
  • God of Water
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 29, 2009, 10:15:11 AM »
Is Ashley really a guy?  :hahaha: Traps aren't fun.  :lonely:

Ashley's a guy.  =D  But he's not a trap in the slightest.  His mother was just a big fan of Gone With the Wind

My female characters tend to be bitches, batshit crazy or a combination of the two.  =P  So they're usually not the main character.

Still waiting for my poem back and I forgot the one that came too mind when a bee had a stare down against myself. I won  :yay:

You had a staredown with a bee?  xD

When I finish it, I'll post chapter one of Evernight.

:ham:

Offline Hiddenkaos

• Noob Eater
  • Forum Donator
  • J-Highlander
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 29, 2009, 07:54:27 AM »
When I finish it, I'll post chapter one of Evernight.

Offline DeGrayEau

• Distrot Hoover
  • J-Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 29, 2009, 07:52:20 AM »
Is Ashley really a guy?  :hahaha: Traps aren't fun.  :lonely:

Still waiting for my poem back and I forgot the one that came too mind when a bee had a stare down against myself. I won  :yay:

Offline dragonspell

• I ♥ Winchester Boys!
  • jCafe Nobility
  • God of Water
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 28, 2009, 12:39:24 PM »
PG-13 my ***.. You would always slip something in to make me want to close the page but I couldn't leave the story cause it was damn good :P.

Sorry.  That IS PG-13 to me.  xD  No sex in sight except for the fact that Eli's a slut.  But thank you.  :shy:

I'm considering posting the first part of Ashley's story.  There's nothing you'd object to in there (in the first part anyway =P ).  But I'm thinking I'll finish it first.

Offline Hiddenkaos

• Noob Eater
  • Forum Donator
  • J-Highlander
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 28, 2009, 05:59:36 AM »
Written porn always falls short(no pun intended..)

Offline DeGrayEau

• Distrot Hoover
  • J-Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 28, 2009, 05:42:27 AM »
PG-13 my ***.. You would always slip something in to make me want to close the page but I couldn't leave the story cause it was damn good :P.

Offline dragonspell

• I ♥ Winchester Boys!
  • jCafe Nobility
  • God of Water
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 28, 2009, 12:37:59 AM »
Aww.  See, I warned you!  xD  NC-17 for porn!  =)

Older one and I've posted a link to it before, I'm just consolidating.

Title: The Morning (Suite 7).
Author: Dragonspell
Rating: PG-13 - Nothing bad except Eli's thoughts.
Word Count: 2287.
Genre: Original.  Suite 7.
Summary:  Eli comes home in the early morning.
Suite 7 summary: Suite 7 started out as a joke and a dare ("I'm bored of threesomes.  I've moved onto fivesomes.")  Somehow, it just kind of morphed into actually getting a storyline of a small business conglomeration of 5 criminals (or would be criminals): a business man leader (CEO), a softer, older mothering type (retired assassin), a young conman, an emo hacker, and an out-of-control teenager having a gender identity crisis.  The story, though it has an over-reaching storyline is told more in little snippets, kind of like episodes.  This is one of the first "episodes" (kind of like a "pilot" episode). 
Link: http://dragonspell.livejournal.com/87133.html

Offline DeGrayEau

• Distrot Hoover
  • J-Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 27, 2009, 12:41:04 AM »
Yeh... We need the highest rating for Dragon-sama and we need the lowest one for poems and such. Its more of keeping people from being aware untill the option of an exit is completely gone  :yay:

I like everyones so far... My eyes are still bleeding from reading Dragon's. Acid like story that melts the brain  :squirt:

Offline Zannafar

• AS-Team
  • J-Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 26, 2009, 09:24:41 PM »
Its really good for a short story  :yay:

The rating is for how mature the story is. Yours would be a PG-13 (Teens) since it involves killing. If it involves minor sexual content or a lot of gore and violence, its rated R and you can guess the rest.
Thanks!
And also thanks for the information about the rating. The German rating system is different (0,6,12,16 and no minors) so I have some problems with the American system. Also normally there is no real rating for books in germany (with the exeption of some manga publishers who rate the manga themself)

Offline DeGrayEau

• Distrot Hoover
  • J-Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 26, 2009, 01:23:56 AM »
Its really good for a short story  :yay:

The rating is for how mature the story is. Yours would be a PG-13 (Teens) since it involves killing. If it involves minor sexual content or a lot of gore and violence, its rated R and you can guess the rest.

Offline Zannafar

• AS-Team
  • J-Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 25, 2009, 11:42:12 PM »
Title: The Girl At The Window
Author: Zannafar
Rating: PG-13
Word Count: 392
Short Story/Drama
A short story I wrote as a homework in 8th grade. The theme was writing a story from an picture. The picture had the title "Mädchen am Fenster" so I kept it as the title (I just translated it). The picture showed a girl standing at a window. Outside the window was the sea, with a single boat floating over the surface.
The story is about a killer who works for a nameless organization and his only daughter who betrayed the organization.
Link:The Girl At The Window

Tried my best to translate it. Hope you like it.

Offline DeGrayEau

• Distrot Hoover
  • J-Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 25, 2009, 12:26:59 PM »
I don't trust my hands. Somehow they always put and then another and right after that and which causes one more and somehow which really ticks me off  :hahaha:

Offline dragonspell

• I ♥ Winchester Boys!
  • jCafe Nobility
  • God of Water
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 25, 2009, 12:25:56 PM »
Repeating words isn't always bad, especially when it comes to names.  It's not always good either, just make sure you don't get carried away.  =)

Offline DeGrayEau

• Distrot Hoover
  • J-Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 25, 2009, 12:21:53 PM »
Yes, its from a whole so its somewhere near the middle of the story. Of course I had to shorten and didn't bother editing the cuts (Thats just how I am). Thats probably why some things seem... not as creative :P
Albert Kilman is his name but since I was taught to repeat words as few as possible, it was used in different ways. The Good Lord was a reference to God. Due to his nature, he wishes to beat the best and whom better to beat then the creator (From his point of view, i'm not actually into religion but it makes a good backround).
Thanks for reading it though Dragon and I like the pointers and signs  :banzai:

Maybe if I could actually finish the whole story, find a good place to link it from, and eventually put it here! But i'm barely though the whole concept... Besides, my zombie story comes first  :mlfy:

Offline dragonspell

• I ♥ Winchester Boys!
  • jCafe Nobility
  • God of Water
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: April 25, 2009, 11:50:05 AM »
@Dragonspell: I really like the way you write, but somehow I think that I should have known what it's about before I read it :ghostly:

:XD:  Maybe I will complete one of my tamer ones and post it.

I've added you Zannafar.  Welcome to the club.  =)  If you need help translating into English, we can probably help you with that.  =)  I don't exactly speak German (one semester does not fluency make) but I HAVE helped German exchange students attempt to write newspaper articles before.  xD

@ DeGray, re: the drabble.

I REALLY like the breathing you preface and end your drabble with.  Also, I like this sentence: "Again came the left jab, then a right hooking blow" 'cause it's the rhythm of his workout and it so fits.

Few things to work on if you want:  After the first sets of "Breathe"s (which you could italicize if you wanted for more dramatic effect, you really don't need the "thought to himself."  You could just put "Al swung another left fist to the punching bag" to tighten it up. 

Next sentence, you need an "-ed" on your "pass" to make it "passed."  Just a typo.  ^^  Last sentence of that paragraph, speaking of typos, looks like you're missing the third period for a full ellipses.

Second paragraph, I wasn't even thinking about it but now that I'm looking at it, if you wanted (and this one is all coming down to style here), you could work out that "Two-hundred" and some into the same pattern as the "Breathe...Breathe" by doing something like "One hundred, two hundred, two hundred and thirty seven" but I don't know.  =(

Third paragraph.  "the Good Lord."

One last thing.  In a matter of 197 words, you've gone through three names for him.  I'm assuming, however, that this is just part of a whole?

Offline DeGrayEau

• Distrot Hoover
  • J-Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 25, 2009, 04:13:35 AM »
Title: Living to Fight
Author: P10 (DeGrayEau ^^)
Rating: PG-13 (At the moment <.<)
Word Count: 197
Short Story/Drabble/Clipping
The summary of the whole idea is Albert "Al" Kilman who fights to fight, a passion for the next man down. In a constant state of sadistic enjoyment, he joins the Marines and is a boxer until he knows what the true horror of a "fight" really is...

Offline Zannafar

• AS-Team
  • J-Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 25, 2009, 03:22:38 AM »
Try writing a summary then so I can wait an eternity for something that might not happen  :yay:.
I will try to translate the story I'm writing at the moment, even though it will need a while, since I just started with it and haven't even finished one chapter of it in german.

Offline DeGrayEau

• Distrot Hoover
  • J-Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 25, 2009, 03:12:38 AM »
I want to join :hi:
You guys wrote some interesting stories.

Even though I sometimes write stories myself, I probably won't post anything here.
The reasons for that are 1. I often don't finish what I began to write :aty: and 2. I'm german and my english is not good enough to translate my own stories :ack:
Well, maybe I try to translate one or two of them, but don't get your hopes up too much

Try writing a summary then so I can wait an eternity for something that might not happen  :yay:.

I wanna post my cruddy poem from one of my classes but I haven't got it with me. Maybe i'll do those more often since my stories are still in my head   :but:

Offline Crimson moon

• semi-back...
  • J-Titan
    • View Profile
    • Spirals..
« Reply #26 on: April 25, 2009, 02:31:03 AM »
:hi: Zanny-kun, Gray-san...

Offline Zannafar

• AS-Team
  • J-Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 25, 2009, 02:11:20 AM »
I want to join :hi:
You guys wrote some interesting stories.

Even though I sometimes write stories myself, I probably won't post anything here.
The reasons for that are 1. I often don't finish what I began to write :aty: and 2. I'm german and my english is not good enough to translate my own stories :ack:
Well, maybe I try to translate one or two of them, but don't get your hopes up too much

@Dragonspell: I really like the way you write, but somehow I think that I should have known what it's about before I read it :ghostly:

Offline dragonspell

• I ♥ Winchester Boys!
  • jCafe Nobility
  • God of Water
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 24, 2009, 09:38:57 AM »
=)  Welcome, DeGray.  This club is just like a general place for people to post stuff to their own works in case somebody's interested in reading it and (hopefully) as a place to discuss such works maybe on how to make them better.  I tend not to read much because I don't have the time but others do.  A

This thread can be used for anything as long as it pertains to writing (your own, someone else's, mechanics, hell I don't care).  Unfortunately, yeah we probably do need more readers.  I never have the time, but I think some others do.  nd, like Kaos said, many tend to avoid mine.  xD

Also, and this is a general comment, if anyone has a specific question about the best way to pull something off, style, content, or mechanics, I might be able to help a bit with that.  Two years working professionally in a Writing Center as well as 10 years personal experience ought to be good for something...

Offline DeGrayEau

• Distrot Hoover
  • J-Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 24, 2009, 08:25:47 AM »
Ok, i'll eventually read through most of the writings (No mood for Yaoi but i'll try it for the sake of being multi-functional).

*Goes back to doing nothing*

Offline Hiddenkaos

• Noob Eater
  • Forum Donator
  • J-Highlander
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 24, 2009, 08:19:59 AM »
I'm worling on my above Fic as well as a new Crossover between Strawberry Panic and Card Captor Sakura...

Offline DeGrayEau

• Distrot Hoover
  • J-Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 24, 2009, 08:17:59 AM »

I wonder why...  :hahaha:

Mine will get here at some point in time... I normally neglect writing for ages at a time.

Offline Hiddenkaos

• Noob Eater
  • Forum Donator
  • J-Highlander
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 24, 2009, 08:14:40 AM »
Don't the other writers read the writing of others?

...sometimes... I read pucca's and Crimson's but not dragons...

Offline DeGrayEau

• Distrot Hoover
  • J-Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 24, 2009, 08:13:44 AM »
Don't the other writers read the writing of others?

Offline red_pucca

• Mikami Pai.
  • Global Moderator
  • J-Titan
  • Renommée: 178
  • Can I have my candy now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 24, 2009, 08:12:32 AM »
And even better because we need more readers.

Offline Hiddenkaos

• Noob Eater
  • Forum Donator
  • J-Highlander
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 24, 2009, 08:00:33 AM »
What if I want to write and read?  :mlfy:

One can only assume that is just fine ^_^

Offline DeGrayEau

• Distrot Hoover
  • J-Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 24, 2009, 07:58:19 AM »
What if I want to write and read?  :mlfy:

Offline Crimson moon

• semi-back...
  • J-Titan
    • View Profile
    • Spirals..
« Reply #15 on: April 10, 2009, 04:32:01 AM »
:hihi: :stickemup: You're very much welcome.. :yay:

Offline dragonspell

• I ♥ Winchester Boys!
  • jCafe Nobility
  • God of Water
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 10, 2009, 04:15:00 AM »
Thank you!  =D

Offline Crimson moon

• semi-back...
  • J-Titan
    • View Profile
    • Spirals..
« Reply #13 on: April 10, 2009, 04:12:24 AM »
Yes I do.   :lovelove:  They're hot.  =D

They're actually sizzling in your story last time I check... :rolling:

Offline dragonspell

• I ♥ Winchester Boys!
  • jCafe Nobility
  • God of Water
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 10, 2009, 04:09:05 AM »
Yes I do.   :lovelove:  They're hot.  =D

Offline Crimson moon

• semi-back...
  • J-Titan
    • View Profile
    • Spirals..
« Reply #11 on: April 10, 2009, 04:08:16 AM »
I like them.  ♥

Spell-chan... you do not like them.. YOU LOVE 'EM!! :hihi:

Offline dragonspell

• I ♥ Winchester Boys!
  • jCafe Nobility
  • God of Water
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2009, 04:06:01 AM »
What is it with you and old men? xD

I like them.  ♥

wathiroth

« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2009, 04:01:08 AM »
What is it with you and old men? xD

Offline Crimson moon

• semi-back...
  • J-Titan
    • View Profile
    • Spirals..
« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2009, 03:15:36 AM »
Spell-chan really writes well... :jump: though I'm not really into yaoi.. I like the way you write.. :)

Now I'm off to read Hidden-kun's work and recommended fic..

Offline dragonspell

• I ♥ Winchester Boys!
  • jCafe Nobility
  • God of Water
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2009, 10:54:15 PM »
Title: 1951 Harley Davidson Panhead.
Author: dragonspell
Rating: NC-17
Word Count: 3248
Genre: Original short story; PWP.
Summary: Jack is the default owner of the Dead Head Bar, a crumbling building in the middle of the desert and, because of that, also the default leader of the local biker gang. And Tommy is the only guy who can see through Jack's bullshit.
Link: http://dragonspell.livejournal.com/100096.html

Offline Crimson moon

• semi-back...
  • J-Titan
    • View Profile
    • Spirals..
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2009, 04:18:03 AM »
Title:  Diary
Rating: K+
Word count:  approximately 500+
Genre:  angst
Summary:  a glimpse into one's heart...
Link: Diary

Offline red_pucca

• Mikami Pai.
  • Global Moderator
  • J-Titan
  • Renommée: 178
  • Can I have my candy now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2009, 02:30:21 PM »
I want to join as a reader =)
And old man should join also and post his work(s).

wathiroth

« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2009, 06:51:13 AM »
I'll leave my mark right here.

I haven't been able to write in a long time. I've tried to scribble something though. And well, since I haven't written anything in a long time, I don't think it would be very nice anymore even if I could write...

Offline Crimson moon

• semi-back...
  • J-Titan
    • View Profile
    • Spirals..
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2009, 11:46:41 PM »
I'll join in too Spell-chan...

Now what to post...

Title:  Darkness
Rating:  T (I think..:huhh:)
Word count:  approximately 200
Summary:  just a little poem that tackles on the feeling of being neglected.
Link:  Darkness

Title:  Not Alone
Rating: T
Word count:  1697
Genre/Fandom: Angst/romance, Flame of Recca
Summary:  ReccaxFuuko pairing.  When your best guy friend falls into depression, circumstances tends to be tension-filled.
Link:  Not Alone

Do forgive me if there would be few grammatical errors.  I tend to be lazy in editing my own work.. :XD: yes Shenhui is my pen name..

Offline Hiddenkaos

• Noob Eater
  • Forum Donator
  • J-Highlander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2009, 04:15:38 PM »
*raises hand* I'll join And as a start here's a couple links
Title:Negima Star
Author:Hiddenkaos
Chapters 3
Word Count: 12,875
Fandom: Negima/Lucky Star
A short summary: A Negima-Lucky Star Crossover. Konosetsu and Konami pairings. When a mysterious item is suddenly discovered, events unfold that not even a certain otaku could predict.
Link: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4953231/1/Negima_Star

Title: Tenderness
Author: Carola "Ryuchan" Eriksson
Word Count: 10,000+
Fandom: Negima. Shoujo-ai
A short summary: A beautfilly writen story of two young girls in love.

Links:

I'll have more soon, I'm currently writing like 4 stories.

Offline dragonspell

• I ♥ Winchester Boys!
  • jCafe Nobility
  • God of Water
    • View Profile
Writer's Workshop/Guild
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2009, 03:32:55 PM »
This club is for both writers and readers.

Here's the deal:

Writers:
   When you write something and you want to share, post a notice and a link here to inform anyone's that's interested (please don't post the actual work here unless it's extremely short (drabbles/poetry)).  The actual work can be hosted anywhere--jCafe, livejournal, hell, the Pit of Voles.  Whatever you like.

The notice should contain:
Title (including chapter number if a multi-chaptered work).
Author.
Rating (G, PG, PG-13, R, NC-17).
Word Count (approximate is fine).
Genre and/or Fandom (for fanfiction).
A short summary.
A link to said work (or if drabble/poetry, said work.  Please use your discretion on when to use spoilers for length).

Readers: 
   Anyone that's interested in reading your fellow jCafian's writings, just post here and anytime someone posts something new, hopefully you'll be notified in your list of replied threads.  Feel free, however, to also leave your comments here if you like and/or discuss the merits/flaws of each works.  Constructive criticism is a writer's best friend.

General Notice:
   Recs are allowed.  If you find an exceptional work and would like to share it, feel free to post a recommendation, including the link and why you think it's so amazing.

Members:
   dragonspell
   Hiddenkaos
   Crimson_moon
   wathiroth
   Red_Pucca
   DeGrayEau
   Zannafar
   Laogoh
   Popothepenguin
   Selectapsycho
   Rupann